In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 33 8/25/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Finally caught up after a weekend away. Looking forward to the next part.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 33 8/25/19

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Michael has changed for the better. Don't forget Isabel is also pregnant! Don't worry I have a feeling Cait is going to be ok. She does have her "boyfriend" to watch out for her.

RoswellFan68 Welcome back!

Part 34

Liz sat on the couch in her parents apartment drink a cup of tea her mom had made for her.

“So mom what is going on?” asked Liz
“Nothing.”
“Then why isn't Cait home from school. She knows I am coming.”
“She will be here soon. Most likely she is with her boyfriend.”
“What boyfriend? Why hasn't she told me about a boyfriend?”
“Because Liz, I don't have a boyfriend. Well not really anyway.” Said Cait walking in.
“David didn't want to come up?” asked Nancy
“He had to get home. He has to get a few things done before dinner. Things that he can't do until Sunday morning other wise.” Said Cait
“David?” asked Liz with a raised eyebrow
“David Goldman, he's a friend.” Said Cait
“Why is that name familiar?” asked Liz
“His sister was a year behind you in school.” Said Nancy
“Julie's baby brother?”
“I wouldn't call him that to his face Liz.” Said Cait
“Be nice or you won't get your birthday present.” Said Liz
“What did you get me?” asked Cait

Liz handed the wrapped gift over to her cousin. Cait ripped the paper off the box and opened it. Inside she found a black leather jacket. She had wanted one since she was six and met Liz's boyfriend Max who had one.

“Thank you Liz! I love it!” said Cait
“Well try it on. Let's make sure it fits. You look about the same size as me. Well when I am not pregnant anyway so I bought one that I can normally wear.” Said Liz

Cait put on the jacket and Liz smiled when she saw it was a perfect fit.

“Looks great. Now how about I show you some pictures of my house?” said Liz
“You bought a house?” asked Cait
“Yeah and I will have one of the bedrooms painted for you.”
“Really?” asked Cait
“Caity, I want you to visit me. I love you. I want you to be in my baby's life. But you have to know you aren't going to be referred to as my cousin. You are going to be my baby's aunt.”
“You want me to be the baby's aunt?”
“Yeah. Maria, Isabel and my friend Serena are also aunts. Well Serena is an aunt for real. But yeah. Alex, Kyle and Michael will be uncles.”
“What about Max, Liz? He won't be an uncle?” asked Nancy
“Mom, Max is going to have a more important roll.” Said Liz softly
“He is going to take on the roll of father isn't he?” asked Nancy
“Yes if he is willing. Mom, I never stopped loving Max. I will explain later what happened between him and me.”
“Ok honey. Let's see this house you bought.”

Liz pulled the pictures of her house out of her purse and showed them to her mom and Cait.

Serena directed the paramedics bringing a badly beaten six year old girl into an exam room in the ER. Max followed her as she headed into the room. The paramedics told them about the girl who's name was Gina. Her foster parents had been arrested the foster father was being charged with child abuse and endangering the welfare of a child. The foster mother who it seemed turned a blind eye was charged with endangering the welfare of a child. Neither would ever foster another child. Serena smiled at the little girl.

“Gina, sweetie my name is Serena. I know you hurt and are scared. But my friend Dr. Max needs to touch you so he can make you better. I will be right here helping him. Will you let Dr. Max help you?”

The little girl nodded. Serena very gently took Gina's shirt off and had trouble keeping her temper under control. Not only was the little girl's arms and face beaten but there were small gashes and bruises covering her back and chest and stomach. The gashes looked to be cuts from a belt buckle. She took the camera and took pictures of the beating the small girl had been through making sure she had clear pictures of the gashes. She let out a curse in what Max thought was German when she saw the bruise in the shape of a boot print. Max very gently examined the girl. He noticed her wheezing when he asked her to take a deep breath. Max ordered several tests and x-rays. He then asked Serena to step outside the room.

“Rena, have you noticed the blood on her underwear?” asked Max
“Yes, are you thinking that she was sexually assaulted? Because I sure am.”
“Yes. But I don't think she will tell me. She is really scared of me.”
“I will talk to her. We can do an exam after we sedate her for the MRI and x-rays.”

Max nodded. He then let Serena go back in alone. But stayed near the door.

“Gina, I need you to tell me did someone touch you in your private area?” asked Serena

The little girl nodded.

“Was it your foster dad?”

Gina shook her head.”

“Who was it? Your foster mom?”

Gina shook her head again.

“Who was it that hurt you there? I need to know so that the police can make sure they don't hurt anyone else like that.”
“Eddie.”
“Who is Eddie?”
“He live with us. He fifteen. He made me touch his boy part. He wanted me to put it in my mouth.”

Serena felt sick to her stomach. She could see Max was angry that some teenage boy would do something like that. Serena told Gina that she would be right back. Max could see the discuss and anger in Serena's eyes.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 34 8/27/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I think Max is ready to be a father. That poor girl. Hopefully they will find her a good family.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Cait has a boyfriend......that's a good thing.
It appears that all of the aunt, uncle and father rolls have been determined in Liz's baby's life.
Can't wait until Max and Liz talk about the future together.
Poor little Gina.....what a tragedy.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

RoswellFan68 Max most likely is ready to be a father. But he doesn't know yet that Liz wants him to be a father to her baby. Yes poor Gina. But don't worry to much about her she will find a loving home before you know it.

Carolyn Well if you listen to Cait, David isn't her boyfriend just a friend. But everyone knows better. Yes all the aunt, uncle and the father rolls are being determined by Liz. Yes poor Gina but help is on the way.

Part 35

Liz headed into her old bedroom and smiled. Cait had put her own personal touches to the room. Liz found a book on veterinary medicine on the desk.

“I want to be a vet.” Said Cait softly.
“You have always loved animals.” Said Liz
“Yeah. Uh Liz what is with your friends acting so over protective of me? I mean Michael, is always watching everything like he is watching for trouble.”

Liz sighed. She knew Cait was too smart not to notice that Michael was acting like an over grown guard dog.

“Cait, it has to do with the reason I broke up with Max all those years ago. Someone who I think could be dangerous made some threats to you. I couldn't risk you getting hurt. You were just a kid back then.”
“So you asked Michael, and Alex to keep an eye on me.”
“Well I told Max and Kyle. They asked Michael, and Sheriff Valenti to keep an eye out for this guy. One of them most likely told Alex. If Maria and Isabel know they would have heard from their husbands and be watching out for you too.”
“You aren't telling your parents are you?”
“This guy won't be coming into the Crashdown. Last time he did my dad pulled a shot gun on him.”
“Ok.”
“Now tell me what is going on with you and David?”
“Nothing. We are just friends.”
“I said that once about Max. He turned out to be the love of my life.”
“So why did you marry that jerk?”
“It's complicated.”
“Only because you are making it that way.”
“When I met James it had been only a couple weeks since I broke up with that cheating asshole Zack. I was studying in an off campus coffee shop that a lot of students hung out at. It started to pour and James asked if he could sit with me because it was crowded to wait until the rain let up. We talked and he asked me out. I agreed. We went out for a year and he treated me like a princess. I had gone out with a couple guys after Max but they only wanted me to be a notch on their bed post. James wasn't like that. But I know that he only wanted me because of how I look. He felt he would get good looking kids from me. I thought I was falling in love with him. He never put any pressure on me to have sex. He reminded me of Max that way. It wasn't until a month before the wedding that he and I had sex. Cait, I want you to promise me something.”
“What is it?”
“I want you to promise me that you will be sure of your feelings. That you will never let anyone put pressure on you to have sex. You can never take back your first time. Find someone who truly loves you and you love. Someone that will treat you as if you are the only woman in the world. James did treat me like that at first. But as time went on he stopped treating me like that. I had to have sex with him weather I wanted it or not.”
“I promise. Liz, I am not ready to have sex. But I want to know does it hurt the first time?”
“A little. But it is worth it if it is with the right person.”
“Liz, how do you know if it is the right person?”
“Cait, I am going to give you some advice Grandma Claudia gave me when I was about your age. Follow your heart, listen to it. You will know.”
“Max, was the right one for you wasn't he?”
“Cait, I am not going to talk about my love life with you.”
“You and Max are together aren't you?”
“Caitlin Shannon Taylor! That is none of your business.”

Caitlin laughed and smiled as Liz turned pink.

Alex smiled as he hung up the phone. He then walked into his son's room where he found Isabel reading to him.

“You up for company for lunch tomorrow?” asked Isabel
“Depends on who it is.”
“Well if I were a betting man I would call her your future sister in law.”
“Liz is in town?”
“Yeah she arrived today. She said that you did invite her through Max.”
“I did. I think that will be fine. She will get to meet this guy.”
“Yeah. I'll text her back. Noon?”
“That's fine. Find out if there is anything she can't eat right now. With her being pregnant I don't want to fix anything that makes her sick.”
“Well, you won't eat any kind of fish. Maria won't eat garlic.”
“Which is a pain for her seeing she loves spaghetti.”
“True.”
“Alex, I really do hope Liz and Max end up together.”
“Until recently I never knew what happened to between them.”
“I have known since Liz broke up with him. I over heard Maria's scumbag cousin make threats against Caitlin.”
“The one person that Liz will protect even at the expense of her own happiness.”
“I gained a new respect for Liz that day. Michael told me that Sean is lurking around town.”
“Well everyone is watching out for the kid. Though the past couple weeks she never seems to be alone after school. Julie Goldman's baby brother has been hanging around her.”
“David is no baby Alex.”
“I know.”

They put their son in his bed and kissed him goodnight.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 35 8/29/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Cait is so lucky to have so many people caring for her.
The sex-talk with Liz went well until Liz was called out for being with Max.
Can't wait for lunch with Isabel and Alex......
Great part
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

oops....double post...
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Carolyn Yes Cait is very lucky to have so many people that care about her. Yes the sex talk was going well until it turned to Liz and her relationship with Max.

Part 36

Kyle held Serena as she slept. Tear tracks on her face. He knew it had been a rough day for her. Hell it had been a rough day for him. He had wanted to bust the bastard’s head in when he saw the state of the little girl. That punk kid better hope he isn't the one that finds him. Because if he is the one that finds him, Kyle knew he would beat the crap out of him. Then throw him in a cell with the biggest baddest criminals he can find. What not everyone knew was there is a code with criminals. If you are male you don't harm women and you most definitely never hurt a kid. He felt Serena stir in his arms. He held her and kissed her gently.

“Kyle?”
“Right here darling.”
“I need you to make love to me.”
“Are you sure? You know that you aren't on birth control right now. You had to go off it because of that medication you had to go on because of that infection you were exposed to a couple weeks ago. We used the last condom earlier.”
“Kyle, I love you. I love you more then I thought possible if I get pregnant then I will love that baby. Not because I have to. But because the baby would be created out of our love. Until I met you I never even knew what love was. My father never gave a damn about me. My mother only spoke to me to tell me I am a disappointment. While James was a good brother a long time ago. He hasn't given a damn about me for a long time. The only time he spoke to me was after he beat the crap out of Liz to take her to the hospital if needed. But you are different. You just let me be me. You don't care about power or money even though you know I have nearly ten million dollars in my name.”
“Rena, you know that if you want to do this then I will do it. I know that is the one thing you hate about your job. Treating kids that have been abused like this.”
“Yeah. Kyle, I really need this.”

Kyle kissed her and pulled the long t-shirt she was sleeping in over her head. He kissed her and it wasn't long before they were making love. It was slow and passionate. It was over an hour later that they fell to sleep still tangled together.

Liz smiled when she looked at her phone after it rang. She answered as she went into Cait's bedroom.

“Hey.” Said Liz
“Hey Liz.”

Liz noticed that his voice wasn't like it normally was. He normally sounded warm and happy. But right now he sounded sad and broken.

“Max what is wrong?”
“Sometimes I hate working in the ER.”
“What happened?
“A little six year old girl was brought in to the ER today. She had been beaten by her foster parents and some teenage punk that lived in that house he, he……”
“What did he do Max?”
“He sexually assaulted her.” Said Max crying
“Oh my god. Max, I already know that she isn't going to be ok. But will she recover physically?”
“Yeah. Liz, Serena was helping me treat her. Serena nearly got sick when she found out.”
“Max, I am in Roswell for about a week. But give me the little girl's name. I have a few connections to child protective services. I also know a couple that has been trying to adopt or at least foster for a couple years. They are in their mid thirties. They just want a child.”
“Liz, this little girl will not trust easy. She was scared of me.”
“I understand. Both Emily and Brian are good people.”
“Emily and Brian?”
“Gilcrest. I met them four years ago. Brian works as a fourth grade teacher and Emily owns a bakery. A very popular bakery in the rich and powerful community.”
“Those Gilcrest? As in Gilcrest bakery?”
“Yeah. Why?”
“Well uh for Christmas Serena gave me a gift card for them. The blackberry pie, I hate to say it was even better than the one at the Chrashdown.”
“Don't ever let Maria's mom know that. My dad gets all his pies from her.”
“I won't. So you are going to pull strings to try and get them approved for this little girl.”
“Yes. Now give me the girl's name.”
“Gina Cruz.”
“I will let you know what I find out.”
“Thanks Liz.”
“Anytime. Oh and uh Max when I get back how about we go on a date?”
“You sure you are ready for that?”
“Only with you. I love you Max.”
“Love you always Liz.”

They hung up and Liz got ready for bed.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 36 8/31/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Kyle is just what Serena needs........he's so good to her.
Loved that Max reached out to Liz with his concern regarding a patient.
Can't wait for Liz to go home, and have that date with Max!
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 36 8/31/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Glad that Gina has a possible family. If Serena and Kyle have a baby then it will be close in age to it's cousin.