THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Epilogue - 11/6/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 32 - 9/6/15

Post by sarammlover »

Oh good!!! This was all I could think. I am so glad Maria and Liz are talking and figuring out the truth. I am glad Maria is starting to believe that Max and Liz were truly into being friends with Maria. I think it was good. And I am so curious to find the truth of everyone's past!!!!
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 33

Post by Double Trouble »

Earth2Mama: Yep, he’s surprisingly possessive.

Don’t hold your breath on the boys getting along... at least not anytime soon.

Roswelllostcause: The girls are definitely heading in the right direction.

keepsmiling7: Keep your fingers crossed.

Eva: Lol, that tension is certainly ratcheting up.

Yep, going out there to handle their missions without having that issue resolved would create a problem.

begonia9508: Lol, well... they’re definitely not as ready to fight with each other as they were a few chapters back.

sarammlover: Yeah, it was important to Maria that they bridge that gap before her friends went out to face the danger waiting for them. That truth will come in time.

Part 33

For the first couple of hours after the other couples left Maria kept to herself, doing dishes, straightening up, and basically just keeping herself busy. She wondered if Alex would be able to find anything out about the two assassins they were involved with. Time and again her thoughts went back to his parting words and she wondered if it was possible to protect your heart, to keep it safe enough that it wouldn’t get broken.

Somehow she didn’t think it was. It seemed to her the only way to achieve that nearly impossible goal would be to lock yourself away and never take any risks. That didn’t really seem like any way to live. If there was no risk there was no reward. She knew she was drawn to Michael; physically, sexually, even emotionally, but somehow she had a feeling that was the biggest risk of all.

What if by some miracle they managed to succeed and bring down the Circle? What if they made it out of this alive? He wasn’t the type of man to stick around. Once everything was said and done he’d leave and she wouldn’t see him again. She shook her head and sighed. If her heart finally tipped over that ledge and she fell in love with him it would hurt like hell when – not if – he left.

“Let’s go.”

She whirled around when Michael came up behind her unexpectedly. “Go where?” she asked, her heart pounding at the possible answers to that question.

“Get your coat on.” He held up a couple of guns. “I’m gonna teach you how to shoot.”

Shoot, she thought. Of course. She had asked him to show her, right? “Okay.” Never ever had she considered holding a gun in her hands and now it seemed to be the only logical thing to do and learn, considering the one-eighty her life had taken.

Well, there were other things he could teach her. His gaze moved over her slowly before giving himself a mental shake. “Survival first.”

She hurried to get her coat out of the other room, jumping slightly at his words and hoping he hadn’t noticed it.

He smirked and went back into the other room, loading up on ammo and then heading for the back door. He checked their surroundings before leading the way out of the house and closer to the woods. He wanted to maintain cover as much as possible. He took a couple of shots just to get himself under control and he rolled his shoulders as she finally joined him. “What took you so long?”

“It wasn’t that long.”

“Long enough,” he grumbled. “Okay, here, let’s start with your stance.” He positioned his body as he took aim with the gun, motioning for her to mimic his pose.

The snow was deep so it took some effort to find a good balanced stance. “Okay.”

“Alright,” he said as he came up behind her and brought his arms around her body to place the gun in her hand. “This’s a Glock 19. The weight’ll be better for you than mine would be.” He cradled his hands around hers as he brought them up higher. “You wanna use the sight to line your target up.”

“An’ what’s the target?” she asked, hardly able to focus with his body pressed up behind her.

“See that broken limb? It’s kinda hangin’ over the fence. We wanna aim for the break in the branch, see if we can drop it. Don’t just pull the trigger, you just squeeze it nice an’ gentle.”

“Nice an’ gentle,” she muttered and squeezed one eye shut to take aim. She had no clue if what she did was right, but it felt right and he didn’t correct her so she moved her index finger slightly.

“Slow an’ easy,” he murmured. “Just take aim and take the shot.”

She took a deep breath and then held it while she repeated the whole process of bringing the branch into focus. When it appeared right where she supposed it should be she squeezed her finger over the trigger, trying to not be startled at the sound.

He chuckled when the recoil caused her body to jerk backwards and into him and the shot went higher than expected. “That’s what’s known as the recoil.”

“I see,” she snorted when the branch didn’t even move after her shot.

“If your body’s not braced for the recoil your shot’s gonna go wild and you’re gonna totally miss your target. Try it again, maintain your stance, and take the shot.”

“Okay,” she agreed with determination and took another breath before going back to concentrating. She took aim at the branch, bringing it into focus and then squeezed the trigger again, better prepared this time since she know how it would feel.

“That’s more like it.” She still hadn’t hit the branch, but she was closer. He shifted her hands, bringing them up a little higher. “Again.”

Maria followed his instructions willingly, because well... he was a pro when it came to weapons and she was a beginner. He could probably teach her a lot more about all this stuff than any self protection class or a random cop.

“You’re closer,” he muttered when she took the shot. “Use your left hand to cradle your right. It’ll steady your shot.”

“You couldn’t have picked up a bigger target, huh?” She shook her head slightly and aimed again with the help of his advice.

“Just because an attacker would be bigger than that branch doesn’t mean you’d necessarily hit him either.” He urged her to take another shot and this time the branch exploded into a shower of shattered wood chips.

“I did it,” she shouted in surprise.

“Do it again,” he said before she could start jumping up and down in her excitement. “Next branch up.”

“Don’t give me one moment of triumph, huh?” She rolled her eyes and took her position again, feeling him moving away, leaving only cold to surround her. But on the other hand she felt proud that he trusted her enough to let her do it on her own.

“Not until you give me somethin’ to be triumphant about.”

“Wonder what that could be,” she muttered to herself and took her next shot.... and then her next, which finally hit home.

“Much better,” he praised her efforts. “Go for a lower branch but make it the next tree. Pick one about my height and take it off the tree.”

She looked around for a while until she found one that fit his instructions, but when she aimed at it and squeezed the trigger she only got a ‘click’ in response.

Michael smirked. “Lesson two. Always know when you run outta ammo.”

“Funny,” she countered.

He pulled another magazine out of his pocket and demonstrated how to release the empty and slide the loaded one into place before replacing the empty and handing her the replacement. “Reload.”

She took everything from him and tried to remember everything he had done. It wasn’t as easy as it had appeared in his trained hands. She almost dropped the full magazine while pulling at the empty. “Damn, yeah, I know what ya think. Spare me the words.”

He shook his head. “Don’t pull at it,” he laughed. “You just release it and it’ll drop right into your hand.”

Maria looked at him, confused. “Release it?”

He wrapped his hand around hers and showed her how to release the magazine and he held her still when it hit the ground at her feet, sticking in the snow. “When you’re under fire the last thing you worry about is an empty magazine. You leave it where it lands. By the time it hits the ground you should already have the reload in place. When you’re under fire every second counts.”

Nodding, she hoped she never got into a situation where she had to remember this, because she knew she would lose.

“We’re gonna practice until you can do this in your sleep. By the time I’m finished with you, you’ll be able to take out a target without hesitation.” He shifted to the side and reached up to turn her head so he could meet her gaze directly. “Hesitation can get you killed, do you understand me?”

She nodded, but it didn’t mean she could fire at a person without a second thought.

She had her doubts, he could see them clearly. He moved around to stand in front of her. It was difficult for him to understand her hesitation. For him, taking out an assailant wasn’t a question. If someone came at him, he put them down, no questions asked. He could put her through the paces, he could make sure she understood the mechanics, but she wore her heart on her sleeve and when she looked at people she saw their faces rather than the potential evil that lurked inside. He had to make her see beyond her sensitive boundaries. “Someone comes at you there can be no hesitation. Even a single moment of hesitation can cost you that sliver of advantage you have. You hesitate and an animal like Ronin owns you.”

“What if the person turns out to be innocent?” How would she be able to decide in a heartbeat who was a threat and who wasn’t?

“Sometimes you don’t know. You have to trust your gut instinct.”

“Okay,” she nodded, not wanting to think about it. He saw this from a totally different perspective than she did and it wasn’t necessary to fight over it.

“Let’s take a break from this and go inside.” He could train her to hold a gun, he could train her how to shoot accurately, but when it came down to that fateful moment it all came down to whether or not she could pull the trigger when faced with another human intent on hurting her. Some people just couldn’t do it. He knew that but he didn’t understand it. “Let’s try some defense training. At least that way you can put a hurt on an assailant without necessarily killing them, and if they’re innocent, at least they’ll survive.”

“Sounds good,” she followed him and sent a little prayer to heaven that she would be able to listen to what he said as soon as he tried to teach her something that included close body contact. The cold outside had helped her to keep her focus – but within the walls of the cabin... what would she use for concentration?

“Okay,” he stripped out of his coat and hung it up before sitting on the bench below it to unlace his boots and kick them off. He left her to finish, unbuttoning his shirt and shrugging out of it on his way into the living room. He tossed it on the couch and moved the coffee table out of the way before pushing the couch back to give them more room. He disappeared downstairs for a few minutes, collecting the exercise mats he’d discovered while he was trying to avoid the racket Val and her civilian were making the other night. Bringing them back upstairs he unfolded them and laid them out in the area he’d cleared. He was dusting his hands off when she finally joined him and he used his right foot to nudge one of the mats over, closing a small space between them. “Ready?”

“Uh-”, her gaze landed on his bare chest. “I think?”

“Don’t waste time thinkin’.” He walked backwards on the mats and motioned for her to follow him. “C’mon, let’s go. Face me and tell me what you know about self defense.”

She had taken classes when she was 13! Not much of that knowledge was still there. “Well, I know you should use your opponent’s swing to your own advantage. Like pulling at his arm when he comes at you rather than trying to block it. I know that the most sensitive spots on a man are their nuts as well as the Adam’s apple.”

He shot a look at her. “Do not aim for the nuts here, got it?”

She smirked. “No?”

“There are plenty of things you can do with my nuts but during self defense instruction they’re off limits.”

“I’ll remember that.”

“Do that. We’ll go over every part of self defense including crackin’ a guy’s nuts, but since we don’t have the appropriate protective gear we’re gonna keep that purely demonstrative.” He shuddered internally at the thought of a full contact hit. Been there, done that, and it wasn’t an experience he wanted to repeat.

“Where do we start?” Her gaze once more wandered over his bare chest. Why the hell did he have to take his shirt off?

“We’re gonna start with your focus ‘cause you keep lookin’ at me like I’m your next meal and these mats are gonna get a workout of a completely different kind,” he growled.

“I can’t see why you had to take your shirt off for any other reason than to distract me,” she told him with her hands on her hips. “I doubt any enemy would bother to strip his shirt off before coming at me.”

“There’re a million ways you can lose your focus during a fight if you’re not careful. You have to be able to lock onto the immediate danger and shut everything else out.”

“Okay,” she relaxed and looked into his eyes. “What do you want me to do?”

He sighed and shook his head. “Alright, first thing to remember is you have a very small window to strike and make it effective. Go for the eyes. You temporarily cause them pain it can buy you enough time to put some distance between you and maybe get away. Your attacker comes at you from the front you can also go for the nose.” He grabbed her right hand and held it up, uncurling her fingers and pulling it towards his face. “You shove the heel of your hand right here, slam it up as hard as you can. Your assailant comes at you from behind, you use your elbow to do the same things. That move’s gonna cause plenty of pain and it also buys you some time to make tracks.”

She nodded. “What about here?” She used her hand and held the flat side right under his nose. “Liz once told me that if you hit this spot hard enough your opponent would be in too much pain to hold you any longer.”

“Yeah, maybe if he’s already down. You’re gonna be at a physical disadvantage with just about any assailant because they’re gonna be bigger than you. Go for the eyes, the throat, the nose, the nuts, or the knees. They’re the weak points.”

“Got it,” she nodded. “Eyes, throat, throat, nuts, knees… all in the same line.”

“Exactly. You go for an assailant’s knees, don’t make the mistake of attacking directly, take them out from the side. It’s more effective.”

She tried it lightly, bringing her foot up to brush against the side of his knee to memorize it. “Sounds painful.”

“It’s painful, but more importantly it can be immobilizing. Strike from the front there’s a better chance of your assailant taking the painful shot and still comin’ after you.”

“We don’t want that.”

“No. You strike hard and you strike fast. Now,” he moved up behind her and wrapped his arms around her tightly, effectively restraining her, “free yourself.”

She couldn’t move an arm, which sent his hit in the eye suggestion to hell. She was also too short to do any damage with her head against his! Ungh! What was she going to do? Stomp on his foot or something? “Um, what am I supposed to do?”

“The instep is also a sensitive spot, remember that. As much as your brain tells you otherwise, relax against your assailant’s hold but keep your feet firm under you. You’re gonna force him to move forward with your weight. When he makes that move you slam your head back and you’ll collide with either his nose or his chin. Either point of contact may be enough for him to loosen his hold and give you the opportunity to drive your elbow into his ribs and make a break for it.”

“That makes sense,” she muttered, going over it in her head. Yeah, it sounded like it could work.

“Try it and don’t hold back.” He shook his head when he felt her resistance. “I’m not gonna stand here an’ let you shove my nose up into my brain. I’ll sidestep that move, but go with it and let me handle that. Use your foot and your elbow and put your weight behind it.”

Well, if he wanted it... she relaxed in his grip like he had instructed and waited until he made that move forward. As soon as she felt him lean in slightly, she slammed her head backwards. He ducked to avoid the impact like he had said, but his grip on her loosened so she lifted one foot to bring it back down on his while her elbow moved backwards.

He grunted when her heel slammed into his instep. He felt the moment of hesitation, the lack of force in the elbow shot and he shifted his weight, letting her start to pull away and then using his uninjured foot to take her legs out from under her. She landed on her back on the mat with him over her, his weight braced on his hands and knees. “That was good, but you pulled your punch at the last second. You pull your punch, you give your assailant the advantage. This is NOT the position you wanna be in with someone who intends to assault and kill you.”

“Guess not,” she rasped, staring up at him. Focus, Deluca!

He got to his feet and took her hand, hauling her back up. “Let’s go through it again.” He spun her around and locked her in his grip.

She repeated the whole procedure – slammed her head, stomped on his foot and this time, she didn’t hesitate to jerk her elbow back as hard as her body and his grip allowed to.

“Much better,” he grunted. “You get that shot in good and your assailant will release you. It’s an involuntary reaction but it gives you a momentary advantage to run.”

“That’s good,” she smiled, proud of herself.

He nodded. “Well, we know you can run. The fact that you’ve been running for exercise for the past few years gives you a damn good advantage once you get free. Okay, I’m temporarily down,” he motioned around them, “now run for it.”

“Run?” She frowned and looked around. Oh well, she thought and took off down the hallway.

He waited a couple of seconds before taking off after her. No assassin worth his salt would be down for longer than that. He paused to listen halfway down the hall. Uh-huh, there it was. A small sound, but one that gave her position away as effectively as a flashing neon sign. He approached the door to the second bedroom and cautiously opened it, peering around the edge and seeing the slight sway of the clothes in the open closet. He moved closer and grabbed the door, jerking it all the way open just as something slammed into him from behind. He was quick on his feet but it took him a moment to regain his balance and turn to go after her. He could hear her running down the hall, heading back towards her bedroom and the living room.

She glanced around quickly, trying to decide where to go and when the room didn’t provide any shelter, she moved to the kitchen quickly and ducked behind the counter. Okay, this wasn’t an effective hideout, but she wasn’t just gonna run out into the cold or anything with the alarm being set and the temperature below freezing.

He paused at the doorway to the kitchen, cocking his head slightly to catch the telltale signs that would give her hiding place away. His lips curled up in a rare smile when he heard the sounds of her breathing. He could tell she was trying to control it but he could hear it in spite of her best efforts. He moved across the room, his steps silent. He vaulted up to crouch on the bar above her and he reached for an abandoned package of tiny marshmallows, pulling one out and dropping it.

Maria grinned to herself. She had witnessed him in the reflective surface of the oven door and when the marshmallow dropped next to her, she took it and ate it, tipping her head back to grin up at him. “Yummy.”

“Your assailant won’t be comin’ at you with marshmallows,” he said as he shoved a handful in his mouth. He dropped down to the floor and took her hand. “C’mon, let’s go again.”

“We could change all the ammunition in the world to marshmallows, how does that sound?”

“Ineffective,” he muttered.

“Just sayin’,” she shrugged and went after him again, ready to learn more.

“Back to the mats. You’re never gonna have the advantage of size over an opponent so you’ve gotta learn to use anything and everything around you.”

“Are you sayin’ I’m short?” She snorted. “Your friend Tess is a gnome.”

“She’s also deadly.” He shook his head. “Looks can be very deceiving. I’ve seen her drop guys that outweighed her by more than a hundred pounds.”

Maria stood in the middle of the mat, waiting to see what he had in mind. “So with the right training I could ‘mat’ you, huh?”

“With the right training you could drop just about anyone.” He shook his head. “You’re gonna have to learn to focus though.”

“All focused,” she muttered and nodded to let him know she was ready.

“Okay, you can’t freeze up when someone comes at you. It’s natural for anyone to react to a dangerous situation with the fight or flight response. You can run, but it doesn’t always guarantee you’ll get away. That means you’d better have a handle on how to defend yourself.” He moved before she had time to even register the movement and in the next instant she was face-down on the mat with her right arm pinned behind her back.

“Oooff,” Maria felt the air leaving her lung. “What am I supposed to do?” She gave an experimental tug with her arm but nope, that was not the way outta here. Her legs were pretty useless as well or so she thought they were.

“Fightin’ in this position won’t get you anywhere but worn out. You wear yourself out you make yourself an easier target for your assailant. Like we went over earlier, you have to make yourself relax. If, and I stress the word IF, your assailant turns you over, you might have a fightin’ chance. You get an assassin on you like this,” he placed the tips of two fingers against the base of her neck, “the ground’s the last thing you’ll ever see.”

“That’s really enlightening.”

“My point is: Don’t let anyone get the drop on you.” He released his grip on her wrist and shifted her over onto her back, his dark eyes boring into her. “It’s gonna take time but you’re gonna learn to defend yourself. And you might not care for guns, but you’re gonna learn how to use one.” But would she ever be able to point and pull the trigger when the target was a living, breathing person? He wouldn’t bet on it, but he intended to make sure she was capable of taking aim and hitting an intended target.

She nodded and hoped she had the time to learn before she got caught or killed. “Do you think we have a chance at all?”

“We’re still alive.” He eased back to rest his palms on his thighs, trying to ignore the fact that she was under him and tempting him. “We have a plan in place, but right now all the pieces of the puzzle are pretty scattered and some of ‘em are still missin’. It doesn’t help matters that we’re stuck here in the middle of nowhere and relyin’ on others to gather information and do the footwork.”

“Eventually we’ll have to get outta here, right?”

He nodded. “When we have more information and know what our next move should be. For now our location’s secure and we’re gonna take advantage of that.” His gaze moved over her as his thoughts wandered to just how many ways they could take advantage of their situation.

“What do we do if they find us here?” His weight was pressing her into the mat but it wasn’t an uncomfortable feeling at all, just a little weird considering the conversation.

“We fight like hell.” He moved again, this time leaning his upper body forward until he could place his hands on the mat on either side of her head. “That’s why it’s so important that you learn to handle weapons properly. It’s not just your life you might save if we come under fire.”

“You’ve saved mine more than once and I’d be happy to return the favor, but...” she bit her lower lip. “How good are my chances? Me against trained assassins?”

“First thing you need to do is get that question outta your head.” He shook his head. “Your focus needs to be on learnin’ every aspect of self defense.”

“I’m trying,” she said honestly. “But I’m also a realist. Maybe it’s better you just go on with what needs to be done if they ever get their hands on me and you can still make it outta here.”

“You think I’d leave you alone and haul ass outta here if we came under attack?”

“No,” she admitted quietly, “I just said maybe it would be the better option than to come back and risk even more. What good does it do if we’re both dead?”

“Then take these lessons seriously.” He lifted one hand from the mat to cradle her cheek in his palm, his thumb ghosting over the bruise there. He still didn’t understand his pull to this woman because it wasn’t just sexual.

Maria swallowed visibly as she stared up at him and nodded slightly. “I’ll do my best.” His touch felt like a fire that slowly spread through her whole body.

“I’d expect no less.” His eyes followed the movement of his thumb as it left her cheek to trace over her lips. He should be following his own instructions and focusing in other directions, but she was such a sexy fuckin’ distraction!

Was he aware of her hard breathing? The much quicker pulse all of the sudden? She was sure he could read her traitorous body signals just fine and it irritated her but at the same time, she didn’t care enough to escape this intimate moment.

It’s nothin’, he insisted silently. You just haven’t been laid in a while. It’s only natural you’d be ready to nail the only woman around. His traitorous mind snorted disdainfully at the mental battle being waged but he ignored it. He had a willing female under him. Inexperienced maybe, but willing. Hell, she’d practically begged him to take her virginity so why the hell had he been holding back?

An internal battle, she thought when she looked at his face. There was so much going on behind those dark eyes and she wasn’t sure which side would win. The one that would tell him to take a step back or the other one? Leaning into his touch, he reacted the way she was hoping for.

He lost the battle when she moved, the heat in her eyes obviously an invitation. He waited for no further encouragement, bracing his weight on his left hand as he took her mouth in a heated kiss. He wasn’t interested in waiting any longer, wasn’t interested in anything other than satisfying the hunger burning through him. His right hand dropped to her neck, long fingers wrapping around the back to hold her still as he thoroughly kissed her.
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 33 - 9/13/15

Post by Eva »

And then he gave in...

The way he learned her to protect herself and to shoot wasn't only for her own safety. At the same time it was a long and intense foreplay. It was meant that way, but oh boy, it so turned out like one.

I'm sure I don't need to say that I'm eagerly waiting untill next week?
Take a look at Eva's world
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Well it seems things are starting to heat up in the cabin!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

no further encouragement needed!
Thanks,
Carolyn
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

I am so glad Michael is teaching Maria some self defense and how to shoot a weapon. I imagine it won't be easy for her in the moment but maybe it will give Michael peace of mind if anything dangerous should arise. I also like Michael is finally giving in to his feelings! AHH!
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please come back and please let us know what is going on with the other couples. I can't wait to read what will happen to Max and Liz. So please come back and post more really soon?

L-J-L 76
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

I'm glad Maria made some piece with Liz before they left for their mission.

It's great to see Michael training Maria to defend herself. It's quite fascinating and very educational. I'm glad to see it didn't take Michael long to lose focus. I wonder if he will really go for it with her now or will something stop them. Whether or not they get out of this a live is a long way a head I'm sure but it should be interesting to see where it will find them when or if the time comes.

Excellent parts.

Looking forward to reading more.
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 34

Post by Double Trouble »

Eva: Lol, no, he sure didn’t mean it that way. Of course, they may be on the same page but the question is if they’re in the same book. We’ll see how that goes today.

Roswelllostcause: Yep, definitely getting toasty in there!

keepsmiling7: Apparently not, lol.

sarammlover: Having Maria gain some know-how when it comes to weapons and self-defense will give him some peace of mind. He’s in the moment. We’ll have to see how long that lasts, lol.

L-J-L 76: You’re in luck because today we’ll be checking in on Max and Liz!

Alien_Friend: How the current heat between M&M turn out will be revealed today, hehe. On thing is for sure, Bane’s bad-ass bone is cracking around her, can you hear it?

Part 34

Maria’s eyes widened for a moment when the force he was coming at her with surprised her, but then she relaxed again and concentrated on the way his lips and teeth teased her. It was rough, almost a little painful, but she had never felt a better, more arousing pain before.

Her capitulation only fueled his need and any thoughts of taking things slow left his brain at the speed of light. The only thing he could focus on was the rush of blood heading south and the desire to take what he wanted. She wasn’t giving him any signs to indicate she wasn’t into it so he ignored everything but his body’s insistent demand for gratification. His hands worked to free the shirt from her jeans, but they were unable to stay still for very long.

Oh God, his hands on her body caused a totally new level of arousal. The rough calluses on his palms flew over the sensitive skin of her sides and left a trail of fire – at least it felt like that.

A moan escaped her lips as soon as she turned her head in need of air.

He growled and grabbed her chin, pulling her mouth back to his as his frustration with her defiant clothing caused him to tear the material in his haste.

Okay, she had seen guys seen do that in movies but she had never thought it really happened in real life.

The feel of her skin against his rougher palm slowed him for a moment but after a brief pause his touches once more became insistent. He made quick work of her bra and he abandoned her mouth in favor of kissing a fiery path along her throat and down to her breasts.

Another new sensation hit her when she felt his hot wet mouth on one hard nipple. Touching herself there before had always made her wonder what the big deal was but she had a feeling she was finally getting a clue.

He bit her nipple and then soothed it with his tongue as he reached down to pull her thigh up so he could settle more comfortably against her. Yeah, this was what he needed. Well, he reasoned, she needed it too. Maybe if they weren’t constantly dancing around the obvious he could keep her focused on the things she needed to learn. She was no slouch as a student in this area, he mused when she pushed herself up to meet his mouth. She was eager to learn and fuck, he had so much to teach her. He groaned when his dick became impossibly harder at that thought.

His fingertips dragged along the inseam of her jeans as he ran his hand along the back of her thigh. He would move up and slide his hand over her ass before letting his exploration take him back down again. When she shifted against him and moaned he dragged his hand back to her waist, his palm rasping against the soft skin there for a few moments before he unsnapped and unzipped her jeans. He played with the elastic band of her panties before slipping his hand inside.

It was too much to keep up with, she thought. A moment ago she had been trying to memorize the feeling of his hands and lips on her exposed upper body and now he had changed it all again. “Michael,” she groaned lightly.

“Don’t talk,” he rasped as started to shove her clothes down.

“Wait,” she found herself saying.

That was not one of his favorite words in this type of situation. His brow pulled down in a frown, certain she was just experiencing a bout of nerves. As soon as she let herself go she’d be fine. But before he could inch her jeans down any further her hand wrapped around his wrist. “Just give it a minute and it’ll be fine.”

“Can we go slower, I…” She suddenly felt stupid. Who was she kidding? This wasn’t a man who had ever made love. He had a lot of experience, but none of them involved emotional bonding.

“Slower?” he echoed.

She bit her bottom lip and held her head down so she didn’t have to look him in the eyes. “Yeah, um... as you know this’s all a little new to me and...” Maria sighed, feeling embarrassed now.

He didn’t understand what that was gonna do other than potentially cut off the blood supply to his higher brain function. “Are you kiddin’?”

“No,” her sense of self preservation kicked in at his irritated tone. “I just don’t wanna rush through it.”

“Well, maybe you should’ve thought about that before we got goin’,” he bit out. Now his temper was beginning to edge past the shock at being told to slow down. No chick had ever told him to slow down. And you’ve never bedded a virgin before have you, his little voice mocked. He shoved it away. If he started listening to his suddenly emerging conscience he was gonna lose his edge.

“Yeah, maybe,” she said quietly and tired to cover herself as a feeling of humiliation washed over her. What had she been thinking? He was NOT a college kid. He was an assassin who was used to going at things roughly. Could she really blame him? No, that wouldn’t be fair.

He shoved himself up and winced as he got to his feet. “I’m gonna go take care of this,” he grumbled with a motion at his lower body. He wasn’t sure what she wanted from him. One day she says she wants him to take her virginity and then when he’s ready to do just that she wants him to drag it out. He had no idea how to even begin doing what she was asking. He just didn’t do that. He nailed whatever piece of ass he’d gotten into bed and then he was gone. She wasn’t like that though and he didn’t know what to do with her. Then there was that whole issue of not being able to just walk away afterwards because he had taken on the responsibility of keeping her alive.

“Okay,” she whispered, thankful that he didn’t take it out on her any further because that would have destroyed the last bit of her self confidence.

What the hell was he supposed to do now, he wondered as he stomped into the bathroom and reached into the shower to viciously turn the knob. Not only was his right hand nowhere near as satisfying, it wasn’t what he wanted. He didn’t want to dwell on her request, but he couldn’t quite shake it off. She was a rookie where sex was concerned. Her body had never been initiated so he supposed she had a right to expect her first time to be experienced with a little consideration. He just wasn’t sure he was the right guy for that. He jerked his clothes off and tossed them on the floor.

What the hell had he gotten himself into?

Alex glanced up when the program he had been running suddenly stopped and the screen began to reveal blocks of text rather than the encrypted symbols he had been staring at for days. He frowned and rubbed the back of his neck as he scanned over the first few pages of medical notes attached to the file.

“Hey, Val?”

“What?” she muttered without looking up from the explosive device she was working on.

“We’ve got a problem. Well, not us, but Michael and Maria do.”

Valkyrie glanced at him before focusing her attention back on the thin wires she was connecting to the pressure plate. She didn’t bother pressing him for an answer, knowing he would tell her what the problem was as soon as he had all the pertinent information.

He read the report with a sick feeling in his gut. It made sense in a sick, twisted way. The Circle would have to have a way to cover their tracks, a way to deal with anyone in the organization that went rogue.

“The doctor that operated on you after the accident where you lost your family is the same one who oversaw the care – and I use that word in the loosest possible sense – of the people drafted into the assassin network. This guy was discharged from the military for experimentation on the soldiers he was treating. He was brought up on charges but disappeared before he could be taken to trial.”

So there was more at work than just the trackers. She reached for the soldering gun and continued working.

“I’ve read up a little on nanotechnology but what he’s done is on a completely different level. He’s created an interface between neurotransmitters in the human body and the nanites.”

Her brow knitted in a frown as she processed that information. “For what purpose?”

“Ultimately, his goal is complete mind control. I’m no expert in this area, but judging by what I’m reading it sounds like he’s still years from seeing that particular research produce the results he wants.” He scrolled back up the page before turning to look at her. “The immediate threat is the tracker Michael has inside of him.”

“He said Tess was able to short-circuit it.”

“Yeah, but the trackers were designed to withstand an EMP. If I were to guess I’d say she was at least partially successful due to the fact that she made direct contact with it.”

“You don’t think the tracker’s dead.”

“I think it’s risky for him to wait much longer to get it removed. There’s a failsafe built into the trackers and if there’s even the smallest amount of activity inside the device then it’s only a matter of time before it comes back online. Remember when I said they created an interface?” He went on when she nodded. “Based on what I’ve read here, his own body will reactivate that tracker and when that happens he’s a ticking time bomb.”

She set the soldering gun aside and slowly lifted her head to look at him as the full impact of his discovery hit her. “You’re saying we weren’t only tagged and experimented on. We were implanted with a kill switch.”

“Yeah. It sounds like they’re designed to disrupt certain neurotransmitters and allow them to generate new messages that’re routed to the brain. Val, their assassins have all served in the military. All of them.” He turned and punched in a command, pulling up a screen with a list of assassins. “I’ve grouped them based on their status. Some of them were killed during a mission for The Circle, some were killed in random accidents, but this group right here?” He tapped his knuckles against one of the columns. “Suicide. A handful of them were bomb-related but most of them were self-inflicted gunshot wounds. In every case the bodies were recovered by an office connected to military affairs and operated under Jaan Welling.”

“Baxter’s right hand.”

He nodded. “They have the perfect cover, Val. These deaths have all been attributed to PTSD. They’re loners; they have no family, so there’s no one to ask questions and no one to request an autopsy in the event of these suicides.”

“Can they use the nanotechnology to transmit other signals to our brains if the trackers have been removed?”

“No, not in the early experiments. You and Michael were among the prototypes and without the tracking device they become dormant. Eventually, without activity they degrade and at that point there’s no chance of reactivating them. The newer tracking devices are considerably more advanced and they seem to be exerting an increased amount of control.”

She rubbed the back of her neck unconsciously. “So if his tracker comes back online all they have to do is send some kind of signal to it and he’s dead.”

“Yeah, him and Maria both. They’ll most likely go one of two ways: One, we’re looking at an order for him to kill her and then himself or they’ll just initiate the tracker’s ability to act as an explosive device and they blow both of them up.”

“We have to warn him.” She stood and crossed the room to look out the window into the darkness beyond. This was just one in a line of safe houses. It was nice and comfortable but she had no particular attachment to it. This one was situated in a quiet little neighborhood in Lexington, Kentucky. It was a modest little two bedroom that she’d dump after this was all over.

“Are there any indicators that would let us know they’ve compromised him and activated one of those commands?”

Alex turned back to the computer and scanned through the reports chronicling the final days of the assassins in question. “Excessive irritability, erratic mood swings, violent outbursts…” he trailed off as he scrolled down the page.

“So basically it’ll amplify his natural personality,” Valkyrie said dryly.

He snorted at that. “Okay, before these symptoms begin to manifest themselves it looks like there are some warning signs. Headache that hangs on, possible sensitivity to light, loss of appetite… huh,” he muttered.

“What is it?”

He cleared his throat. “Well, according to the notes seventeen percent of the assassins in this category experienced a complete lack of sex drive.”

“That alone would be enough to send Bane over the edge.”

“Yeah, well, that’d be true for any guy.” He scratched his chin. “I know I don’t know him very well, but considering how much food he put away while we were there I’d say loss of appetite will definitely be an indicator that shouldn’t go ignored. We have to get him to someone who can remove that tracker.”

She shook her head. “It’s too hot for them to move yet.”

“And if he snaps while she’s with him she’s as good as dead anyway.” He was silent a moment. “What if Tess goes to them? She has medical training, right? Well, sort of, but he trusted her enough to let her attempt removal once before.”

“I’ll contact Bane, see what he thinks.”

“I wanna talk to Maria after you talk to him. She needs to know what signs to look for because once he starts exhibiting symptoms the clock starts ticking and she has a limited window to let us know what’s goin’ on.”

“Getting Tess to him might be our only option if they’re still in that location when that happens. She’d at least be close enough to reach him in time.”

He nodded and went back to reading the profiles while she went for the phone to make the call.

The Maritime National Bank was a large structure located on the corner of a busy intersection. It was an old building but well preserved and due to a recent upgrade it was now secured by a top of the line security system, around-the-clock onsite guards, and enhanced security features to ensure maximum protection for their clients’ money.

“It’s not bad enough we’ve gotta deal with internal security,” Max muttered, “but we’ve also got more street cameras than I’ve ever seen in a localized area.”

“Well, if anyone’s watching at least they’re not looking for a middle-aged couple.”

He snorted and glanced at himself in the rearview mirror, shaking his head at the older aged reflection staring back at him. “I’ll be glad to get rid of this crap. My face feels like it weighs more than it should.” Before separating Valkyrie had located a theater and using the supplies there had made them look older than they were.

“Well, if the bank is under surveillance she could be right about them having facial recognition software.” Admitting that the female assassin might be right about anything left a bad taste in her mouth. She wasn’t that thrilled with all the makeup either, but it made sense to alter the structure of their faces in the event she was right.

He nodded and opened the door, slowly getting out and glancing around as he moved to open her door to help her out. “She didn’t have to pick out a car that’s older than we are.”

Liz made a face at the older model vehicle, painted in a shade of green that couldn’t have possibly come off the assembly line. “It sure as hell isn’t anything I would’ve picked out.”

“Yeah, that cracker jack box you picked out was so much better,” he muttered as they walked up to the bank doors.

“I told you Augie didn’t give me a choice,” she said and shoved her elbow into his side.

They entered the bank and walked up to one of the courtesy officers, waiting until the woman acknowledged them.

“Good morning,” she greeted them with a smile. “May I help you?”

“We’d like to access our safe deposit box,” Max said with a smile.

“No problem. I’ll just need to see identification and then we can go right on back.”

He reached for his wallet, sliding out the fake drivers’ license card he had been given and handing it over to her. She verified the information against what was in the bank’s records and then stood with a smile and led the way to the vault where the safe deposit boxes were housed. Once he had the box in his hands he set it on the table and she excused herself, leaving them alone to view the contents.

Liz frowned when Max pulled the lid off and a single document, wrapped in a transparent film was its only contents. “What is it?”

“It’s not what we were hopin’ for,” he sighed. “This’s like chasing after a damn treasure. We’re just bouncing from one clue to the next.”

She took the document out and studied it. “It’s Daniel Deluca’s last will and testament.”

“Yeah, which doesn’t give us much to go on.” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“If Halverson hid it from her then it means he was scared his brother left something important for his family.”

“But what?” He scanned over the document, searching for anything that might tip them off.

She leaned against his side to read through it as well. “Whatever it was, Halverson didn’t know either because Daniel Deluca made sure only Maria or her mother could get it.” She pointed at one of the sentences.

He leaned in closer and frowned. “Hell, Maria’s the only one who can access this information and that’s not even possible right now.”

“It really could be anything.” Liz sighed. “A hint of the truth as well or maybe some emotional thing he wanted to leave for his family.”

“Yeah, but he had to know his life was in danger. You don’t take on an organization with this kinda power without knowing. And if he found a way to lead Maria to whatever this is, he’d have to know it’d be years before she could access it.”

Liz glanced around the small room and took the will from his hand to shove it into her purse. “Let’s go. This location’s freaking me out.”

He chuckled and closed the box back up before sliding it back into its slot. “You sure you’re not just ready to get outta your middle-aged getup?”

“Well, that too.”

“I think Val got a kick outta settin’ us up for this assignment.” He held his arm out to her. “Once we get outta town we head down to New York, lose ourselves in the city.” That was the plan anyway. It was too big a risk to head back to where Maria was hiding out and Alex was on his way to carry out his mission with Valkyrie.

“I wish there was more we could do,” she sighed and took his invitation.

“Yeah, I guess for now we keep our heads down and try to avoid drawing attention to ourselves.” They got into the car and he started the engine, his eyes checking the street for anyone that might be watching them.

“How long do we have to wait before we contact them?”

“She said to wait until we were at least halfway to New York.”

“I wish I was a more patient person,” she sighed and leaned back in her seat.

He shook his head. “I wouldn’t have you any different than you are.”

“Good answer.”

He smiled and forced his hand back down when he reached up to rub his face. The makeup was making him itch and it was driving him crazy. They were under orders to leave it on until they were well out of Salem and certain they weren’t being followed. “We’re supposed to switch cars and identities in Hartford. That’s about halfway to our destination so if we make it that far and there’s no sign we’re being followed maybe we’ll be safe for a while.”

Liz wondered how safe they could ever be after this, but nodded anyway. “A shower sounds good. Hopefully we’ll get one soon.”

“We should be in the city in just under five hours and then we’ll lay low and live off of room service for a while.” He turned his head to look at her, letting his gaze move over her before turning his attention back to the road. “I’m sure we can find somethin’ to pass the time.”

She snorted. “I can’t believe you’re having horny thoughts even now!”

“What, and you’re not?”

“Nope.”

He shot a look at her. “Are you serious?”

“You look like an old man, Max.”

“Well, I wasn’t thinkin’ about us havin’ sex with all this crap on,” he huffed.

“No? Why not?” she teased. “It gives you an outlook of what will be in twenty years or so.”

“Yeah, well, why rush it? We’ve got twenty years to ease into it,” he said with a laugh.

“Yeah, if we survive this.”

“We’ll survive it.” He reached over and took her hand. “When this’s all over and we go back to our boring lives, whatcha say we get married?”

“Oh my God,” she pulled her hand away, “don’t tell me that’s your proposal?!”

“What was wrong with it?” He rolled his eyes.

“What was wrong?” she echoed. “Well, everything! The timing, the location...”

“So askin’ when we’re runnin’ for our lives lacks the romantic element you were expecting?”

“Definitely!”

“Well, I guess I can always ask again later and maybe I’ll get it right.”

She smirked. “You can try.”

“Try?” He shook his head. “Maybe, maybe not.”

Liz huffed. How unfair!

“Maybe I’ll just wait around and you can ask me.”

“Ask you?”

“Well,” he turned and pulled out onto the Interstate, “you seem to have some idea of how it’s supposed to go, so you buy the ring and ask me.”

“NO way!”

“Why not?”

“Because that’s not how I imagined it either,” she sulked.

“I’m sorry, I’m not laughin’ at you,” he said when she shot a look at him. “Okay, what’d you have in mind?”

“I’m not telling you and it’s nothin’ specific. It just can’t be on the run when there’s no time to let it build up!”

“Fine, I’ll come up with somethin’ better.” He rolled his eyes at her and checked the rearview mirror again, squinting as he tried to make out the license plate on the nondescript black sedan.

Liz turned her head to see what had caught his attention. “Is someone following us?”

“I’m not sure yet. It’s not the only black car on the road but without getting off the road to see if they follow us our options are pretty limited.”

“It’s a busy road. We could just pull over and pretend to look at a map.”

“Yeah, we...” he glanced at an upcoming road sign. “No, even better, there’s a rest area a couple miles up the road. We can pull in there, see if they follow us.”

“Okay,” she nodded and settled in her seat to be less obvious.

He maintained an even speed until they closed in on the exit and his foot eased off of the accelerator as he took the slight turn, following the road as it curved through the tree-lined path. “Anyone else take the exit?”

“I’m not sure, but I think we’re good.”

“Alright, we’ll hang here for ten minutes or so and then get back on the road. If we’re bein’ followed and they just moved ahead to avoid being obvious we’ll overtake them soon enough and they’ll be behind us again before long.”

“Sound like a plan,” she agreed.

Ten minutes dragged by but when they finally passed they exchanged a glance and headed back out. He scanned the cars they passed and watched the rearview mirror, just waiting to see if the black car showed up again. “Okay,” he said after nearly half an hour had passed, “I think we’re in the clear.”

“Thank God,” Liz released a breath and relaxed.

“What do you think we should do with ourselves once this’s all over?”

“I don’t know. The world is full of possibilities, right?”

“Yeah, I guess it is.” He ran a hand through his hair. “Maybe we should find a new line of work.”

“Yeah, that would be nice. Somehow a normal job sounds good right now. What about waitressing?”

“I don’t think I could pull off the uniform,” he said with a straight face.

“Uniform?”

“Waitress uniform,” he laughed. “I don’t have the legs for it.”

“Ha ha,” she shoved his shoulder. “Funny.”

He grinned and changed lanes, passing a slow moving truck. “Yeah, I don’t really care what we do so long as we’re not livin’ on the run.”

“Yeah, somehow it always seems a lot of more romantic in books.”

“Guess it is when you know the characters are guaranteed a good ending.”

“Yeah, true.” She made a face. “We’re not part of a romance novel though.”

“I guess if we were that proposal would’ve been a lot more romantic,” he said with a snort.

She laughed. “Yeah but the hero wouldn’t have just said: Maybe we should get married.”

“Point taken. I’ll just sit on the ring a while longer, see if I can dredge up somethin’ romantic for you.”

“You have a ring?” Her eyes widened.

Hell yes, he had a ring! The damn thing had been burning a hole in his pocket for weeks now! “Does it matter? My proposal wasn’t good enough so now you can just wait.”

She grunted in frustration. “Alright, fine, but I warn you, Evans! If we somehow get caught up in this shit an’ you don’t get the chance to ask me properly, I will hold it against you.”

He laughed. “I could let you look at it, but since my proposal wasn’t what you want you couldn’t try it on and I know that’d just about kill you.”

“Fine,” she crossed her arms over her chest, “keep it. I’ll be waiting and then I might say yes.”

“I might ask and you might say yes.” He checked the mirrors again as he smirked. “We might just have an interesting future.”
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 34 - 9/20/15

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh my! What's a life! Always on the run and now, Michael has a dead piece of shit in his body...
And that the reason why he aks like the caveman with Maria... I guess he didn't have time to learn how you treat a woman :twisted: :roll: !

Thanks EVE :lol:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!