In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 29 8/19/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Sean never should have been trusted.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 29 8/19/19

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Yes poor Cait! Don't worry too much though. Michael isn't the only one that will be watching out for Liz's young cousin. It is sad that Dani died. But Max was a wonderful friend to her and did give her some good memories. Liz does need time and when she is ready Max will be there waiting.

L-J-L 76 Sean maybe spying but don't count on him getting very far with his plans.

RoswellFan68 Who said anyone trusts him?

Part 30

It had been a week since her doctor appointment. Liz was now sitting in her car in front of a house in a nice middle class neighborhood half way between Dallas and Fort Worth. She was waiting on the realtor to show up to show her the house. It was listed at just under $325,000. A two story ranch style with four bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. A large fenced in backyard and finished basement. It was really bigger than she really needed at this time. But it would be nice to have somewhere that her parents and Cait could stay when they came down. Just then a car parked behind her and a woman about her mother's age got out.

“Ms. Parker?”
“Yes, you are Ms. Dawson?” asked Liz
“Yes. Let's take a look around the house. The owner is retired military who is moving to Arizona to be closer to their grandchildren.”
“Well so far from what I have seen from the outside it looks very well maintained.” Said Liz

Ms. Dawson led Liz into the house and into the front hall. Liz noticed the stairs to the second floor on her right and a large open living/dinning room to her left. They walked through the large room to the kitchen that was well lit, with new appliances. There was a counter island in the middle of the kitchen, but still left plenty of room for a table and chairs for a casual family meal. They then head down the stairs to the basement that had a small room divided off that was perfect for a home office. While the main part could be used as a playroom for kids. Back on the main floor next to the half bathroom was a laundry room with a brand new front loader washer and dryer.

“All the appliances are included.” Said Ms. Dawson

Liz nodded as they entered a nice size family room that led to the backyard that had a deck. The large backyard would be perfect for summer gatherings like a BBQ. They then headed upstairs. The three children/guest bedrooms were nice sized as was the bathroom with a tub/shower combo. But it was when they entered the master suite that sold the house for Liz. His and her walk in closets a large master bath with separate shower and whirlpool tub. His and her sinks. But what really sold her had been the french doors off the bedroom that led to a balcony that over looked the backyard.

“Ms. Dawson, I will take it. Tell the seller I will pay the asking price. I should be able to get a cashier's check for the full price in a few days.” Said Liz
“The full price?!”
“Ms. Dawson, you do know who my ex husband is right?”
“Yes.”
“Let's just say that the allowance I was given while married was more money then I knew what to do with. My parents are both working class, in the middle class range. I was taught that it is better to save money for when you really needed rather then spend every penny right away and live paycheck to paycheck.”
“I will call the owner right now to see if they will take it.”

Ten minutes later Liz was driving to the bank to make arrangements for the check for the house. It would take until the next day to get the check due to the amount and the bank manger having to approve it. But that was fine. Once she had the house Liz was planning on trading in her BMW for a more family friendly car.

Liz walked into Serena and Kyle's apartment to see Serena glaring at her.

“Where the hell have you been?” asked Serena
“Rena relax. I told you I was going to look at a place today.” Said Liz
“Yeah, I didn't expect you to be gone nearly four hours!”
“Well, it was like twenty minutes away.”
“Twenty minutes away? I thought you were going to stay near by.”
“I found a great house. I went to look at it and I love it. I am buying it. Flat out no mortgage.”
“Really how much is it going to cost you?”
“About $325,000.”
“Is it tiny?”
“No. Come here I will show you on the computer.”

Liz brought up the listing that she had bookmarked earlier and showed Serena the photos of the house. Liz noticed that the site had updated that it was sale pending. Serena smiled at her friend.

“That is beautiful! I want one just like it.” Said Serena
“Well I will let you know if any of the ones near it go up for sale.”
“That would be great. I have my trust fund that I can use to help pay for it.”
“Would Kyle be ok with that?”
“Yeah. He said if I find a house I like then it would be ok to raid my trust fund.”
“Kyle really is a good guy.”
“He is. I really love him.”
“I am glad you are happy Rena.”
“So anything going on with you and Max?”
“We are friends. Just really good friends. Oh uh, your father and brother are trying to cut some kind of deal.”
“Them wanting a deal doesn't surprise me. Most likely want to walk.”
“Yeah but that won't happen. The US attorney won't go for that. But they very well could get a reduced sentence if what they give the government pans out.”
“Meaning they could get out of prison sometime in the future.”
“Yeah. But not for a long time.”
“Liz, if you love Max why did you marry James?”
“Rena, I don't really want to talk about it.”

Serena just nodded. She knew not to push.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 30 8/20/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Love the way Liz described the outside of the house. Also love how Liz is thinking of having her family coming to visit her. So glad Liz is getting the house. Love the way the house was described inside. I want a house like that. Serena is so protective of Liz. Wow that was quick how the house went from sale to pending in a matter of minutes. So glad that Serena loves the house. Hopefully Serena and Kyle will be able to move close to Liz and her baby. Oh no I'm hoping James and his father stay in prison for the rest of their lives. Hopefully Liz will tell Serena about why she married James if she was still in love with Max. Hoping Max and Liz will have a chance to talk really soon.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It appears that Liz has found a perfect new home.
Would be nice if Serena and Kyle could move close to her too.

Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Of course Liz is going to want her family and friends visit. Actually it was the matter of hours that house went to sale pending. James and his father aren't going to walk. They will spend a long time in prison.

Carolyn Liz has found the perfect home. Oh I think it would be a safe bet that Serena and Kyle will be able to move very close to Liz.

Part 31

One Week later

Liz pulled her BMW into the parking lot of a Jeep Dealership. She already knew that she wanted a Jeep Compass. She headed over and began looking at a midnight blue one. She was only looking for a minute when a salesman came over to her. Liz hid a smile knowing that he was going to try and get her to get the new model that had just come out rather than this one that was the current year model and been out a year. He was also going to try and get her to buy all kinds of extras not included in the standard model.

“Why hello little lady. My name is John Shipman. They call me honest John. Is there something I can help you with?”

Liz resisted the urge to roll her eyes. If there was one thing her dad taught her it was that car salesman like to take advantage of people. Women who didn't do their homework on the car they wanted were the easiest pray. But Liz was not going to be this weasel’s pray.

“Yes, when I walked up and started to look I noticed that there is a tiny chip in the paint by the rear passenger wheel well.”

“Honest" John came around and looked.

“Well you seem to be right. Now I can have the boys in the shop touch that right up and you could have it in about a week.”

Liz, raised an eyebrow knowing that if the paint was on site it would take less than ten minutes to fix and it would be ready in the morning.

“Mr. Shipman, I know you see me as an easy mark. But I am far from stupid. That touch up will take at most five minutes to fix. Though I would be willing to take it with the chip. So let's go for a test drive and if I like the way it handles we can talk about how much to take off the price for the chip. Something that I could get fix at a number of shops in the Dallas/Fort Worth area if I don't just get the paint myself to fix it. I actually have a friend that worked in an auto shop in high school. He would fix it for pizza and beer for me.”

John Shipman realized fast that this was not a woman that didn't know what she was talking about. He also knew that he was not going to get her to go for the new model that had arrived a few days ago.

“Oh and I have a car that I will be trading in. That BMW over there.” Said Liz

Liz watched as the man who called himself “Honest John" looked at her car causing his jaw to drop.

“Before you think you can con me, I know what the value of that car is. I know what I should get for the trade in. You see me as a young woman. The kind you eat for lunch. But let me tell you something Mr. Shipman. I am not the guppy in this lake. I am a shark in the ocean. I am the woman that is not afraid to take on the two top executives of Bower oil and expose them for the traitors they are. Now get the fob for this car and let me test drive it. Then we will talk are we clear?”

John just nodded. He knew about the arrests of the two Bowers. He had also heard the rumors that it was the younger Bower's wife that took them down. He had no doubt in his mind that if she didn't get the price she wanted that she would go above his head and destroy his career.

Sean sat in his pick up truck watching the Crashdown from across the street. He smiled as the young teen girl sat at the counter talking to Mr. Parker. The girl was turning out to be a beauty, nearly as beautiful as her cousin, the only bitch that had denied him what he always got from a girl. He had, sex for the first time at fourteen. He had since lost track of the number of girls he had fucked. Not that he cared. He only cared about the one he didn't get. Hell he remembered when he was sixteen and was staying with his old man for a couple weeks back in Texas. He got invited to a party where he not only pop some rich chick's cherry but road her harder than any bitch before or since. It helped that she was not only drunk but high. It had been ten years and he never forgot how that redheaded bitch made him feel. He still spied on her from time to time it made it easy seeing she was friends with Liz Parker. Well the now ex sister in law of Liz Parker really, the only member of the Bower family Liz would speak to. But soon he would take the girl and then go after Liz and finally bury his dick deep inside of her, she would do it willingly of course. All he would have to do is remind her what he would do to her sweet innocent cousin.

Michael looked out the window of the Crashdown. He knew that truck. He also knew who was sitting in it. That bastard knew he could never set foot in the diner. But what Sean DeLuca wanted he didn't know. His phone notified him of a text.

Keep an eye on Cait. I know why Liz broke up with me. Sean made threats against the kid. Call you later to tell you more. Max

Michael looked at the young teen. The girl they had all called Liz's lost puppy.

On it. typed Michael hitting send.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 31 8/23/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Love it......"honest John" never knew what hit him at the car lot.
We learned more about Serena's history........that sorry Sean.
And thank goodness Micheal got the text from Max just in time.....
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 31 8/23/19

Carolyn No "honest John" never knew what hit him. Yes more about Serena's past comes out. Sean just seems to around to cause trouble. Michael did get Max's text just in time.

Part 32

Serena walked into her apartment after work to see Liz curled up on the couch using Max as a pillow. She was going to miss Liz when she moved out in about a week. Liz had gone furniture shopping the day before after buying her new car. While Serena knew Liz never cared about shopping or spending money she wasn't having a problem spending money she got in the settlement from her divorce. Serena smiled at Max who had been watching Liz with love in his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” asked Serena softly not wanting to wake Liz.
“Liz and I had lunch, like we did after her appointment a few days ago. She invited me to come back here to watch a movie. She fell to sleep half an hour ago.”
“Stick around for dinner. I'm going to order pizza and a salad.”
“Sure. We had Chinese for lunch.”
“Max, just promise me one thing. Don't hurt her. Because if you do I will have no problem cutting you out of my life. You will just be a doctor I work with. Liz is my best friend. The first real friend I have ever had.”
“Rena, I love Liz. If I do hurt her I will let you do whatever you want to me.” Said Max
“Very good. How about you wake sleeping beauty and find out if I need to order her, her own pizza. Last time I did. She wanted pineapple, jelopeñeos, BBQ chicken and black olives with ranch on the side. She then dipped her pizza in the ranch.”

Max glanced down at Liz who had woken up and was smiling up at him while he looked a little green.

“That sounds great Rena, oh but have them add anchovies and feta cheese too along with the regular pizza cheese.” Said Liz

Serena tried not to gag.

“Oh yeah do we have hot sauce? If we don't ask for a side of the buffalo wing sauce.” Said Liz
“Will a small be enough for you?” asked Serena
“Perfect.”
“Great.”

Serena headed into her room to place the order and change. Kyle walked in five minutes later and noticed Max looking a little green.

“Craving Liz?” asked Kyle
“Yeah. Don't worry Rena is getting me my own pizza.” Said Liz
“Good. I'm going to change.” Said Kyle

Max looked at Liz with a raised eyebrow.

“The other day Kyle stole a bite of my ice cream sundae. He was surprised because it was chocolate, with strawberries, yellow banana, marshmallows, pickles whip cream and cherries.”
“Liz, that sounds gross.”
“It was good.”
“No it wasn't Liz! It was the grossest thing I ever put in my mouth!” said Kyle
“Max don't listen to Kyle. If you remember in high school he use to have beer bashes and then ate that failed attempt at some casserole your mom got out of that Martha Stewart magazine Isabel got for her.”
“Not even Mrs. Evans failed attempts at cooking are as bad as the sundae was.” Said Kyle

Liz stuck her tongue out at him. Max couldn't help smiling it was good to see Liz having fun again.

Sean started his truck up when he saw the sheriff department SUV pull up behind him. He let out a curse when the sheriff himself walked up to the driver side window. Sean rolled down the window and smiled at the man married to his aunt.

“Sean.” Said Valenti
“Hey Uncle Jim.” Said Sean
“I told you that you are to never call me that. You know that you are not welcome anywhere near the Crashdown. In fact I happen to know that if Mr. Parker were to catch you out here he will have no problem getting out his shot gun. I believe he chased you out of the diner in the past with it. I believe it was not long after you left Liz at Buckley Point. Liz doesn't know that her father knows what you did that night. That you left her there all because she didn't want to have sex.”
“That was a miss understanding.”
“Like the one where you threatened that young lady at the counter to make Liz beak up with Max Evans?”
“I didn't do that.”
You must think I am stupid. But I am not. A couple people heard you threaten Caitlin's life. No I will not tell you who. But know that girl will never be left alone. She will always have someone watching her. Now get out of my town or I will find something to charge you with.”

Sean just nodded knowing he had to leave for now. Valenti stepped back and watched Sean drive off. He then headed for the Crashdown and went in. He nodded at Michael and took a seat next to the young teenage niece of his best friend.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 32 8/24/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

That pizza order made me turn green too.........
Glad to see Valenti also protecting Cait against Sean.
Love how Liz and Max are slowly developing a great relationship and future together.
Great part!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 32 8/24/19

Carolyn Of course Valenti is watching out for Cait. Max and Liz are moving slow in her relationship. But it is moving in the right direction.

Part 33

Liz parked her new jeep in the parking lot behind the Crashdown. She had felt bad for missing Caitlin's birthday two weeks ago. But between her doctor appointment and buying her new home she couldn't get away. But now that everything was taken care of including the fact she will never have to see James or his father again. They had both gotten deals that would keep them locked up for no less then 50 years, unless they died anyway. Which was possible for her ex father in law. Liz grabbed her bag and the wrapped gift that was a late birthday present for Caitlin. Liz walked in the back door and found herself wrapped in a bear hug by Michael.

“Mikie breathing is becoming an issue.” Said Liz
“Sorry just happy you are free of that bastard.” Said Michael
“Me too. So how is Maria really feeling? When I talked to her she clams everything is good. But I know better.”
“She is having a hard time of it. The morning sickness has been bad the last week or so. I actually had to take her yesterday to the hospital to be treated for dehydration. How about you?”
“It hasn't been that bad. But I think I have been grossing Serena and Kyle out with my cravings.”
“This morning I caught Maria eating dill pickles and oatmeal with chocolate sauce.”
“That actually sounds good.”
“Only another pregnant chick would agree with that.”
“You and Maria will have to come down and see my new house.”
“New house?”
“Yeah. I can't keep living in Kyle and Serena's guest room forever.”
“True. Now give me that bag and I will help you take it upstairs.”
“You really have changed since high school. I like it.”
“Yeah well I wouldn't have graduated if not for you. By the way I have been watching out for Caitlin.”
“Thanks. I am a little worried about her. I know for a fact that Sean still pops up from time to time.”
“What did that asshole do to you? I mean besides the worse kept secret of leaving you up at Buckley Point when you refused to have sex with him. Not that I blame you for that. Liz, when he has been in town he hasn't done a thing to help Pam Troy out with those kids of his.”
“Maria, told me about that.”
“Pam's parents don't help. She was pregnant when we graduated high school.”
“I'm not surprised by that.”
“Liz, remember back when we were fourteen? Sean went to spend part of the summer with his dad in Texas. He came back bragging about fucking some rich chick. Liz, I remember Kyle telling me that when Serena was fourteen she had a lot of problems due to her parents.”
“Yeah she did. She smoked, used pot and drank. She also started to have meaningless sex. Oh my god you think Sean took advantage of her and got her to have sex with him!”
“Yeah.”
“Michael, she was so messed up back then. It took her nearly being killed in a car accident to get her life back together. It would make so much since that creep you fucked up my life fucked up hers too.”
“Liz, does my asshole cousin have anything to due with you breaking up with the perfect man for you by the name of Max Evans?” asked Maria walking in.

Liz looked at her best friend and nodded.

Caitlin finished packing her backpack and closed her locker. She smiled when she felt a soft kiss on her neck. She turned to face her sort of boyfriend. David Goldman had been the first friend she had made when she had started at Roswell Northern Middle school after moving in with her Aunt and Uncle. While she was an only child he was the youngest of seven. In fact his older sister Julie had been a near behind Liz in school.

“Hey Cait.”
“Hi Dave.”
“How about I walk you home?”
“Sounds good. You know my Uncle Jeff doesn't want me to date yet.”
“That's cool. I mean I like spending time with you.”
“I like spending time with you too. Besides I think my cousin Liz is coming to into town.”
“Julie always liked Liz. Liz was always nice to me too.”
“Liz has never treated me like I was a pest. She missed my birthday a couple weeks ago. But called and said she would bring me a present soon.”
“Do you know what she got you?”
“Well she knows that I am a big fan of Justin Verlander. He use to pitch for the Detroit Tigers. Now he is with the Houston Astros.”
“Cait, I am a huge Astros fan. I couldn't believe it when I heard about that trade. But I love the Tigers too. They had a first baseman named Hank Greenberg who gave up some of his prime playing years to serve in WWII. He also became the first Jewish born player to be elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown New York.”
“That is something important to you. You being a baseball player who is Jewish.”
“Yeah. Cait, you know that I don't care that you aren't Jewish.”
“Just like I don't care that you aren't Christian. But next year if you and I are still close I would like it if I could come to your family's satyr. I don't know a lot about it. But I do want to learn.”
“I would like that.”

The two teens headed out of the school to walk the six blocks to the Crashdown.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 33 8/25/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Michael really has changed since high school......all for the better.
I think Liz and Maria are going to have fun being pregnant together.......
Liz is so lucky to be far away from James and his family now (except Serena that is) and I hope she is as safe as she feels like.
We do need to watch out for Cait....
Thanks