Twined Roads (AU, CC, Adult) ch. 38 - 08/13/16

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Twined Roads (AU, CC, Adult) CH 20, 05/01/14

Post by Eva »

@ Grace: Indeed, Michael hasn’t been dealt with the good cards in his life. It made him the man he is today.
Yeah, we’re still here. Crazy, huh, after so many years after the last episode on television?

@ roswelllostcause: Thanks!

@ Eve: Kyle is indeed the overprotective brother, he likes to be at the side of his loved ones. And that’s totally normal.
So you liked the hot part, huh? Up for more?

@ Sara: Thank you! It was hard to write but I’m glad you liked it.

A/N: Like always I have some references to the real thing. This time you can find some quotes from “Sexual Healing” and “285 South”.

Chapter twenty-one

He woke up in a strange setting. Slowly he recognized the room and the person beside him. Maria.

Normally he would flee at this stage. He had done it several times with Courtney in the beginning of their relationship but she had never given up, hunting him down every single time. A smile appeared on his face but faded away quickly. Courtney.

He used to think that he couldn’t get indebted to anyone, that he couldn’t get entangled. So he had held his stone wall up as high as he could. Only opening it after his daughter was born and the little thing had stolen his heart in a nanosecond. And when Hanna had been killed way too soon, he had blamed the accident on himself. Blamed it on the fact that he hadn’t been there to save her, that he had become too close to someone, and that it was his punishment.

His gaze wondered back to Maria. God, she was so breathtakingly beautiful in every way possible. Her open and affectionate nature and the way she bubbled with energy affected him like never before.

The last couple of days he’d had plenty of time to think things through. The way he had held Courtney at a certain distance, the way loneliness had ruled his world, and the way Hanna had made him feel. And although their deaths had ripped him apart, he had to be honest too: Hanna’s love had been a very precious gift. Making him human and alive, with joy and tears at the same time. To his surprise the memories of Hanna’s love and affection had tucked in his grief.

It’s better to find love once and lose it than not finding it in your entire life.

The infamous quote had popped up a lot lately. What if he had been wrong? And should he grab this second chance with both hands?

For a third time he shifted back to Maria. Her gorgeous naked body lay sprawled next to his, her head buried in his right arm. Michael stiffened when he felt her rouse. He really had no clue how to react after such a passionate night.

Drowsily she opened one eyelid. The minute she detected his warm body next to her, every detail of last night popped up in her head. After their first explosive quickie in the music room, they hadn’t even remotely stopped after their change of scenery. The first time had been fast and intense. The rest of the night they had explored each other’s bodies at a more tender pace. Over and over again.

A smile sparkled on her face. “Good morning handsome,” she greeted him in a sultry voice.

Gently she let her fingers trail the curves of his naked shoulder-joint. “Lose your tongue?” Maria teased when he didn’t react immediately.

“Morning.” He muttered. “I, uh I –” A curse escaped.

Michael lifted his right hand to scratch his eyebrow with his thumb.

“I’m not that good at morning afters,” he finally admitted. “Don’t have much experience with them.”

“You know what?” Maria smiled. “Me neither. So let’s do it like this: we’ll have breakfast and take it step by step. Or –”

Sensually she slowly bent over him and she let her lips wander over his neckline until she found his earlobe. “Or we could use that half hour before Emily wakes up a bit more creatively,” she whispered in a husky voice.

With the speed and elegance of a wild puma Michael didn’t let her say it twice and swapped her underneath him. “I’m beginning to like morning afters.” He grumbled playfully before he captured her mouth again.

In return Maria's hands clutched at his arms, gripping him for dear life, enjoying every brush of his lips on her body. Making her moan for more.

Maria’s moans went over in an “Oh God!” Her vocal joy made Michael smirk as she kept repeating that phrase over and over. To his surprise it provoked him even more.

He hissed when he felt her arching her back, pulling him completely in and meeting his thrusts at the same pace. This was more than sex. More than physical attraction. This was the cherry on the cake of a night close to completeness.

With the need to finish this together, Michael sped up an inch more. Clinging with a firm grip on Maria’s hips, driving them to an all-embracing climax.

Exhausted she snuggled in his arms, savouring the moment. Savouring the whole night.

“God, Michael, you take passionate to a whole other level. It’s like you’re charged with Duracell batteries.”

Her open-hearted comment made him roar with laughter. She really was quite a character. Her open and franc way of embracing life at its fullest not only surprised him but appealed to him more than he could say.

“That would be one of the few positive side effects of being different.” He finally smirked.

“Mmm, I could get used to that, spaceboy.”

Michael grinned. She wasn’t the only one who had enjoyed the chemistry between them. Not only had Maria been an eye-catcher in every way possible, she was also the first woman who could counter his energy with equal intensity. He let his fingers play with her long curly hair.

“I saw you again last night. And me too.” She mused. “You know, the flashes.”

“I know,” he nodded.

Curious she looked at him. “You do? Is that also one of those spacy side effects?” She let her fingers twinkle in the air.

“No, not really. I wanted you to see those.”

“Why?”

“Because you let me see things inside of you too.” Softly he caressed her cheek. “Don’t look so surprised. You’re an open book, Maria. Everybody can read your emotions in your eyes and I-. Well, let’s say you let me see you completely. I could only return a precious gift like that.”

“So it’s isn’t normal, even for you aliens?” she questioned.

He shook his head. “No, you’re the first one I experienced it with.” He smirked. “Actually you’re the first I’m letting in.”

“Whoa.” For once it left her speechless. But just for one minute. She couldn’t hide her disbelief. “No, no, no way! That just isn’t possible, Michael. You can’t see me, I’m not the alien around here.”

His smirk widened. “No, I am.” With an earnest gaze he looked at her. “Just take my word, Maria. I saw you...as a little girl...trying to tie her shoelaces on her red sneakers.”

“No, get out of here!”

As a joke he tried to get up to match her words with deeds. Maria scrambled to grab his wrists. “Don’t tease me, Michael. It’s just not possible, right?” Every doubt she had in her was heard in that last word.

Michael knew he had to give her more details if he wanted to convince her. “The red sneakers, Maria. One had a Kermit patch on it, and the shoelaces were blue, and you had your Dalmatian dog with you there, licking off your tears. And I saw a whole bunch of other stuff as well. Was I right?”

Astonished she nodded. “Yeah. Um...that dog died when I was, like, seven. Right after my father left.”

Gently he rubbed her wrists with his thumbs. “Kinda rough, huh?”

“Yeah. I'd say so”

In thought Maria gazed away until her eyes fell on her clock radio on her side table. In red neon lights the number seven was followed by two zero’s. It took her a moment to realise but it brought her back into full Maria-mode. She jumped up and started to dig in her closet. “I don’t want to be a killjoy but we really should get out of bed. Emily is going to wake up any minute.”

The moment she said it, she knew she had to lay her cards on the table. While holding down her purple top, she stopped her quest for an outfit and turned directly to Michael. “Don’t get me wrong, Michael. I love what we’ve got going on. I really do. But can we go for baby steps at the moment? Not only do I have an overenthusiastic daughter to consider, Kyle is going to kill me too.”

“No worries, you’re safe. He’s going to start with me.”

Michael’s dry comment made her giggle. Gentle he bent over and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. “Baby steps are fine for me. I have to warn you though: they say I’m one of world’s worst lovers. Remembering important dates, exchanging small talk… Don’t expect it.”

“I know. I had that feeling already,” she smiled at him. “But you’re not scaring me away. I’m up for a challenge. Taming an alien was always something I wanted to add on my bucket list.”

Again Michael couldn’t help laughing before the look in his eyes became serious again. “Really hope you do, Maria. I didn’t think I would say this out loud but I could use somebody who can hold on to me.”

“It’s a deal.”

He nodded and stood up to collect his clothes in the other room. The moment he grabbed the door handle, Maria called him back. “Oh, Michael, before you forget it. You’re expected in thirty minutes.”

Inquisitively he turned his head and stared at her.

Her eyes twinkled. “You’ve got a date with two lovely ladies for breakfast. So be on time, mister!”

It was still early in the morning. The sun rose gently above the trees and houses. It coloured the sky in a beautiful colour palette. The birds greeted him when he jogged by.

Max soaked up every little detail of the day break. These early morning hours were his. He enjoyed running through the silent streets of Roswell. Alone with his thoughts before a heavy day at work. He didn’t want to miss this for all the money in the world.

A blue porch caught his attention. To his surprise he recognized the charming little house Liz was living in. Unaware his feet had chosen her street for their daily run.

He couldn’t help scanning the front door and every window, hoping that she would appear. When she didn’t, the disappointment hit him.

“Max, Max, Max!” he mumbled to himself, “you’re worse than a teenager!”

While keeping his eyes firmly on her house, he forced himself to keep running. The moment he couldn’t see it anymore, he felt empty inside.

The confrontation with his feelings shocked him. But what should he do about? Should he jump and take his chance? Different feelings and ideas tumbled through his head while he jogged along.

“Mommy, you’re wrong.” Emily pointed to the third plate Maria had laid down while setting the table.

“No, I’m not, sweetie. We’ve got a visitor.” She pointed towards the backdoor. “Look, I invited Michael.”

Her daughter’s eyes immediately started to radiate. “Michael!” She rushed the door open and pulled a still hesitating Michael in.

A waterfall of words melted his reserve quickly. Like a fierce foal Emily skipped around him, showing him every little detail in the kitchen.

It was a joy to see the interaction between the little child and the grown man. The domestic scene made her believe even more that she had made the right choice to trust Michael in their lives. Although he would deny it stone-cold, he really was a family man. The moment Emily wanted to decorate Michael with several colourful handmade necklaces though, Maria knew she had to restrain her girl.

“Hey, Em, let Michael breathe a minute. Would you like a cup of coffee, Michael?” she asked while grabbing one of her favourite yellow-white dotted mugs in the cabinet.

“Yeah, that would be great.”

A moment later he closed his eyes while he tasted his coffee. The minute he opened his eyes again, he saw the two girls staring at him. “Hey, what can I say? I’m a coffee man and this is great stuff. So, now that I’m here and awake, you can put me at work.”

“That’s not why I invited you,” Maria protested.

“So what?” he shrugged while grabbing the frying pan out of her hands. “My chocolate chip pancakes with blueberry sauce are famous.”

With wide eyes she stared at him. “No way you can cook!”

“What say ye, oh unbelievers?”

“Don’t tell me the bible was your favourite book.”

A saucy smirk appeared on his face. “Nah, that would be James Joyce...Ulysses.”

"What incensed him the most was the blatant jokes of the ones who pass it all off as a jest, pretending to understand everything and in reality not knowing their own minds. Page 655,” he recited, daring her with his eyes.

Maria whistled approvingly “Impressive, I have to admit. But for your pancakes I had hoped you would’ve read The Joy of Cooking.

“Ha, ha!” Before she could react, he gently pushed her aside and started checking the contents of her fridge. ”Maybe,” He quirked his eyebrows, “I really say maybe, I’ll let you taste a bit of my sublime art of cooking.”

He picked several products and put them aside on the worktop. “Watch and learn, DeLuca!”

With the two girls at his side Michael played on his little audience with a little show during his cooking-routine.
Take a look at Eva's world
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Twined Roads (AU, CC, Adult) CH 20, 05/01/14

Post by begonia9508 »

Fantastic part! :D

Loved the after love - talk! Better clear things before the day starts, no?

Anyway, it is great that Michael finally finds confidence in his new life!

Wondering what is going on withg Max?

Thanks and really looking for more! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Twined Roads (AU, CC, Adult) CH 21, 05/16/14

Post by keepsmiling7 »

The morning after turned out very well for Maria and Michael....
Yes, Max take a chance........quit just jogging by Liz's house and stop!
Who knows, she just might be waiting to see you.....
Thanks for the update,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Nice part hurry back!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

Sorry folks, my work load is asking more than excpected from me. I'll try to get back as soon as possible!

Eva
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Eva wrote:Sorry folks, my work load is asking more than excpected from me. I'll try to get back as soon as possible!

Eva

Thanks Eva, waiting! EVE :mrgreen:
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Twined Roads (AU, CC, Adult) A/N 06/06/2014

Post by sarammlover »

EVA! I can't believe I missed this update! Where the heck have I been? Anyway, LOVED the michael and maria honesty session. Very healthy and very good. And little Emily is precious. Love her. Great update and I can't wait for more!
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Twined Roads (AU, CC, Adult) A/N 06/06/2014

Post by Eva »

@ Eve: Michael has learned his life lessons the hard way. He’s still the Michael we all know, but he’s willing to try to live differently. That combined with Maria’s & Emily’s unconditional love gives him more confidence.

Max has always been a thinker. He feels responsible for his siblings and he acts that way too. But the events of this last week gave him glimpses of other possibilities. The question will be: will he do something with it?

@ Carolyn: Yeah, maybe she will. But will he be ready?

@ Roswelllostcause: I know, you had to wait a very long time. But here I am.

@ Sara: The three of them are very cosy towards each other. Michael & Maria are more mature than they were in their teens. They already lived a life and that made them the way they are right now. And Emily? Well, she’s indeed a very precious girl.

A/N:
Pieces of first season’s “Heat wave” can be found in this chapter.

The beautiful song is a relic from my youth in the wonderful nineties: Blur’s Song 2!
For people who don’t know this pearl or who would like to relive it: http://youtu.be/SSbBvKaM6sk

Chapter twenty-two

After dropping little Emily into Isabel’s care in kindergarten, he manoeuvred the borrowed car back into traffic. His hands enjoyed the firm grip on the steering wheel. He couldn’t help himself as he hummed along with an old song on the radio.

I got my head checked
By a jumbo jet
It wasn't easy
But nothing is, no
Woo Hoo!

God, he had missed the driving. Of course, Maria’s little feminine looking Mini Cooper wasn’t exactly his kind of car. Hell, he even had to squeeze his six-foot frame into the little matchbox. He felt like a turtle with a backpack. But it drove! He couldn’t even recollect the last time he had done that. Guiding his old Mercedes through the streets of Los Angeles, with the hood down, the wind playing with his hair.

The Mercedes! When he had inspected the architectural possibilities of an abandoned industrial area, he had found the antique car. He had immediately seen the beauty in the worn and neglected vehicle. So he had restored it in his free time, putting his soul in every single detail. Michael made a mental note to ask Mabel tomorrow to retrieve his masterpiece.

With a turn of the wheel he swung the car into Max’s driveway and honked.

The noise quickly provoked a reaction. With his hair still damp from the hot shower and a bath towel round his neck Max appeared at the front door. Barefooted and only wearing his pants he came outside when he saw his brother.

“Where did you steal this beauty?” Max whistled.

“You would think that, huh?” Michael smirked. “Got to disappoint you though. Borrowed it fair and square. Though it isn’t my thing. But I wouldn’t mind abducting the owner one day. Not at all!”

The grin on his face widened when he recollected some of his moments with Maria. Her fierceness, her joy for life and the way she spoke plainly. Abducting her would really turn into an adventure! And he wasn’t even thinking about the great sex.

Suspiciously Max observed his brother’s good mood. There was something off with Michael but he couldn’t put his finger on it. The grumpy bear had disappeared and instead a good-tempered flirt had taken his place.

Wait a minute, a flirt?

Max glared skeptically. Was Michael getting himself into trouble? Again?

Max scratched his eyebrows, trying to pinpoint the situation. He cleared his throat hesitantly. “Just in terms of you and Maria. There isn't...I mean, nothing's been going on between you two...has there?”

“Why?” Michael demanded casually, “This is my life. Don’t see the point where this matters to you.”

“You are always running after your dick!” Max regretted his thoughtless insult the minute he had thrown it at Michael’s head. But it was too late to take it back.

“Excuse me?” The cold monotone bass voice indicated that Max had crossed the line. “I only had one relationship: Courtney! I never cheated on her but I never gave my heart completely either. And where has that gotten me?”

Trying to be the responsible here, Max stated. “You know, I just thought we had guidelines about this. We agreed to be very careful and to consider all the pros and cons before we acted on any...you know, urges.”

Michael lifted an eyebrow. “Well, I hate to tell you this, Max, but when I have urges, you're not exactly the first person I think about. Besides, this is more than a quick lay.”

Now it was Max’s turn to pull his eyebrows into a frown. “How much more?”

“I don't know, Max. It feels so wrong, but it feels so good at the same time. I always thought my stone wall was necessary to keep us alive. To find our home without some weirdo picking us off. I was wrong, Max. All it got me was a lonely state of being. And in the end I still have nothing. I’ve got no clue about who I am and I’ve got no home either. The three of us haven’t found a thing. We took an oath when we were children. But what if we were wrong, Maxwell?”

Michael’s argument left Max speechless. Not only was it the first time he had heard Michael talk so much, he saw the reason in his words too.

It was true. They had always kept low profile. But for who or for what? This week had been the first week in ages he had felt so alive. It had been almost a week now since Michael had rescued Emily and it felt as if it had rocked his world. Talking to Liz, speaking about his origins, his emotions… It had opened a door. A door he couldn’t imagine closing anymore.

Finally he nodded. “And what now?”

Michael shrugged. “Don’t know. Live my life to the fullest, I guess. I wasted too much, you know. We all did. Anyway, that’s why I’m here. Can I borrow some money, Max?”

“No.”

“No?” Michael repeated with a frown.

Max could hear his temper rising.

“Why should I if you got tons of the green stuff yourself?” he said with a smirk on his face.

With that said he whirled around and went straight to one of the cabinets behind him. Wordlessly he opened the top drawer, grabbed something out of it and put it in Michael’s hands.

Dumbfounded Michael looked at the wallet in his hands. “Is it mine?”

“No, it’s one of the aliens living in the Crashdown Café. Of course, it’s yours!”

Michael narrowed his eyes and glared suspiciously. “Why didn’t you return it earlier?”

The guilty look on Max’s face said it all.

“Because you thought I would leave,” Michael answered his own question. “Fucking great! God, Max, would it hurt you to trust me? Just once?”

“And did you ever give me a reason to do so?” Max replied.

Immediately he closed himself off. “Here we go again. Bye, Maxwell.”

With long strides he let himself out. Just before he could grab the doorknob, Max called him again.

“Michael?”

Too stubborn to turn back, he sighed and answered the unspoken question. “I’m going to the shop to buy some paint supplies. Happy now?

“To paint?”

“Yeah, that’s what people do when they splash paint on a canvas.”

Max rolled his eyes at Michael’s obvious sarcasm. “I just didn’t know you painted.”

“Did it ever interest you?” Michael countered.

Offended and angry he glared at his brother now. “I mean, as long as I kept myself out of harm’s way, as far as possible from cops and other FBI crap, it wasn’t important what I did or didn’t do. And that applied to all of us. Right? Just think about it. Maybe you’ll see the light too.”

And with that said he strode away leaving a flabbergasted Max alone in his living room. It wasn’t until he heard the engine start that Max became aware of his surroundings again.

Michael had always been known as a very stubborn and headstrong man. Like he had said, a stone wall; a stone wall that had seemed to be so completely invulnerable that he had never considered him capable of deep feeling. Even after his marriage and the birth of Hanna. Hell, even after their deaths, he had always thought Michael would show up quickly after that. Which had been a big mistake. A very big one actually…

He should’ve been more the caring brother Michael had needed than the strict but fair guardian. He should’ve listened to Isabel when she had panicked after Michael’s disappearance or when she had opened her heart. He should’ve been there when Michael had endured Hank’s abuse or at least seen it instead of ignoring the signals. He should’ve…. God, he should’ve done so much more!

In frustration Max tossed a hand through his hair, cursing out loud.

Michael had been so right, in so many ways. Not that he would admit that out loud, Max smirked in thought. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t do anything about it. It still wasn’t too late, was it?

But where should he start? With Michael, Isabel, or maybe his own miserable life? For the first time that last one didn’t seem to be so egoistic anymore.

Deep in thoughts he returned to his bathroom. Slowly he gathered the rest of his clothes and put them on.

“What if we were wrong, Maxwell?”

“I wasted too much, you know. We all did.”

Michael’s remarks kept echoing in his mind, over and over again. It set him thinking as nothing had before.

Back in his living room, his eyes rested on his picture wall with a collection of frames, filled with his most precious photographs. His parents, Isabel, Michael,…

Determined to change, Max grabbed his cell on a nearby table and dialled the only number he could think of.

“Liz?”
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Twined Roads (AU, CC, Adult) CH 22, 07/17/2014

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I love this story and I'm so glad you found a little time to bring an update.
The feelings and emotion you express bring these characters alive, and the mystery has me on the edge of my seat wondering how every thing will eventually play out.
There are still so many questions to be answered, and I'll look forward to more as you have time available.
Thanks,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Twined Roads (AU, CC, Adult) CH 22, 07/17/2014

Post by begonia9508 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:I love this story and I'm so glad you found a little time to bring an update.
The feelings and emotion you express bring these characters alive, and the mystery has me on the edge of my seat wondering how every thing will eventually play out.
There are still so many questions to be answered, and I'll look forward to more as you have time available.
Thanks,
Carolyn

I can only agree with Carolyn and I am looking for more to!... impatiently! :lol:

EVE :wink: