TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - COMPLETE - 7/12/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Re: TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - Part 191 - 6/28/15

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

Love how Michael teased his dad about the camera being "older than dirt". I just love the family moments in this story so far and will continue to love them as long as they're around.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I would have given Aaron any of the chips he wanted......poor little guy.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

I'm so happy at the progress that is being made with these relationships. Alex and Isabel took a big one! There's nothing quite like that first "I love you"...

I just pray that Cody's progress happens and soon!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

To have your family around and to be happy with each other's company, is priceless! We knew it already from the beginning but Guerin family is top!

Alex & Isabel were sweet together.
Take a look at Eva's world
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Love the fun banter between the couples and the siblings. SO great. And its so good to see people in a good and happy place. We just need to get Maria and Cody there now!!
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 192

Post by Double Trouble »

begonia9508: Thanks!

Yes, something about fathers and their relics… they’ve all gone one somewhere.

Natalie36: Thanks for reading!

Roswelllostcause: Thanks! Yep, that’s what this group needs to really tip the scales.

CandyliciousLovah: Lol, yeah, there’s no way he could resist teasing Adam. Sadly, TT is coming to an end, but we will have a bit more time with the families.

keepsmiling7: Lol, we’re pretty sure he’s gonna survive. But, yeah, we’d have a hard time telling him no too.

Earth2Mama: Yep, that first one’s memorable. They’ve all come so far and they’re finally all settling down.

Cody’s the only holdout at this point but there’s still time.

Eva: Yes, it is. There’s nothing of more value in the world. This rowdy group has come together and formed a rather large extended family.

The two of them have really come a long way since the beginning.

sarammlover: Yep, they’ve all fought long and hard to get to these happy moments. And we’re almost there for all of them.

Part 192

Guardian Angel

“Does he know we’ve been standin’ here for like five minutes?” Tony whispered.

“Yeah, and if he hears you we’ll be standin’ here for another five,” Isabel said as she shot a quick look at him.

“Adam, honey, I think it’s about time to feed the kids,” Nicole said, trying not to laugh at the hopeful look on their faces.

“She’s right, Dad,” Michael complained, smirking down at Maria when she chuckled. “I think I heard Evans’ stomach rumble.”

Liz bit her lip in amusement and tipped her head up to look at her boyfriend, her eyes laughing. “I heard it too,” she mouthed.

“Seriously,” Michael went on, “if we don’t hurry up the neighbors are gonna call 911 because they think someone’s probably dyin’ over here.”

“Shut up,” Max used his free hand to give the other guy a little shove. It wasn’t hard, but considering their cramped state it was enough to send the whole group out of balance. Suddenly shoulders crashed into shoulders and feet stepped on other feet.

“Ah, hell,” Adam muttered when he pushed the trigger right at the moment the group fell into a big chaotic mess of arms and legs. “We’ll have to do it again.”

“No,” they all shouted and started to wander around the deck, unwilling to start all over again.

“Give’ em a break,” Nicole stood next to her man and took the camera from him. “By the way, I think this pic will be a lot better than expected.”

“The youth of today has no respect for old technology,” Adam sulked, but the grin gave away his own amusement.

“We do have respect,” his son gave him a pat on the back, “but it doesn’t mean we have to like it and seriously, Dad, you need to get over it. I mean, you don’t work with an abacus either, do you? Just go with the flow.” He made a flowing move with his hand and joined the others around the table.

“Go with the flow,” Nicole repeated, laughing as she mimicked Michael’s move.

Aaron tugged on Adam’s cutoffs and tipped his head back to look up at the man. “Do you gots any old people music?”

One graying eyebrow lifted. “Excuse me?”

Liz started coughing when she nearly choked on the swallow of beer she’d just taken. “Oh, my gosh,” she rasped as Max helpfully pounded on her back. She waved him off. “I’m good.”

“He’s talkin’ about stuff from the 50s and 60s,” Max spoke up when he was sure his girlfriend was safe from choking. “My parents forgot to change the radio station forty years ago and since that’s really all they listen to as far as music’s concerned his recent exposure seems to have given him an appreciation for the genre.”

Adam suddenly laughed as understanding dawned and he nodded as he turned the little boy towards the back door. “You’re in luck, young man. I have a great appreciation for ALL things old,” he said, making it a point to make eye contact with all of them. “Let’s go grab some music to go with dinner.”

Aaron ran over and grabbed Chase’s hand, pulling him with him. “C’mon, Chase, we can go pick the good music.”

The other little boy happily ran along with him. “Otay!”

“Oldies?” Kyle hissed as he shot a look at the Guerin siblings as if it was somehow their fault.

“Oh, c’mon,” Maria said and laughed, “the oldies are fun to sing along with.”

“Parker, do somethin’ about this before they actually bombard us with music that’s more than twice as old as any of us!”

“Hey, don’t look at me,” she defended herself, “if it’s anyone’s fault you can blame Max.”

“Hey! How’d this get turned around on me?” he asked, pausing in the middle of filling his plate.

“It was your parents who blessed him with this sudden fascination for that genre.”

Kyle cringed when the music suddenly changed from something with a hard, pounding beat to the stuff his grandparents had listened to. “Tess,” he grumbled, “do somethin’ about your dad.”

Tony snickered. “Get a good look at your future, Valenti.”

Ava smacked his thigh under the table. “You might wanna file that away for yourself because Dad has a karaoke machine with nothin’ but oldies on it and it won’t take much encouragement for him to bring it out.”

“Uh-uh,” Max groaned.

Isabel lifted an eyebrow with a smirk. “Your parents too?”

He nodded and Alex laughed at his chagrined expression. “C’mon, you guys, the music might’ve gone outta style decades ago, but this could be fun.”

“You can say that ‘cause you’ve never had to endure this torture,” Michael grumbled good-naturedly as he reached for the potato salad. He knew Alex was probably enjoying the hell out of this situation and most of their complaining was for show anyway. They’d all get into it and play along and would it really be a beach weekend with his family if they didn’t get goofy and sing dumb old songs? “Hey, Mom, this’s yours, right? It’s not that store bought crap?”

Nicole snorted and shook her head as she stepped back out onto the deck after making sure Adam didn’t touch the karaoke machine. He could save that until after dinner. “If it was store bought you wouldn’t touch it.”

Maria snorted at the comment. She wasn’t sure he would neglect store brought potato salad if he was really hungry, but he definitely had a preference for Nicole’s.

He shrugged. “Not my fault if you make it better than the store,” he said as he scooped up a big helping. He set the bowl back on the table and licked the side of his thumb when a bit of the food ended up there. “What?” he mumbled around his thumb when his girlfriend just looked at him.

“You make it look like you haven’t been fed in days.”

“This is genuine home cooked food, Maria.”

“Every man transforms into a pig during a homemade dinner,” Liz leaned in and muttered with a wink at the blonde.

“Who makes better food than Mom?” Max asked when he overheard the comment.

“My mom couldn’t cook if she tried,” Kyle said around a mouthful of steak.

“Hell, she wouldn’t make anything but that cardboard health food crap anyway,” Michael muttered. He’d gotten his hands on the cookies she’d dropped off for Kyle a while back and he’d regretted that right away. Even Loco wouldn’t eat them.

Tess made a face. She didn’t agree often with her brother, but here she definitely did.

“Well, she’s tried, but even Leo wouldn’t eat it.” He rolled his eyes. “Stuff like that just isn’t part of her skill set.”

“Not everyone is good at cooking,” Nicole took her seat next to Adam when he and the kids joined them again.

“Granma cooks real good,” Aaron said when Max picked him up and sat him between him and Liz. “An’ so does Lizzie an’ Max. But Granpa makes the best grilled cheese ‘cause he cuts the crusts off the bread.” He rubbed his hands together when Liz put a plate in front of him and he frowned at the funny looking pasta on one side. “Wha’s that?” he asked and poked it with his finger.

“Hey, use your fork,” his sister warned and put it in his hand. “It’s pasta.”

Chase leaned over the table and shook his head. “It’s yucky,” he warned in a stage whisper.

“Look at your own plate, buddy,” Ava reached over and forced her son to sit back in his seat.

Aaron was even more skeptical about the strange looking food on his plate now. He poked at it with his fork for another minute before Max reached over and turned his plate so he could focus on the hot dog. “Here, eat the dog first and then we’ll see about tryin’ that pasta.”

Adam chuckled to himself. He remembered times when the twins had barely been old enough to sit upright while their siblings were still young but old enough to sit around the table. Every meal had been its own challenge.

Max leaned around Aaron to catch Liz’ attention. “Are you sure about this?” he mouthed with a pointed look at the pasta salad. The stuff was gross, didn’t matter who made it, but she’d informed him it wouldn’t hurt for the little boy to try it... and then she’d dropped the bomb on him: He could get Aaron through eating it and the best way to do that was to eat it with him.

“Dead sure,” she mouthed back with a pointed look at the salad.

“Welcome to parenthood,” Adam said with a chuckle.

“Sounds like somethin’ my dad would say.” Max shook his head and shot a look at his girlfriend. Couldn’t she have just picked out something easier to stomach than that crap?

“You won’t die from it, it’s actually pretty good,” she hissed when Aaron was occupied.

“Easy for you to say.”

Tony laughed at his put out look. “Get used to it, Evans.” He nodded at Ava. “This one had me tryin’ some pineapple thing the other day to show Chase how great it was.” He shook his head to let him know it hadn’t been good at all.

“If the kids spent a week with just the guys we’d never get them to eat anything healthy again,” Ava rolled her eyes and then helped Chase to cut his dinner.

“That’s not true,” her brother protested. “We eat the main food groups.”

“That’s easy an’ a burger with fries doesn’t count as healthy food just because there’s a slice of tomato on it.” Isabel fixed herself a plate that contained a lot more salad than meat, well aware of her brother’s disgusted expression. “We’ll talk in about twenty years when you’re rollin’ around with a cholesterol level as high as the Grand Canyon.”

Alex just chuckled at their interaction. He missed that part of a sibling relationship. He had more meat on his plate than she did but there was also a sizeable salad on one side. “She’s right,” he agreed and then glanced at her as he prepared to take a bite of his burger, “but there really isn’t anything better than a burger with the works.”

“I’ve never heard you guys talk so much while you eat,” Maria shook her head.

“Maybe that’s just ‘cause you’re not contributing much to the conversation since you’re scarfin’ down that steak like you haven’t eaten in a week,” her boyfriend teased.

“Yeah, Deluca, what’s up with that?” Kyle looked up with a mocking face. “He already knocked you up?”

“Yes,” she said and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Kyle!” Tess shook her head at him.

“Wha’s knocked up?” Aaron asked curiously.

“That’s um...” Max scratched the side of his neck and he shot a glare at Kyle after Liz just smiled at him and motioned for him to handle it. “Y’know what? It’s nothin’ important, just a grownup joke.”

“I like jokes, Max.”

“Yeah, me too, Evans,” Michael added, getting a kick out of watching the other guy squirm. “Maybe you should share it with the rest of the class.”

“It’s not very funny, Aaron.”

“Hey, I’ve got a joke for you,” Adam spoke up and silenced his kids with a look when they all groaned. “What’s a hamburger sleep on?”

Aaron and Chase both looked at him with big eyes. “What is it, Grampa?”

He flipped his burger over and presented the top half of the bun where a lettuce leaf was lying. “On a bed of lettuce!”

The boys just looked at him, expecting more.

Michael snorted. “Knee-slapper, Dad.”

“Yeah, well, you thought it was hilarious when you were six.”

“No, I didn’t,” he made a face.

“You are such a liar!” Isabel accused. “You followed me and Matt everywhere with that stupid book of hamburger jokes you got at school.”

“Oh my gosh, I remember it.” Maria giggled. “I found it once in your room when you were a little older and you were so embarrassed.”

Isabel rolled her eyes. “I’ll bet he still has that wretched thing.”

“Yeah, and I’m gonna give it to your kid,” he glared at this oldest sister.

Chase’s eyes widened as he looked at his aunt. “Are you gonna have babies?”

She groaned quietly. “Not yet, Chase.”

“But one day?” he persisted.

“Maybe if you eat what’s on your plate,” his mom said and brought the plate towards him.

He looked up at Mommy and then at the man sitting beside her. “Are you an’ Tony gonna make babies, Mommy?”

“Why? You want a little sister?” Tony asked instead of trying to avoid the topic. He had always wanted a bunch of kids and he sure as hell still followed that plan.

He scrunched up his nose. “Not a girl!” he denied. “But you an’ Mommy can make a boy an’ tha’s okay.”

“Well, buddy, you can’t decide before what ya want,” Michael chuckled.

He frowned at that. “That’s dumb. What if they make a girl, Uncle Mike?” He looked at his uncle as if he had the answer. “Girls are dumb.”

“Don’t be rude,” Ava warned. “Girls aren’t dumb.”

“Well, not the girls here, but you’re all old.” He looked around when everyone burst out laughing, not sure what was so funny.

“Well, thanks, Chase, that really helps,” Maria chuckled and her heart almost stopped when the cell next to her on the table started to buzz. The caller ID showing it was her mom glared back at her and she looked at Michael fearfully before grabbing it and getting up from her seat.

He started to get up but she shook her head and motioned for him to stay where he was. He didn’t like it but he stayed there, his eyes never leaving her as he watched her move to a secluded part of the yard under one of the huge shade trees.

“She’ll tell you what’s going on when she’s ready,” Adam said when he felt the tension in his boy. Hell, the tension had quickly spread through all of them.

“Yeah, I know.” He knew it could be the call they’d feared was coming at any time. Cody was quickly reaching the point where an available donor heart wouldn’t even make a difference.

Maria kept walking quickly with the cell clutched into her hand. When she felt she was far enough away from everyone, she lifted it up to her view and swiped her shaking thumb over the screen to answer the call. “Mom?” she said unsteadily.

“Maria, I’m so glad you answered,” Amy said, her voice tinged with relief.

“What’s wrong, Mom?” Her heart was beating so quickly that it almost choked her, or at least it felt that way.

“Cody wanted me to call so he could talk to you. He said he didn’t get a chance to tell you happy birthday before you left.”

“Oh,” a little relief came into the mix. “So this isn’t an emergency call.”

“Not an emergency, no. Hold on a sec, okay?” Amy’s hand was trembling as she pressed the phone into her little boy’s hand and helped him hold it close to his ear. He was too weak to hold the phone by himself and she couldn’t stop the tears as she smiled at him encouragingly. “Here’s Maria, Cody.”

He nodded, the motion barely detectable. “M’ria?” he whispered.

“Yeah?” She leaned against the tree with her eyes closed.

“‘member your birfday wish, M’ria?” She had come by before she and Michael left for the weekend and they’d shared a little fruit with him and he’d told her she had to make a wish. Michael had gone to scrounge up a candle, insisting that birthday wishes couldn’t come true if there wasn’t a candle to blow out and carry the wish away. She had gone along with it and she’d never said what it was, but they all knew.

“Yeah, I do,” she whispered.

“It came true,” he rasped tiredly.

“What?” She frowned, not sure what he meant.

“Thanks, M’ria.” He sighed and his eyes drifted closed, the brief conversation wearing him out.

Amy lifted the phone to her ear. “Maria, honey, we just got the news. Cody’s getting his heart today. He’s going into surgery in about an hour.” She wanted to shout to the heavens and let the world know that her little boy was going to live. “We’re getting our miracle,” she said, her voice filled with tears of joy and relief.

The other end stayed silent. Had she heard right? Fear that this was all a misunderstanding kept her from asking, instead a sob ripped from her throat and she felt her knees go weak.

Michael watched as she started to pace and he felt the tension getting worse when she suddenly froze in place and blindly reached out to brace her palm on the tree trunk for support. When she collapsed to the ground he shot to his feet, blindly reaching for his chair as it tipped over. He felt Max shove him as he told him to go, he had the chair.

He was off the deck and running across the yard, terrified of what was waiting for him. He dropped to his knees beside her, gathering her up in his arms and reaching for the phone when he heard her mom’s concerned voice calling for her. He pried the phone from her hand, lifting it to his ear as he rubbed her back and tried to reassure her.

“Amy? What happened?”

“Michael...” she was surprised and relieved to hear his voice. Her tears made it hard to speak so she cleared her throat a few times. “Cody’s getting his heart.” The words still sounded unreal.

His eyes widened at the news. After all the times he’d reassured Maria, he’d been so scared that this call was the one they’d dreaded rather than the one they’d hoped for. He talked to Amy for a few minutes before promising they’d be there for Cody’s surgery and disconnecting. “Told you the candle in that hunk of watermelon was the way to go,” he whispered gruffly against Maria’s ear as he gently rocked her in his arms.

She was still unable to say anything. Her crying just seemed to be unstoppable now but for the first time it felt freeing and not suffocating. Small hands fisted his shirt and held onto him tightly until the news finally sank in enough to even out her breathing.

He lifted her phone up and thumbed in a quick text, sending it to the last person she had texted. He glanced over his shoulder when he heard his sister’s ringtone and when Tess read the message and turned to look at him he gave her a thumbs-up. He smiled when the table erupted in victorious shouts but he motioned for them to stay back, knowing she’d want privacy until she had herself under control.

“It’s really happenin’, Maria,” he murmured against her hair. “Before the day’s over the little man’s gonna have a strong heart beatin’ in his chest.”

Her sobs finally stopped at the same time as her hands relaxed against him. There was a strong beat under his chest as well and it gave her enough strength to straighten again. “I’m still worried that this’s a dream and I’ll wake up any minute.”

He pinched her arm and grinned when she jerked it away from him to slap his thigh. “Not a dream.”

“Not a dream,” she repeated, staring into his eyes.

He shook his head. “Nope.”

“Weird,” she frowned but then a smile broke loose and she hugged him tightly, making them both fall over on the grass.

He framed her face in his hands and kissed her. “Next time we come out here he’s gonna be runnin’ around with those two little troublemakers over there.”

“Yeah,” her eyes watered all over again at the thought.

He grunted when a little body collided with his back and within seconds a second one crashed into him.

“Is it true, Uncle Mike?” Chase asked excitedly.

“Is Cody really getting a new heart?” Aaron added.

Maria grabbed him and hugged him to her. “Yeah, it’s true.”

“Yep, he’s getting his heart today,” Michael said as he hooked an arm around Aaron’s waist.

“Yay!” the boys shouted.

“I should go to the hospital and be there for Mom.”

“We’ll get ready to leave,” he agreed and helped her up.

Maria used her hands to get rid of a few blades of grass when she stood. She glanced around the backyard, smiling when she saw everyone slowly approaching them. It had been a long painful journey for all of them this summer, but it seemed like there was someone watching over them.

Her boyfriend’s arms slipped around her and she leaned into him, tipping her head up to gaze into his eyes.

She was such a lucky girl.
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - Part 192 - 7/5/15

Post by begonia9508 »

You know, instead of critisizing the cooking, tne men could try to do the same, sometimes... :twisted: :lol:

Oh! Such a funny and happy news, for them! So happy that the little boy will get a chance at life!

Looking for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

wonderful part. i'm crying happy tears
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

:cry: That's all I can think to say right now... can't think past the tears of joy!!!
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part! Such great news!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639