High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 34 - 8/3/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 30 - 1/26/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Liz really needs to kick this ass to the curb when she gets home! If he really cared about her he would be on the first plane to go look for her! All he cares about is himself!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Really great part!

And I understand now why Liz wanted to make the trip with her schools' friends; even them are thousand mals better than her boyfriend!
Career seems to be everything to him and definitely, more than his girlfriend! It's just a looser! :twisted:

Waiting impatiently for more! :wink:

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Dean is either really REALLY clueless or he is a complete asshole...I haven't decided which one yet. I don't know what Liz sees in him....honestly. I wish maria would come clean to Michael about Max....and I am curious to see how you are going to get Tess and Kyle to reconcile!
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

I actually feel sorry for Dean. He did not have a normal upbringing and possessiveness is the only thing he knows & gets. He does not know how to love & it is his big lost not to cherish Liz's presence. I wonder if he will ever change to make Max works for Liz's attention & love :D

I cannot wait to read the next instalment :mrgreen: So many possibilities with all these couples in a small isand. Hopefully they will be found soon :wink:

Please don't make us wait so long for the next one :mrgreen:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Dean is a piece of work.......and Liz needs to part from him the sooner the better.
It's good to see Michael still cares for Maria.......now let's get them TOGETHER!
This vacation has not turned into what everyone expected......me included.
Thanks,
Carolyn
Midnightdreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Midnightdreamer »

Just started and liking it. Really like Jesse as a villain and can't wait to see when Alex shows up. Not a fan of Dean but so far can't find too major stuff to hate him at the moment because aside from being a workaholic and a little bit of a snob he hasn't showed to be a bastard like Jesse so far. He thinks he can just make it up later and not interested in the present. I'm curious why Michael broke up with Maria and never told her why and never saw her again. I thought he might have a kid but I'm not sure and wonder what it was that tess broke her friendship with Maria because of the truth she promised to keep. I feel bad for Isabel and hope she gets a better lawyer. Can't wait to see tess reaction when we meet Kyle again. Dean also knew about the trip and could have given the case to someone else or told Liz earlier. He couldn't cancel that would have been disastrous but also Dean doesn't get things and in this instant Liz had every right to be angry. plus Dean needs to stop thinking about money and prestige as the most important things. plus that judge for Isabel and lawyer with Isabel were both idiots and hope she gets another one. I'm glad she still has some independence. I will never get why man or woman has an affair with a person who is taken that is just annoying.

Plus Dean didn't really want to go anyway and was looking for any excuse not to go...
You can't cancel at last minute even though Dean thought that would happen
Dean doesn't seem to compromise and more interested in appearance than working at a relationship.

Third time a charm to post more to original post...
Michael obviously lied to Maria about a lot of things including reasons for break up. I think something happened in Roswell that caused him to go to his dad in Seattle after graduation and to break up with Maria. It must be something bad because he couldn't face Maria again or tell the truth. I don't think it's jail, but a kid is possible. I think whatever the truth is he was manipulated and such because he feels lonely and helpless about what he's hiding. I think it might have to do with Maria's mom or his stepmother based on stuff read so far. it has to be bad if he can't tell Maria the truth and is hurt about her supposedly moving on and devastated by her words.

What's so bad he can't talk about it now and obviously hasn't dealt with it either. The plane was the perfect opportunity to tell the truth on both parts but now more hurt, drama and confusion will be added to the mix. any life has some semblance of truth in it. He has two jobs, doesn't sleep much or relax much and hasn't had a girlfriend since Maria. He is is going to school. Obviously he is still affected deeply by the truth and what happened and could be the reason why maybe his some of his money goes other places it seems. He visited his step mom at least once but doesn't seem to have a close relationship with her. He also should have told Maria the truth in the past and let her decide instead of taking the decision out of her hands and making all decisions for him.

I believe they were set up. They knew the group was coming and they knew Dean wasn't there because they had Parker and resort name instead of dean's last name. Plus the boat and people condition should have been obvious. Plus that was all to well organized, timed and well thought out to not be a set up from the start. Who set the group up and why?? An expensive resort will have English speaking employees because they want repeat business and there are an expensive resort. Group shouldn't have blindly gotten on to the boat. At least Alex and Isabel are safe and should know something is wrong. I think Dean or his company or both were behind the set up because that was too well timed, organized, planned and knew the reservation was under Parker to be a random coincidence thing. The captain of the resort boat is in on it and maybe others hmmm?

Max is probably in hell....He is clearly attracted to Liz and he has to pretend to be in a pretend relationship with Maria... hmm how long will it last??? Will he get closure from his past with that one girl so he can move forward with Liz when time is right?? I'm looking forward to learning more about max past and his parents...
I'm hoping to find something deeper to dislike about Dean but after last chapter I felt kind of sorry for him because he is trying to feel a void. I want Liz with max but I also feel a little bad for Dean after last chapter... Ugh..
He also doesn't feel for Liz as much if she didn't decrease the void feeling he felt or consider her family and important especially above work. He should've called the resort instead of waiting for her to call after two days even if he thought she was still mad. He should realize you can't buy everything especially out of the doghouse and learn to compromise. Funny he was worried but concerned how it would complicate his work. I'm a little suspicious of his boss because he had information awfully quick and team to look for them ready to go way too soon for it.

Michael is jealous and so is Maria and max stuck in the middle although he seems to forget his role around Liz. Michael mystery keeps piling up like the scar he now has that wasn't there before...
It was must have a story like the one on his forehead...
Loving how max is going for Liz despite fiance because he isn't there. I think Dean needs relationship lessons and feel bad he misses her but I think it's for the wrong reasons and it's his fault and doesn't think there's anything to do about it until she gets back.
Last edited by Midnightdreamer on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnightdreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Midnightdreamer »

I don't trust boat employees for resort or resort especially after conflicting stories were retold. Don't trust dean's company or people in it either. Things just don't add up and too many coincidences. Why call his boss first and not Dean since it's his fiancee and how did his rival know about Liz missing so quickly...?? How come Marty asked for the file like he expected Dean to leave and like he and the boss spoke before they spoke to Dean. Suspicious

please update

I'm sick of max and maria together even if they're friends pretending they are starting to act like a real couple and I don't like it.
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

I knew that Dean was someone that I wouldn't like and this new part only proved the point. I get that you don't want to go rescue your own fiance b/c you didn't have enough love from your parents, but come on! Your fiance is stranded on an island in the middle of nowhere and you're working!?
HIS-&-HERS
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 31

Post by HIS-&-HERS »

Eva: Dean definitely made the wrong decision. Question is: Will he realize it one of these days?

Yep, Michael is not as unobtrusive with his everlasting feelings for his ex as he would like to be. :)

Roswelllostcause: Lol, we will see if she takes her advice.

begonia9508: Some people never realize what they have until it’s too late. Dean’s one of them – no doubt.

sarammlover: You still have time to make up your mind about Dean. :)

Eventually truth comes out as it always does, do you have doubts? ;)

Kyle and Tess … well that’s going to be a challenge.

SmileeUk: Dean is not bad all the way; he just seems to make the wrong decisions, lol. If he is going to fight for Liz when it comes to Max against him… well we will see…

keepsmiling7: We’ll get the Candy couple together sooner or later. Their feelings for each other are undeniable… and so is the attraction between M&L.

Midnightdreamer: Welcome to the fic!

A lot has happened already but we are nowhere near the end. There is still much to solve and to reveal…

The reason why Michael left Maria… it seems like it has to be something bad, yep. But what? We will find out in time. :)

Dean is not the right man for Liz obviously, he’s not an all-bad-guy as well – just too wrapped up in his work.

Hm…, so you think there is a plot behind the whole kidnapping / robbery? Interesting. We will see if ya right.

Max and Maria work a lot better as friends than as lovers. They can’t keep up the show forever. And they won’t.

CandyliciousLovah: Lol, no love for Dean? Yeah, he tends to make the wrong decisions.

Chapter 31

Michael gave Valenti a nod of acknowledgment, thankful he hadn’t had to deal with his follow-up any longer than necessary. He walked off with his hands in his pockets, enjoying the slightly warm breeze combined with the sun’s rays. His pants started to dry again, which was good, because nothing was worse than wet jeans... well, maybe wet underwear.

He took his time circling the island, finding several bottles along the otherwise lonely beach. Yeah, he thought and snorted when he picked up another one, no matter how lonely and secluded places were, you’d always find plastic trash. Sad world. At least it would provide them enough vessels to collect rain water.

A red and blue colored item further up the beach and halfway hidden under the sand caught his attention. He walked over and used one bare food to free it, smirking when it was just what he had hoped for. Okay, some parts were ripped, but maybe they could fix it temporarily and it would help them to drag some fish outta the water.

“I know you’re kind of environment-friendly, but what’re you doin’, garbage man?”

He hadn’t even realized how close he had come back to his original start until his sister showed up next to him with an amused look on her face. “I know it’s beyond your imagination with you being all Miss Up on new technology, but simple things can be very helpful now and then.”

“Like an’ old rotten fishing net?” She teased.

“Yeah, or like not tricking people into trips,” he snapped. Now after the first shock of being mugged and deserted was over, his anger towards his sister was back. He would go crazy at home if he hadn’t been on the flight and had to wonder where she was, but it didn’t help the disappointment he felt for being punked.

Tess’ expression sobered. “Look Michael, I told you I was sorry.” What else could she say that she hadn’t already said earlier?

“Doesn’t mean I have to accept your apology,” he informed and walked past her. Maybe she had done it to help him, but he really couldn’t see how any of this was being helpful.

“I’m glad to see you didn’t lose your talent for makin’ friends, Harding.” Kyle remarked when he had watched the little scene after his own return. “Really,” he went on, enjoying her pissed off look, “I’m impressed by your social skills – all warm an’ stuff. You sure as hell know how to make people feel special.”

“Why don’t you just shut the fuck up, Valenti?” She stalked towards him and shoved him as hard as she could, annoyed when he hardly wavered but took a few steps back on his own.

“You ask me that?” He lifted one eyebrow. “I’m not the one who forces others into awkward situations.”

“You make it sound like that’s all I do.”

“Well, it’s all I’ve been seeing, Harding.”

“Bullshit!”

“Oh no?” His face turned smug. “So you didn’t use every opportunity in high school to make fun of the people who didn’t fit in your grade of proper appearance? An’ you didn’t insult overweight people? Or those who attended the not-so-cool interest groups? Ya know, I thought you’d at least be more considerate with the people in your family and friend zone, but nope.”

“Kyle!” Liz yelled, looking at him with her hands on her hips.

“You…,” Tess pointed her finger at him, ready to attack, but strong arms around her middle kept her from moving

“Off, tiger,” Michael muttered in her ear and set her aside, giving her a nudge in the other direction. He was glad when she – for once – followed his instructions and he turned back to the man in front of him. “Fuck off, Valenti!”

Kyle looked at him, startled. Was he really just defending her?

“You don’t talk to her like that, capisce?” Yes, he was mad at her and he wanted to rip her head off, but he would also never forget what she had done for him years ago. “My sister’s a good person. You don’t even know her.”

“Relax, Guerin,” the other man lifted his hands as a peace offering. They didn’t need a fight at the moment.

“I am relaxed.” Michael stated and walked off again.

“What the hell?” Kyle muttered, still not sure what had just happened. Yeah, okay, maybe he had been a little harsh to the annoying short blonde girl, but it wasn’t like she was an angel. How often had she made fun of him or others of his friends in high school?”

“He’s right, ya know?” Liz bumped his shoulder with hers. “Tess is not as bad as you think she is. She tends to get out of control now and then and she’s… spirited, but that doesn’t make her a bad person.”

“She’s not a saint either.”

“No,” Liz chuckled, “neither are you. Or me.”

"Parker, you always came close to being a saint on my scale," Kyle smiled at her. "But don't think I haven't notified the way you’re lookin’ at the dude Maria’s with. Tsk tsk, Ms. Parker."

“What’re you..., I haven't been..., there's been no..., what did you see, Mr. Nosey Butt?!" She did her best not to blush and clamp down the mouth diarrhea.

Kyle turned towards her amused. “If you weren’t engaged and if your best friend wasn’t with Max, I’d say you’re interested in him.”

“You’re nuts!” She pushed past him, further down to the shore to hide the blush. No! She wasn’t interested in that guy! Not by any definition. Was he attractive? Well, yes! He pretty much embodied everything she preferred of male appearance. Dark hair, intense eyes, tall, lean, muscled body… but it didn’t mean anything. There were attractive people and not so attractive people, end of story.

“Really?” He followed her and stopped right behind her. “Bet Guerin would be happy if ya pinched that boyfriend from his ex.”

Liz narrowed her eyes at him and began poking her finger into his chest. "You know I'm already regretting my decision to bring you.”

He laughed and hooked one arm around her shoulders. “Nah, you’re not.”

Isabel shifted in the seat while she waited for Alex in the open lobby. He had been talking to the man at the reception desk for quite a few minutes now to see if there was any news and her fingers hurt from crossing them. Gosh, they had to find them and quickly. It was just so unfair for them to be here in all this luxury while her friends were out there missing or possibly... NO!! Isabel's mind shouted out to her. She would not think that way! Her friends were just missing and waiting to be found. But even if that was all it was, how could she enjoy their stay? She was in constant worry about them – friends she hadn’t seen for years but still felt connected to.

“You ready to leave?”

Her gaze snapped upwards and she was surprised to see Alex and his offered hand right in front of her. “What’d they say?” she asked and placed her hand in his, letting him pull her to her feet.

“Not much after all. They have contacted several different resorts spread over the Maldives but none of them saw anything unusual. They’re all keeping their eyes open and since there’s only one airport in this country, there are tons of boats and little water planes around, which take their guests forth and back. Chances are good that they’ll be found sooner or later. They also informed the local police, who are mobilizing some boats for the search as well. The people who did this are still out there too and they still have the resort’s boat. You can’t just hide it here and it’s too small to go anywhere other than the Maldives. Oh, and they informed the office where Liz’ fiancé is working. They’re sending a team from the US as well to look for them.” All the facts they had listed sounded positive, but he knew that looking for a small group of people in a wide area like this would take time.

“I really hope they were just mugged, Alex. What if-“

“Hey,” he stopped and used their still joined hands to spin her around in front of him. If the situation wasn’t so serious, this could have been a nice, romantic moment considering their set up. The weather was extremely nice this morning, the ocean next to them glistened in every imaginable breathtaking blue and turquoise color and the beach was unoccupied. “Don’t let your thoughts go there. They’re fine!”

Isabel was aware that he didn’t know any better than she did, but yet his convinced tone helped her to settle her nerves. “You’re right! They are. Kyle and Tess are probably ripping their heads off while Liz tries to fix it and Maria and Michael have this awkward new boyfriend in the middle thing going on.”

He chuckled deeply, hands resting on her hips. “You know, part of me is glad I'm missing all of that!”

"Yeah," Isabel chuckled, “I’m glad you’re here with me. I’d go crazy all alone.”

“No place I’d rather be at the moment.” It was the truth. Not even 48 hours ago he had sat at the airport in LA, mourning about his already lost relationship with a woman, who had never really known what she wanted in life and now he was here with a totally different, beautiful woman, who had managed to turn his look at life upside down in no time.

“Alex…,” his words sounded sincere and before she even knew it, she leaned in and pressed her lips against his briefly.

He froze in place, startled by the sudden turn of events. Not in a million years he had thought she would kiss him… and not so soon.

When he didn’t return the kiss, she suddenly realized what she was doing and backed off quickly, putting several steps between them. “Gosh, I’m sorry.” Isabel turned her face away from him embarrassed. “I didn’t mean to do that.” What the hell had she been thinking? This was wrong for so many reasons. He had just ended a relationship, they didn’t know each other at all and she had a kid! But it was so long since the last time a man had kissed her and she missed the feeling.

Alex was just as shocked by her sudden backtracking as he had been about the kiss as well, but it dawned on him what his reaction had caused in her. “Isabel,” he reached for her hand and brought her closer to his body again.

She let him guide her, but she kept her gaze focused on the ground. “I’m just so confused. It’s been too much lately, I’m very sorry.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about,” he told her gently and used one hand to tip her chin up until their eyes locked. A small smile formed on his mouth when he saw the heat in her cheeks. “I was just surprised.” His gaze dropped to her lips. “Hell, I never thought a woman like you would be interested in kissing me.”

She didn’t understand it completely either. A few years ago she would’ve never wasted a look on a man like him. She had always been drawn to those who radiated confidence and walked around with that special swagger. Things had changed though. A horrible marriage as well as being a mother had changed her look at the world and her life completely. She craved a place that she could call a warm and loving home, she wanted her child to experience all the love and joy she deserved, she wanted a man who cared about her feelings AND knew what he wanted in life.

“You’re beautiful, Isabel Evans.”

His words made her smile, but it faded soon. “My last name is Ramirez. Evans was my maiden name. I’m planning to get it back.”

Alex smirked and leaned in closer. “I don’t care about your last name.” His lips settled over hers and sucked gently before he released them again without backing off more than an inch. “An’ yeah, our pace is kinda crazy considering the circumstances, but no one but us has the right to judge that.”

His words said exactly what she was feeling and took away the last bit of her hesitation. She closed the space between them again and this time, neither of them was interested in stopping anytime soon.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 31 - 3/7/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Yeah Liz has it bad for Max! Maria should just tell her bff that she and Max are just really good friends!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639