THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Epilogue - 11/6/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 45

Post by Double Trouble »

Eva: Yes, he is, and it’ll take time for her to reach a place where she can accept that. Alex may just unearth that information.

Lol, yeah, what could go wrong?

Candyfifi: You’re very welcome!

Thanks! Yep, it’ll take time, but he’s not the kinda guy who gives up easily.

Well... there’s more of that coming up! There’s just no denying the heat between them.

sarammlover: LOL! They sure keep the heat up! Alex is confident and he’s not afraid to go after what he wants... no matter how unattainable it may seem to be. Seriously... we agree with you!

keepsmiling7: Thanks for reading!

Part 45

“You coming in?” she asked stupidly.

He chuckled gruffly and shook his head. “Not unless you’re gonna gimme some room.”

“Oh,” she blushed. “Right.”

He slipped in behind her, his hands braced on the tub on either side of him as he slowly lowered himself into the water. “Not bad.” He rarely bothered with baths unless he needed to soak his bruised and aching body since showers were so much more efficient. There was an ache that needed to be eased, but it had nothing to do with the tub. His arms wrapped around her and he pulled her back against his body.

Maria swallowed her gasp when his hard length pressed against her back. It’s a normal reaction, she told herself and concentrated on relaxing.

“You’re too tense,” he murmured as he nibbled a path along her shoulder and let his right hand drift down to rest on her inner thigh. His thumb ghosted over her, encouraging her to give him room to play.

“I’m doing my best to relax,” she breathed. “You don’t make it easy.”

“We want you to be good an’ relaxed,” he murmured against her skin. No, he had no experience with virgins but it stood to reason that the more relaxed she was the easier her first time would be. His fingers slipped through her folds, teasing her entrance and pressing the heel of his hand against her clit.

She couldn’t suppress the gasp this time. Her head fell back against his shoulder when his touch transformed her brain into a puddle of mush.

He pushed a finger inside her and took his time getting her worked up, making sure she was as wet as possible before he added a second finger. He was careful as he stretched her, knowing that it would still be a shock when he finally got inside of her. He scooped water up in his free hand and let it cascade over her breasts, getting rid of the soap suds so he could look at them.

“Michael,” she breathed out, not meaning to say or request anything because she didn’t know what she was asking for. His fingers felt so good, it was a feeling she couldn’t describe but she finally got a clue about all the excitement Liz seemed to feel when it came to talking about sex.

He palmed her breast, rasping the rough pad of his thumb around the nipple, working it to a stiff peak before rolling it between his fingers. He repeated the move as he provided more friction against that taut bundle of nerves between her legs and he smiled at her panted breaths as she reached for the orgasm at the edge of her grasp.

This was torture and bliss at the same time, she thought with a hint of frustration. Using her hands on his thighs, she tried to move more against his touch, but he wouldn’t give her more.

“Just let go,” he growled as he increased the speed of his movements, giving her what she wanted.

Maria had no clue how to just let go, but his words seem to give her a direction. She bit her bottom lip painfully and concentrated on the feelings inside. A wave seemed to swallow her all of a sudden and she moaned loudly when her muscles seemed to contract without her permission.

“That’s it,” he growled between clenched teeth. She was clamping down hard on his fingers and just the thought of what that was going to feel like around his dick made him impossibly harder.

It took some time to catch her breath, but when she finally did, she tipped her head back and looked at him through heavy eyelids. “That was even better than on the train.”

“I know,” he said smugly. “Lot more room to play when you’re naked.”

Again she blushed at the thought.

“You’ve got nothin’ to be ashamed of.” And to make his point he cupped her breasts and played with her nipples.

Maria gasped in surprise at the arousing feeling. Was it supposed to happen so soon again?

He shifted against her, needing his own release. “You doin’ okay?” he muttered as his hand drifted down again.

“Yeah, what about you?” He had to be uncomfortable, right?

“I’m hard enough to pound nails.”

“You want me to...”

He lifted an eyebrow. “What would you like to do?”

“Uh, I dunno. Something for you? Like... stroking you?” God, it was weird to talk about it.

“Whatever you’re comfortable with.” Getting off was good at this point, however it happened. “Probably be better if you wanted to gimme a hand job first. Take the edge off.”

“Okay,” she frowned a moment and then looked at him. “Should we change positions?”

His lips lifted in a devilish grin. “Unless you’d like to face me.”

Face him? Could she do that?

“There’s somethin’ stimulating about seein’ how your touch affects the other person.” On the other hand it was gonna make it hard as hell to not pull her close and bury himself inside her.

“Would you like it if I faced you?”

“What I’d like is to have you,” he teased her clit, “wrapped around me when I come.” He sank his teeth into her shoulder as he fought for control. “I’m not a patient man in these situations so if you’re not ready for that let’s switch positions.”

“Okay,” she agreed. He meant sex, right? And she doubted she was ready.

He nodded. He wanted her to turn around and face him and then sink down on his dick, but he knew that wasn’t gonna happen just yet. Oh, he had no doubt it would in time. Once she got a real taste of sex she’d want him anywhere and everywhere. He smirked as he took her hand. “You’re gonna have to stand up and give me a good view of your body.”

She swallowed but nodded and slowly lifted herself out of the tub so she could step around him.

His hand tightened around hers, holding her in place for a moment before he released her. His hands on her hips held her in place as he turned her around and he knew the flush on her skin had little to do with the temperature of the water.

“What are you doin’?”

“Just lookin’.” He leaned forward and planted a kiss against her mound. “There’s so much I’m gonna teach you,” he promised.

“And do you like what you see?” She asked as she made her way around and behind him.

“Yeah. My only complaint is that I don’t get enough of a chance to look.”

She snorted at that. “You’ve had more chances than any other guy.”

“Yeah, well, before long you’re gonna be perfectly at ease bein’ naked around me.”

It was hard to imagine but maybe he was right. Sinking down slowly, she felt his strong body in front of her and it was a new kind of arousal all the same.

Michael leaned back into her when her arms came around him and he watched her hands as they moved over his chest and abdomen, tracing over the muscled ridges and scars. Her hand dropped lower, her fingers stretching out, and he chuckled when he wrapped his hand around hers to pin it in place. “Do me a favor, okay?” He tugged on her hand, checking for resistance and dragging it closer to the part of him that was begging for attention when there was none. “Feel free to explore all you want, but let’s deal with him first.” He jerked when the backs of her knuckles brushed against him and he encouraged her to touch him.

“Are you impatient?” Her voice was a combination of humor and arousal.

“Maria,” he growled in warning.

“What?” She lifted her hand slowly and came into contact with his hard length.

“That’s what.”

She smiled against his neck and bit into the skin softly while taking him in her hand completely for the first time.

“Don’t be shy,” he grated out. He covered her hand with his, guiding her movements, letting her know when to tighten her grip, showing her what he liked before releasing her again.

Maria tried to hide her insecurities as good as she could since she expected it to be a turnoff for him. With her face pressed against the side of his neck, she started to stroke him the way he had shown her.

He rested his arms on the sides of the tub, the overhead lighting causing the droplets of water on his muscled body to glisten. His hands wrapped around the porcelain, his grip tight as he let the feelings wash over him. She didn’t have any experience but there was no hesitation in her touch now.

“Does that feel okay?” she rasped into his ear when his breath became a little harder but yet he wasn’t showing all too much affectation.

“S’better than okay,” he growled. He dropped his hand to cover hers again, increasing the rhythm and nudging her thumb over the head. His voice lowered to a whisper as he let her go again, “Just like that.”

She gave the slightest nod to herself and moved her hand the way he had shown her, wondering how tight her grip would be comfortable. His stomach muscles under her arm started to jerk, which she took as a good reaction. It made her a little braver and she started on her own to vary the speed and pressure of her touches.

Now she was getting the idea, he thought. He could feel his muscles tightening in response to her touch and the rush that was closing in on him. He dropped his head back and closed his eyes, letting it happen.

His body was shaking lightly now and although they were under water she could feel him on her hand when he came. She kept stroking him softly for a while since she had read in one of her books that women did that afterwards. With her free hand she went through his semi wet hair while her lips teased his neck.

“First time, huh?” he asked with a gruff chuckle. “Told you you’re gonna be a natural.”

“So it was okay?” she asked when her nerves settled down a bit.

He snorted and turned his head to look at her when he realized she wasn’t making a joke. “It was better than that. Believe me, if it wasn’t I’m not the kinda guy who’s gonna lie about it to make you feel better.”

“Okay,” she grinned.

His hand dropped to her thigh and he gave it a squeeze. “That’s my girl.” The words were out before he could stop them but he was quick to contain his expression and keep it from revealing his shock. “Now, there was somethin’ said about food earlier, wasn’t there?”

“I thought men were tired after sex.”

“I am tired but I’m also hungry. So the way I see it you’ve got two options. One, we get outta this tub and into bed where we’ll go for round two and you can learn firsthand just why it is guys are ready to pass out after sex. Or two, we get outta this tub and you go scrounge somethin’ up for dinner and that lesson will keep until later. Your choice.”

“Uh...” she felt the heat in her cheeks once more. “Maybe food for now.”

He snickered and nodded. “For now,” he agreed.

“Well, then,” she gave him a little shove. “Move.”

He shifted around to give her room and then held a hand up to help her to her feet.

“Thanks,” she accepted his offer and shivered slightly at the tight, secure grip.

He watched her as she stepped out of the tub carefully, his gaze taking in every inch of her without apology.

His gaze was piercing, but she tried to act normal and not nervous. More than once he had told her that he liked her body, so why not believe him? He was right: He wouldn’t make compliments if he didn’t mean them.

He liked it when she didn’t shrink away from his appreciative observation. “I’ll be right behind you,” he said as he got to his feet.

“Take your time. Dinner won’t be ready in a heartbeat.”

He shrugged. “Not like I’ve gotta do my nails, hair or makeup like a chick. Dry off and get dressed, that’s about all there is to it and I’m ready.”

“Yeah, I know.” She wrapped a big towel around herself and went to the mirror, giving it a swipe with her hand to clear it of the fog.

He pulled the plug to let the water drain and he grabbed a towel, giving himself a quick rubdown before dropping it on the floor and going in search of something to wear.

“Do they have some clothes here?” Tess was a tad shorter, but some of her clothes should fit.

“Unless they run around bare ass naked while they’re here,” he called back. Kyle was great but the guy was a gnome so there was no way he was gonna try to wear any of his jeans. He shook his head and pawed through the drawers until he found a pair of shorts that would do until his jeans could be run through the wash.

After giving herself a onceover and noticing the blush on her cheeks, she went after him and looked for some clothes as well. She stopped in the doorway and watched him when he ran his fingers through his hair to rearrange it.

“What?” He shot a glance at her when he felt her watching him.

“Nothing,” she said quickly.

“Change your mind?”

“About what?” She frowned but when he felt his eyes on her body she got a clue. “Oh.”

He turned to look at her fully. “Keep lookin’ at me like that and I’m gonna take you straight to bed.”

Although her nerves were doing a flip flop, she found herself smiling. “It can’t be forbidden to look.” Passing him, she opened the other closet, where she found like TONS of clothes to choose from. Thank you, Tess.

He huffed under his breath. “I’m gonna go grab a beer.” Before the need for a cold shower became imminent.

“Do that and it would be nice if ya found one for me too.”

“A beer?” he clarified.

“Uh.. yes?”

“Okay. Two beers comin’ up.” He smiled to himself as he left the room and wandered down the hall to the kitchen. He had no problem laying his hands on a couple of cold ones and he popped the caps off, taking a long drink from one and setting the other on the counter for her.

She joined him a few minutes after she had found some jeans and a shirt that fit well enough. “So, let’s see what we have.” She grabbed the beer and went to the refrigerator.

He leaned back against the counter and crossed his arms over his chest so he could watch her, tipping his head to one side with a grin when she bent over to dig around. He had no idea if her hips were swaying on purpose or not but he was enjoying the view. “So what’s on the menu?”

“I think we could do something with spaghetti.”

“Spaghetti’s good,” he mumbled agreeably.

“Can you get them? I saw them on the top shelf next to you.”

“Huh?” He frowned at her a moment before she repeated the question and he turned to pull the box down. “Here.”

She looked over her shoulder, noticing his gaze was locked on her ass. “Well, thanks. I guess.”

“Uh-huh, what else?” His tone was lazy as he slouched down against the counter again.

“Nothing, everything else I got.” She pulled a few things out of the refrigerator. “Well, maybe you can find a pan and a pot.”

“Yeah, okay.” He rummaged around, making enough noise to raise the dead before he pulled out what she’d asked for and placed them on the stove.

“Water in the pot. Make it boil.”

He made a face. “You didn’t say anything about me doin’ any of this crap.” But he filled the pot and put it on the burner, turning it on and resuming his position.

“See, that wasn’t too much to ask, was it?” She glanced over her shoulder and grinned at him while washing some tomatoes.

“Depends on who you ask.” His gaze moved over her, watching her every move.

“I was asking you.”

He shrugged carelessly. “It was okay, I guess.”

“You’re dismissed of kitchen duty, no worries.”

“Good.” He grabbed one of the barstools situated around the center island and pulled it out, taking a seat and making himself comfortable.

“Should we contact someone to let them know that we arrived?”

“In the mornin’ will be soon enough.”

“Okay, if you say so. This place seems nice.”

“Yeah, it’s comfortable.” He glanced around without really paying much attention to the furnishings or the decorations. It was secure, that was the most important thing.

“You’re just checking security,” she said knowingly with an eye roll.

“It could make the difference between livin’ an’ dyin’,” he muttered with a shrug.

“I know. Believe me, after the last days I know it more than I like.”

He nodded and didn’t take it any further. “So you any good at cookin’?”

“I’m not bad I guess. My uncle was hardly around so I cooked for myself a lot.”

She had cooked at the last place they had stayed but there were a lot more options here. “You didn’t really spend much time with him, did you?”

“No, he was away most of the time and if he was home, he was in his office.”

“Was he around much when you were little? He was your dad’s brother, right? Were they close?”

“I think they had some things they disagreed on, but I never thought there was hostility between them.” She shrugged. “My uncle always told everyone how good care he took of me, but I was with caretakers more than I was with him.”

“That doesn’t really surprise me. He was the type who liked to put on a show for the public.”

“Yeah,” she said shortly.

“Sorry,” he grunted. “He’s the one who lost out.” Her uncle was a douche and she shouldn’t feel like she wasn’t worth the man’s time.

“Well, he was the only family I had after that day.”

“It’s not so bad not havin’ ties like that,” he said with a shrug. “You get used to it after a while.”

“You think families are ties?” Maria snorted.

“Aren’t they? They can be used as a weapon against you.”

“Maybe yes, but that doesn’t mean they’re ties.”

“If you have a family you’re tied down, that’s just a reality. There are responsibilities, jobs that have to be done, things that have to be looked after. What would you call it?”

“Well, what else do you do in life? Be alone all the time? Without any feelings and stuff?”

He didn’t really have an answer to that. “It’s safer that way. If you have ties it gives people a hold over you.”

“Well, not everyone is on the wanted list like we are.”

“No, but I guess that’s what gives most people the luxury of havin’ ties like that.”

So he would never even consider being with someone, she thought while cutting the vegetables into halves.

He watched her, taking in the slow methodical way she was slicing the vegetables. “Can you understand what I’m sayin’?”

“I understand why you’re saying it. I don’t feel the same way though.”

“That’s your prerogative.”

She stopped and looked up for a second then nodded before she went back to preparing the food. What should she say to counter anyway? There was nothing that would convince him different.

“What would you be doin’ if you weren’t here?”

“If I had my old life back?”

He shrugged. “Yeah. I guess I just mean if you’d been able to go on with your life.”

“I don’t know. Finish college and then get a hell of a good job and an’ my own life I guess. Be independent.”

“So you would’ve gotten away from Halverson?”

“After college? Yes, definitely.”

He nodded. “That would’ve been a good choice.”

“It would’ve been necessary if I wanted a real life where I could make my own decisions and mistakes.”

“You have to have that freedom if you’re ever gonna know who you are.”

“Yeah, my uncle just never realized that. Or he just didn’t want it to happen.”

He bit the inside of his cheek to keep from telling her what he thought. Her uncle hadn’t cared. She’d been a photo opportunity, a chance to increase his standing in the polls and nothing more.

“I guess it doesn’t matter anymore,” she shrugged without looking up. “Nothing’s every going to be the same again anyway.”

“Maybe it’s better that way.”

“If things were different maybe... but the current alternative version of my life doesn’t look very promising either.”

“You’re not down for the count yet.”

Maria smirked to herself at the picture he had drawn. “Guess I’m not, no.”

“We’ve got a fighting chance with this situation.”

Yeah, but she couldn’t stop wondering what would be left afterwards? What if they won? What if they somehow miraculously defeated the Circle? What would happen then? Where to start? And with whom?

He watched her, seeing the questions but not knowing what they were. He could probably guess and be pretty close to the mark considering the conversation.
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 45 - 2/14/16

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Nice to see some bonding going on with Michael and Maria.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

Michael is very patient with Maria, considering the man he normally is. "That's my girl" I had to smirk with that one. Michael knows that he's starting to feel different. Maria isn't just some girl to fuck. She became his girl, whether they are a couple or not.
Take a look at Eva's world
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

I love that even though Bane doesn't do virgins, he has really done an excellent job with Maria. He is patient(mostly) and informative and is really into boosting her self confidence....I really like that about him.

Does Bane get weirded out when Maria calls him Michael or has he excepted that its who he most likely is???
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

great part,
Carolyn
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 46 - 2/21/16

Post by Double Trouble »

Roswelllostcause: The two of them are definitely getting closer.

Eva: Yes, there are depths there that have never before been tapped and it looks like Maria’s the one who’s found them. He’s definitely starting to feel different and even though he doesn’t understand it, he’s not completely shutting it down.

sarammlover: He’s really gone above and beyond with Maria and while he doesn’t understand it, and blows it off most of the time, rationalizing it in a way he can deal with, there’s something real there.

Lol, so far that doesn’t seem to weird him out. We have a feeling that can be attributed to the fact that something in him has accepted that the name belongs to him.

keepsmiling7: Thanks for reading!

Part 46

Alex was sitting in the living room with his leg propped up on the coffee table, a pillow under it to provide a cushion. The laptop was balanced on his lap and his fingers were flying over the keys as he ran the necessary security protocols before accessing the files his program was decrypting. He sighed loudly when he saw that the program was still filtering down. There were blocks where the decryption was complete but it would be a waste of time to try to open the files before the process was finished.

He glanced up when a sound caught his attention and he watched Val as she moved around in the kitchen. She was a woman who was completely comfortable in her skin and she wasn’t the least bit self conscious. Well, he mused, not with her body anyway. She wasn’t nearly as sure of herself when it came to her heart. She’d been guarded since the night she’d fallen asleep next to him and while she’d stayed close, she hadn’t allowed that to happen again.

For the past few days she had hovered, there was just no other word for it. He’d seen the worry in her anxious features when his temperature had spiked a couple days ago and she hadn’t left his side while she worked to get the infection under control. He knew it was a foreign concept for her to care about someone else, that for anyone in her position it was a weakness, so this had her a bit out of sorts.

He wasn’t sure if it was that or her concern about the healing gunshot wound that had her keeping him at arm’s length, but whatever it was he was tired of it. He was wounded, he wasn’t dead. And it sure as hell didn’t help when she walked around the house in a pair of panties and a tank top.

She was killing him. Yes, he appreciated everything she had done for him, but he wasn’t an invalid and he was tired of being treated like one. He groaned when she started walking towards him, a basin of what was sure to be warm water held in her hands.

“You just changed the bandage an hour ago,” he muttered when she leaned over to set the basin on the end table and gave him an eyeful of perfect cleavage. Hell, there wasn’t a place on her body that wasn’t perfect as far as he was concerned.

“I know what I’ve done,” she reminded him with a look. “And I also know that your mood needs some serious improvement. You need to get dressed.” She took the laptop from him and set it aside.

If she could spend the day in her underwear, so could he. Besides, it was easier that way. He didn’t have to get up and take his pants off every time she wanted to check the damn wound. “I don’t understand.”

“And here I thought you were a genius.”

His eyes dropped to his chest when she threw something at him and he picked the foil packet up with a curious look on his face. “I thought you said sex would tear the stitches?” His actions were in direct contrast to his words as he freed himself from his boxers. At this point he didn’t care.

“When I said that it was true.” She stepped over his leg and straddled his lap, fisting him in her hand and stroking him the way he liked. “You’re not the only one who’s missed this,” she whispered against his lips.

“You haven’t said anything about it.” He pulled her closer for a kiss that was rough and needy and he groaned when her heated center rubbed against him. Hell, who needed words? He grabbed a fistful of her hair as his other hand slipped between her legs and her response was all the confirmation he needed.

Val fumbled with the condom but quickly forgot about it in favor of grabbing his shoulders and riding his fingers. She tore her mouth free of his as she threw her head back, savoring the sensations rioting through her lower body. She rose up on her knees to give him more freedom and she moaned when he took advantage of the position it put her breasts in, wrapping his lips around one of the taut peaks to suck and nip in tandem with the movements of his hand.

Her breath stuttered in her chest as she rode the waves of her orgasm and she slumped against him, shuddering when he withdrew his fingers and intentionally dragged them over her sensitized flesh.

“See what you’ve been missin’ by holdin’ out?” he teased, his voice heavy with arousal. He chuckled when she just grunted. He reached up to peel the packet from her fingers and tore it open, tossing the wrapper aside and rolling the condom on. The throb in his thigh was nothing compared to the throbbing higher up and he was only paying attention to the second one as he wrapped his arm around her waist and shifted so they were lying on the couch.

She watched him through heavy eyelids as he reared up, his gray eyes dark as they traveled over her. They darkened even further when she spread her legs wider in invitation and she gave him a sultry smile that made his dick jerk. “Better hurry up before you waste that,” she said with a throaty chuckle as she lightly rasped her fingernails along the sensitive underside of his shaft. His strength still amazed her and it was an incredible turn on when his hands gripped her hips, easily lifting them so he could slide his tongue through her folds to tease her clit before he lowered her again.

His hands moved over her thighs for a few moments before he gripped them tightly and pulled her close. He guided himself to her entrance and watched her body take him in until he was buried to the hilt. He moved within her a few times, a slow advance and retreat dance, before his eyes traveled up over her body. Her breasts moved with his thrusts and it annoyed him that he couldn’t see them.

She smirked at the look on his face and she shook her head in amused defiance when he told her to take it off. The material was wet where he’d sucked on her nipples before and she knew it was driving him mad. He stopped moving and repeated the request and she knew she had him. Her legs wrapped around him and she clenched her inner muscles, causing his hips to flex in response.

“Val,” he warned, his voice rough.

She didn’t capitulate fully, teasing him instead by pulling her top up just enough to give him a glimpse of her nipples.

He growled when his lower body moved without his permission and he was beyond giving a response when she gave in to his demand. He lowered himself over her when she reached for him even as his hips picked up speed. He knew she was close again but he was too far gone to get her there as his body stiffened and he came.

“Over,” she ordered, moving against him when he complied. His lazy gaze followed her movements as her hips rolled against his, seeking enough friction to send her over the edge one more time. He had a fairly quick rebound time but even he wasn’t fast enough for this round. His hands settled on her hips and he watched her hand as it slipped between her legs. She wasn’t shy about pleasuring herself and given a few minutes of watching her he’d be ready to go again.

“Don’t even think it,” she rasped with a look at him through narrowed eyes. “You’ve got work to do.” She shifted to give him room when his hand joined hers and she braced her free hand on his chest as she rushed headlong into another mind melting orgasm. She let her body recover for a few minutes before she forced herself to get up.

Alex watched her as she reached for the washcloth in the basin, wringing it out and using it to gently clean him up. She stood and grabbed his boxers from the floor, tossing them to him before gathering up her things and heading out of the room. “Get to work, Whitman. We need to know what’s on that drive.”

He grinned and got dressed before reaching for the laptop and going to work. He glanced at his leg, grinning when he realized she hadn’t hovered over the injury. It felt a little sore but it didn’t actually hurt. He ran through the security protocols again and when he typed in the final password to access the file decryption he realized that the program had completed its work.

“That’s it, baby. Come to daddy.” He fisted the air when he opened the folder and all of the individual files were clearly marked.

“Sicarius,” he muttered under his breath. “What the hell does that mean? Wait, what was that other word…” He snapped his fingers. “Sicariorum was Latin for assassins, so…” He pulled up the translation program he’d installed and typed in the word. “Yep, Latin for assassin, singular. Makes sense.” He cracked his knuckles and ran a search of the folders, isolating two of them and locking the others in a new folder.

He checked both folders, identifying two sub folders in each of them. Without looking into Bane’s folders he closed them out and opened up the sub folders in Val’s folder, putting them side by side on the screen.

They were only named 1 and 2 and didn’t give a hint of the context, but once he opened both of them, his eyebrows lifted in a mixture of surprise and shock when her entire history unfolded in front of his eyes.

Valkyrie wandered back into the room, frowning when she saw the look of concentration on his face. “You find somethin’?”

“I think I did,” he muttered, not sure how she would react to it. Valkyrie had never made a big secret about how little she cared about finding out more about her past.

“And?” she asked while checking a few of their weapons and the trap she had installed on one of the windows in case someone tried to break in. “Anything we can use?”

Alex’ eyes flew over the documents in folder two. “Not sure... Isabel.”

Something about the name was familiar but she didn’t know why. “Who’s she?”

He glanced up. “Nowadays she carries the name Valkyrie.”

Her brows pulled down and her hands stilled on the gun she was field stripping to keep busy. “That folder’s about me,” she mused. “I don’t see how that’s gonna help us take them down.”

“If we wanna take them down we have to learn how they recruited their army of assassins.”

She slammed the gun down on the coffee table. “I already told you how I was recruited.”

“And why would you believe anything they said after all we’ve learned the past week?”

She cleared her throat when he hit her with another round of logic. Sometimes she really hated him. She picked the gun up again and sat back in her chair, assuming a bored expression. She didn’t care about her past. She didn’t. Whether she’d been told the truth or not it wouldn’t change anything. “Fine, what’d you uncover?”

“I’m still reading,” he muttered and his eyes took in as much as possible. “I think the fact about the car accident is true. There was one and it seems like you were the only survivor because you weren’t wearing your seatbelt and you were thrown from the car before it exploded.”

“Yeah, well, not news. Drivers under the influence are rarely the ones that get killed in those scenarios.”

“You weren’t driving. Your father was.”

Her heart leapt into her throat. No, it wasn’t true. She was responsible for the accident. “Is that so?”

“According to the police reports, yes. Your family was in a van. Your father was driving, your mother in the passenger seat, your sister and you in the backseat as well as your grandparents. A truck in front of you on the highway crashed and its load came loose, hitting the cars behind it.”

“So it was an accident and I was just a convenient recruit, is that it?”

“Your whole family was in that car and you were the only survivor,” he nodded. “I guess that made you convenient.”

She sighed and shook her head. “Well, it doesn’t change anything, does it?” But it did, even if only for her. She’s spent years believing she was responsible for killing her family.

“Well, if they made up such things for everyone else... maybe we could.” He knew it was important to her, but he wanted to give her time to process the information.

“What? How?”

“Well... we have dates like this not only for you and Bane. What if their assassins accidentally got a mail with their pasts as well?”

Her head snapped up and she stared at him. “It would cause an upheaval. Could you even do that? Access email accounts for them?”

“Their contacts are also in here, so that’ll be like doing the 101.”

“The 101?” she repeated.

“Simple math?”

“Oh, right.” She shrugged. “There are folders with similar information for the rest of the network?”

“At least for a lot of them,” he nodded. “Bet they wouldn’t be happy with the Circle if they learned the truth.”

“We could also set another chain of events in motion with notification.” She tapped her thumbnail against her bottom lip thoughtfully. “The Circle finds out about it they could potentially initiate the kill switch on all of them.”

Alex frowned. “Do we want that?”

“I don’t know. On the one hand it would considerably limit the army they could send after us, but on the other, if we could bring any of them to our side it would give us more power.” She shook her head. “We should get the list to Bane, have him take a look and get his opinion on the subject before we make a move.”

He nodded. “We can do that.”

“We’d need a way to contact all of them outside of points of contact connected with the Circle. Otherwise they could intercept the emails before they got them.”

“There’ll be a way,” he said confidently and leaned back to rest his head against the couch.

“I’ll give him a call, find out where he wants the information sent.” She frowned as a thought occurred to her. “Is there a way for them to have written any kind of directive into the code to allow them to track us when you broke their encryption?”

“There could be,” he nodded. “But I took precautions. If there is, the signal will lead them to the wrong location.”

She nodded. Of course he’d thought of that. “Anything else?”

“There’s a lot of information. It’ll take a while to look through everything.” He pinched the bridge of his nose. “But this will be helpful. It’s already worth the risk... and the shot I took.”

Her gaze dropped to his bandaged leg. It bothered her more than it should have that he’d been wounded. Killing Reaper hadn’t been a matter of just protecting their position. She’d killed him because he’d put a bullet in Alex. It was dangerous getting so involved with him but she couldn’t seem to keep herself from taking the risk. “Keep looking,” she muttered as she reassembled the gun.

It was past lunchtime when the computer sitting on the kitchen counter made a quiet sound and made Michael look up from the map of the area that he was studying. For a moment he just frowned at the device before his feet got the order to walk towards it. Before he was able to press one of the keys, the cell phone next to it started to buzz and he picked up quickly.

“Here,” he barked into the phone, irritated that it had taken so long to hear anything from them.

“Jeez, Bane,” Val muttered. “Alex sent you an email. It contains a link where you can download some files.”

He opened the mail up and nodded to himself. “Yeah.”

“I’ll hand you over to him so he can tell you what to do.” Val just rolled her eyes and threw the cell in Alex’ lap. “Here.”

Michael heard the grunt at the other end and bit his cheek before he could comment on anything. “So?”

“First you need to download it. It’ll probably take a while,” Alex started. “When it’s done you won’t be able to open it up, but there’s a second link in a second mail. Follow the instructions there to decode the dates you downloaded. It’ll take about three or four hours at least.”

“And this’s safe? No one will be able to track it?” Michael lifted an eyebrow as he stared at the slowly increasing green download bar.

“It’s as safe as it can be over the internet,” Alex countered. “You’d have to know the exact time and location as well as a few other things to trace it, which is next to impossible, considering the Circle has no clue where you are right now. Isabel wants you – “

“Isabel? Who the hell is that?”

“Val wants you to have a look at it as well as the suggestion we made in one of the coded files,” Alex corrected himself and could easily see the frown lines on the other man’s forehead. “Contact us after you’ve had time to view it.”

“Alright,” Bane agreed and hung up, not wanting to even ask what was up with the name switch. He waited impatiently until the download was finished, then went through the steps Alex had listed to decode the files. He looked up when he caught movement from the corner of his eye and his spine straightened suddenly. “What the hell…” he muttered.

Maria stopped in her tracks when she noticed his gaze on her. “What?” She moved from one foot to the other, glancing down at herself nervously. “You said we could practice some self defense again.”

“In THOSE clothes?”

“What’s wrong with them?” she asked defensively and wrapped both arms around her upper body, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Tess had plenty of workout clothes in her closet and she’d thought that it would be okay to change into something more comfortable for this stuff.

Well, there wasn’t anything wrong with the tight black yoga pants or the nice fitting green tank top she wore, but did she seriously think he’d be able to teach her anything related to self defense while she was showing off her body like that? Damn innocent woman! “You think your opponent will wait until you change clothes before he attacks?”

“I just thought – “

Michael rolled his eyes. “Let’s go into the gym.” He wouldn’t change her mind about the clothes anyway and hell… who said they’d be practicing for long?

“Do you have any news from Alex or Liz?” she asked when she saw the open laptop.

“Val sent some files but it’s gonna be a while before I can get into them.”

“Oh, okay. Anything else?”

He shook his head, certain she was asking about her friends. “No.”

“Okay,” Maria sighed and dropped her arms from around herself. She would not allow him to dictate how she dressed!

“Last we heard they were safe in New York. There’s no reason to think they’ve been compromised at this point.”

“I know, I know. They’re supposed to stay low.” She had told herself that over and over again but the truth was she didn’t want to be responsible for their misery.

“Whatever happens, they signed up for it.” The words were cold and unfeeling, but she had to understand that no one had forced them to get involved.

“They weren’t signed up,” she made quotation marks in the air. “They did it to help.”

He rolled his eyes at her. “The point is no one forced their hand. Yeah, they got involved to help, but that’s on them.”

“It doesn’t make me feel any better,” she gritted through her teeth.

“You can’t carry around the weight of guilt for somethin’ that hasn’t even happened to them. They could stay low like they were told to do, stay off the radar, and if circumstances are right they could still get caught. But whatever happens, it won’t be your fault.”

Maria bit her lip and just nodded. She knew he wouldn’t understand. Or maybe he would but he didn’t want to or blocked those thoughts because it was needed. Whatever... she needed to deal with this alone and not be so obvious that it was weakening her.

He tipped her head as he studied her, trying to make sense of the expression on her face. She wouldn’t be able to compartmentalize her emotions and he knew that. No amount of pushing her would change that part of her. He shot one more look at the screen. The green load bar was taking its sweet time and nothing he could do would rush it. He reached up to rub the back of his neck as he forced himself to his feet. “Alright, let’s get practice underway.”

“Sounds good,” she agreed prosaically.

Yeah, he thought as his eyes wandered over her, practice sounded good, but not the kind she had on her mind.

“In the gym you said?”

“Unless you’ve got somethin’ else in mind.” Because he definitely had something else in mind and that outfit was only keeping his thoughts focused in a different direction.

“No, I’m good.” She had an idea what he was suggesting and he could forget about it. For now.

He snorted and gave a one-sided shrug. “Then I guess we’re goin’ to the gym.” He motioned to the doorway. The least she could do was provide him with a view.

Maria rolled her eyes and went ahead, aware of his gaze on her ass.

He had to stifle a groan and his hands flexed at his sides to keep them from reaching for her. Watching her ass sway in those tight little pants was pure torture. And the self defense lesson was only gonna make it worse because the only way to do it right meant full body contact.

“How you wanna start?” she asked as she stopped in the middle of the mat that was already laid out on the floor right in front of a large mirrored wall. Kyle and Tess really hadn’t spared any expense when they built this house.

By stripping you outta that outfit and burying myself deep inside you. He shook himself to clear his mind of those thoughts. Focus, he ordered himself harshly. “Alright, let’s go over what you’ve learned so far.” He assumed a threatening stance and motioned for her to get ready.

“Sure.” She turned her back on him and waited for him to ‘attack’.

He took his time, just waiting for her to relax her guard slightly. As soon as he saw an easing in her posture he was on her, his arms coming around her tightly and pinning her to his body.

Maria tried to remember what he had taught her, using her foot to stomp on his instep and throwing her head back to hit him.

He winced at the impact from her foot and jerked his head back to avoid direct contact between her head and his face. His grip loosened just a bit, giving her an opening to see if she remembered what he’d taught her.

Maria felt his grip around her weakening, so she used the opportunity to shove one elbow right into his gut before she turned around to aim for his crotch.

Michael shifted so the shot to his crotch didn’t make direct contact but instead of letting her know he was alright he completely released her and dropped to the ground, bracing one hand on the mat as he breathed harshly. “Sonofabitch,” he muttered, watching her from the corner of his eye.

“Uh,” Maria’s eyes widened in shock. “Sorry, did I...” she dropped to her knees in front of him.

He moved so quickly she never knew what hit her. He had her pinned to the mat, his weight holding her in place before she could even register what was happening. “Don’t ever let an enemy get the drop on you. They’ll use anything at their disposal and that includes using your humanity against you.”

“Uh...” she started up at him breathlessly. “I wouldn’t have cared about an enemy.”

“Can you say that with certainty?” he rasped. People who weren’t trained to deal with threats could so easily find themselves feeling guilty for injuring a perpetrator.

“Well, the whole point is to make them hurt so I can escape, right?”

“You do anything you can to escape. You kick, bite, claw, whatever it takes, and you don’t allow yourself to feel an ounce of pity or remorse for anything you have to do to them to get away.”

Maria nodded slowly. “Okay, I will.”

He cleared his throat as he became painfully aware of just how tightly they were pressed together.

“So....” Was he going to teach her how to get out of this position?

“So...” he mocked gently. His grip on her wrists tightened fractionally as he watched her. “Any idea how you get out of this one?”

She tried to think, but somehow that was hard in this position. “Uh...”

“Completely vulnerable position, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah. The thing is, your attacker’s in a vulnerable position too.”

“So what you’re sayin’ is...”

“An assailant gets you pinned like this,” he nodded down at himself, “he leaves himself wide open to an attack from his victim. To keep you pinned down his knees are on either side of your body and your knees are right between his.”

“Right,” she agreed.

“Your first reaction is to fight his hold,” he flexed his grip on her wrists to draw her attention to them. “Resist that impulse. It goes against every instinct but you have to condition yourself to fight that reaction. A majority of his balance relies on your resistance.”

Maria nodded and closed her eyes for a moment to concentrate. “Okay.”

He eased up, relaxing his hold for a minute. “What you’re gonna wanna do is let your arms go limp. That’ll give him a moment of surprise. When that happens you take advantage and spread your arms further out.” He nodded when she did as he directed. “Now,” he lowered his upper body over her, “when you do that his upper body’s gonna drop forward like this and as that happens you bring your head up and crack his nose, chin, whatever you can reach. That’s gonna stun him for a few second at least and give you your next advantage. Bring your knee up and ram his nuts up into his throat, more than once if you have the opportunity and then get the hell away from him.” He brought her arms in together again and tightened his grip. “Let’s go again.”
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 46 - 2/21/16

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Tess and her workout clothes....
Michael and Maria ready to go again!
Love it,
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Good chapters!!!! Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next. Wow so Alex id finding out a lot of things. Hopefully they will find more info to help them. What is going on with Max and Liz? Are they still a live?

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Why am I not surprised that "Val" is Isabel? But there has to be more then what we have learned going on.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

So Alex hit the jackpot! They need all the info they can get to bring the Circle down.
Take a look at Eva's world