TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - COMPLETE - 7/12/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - Part 188 - 6/7/15

Post by begonia9508 »

Really nice part between Tess and Kyle! They had gone a long way, since when he could only disregard her, before the accident; it seems to have open Kyle's eyes...

Waiting for more! Thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

awesome tess and kyle moment :D
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

I missed a chapter and now I had 2 for the price of one! Joehoe! Even more because it was all over romantice stuff! After a hard and exhausting week it was the right thing to unwind. Thanks, girls!
Take a look at Eva's world
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Good for Kyle and Tess.
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

You gave me LOTS of Kyle and TEss goodness and for that I say THANK YOU!!!!!! I am completely hooked and in love with their storyline. Its going to be a wild day in bed when he gets that cast off!!!! HA!! Great update!
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

Awkward I would not want to walk in on a sibling. Lol They are being decent sports about the whole situation in general though.

I don't agree about tennis being boring. It can be very exciting. I watched for a decade or so. It was quite exciting. I even got go see my favorite player live. I was so devastated when he retired. He was so hot. :lol: I agree about everything thing else they said except for football. That's boring too. Maybe real football a.k.a soccer is more exciting. Lol But that's just me. It was really cute to read them being so easy going and open with each other. I am so glad Kyle is now as into her as she is into him. I thought I'd never see the day a year or so ago. I love to read how well things are following along. I am very addicted to what a pleasant read this is.

Is this going to finish soon? I'd be very sad but I sure hope you have another hit on your hands coming down the pipeline.

Excellent stuff ladies.

Eagerly awaiting more. :D
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 189

Post by Double Trouble »

CandyliciousLovah: It sure looks like it.

Roswelllostcause: Thanks for reading!

Earth2Mama: Lol, well, Kyle won’t have much to say about his high school relationship, but he will touch on it briefly.

Yep, they’re taking things at a rate that works for them and that’s the important thing.

begonia9508: Yeah, it looks like some good definitely came out of that accident.

Natalie36: Thanks!

Eva: Ah, double the fun… gotta love that! We’re glad you got to kick back and unwind with those last two.

keepsmiling7: They’re doing great!

sarammlover: Guess what? We have a little more Kyle and Tess for you today! Lol, we’ll bet you’re right. Thanks!

Alien_Friend: Lol, what’s the name of the player? Well, everyone likes different sports, hehe.

Well, we won’t lie. TIC TAC is coming to an end, yes. But our other fic is faaar from being finished. ;)

Thanks!

Part 189

Hellos and Goodbyes

“He broke up with me shortly before going to college.” She made a face. “He said he wanted to start college as a single guy and that it was better this way than breaking up later because one of us had cheated.”

“That sucks, but he was probably right.” How could a long distance relationship work? Hell, it was easy enough for people to cheat when they lived in the same house, what kinda opportunity would a thousand miles present?

“I didn’t look at it that way back then but today I know he was right and we weren’t really the perfect couple anyway.”

“No?” His lips lifted in a teasing smile. “President of the chess club?”

Tess smacked his arm. “Shut up. Of course not!”

“Debate team?”

“Football. Jeez.”

“Definitely the right call to cut him loose then.” The guy had probably headed off to college to play ball and the opportunities were endless for guys like that.

“Last I heard he hardly makes it on the field at college. Serves him right!”

He smirked. “Some guys just can’t hack it.”

“I guess you never had a relationship past a month?”

“Honestly, a month would be generous most of the time. Longest relationship I had was in high school and it lasted, I dunno, close to six months and then my best friend laid it on me that she was screwin’ around on me.”

“Oh...” How could anyone cheat on HIM?

“Yeah, that sucked too. Kinda figured after that there wasn’t much point to relationships. What was the point of stickin’ with one person when all you were doin’ was settin’ yourself up to take a fall?” He fell silent for a few minutes. “And then a while back I found out about my mom and that seemed to seal the deal, y’know? I mean, it’s not like I’m the kinda person that believes in fairy tales and all that happily ever after bullshit, but if you can’t trust your partner in life to have your back and be faithful, then what’s the point?”

“It’s not easy to find that person,” she agreed.

“No.” And not just because settling down with one girl took some serious thought. The amount of trust you had to put in another person to make a relationship work was a scary prospect.

“Are you willing to try?” He had officially announced her as his girlfriend but they hadn’t talked about it.

His thumb traced over her fingers one by one as he considered her question. “I’ve... dated...” that was really a stretch as far as definitions went, “a lot, but I haven’t been serious about anyone in a long damn time. I meant it when I made it public that we were together so yeah, I’m in this thing because I wanna give it a shot.”

“Okay,” she breathed and leaned over to kiss him, gently at first and then with more passion, hoping his heart wouldn’t beat as fast as hers was right now and cause damage.

“Don’t take it easy on me,” he mumbled against her lips.

“No? But I want you alive.” Her hand moved the fabric of his shirt up to slip beneath and feel the hot skin of his stomach.

He growled under his breath. He wanted his body to be free of all limitations and he wanted it now! “Alive’s good,” he breathed.

“Very,” she agreed, hooking one leg over his and kissing her way along his jaw to his ear.

His hand trailed over her hip. “I’m not an invalid though.”

Her hand made its own journey southward and brushed against the fastening of his jeans. There was an impressive bulge under her wrist which made her grin against his neck. “100% not.”

He groaned when she dragged her fingernails over him. He had no idea what was gonna happen tonight but he was ready for anything.

Tess felt the knot in her belly tighten at his reaction to her touch. She wanted so badly to take things further, but his body was still recovering and as much as they both wanted it – and as much as he would tell her he was okay – she didn’t want him to get frustrated when he reached his limits.

“What’re you doin’?” he rasped when her teasing touch retreated.

“We wanted to take things slow, didn’t we?”

Slow? Had they said that? Ungh, no, they hadn’t – he had. What the hell had he been thinking? “We did, huh?”

“Yep. An’ we just started dating... well, today.”

“There’s not some kinda timeline that goes along with that is there? Like we have to date for x number of weeks or somethin’ before we can have sex?”

“No, there isn’t,” she chuckled. “Just on the first date is kinda not taking things slow.”

He nodded. “Yeah, I guess that’s true.” He shifted and carefully rested his casted arm on her hip. “And there’s no need to rush since neither of us is goin’ anywhere.”

She nodded and leaned in closer for a gentle kiss. “It’s not that I don’t want to, but maybe it’s too soon. I want this to work out.”

He nodded. “Well,” he said with a quiet laugh, “I did say I wanted us to make this work, right?”

“Yep.”

“Then I guess we’re gonna do this thing right. And when we do get physical, who knows? Maybe it’ll be even better.” That remained to be seen, he thought. But he didn’t want to screw this up, so slow was how they were gonna take it.

“I think it was pretty good the first time and the next time we’ll take a little more than five minutes for it.”

He smirked. “I can definitely do better than pretty good given more time.”

“I don’t have any doubts.” She grinned and snuggled closer. “Have you seen the new diner across the street? They serve breakfast, maybe we can convince the others to check it out in the morning. Although I’m not sure about Michael’s schedule at the station.”

“I think that can be arranged.”

“Cool.” Not that long ago, when she had returned to NYC, she hadn’t believed there would be a time when hanging out with the other girl was going to be possible without a good amount of hate and jealousy.

“What’re you thinkin’?” he asked, brushing a few strands of her hair back as he studied her expression.

“Just that I’m happy how things turned out. Everything was a hell of a lot different when I came back from LA.”

“Things can change pretty fast in six months.”

“Even in less than that.”

“Yeah.” It was weird. When summer had started she had been nothing more than an aggravation he’d had to endure because she was Guerin’s little sister and now... hell, now she was so much more than that

Captain Christian Thomas paid the cabbie and stepped out of the cab, hefting his duffel bag up and hooking the strap over his shoulder. He glanced at the people dotting the sidewalk on either side of him before his gaze locked on the glass doors leading into the hospital. His spine was ramrod straight as he entered the building, mindless of the cool air that rushed over his heated skin. He headed straight for the elevators and punched the button for the fourth floor. Like any good Marine he’d done his recon; there was no point wasting time trying to figure out where he was going at the last minute.

He hadn’t been able to sleep on the emergency flight home but his features didn’t reveal his exhaustion. He had just completed a debriefing after a mission when the base commander had asked to see him in his office. He’d been expecting to get reamed for breaking protocol and going back for a civilian that would’ve been killed if he hadn’t made that decision. The old man hadn’t disappointed him. He’d chewed his ass out until there wasn’t much left to speak of. He understood mission protocol but he’d secured the safety of his men and deemed the risk acceptable.

The commander had received a call as he’d started to wind down and his expression had eased fractionally as he’d delivered the news. He’d ordered him to get ready to move out without waiting for him to make the request and he’d wasted no time. Word had spread through the base like wildfire and he’d received more good luck wishes and sympathetic back slaps than he knew what to do with.

A lot of the soldiers on base hadn’t even known his best friend. But they knew his reputation and they knew he’d died in battle, stopping an attack that would’ve left dozens of military and civilian personnel dead. He and Jay Travers had been best friends since meeting in high school and they’d joined up together after graduation. Boot camp had been hell but they’d survived it. Jay had gotten married a couple years in and the following year his wife had given birth to their son. Being away from his family had been hard for him and he’d made the decision to retire from active service at the end of his tour.

He’d never made it.

Christian sighed and rolled his shoulders when the car stopped. A quick look at the floor indicator let him know he wasn’t at his destination. He leaned back against the wall, his eyes flicking over a couple of college age girls as they stepped inside and punched the button for the third floor. Under normal circumstances he’d be enjoying the view but his mind was busy trying to figure out what to say to Elaine. She and Jay hadn’t had any other family to speak of so he’d dragged them along to all of his family’s get-togethers. After Jay’s death he’d stepped in, trying to be the best role model possible for his godson. He and Elaine had helped each other finally accept their loss and they’d remained good friends.

Over time their friendship had grown and they’d realized they both wanted more. But with Jay’s ghost between them, the feeling that they would be betraying him had reared its ugly head and they’d taken a step back. A big step. She’d moved across the country to take a job in New York and he’d welcomed his next deployment with the enthusiasm of a green recruit. He watched the girls as they got off on the third floor and he thumped the back of his head against the wall.

The commander had relayed the information he had been given about the accident and he’d talked to one of the medics on the transport, trying to fully understand the situation. Johnson had given up hours of sleep as he explained things to him, breaking it down in a way someone with no medical knowledge would understand.

Basically it was a situation that was hopeless. There wouldn’t be some last-minute miracle that would bring Chris back. Johnson had advised him that Elaine had probably already been contacted by someone who worked with an organ transplant organization. Rationally, he could understand the need for someone from an organization like that to approach her but he didn’t envy that person or their job. On a more personal level he would’ve punched that unlucky SOB in the mouth.

The worst thing was that she was dealing with this all alone.

He pushed away from the wall and stepped off of the elevator when the doors slid open. The atmosphere was hushed and there was a feeling of time standing still. Every sound felt like an ominous swing of the pendulum, as if it might be the sound that shattered the fragile wall holding death at bay.

All of Johnson’s helpful information fell by the wayside as he stepped into the room Chris was in and he saw the little body lying so still in the bed. He dealt in cold hard facts. He had faced death in a hail of bullets and mortar fire on the battlefield, he had faced the enemy in hand-to-hand combat, and he’d stood next to countless men as they drew their last breath. But nothing had prepared him for the impact of seeing Chris in this condition.

The lively little boy that seemed so tireless whenever they had the opportunity to spend time together was suddenly so still. They had spent hours upon hours hiking and camping and he’d patiently taught the eager little guy all about fishing and camping. He’d taught him how to ride a bike and how to throw a football. He’d fielded hundreds of questions about why things were the way they were and how things worked. And now, for all intents and purposes, the little boy he knew was gone.

He swallowed with difficulty and turned his attention to the lone figure sitting silently next to the bed. Everything about her posture spoke of a combination of dejection and denial. And he still didn’t know what to say to her. He wasn’t great with words on a regular basis, but something like this? There were no words that could make this better or easier for her.

The mechanical hissing sound of the ventilator was accompanied by the constant beeping of the other machines all working to keep her son alive. On occasion the door would open and one of the nurses would step in to record different information on their clipboards before disappearing again. They were always kind and polite but she could feel their pitying looks as they went about their routines.

She had heard the door open a few minutes ago and it irritated her when outside noise intruded in spite of the fact that they were mere whispers of sound. She wiped her eyes with the shredded tissue that had already soaked up more tears than it had ever been intended to hold and turned in her seat to tell whatever medical personnel was standing there gaping at her to get the hell out and leave them alone. Her heart stuttered in her chest when she saw the silent man standing there.

“Christian,” she whispered as she got to her feet.

He dropped his duffel bag on the floor out of the way and pulled her into his arms as the door closed, the hydraulics quietly hissing. “I’d have been here sooner if I could’ve,” he murmured as his gaze swept over the machines and finally settled on the one keeping Chris’s lungs working.

She didn’t doubt that but she couldn’t speak so she just nodded.

She’d had days to process the situation but that didn’t make it any easier for her and he knew that so rather than try to stumble through a condolence that wouldn’t make her feel better he just hugged her tighter. He felt her tense a while later when a nurse came in to record something on the monitors before quietly excusing herself.

“What can I do, Elaine?”

She turned her head so she could hear and feel his steady heartbeat as she watched her son and her heart shattered all over again. She had listened to doctor after doctor as they gave her the same news: Chris was already gone. If they took him off the ventilator his lungs would stop working because there was no brain function, no activity there to tell them what to do. Her eyes filled and the tears spilled over. Her hands clenched in his shirt as she drew in a shuddering breath, swallowing in an effort to make her voice work.

The memory of the young woman she’d met in the courtyard was never far from her mind and as Christian voiced his quiet question it surfaced once again. She knew it was the right thing to do. It was just wrong for her little boy to be confined to a bed; to be completely unaware of his surroundings, to be so still. She drew in a ragged breath and pressed her forehead against his chest as she squeezed her eyes shut and her voice broke as she rasped, “Help me let him go.”

The cemetery was shrouded in stillness that made it feel somehow sacred and set apart from the rest of the world. Isabel drove along the paved path at a sedate speed, a stark contrast to her normal tendency of driving as if she was qualifying for the Indy 500. She found a shady spot and parked, checking her reflection out of habit before getting out and walking the rest of the way.

Her pace slowed when she neared her destination and she saw the woman standing there. She was debating whether she should just slip away and come back later when the visitor turned and saw her.

“Isabel, hi.”

“Hi, Bethany.” She hooked her thumb over her shoulder. “I can come back later.”

“No, stay. Please.”

“Well, if you’re sure I’m not intruding,” she agreed and closed the distance separating them.

Bethany hugged her for a moment before stepping back. “I read about what happened. How are you?”

“A lot better, thanks.” Isabel studied the other woman, seeing an easing in the weight she’d been carrying since losing Matt. “How about you?”

The brunette gave her a small smile tinged with nervousness. “I feel like I can breathe again.”

“You met someone.” There was no accusation in her tone and she smiled. “Matt would be happy for you.”

Her fingertips ghosted over the polished marble headstone. “He would be,” she agreed softly. “I still love him and I always will but now the loss isn’t so overwhelming that it overshadows everything else.”

“Have you been dating long?”

She looked puzzled for a moment and then she shook her head. “We haven’t gone out yet. Our jobs are next to each other and we kept running into each other at the café around the corner at lunchtime. He’d always come in when they were packed and ask if he could sit in my booth. At first I said yes just to be polite, but over time I realized I was looking forward to those lunches.” And it had been flattering when she’d accidentally discovered that he was wasting the first twenty minutes of his lunch hour so he had an excuse to sit with her.

“He knows about Matt and he understands.” Nick had experienced his own loss and he was supportive. “He’s actually asked me out a couple of times but I couldn’t say yes so the last time he said when I was ready it was my turn to ask.”

“So you’ve asked him?”

“I’m going to.” She cast a glance at the headstone. “I wanted to talk to Matt first. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking but I knew if I came out here I’d know for sure if I was ready or not.”

“Matt always had that effect on people.”

“Yeah, he sure did. How’s your family?”

“They’re doing good.”

She chuckled quietly. “Have your brother and Maria ever gotten together?”

“Yeah, just recently.” She rolled her eyes. “I’m sure Matt’s grinning from ear to ear about that.”

“He was always so sure about them.”

“I used to think he had to be wrong about that one. I so should’ve known better.”

“He was almost always right. If he had been anyone else I probably would’ve hated him just a little bit. But he didn’t flaunt it or rub it in your face so it was impossible to hate him.” She shook her head. “Not even a little bit.” She glanced at her watch when the alarm started to sound. “I’d better be going. It was good to see you, Isabel.”

“You too, Bethany.”

After the other woman left Isabel moved around to a shady spot and dropped down to sit on the ground. “You guys would’ve been so happy, Matt.” She pulled her knees up and rested her chin on them. “Gosh, I wish you were here.” She sighed. “Maybe in some way you are, huh? If you’re like a guardian angel or something you’re gonna have your hands full. You’d think it’d be the twins getting into so much trouble but once again it’s me and Michael.”

“I think you meant to say you’re the one getting into trouble. Again.”

Her eyes widened and she stared at the headstone for a moment before realization dawned. Without turning her head her right hand shot out and connected solidly with Michael’s leg.

“Ow!”

“That’s not funny,” she said as she scowled up at him. He could drop his voice and if she wasn’t paying close attention he sounded just like Matt.

He snorted and stepped around her, dropping down to sit beside her. “You didn’t see your face.” He pulled two beers out of the six-pack he’d brought with him and handed her one.

“What’re you doing out here?” She unscrewed the cap and knocked her bottle against his before taking a drink. “And don’t you think a six-pack is a little much to drink before driving back into the city?”

“I’m not alone am I?” he countered and took a drink.

“You couldn’t know I was here,” she denied and looked at him.

He shrugged. “I have a couple of hours before I’m supposed to pick Chase up for the night. I went by your place to drop off some things Tess dumped on me but you weren’t home. I knew you weren’t on the schedule to work, your boyfriend on the other hand was at work, and it’s been a hellish few weeks so I figured you found your way out here to get some advice from big brother.”

She sighed. “Michael,” she whined, certain he was getting ready to give her shit for that mess with Richard.

He brought his knees up, his pose closely mirroring hers as he let his elbows rest on them. The bottle dangled from his fingertips, gently swaying back and forth as he contemplated his words. “How’s married life?”

Her shocked gaze flew to him and after a moment she shifted to bump her shoulder against his. “I could ask you the same thing.”

“Yeah, but me an’ Maria, we’re old news. You an’ Whitman, you’re not.” He took a drink and shot a sideways glance at her. “Heard he took you out to Mickey D’s.” He chuckled when she gave an affirmative response. “Hope you didn’t get extra sauce on the first date.”

“What? Why not?”

“Because every time you order one of those things you end up with sauce all over the place and it’s not real attractive.”

“Really?” she asked, her tone dry. “You’re giving me advice on first dinner date etiquette?”

He shrugged one shoulder. “I’m just sayin’. You’re kind of a slob with those things.”

“You’re one to talk.” They sat there in silence for a few minutes before she spoke again. “I know you’re still pissed that I didn’t come to you about what was going on.”

Michael bumped her knee with his. “I get it, Iz. I’m your kid brother and you didn’t wanna come to me with it. Maria explained it.”

“Did she use small words? Maybe draw you some pictures?” She rolled her eyes at him affectionately. “I didn’t always run to Matt with every little problem either.”

“Wasn’t exactly a little problem.”

“No, and looking back now I know I should’ve asked for help sooner. Michael, there’s nothing you can say that could possibly make me feel any worse than I do about what happened.”

“Not interested in makin’ you feel bad. I probably wouldn’t have gone to you either.” He stared at the headstone for a minute. “He would’ve known what to do. He would’ve told you Dick was no good and you would’ve listened to him.”

“I adored Matt just as much as you and the girls did, but I didn’t always listen to him. I could be just as hardheaded with him as I am with you.” She rested her cheek on her knees as she looked at him. “I ignored him when he warned me that Ben Thompson was a jerk.”

“Who?”

She laughed and shook her head. “I’d be surprised if you remembered him. He was a senior when I was a freshman and when he invited me to the spring dance I was so excited. All the girls were jealous and I was sure Matt was wrong about him. Dad and Nicole were gone for the weekend and I was going to that dance with Ben.”

“Wait, is this that guy that came by to pick you up and he stayed in his car and laid on the horn?” He snorted when she nodded. “Hell, even my manners were better than ever pickin’ a girl up like that.”

“Yeah, well, you weren’t raised in a barn. I was so embarrassed when Matt went out to tell Ben if he expected to take me to the dance he could get his backside out of the car and walk up to the door like a gentleman.”

Michael snickered. “Yeah, he never stood for crap like that. He was always so much like Dad it was scary.”

“He really took his role as the oldest seriously. Y’know, Ben didn’t bother comin’ up to the door that night.” Or any other, she thought. “He tore outta the driveway after flipping Matt off and I was so mad that I refused to hear anything he had to say. I went to the dance and when I found Ben,” she made a face at the memory, “I apologized over and over for Matt’s behavior and he finally started to calm down. He played it cool for a while but his true colors started to show later on and he was everything Matt said he was.”

She’d never forget the night she’d almost gotten herself in more trouble than she could handle. Ben had asked her to go to a party with him after the dance and she’d foolishly agreed, thinking he saw her as a more mature woman than any of her female peers. He’d seen her as something more alright. The party had been at a house that belonged to the family of a friend of his and it had been in full swing by the time they’d arrived. He’d pushed her to drink and she’d finally given in and had one and before she knew it he’d managed to get her alone and she’d known she was in trouble.

It was nothing more than sheer luck that another couple had come stumbling into the room and given her just enough time to get away. But she’d had nowhere to go. The people there were all friends of his and in the end she’d locked herself in one of the ornate bathrooms and with trembling fingers called her older brother. She was sure Matt must’ve broken every posted speed limit between their home and where she was because he’d been there a lot sooner than he should’ve been.

He’d nearly torn the place apart looking for her and when he’d finally found her she’d seen the anger burning beneath the worry in his eyes.

“I’d never seen him so furious.”

“You’d never been in that kinda danger before.”

“I still don’t know what he said to Ben. He put me in the car and told me to wait for him.” She thumped her forehead on her knees. “Needless to say, I didn’t defy him anymore that night.”

“He probably kicked his ass.”

She rolled her eyes at him. “Do you really think that’s the answer to everything?”

“It’s the answer to that situation. Besides,” he shrugged, “Matt’s the one who taught me how to fight. He was the peacekeeper and he was damn good at it, but he knew how to hold his own.” He met her gaze. “Any guy with intentions like Ben had deserves a good ass whippin’, Iz.” He finished off his beer and dropped the bottle in the carton. “So this thing with bein’ attracted to assholes, you’re gonna wanna work on that.”

“Shut up.” She shoved his shoulder, smiling when he laughed easily. “My point is I didn’t always listen to him either.”

“Well, maybe you’ve finally broken the asshole streak you’ve been on. I mean, Whitman, he’s about as far from asshole as you can get.” He lifted an eyebrow and his tone was teasing when he spoke again. “Even if the guy isn’t really into the party scene and he likes to pound on the floor when one’s goin’ on.” His expression sobered. “He’s been good for you and he’ll be good to you. He’s the kinda guy Matt would’ve approved of. Hell, they would’ve gotten along great.”

“Yeah, I think they would’ve.”

“So since you’ve got your head outta your ass and you’re seein’ a decent guy maybe you wanna do somethin’ really nice and offer to take Chase off my hands for the night.”

“I’m not feeling that generous. I love him and I enjoy spending time with him but overnight in my apartment? He’s detrimental to the health of my furniture.”

He laughed and shook his head. She was fussy about her things but she’d kept Chase on plenty of occasions. “Look, if you need some alone time with Whitman just say so.”

“You told Ava you were keeping him so he’s all yours, little brother.” She smirked at him. “I am feeling generous though so if you want I will take him for a couple of hours so you and Maria can hang out, but he’s sleeping at your place tonight.”

He waggled his eyebrows. “Got nocturnal plans?”

“Gross, Michael! Whatever my plans are I’m not discussing them with you.”

He chuckled and ducked out of her reach as he held a hand up. “I don’t wanna know anyway.”

“Good. Because we’re never having that conversation.” She shot a glare at him. “About either of us or our significant others.”

He tried to control the grin but finally gave in when he felt his hold on it slipping. “So now he’s your,” he brought his hands up to make quotation marks with his fingers, “significant other?”

Isabel rested her chin on her knees and looked at him, not bothering to deny his teasing words. “He’s a good guy, y’know?”

“Yeah, I know. I’m still gonna give you shit about it because I’m your little brother and well, it’s kinda my job, but he’s a solid guy and I’m happy for you. And hell, he’s just demented enough that he likes the rest of us too, so that’s definitely in his favor.” He checked his watch and scrubbed a hand through his hair. “You wanna go grab somethin’ to eat?”

“Sure, why not?” Alex wouldn’t be getting off for several more hours and as aggravating as Michael could be on occasion she did enjoy his company most of the time. She accepted his hand when he stood and let him pull her to her feet.

He took the bottle she’d finished and dropped it in the carton. “I’ll go toss the empties and meet ya at the cars.” His fingertips ghosted over the top of the headstone as he passed it.

Isabel watched him as he walked away and after a moment she pressed a kiss to her fingers and rested them on the headstone. “He’s still trying so hard to fill your shoes, Matt.” She smirked when Michael turned to lean back against his truck and held his hands up, silently asking what was taking her so long. “He doesn’t have your patience though.” She patted the polished stone before stepping away. “We’re gonna be okay, big brother.” She inhaled deeply and glanced up at the clear blue sky before focusing on her younger brother again. “Wherever we go the food’ll still be there,” she called. She rolled her eyes as she pulled her keys out of her front pocket. “At least it will be until you get there.”

He snorted and climbed up in the truck. “You just follow my lead.”

She shook her head as she slid in behind the wheel and reached for her sunglasses. “Follow my lead,” she muttered but after a moment she decided to let him have this one small victory.
Last edited by Double Trouble on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: TIC TAC - (CC,AU,Adult) - Part 189 - 6/14/15

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It's sad to think this story is winding down. But I do appreciate that you two finish your stories and don't leave me wondering.
I'll be excited to see what you have next........you still amaze me that you are able to have so many of the characters involved in interesting stories.
Thank you,
Carolyn
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

Good to know that Tess isn't so insecure about what she wants. She wants Kyle and she's willing to take it slow for his sake and her sanity. :D
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639