Innocent Until Proven Guilty (AU,M/L,MATURE) Intro-Ch.4 03/25/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswell_Dreamer86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Innocent Until Proven Guilty (AU,M/L,MATURE) Intro-Ch.4 03/25/16

Post by Roswell_Dreamer86 »

Title: Innocent Until Proven Guilty
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell.
Rated: MATURE
Summary: What happens when someone you love is in trouble? How far would you go to protect them and prove their innocence, even if they might be guilty? How does one night affect the rest of your lives? Liz Evans soon finds her world turned upside down after finding out her husband, her high school sweetheart, had an one night stand that changed everything for her.
Couples: M/L (ALWAYS), Some M/T (in flashbacks), M/M, A/I
Written By: Roswell_Dreamer86

Introduction

Liz's POV

All I could do is stand there, staring down at the lifeless body at my feet. I hear my front door being busted in below me downstairs. It’s as if I was frozen, my feet refused to move while my brain screamed at me to run. I look down at my hands where I hold the knife…red. That’s all I see is red. Blood covering my white shirt and jeans but mostly my hands. The scuffling of feet gets closer to the bedroom door. How did things end up this way? Is all I can manage to think. My bedroom door gets kicked in and for the first time I manage to move.

I can hear the police screaming at me to drop my weapon. I have a weapon? I think to myself. I look at the knife then back at the police and then back down to the lifeless body bleeding out at my feet. All I hear next is the dropping of a knife and then police rushing over to me, yelling at me to drop to my knees. I feel the officers cold metal cuffs going around my wrist and that’s when everything hit me. What did I do?

“You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law, you…” I manage to hear the office reading me my rights as he pulls me to feet and slowly walks me out of my room. He keeps asking if I understand my rights but I can’t manage to say anything. All I can do is focus on the trail of blood that led to my bedroom.

“I need to call my brother; he can fix this.” I mumble incoherently.

The officer places me into the backseat of his cruiser but doesn’t slam the door yet, he just stares at me. When did it start raining? “I need to call my brother.” I say again but the cop just stares at me.

The officer shakes his head at me before going to shut the door, “You’ll get your one phone call at the station ma’am. Can you tell me what happened here?” I hear him ask me but I let out a sob before shaking my head. What did happen? I don’t understand why any of this is happening to me. The cop runs his hand through his blonde hair. Blonde hair, I used to not have an issue with blonde hair, up until a few months ago.

'Is that the rain running down my face or tears?' I can’t tell but I know I’m inside the cruiser so it must be tears. “Please call my brother, he works for the Roswell Police.” I beg him as I cry. I see him staring at me before he asks my name and who my brother was. 'How did this all happen?' Is all that constantly runs through my head.
Last edited by Roswell_Dreamer86 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
There's no point going back to yesterday because I was a different person then...
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Innocent Until Proven Guilty (AU,M/L,MATURE) Intro - 3/10/16

Post by keepsmiling7 »

WOW........how did I miss this??
This really started off with a bang........or knife.......
I am on the edge of my seat to see what is happening.
Thanks,
Carolyn
cupcake_55
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cupcake_55 »

Omg !!! A love the intro :D , i cant wait for moreeeee :) :) :)
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

OK I want to know what is going on! Oh and who is dead! Hurry back!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Really great start!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to find out what will happen next. Who did Liz kill? Did Liz really kill a person? Who is Liz's brother? Where is Max and everyone? What will Max and others do when they find out? Will Liz's brother and others help Liz? Will Liz go to prison for life? Will Max wait for Liz? Or will Max move on with his life? Sorry for all the questions I was just wondering.

L-J-L 76
Roswell_Dreamer86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Author's Note:

Thank you Keepsmiling7 I’m glad you like it, I’ve never wrote a story before just read them.

Cupcake_55- I am really happy you like it too. For a new writer words of encouragement mean everything

Roswelllostocause- You’ll find out soon enough! Thanks for the feedback.

L-J-L 76- Laugh out loud, all your questions are about to be answered.

Thanks you guys for the feedback, I truly appreciate it! And now on to Chapter 1 again do not own anything related to Roswell although would love to get to know Max a.k.a Jason Behr on a personal level lmao!

Ch. 1

There’s an annoying knock at the door, one I can't ignore as I smother the pillow over my head. I roll over and grab the alarm clock off my nightstand. 307am. Who the hell could it be at this time of the morning? I toss my feet over the side of the bed and grab a sweatshirt off the floor, pulling it over my head as I walk out to the living room. ‘Oww! I have to unpack that damn box.’ I think to myself. I look through the peephole and before I can unchain the door he begins pounding harder on it.

“Hang on!” I yell as I unchain the door and manage to pull it open some. When did it start raining was my initial thought?... I focus my attention to the man in front of me, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. “What are you doing here? Its 3 in the morning, couldn’t this have waited til this afternoon?” I ask him in a low whisper so as to not wake my neighbors.

I see him shake his head, my stomach dropped. Something was wrong, I can see it in his eyes. “Get dressed.” He demands of me pushing his way in. “You need to come downtown with me now.”

I shut the door and head towards the bedroom to grab a pair of jeans and shoes, “What is it? What happened?” I ask him calmly as I get dressed.

He turns on me, pointing a finger in my face. “This is all your fault, you know. She wouldn’t be in this position if it weren’t for your stupid mistakes. She deserves better! She trusted you, I trusted you with her! Now look what has happened!” He continues to scream. ‘She.’

My stomach is turning; I feel as if I’m about to be sick. “What happened? Is she okay? Just tell me.” I say rubbing my sweaty palms down my jeans before standing up and stuffing my nervous hands in my pockets.

He glares at me before he manages to whisper it to me, “It’s Liz. She was arrested tonight for Tess's murder.” I can feel his eyes on me as I’m shaking my head, “The lead detective called me. He stated there was a disturbance at your house and when they showed up they found Liz standing in the bedroom over Tess’s body with bloody hands, bloody clothes and a bloody knife.”

“No. You’re lying. Liz would never do anything like that.” I tell him confidently.

“I know she wouldn’t, but the evidence is there Max. According to reports, she has motive, she was seen arguing with Tess outside the Crashdown Café. She threatened harm towards Tess.” I hear him explain. ‘Not my Liz, she wouldn’t.’ “Do you hear me Max?!”

I jump at his tone, I look at him and study him carefully, “Where is she? Has she been booked yet?” He nods, “I’ll get her out on bail tonight and we’ll figure out what happened.” I tell him professionally.

“You can’t take the case Max. You’re a witness in all this. The only reason I’m telling you is because…” He stops mid sentence. “It’s bad. The evidence is completely against her but there's no way you can help her right now, if anything it will make it worse.”

“It was one time! One! She’s still my wife God damn it and I’m not just going to sit here and let her sit in a prison cell tonight.” I yell at him. “I fucked up but Liz would never hurt anyone, no matter the circumstances. She’s your sister for Christ sakes, you can’t actually believe she would do this?!”

He sighs, “It doesn’t matter what I believe, I only got a phone call because the detective was doing me a favor, giving me time to find her a lawyer.”

“She has one, Michael.” I tell him firmly. “My wife would never hurt anyone and you know that.”

“They are going to challenge you representing her due to conflicting interest, you're still married. They're going to want you to testify about the affair.” Michael tries to explain but I don’t care. All I know is that this IS some how my fault.

I grab my keys off the coffee table, I look over at Michael, “She can’t sit in prison Michael.” I tell him swallowing back the chunks that were wanting to come up, “She’s pregnant.” I can see him processing what I told him but it doesn’t matter. I have to get to Liz and find out what happened.

TBC
There's no point going back to yesterday because I was a different person then...
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Innocent Until Proven Guilty (AU,M/L,MATURE) Intro-Ch.1 ***NEW*** - 3/17/16

Post by begonia9508 »

There are only replies, where is the first part? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( EVE
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswell_Dreamer86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A/N: I noticed that too, I am writing the admin group to find out
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Yes, where is the first part? I am not the author of this story, just discovered it first.
Roswell_Dreamer86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

I'm not sure i emailed the board but if someone else wants to please feel free too