THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Epilogue - 11/6/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 38 - 10/18/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Damn! Things are not going as well as Alex and "Val" would like! Hope that Alex isn't hurt too bad.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh no! :twisted: It is not nice to end the part with a cliffhanger! :twisted: :lol: But it was interesting anyway and I damned want to know why all of this is happening... :twisted: :roll:

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

Yeah, it's very normal they wouldn't get out with no fuss or drama. That wouldn't be logical. The question will be: how big of a drama will it turn out? I'm crossing my fingers & hoping for the best!
Take a look at Eva's world
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

poor Alex......
Thanks,
Carolyn
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Whoa... I've missed quite a bit.

Seems like the only people NOT getting laid are Michael and Maria. WTH?! :lol:

I hope Alex is alright and that Val gets to him and out in time. :?
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

F WORD! I am so bummed they found Alex and Val. I have to admit it seems like this has all been a little too easy for them (though Alex IS wicked smart.) I sure hope he is ok and I hope Val takes this shooter OUT!

Michael is totally becoming a softie (it's all relative of course). Glad Tess and Kyle don't get bothered by Michael's piss off attitude. I feel like things are heating up in this story now...shit is about to go down!

YES! WHere is Sunday????
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 39

Post by Double Trouble »

Roswelllostcause: Yeah, lol, this’s one snag in the plan they weren’t anticipating. We’ll find out today how badly Alex has been hurt.

begonia9508: No, it’s not, lol, but it was where that chapter happened to end. It’s gonna take a little time before we find out why this is happening.

Eva: Nope, things went smoothly, but they did run into a snag there at the end. Val will report in today on Alex’s condition.

keepsmiling7: Yeah, that wasn’t something he wanted to experience.

Earth2Mama: Welcome back!

Lol, yeah, go figure...

We’ll check on Alex today and find out what the situation is.

sarammlover: Lol, well, as good as Alex is... as good as Val and Bane are... there is still an entire network out there looking for them so it was only a matter of time before something threw a monkey wrench in the works. Hmm... you want Val to take that shooter out, huh?

Nope, Kyle and Tess aren’t bothered in the least by Michael’s moods or attitude. They’ve known him for some time and they know when to let it go and when to challenge it. Lol, things are definitely heating up.

Hey, look at that! We found Sunday!!!!!!!

Part 39

Reaper was trailing Valkyrie’s position but he suddenly jerked his face back from the scope when bright light assaulted his eyes, the glare coming at him through the night vision equipped scope temporarily blinding him. Fuck! He shook his head and unsheathed his combat knife, knowing she’d be on him before the spots before his eyes had time to clear.

Valkyrie used his short disorientation to shoot up from the grass. She sprinted towards him. He would expect her to come at him from the side or from behind, but no, she intended to practically jump in his face.

The impact, when it came, was a direct frontal assault. It wasn’t what he’d been anticipating. He’d been braced for her to hit him from his blindside, but she’d gone for the unexpected hit. He stumbled back and took a strong stance as his vision finally cleared. “I’ve already winged your pet,” he taunted. “He’s dead weight to you now.”

“The only one dead here is you,” she gritted through her teeth and held a knife right over the pulse point at his neck. “Any last requests?”

“Got a couple involving you, but I’m guessing you have no intention of granting either of them.” His left arm came up, knocking her hand away and ducking back out of reach. He could feel blood creeping down his neck where the blade of her knife had nicked him, but he’d managed to avoid a cut to the carotid artery. It was a small sacrifice to make.

“You’re right,” she dropped to the ground and rolled over, gun already in hand. She fired off a shot and hit him right in the ankle.

“Fuck!” he howled when the bullet shattered the bones as it tore through his body. There was no chance of maintaining his balance and he stumbled backwards before crashing heavily to the ground. He froze, mid-reach, his intent to go for his gun falling away when she stepped closer, staring at him over the barrel of her own gun.

“No last request then?” she asked and took the shot, the bullet impacting with his forehead. “Good.”

Alex tore a strip off of his shirt and wrapped it around his thigh, trying to remember if he was supposed to tie it above or below the wound. He had no clue so he pressed a wad of the material over the wound and then tied the strip around it. He had no idea if the shooter was still out there or not so he continued to crawl through the mud.

Val turned to look around, narrowing her eyes and concentrating on the movement of the grass. When she detected movement that wasn’t compatible with the direction of the wind, she made a quick move towards it. “Alex,” she bent over him, “how bad?”

“Hell, I dunno, I’ve never been shot before. My damn leg feels like it’s on fire and it’s probably infected from crawlin’ around in the mud with God only knows what kinda organisms floating around.” He looked up at her. “What about you?”

“The blood’s not mine,” she muttered and held her hand out to help him up.

“Well, that’s good at least.” He accepted her hand and got to his feet, grimacing when the pain worsened as he took his full weight on his legs.

“You’re gonna have to suck it up until we get outta here, Alex. I know it hurts, but we can’t stop to patch you up here.”

“No problem.” He gritted his teeth. He’d seen hundreds of movies where the hero got shot and the guy never seemed to think about the bullet wound while he was running and jumping over and around things, evading and pursuing. Talk about fiction versus reality, he thought.

She glanced at his thigh and was relieved to see it wasn’t bleeding too much. Yeah, he had a chance. “Come on.”

“How’d we get outta there with only one person comin’ after us?”

“Better be glad it was just one.” She steadied him as good as possible until they finally made it to the car. “Feel dizzy?”

“Little bit, but not a lot.” He glanced down at his leg. “It’s not bleedin’ much. I don’t know if that’s good or bad.” He shook his head and turned back to face the direction they’d just come from. Why only one person? Surely the guy had notified others when he’d caught sight of them. Or had he been that confident he could take Valkyrie out? He was sure the reward for removing her was great, but it would also be a risk to take her on alone.

“Okay, get in, we’re getting the hell outta here and then I can get that bullet out of you.”

“Hell, if you wanted to play doctor we could’ve done it without the bullet.” He eased down in the seat and sighed as he dropped his head back. Now it was his turn to sit still while she dug around for a bullet. He just hoped he could sit through it as calmly as she had when he’d been trying to get that damn tracker out of her.

“Don’t worry,” she said as she got behind the wheel, “I’m a good doc.”

“I guess you’d have to be.” He grunted when he shifted around to drop his backpack on the floor between his feet.

“The bullet is still in the leg, right? It wasn’t a through and through? Didn’t exit through the back,” she clarified when he looked at her.

“I dunno. It hurts like hell but I guess if it’d been a through and through I’d be bleedin’ a lot worse.”

“Yeah,” she agreed. Hopefully it hadn’t landed close to an artery because that could be a problem when it was removed.

“You ever removed a bullet in the leg?”

“Yeah,” she tapped her own.

He swallowed down the nausea. “Anyone else’s?”

She smirked. “I pulled one out of Bane’s ass once.”

“Well, I didn’t get shot in the ass.” He straightened his leg out and glanced at her. “Who shot him?”

“Who knows? We were in the middle of a damn battlefield.”

“You fought together,” he mused quietly. “Military?”

“No, we were sent into a warzone together, an assignment from The Circle.”

He nodded. It would explain their rather unorthodox relationship. “The two of you, you’ve got an interesting relationship.”

“Interesting?” She lifted an eyebrow.

“Well, there’s respect between you and there’s definitely... familiarity there, but I’m not sure I’d call it friendship.”

“In our jobs you don’t do friendships, just something that I’d maybe call a sort of sympathy.”

“Sympathy?” he echoed.

Valkyrie nodded.

“Because you can’t afford ties? Because your lives don’t allow you to form lasting relationships?”

“Because in our job you don’t know what’ll happen. I was sent to kill Bane.”

“But you didn’t. You could’ve killed him more than once.” He glanced at her, watching her expression in the light from the dashboard. “Why didn’t you?”

“Because he was up to something. And I knew him well enough to know that whatever it was, it had to be important because he’s never failed before.”

“It’s just interesting that you took that leap of faith. I mean, you put your life on the line based on nothin’ more than that.”

Val shrugged. “What did I have to lose?”

“What happens to you after we take The Circle down?” he asked, not bothering to answer her question.

She didn’t have an answer for that. What would she do if she couldn’t go back to the only thing she knew?

“You’ve been in the military and you’ve worked as an assassin, you’re obviously very financially set, but we pull this off and I’d think that’s gonna paint a target on your back. On all of our backs, really, because they have to know who the players are on this side by now.”

“Bane’s mission is to make sure Maria Deluca survives. I help him,” she shrugged and looked at him briefly. “And I’ll make sure you survive this so she’ll at least have one friend left.”

“Are we really gonna be able to go back to our lives when this’s all over?” He closed his eyes and dropped his head back against the seat. Somehow going back to college classes seemed next to impossible after the turn his life had taken.

“No, it won’t be the same. But you can start over somewhere new.”

“Will we still be able to maintain contact with each other? Or is that gonna be a risk? Kinda like people in witness protection; y’know, they move someplace totally new and cut all ties with family and friends because the people after them will look for patterns to help identify them.”

Would she want contact, she wondered. “It depends on how this turns out, Alex.”

He had been talking about him and Maria, but he was happy to follow her train of thought. “Only two ways it can go, right? Dead or alive?”

“So much is true. We don’t know to what extent The Circle operates. Could be there’s just no chance to be safe at all.”

“You have safe houses, right? Probably even some out of the country?”

“Yeah.”

“Where?” he asked curiously.

“If I told you I’d have to kill you,” she joked.

He snorted and shifted uncomfortably, the burning, throbbing in his leg a constant reminder that he had been shot. “C’mon, who am I gonna tell? Tell me you own a place somewhere with miles of sandy beaches, crystal clear ocean and nearby ruins to explore.”

“Maybe I do. Not sure about ruins.”

“I’ll settle for the first two.” He cracked one eye open to look at her. “There’s somethin’ infinitely better to explore than ruins.”

“Underwater World?” she guessed coolly.

“I can be persuaded to do some exploring underwater.”

She left the highway and headed towards a relatively small town she’d seen advertising a motel a few miles back. It wasn’t safe, but they needed to take proper care of his wound. “That bullet wandered into your brain?”

“Nope, why?”

“You seem to be having some kinky thoughts.”

“That surprises you?” He snorted and shifted again. “Have you looked in a mirror lately?”

Val smirked and stopped the car in front of a twenty-four hour pharmacy. “Be right back.”

She was gonna kill him. The pain in his thigh should be more than enough to derail any kinda sexual thoughts, but it wasn’t. His mind wandered back to their conversation about where they’d be after this ended. He hadn’t been kidding about being with her. He was in this deep enough with her that he’d happily go wherever she went.

It took a while, but she finally came back with a plastic bag full of things. “Ready?”

Alex eyed the stuff. “You pay for it?”

“Yeah, so?”

“Really? With money? No criminal behavior?”

She rolled her eyes. “I can do that, you know? Act normal when it’s needed.”

He smirked. “That’s good to know.” He reached up to rub his forehead and he frowned when his hand came away damp. “I’m startin’ to feel a little bit lightheaded and I think I might be runnin’ a fever.”

“There’s a motel about a mile from here. We’ll stop and take care of you.”

He nodded. “Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.”

She drove down the road the woman at the counter had told her to take and was relieved when the motel came into sight. Stopping the car in a shadowed area, she got out. “Wait here, I’ll find a free room.”

Alex just nodded and watched as she disappeared into the darkness, not taking the route to reception.

About five minutes later she came back and opened his door. “Found one.”

“Legally?” he muttered as she helped him out. Honestly, he didn’t even care at this point. His hand hooked around one of the straps on his backpack, hauling it out and getting a good grip on it because it would’ve taken too much work to heft it up over his shoulder.

“Well, no. No one should know we’re here. The motel’s pretty empty.”

“Smart move.” His legs were starting to feel like rubber. “I don’t suppose you’ve got any anesthetic in that bag?”

“Nothing that’ll really help in that area.”

“I was afraid of that. Not that I’m a wuss or anything, but this’s gonna hurt like hell, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, it is. But you’re probably gonna black out from it, so there’s at least that.”

“Great.” Every damn step was agony and the motel looked like it was getting farther away rather than closer.

“Come on,” she urged him, lifting one shoulder under his arm to take some of his weight from him.

“Infection’s the biggest risk once the bullet’s out, right?” He was trying to remember what he’d seen and heard on TV.

The biggest risk for now was him bleeding to death if the bullet pressed on a major artery but she just nodded. “I’ll take care of it.” She was certain she could prevent the wound from becoming infected.

“Okay.” The building was starting to swim as his vision began to waver. “We need to be on the move again soon as this thing’s out.” He knew they couldn’t risk hanging around. He’d lost track of how long they’d driven after getting out of the compound, but regardless, he knew they needed to put more distance between them.

“Yeah, true. But don’t worry about it.” She would haul him to the car if necessary.

He nodded and leaned against the wall while she dealt with the door and before he knew it he was being lowered to the bed. “God, that feels good,” he mumbled as he flopped back, still gripping the backpack in his fisted hand.

“Let go,” she placed her hand over his.

He had to concentrate to get his fingers to cooperate but a few moments later the strap slipped from his grasp and she pulled it away.

“I’m taking your homemade bandage off now,” she muttered while spreading everything she needed on the bed next to him. “And then your pants will have to go.”

“I can think of so many other scenarios where that line would sound so great.”

She snorted. “At least you haven’t lost your sense of humor, Whitman.”

“Are you kiddin’? I’m on the run with the hottest woman on the planet and she’s tellin’ me to take my pants off.” He forced a pained grin. “What could be better than that?”

“Well, maybe takin’ ‘em off without a bullet in your leg?”

He tried to snap his fingers before pointing at her but somehow they didn’t seem to be coordinated enough. “Excellent answer.”

“Alright,” she pulled the bandage off of him, glad when it didn’t start to bleed immediately. “Pants off.”

He fumbled with the button and zipper, bracing his weight on his right foot so he could lift himself enough to shove his jeans down over his hips. “Fuck,” he hissed as he carefully lowered himself back down, “remind me to never get shot again.” He gestured weakly to his jeans and nodded gratefully when she grabbed them by the cuffs and pulled them the rest of the way off.

“I’d appreciate that too.” She threw the pants on the floor and walked around to sit on the bed next to him. “It doesn’t look that bad. It didn’t hit any major arteries.”

“Good news,” he agreed. “I’d rather not bleed to death if I have any choice in the matter.”

She took the disinfectant spray and held it up. “This’s gonna hurt.”

“Of course it is.” He grabbed her wrist before she could use it. “It’s not gonna make me scream like a little girl is it? I’d just like some warning so I can be prepared.”

“Depends on you tolerance for pain.”

“That’s reassuring.” He had a high tolerance for pain, but he’d never been tested at these levels.

“Breathe regular and deep,” she advised and went to get started on his leg, realizing how much he was trying to hold it together when she started to touch the wound with a pad. “I can see the bullet. It’s not in too deep.”

“That’s a good thing, right?” His right hand clenched in the blankets as pain erupted in his leg.

“Yeah, it is.” She took the tweezers and reached into the wound, needing a few seconds before she got a good grip on it. Slowly, she started to pull and relief flooded her when she wasn’t greeted with a massive gush of blood.

He lifted his head to stare at the bloody bullet. “Okay, this isn’t my favorite thing, but I’m guessing it could’ve been a helluva lot worse.”

“Yeah, it could be.” She washed the bullet off with alcohol and placed it on his stomach. “Here, a souvenir.”

“Thanks.” He dropped his head back and groaned. “Am I gonna be able to walk on it?”

“Not much, but you should be able to get to the car.”

“I’m guessin’ we’re goin’ to ground so where’re we headin’ when we leave here? Where we were before or someplace new?”

“Someplace new. You’re gonna need a couple days of rest before we continue.”

He nodded. “You gonna tell me where? I know you’ve already got the place mapped out.”

“Up north.”

“Okay,” he felt like his brain was scrambled as he tried to think. “We’d wanna stay away from our friends’ location to avoid compromising them, and New York would be a risk because that’s where you sent Max and Liz, so based on our current location...” Why was it so hard to think? “Minnesota? No, South Dakota?”

She gave him a brief nod while she did her best to sew the wound shut.

“South Dakota.” He winced at the needle piercing his skin. The pain shouldn’t rank up there with the damn bullet wound. “That’s where Mt. Rushmore is, y’know? I haven’t been there, but I’ve heard it’s pretty impressive.”

“It’s just stone, Whitman.”

“Well, yeah, but just think of the time and patience it took to carve that thing.”

“I’d rather think of how we get to our next stop without getting killed.” She started to bandage his thigh after pouring a load of antiseptic on it.

“Yep, not getting killed is pretty high on my list.” He was trying to avoid passing out but the pain radiating out from the wound was making it harder and harder to do. “You own a place there?”

“No. Not there.”

“Then we’re not holin’ up there?” He shouldn’t be having this much trouble following a simple conversation.

Valkyrie snorted. “Give your brain a rest, Whitman.”

He nodded and fell silent for a few minutes. “You’re gonna need to rest soon.”

“Don’t worry about me. I’ve gone a lot longer without sleep.”

“That sounds healthy,” he muttered tiredly.

“Take half an hour to rest, Alex. I’ll wake you up then.”

He nodded and reached for her hand, holding it loosely in his as he met her gaze. “Didn’t figure it’d take me getting shot to get you into bed with me.”

“Now you’re starting to hallucinate,” she answered with a smirk. “Seriously, Alex. Rest!”

“Just curious,” he mumbled, trying to keep the words straight in his mind before they found his tongue. “You have done it in a bed, right? This aversion to an actual bed can’t be an ongoing thing, it’s gotta be somethin’ to do with me.”

“I’m not answering that,” she muttered, but he was already too far gone to hear it. Her eyes rested on his face for a while before she reminded herself that she should make preparations for their departure.

Maybe not now, he thought, but one of these days... was his last thought as he lost consciousness.
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 39 - 10/25/15

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! Better to be on the good side of Val than the other one; She is a fine agressor and doesn't understand fun!

She remember me of Kensi, the 'warrior' from NCIS LA, no? :lol:

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Well Alex will live! Boy now he has a great story to tell his grandkids about!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Sorry I was wondering what is going on with Max and Liz?

L-J-L 76