Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Epilogue Complete 4/13/19

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 56 3/15/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Liz certainly did give Jack good advice. He didn't realize so many people knew the truth but they are kind and caring family members.
Loved it when Liz told Jack not to hit on Kyle. LOL
So Max has already asked the parents for Liz's hand in marriage. She is going to be one happy girl after Serena's wedding.
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I wonder when Max asked the Parkers about marrying Liz. It probably already has the ring purchased as well. What happened to Jeff's brother? The rest of his family turned out okay.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

RoswellFan68 wrote:I wonder when Max asked the Parkers about marrying Liz. It probably already has the ring purchased as well. What happened to Jeff's brother? The rest of his family turned out okay.
All I can say is I very much agree with Roswell Fan68.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Liz did give Jack good advice and he learned that he has support of some of his family. Liz will be very happy after Serena's wedding. But a little girl might be happier.

RoswellFan68 What happened to Jeff's brother may come out later. About Max having that ring.........

L-J-L 76 Thanks.

Part 57

Two months later

“Max, it is three days before my wedding you damn better have a good reason for wanting to meet me at a jewelry store.” Demanded Serena walking up to him.
“Well after you and Kyle head off on your honeymoon to Hawaii I plan to ask Liz to marry me.”
“I guess that is a good reason. Luckily I had to come pick up mine and Kyle's wedding rings anyway. So let's see what you are thinking.”

Max followed Serena into the store. While she went to the counter to pick up her rings he headed over to the display case to look at engagement rings.

“Max Evans what brings you in today?”

Max looked up to see Stacey Anderson from high school.

“Stacey, hi. Uh I am looking for an engagement ring.” Said Max
“Who is the lucky lady to take you off the market?”
“Stacey that would be my sister.” Said Serena
“Damn! It is about time these two got their heads out of their asses to see what everyone else already knew.” Said Stacey
“I know. I don't understand what took them so long.” Said Serena
“Uh ladies I am standing right here you know.”
“Oh please, like if Liz hadn't been in love with you for like ever she would have let you keep coming around Ashlee.”
“I was uh thinking either white gold or platinum.” Said Max
“Both good choices. Liz doesn't like yellow gold.” Said Serena

Stacey pulled out two trays of rings for Max to look at. Little did Max know Liz had been in a week ago looking at the rings so Stacey knew which ones Liz liked best. Liz bought just a new pair of earrings for Serena's wedding. Stacey looked at Serena as they watched Max stare at the rings.

“So Max do you see any that look good?” asked Stacey
“Yeah these two.”

Max pointed to one that had a nearly two carats heart cut diamond in a platinum ban and setting. The other was also a platinum ban and setting was only one and a half carats and a pear shape cut. Stacey knew the heart shaped one had been the one Liz loved. She winked at Serena and mouthed “Heart" at her. Serena nodded and looked closely at the rings.

“Max, which one do you like best?” asked Serena
“The heart. It's different. Liz should have something as unique as her.” Said Max
“You do realize that you just called Liz unique to her twin right?” said Stacey
“We aren't identical you know Stacey.” Said Serena
“I know.”
“Besides even identical twins are unique. They may look the same, but they are very different people.” Said Max
“So you want the heart shaped one?” asked Stacey
“I think that is the way to go Max.” added Serena
“Yeah. Uh Rena, I don't know her ring size.”
“7 and a half. She and I do wear the same size rings.”
“Well the good news is this one here is a 7 and a half. Let me get a box and clean it up. That way when you are ready it will look great.” Said Stacey

Ten minutes later Max signed the credit card slip and headed out of the store with the ring in his jacket pocket.

Michael sighed as he paced with his son in his arms. At nearly four months old the baby was his pride and joy. Maria was getting ready for a girls night at Liz and Taylor's place. He was going out with the guys for the night while little Nathan Michael was going to spend the night with his doting grandma Amy and Grandpa Jim.

“Michael, has he settled down yet?” asked Maria
“Yeah. You ready?”
“Yeah. So who is going to be at the guys thing tonight?”
“Besides Kyle you mean?”
“Yes Michael!”
“Max, Alex, Ryan and I think Serena's cousins. Though from what I hear Junior and Robert can be kind of jerks at times. Oh and Jack's boyfriend Aaron.”
“You be nice to Jack and Aaron do you understand me?”
“I am nice! I don't get why you think I can't be nice!”
“It's just Jack’s parents have not taken him coming out very well. His mother is a real piece of work. She actually called Taylor a bastard to her face. Taylor was only ten at the time. Two days after her mom died.”
“Well you don't have to worry. I got no problem with Jack being gay.”
“Good. Come on I want to get Nathan to mom and Jim's.”

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 57 3/17/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Liz wss very sneaky by picking her ring. Glad Max had Serena and Stacy there to help. Even though Stacy already knew the ring Liz picked. So everyone has a party to go. Good thing the grandparents are there to help.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

So Liz had already been looking at rings?
She better act surprised when Max proposes.
Can't wait to see Ashlee's reaction to this news!
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

So Liz has been looking at rings.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

L-J-L 76 It is good that Serena and Stacey were there to steer Max in the right direction for the ring.

Carolyn Liz already knows that Max will ask her to marry him. She just doesn't know when. Oh I bet Ashlee will be very happy to get the daddy she wants.

RoswellFan68 Yes Liz has been looking at rings.

Part 58

Max walked into Cow Patties to see Kyle, Alex and Michael already there. He then spotted the Parker cousins sitting at two different table near his friends. He had never met Liz's cousins before but would know them anywhere. They looked a lot like Liz's father. The four guy sitting close to who he had to guess was Jack had to be Aaron. He was only guessing that seeing as they were holding hands and Aaron was kissing Jack.

“Max glad you could make it. The love birds over there are Jack Parker and his partner Aaron Jacobs. The two at the other table not looking happy about the PDAs are Steven Parker Jr. and Robert Parker.” Said Kyle
“What is wrong with Junior and Robert?” asked Max
“They don't approve of the fact that Jack is gay is my guess.” Said Kyle
“Well I am going to say hi to all of them.”

Max walked over to Jack's table first.

“Hi Jack right?” asked Max
“Yeah.” Said Jack
“Sorry we didn't get to meet a couple months ago when you were in town. I'm Max Evans, Liz's boyfriend.”
“Nice to meet you. You take care of Lizzie ok? Oh and don't hurt her. This is Aaron, my boyfriend.” Said Jack
“Nice to meet you Aaron.” Said Max
“It doesn't bother you that we are gay?” asked Aaron
“Why should it?” asked Max
“People in small towns like Roswell don't have a history of being open minded. Heck not everyone in New York is open minded.” Said Jack
“Look Liz accepts you for who you are so that is enough for me.”
“Thanks Max. You really are one of the good ones.” Said Jack

Max walked over to Junior and Robert.

“I'm Max the man that is in love with Liz. She loves me too by the way. So here is the deal you two will not cause Jack and Aaron any trouble. This is about Serena and Kyle. I promise you if you two or your parents do anything to ruin Serena's wedding for I can promise this will be the last family event you are a part of. Because you sure as hell won't be at mine and Liz's wedding.”
“Who said Liz will marry a hick doctor like you?” asked Junior
“Because I love her and her daughter. I want to be Ashlee's father.” Said Max
“You’re an idiot then. That kid is nothing but a bastard. My mother was right Liz should have gotten rid of the brat. I don't think Liz should have had an abortion or anything like that. But she should have given the brat up.” Said Junior
“You keep that opinion to yourself.” Said Max heading over to his friends.

Michael who had over heard the exchange glared at Steven Parker Jr. He might have to have a talk with the pigheaded rich boy.

Liz pulled her car up in front of the Crashdown. She got out and went to the back to help Ashlee out.

“Mommy why can't I be at Aunt Rena's party?” asked Ashlee
“This is a grown up party. You get to come to Aunt Rena and Uncle Kyle's wedding and be the flower girl.”
“I want you and Max to get married!”
“Ashlee, I know what you want. But that is mine and Max's decision. Now I want you to be good for grandma and grandpa do you understand me?”
“I be good mommy.”

Liz took Ashlee's hand and led her into the Crashdown. Liz smiled at Beth who was working before heading upstairs to her parents apartment to drop Ashlee off for the night.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 58 3/18/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I think Kyle should have asked the idiot cousins to leave. I'm really surprised that Max didn't resort to violence after the comments about Ashlee.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 58 3/18/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Let's hope Junior and Robert don't cause any problems at the wedding. Max appeared to set them straight.
Poor little Ashlee, she can't wait to have Max as her daddy. Serena's wedding can't get here soon enough.
Can't wait to see Ashlee as a flower girl.
Thanks