The Witness (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 36&Epilogue Complete 12/28/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Witness (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 31 12/23/16

Post by Natalie36 »

go get alex :)
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Witness (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 31 12/23/16

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Yes Isabel is going to save Alex. Some how I don't think things will end between Max and Liz once he is no longer her protector.

Natalie36 Isabel is on her way to Alex.

Part 32

Liz woke up and smiled. She had never dreamed that when she went into hiding that she would fall in love. She had stopped believing in love. But then a handsome police detective who was willing to call her on her bull shit came into her life. She snuggled closer to Max. He wrapped his arms tighter around her.

"Morning." He mummble into her hair.
"Morning." Said Liz

Liz pulled away only enough to roll over to face him. He gave her one of his lopsided smiles.

"Max, we need to talk." Said Liz
"Sure what's wrong?"
"We have made love a few times in recent days. First I don't regret it one bit. But we didn't use protection. I am not on birth control either. So I guess what I am getting at is am I at risk of getting anything other than possibly pregnant from you?"

Max smiled at her.

"Liz, if I thought that there was any way that you might get sick being with me, I never would have made love to you in the first place. I have been with only three other women besides you. I always used protection with them."
"That is good to know. You won't get anything from me either. I made sure that both Ryan and Jack used a condom."
"So what made you careless with me?"
"I'm not sure. Maybe because for the first time in my life I am listening to some advice that my grandmother gave me a long time ago. She told Serena the same thing. That we should follow our hearts. To listen to them."
"I'm glad you did. I love you Liz Parker."
"And I love you Max Evans."

They kissed again and soon they were making love again.

Kyle and Serena started to dress as they heard Max and Liz start at it again.

"Damn your cousin sure has a set of lugs on her." said Kyle.

Serena glared at him and the wacked him on the back of the head.

"Hey! What was that for?"
"Kyle, leave Liz alone. She is happier than I have seen her in a very long time."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Things have never been easy for Liz. Until Max started to share a bed with her she had nightmares nearly every night for the past twenty years."
"Damn, I never would have known that."
"Liz has to feel safe with Max. Safer than she has felt with anyone. Even me."

Kyle could see that Serena was hurt a little by that fact. Just then they heard Liz cry out in pleasure. Serena turned bright red at the sound of Liz's voice.

"What do you say we give them a little compilation?" Asked Kyle
"Good idea."

Michael and Jim Valenti pulled their snowmobiles to a stop at the top of the incline where the helicopter had spotted a truck buried in the snow. Michael climbed off and grabbed the rope. He tied one end of it around his waist and Jim took the other end wrapped it first around a tree and then his own waist. Michael then slowly made his way down. He reached the truck and uncovered the license plate. He pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and checked the plate with what was written on it.

"It's Kivar's truck Cap." Said Michael into the walkie talkie
"He still in there?" Asked Jim
"I'll check."

Michael slowly made his way to the driver's door. He used the small shovel he had to uncover the window. He looked inside and turned away right away. The man inside had part of strearing wheel imbedded into his chest and right through him and sticking through the back of the seat.

"Yeah Cap. He is in here. He is dead."
"You sure?"
"Well I am no expert but having a piece of metal impailed through his chest and being frozen and it looking like his left foot has been nearly cut off would most likely killed most people."
"OK. Get back up here. We will need to get a crew up here to pull the truck out."

Ten minutes later Michael reached the top.

"So what now?" Asked Michael
"You stay here and wait for the crew. I will got to Max's cabin and give them the good news that they can all go home." Said Jim

Michael smiled. This nightmare was now over.

Part 33

Max and Kyle jumped to their feet and pulled out their guns when they heard a snowmobile approaching the cabin.

"Liz, Serena get in the bedroom." Ordered Max

The girls did as they were told and the two men got ready to defend the girls. The snowmobile stopped and there was a knock on the door.

"Max! Kyle! It's ok." Yelled Jim

Max slowly opened the door to find Jim on the other side. Both Kyle and Max put their weapons down and let him in.

"It's ok girls." Called out Kyle

The girls came out of the bedroom wondering what was going on.

"What's going on Cap?" Asked Max
"It's over. Gomez and his whole crew have been arrested. The killer that was after Miss Parker is dead. Seems he thought he could drive up the mountain in the snow storm. Went off the road and crashed. Then a small avalanche came down on the truck." Said Jim
"It's really over?" Asked Liz
"Yes it's over." Said Jim
"Isn't that great Liz! We can go home!" Said Serena
"Yeah great. We should pack." Said Liz

Liz headed to the bedroom to start packing her things.

"Max, is everything OK? I thought she would be happy to go home." Said Jim
"I'm not sure. Are the roads passable?" Asked Max
"Yeah with yours and Kyle's SUVs just take it real slow." Said Jim

Max headed to the bedroom to talk to Liz while they packed.

"How did it all happen so fast dad?" Asked Kyle
"Gomez, took Alex Whitman and was forcing him to cover everything. Well Alex made it look like to Gomez and his crew that was doing. But he was also creating files to send to every law enforcement agency he could think of in the United States and Canada." Said Jim
"Very smart move." Said Serena
"Yes it is." Said Jim
"Serena go pack." Said Kyle
"Sure." Said Serena

Once Serena had gone to pack Jim glared at his son.

"Kyle, you and Max didn't get into relationships with them did you?" Asked Jim
"Dad, it's not what you think." Said Kyle
"Damn! Kyle, I sent you and Max with those two because I thought I could trust you to keep them safe. But you had to have sex with them didn't you?"
"Captain Valenti, don't be angry." Said Serena returning to the room.
"Ms. Ross, they were here to protect you." Said Jim
"Captain, I know that and they have protected us. Anything that may or may not have happened beyond that was by the choice of Liz and myself. In the less than three weeks here I have seen a change for the better in my cousin. Liz had closed herself off to everyone for a long time. She isn't any more. She smiles, she laughs and most of all the nightmares that have terrorized her for twenty years have stopped when she sleeps in Max's arms. She is no longer the scared little girl you found bidding in a closet after watching her parents murdered." Said Serena
"How did you know I was the one that found Liz?" Asked Jim
"I am have been five. But I do remember. You are older, so it took a while. But it came back to me." Said Serena

Serena then turned on her heel and went back to packing. Jim looked at his son.

"You would fall for a hot head wouldn't you?" Asked Jim
"Like father, like son. Though Amy and Maria are much hotter heads than Serena." Said Kyle
"True son."

TBC

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all those celebrating. Will be back Monday!!!!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Witness (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 32&33 12/24/16

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Bet everyone is relived that it is over....
will Liz and Serena and the guys miss that cozy little cabin??
It all worked out very well.
Thanks
Carolyn
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Thanks for 2 good chapters :D

Glad everyone is ok & the bad guys are locked up.

Merry Christmas!!
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Carolyn We will have to see if they miss their cozy mountain cabin.

SmileeUk Yes everyone is ok and the bad guys have all been caught.

Part 34

Isabel wrapped her arms around Alex after he had been checked by a doctor. He seemed to be in good health with very low vitamin D. But that could easily be taken care of. Once everything was squared away he and Isabel would be taking off for some time in the sun which would be the best medicine.

"I missed you so much Alex!" said Isabel
"Missed you too Izzy."
"I was so scared that I would lose you."
"Izzy I thought that I would never seen you again. It also made me realize that I need to find someone I was once friends with. I need to find her and try to fix our friendship."
"Who?"
"No one you know. Her name is Liz Parker."
"Well it will be easy to find her. I talked with Maria DeLuca, one of the local cops. She told me my brother and her stepbrother are protecting her and her cousin. Liz, apparently witnessed a murder by one of Gomez's top hitmen."
"God! She saw the same thing as a five year old. Her own parents."
"Maybe now that this nightmare has ended, she will find peace."
"Yeah, maybe love too. The guy she dated in high school was an asshole."
"Yeah I met him."
"I know. You scared the shit out of him. I though just bringing you up might make him wet himself."
"Well let's get you interviewed so we can go home."

Alex kissed Isabel and they headed off so he could give his statement.

Max walked into the bedroom to find Liz crying. He pulled her into his arms and held her.

"Liz nothing is going to change between us if you don't want it to. I love you."
"I love you Max. But things will change. We don't live together."
"We can if you want. I got a nice house."
"What about Serena?"
"Well if she doesn't move in with Kyle she can come too. I mean my house is kind of big."
"That's good to know."
"Now about what we were talking about earlier. It will be a little while before we know if you are pregnant. But I want you to know that I will be by your side the whole time. I will hold your hair back if you get morning sickness. I will go to the store at two in the morning to get you pickles and chocolate sauce if we are out and that is what you want. Or any other crazy thing. Most of all I will be right there holding your hand in the birthing room."
"Thank you. Until I met you I never even thought about having any kids. But I want to now. If I am not pregnant than we can keep trying until I am."
"Yes we can."
"I do have one request."
"What is that?"
"When we get back to the city. Back to our normal lives you take me on a real date."
"Of course. I was already planing on that. I also want you to meet my sister Isabel and my parents."
"I would like that."

Max smiled and pulled Liz into a passionate kiss.

"Maybe we can get a few more people to come over and we can play some more strip poker?"
"That might be fun. In fact I would love to see you play against my friend Michael. He thinks he is the best poker player ever."
"Maybe I won't play so nice with him and take his shorts too."
"You have an evil mind Liz Parker. But I still love you."
"Love you Max."

They kissed again unawear that Jim was watching them. He wiped tears from his eyes at how beautiful the love was between the two young people was.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Witness (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 34 12/26/16

Post by keepsmiling7 »

See, I thought they would miss that cozy little cabin.......but Max's big house sounds just fine. I foresee a happy ending for these two.
Thanks,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Witness (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 34 12/26/16

Carolyn Oh I think that things will be just fine between Max and Liz.

Part 35

Liz walked into the police station with Max's arm wrapped around her waist. She gave him a small smile. Behind them walked Kyle and Serena.

"Max!" Said a tall blond
"Hey Isabel. Missed you." Said Max letting Liz go to hug the woman.
"Missed you too little brother. Oh I found Alex."
"That's great. Isabel, this is Liz Parker. Liz my sister Isabel." Said Max
"Nice to meet you Isabel." Said Liz
"It is nice to finally meet you Liz. My boyfriend Alex has told me a lot about you." Said Isabel
"I know it can't be all good. Not with the way I treated him." Said Liz
"Actually Liz, I would never talk down about you. By the way you look great." Came a male voice

Liz turned to where the voice came from and looked at the man. Gone was the lanky teenager she remembered. Instead she saw a young man who had filled out nicely, though he was still on the lanky side.

"Alex?" Asked Liz
"Come here Lizzie." Said Alex opening his arms for her.

Liz pulled out of Max's warm and safe arms, and threw herself into her old friend's arms.

"Oh god Alex I missed you so much!" Said Liz crying
"Missed you too."
"Alex, I am so sorry I threw away our friendship! Will you please forgive me?" Said Liz
"Already done Lizzie."
"Thank you."
"I Love you like a sister Lizzie. By the way you looked cozy in Max's arms."
"I love him Alex. I have known him not even a month but I love him."
"Liz, you should know that Ryan Davis got caught up with Gomez. Not by choice."
"He finally fucked the wrong girl and got caught?"
"Yeah the big boss's daughter."
"Can't say that I am unhappy for Ryan. He really hurt me."
"Well Liz, if you stay with Max, and he tries anything just give him my name." Said Isabel
"What did you do Isabel?" Asked Max
"He is scared of me. I told him I was FBI after I got enough on him to know that he wouldn't rat me out to Gomez. Might have told him if anything happened to Alex, I would kill him." Said Isabel

Max just shook his head.

Two and half months later

Max followed Liz as she ran into the bathroom. He grabbed her hair and pulled it back just as she threw up for the fourth morning in a row. Held it tight in one hand while reaching onto the counter for the hair tie that he always made sure was there after the first morning Liz had become sick. He wrapped it around Liz's hair so that it was in a lose ponytail. He then grabbed a washcloth and ran it under the cold water and filled a cup with water. Liz stopped emptying her stomach flushed the toilet and sat back on her heels. Max handed her the cup of water and she took a sip rinsed her mouth out and spat it in the toilet. Max took the washcloth and gently wiped her face down while she drank the water slowly.

"Feeling better?" Asked Max

Liz nodded. She had moved in with him a few days after they came back to the city. Serena had moved in with Kyle. They had lost their tiny apartment while in hiding. But Jim had all their belonging packed up just in case. Well they had lost most of the furniture but it really hadn't been a big lost. Almost all of it had come from a second hand store. Only their beds had been bought new. But that had been back when they moved into the apartment right after high school.

"You still feel up to going to my parents tonight?"
"Yeah. Everyone will be there right?"
"Yes."
"Good, then we can tell them all at once."
"Just about the baby or the other thing too?"

Liz smiled as she looked at the ring on her left hand. The thin gold ban that held a small diamond.

"We should tell them both things." Said Liz
"Whatever you want sweetie."
"Max are you really happy about the baby?"
"Yes."
"You know next week we go for the ultrasound. That will tell them how far a long I am."
"Yeah. I know you got to be at least three months."
"That means it happened at the cabin."
"Is that a bad thing?"
"No it is not. What do you say we go back to bed and snuggle for a little while?"

Max just smiled and helped Liz off the floor and picked her up and carried her to their bed.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Witness (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 35 12/27/16

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow Alex and Liz finally made up and became friends again. Like Isabel she is so scary sometimes. Looks like Max kept his promise about being there for Liz when she is pregnant. It seem Max and Liz are married too. Can't wait for Max's parents and friends to find out.

L-J-L 76
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

yeah so happy for both of them
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Yes Alex and Liz are friends again. Isabel can be very scary! Max and Liz are having a baby. I'm not sure that Max and Liz are married YET!

Natalie36 :D

Part 36

Liz held Max's hand as they walked up to his parents house. She was nervous. She hadn't done anything like this before. They stopped at the door and Max leaned down and gave her a soft and sweet kiss.

"It will be OK. You already met my parents, and my mom loves you." Said Max
"I know."

Max knocked and a moment later the door opened. Max smiled at the teenage girl his parents had recently taken in. A girl that had been abused a lot most recently by Gomez and his men

"Hi Chrissy." Said Max
"Hi Max, come on in." Said Chrissy
"How are you doing Chrissy?" Asked Liz
"OK. Therapy is helping but it's hard." Said Chrissy
"It will take time. But, you are not as bad off as a lot of those other girls. You were freed before you were fully broken." Said Max
"I know." Said Chrissy
"Max, Liz, your here!" Said Diane Evans coming into the hall and hugging both of them.
"Hi mom." Said Max
"Hi Mrs. Evans." Said Liz
"Liz, I told call me Diane." Said Diane
"Sorry." Said Liz
"It's fine. Come on everyone else is here."

Max wrapped his arm Liz's waist and they followed Diane into the living room. Liz smiled when she saw Serena sitting on Kyle's lap. Isabel was sitting close to Alex. Jim was there too with his wife Amy. Maria and her boyfriend Michael were also there. All these people had become a family to Liz. Max's father Philip saw them and smiled.

"Can I get you two something to drink?" Asked Philip
"Uh I could I just have some orange juice?" Asked Liz
"Sure. Max?"
"Uh I'll have a cherry coke dad."

Philip nodded and went to the kitchen to get the drinks. Max and Liz sat on the sofa next to Isabel and Alex. Max keeping his arm wrapped around Liz.

"Well since everyone is here Liz and I have something to tell all you." Said Max
"What is it Liz?" Asked Serena
"Max asked me to marry him three days ago. I said yes." Said Liz

Serena got up and hugged her cousin.

"That's great!" Said Serena
"That isn't the only thing we have to tell you. Liz is pregnant. We are having a baby." Said Max

Isabel, Maria and Serena squealed at the news. Alex hugged Liz and whispered in her ear.

"Congregations, I just know you will be a great mom." Said Alex
"Thank you. But you know that my child is going to need their Uncle Alex in their life."

Diane waited her turn and hugged the young woman that had won her only son's heart.

"Welcome to the family Liz." Said Diane
"Thank you." Said Liz

They all sat down to dinner and enjoyed the rest of the day together.

Epilogue

Six months later

Liz looked down at the baby in her arms. Her beautiful baby girl with Max. Max had stepped out to tell their family about their new daughter. It had been four months since she married Max in a small private wedding in his parents backyard. Now they had a daughter that they created one night nine months ago in a snowy mountain cabin hiding from a killer.

"Hi sweetie it's mommy. You are so loved already. I hope that one day you understand how much you mean to me."

Max watched Liz with their daughter. His two girls. He knew that he got lucky to have Liz come into his life. He walked over to the bed and kissed each of them on their heads.

"Everyone sends their love. But we still need to come up with a name for our little angel." Said Max
"I know."
"Liz, are you OK?"
"Just tired. You know having a baby is a lot of work."
"Do you regret moving so fast in our relationship?"
"No. It felt right. Max never doubt that I love you. It was in a hospital room like this I met you."
"I remember."
"It scared me. That I felt something just seeing you."
"I will never forget finding you on the floor of that store. First I couldn't believe that you were alive with the blood you lost. But my next thought was that you were beautiful and I hoped you would pull through."
"Well I am tougher than I look."
"Yes, you are."
"Max, what do you think of Alexis Serena Evans for our daughter?"
"I think that it is perfect. Lexie for short?"
"Yeah."
"Hi Lexie, it's daddy. You are so beautiful just like your mommy. I am so glad that you got your mom's ears and not mine."
"I happen to like your ears Max. I hope that one day we have a son that looks just like you right down to those cute ears of yours."
"All I care about is that any more children we have are healthy."
"That is all I want too. I love you Max Evans."
"I love you too Liz Parker Evans."

THE END