Earning Trust (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 50 Complete 10/4

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Earning Trust (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 5 8/14

Post by Roswelllostcause »

L-J-L 76 Yes Liz's stepfather has been arrested. Things are going to move very slow for Max and Liz for a while.

Eve Serena is going to be shocked when she leans what learns what Liz has been through. Liz never wanted her friends to know what stepfather was doing to her. It will take Liz a long time to recover from this.

Carolyn Diane will be a very good case worker for Liz.

saori_1902 Yes her stepfather is in jail.

roswell4life Yes poor Liz. Her friends will try to help her past this.

Part 5

Serena sat at the kitchen table working on her homework while her mom was cooking dinner.

"So how was school today honey?" Asked Sarah Kent
"Ok mom. There are two new kids. Brother and sister. Max and Isabel Evans."
"That's nice."
"Alex likes Isabel."
"Serena, don't give your cousin a hard time."
"I won't mom."
"So where is your cousin?"
"He had band practice."

Just then the doorbell rang.

"Serena keep an eye on dinner."
"Yes mom."

Sarah walked to the door and answered it.

"May I help you?" Asked Sarah opening the door.
"Sarah Kent?"
"Yes."
"My name is Diane Evans. I work for the child welfare department. There is something I wish to talk to you about."
"Please come in Ms. Evans."
"Thank you."

Sarah led Diane over to the sofa where they sat down.

"What can I do for you?" Asked Sarah
"I have been told you know an Elizabeth Parker."
"Yes I know Liz. She was my daughter's best friend, and good friends with my nephew."
"She has been removed from her stepfather's care. She will not be going back to him ever."
"What happened to Liz?"
"She has been abused both physically and sexually."
"Oh god why didn't she tell anyone?"
"Ms. Kent is hard to say. But if you are willing to take her in I can expedite your approval as a foster parent."
"Now would she be required to have her own room?"
"No. It would be fine if she shared with your daughter."
"That is good. I look after my nephew. His parents are in Europe for my brother in-law's job."
"That is fine."
"I need to talk to my daughter and nephew about this. Can I let you know tomorrow?"
"Of course."

Diane left and Sarah when back into the kitchen where she found Serena crying. She pulled her daughter into a hug.

"I didn't know mom."
"Liz didn't want you to. That maybe why she pushed you away."
"I want her to come and live with us."
"You do realize that you will be giving up your privacy."
"It's fine."
"Well we have to make sure Alex is OK with it."
"Make sure I am OK with what Aunt Sarah?" Asked Alex walking in.
"Alex, Liz's stepfather has been hurting her. The state has removed her from him and he will face charges. Her case worker thinks it would be best if she is with friends. So would you be OK with her coming to live here?" Asked Sarah
"Yeah! Anything to help Liz. Hey you know what I could fix up part of the basement into a bedroom and then Liz can have my room." Said Alex
"Well at lest for a while she will room with Serena. We will talk more about your idea for the basement." Said Sarah

They sat down to dinner and talked some more on how to make Liz feel welcome in their home.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max, Liz and friends. I'm glad that Diane went to see Sarah and Serena Kent. I'm also glad that Diane told Sarah what her step father did to Liz. With Sarah and Serena knowing they maybe able to help Liz move past everything. I think it is great that Sarah, Alex and Serena are going to have Liz live with them. Hopefully Liz will tell Serena, Alex and Maria why she stopped being friends with them. Hopefully Serena, Alex and Kyle will understand and try to be there for Liz when she needs them. I love Alex's idea about giving Liz his room and turning the basement into his bed room. That is really sweet and kind of Alex to do that all for Liz.

L-J-L 76
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

That's is really a good idea but I am not sure if Liz will be that pleased about it! She must be ashamed of what's happened to her and will be even maybe agressiver as she was b4... :?

Waiting impatiently for more! EVE :?
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by max and liz believer »

Really interesting story! And a really important topic to tell. I love that Max immediately showed concern for Liz, even though he didn't know her. I'm horrified that Liz was pregnant, was beaten into unconsciousness and miscarried, but at least it revealed to the world what was going on behind closed doors. The Kent family seems like a lovely family; I'm positive they'll be able to provide the support and love that Liz will be needing to heal.

Eagerly looking forward to more!

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Earning Trust (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 6 8/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

L-J-L 76 Liz is not going to talk to her friends about what happened to her. Serena and Alex knew something was going on with Liz just not what it was.

Eve Liz will be ok with moving in with her friends. But she won't open up about what happened.

max and liz believer Jo, Max is going to prove to be someone Liz is going to trust at some point. He is a good guy and will understand that she will take a long time to heal. Liz really has been living in a dark world for a while but now there is a light. The Kent's are a very loving and caring family.

Part 6

It was two days later Liz was released from the hospital. She sat in the car with Mrs. Evans as she drove to a house she once spent a lot of time at.

"Liz, things will get better." Said Diane

Liz didn't say anything just stared out the window. Liz took a deep breath as they pulled into the driveway. Which caused her to wince in pain.

"Are you OK Liz?"
"Yes. Just breathed too deep. Jared my ribs."

Diane turned off the car and got out and helped Liz out and up to the porch. The door opened and Liz saw Serena, Alex and Serena's mom.

"Please come in." Said Sarah
"Thank you Ms. Kent." Said Diane

Liz walked slowly and sat down on the couch. Liz noticed her friends were watching her. She only half listened as Diane when over things with Serena's mom. Serena sat down next to her.

"You could have told me he was hurting you." Said Serena

Liz didn't say anything. She just turned away from Serena.

"Liz please talk to me." Said Serena placing her hand gently on Liz's arm.
"Don't touch me." Said Liz coldly pulling away.
"Honey, I am sure Liz is tired why don't you help her get settled in your room so she can rest." Said Sarah
"OK mom." Said Serena

Serena led Liz to what was now their bedroom. Liz looked at the bunk beds. She also noticed that Serena's favorite stuffed dog on the top.

"You hate the top bunk." Said Liz
"Yeah, well you got broken ribs. You can't be climbing up there."
"Rena, I'm sorry."
"You should have told someone what he was doing to you."
"I know. I pushed you and Maria away to keep you safe from him. He wanted me to bring you to him so he could rape you."
"As soon as he started touching you like that you should have told someone."
"I know that! But I was scared."
"Get some rest."
"OK."

Liz took off her shoes and laid down on the bottom bunk. Serena watched her for a minute then left her to rest. Serena walked out to the living room and sat on couch.

"Serena, there is something you will need to be aware of sharing a room with Liz." Said Diane
"What is it Mrs. Evans?" Asked Serena
"She is likely to have some bad nightmares."
"What do I do?"
"Just reassure her that she is safe."
"I understand."
"I think that is everything. You have the number of the therapist?"
"Yes. Than you Mrs. Evans." Said Sarah

Diane left and headed home hoping that Liz could start to heal.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It looks like a good first step was taken for Liz with the new foster home.
And how nice of Alex offering to let her have his room and him moving to the basement.
Will Diane explain all of this to Max now, or is it privileged information?
Can't wait for more,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

At least, Liz could tell Serena why she pushed her and Maria away!... But the reason is frightening and I can't believe she never said something about it! :( I guess she was too frighten for that!

EVE :?
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max, Liz and friends. I'm glad Liz is staying with friends. I hope Miss. Kent, Alex and Serena can help Liz. I'm glad Liz told Serena why she pushed her and Maria away. I agree with Serena Liz should have told her or someone. I hope Serena, Alex and Miss. Kent can handle Liz's nightmares. I hope Liz will believe Serena, Alex and Miss. Kent will be there for Liz. I wonder if Diane will tell max or not. I wonder when Max will find out about Liz.

L-J-L 76
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by max and liz believer »

Usually victims of abuse (especially sexual abuse) are really ashamed of what's happening and in a way consider it to be their fault, so it's not uncommon for them to avoid sharing their situation. It's easy to say that Liz should've told someone the second it happened, but reality is different. Plus, as Liz said, she was probably scared of what her stepfather might do if he found out that she had told.

Hopefully, Liz will feel that she's in a safe environment in the Kent's family.

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

At least Liz is now with those who really care about her. Great parts.