TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - COMPLETE - 7/12/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Re: TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - Part 192 - 7/5/15

Post by Eva »

I'm such an emotional basket case! That can only mean one thing: you girls did a wonderfull job with this chapter! It grabbed me completely!
Take a look at Eva's world
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I love, love this part.
Aaron requesting "old people's music".........priceless.
And the grilled cheese sandwiches with the crust cut off........the staff of life for little boys!
Pasta......loved Aaron's reaction to that.
Such a happy part,
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max, Liz and friends. I love how everyone acts like a big huge family when they are all together. That is such great news about Cody getting a heart.

L-J-L 76
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

OMG....I was sobbing like a baby! This was such a great update. The food, the laughter, the tears, the closeness of this group and the new heart. What a fantastic way to start july! Great update!!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Great update

We used to all get together to eat at my grandparents house like that. But when they died it kind of went away.

I know Maria's not thinking right now of this but it's said one kid has to die so another can live. Tony's right....every kid needs their own dog!
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Epilogue

Post by Double Trouble »

begonia9508: They could, but well, they’re guys and the girls know they weren’t really criticizing.

Yep, Cody’s finally got his miracle!

Natalie36: Thanks, we’re glad you enjoyed it!

Earth2Mama: Thanks for the compliment!

Roswelllostcause: Thanks for reading!

Eva: We appreciate the compliment!

keepsmiling7: Thanks!

Lol, he definitely made Adam pause for a moment with that request.

Little guys don’t need much to make them happy, do they?

L-J-L 76: Thanks! Well, we’ll see what’s in store with Max, Liz and the others today.

sarammlover: Thanks for that compliment! It’s been a long time coming, but Cody’s finally getting his miracle!

Rodney: Thanks!

Get-togethers like that are the best and it’s sad when they end up going away.

No, the only thing Maria can think of right now is that her brother is going to live. She is aware of the fact that for Cody to get his heart it means someone else will die, and while she isn’t happy about that part of it, she’ll have to balance that guilt with her elation.

Yep, kids and dogs just go together!

Wow, can you believe it? The fic is over - after such a long time since we took your challenge! :shock:

Epilogue

The honor of your presence is requested at the marriage of
Elizabeth Parker,
sister of Aaron Parker
to
Max Evans,
son of Mr. and Mrs. Philip Evans
Friday the twenty-fifth of August
at six o’clock in the evening
The Sunrise Oceanfront Pavilion
New York, NY
Reception to follow
August 25th had dawned crystal clear and promised a day of perfect weather and it had delivered. The day had been filled with a flurry of activity; last-minute details, a few unavoidable near-disasters, and of course wedding day jitters on both sides. But by half past five everything seemed to be settling down and the chairs set up on the beach were slowly filling up. The chaos of the day was being overseen and managed by Diane with help from Nicole, leaving Liz to sort out her nerves with her maid of honor and bridesmaids.

Max was pacing restlessly, working on his own case of nerves. There was no question in his mind that this was what he wanted. He just wanted to get on with it. It was all the fanfare associated with it that was keeping his nerves on edge. His best man and groomsmen were doing their best to keep him calm but really they were having a hard time keeping their eyes off of their own girls as they appeared every once in a while, checking everything out to reassure the bride that all was going as scheduled before disappearing again.

The groomsmen hurried to take their places when Diane alerted Philip and told him to send them back. Best man Tony reached out to rest his hands on Evans’ shoulders, giving them a rough squeeze as he shook him and reminded him to breathe before disappearing to walk down the aisle with the maid of honor. Max turned to face the tree-lined path as the music started to play and after a few moments Cody and Chase appeared, tossing out handfuls of confetti. Since their group had little boys rather than little girls and they’d wanted to be involved because Aaron was part of the ceremony they’d had to figure something out.

Six-year-old Cody was the very picture of health as he grinned and tossed out another handful of the confetti and high-fived Chase. His recovery after the heart transplant had been nothing short of miraculous and the change in him was like night and day. The dark cloud that had hung over he and his family had lifted completely the day his doctors had released him to go home. It had taken nearly six weeks before that day had come and while the visits to the hospital for follow-up appointments had been frequent at first they were finally graduating to months between visits rather than days or weeks.

Isabel and Alex entered first, the recently engaged couple smiling as they made their way up the aisle towards the anxious-looking groom. Alex had proposed a week before they had learned they were expecting and they couldn’t be happier. They were planning an autumn wedding and it wouldn’t be long before they were taking their own vows. It had been a year since they had gotten together and while they’d had their rough patches they hadn’t let anything or anyone come between them and their relationship was stronger than ever.

Kyle and Tess were next and even though he had a smile firmly affixed on his face he could feel the sweat trickling down his back as they walked down the aisle. He was sure that was a normal reaction for any unmarried guy in his position. They were solid and they’d survived nearly seven months of his moods as his therapy had dragged out and nearly driven him to the brink of insanity. He had to give his girl credit – she had a backbone of steel. She didn’t back down when things got tough and adjusting to life with an active firefighter had taken some time but she’d stuck it out. They still had their moments, moments where they collided and she’d taken about as much as she could take and she ended up throwing something at him, but they always got through it.

Michael and Maria took the aisle next and from the easy way she glided down the pathway she could just as easily have been on a runway for a fashion show. The past year had taught them so much as individuals and as a couple. With Cody’s health improved and his return to a fairly normal life the pressure she’d felt from his illness had eased and between that freedom and her boyfriend’s love she had embraced life as never before. Her career had taken off and she worked hard to balance that with her relationship and college. Michael did the same and he was toying with pursuing medical school in the near future.

Tony and Ava were the last to walk the aisle. The couple had weathered a pretty difficult couple of months when the firefighter had been injured on the job back in December. Thankfully the injury had been relatively minor compared to what a couple of the other men had suffered, but it had really brought home just how dangerous his job was. He had recovered and they had worked through that obstacle and come out stronger. They had tied the knot on the Fourth of July in a small ceremony and Papa Guerin had nearly burst his buttons as he proudly walked his youngest down the aisle. Just a few weeks earlier they had finalized the paperwork and he had legally adopted Chase and the little boy now carried his last name.

The music rose and Max felt his nerves settle when his girl appeared at the end of the aisle. She was beautiful but he’d probably never remember much about the dress she was wearing. His dad had offered to walk her down the aisle but she’d thanked him for the offer and then declined it because while her own father wasn’t there to do the honors she’d had someone in mind. Aaron stood on her right side and he grinned and waved at Max as they started to walk. The little boy was dressed to the nines in his tuxedo, his hair neatly combed with that defiant cowlick sticking up at the back of his head.

Once Aaron had handed his sister over to Max he waited for the preacher to ask the important question he was supposed to answer. As soon as he’d said that all important “It’s me, I do!” he gave each of them a hug and ran over to join his grandparents for the rest of the ceremony. He watched with interest as the vows and rings were exchanged and he stood up on his chair and clapped loudly when the preacher said they could kiss.

He was so excited! When Liz and Max came back from their honeymoon – he still didn’t know why it was called that. It sounded like when they’d gone to Disneyland in California over the summer but that was called vacation. They were going to Jamaica for a week and when they got back they were moving into their new house and he was finally, finally getting a puppy!

“Do we get to eat now, Grandpa?” he asked when everyone got to their feet.

“It’ll just be a few minutes and everyone will be heading inside for the reception.” The catering staff was serving a buffet style menu that had something for everyone. The kids had done their best to ensure that everyone would be well fed and he had no doubt the food would be enjoyed by all. There was a live band and The Pavilion boasted a large dance floor. The wide glass doors were open to the extended deck and there was a light breeze blowing in off of the ocean. It was the perfect day for the wedding and he couldn’t be happier.

His relationship with his son had grown more stable over the past year and he and Diane were so pleased with the way Max had flourished. He was still seeing his therapist but his sessions had decreased to once a month. Liz was doing so well in her job at Bio-Tech and she was working hard to earn her degree. He glanced at his grandson when he tugged on the arm of his jacket and he picked him up and set him on the ground when everyone began to head inside. He took his wife’s hand and chuckled when Aaron took off, squeezing his way past a few people to get to the newlywed couple.

Max caught him and swung him up to sit on his shoulders. “You ready to grab some grub, bud?”

“Yes!”

He glanced at his new wife and he squeezed her hand. “What about you, Mrs. Evans?” Even though they had been together for well over a year there was something new about their relationship now that they had exchanged their vows.

“I’m not sure how much will fit into this dress, but yeah, I could eat a bite, Mr. Evans.”

“How come you call each other that?” Aaron asked curiously.

“Because it’s a new name for the two of you,” Max grinned. “We’re one family now and we all carry the same last name.”

“Do I gotta call you that too?”

“No, you don’t have to,” he chuckled and set him down, guiding him over to the long line of buffet tables.

“Can I call you Dad an’ Mom now since we’re a ‘ficial family?” All of his friends had a mom and dad and he wanted that too.

Max wasn’t surprised to have him ask him that question. Occasionally, those words had already slipped past his lips. He looked at his wife and a feeling of peace settled over him when she nodded briefly. “If that’s what you want.”

“Okay.” He thought about it for a minute. “I do,” he said and giggled. “Is that ‘ficial now too?”

“It is,” Liz stepped in, taking his small hand and leading him over to the stacks of plates. With the other hand, she held her dress so Aaron wouldn’t step on it. “What do you want to eat, huh?”

His wide eyes scanned over the long tables and he bit his bottom lip for a moment before pointing at a selection of offerings the chef had created especially for the kids that would be in attendance. There were mini hot dogs in buns, chicken fingers, tiny little macaroni and cheese bites and other kid friendly foods.

“Thought you’d like that,” she led him over and started to fill his plate, telling him that he could go a second time if he wanted when he kept telling her to take more.

“Ooh, Mommy, look!” Chase exclaimed as he practically dragged her over to the table where they were standing.

“Why don’t you take your seat and I’ll bring you some of everything?” Ava said, giving him a gentle nudge towards Tony, who was talking to Michael at their table.

“Me too?” Aaron asked, not wanting to be left out.

“Sure, go ahead,” Max agreed and caught Cody when the boy wasn’t looking ahead of him while running. “Hey, buddy, eyes forward,” he said, amused.

The little boy grinned up at him, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. “I told Mom we were gonna play football an’ she sent Maria after me.”

“Not in that tux you’re not,” Maria warned when she finally caught up with him. “Get your little butt over to that table and I’ll bring your plate to you.” She shook her head at him when he just shot another grin at her and told her he bet Michael would agree to a game and then he was off again with his two friends in hot pursuit. “Gosh, I can’t keep up with him!” But she loved it!

“They are a handful,” Liz agreed. The boys stretched their nerves whenever they could, but it was the best thing ever.

Michael saw the boys running in his direction, ready to duck under the tables. “Hey,” he reached out quickly and grabbed Cody and Aaron with each arm, lifting them up so their bodies hung in the air horizontally. “Where do ya think you’re goin’?”

Tony had gotten a hold of Chase at the last minute and he managed to turn him in his arms and held him up by his ankles. The boy giggled. “Dad! Noooo!”

The firefighter grinned and let him swing lightly. His tuxedo jacket hung down making him look like a little bat. Dad, he thought. What a great sound. “What’re you three little troublemakers up to now?” he asked, easily lifting Chase up so they were eye to eye.

“Football!” all three of them shouted.

“Not before you’ve eaten,” Michael shook his head and sat both of his boys on their chairs. Damn, they’d gotten heavier over the last year.

“After dinner,” Tony agreed and set his own kid down in his chair. There was no containing little boys for that long and he knew Ava and Liz had brought play clothes for them because he’d overheard the conversation and gotten smacked with a magazine for rolling his eyes at them.

“Remember what we talked about?” Michael knelt in front of Cody with a meaningful look. “I need you to be a good boy.”

“I’m bein’ good,” he said, his leg in constant motion because it was the only outlet for his pent-up energy.

“Cool.” He shot the boy a grin. “If everything goes as planned, we’ll have enough time for football later, buddy.”

“I don’t think we packed any play clothes for you, Guerin,” Maria whispered in his ear as she leaned over him to put Cody’s plate on the table.

“No?” He got up and turned to face her, bringing him closer to her. “Not even for tonight?”

She nipped his bottom lip. “Well, I know what I’m wearin’ under this dress and I know for a fact you’ll have plenty of fun.” She tugged at one of his belt loops. “I’m just not sure what surprises you’ve got for me.”

He grinned, feeling a little shiver leave his body. “Wouldn’t be a surprise if ya knew.”

“So you do have somethin’ up your sleeve.” She nodded. “I knew it!”

Before he could reply, Amy joined them and with her another woman, someone they all had met a few months ago and immediately integrated into the family, like she had never belonged anywhere else. He was thankful for the interruption before could Maria dig any deeper.

“Elaine, good to see you.”

The woman smiled and gave the young man a little hug before her eyes dropped to the little boy next to him. “Hello, Cody, you look like a real gentleman tonight.”

“Thanks.” He tugged on Michael’s sleeve and the man turned to pick him up so he could stand on the chair. He gave her a wide grin and easily accepted her embrace when Michael moved back to give them some room. He patted her back when she rested the side of her head against his chest, just listening to the steady beat of his heart for a minute.

Amy felt her throat thicken as she watched them. She’d been so grateful for the miracle they’d been given and as life had started to settle down into something more routine she’d sat at the dining room table for hours at a time trying to put her gratitude into words. How did you thank someone for the gift of life? No words had been good enough but she’d done her best and over time letters had been exchanged and eventually they had agreed to meet.

She knew how close she had come to losing her son and facing the woman who had lost her child so that Cody could live had been hard. Cody amazed her on a daily basis, but when they’d finally met Elaine and Christian something had just clicked between them. Cody had always been very sensitive to others and that day had been no exception. After being introduced he’d asked if they had a picture of their son and the woman had brought one out, offering it to him with trembling hands.

He’d studied it for several long minutes before handing it back to her. He’d smiled and told her he’d always take care of Chris and then asked if she wanted to hear his heart. From that moment on the couple had become a part of their lives and now she couldn’t imagine them being anywhere else.

Maria watched her brother and the other woman and when they ended their hug it was her turn to do so. “Good to see you, Elaine. How was your drive?”

“It was nice. The weather’s perfect and Christian just got back from his final tour. He’ll be staying stateside and receiving his discharge next month.” She was so relieved he was getting out of the military. He had put in twelve years and he was ready to move on. They were talking seriously about marriage and after meeting Jim Valenti he had discovered an interest in the security business. The men had started discussing business pretty much from the beginning and she’d left them to it. She’d be happy to support anything that kept him out of a sandpit several thousand miles away.

Amy nodded. “Jim’s really excited about expanding the business.” She glanced around, looking for him and finding him right where she’d expected he’d be. Surrounded by the guys he’d met at some barbecue, guys that had helped protect Isabel and save Alex. He already had a couple of them onboard with getting involved in the company and one of them had agreed to be a consultant when needed.

“When did my dad start hangin’ with the cool kids?” Kyle shook his head and used the moment of everyone’s distraction to take his girlfriend’s hand to sneak away for a moment.

“Kyle!” Tess hissed, taking the train of her bridesmaid’s dress to keep up with him. Ungh, Liz really owed them for putting them in dresses like this. Next wedding she was going to design them and they would be way more comfortable! “Where are we going?”

“Just away from all of the craziness,” he replied and pressed her against the wall of the small building that housed additional restrooms.

“And you think this place is any better?” She made a face, but let him press against her.

“It’s quiet,” he shrugged and leaned in for a short kiss. At least it was originally planned to be short, but when she moaned into his mouth, he moved even closer and used his tongue to part her lips. Liz had kept everyone so busy with the planning of the wedding, he had hardly seen his girlfriend the last two weeks and for that reason, he was glad the madness would finally come to an end tonight.

“We shouldn’t get into this now,” Tess made an attempt to complain, but her voice showed her lack of interest in stopping.

“Why? I think I’m suffering from major sex deprivation.”

She giggled. “You’re exaggerating. And by the way, you could’ve joined me this morning. I told you it was okay.”

He leaned back and looked at her. “Tess, babe, I love you, but don’t think I’m stupid enough to walk into an apartment full of girls getting ready for a wedding. Not even for sex.”

“Oh my God,” she smacked his shoulder.

“What?” He looked at her, startled.

“Seriously, Valenti? You choose to tell me for the first time that you love me while you’re pressing me up against a wall right next to the restrooms?” Although she tried to look resentful, her heart was pounding crazily.

Kyle only now realized his slip and he grinned sheepishly.

Tess rolled her eyes. “You totally ruined my romantic story of that all-important first time ‘I love you’.”

“Hey, but you’re the first who gets to hear it. Like ever.”

She smiled at the thought. “You’ve got the worst timing, but since we’re feeling romantic here: I love you, too.” She peered around the corner. “We should take our seats. Looks like everyone’s getting ready to do the same.”

“Alright,” he took a step back, glad she wasn’t making a big deal of it because he’d always felt like those words were overrated. She KNEW he loved her. Taking a seat next to Maria, he shot a look at his dad and her mom. “Damn, are they really getting serious?” he muttered, nodding at his dad when he shot a flirtatious smile at Amy.

“Could be...” she made a face. “That would make us siblings.”

Kyle shuddered, leaning in closer so his words wouldn’t get carry to the others. “I NEVER wanted to say that I had sex with my sister.”

Maria broke out into a giggling fit when he referred to a time that was long ago and should be forgotten. “Shut up. THAT NEVER HAPPENED, remember?”

“What never happened?” Tess asked as she sat down next to her boyfriend.

“Huh?”

“Whatever the two of you were whispering about,” Isabel said and rolled her eyes as she settled into the chair Alex pulled out for her before taking his own.

“Oh, just our parents,” he said and shuddered comically. “They were makin’ out over a basket of laundry the other night. Just one of those things best to forget about and pretend it never happened.”

Ava glanced at the couple in question. “Oh, c’mon, I think it’s sweet that they’re together.”

Everyone fell silent when the sound of a spoon tapping against glass called for everyone’s attention. Max got out of his chair, fumbling with his tie nervously.

“Hello, everyone,” he started nervously. “Most of you guys know that I’m not really good with words and I can see you’re all hungry, so I’m gonna make this short.”

Quiet laughter went through the people gathered around the tables.

“As you know, Liz and I went through a pretty rough time in the past and there was a point where we hadn’t allowed ourselves to think that a happy ending was possible for us.” He looked down at his wife and squeezed her hand when her eyes suddenly watered.

“But we made it and that was because we were supported by a bunch of great friends and family members.”

A round of applause went up and Max nodded and raised his hand in a bid for silence. “You guys have made all the difference and we just wanted to say thanks. And on that note I’ll turn it over to my best man and get outta the spotlight.”

“Just had to get that outta your system before you choked on it, didn’t you?” Tony joked as he stood up. “I’m not much better at the speeches, but since it’s expected and my wife threatened me with bodily harm if I screwed it up I’ve spent a lot of time reading up on every best man speech book and site I could find.” He chuckled and shrugged when Ava gave him a look that said he’d pay for that later. “And I finally figured out that what I needed to say tonight wasn’t gonna come out of a book.”

He cleared his throat lightly and looked at the newlywed couple before scanning the crowd again. “Most of us work or have worked in fields that carry a certain amount of danger and I think that’s really given us an appreciation for the precious things in life. Home, family, good friends...” his eyes connected with his wife’s, “and if you’re really lucky, the love of a good woman.” Okay, that was enough of the sentimental crap, right? Yeah, he believed it was all true, but saying it out loud just sounded so corny and dumb. “I know we’ve all seen these two grow over the past year, graduating from verbal eye gouging to an actual grownup relationship that’s strong enough to weather any storm.” He held his glass up and looked at them again. “Here’s to a lifetime of happiness.”

The guests repeated his last words and then broke out in cheering and yelling.

He leaned over and whispered in his wife’s ear, “You’re up next.” He smiled and took a drink of his wine, glad to have that out of the way.

Ava rolled her eyes just for him so see and then got up with a smile. “Well, Liz, Max... I’m actually starting my speech by saying thank you. A little over a year ago, I was a single mom and you, Liz, you could kind of relate to that feeling. Granted, I had a great family behind me, but sometimes you just need a friend who knows exactly what you’re talking about, right? I’m sad we didn’t meet earlier, but I’m also glad that we’ve become such good friends over the last year – mostly thanks to our sons. You’re a strong woman.” She smiled and then looked at Max. “And you, buddy, I think you’re the right man for her, so never make me regret those words, alright?” She grinned and lifted her glass. “To a strong couple.”

The crowd raised their glasses and echoed the sentiment, quieting when movement caught their attention.

Aaron got up and dragged his chair away from the table and then went back for his glass of milk. “Grampa,” he called and held his free hand up.

Philip hurried over and picked him up, standing him on the chair and staying close enough to rest his hand against his back to stabilize him and let him know he was there.

“Max an’ Liz is married now an’ they’re gonna be my dad an’ mom.” He smiled at his sister. “I got to live with my sister when I was littler ‘cause my daddy an’ mommy died an’ now I gots this whole big fam’ly ‘cause Michael made us his friends an’ then Lizzie finally,” he said that last word on a dramatic sigh, “said Max could come see us sometimes. Max saved us from Trent ‘cause he was a bad man an’ he was mean to us.” He turned to look at Grampa and whispered something that was quickly answered. He nodded and turned back to face the crowd as he raised his little glass of milk. “To my Dad an’ Mom.” He frowned when the milk spilled over his hand a little. “That wasn’t ‘posed to happen.” He looked at his parents and forgot all about the milk. “I love you.”

Liz’s eyes filled with tears and even Max’ felt wet. They glanced at each other and smiled before they both went to hug the little man between them. “That was the best speech, Aaron,” she whispered in his ear.

He grinned and hugged them, barely noticing when Grandma rushed over to grab the glass of milk that was about to be dumped right down the bride’s back. When they released him he turned to hug his grandparents. “I din’t mess up, right?”

Diane patted his back and kissed his cheek. He’d been practicing his little speech for the past couple of weeks. “No, sweetie, it was perfect.”

“Good,” he sighed with relief. “Can we eat now?”

Philip laughed heartily and set Aaron down. “I have a feelin’ there’s gonna be a few more speeches, but it’s okay if you start eating your dinner.” He winked at him. “I know I’m about to dig in myself.”

He and Diane had given their speeches at the rehearsal dinner, leaving plenty of time for everyone else to speak up at the reception dinner. They sat down and several others made speeches while the kids dug into their meals.

Maria reached for her glass and stood once most of their friends had spoken, deciding she didn’t want this moment to pass without sharing her thoughts.

“I’ll make it short, promise,” she told them with a grin. “All I’m really gonna say is that I’m proud and happy to be one of your friends. We all struggled to stay on our feet last year, but together we were stronger than any of the shit that got thrown at us – sorry for my language, but it was just that. You were a great roommate for the short time we lived together, Liz. And Maxie, I’m gonna owe you forever for that tattoo ad because it opened so many doors for me. So thanks for your friendship guys, and here’s to a long life together.”

“Guess that means I’ve gotta say a few words,” Michael muttered and shoved himself to his feet. The wine glass dangled from his left hand as he stood there, collecting his thoughts for a moment. His right hand slipped into his pants pocket as he turned to look at Max and Liz, nodding once as he lifted his glass slightly in acknowledgment.

“Little over a year ago I don’t think any of us had any idea these two would ever get their acts together and figure out what the rest of us already knew: That they were supposed to be together. Sometimes life, fate, whatever you wanna call it, it just puts two people out there and it’s evident they’re supposed to be together but for some reason they’re just too blind, dumb or clueless to realize the truth. You guys fall into that category and I’m glad you got your heads outta your asses an’ put the rest of us outta our misery. Although you were entertaining to watch,” he said with a grin. “So here’s to the two of you and the family you’ve created.”

He waited until the cheers silenced once again and then he turned to Maria. “And as clueless as the two of them were, I can’t think of any couple worse than us when it comes to seein’ what’s right in front of you.”

Her eyes widened. “Michael, what’re you doin’?” she hissed.

“Me an’ you, it took us close to twenty years to figure out what the rest of the world seemed to know. The past year we’ve had our ups and downs, we’ve had some pretty spectacular fights, and some pretty incredible makin’ up afterwards,” he waggled his eyebrows playfully, “and it all comes down to one thing. I love you.” He pulled his hand from his pocket as he dropped down to one knee, his right hand stretched out in her direction to reveal his empty palm.

Before she could say anything someone poked her in the shoulder and she turned to look at her brother.

“Mike wants to marry you,” he whispered loudly. He grinned widely as he reached around her to place a ring in Michael’s palm. “When he asks, say yes!”

Michael chuckled and took his cue. “Maria Deluca, will you marry me?”

She sucked in a sharp breath and glanced around, noticing the grins on their friends’ faces. “Oh my God, you knew about this?”

Her eyes turned back to Michael and when she saw the sincere look he gave her, tears spilled over so quickly she hadn’t even felt them coming. “You wanna -”

Swallowing hard, she lifted a shaking hand to him, offering her ring finger. “Yes, CB,” she whispered only to him, “I do wanna marry you!”

His hand shook slightly as he slipped the ring on her finger, hoping like hell she’d like it. It had taken forever to pick the thing out and she’d nearly caught him when he’d borrowed one of her rings to get her ring size. Of course, he’d blamed Loco for stealing it and then convinced her he was putting it back after finding it.

Maria looked down at the matte silver band. It was beautiful in its very simple form, just the way she liked things in her life to be nowadays. “I love it.” She looked at him. “I love you.”

The End
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - COMPLETE - 7/12/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Sad to see this end! But what a great ending! Everyone seems to be getting their happy ending!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! I love how Max and Liz got together. And how all the couple are engaged!

L-J-L 76
Midnightdreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Midnightdreamer »

I had longer reply, but it keeps getting erased, so I will keep it short. I liked everything and loved ending it with Max and Liz wedding and Michael and maria engagement. I also loved Aaron's speech that was adorable as well as max and his nervousness and hate spotlight.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

THEY'RE ENGAGED!!! :shock: :D 8) :mrgreen:

Terrific ending to another great story! I'm sad to see it as always, but everyone got their happy ending, and that's always a big PLUS in my book. :lol:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother