Truth and Lies (AUwA, Max, Child) 1/1

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Truth and Lies (AUwA, Max, Child) 1/1

Post by Zanity »

Truth and Lies

Author: Zanity

Summary: Thoughts of a young Max Evans

Rating: Child

Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.

Authors Note: My apologies for inflicting this on everyone. I couldn’t sleep and this was running on loop through my head. I thought sharing it might help.

Fourth grade Max Evans looked at the paper in his hands and read it again. He had no idea what had possessed him to write the truth down. The teacher had asked them to write down what they wanted to be when they grew up. Max looked at the paper again:

Liz Parker’s Husband

He didn’t understand all the specifics of it yet, but he knew boys and girls got married and lived together when they grew up and he wanted to live with Liz. He looked over at her sitting diagonally in front of him. She was pretty and something inside her called out to him.

He’d connected to his parents many times without their knowledge. It helped him learn English and understand human behavior enough to start to act human. He’d shared a connection with his sister many times when they needed to communicate without their parents finding out. But what he wanted from Liz was more than that, he wanted to connect with her so deeply that part of her would live inside him and fill up the emptiness he felt inside.

He shook his head. He shouldn’t want such things. Liz wouldn’t even want to live with him the human way if she knew what he was, much less live inside him.

And even in the exceedingly unlikely event that Liz didn’t object to his desires, he definitely couldn’t give that answer to the teachers. It would just embarrass both him and Liz. Isabel would be furious. No good could come of it.

He picked up the piece of paper and closed his hand around it to hide what he was about to do. If you could see inside his fist you might have spotted a momentary glow. When he opened his hand the writing had changed.

A Doctor

It was a lie now. He’d written the truth before, but now it was part of the lie. Max had been living a lie ever since he’d figured out he wasn’t human. Oh he wouldn’t mind being a doctor, but all he really wanted to be was Liz’s husband. But the paper now reflected the truth of the lie. It showed what the fake Max Evans, that the world was allowed to see, wanted to be when he grew up.

The real Max wouldn’t mind that future. Maybe he’d even find a way to heal some people while pretending it was medicine doing the work.

Max wished he didn’t have to lie, but he’d been wishing that for as long as he could remember and it hadn’t come true yet.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Truth and Lies (AUwA, Max, Child) 1/1

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Glad you couldn't sleep........now we just need you to write more.

Interesting, Max learned English by connecting to his parents.
DestinyDreamer
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Truth and Lies (AUwA, Max, Child) 1/1

Post by DestinyDreamer »

Interesting,

I liked how this starts out. I Like how max learned how to be human threw a connection with his parents. I never would have thought of that idea.what happens next? please post more!!
please also check me out at fanfiction.net I go by the name twilighteyes85 there!
https://www.fanfiction.net/~twilighteyes85