Prisoners of the Past (CC, A/U, Adult) Part 64 - 2/21/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Prisoners of the Past (CC, A/U, Adult) Part 63 - 7/12/15

Post by Eva »

Beautiful! Step by step we see how Max is adjusting to his new situation with friends and family. After all the crap he had, it's nice to see him exploring the world and his possibilities. He's a rich man right now, and I'm not talking about his money.

It's great to read about every little character you brought in, Angel. You made this story not only for Max but you included everybody. A thing that's very rare in fanfiction but I love it enormously.
Last edited by Eva on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take a look at Eva's world
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

I was wondering when I would find another part of the most fantastic story... And here it was! :lol:

Loved how everything is getting better, in this story, because I remember having - in the past - difficulties to read some parts because it was too hard, for me to read! :? I may be a grown-up woman now but in some way, still a little girl...

So I am waiting for the Christmas time for all the great personages in this wonderful story!

Thanks EVE :wink: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part! That dog is something else! Everything seems to be falling into place for everyone.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

I had to reread your whole story because I wasn't sure how much I had read and I couldn't remember all the detail of what I had read. It took me three day and it was definitely worth it. I'm so glad Max and Iz got together. I'm glad that everyone is finding their happiness and becoming one combined big family.
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

Thanks for another amazing part!!!
I have a few dreamer challenges in mind if you are looking for ideas so pm me!
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

Wow! I loved that big long part. Excellent stuff. I love all the positivity in it. It's so great to see Max and Iz getting a long so well. And to see Alex deciding to do music again like he use to and even gets to include Jenny. It's great to see how much fuller their lives have gotten since she has been in it.

I loved that scene with Max and Dottie's son. I am glad he was able to get him to see the light. She is a lovely woman. It makes me love Shakes even more if that's at all possible having him include Dottie in all the money he handed out.

I love that Liz's mind on rehabilitation has expanded having known Max and how more passionate she is to help the younger generation. Max and her would make fantastic parents.

I love that Max has two nieces. It's so great to see him interact with Ava and the baby. And all the scenes with Diablo melted my heart gosh I love that dog. I love how you can put so much in a few words to bring out such personality in every living creature in your stories.

Excellent stuff. I sure hope there is much more to come because that was absolutely scrumptious
BQ1
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BQ1 »

Wow it's been so long since I read this. So much has happened and I love that I can read this story a dozen times and it would still captivate my attention.
xilaj
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by xilaj »

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to leaving feedback. I'm going to try my best to keep up again now! I've just sat and reread most of this story and loved it all over again.
Now I'm all caught up, I really appreciate that you're giving us a chance to see what comes after Damon Knight's death. It's so interesting to see all the players come together and realise how they all fit into the story and very satisfying to see all the people we care about being given their reward for helping Max.

I'd really like to see where everyone is in a few years' time, but especially Shakes as I think he has the furthest yet to go before he finds his way. Maybe he'll stay a prisoner of his past for longer than Max or Ava or Liz - or Courtney? I think wherever you end this story I'll still want to know more about what happens next. There are so many interesting characters with stories that I'd like to know more about - Serena and her brothers? Definitely Courtney and DJ!

I've loved so many things about the last few parts:
- Max and Liz growing even closer. After Liz's speech at the conference, I wondered if the house full of children Max mentioned includes foster kids as well as maybe their own? I'm sure they have a plan for some action in the future that will make a difference.
- seeing Max and Ava together. After everything Max went through to try and find her, it's good to see them spending time together and see how important their friendship is to them. Ava and Liz ganging up on Max to scold him about walking in the rain without a coat made me smile.
- all of the Diablo moments of course! Babysitting Cadence, getting to sleep on the bed, Max picking up his birthday cake (and if there's ever a dog who deserves a birthday cake, it's Diablo!) and generally enjoying life with his humans. What a great hound he is.
- the moments when the group are all together, becoming friends and family.
- the meeting with Isabel and the sense that she and Max will build a good relationship. That file from Isabel - I'm looking forward to Max finding out that Knight didn't pay Sands to look after him in prison, but that Philip Evans did. That will be a shadow lifted, I would think - at least, I hope that's what he's going to find out!
I'm looking forward so much to the next part, and hoping of course, that you're able to come back to this story soon! Thank you for this great story, Alix
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Looking forward to more......
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Me too! Bump 8)