Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5, 1/14/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 4 8/2/15

Post by Michelle17 »

:D :D :D
L-J-L 76 wrote:Carrie
Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.I think Liz's father is a major asshole. I think he needs to treat Liz better then he does. I know Liz is trying to protect Max but she needs to let Max know what is going on. I'm so very glad Liz ran to Max when she did. I hope Liz will dump the major asshole Jack. I hope Max will be able to help Liz. Why did you leave it where Max and Liz were standing in the doorway? What will happen? Will Max let Liz in? What will happen when Liz walks in? Will Liz tell Max what Jack said? Will Liz tell Max about the threats? What will Max do when he finds out? Will Max try and help Liz get warm? Will Max let Liz stay with him? Will Max and Liz be able to keep each other safe? Will Max Kiss Liz? Will Max and Liz finally talk? Will Max tell Liz what he wants to say? Will Max and Liz admit their feelings for each other? Will Liz have to get a job? Will Max help Liz? Will Liz dump Jack? Will Liz get together with Max? Will Max and Liz start dating? Will Max and Liz fall in love? Will Liz's parents find out about Max? What will the parents do when they find out? Will Max and Liz be able to protect each other? Will Max and Liz sleep together? Will Liz become pregnant? Will Max and Liz get married and have kids? Will Max and Liz have a happy ending together? Sorry for the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76

Special thanks too

claudialynn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 4, & AN 8/

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie
Please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie
Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what Max will do when he sees Liz at his door? I'm hoping Max and Liz will talk.

L-J-L 76
BQ1
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BQ1 »

Dang, this story is so captivating. Definitely can't wait to read more.
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Hey Carrie! Another great story! I feel bad for Liz. So broken, so lost and so alone. Jack needs to be kicked to the curb and hopefully this was a final straw for him. I hope she can figure a way to get out of this mess with him. I love Max. So sweet and insightful. Great story!
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5 1/14/16

Post by jake17 »

Roswelllostcause
BQ1
Eve
Lizza x4
sarammlover

Thank you for you patience and the sweet fb! :)

chapter five

Even though Max had seen Liz plenty of times bare for hours even, he turned away after a long few seconds as his darkened eyes fell over her transparent white dress leaving nothing to the imagination.

Somehow this was different, no longer were they in Penelope’s class room, in a professional setting where his art was the only thing driving him to rake over her body with purpose and precise execution.

In the back of his mind, down in his gut, he couldn’t deny feelings had developed for her, strong feelings that sometimes, although hard for him to admit, caused him to have alternative motives for staring just a little too long, lingering, lost in the fantasy of what it would be like to touch her, to taste her lips, to hold her close, to reveal what was truly in his heart, just how deeply he cared for her.

But this, this moment was different, she was hurt, emotionally if not physically, in need of a friend, of someone she could trust, and the fact that she came to him meant everything.

Turning away he reached for a clean towel folded in a laundry basket on the floor.

Averting his eyes he wrapped it around her shoulders while guiding her to his bed, the only place to sit in his one room efficiency apartment.

Her lips were blue, shivering, her eyes staring off into the distance, she seemed lost, confused, exhausted.

Sensing that she had been drinking or worse he went to his tiny kitchenette, coming back with a hot cup of tea.

Folding a small washcloth over the cup to prevent her from getting burnt, he blew a few times cooling it down for her before carefully handing it over.

Taking it with shaky hands she tried to take a few sips, but even that simple task seemed overwhelming in the moment.

“It’s okay, you’re safe here. You don’t have to tell me anything, I’m just glad you felt that you could come to me, that you trust me.”

Looking up at him, with her dark hair stuck to her skin from the rain, and her big brown eyes smudged with mascara she was confused by his kindness, wondering what his end game was, because in her life, everyone had one, it was all she knew.

Understanding there was a price to pay for her uninvited stay, she let the towel fall from her shoulders before removing one strap from her shoulder than the other, trying to push down her dress that had adhered over time to her wet skin.

Shaking his head he reached for the towel draping it once again around her shoulders quietly, calmly, trying to make her understand.

“Liz, I’m here to help, I don’t expect anything in return. I’m your friend, and you’re in trouble, that’s what friends do, they’re there for each other no matter what, just because they care.”

Biting down hard on her bottom lip, tears welled in her eyes, embarrassed, ashamed she hadn’t realized just how numb she had become to being used and bullied.

His heart broke seeing her cry, immediately he brought her close, engulfing her in the warmth of his broad chest, wrapping his strong, gentle arms around her, tucking her head beneath his chin doing his best to comfort her.

“Shh… it’s going to be alright, I promise. Whatever it is, we’ll figure it out together.”

His voice was like satin drifting through her body, soothing her tense muscles, calming the noise in her head, drowning out the still pulsating thumping of the music in the bar she had only moments ago had been left in.

Desperate to feel more, to bury herself in the artist who saw her as so much more than she ever could be, or was, Liz draped her legs over his thighs tunneling herself further inside his welcoming body.

Cradling her in his arms he picked her up forgetting the endless drawings and paintings of her that covered every inch of his walls.

Lowering her down onto his pillow he watched as her eyes fluttered catching for just a moment her image captured in a hundred ways, from watercolor, chalk, oil paint, pencil, they went on forever.

From small sketches quickly drawn from memory, late at night on a napkins taped to his walls, to large canvas intricately painted for hours on end leaned against every piece of standing furniture.

Whispering as the alcohol finally hit her system, she pointed all around his room slurring her words.

“It’s me… they’re all of … me.”

With those last words she passed out in his bed, soaked to the bone, with a mortified Max looking around his room, realizing in that moment just how much she had affected him.

Beyond a muse, she had worked her way into his heart, leaving an indelible mark of something he didn’t see coming, he was in love, he couldn't deny it any longer.

Rubbing the back of his neck nervously, knowing she couldn’t stay in that rain drenched dress, he sighed walking to his dresser.

Searching his drawers he found a large University of Maine tee shirt, grabbing it he turned back towards her finding himself more nervous than he’d ever been in his life.

Passed out cold he put her head carefully through the shirt pulling it over her breasts while reaching underneath to unzip the side of her dress.

Unable to avoid it, his eyes glanced down to the exquisite curve of her tiny waist and the slope of her bare hip covered barely by a thin strap of a sheer pair of nude panties.

Immediately he pulled down the maroon shirt that was huge on her, coming down practically to her knees.

Breathing out shakily he reached gently up under the shirt and edged the dress down, which wasn’t easy.

The wet material clung to her skin like glue making it impossible not to inadvertently touch her.

Sighing he lowered his head as he managed with great difficulty to finally get the dress off.

Adjusting the tee shirt so she was properly covered, he pulled his blankets over her before rolling out his sleeping bag on the floor by her side.

Tired from his expected night he soon drifted off to sleep happily knowing she was so close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Max turned on his side as the bright sun filtered through his blinds onto his handsome face.

Wondering briefly if it had all been a dream, he suddenly heard singing coming from across the room.

Sitting up on his elbows, he blinked several times until she came into focus.

Liz was dancing around his tiny kitchen, with music blaring from his borrowed ear phones while she was busy spreading butter on burnt toast and pouring hot tea into two mugs on counter.

She was wearing a different tee shirt, a more fitted smaller one that barely covered her ass, it was clear that she had showered, with her hair wavy, natural, flowing back and forth as she continued to sing happily.

Sitting up fully, he grinned, as the artist in him couldn’t help but notice how the glaring sun glistened off her long tresses highlighting streaks of fiery auburn, especially around her face.

Reaching up to grab napkins high off a shelf, she rose up on her toes causing his shirt to lift past her sheer panties giving him a glimpse of the exquisite curves of her slender waist.

It was then that she looked over and caught his intense stare, as if he was lost in her, those kind eyes seeing something she was unable to see in herself.

“Oh hi sleepy head!”

She yelled over the music before rolling her eyes and pulling the ear buds down.

He felt a rumble in his stomach, dizzy, lightheaded, his face was flush, his heart raced like a speeding train. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on, and she was five feet from him, standing in his apartment, it was all too much to believe.

“Sorry, I hope you don’t mind, I took a shower and grabbed another shirt, I promise to get it back to you as soon as I can.”

Shrugging, Max smiled, wishing she would never leave, wanting to tell her she could have anything she wanted, anything he had, because if truth be told she already possessed his heart.

“You can keep it, really, it’s just an old high school tee shirt. It’s doesn’t matter.”

Looking down she tilted her head, raising her eyebrows, teasing him as she pointed to the words across the faded black tee.

“I’m shocked, you don’t strike me as a Nirvana fan, especially the Bleach album.”

Hiding his face it was his turn to be embarrassed.

“I went through an angry stage, besides they had some pretty epic songs back in the day.”

Widening her eyes she ran over to him with his plate of black toast, straddling his waist pointing her index finger into his chest.

“Did I just hear Max Evans the artist, the gifted introspective, responsible, night in shinning armor, use the word epic? Seriously I cannot handle this side of you, it’s very alarming, disturbing even, you must revert back before you blow my mind.”

Laughing as she mercilessly teased him, unable to keep from staring at her naturally rosy cheeks and pale pink lips, not to mention her eyes that literally brightened right before him every time she smiled, he fell even further.

She was magic, pure and simple, things that dreams were made of, that musicians created symphonies about, poets wrote for, and artists captured in color and light, desperate to seize this moment, this gift, an unimaginable treasure to this world that needed to be preserved forever.

Grabbing the over cooked toast off the plate, he grinned again trying to ignore the fact that she was sitting on his lap in all her glorious beauty.

“So what exactly is this? Blackened Cajun toast? Is this a recipe from New Orleans? Because I have to tell you, I'm truly shocked at your ability to cook such exotic cuisine."

Giggling, she tilted her head to the side before pulling in her bottom lip, completely leveling him all at once.

“Listen, seriously… thank you for letting me stay last night. I don’t know what I would’ve done if you weren’t here.”

Both their smiles faded as the reality of her condition at his doorstep the night before came flooding back.

Feeling embarrassed, she awkwardly lifted herself off his lap to reach for her tea.

Leaning against the counter, letting her hair fall across her eyes, she stared at her feet uncomfortably, clearly pulling away from him.

Getting up from his sleep bag, Max shook his head, reaching out taking the mug from her hand.

“Please don’t do this, don’t shut down on me. You have nothing to be ashamed about.”

Scoffing she turned away to look out his window, down to the street below, watching people mulling about enjoying the warm spring day.

“You have no idea what you’re talking about Max, if you really knew me, you would never say that.”

Walking behind her, gently pressing his hand on her shoulder, he softly whispered close to her ear.

“Did you ever think that maybe it’s you that doesn’t know yourself? The person that you were meant to always be? Without all the pressures that come along with being a Senator’s daughter? Or being with a man who is clearly using you for his gain, never considering your feelings, never giving you the love you deserve?"

Crossing her arms protectively over her chest she was struck by his words, how he seemed to know so much about her without knowing her at all.

“We accept the love we think we deserve Liz, maybe somewhere along the way you were convinced that you were somehow...less, not worthy of respect, of someone that truly cares for you, but I’m here to tell you that isn’t true. I can see it in your eyes, in your soul that you leave bare for all to see, when I paint you it’s there, the real you. Vulnerable, soft, strong, intelligent… you have a rare beauty that shines from the inside out, you … glow Liz. You're amazing, like nothing I’ve ever seen before.”

Taking a deep breath, Max backed up against the wall away from her feeling dizzy, shocked that he just spilled his heart out to her, waiting for her to laugh in his face or worse leave and never come back.

Frozen, staring down at the ground he was concentrating on catching his breath when he looked up through dark eyelashes to see her slowly walking towards him.

Grabbing onto his shirt, twisting the fabric around her fingers she pulled him close unable to look in his eyes.

“Is that really how you feel?”

Her faint whisper melted his heart causing him to tremble before her as he nodded slowly.

“Is that why I’m all over your walls, why you’ve sketched and painted me so many times?”

Again he nodded wishing the floor would open up and swallow him whole.

Moving even closer pulling him harder by his shirt she lifted herself up on her toes bringing her mouth close to his ear.

“I love the way you make me feel, especially when you paint me, your eyes… they strip me down, you see all of me. With you there is no hiding, no pretending. “

Lifting the back of his hand he smoothed his fingers along her jaw needing to touch her.

“Let me take you out today, I have a place where we can go, where I’ve always dreamed of painting you. I promise no one will find us, please… just say yes.”

Drifting her mouth close to him, she brushed her lips softly to his, whispering the word he wanted to hear, before backing away to get dressed.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5, 1/14/16

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh Carrie, I missed you and your romantism! Even a few words and I am already taking Liz's place and her sorrows too, only because you wrote it!
And being with Max isn't that bad too, anyway...Waiting for more EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Thank goodness RF is back and we can continue this adventure.
Max is such a good friend and would never take advantage of Liz.
Just wonder how long he can keep concentrating on his painting alone....?
Thanks for the great update,
Carolyn
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Great update. Poor Liz. Hopefully Max can show her how wonderful she really is.
BQ1
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BQ1 »

I'm glad Max is finally getting to her. Hopefully she'll open up to him soon :)