High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 34 - 8/3/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

somewhere87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 32 - 4/11/15

Post by somewhere87 »

Uhu poor Maria! I hope she's going to be allright <3
Michael: I NEVER wanted anyone else, I still don't..- BOYA
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It is so good to see an update.
I liked the way the girls made wardrobe adjustments.....
The guys aren't having much luck in the fishing department.
Max and Liz have found it very easy to talk to each other.......I like the direction this is heading.
Tess and Kyle fighting.....
But good for Michael going after Maria,.
Can't wait to see what happens next,
Carolyn
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

Are there jealous people on the island? :lol: Michael showed that he still cares, that Maria is still important for him. Hope he'll find her as first. And maybe, when they've talked properly, Maria can let Max of the hook. So he can show his feelings for Liz, even though she has a (lousy) fiance.
Take a look at Eva's world
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Oh Max and Maria....time to end this silly charade!!!! Its only going to make them look more ridiculous when the truth comes out. And the fact that Michael is the one going to search for Maria while Max is flirting shamelessly with Liz.....there is no attaction between Maria and Max.....And Tess...HA HA HA I liked that. Kyle is so mad. HA!
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

I missed the update, sorry :oops:

I wonder what Maria would feel when Michael obviously shows that he cares :wink: There is definitely sexual tension between Kyle & Tess. Can't wait to see how it is settled :mrgreen:

Would Liz flirt behind Maria's back with Max more??

Love this story! Please update soon :wink:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

Oh no, poor Maria. I hope that Michael can find her in time. And Tess ...not so tough, are you?
inesdiangello
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by inesdiangello »

Loving this story! Started it last night not paying attention to the amount of pages and was hoping for a finished story because I've already got 2 other fics that are only updated weekly too, so now this is another one to add to thet list! :lol: nonetheless I hope you still update and can't wait to read more! :mrgreen:
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Waiting impatiently for a new part! Thanks :wink:

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
HIS-&-HERS
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 33

Post by HIS-&-HERS »

Roswelllostcause: Lol, if she could only see it, huh?

begonia9508: Liz definitely sees that there is something out of place. But then again… she and Maria haven’t been in contact during the last years.

It’s probably not hate, lol.

somewhere87: She will be! ;)

keepsmiling7: They are finding their way on the island, huh? Maybe it’s not all perfect, but it could be just what they all need.

Eva: Lol, there is definitely jealousy on this small island! Maybe it helps to push them all into the right direction.

sarammlover: There is definitely no attraction between Max and Maria, but only we know that for now. ;)

SmileeUk: Hm, maybe we will find out about that soon!

K&T are definitely something else, lol.

Thanks.

CandyliciousLovah: Tess can be tough at times and then sometimes… not so much, hehe.

Let’s see if Michael finds her “in time”…

inesdiangello: Welcome on board. Well… also they are kinda off board right now, lol.

We are still updating, yes!

Chapter 33

The bad weather had approached so quickly that Maria knew she had no chance to get back to their little makeshift camp. The clouds were moving fast, so she had hope that the thunderstorm would leave just as fast as it had rolled in.

Luckily, she found one of those plants with huge leaves where she could find some shelter. It didn’t hold off most of the rain, but at least it protected her from the worst of the wind.

The ocean looked like a dull pool and it was hardly possible to distinguish it from the sky. Thunder rolled over her and lightning could be seen over the water.

Damn, she was hungry. Hopefully Michael and Kyle had been able to catch some fish before the weather had moved in. It would be hard to light a fire after the rain, but not impossible.

Shivering, she pulled one of the leaves further down over her head. It wasn’t cold by all meanings, but she was soaked all over, just wearing a bikini and the wind was gusting heavily. Well, the little guidebook hadn’t been lying. August seemed to be the rainy season indeed!

“Maria?”

Someone was calling her name, but through the sounds of the rain hitting the leaves and the wind shaking the palm trees, it was hard to figure out from where it came.

“Over here,” she yelled back and looked from left to right and back.

Suddenly someone appeared on the beach, one hand held up to cover his face from the lashing rain. First, she thought it was Max who had come to look for her, but as soon as the person got closer, her chest tightened. Michael.

Spending so much time on the same little island with him was hard. He had kept his promise and had acted civil towards her, but they had barely spoken a word at all. Why the hell was HE coming for her?

He heard her voice over the sounds of the storm, but it took a while before his eyes made her out in the grey mess. His heartbeat increased when he saw her in a bikini only, her body huddled close to a shrub that was bigger than her and created a natural roof with its huge leaves. The rain was falling too heavy to be blocked from anything, so she was wet all over as well.

“What the hell are you doin’ here?” Maria asked as soon as he joined her. She also tried not to notice that he was bare-chested and with his jeans cut off at the knees clinging to him like a second skin.

“Looking for UFO's," he said sarcastically while taking the leaf she was holding down over herself from her to cover both of them “You got everyone scared to death by taking off in this storm!” With everyone he meant him but there was no way in hell he'd admit it to her.

She turned towards him and smirked. “It’s just rain, Michael.”

“It’s a fuckin’ cloudburst,” he disagreed, shaking his head to get rid of some of the water in his hair, but it was an effortless attempt since their shelter was leaking.

“Well, yes, but in the end it is just water and I’m a big girl. I know not to stand under a palm, because chances are greater you’d get killed by a coconut than by lightning.”

He laughed. “Yeah, I heard that, too.”

How much she had missed the sound! He had never laughed a lot, but on those rare occasions, she had always thought how sexy it was. “Where you able to catch some fish?” She tipped her head up to look at him, remembering how tall he was when he stood directly in front of her. His hair was dripping wet and plastered to his head, sending drops of water all over his face and neck. She also tried her best to not notice how the rain ran water beads down his chest toward his cut offs.

“Yeah, a few," he said, his voice just a low whisper as his eyes moved over her face and lingered on her full lips almost too long to hide his attraction from her. Forcing his gaze up, he spoke to overcome the moment of weakness. “Tess helped us. And somehow in between her and Valenti's fights her suggestion actually worked out. Valenti was pissed.”

That hadn’t been an innocent look at her lips! He had considered kissing her, maybe only for a second, but he had, Maria was sure of it and she had no clue why she felt so disappointed now. A kiss would only make things worse. It would remind her of what she had lost five years ago. “I can imagine,” she said quickly and forced a smirk. “I wish they would just get over it and do the deed, because we all know they want it.”

“Ungh,” Michael made a face, “that’s my sister you’re talking about, DeLuca.”

“Stepsister and we both know she’s not an innocent girl. I wish I had seen her face when she saw Kyle for the first time after all these years.”

“Yeah, didn’t seen it either,” he grunted.

“No?” She frowned, but then remembered that her friends had said he had no clue about their destination or that she was going to be there. “How did Tess get you on the plane anyway?”

He snorted bitterly. “Told me she won a trip to Hawaii in some stupid contest. The night before we got on the plane she got me so drunk."

"SHE...got you drunk?" Maria asked, eyebrow raised.

"Ok, maybe I got myself drunk," he shrugged. "But now I know why she was so willing to pay for most of my drinks all night." That got a small laugh out of the two of them. “So after almost no sleep and hung-over off my ass I was zonked out on the plane before the others got on. Next time I woke up, we were landing in New York City, not Hawaii."

“Wow, that’s a really ratty thing to do.” There was no reason to feel bad for him considering what he had done to her, but she couldn’t help herself. He had never liked surprises and the way his sister had tricked him into that must have shattered his trust in her.

He shrugged one shoulder. “An’ you had no clue I’d be there. We were both punked.”

“Yeah, I guess.” She turned her gaze towards the ocean. The rain had let up a bit, but not enough to return to the others yet. “Would you have agreed to come if you had known the truth?”

“No,” he said honestly and swallowed. He knew it would hurt her, but there was no reason to lie about it.

Maria had expected the answer, but it didn’t mean it hurt any less. He had left her and of course he hadn’t planned to see her again.

“Would you?” He asked in return, lowering his eyes to her, but she wasn’t looking back at him.

“I don’t know. Probably not.” On the one hand, she had always anticipated seeing him again no matter how much it hurt, but on the other the thought had scared her. “So....you seeing anyone at the moment?” Maria's mouth suddenly blurted out before her brain could stop her. Why the hell did you just ask him that?!

He squeezed his eyes shut at her question, tempted to say yes just to create more distance, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. “No.”

Maria nodded her head slightly. She had known his story on the plane had been bullshit. Most people hadn’t gotten a read on him – Stonewall Guerin they had liked to call him back in the day. But to Maria he had always been an open book, easy to read. She knew he was alone, she could just feel it. The way he looked at her held the same passion, there was no way he had chosen another woman over her, just like she would never have chosen some other man over him if there had been a choice.

They held out in silence for a while. There were question on his tongue that he wanted to ask, but couldn’t. Was Max good to her? Was she feeling the same kinda things for that guy that she had felt for him?

Michael shook his head slightly to clear it. The few things he had heard from the conversation between the others, none of their lives had really turned out as planned. Evans had a child and was getting a divorce, his sister had ended up on his couch and Maria lived in a small apartment with her boyfriend while she worked in a bar and took classes. Wow, there was something they still had in common, he thought. Just Parker and Valenti seemed to make it big theses days.

He suddenly remembered something and reached into his pants pockets. How had he forgotten about it? Maybe trying to find a way to survive on this island had sidetracked his mind? "I've got somethin’ for you.”

“For me?” She asked in surprise and turned towards him again, curious what he would fish out of his jeans. There was absolutely nothing she could think of he could give her here in the middle of nowhere.

His fingers finally wrapped around the small band and pulled it out, holding it out to her and watching her face for the reaction.

Maria followed the movement of his hand and her heart nearly stopped when she saw the fine golden necklace hanging from his large hand. Her necklace. The one with her name, the one that had been ripped away from her by one of the muggers on the boat. “You got it back?” She whispered thickly, tears springing to her eyes and getting mixed with the rain.

“I know how much it means to you,” he muttered, glad he could at least do that for her. The look on her face told him just how much she had mourned after the jewellery.

“It does,” she agreed hoarsely, reaching up to take it, but her everlasting feelings for him overwhelmed her and she took a step forward, wrapping her arms around his middle and resting her forehead against his chest. “Thank you, Michael.”

His body stiffened at her hug, because he knew it would change everything in him. They hadn’t been this close since the day they had said goodbye in Roswell. He could feel his resistance melting with every beat of his heart, his arms itching to move around her, his hands longing for the feeling of her skin beneath them.

The rain was washing away everything and she hated it, wanting to smell his scent and feel the warmth of his skin against her. Instead all she felt was cold wetness over pretty impressive muscles… and no response on his side. The absence of any reaction made her realize what she was doing and she started to loosen her grip on him. Shit, she hadn’t only crossed the barrier she had built for herself to protect her from more hurt, no, she had also made a total fool of herself. “Sorry,” she mumbled, dropping her arms, “I was just glad you-“

“There you are!”

They both turned to see Max sliding to a stop next to them, looking down at them and lifting one eyebrow when the couple stood suspiciously close to one another. “Did I interrupt something?” He knew he should sound a lot more pissed as the so called boyfriend, maybe puff out his chest a little bit and try to look menacing. But he had never been great at pretending things. Plus being soaking ass wet from the rain didn't help his mood for acting.

Michael gripped the leaf so tight he was sure he’d break it off soon. Seconds – that was all what it would have taken to vanquish his last bit of hesitation to kiss his ex. His body, his mind, his soul, they all longed for her and now she thought he was doing nothing but brushing her off. It’s for the best, his conscience reminded him, she’s moved on.

“We were just waiting out the worst of the weather,” Maria said, hurrying away from the man who was able to send her feelings on a rollercoaster even after so many years. Gosh, he was giving her the necklace back and she took is as a sign of more. How stupid could someone be?

“You okay?” Max asked when she joined him on the beach. His best friend looked flushed, confused and mortified all at the same time.

“Yeah, fine. Let’s get back to the others.”

“Sure,” he hooked one arm around her as they started to walk off. “Did somethin’ happen between the two of you?”

“We just talked,” Maria lied and looked over her shoulder. Michael hadn’t moved an inch and stared back at her so intensely that she could almost feel the burning marks on her skin. What she saw in his eyes appeared to be the exact same things she felt.

Loneliness and a whole lot of hurt.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 33 - 5/23/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Maria really needs to be honest. Max is nothing more then a very good friend!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639