Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) 4/17/09 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) 4/17/09 [COMPLETE]

Post by SpiderGirl »

Title: Hindsight
Author: SpiderGirl
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Roswell belongs to Fox.
Rating: This is mature. If this isn't your thing then don't read it.
Summary: Things go wrong. They go about as wrong as they possible could and it takes someone with hindsight to try and make things right.
Pairing: Future Max/Future Liz, Mi/Maria, Isabel/Alex, Future-Present Liz/Max. I know that last one sounds odd but trust me all will be explained.

Prologue

“With the wisdom of hindsight”

Hindsight.

What would you do if you had the knowledge you have now? Would you change things? Would you try and make them better? Would you save the friends you lost? The people you cared about that were wrongly taken from you? Would you even try and stop the end of the world?

I have hindsight...

“Liz?” she looked up and saw Max standing there. She couldn't help but smile at his tired form; even now in his late forties he was still very handsome. His hair had more grey than brown and his eyes sported more wrinkles “It's time”

She closed her book and stood up, groaning as her muscles ached. She wasn't as young as she used to be either. She left the pen but cradle the journal, which was little more than toilet paper, she had in her arms. They'd been planning this for a long time; it'd taken them a long time to get here and both of them were finally ready.

It would be scary getting to the Granolith and she realised that both of them might fail, that both of them could be killed but that was a risk they were willing to take.

Years ago, when Earth still existed, Kivar tracked both of them down; he found them and took back the Granolith. He killed all their friends and family in front of them then brought both Max and Liz to Antar. He wanted Max because Max had the seal and he wanted Liz because she was the Queen, suitable to carry an heir.

When Max found out what Kivar planned to do to her he escaped his cell and went to her. Kivar didn't know what they did; she had a feeling if he knew then Liz would have been killed a long time ago. She was deeply saddened by what they both agreed to do, but she knew the alternative would have been far too much for her to bare.

Max took her hand and stood near the wall listening for any signs of noise. He lifted his hand, pressing it against the cold smooth stone and thinned it's molecular structure so we could pass right through it.

It was quiet in the corridor, but they both knew that that wouldn't stay that way for long and they had to move quick. She trailed after Max, still holding the journal in her arms.

They raced up the stairs then turned left; Max knew the way off by heart. He'd crept out several times trying to find the old relic; he'd discovered it a few weeks ago and they conspired making their plans. There were guards standing guard at the door and without a second thought he blasted them. The noise would certainly alert more guards but that didn't matter. The two of them quickly entered the chamber and he sealed the door, not that would do any good; all Antarians had powers here not just Max. It wouldn't take them long to get in and kill them.

Liz knelt down briefly putting her journal on the floor as she quickly shoved the crystal into the slot. Back when there had the resistance and Serina told me all about the different ways someone could time travel, if it were possible. If it weren't for her then they wouldn't be risking this.

“Liz!” Max cried desperately from the door

“Come! Quickly! It's ready!” she called back as she lifted her hand to the humming skin of the Granolith. At the last moment she remembered her journal, she pulled her hand away so she could grab it but it was too late. Liz was sucked inside the Granolith

“Max! My journal!” she cried as Max came running. He scooped down grabbing my journal and held it up, it was sucked inside and she grabbed onto it. She turned back to see a flash outside then Max went limp “MAX!”

“Liz” guards were pouring in and Max was laying on the floor reaching his arm up, she reached down for him but as soon as their fingertips got anywhere near each other there was a dizzying flash of light and everything went extremely bright it blinded her.

TBC...
Last edited by SpiderGirl on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 33 times in total.
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Prologue 09/06/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Summary: Things go wrong. They go about as wrong as they possible could and it takes someone with hindsight to try and make things right.
Pairing: Future Max/Future Liz, Mi/Maria, Isabel/Alex, Future-Present Liz/Max. I know that last one sounds odd but trust me all will be explained.

Chapter One

“Liz! Liz you have to look at me!” she couldn't! It was too bright in here and she didn't want to open her eyes to see Max lying on the floor dying. In the end her eyes betrayed her and she looked up to see a boy staring at her; no that wasn't right. It wasn't a boy! It was Max.

“Max?” Liz whispered thickly then she felt warmth spreading through her. He fell towards her and she could smell him; that was definitely Max but he looked wrong... where was his grey hair and cute wrinkles she used to tease him about? What had happened to her husband?

“You're alright. You're alright now!”

“Keys! Now!” Max sat up and pulled his keys out of his pocket and tossed them to Michael. She felt my throat close up! Michael was standing there! She watched him reach up and grab a ketchup bottle

“You broke the bottle when you fell and spilt ketchup all over you. Please don't say anything” he said as he got up and ran for the door.

“Liz?” Maria bounced over to my side as she watched that Jennifer tourist squirm as Max rushed past her. What had happened? Liz held my uniform closed and watched Michael speed off; she tried to make sense of it all, all she could think of was that it had worked. She was back on earth and she was no longer forty three, she was sixteen again. It had worked and now she had the chance to save everyone.

“Oh My God!” gasped Maria. She pulled out a clothe and held it to me to wipe away the ketchup. I was sat down and a few minutes later an ambulance pulled up.

Liz was going into shock, she was sure of it. She sat there holding the clothe to her stomach as she tried to make sense of it all. Her mind was reeling and she was suffering from a strange version of time travellers jet lag.

“Oh My God! Lizzie?” Liz looked up to see her dad coming into the CrashDown. She dropped the clothe, rose to her feet and rushed to him

“Dad!” she breathed as she felt tears come to her eyes. She held him tightly, she hadn't seen my father in years, not since Kivar had him killed in front of her “I can't believe you're really here!”

“Are you okay?”

“Yes” she lied “I'm fine. See it's ketchup” she glanced at the paramedics to back her up. They were already packing their stuff away.

“She's fine” he said “Real lucky escape”

Just then the Sheriff walked in and for the second time that day Liz was glad to see someone she cared about. Her eyes filled with tears; she had been there with Kyle as he cradled his dad's head while he died

“Jim” she breathed, she couldn't help myself as she hurried over and pulled him into a hug. His scary expression changed to one of shock and surprise

“Uh... nice to see you're okay Miss Parker”

“Miss...” she began then clamped her mouth shut. Of course, she was Miss Parker, she was still sixteen and she hadn't gotten married to Max yet. “So what happened here?”

“There were two men arguing. One pulled a gun, it went off, I fell over knocking a bottle of ketchup it spilt all over me. I'm fine”

“You sure?” he asked he glanced at a table to his right and saw the Tabasco bottles, Jennifer decided to march forward

“There were two kids sitting over here when it happened, two boys about her age. And then one of them went-”

“Yeah, they were kids from school. One of them came over to see if I was okay, he must have gotten spooked by the ketchup. It must have looked like blood, he looked like he was going to pass out”

“He have a name?” asked Jim

“Mick or Mack... Mark... something like that. I didn't really know him that well” she lied, she didn't want him to hunt Max down like he did in the past. Liz wanted to approach Jim in private if possible; she wanted to do my best to spare him from what happened to the Jim in her time line “I really had a big shock. Is it okay if I go now... Ji... uhh Sheriff?”

“Sure” he said “But I'm going to need a statement, would you be able to come down to the station tomorrow? Will you be feeling better by then?”

“I should be. Thank you” she said, her dad got his jacket from the back, he came and draped it over her shoulders. She couldn't help but smile at him; she spotted Maria standing there looking confused, worried and upset. She would have to deal with her later; Liz was just glad that she was alive as well. She gestured with my eyes for her to go to the break room. She quietly walked into the back “I'm going to go upstairs to my room now dad”

“Okay. Are you sure you're okay?”

“I'm fine” she told him trying to reassure him with a smile

“Good, I gotta go call your mother” he wandered off to the counter and she chose that time to leave. Maria was standing, waiting in the back room for her. She pulled out my order pad and handed it to her; just like I remembered it was covered in blood. My blood.

“Keep hold of this for me. Don't show it to anyone and I promise I'll explain everything tomorrow at school” Liz promised her “But for now... I need to get upstairs” she opened her mouth to protest but she hurried up the stairs to her room and shut the door.

She dropped dad's jacket on her bed, pulled off her uniform and saw that silver hand print on her stomach. She couldn't help but run her fingers over it, she felt the strange hum as soon as she touched it. She laid her uniform on the bed and concentrated on the hole, it repaired itself miraculously and she shoved it in her book bag.

She quickly got changed pulling on a grey jumper and jeans then went down the fire escape with one destination in mind.

TBC...
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 1 13/06/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Two

Roswell was just like she remembered it. Liz couldn't help but feel fantastic as she rushed through the streets she hadn't walked in years. She tried to wrap my mind around what had happened; she had melded with her sixteen year old self. Years before little Serina was murdered as an enemy of the Antarian Alliance they talked about time travelling and the talked lengthily about how to avoid fading once a strand of time was altered. They figured that the only way to do that was to meld with something of that present time so they'd still be stuck in that line of time even after the strand that had come from had faded away. That must have been what had happened, she had no idea it would work when she set the Granolith to do this. She wasn't as smart as Serina was about quantum mechanics and the theory of time travel and she wasn't around anymore for Liz to ask.

She arrived at Max's house and quietly crept round the side to his window. Liz climbed inside and could hear Michael ranting to Isabel downstairs.

“Max” she whispered quietly, reaching out with her mind calling to him

“Max? Max! Where are you going?” it was so odd to hear Isabel's voice again. To Liz she'd been dead over thirteen years.

The door opened and Max was standing there looking confused. Isabel and Michael had trailed after him and seemed surprised and outraged that Liz was there. Michael put his hand up ready to blast her, he was the same as she remembered him; always willing to protect his family. She felt her eyes fill with tears as she remembered how he fell trying to shield his family from Kivar. It had been a god damn sorry day on Earth when Michael failed and Maria and their children were killed before his dying eyes. Kivar, damn you for destroying a man she loved and respected as a brother and a friend.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Michael demanded, she couldn't hold her tears as soon as she heard his voice. Liz pressed a hand over her mouth to control herself but her weariness got the better of her

“Liz?” whispered Max

“Oh God Max!” she sobbed, her legs gave out and he reached forward to catch her. Michael came into the room further and Isabel shut the door.

Max set her down on his bed and Michael paced for a few minutes. Isabel remained quiet and sat down in the chair. Michael finally stopped pacing and pointed at Liz

“She shouldn't be here!” he hissed “She'll bring Valenti and the Army right to us! They'll lock us like the other aliens and cut us up into little pieces!”

“Michael! Calm down!” Max ordered, Liz saw him look at Isabel; she knew that getting caught by alien hunters and the Special Unit was Isabel's biggest fear

“No one's coming to look for you” she announced

“Yeah and how do you know that?” Michael sneered

“Because I'm in this as much as you are. If they come to take you away then they take me away too”

“You're not one of us!” Isabel cried out of fear “You don't know what it's like!”

“Oh don't I? You have no idea what it's like to be me! To have seen the things I've seen!”

“What are you talking about?” she shouted back at her “You have no right coming in here pretending that you know us! That you have an idea what we're going through! Lying to your parents! Lying to everyone! Being completely on your own-” she couldn't help it, her hand reached out and slapped her hard just to shut her up

“You know nothing” Liz said coldly “You have no right. Don't you dare ever tell me that I don't know what it's like. Do you have any idea what it's like to watch your family and friends tortured in front of your eyes? Do you have any idea what it's like to have an insane tyrant destroy the sun because he was punishing your existence? Do you have an idea what it's like to be the only human left in the universe? The last of your kind?” the words spilled out. She had no control over it, Liz knew she shouldn't have but she'd been through too much “Do you have any idea what it's like to beg the man you love to destroy your womb so that you don't have to go through the pain of having Kivar take away your children and threaten their lives just so he can get what he wants? No? Then don't you dare say anything to me you spoilt princess!”

“Liz?” whispered Max. She turned to see Max sitting there looking shocked, recognition was slowly filling his eyes

“I'm sorry Max” she said suddenly as she made a break for the window “I shouldn't have come here. I just wanted to make sure you were alright. I'll see you tomorrow!” he jumped up and grabbed her arm. His face was inches from hers and she could feel the hum building between them

“Are you okay Liz?” he whispered

“I... no Max I'm not” she replied then pulled her arm away from his, climbed out the window and hurried away as fast as she could. Liz couldn't believe she was running away from Max to try and make herself feel better.

Liz got home and climbed up the fire escape ladder to find Maria sitting on her bed with Liz's order pad in her lap

“I thought about calling but I had a feeling you'd avoid me until tomorrow” she said quietly “What really happened Liz?”

She came and sat down next to her and took the order pad from her hand and looked at it. Liz stared at it for the longest time

“I was shot Maria” she whispered. In all these long years she'd never truly dealt with the fear of being so close to dying; her mind suddenly started running through all the what ifs “Max healed me. He saved my life”

“But how?” she urged desperate for her friend to tell her

“We live in Roswell. You know how” she said finally as she looked up at her watching for her reaction

“You mean to tell me that... Max is an... an-alien?” she rolled her eyes and she saw the same reaction she saw in herself all those years ago when Liz confronted Max in the band room. She said nothing and Maria fell quiet “Liz? An alien?”

“I know it's scary. But it's okay, Max saved my life. They're not going to hurt you Maria”

“They?” she cried rising from the bed “How many aliens are there?”

“Michael and Isabel...”

“My god! I think I'm going to be sick”

“Maria” she called to her quietly “You've known me for years right. Trust me... you shouldn't be scared. It's going to be okay... just trust me. I'm gonna make it all okay”

“Liz?” she whispered as she came to kneel in front of her. She stared at her best friend before jumping up and backing away “Who are you? You're not Liz!” she said suddenly. Liz felt tears well up in her eyes

“I could never keep anything from you. I am Liz, Maria, just... come and sit down and I'll tell you everything”

She tentatively perched on the window ledge away from her and she was grateful for her distance; that meant she was on the path to become the woman Liz had known before she fell at Kivar's hand.

“I know this will be scary and you might not believe me but everything I'm about to tell you is true. Max, Michael and Isabel come from a planet called Antar; they don't know this yet though. I know all this because I come from the future. There is a machine called the Granolith and it allows time travel. I came here from the future to change my present; a lot of bad things happened because I was healed. I've come back to stop those bad things from happening”

“What bad things?” she whispered, she'd remained silent for the majority

“A few months after I was healed Max was captured by the FBI Special Unit. Pierce tortured him because he was different; all of us rescued Max and we took down the agents. We all managed to escape and we ended up at the UFO Centre. There was a shoot out between Jim and Pierce”

“Wait Jim?”

“Sheriff Valenti” she replied before continuing “Michael saved Jim's life but he killed Pierce. Kyle had been hiding in the background and he'd gotten shot. Max healed him and he became part of the group. Everything went as quiet as could be; we got someone to pose as Pierce and take down the unit. Then one night... Alex uhh... he... Jim came and told us there'd been an accident. You were the first one he told. Alex was killed by an alien; she used her powers on him to decode a book which explained how to go home to Antar. She mindwarped him until there was nothing left of his mind and it killed him. She made it look like suicide. We didn't find out until they were almost leaving; she was taking Max, Michael and Isabel back with her to Antar. We stopped them and... god, she was pregnant so Max let her go”

“Pregnant?” Maria whispered as her hand rose to her throat “With Alex's...?”

“No” she shook my head “With Max's baby. He let her go, he couldn't kill her because he'd kill his son too. He spent the next year trying to find any means possible to save his son; our relationship was pretty much on the rocks. Yeah... Max and I. Just when he was starting to accept that there was nothing he could do Tess came back. She'd had the baby and we were running around trying to keep her and baby Zan alive. In order to save her son she handed herself in to the Army then blew up the base. Max's son went to live with him but the baby was human so Max gave him up for adoption so he could have a normal life. With Tess destroying the base the FBI clocked onto us again; they were going to kill Max, Michael, Isabel and me so we left. We went into hiding on Graduation, you and Kyle came with us. Max and I got married and we travelled around the states doing good and avoiding the law for ten years. You and Michael got married and had twins and then the First Wave came. Kivar... that's Max's enemy on their home planet sent a squadron of aliens to earth, they wiped out all of Roswell except our parents. They held them hostage so we'd return; they were tortured and killed before our eyes. We fought back as best we could... Kyle was killed first... then Isabel. Michael died trying to shield you and the twins; he gave his life trying to spare yours and when he fell he had to watch with his last few breaths Kivar kill you three. So we gave up, Max and me we surrendered. Kivar took us away to Antar... he wanted Max for the seal he carried and he wanted me so that I would create the heir to the throne of Antar”

“Wait... I don't understand” she whispered, Liz looked up and saw tears streaming down her face “Seal? Throne of Antar?”

“Max was king. Max isn't just an alien, he's the king of them on his home world. He was sent here for protection against Kivar. When we discovered what Kivar planned to do I begged Max to destroy my ovaries; I took the cowards way out. But I didn't want to go through the pain of having a child and loosing him or her to Kivar. To punish us he destroyed Earth's sun so that the remaining people who survived on Earth would know what it was like to be in the dark then when he found out that Max didn't carry the seal anymore he had the earth imploded. After that he was going to publicly execute us as traitors to Antar. We discovered that Kivar had the Granolith and we plotted deep in the dungeons were he'd forgotten about us. I was the only one who managed to escape... Max... my Max was killed. We'd fixed the Granolith so that in order for me to make the changes I needed to I would be tied to the Liz in this time line, even if I alter things I won't disappear”

“What happened to Liz from this line?”

“We're one person. I have all her memories... it's like she's exactly the same but she's got all the answers. It seems odd talking about myself” she couldn't help but smile

“Liz... I dunno it seems all unbelievable... especially the idea of me and Michael but I...”

“I could show you” she said interrupting her “When Max healed me he changed me. I have powers now Maria... I could start a connection with you and show you everything”

“Don't” she said with a shake of her head “You already told me and as far fetched as it is I believe you. I know Max did something to you and I know you... you'd never make up something like this” she came and sat down next to her. Liz lifted up her order pad waving her hand over it removing the blood. She blinked then shook her head “It's going to be really freaky knowing and seeing you do things like that... so me and Michael had kids huh? What did we call them?”

“Jacob and Serina” she replied “They were beautiful kids Maria... Serina was really clever for her age. I wouldn't be here know without her knowledge... Before the First Wave we discovered she was even smarter than Steven Hawking. She was only ten”

“Wow” she breathed “And Jacob?”

“He inherited his dad's art skills. He could paint anything with the most amazing accuracy... some of his paintings predicted the future; saved our butts a couple of times while we were on the road”

The was a knock at the door, we both turned to see Jeff Parker peek his head in. He smiled warmly before coming in

“There you are. Maria... your mom called, she's pitching a fit that you're not home yet and that tonight is a school night”

“Okay... I guess I better get going.... I'll see you at school tomorrow” she followed Liz's dad to the door before she paused, she had her back to Liz as she said it “And Liz... thank you for coming back”

“Any time Maria, any time” she replied then she left shutting the door behind her.

Liz sank down on the bed with a heavy sigh and tossed the order pad to the floor. She wasn't sure what to do next; she figured that all the people who knew about the aliens in her time line should know about them now. She decided that Jim should be the first to find out, once she'd explain then he wouldn't be a loose card. She sighed once more and told herself that she'd go to him tomorrow after school.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 2 19/06/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Three
It felt incredibly strange to be walking the halls of West Roswell once more, especially as a sixteen year old student, but she loved the simplicity of it all. The most these kids had to worry about was bad grades and failing a class... but Liz, she had the weight of two worlds resting on her shoulders and she was definitely feeling the strain.

Liz saw Max wandering down the hall and she quickly rushed over to him before she stopped herself from hugging him. For a second he looked like her Max, her husband. It was hard for her seeing him so young

“Max, can I talk to you?” she asked him, they had some time before the bell rang.

“Sure, what's wrong?” he replied

“Just come with me” she grabbed his hand, unable to stop herself from linking fingers with him and dragged him to the band room. She stopped when she spotted Kyle banging away on the drums and almost cursed herself for forgetting about him. “Max, could you just give me a minute alone with Kyle?”

“Sure... I'll just wait outside” he said, looking sad and hurt. He disappeared and she was left alone with Kyle

“Hey” he grinned as he took off his glasses “How are you? You must be pretty shaken up”

“Oh... the gun. No I'm fine Kyle” she told him then pulled a sharp breathe in for what she was about to do “Kyle, I can't see you anymore. There's really a lot going on with me at the moment... after the Crash Festival tonight I have some things that I need to tell you and your father. But I can't be with you”

“You're breaking up with me?”

“Trust me you'll get over it. There's a really pretty girl waiting for you... it's just not me” I said, he looked hurt

“Is it Max? Are you leaving me for Max?”

“Yes” she replied simply

“I'll kill him!” he hissed making a move towards the door, Liz held up her hand taking a step back from him

“You do anything to hurt my husband and I'll kill you!” she replied, his eyes blinked when he saw my hand glowing

“Liz? Your hand!” he gasped

“Leave Max alone Kyle” she ordered him as she dropped her hand, thank fully she'd stepped into a patch of light and she could just pass it off as sunlight catching her ring.

“Fine” he bit out then stalked moodily from the room. Max came in a few minutes after Kyle had gone and looked deeply confused

“So... you and the Sheriff's son huh?” he tried to make conversation as he set his bag down on the desk. She lifted her shirt showing him the hand print

“I tried to get rid of it but it won't come off. I need you to remove it before anyone sees” she told him, his face went pale. He walked over slowly and with a flick of the wrist it vanished. Liz dropped her shirt and made the mistake of locking eyes with him; they were dark with desire. She had forgot how innocent Max used to be “You shouldn't look at me like that” she whispered, he looked away a blush rising to his cheeks

“Because of you and Kyle?”

“No. There isn't me and Kyle, I'm in love with someone else” she confessed “I've loved him for a very long time. I'd give my life for him and he's the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with”

“W-Who is it?” he whispered looking extremely heart broken. She took a few tentative steps towards him and took his hand and brought it up to her face

“It's you Max” she told him, she couldn't help herself as she leaned up to kiss him, he was so surprised that he held himself still then began to kiss back. It was just like always... she saw the stars, she flew through space and fell all the way back down to earth “I love you. I always have”

“Liz... you love me?” he whispered and she nodded “You... I saw things”

“Flashes” she stated with another nod, slowly becoming fearful of what he saw “What did you see?”

“I saw... you're like me. You're alien like me” he looked horrified “But you're human”

“I was human Max... a long time ago”

“What's going on?” he asked “Yesterday you said that you'd been through a lot. You practically yelled at Isabel”

“I know, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that to her. She was scared”

“But what you said” he stressed “You said you begged the man you loved to destroy... you asked me to do that didn't you? How come you have all this knowledge? Who are you?”

“I'm Liz Evans. The girl who got shot and healed by an alien king... a girl who fell in love with that alien king and watched her entire world be destroyed. I came back Max. I came back so the bad things wouldn't happen”

“How?”

“The Granolith” she explained “You haven't found it yet. You wouldn't have found it for another year if I hadn't come back. It's hidden behind your pods” the bell chose that moment to ring and she sighed “Is it okay if I come round later? I'll tell you everything”

“Yes” he said looking relieved, she gathered her things up to go “Liz, wait... you said... well uhh... we got married right? You and me? That's why you have my last name?”

“Yes Max, we got married. We got married when we were nineteen after we fled Roswell... we were married for twenty four years before I came back to Earth. To this time”

“Wow... twenty four years” he whispered as she left the room. He couldn't believe he'd had the chance to be married to Liz Parker for all that time. He was desperate to know more and ended up watching the clock all day waiting for the time when he could ask more about the future.

She looked round trying to spot anyone she recognised. During the three years when there was a resistance to the Antarian forces invading Earth under the order of Kivar there had been loads of data amassed on every Antarian soldier. Kal Langley had been invaluable gathering info and especially pictures of them. She's memorised each and every single face so she'd know her enemy.

As soon as the bell rang for lunch, Liz gathered her things and bolted out of the room to the phones. She knew the number off by heart and prepared herself for what she was about to deal with

“Hello?” came the rough accent

“Nlkirol” she said his real name in Antarian

“Who the fuck is this? How did you get this number?”

“I'm calling on behalf of Zan”

“Who is this?” he demanded loudly now

“My name is Liz. I know everything Nlkirol” she whispered “I know about the other shapeshifter and his deal with Kivar. I need you to come to Roswell to protect the Royals”

“And how do you know all this Liz?” he asked calmly, his tone giving away his temper “Why should I listen to you? I don't know how you found out what you know but rest assured you'd be dead before the sun sets”

“Oh I don't doubt that you would do that if I were a threat to the Antarian throne” she agreed “But I think you should listen to me. You're bound to me”

“Lady, you're delusional”

“That I may be Nlkirol but I carry the Third Seal” she explained and the line went quiet for a moment before he breathed heavily into the phone

“Well shit” he said “When did this happen? Zan's only sixteen, please tell me that he didn't sleep with some random hussy. I assume since you know all about me and the other shapeshifter you know of Ava”

“Yes I know of her and I know that she's nothing more than a pawn, Kivar's pawn. Max would never agree for her to be his bride. Now that we've got all the formalities out of the way I need you to come to Roswell. You must be aware of the recent incident that Max was involved in”

“Yes, the shooting”

“Well it's not just come to your attention. You remember the Special Unit don't you?” she asked and was met with silence “Well they're going to be taking a special interest in Max. I need you to keep that from happening, they're going to need a protector and the other one is in Kivar's pocket. I'm also going to need your help taking out Copper Summit”

“Yes” he laughed roughly “You really are delusional! You must be one gutsy little spitfire if you're thinking of taking on Nicholas! How old are you?”

“My age isn't in question here. I need to remove the Skins here on Earth, they're reporting back to Kivar and I need to cut off their flow of information. We'll be okay as long as they don't learn that we have the Granolith”

“You know of the Granolith” he went quiet, he sounded like he was scared “Does the king know of it?”

“Not yet but it's only a matter of time. I need you to come to Roswell... I want you to protect the rest of the Royal Four as best as you can while I'm away”

“Away?” he inquired “Away were?”

“I need you to look after them while I'm taking down Copper Summit”

“There's no one in hell I'm letting some girl carrying the Third Seal just go wandering into the Skins encampment. If you want me to come to Roswell then you wait for me to get there before you go wandering off!”

“Fine” she bit out “Get here as soon as you can” then she hung up. It had taken a lot for her to call him, she knew he'd be unbearable but he'd been vital in her past. Langley had saved their butts countless times and he'd given his life to protect both of them from being killed.

She looked round and the world seemed a lot darker and colder than she ever remembered it. She sighed deeply then spotted Isabel walking proudly through the halls.

“Vilandra” she whispered; Liz knew that she had to talk to her. There was going to be a lot of doubt and fear on Isabel's part when she discovered about her little folly in her past life. She crossed her path stopping the taller girl in her tracks “Isabel, I need to talk to you”

“Well tough luck because I'm not in the mood to deal with a peon like you” she said coldly, she was putting up a front against the harsh and nasty words Liz had pretty much yelled at her yesterday. She continued on her way but froze when she heard Liz plainly call down the hall after her

“I know about Vilandra” she shouted. Isabel slowly turned round and Liz could see the fear in her eyes. Isabel hurried her into an empty class room and shut the door

“Who is she? Why does that name sound so familiar?” she whispered almost begging

“You know Isabel. You know who Vilandra is... just think. You know what she did”

“No” she shook her head

“Yes. You have to hear it, Isabel, and it's better than you hear the truth from me. I'm not going to twist it about to achieve my own ends”

“No!” Isabel repeated adamantly

“You betrayed Zan. You let Kivar into the city!”

“NO!” she roared

“But he convinced you that he wanted peace. As soon as he was in he killed everyone. It wasn't your fault Isabel. Zan's death wasn't your fault; now listen to me. No matter what you hear or whatever anyone tells you. I want you to know that you weren't responsible and history is different this time. I believe in you”

“How can you say that? After what you just told me! You know I betrayed him! How can you trust me when I could do that again?”

“Because I know you're not Vilandra, you're Isabel Evans. The girl who would give her life trying to save her friends and family... that kind of sacrifice... Isabel... that is something that Vilandra could never achieve. That is why I believe in you”

“You know more about all this than you're letting on, don't you?” she asked the smaller girl rhetorically

“Yes I do” she answered “I'm...”

“You belong to Max” Isabel whispered interrupting her “Whoever you are I know you belong to him. You're doing this for him aren't you?”

“Yes” Liz said finally “I come from a world that was destroyed. I was the last of my kind... it's wicked of me, you know, I came back to stop my world from being destroyed because he asked me to. I didn't come back to save the lives of all the people who were killed, I came back because he asked me to. I've been through so much, I just want my happy ending”

“Why do you look like Liz Parker? What did you do with the real Liz?”

“I am Liz. I'm in love with your brother Isabel... in the future we're sisters in law”

“You and Max got married” she gasped, she was shocked “Somehow I'm not surprised. So... what was I like in the future?”

“Well after you lost Alex... you were very temperamental. You graduated early and you were going to leave but Max made you stay, then you met Jesse. You got married to him”

“Alex? Jesse?” she inquired

“Jesse was someone who worked in your dad's office. Alex... you loved him, he knew about you, and he loved you. You let him in and he was killed... that really broke you up”

“Have I met him yet? This Alex?”

“Yeah... you have. It's Alex Whitman” she told her and Isabel's eyes went wide

“Alex Whitman knows I'm an alien!”

“Not yet. As soon as Kal gets here I'm going to get everyone together and tell them”

“Wait... who the hell is everyone and who is Kal?”

“Kal is one of your protectors and everyone is all the people I trusted in the future. I'm going to show everyone what I know and they'll trust me”

“Yes but who are they?”

“You, Michael, Max, Maria, Alex, Kyle Valenti, Jim Valenti and me”

“You mean the Sheriff?! You can't tell him! He'll send us away!”

“No he won't Isabel. Jim died saving me, you and Kyle, it was a surprise attack and he shielded the three of us. You blasted the skin and Kyle held him in his arms as he died; there was nothing I could do for him. I can't heal like Max can”

“He died trying to save me?” she repeated “But he's the sheriff, he's going to lock us up. He's going to come after us and get us!”

“No Isabel... he's not. I trust him. With my life” the bell rang signalling the end of lunch. She sighed deeply “We'll talk more later...”

“Liz... wait! What you said, about you not being able to heal like Max can...”

“I'm like you now Isabel. Max changed me, I have powers... I became alien” she whispered. Isabel looked horrified but the other girl ignored it and left the room.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 3 23/06/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Four
Liz was working quickly through the homework she'd been given during the day as she sat in her parents cafe. Her mind was focused on all the little memories she had of those three years before they went on the run. She tried to remember everything so she could use it to her advantage.

She stopped mid sentence of what she was writing and looked up just as the doors opened and she saw that familiar bald man swaggering into the cafe wearing a fine dark suit and looking every bit intimidating as she remembered him to be.

He looked around as if he was trying to spot someone who would stand out, someone who was three feet tall and green but he couldn't see anyone. His eyes swept the room and he couldn't even sense the girl carrying the Third Seal. Liz watched him survey the room, careful to keep her seal dampened, she could see him getting anxious so she decided to finally reveal herself. She closed her book and rose to her feet getting his attention by letting her seal flow through her fully.

Langley's eyes snapped over to a small brown haired girl as soon as he felt that familiar energy rolling through the room. He had to double check for a moment because even though he was sensing the energy of the Third Seal coming from the girl there was no doubt in his mind that she was strong enough to be queen; she looked so tiny and timid.

He held himself tall as he walked over and slid into the booth. She glared at him before sitting back down in her seat opposite him

“Nlkirol...” she greeted him

“Your highness... or do you prefer Liz Parker?”

“You looked into my background” she said with a knowing smile, it was so like him, she thought

“Of course I did. I wanted to know how on Earth Zan would be foolish enough to pass on the Third Seal to some would be girl”

“And did you find that out?” she inquired with a smirk

“No” he snarled looking away “I didn't. I have no idea how you came to have the Third Seal. It's not impossible that you got it when he healed you... but seals aren't passed on like that. So... tell me then Miss Parker. How is it that you came to carry the seal and how on Earth did you become my Queen?”

“Oh those details are not important. All that matters now is that I have it and I'm ensuring the safety of my family”

“The Royal Four are hidden in this small town. Why would their safety need ensuring? If you're worried about the skins then they don't know where they are”

“The skins are one of my worries, well more specifically Nicholas, but also the other shapeshifter and Ava the former bride”

“Who are you?” he demanded loudly bringing the cafe to a standstill with his shouting. He glared around the room and the customers got back to eating their meals every so often sparing a glance toward their booth “How do you know so much? You know Ava was Zan's bride but not his Queen”

“Look... that information is inconsequential. It doesn't matter... I am doing what I need to do to ensure the safety of my family and I do not mean just Max, Michael and Isabel. I mean all of my family”

“Your parents?” he asked, Liz shook her head

“I do hope by protecting my family my parents are saved but no, they're no longer my immediate family. I'm talking about Max, my husband, Michael, my brother in law, Isabel, my sister in law, Alex, Isabel's husband, Maria, Michael's wife and Kyle my closest friend and brother. Things are going to happen and I want you to help me to stop them happening. The head of the Special Unit will come to investigate the shooting and he'll find an opportunity to take Max so he can study him. I want Daniel Pierce eliminated, I know you've worked hard all these years to develop human senses and I know you'll hate me for doing this but I'm ordering you to kill him and take his place then take apart the special unit piece by piece until they're no longer a threat”

“Fine” he growled “Any other orders your highness?”

“I want you to find a way for you to take a certain interest in Alex Whitman. You have a few months before he needs to be safely out of Roswell. But by the time Ava and Kivar's tool turn up I want Alex safely out of the picture”

“What's so important about this Alex guy?” he asked as he leaned arrogantly back in the booth

“He got Vilandra to fall in love with him” she said casually, Langley's eyes went wide behind his glasses and he leaned forward in disbelieve

“WHAT!” he gasped, Liz couldn't help but smirk at his reaction

“I know she'll come to love him more than anything in this world or the next. I need him to be protected and when the time comes I want you to take him under your wing and teach him anything and everything about protecting himself”

“I take it he's human”

“Yes he is. But I need you to help him unlock his potential as an advanced human; teach him how to control his mind from people who would try and get in there, mess about and control him”

“You mean Ava”

“Yes I mean Ava” she said bitterly “If I thought that he'd be okay if she were removed from the picture I'd kill her as soon as she set foot in Roswell. But there is the fact of the other shapeshifter, he'd just do what she would and use him to decode their instruction manual hidden in the Library”

“Do you want me to get it before she finds it?”

“Yes I do. I want you to get it and bring it to me”

“Can I ask what you're going to do with it?” Langley asked cautiously, he was amazed by the knowledge this human had

“I'm going to destroy it” she replied calmly “They don't need it, hell they won't even be able to read it and I don't want Isabel or Tess pregnant by Michael or Max”

“Tess?”

“Ava. That's her name now” she replied cursing herself for that slip “Anyway her name doesn't matter. I want you to get the book and bring it to me at the reservoir tomorrow after school”

“School?” he chuckled “How old are you”

“I appear sixteen”

“Appear...” he lost his smile and leaned back away from her. Something suddenly felt wrong “Who are you?”

“Queen Elizabeth Evans... I'm forty three years old and I came back from ten years after Kivar destroyed Earth killing everyone and everything”

“How. How is that possible?”

“A very clever little girl showed me that the Granolith could be modified as a time machine” she said simply

“The Granolith? You modified one of the greatest energy sources in the entire universe to come back in time? That's a big no no!”

“A big no no?” she repeated “I don't care about the right or wrong thing. I've been through too much and I want to live. I want to live with my family, here on Earth. Not as the last of my kind, not as Kivar's prisoner and certainly not on another planet where everyone despises my very existence!” Liz breathed as tears spilled down her face

“That wanna-be king really did a number on you didn't he?”

“More than you can ever know” she said. He nodded feeling his compassionate side coming out, from one soldier fighting the cause to another. Kal slid his hand over hers

“Don't worry, your highness, I'm here for you” he said and she smiled wiping her tears away. Jeff Parker watched from behind the counter the strange encounter his daughter was having with a strange, older bald man that looked distinctly familiar.

“Thank you” she said “Look you better go. We'll talk more tomorrow, as well as you getting me that book I'm going to introduce you to everyone. But for now there's some people I have to go talk to” she said as she gathered up her things. He rose when she did and nodded

“It'll be okay”

“I hope that it will be” she said as she watched him go before disappearing into the back.

Liz looked down at the costume she had planned to wear but somehow it just didn't seem appropriate. She was an alien now, for all intensive purposes, dressing up and pretending to be something she was already just seemed a little silly. Besides, she thought as she stared at it, there was all that crap she went through and celebrating monsters like Kivar as definitely the last thing she wanted.

She got changed into stuff she would have worn had she'd been back in her time line. She altered her clothes so they matched that of what she wore during the resistance; which was tight black jeans, a tight purple top and heavy biker boots. Liz glanced in the mirror and with a flick of her wrist her hair was short and feathered out just like she used to have it, she continued to stare into the mirror and her eyes slowly turned completely black showing off her alien side.

“Hey” she turned to see her dad standing there; she couldn't help but glare at him. She hated when people crept up on her, normally it meant someone trying to kill her and she realised just how out of practice she was “Cool costume... I thought you were going to go as a Klingon or something?”

“No... I'm going as an Antarian”

“Antarian?” he inquired

“From cocoon. They were Antarians, looked like everyone else... but I figured this Antarian is much cooler, like the Queen or something” she explained, it seemed weak but she wanted to be herself as much as possible.

“Cool... well are you going to wait for Kyle or are you meeting him there?” he asked then the doorbell rang

“That'll be Maria. I'm seeing Kyle after” she explained, she didn't really want to tell her dad that she'd broken up with Kyle; if she did she had a feeling there would be a lot more questions and that was something she didn't really need right now.

“Okay” he said before disappearing to let Maria in. She sank down on her bed, her adrenaline had been pumping as soon as her dad had surprised her and now she was feeling a little jumpy and ill

“Hey Liz!” Maria burst into the room wearing a strange green outfit and carrying a green wig “Wow! That's a cool costume! Oh and whoa! Look at your eyes! Where did you get those contacts?”

“No contacts Maria. These are my eyes” she whispered “I like your costume, do you need help putting your wig on?”

“Me? Nope! Watch!” she pulled a cloth hair band out of her pocket and swept her short fringe back with it then carefully pulled the wig on.

“You're a pro. Always were when it came to disguises! Remember when we were on the road and you scared the hell out of Michael by dying your hair black...?” Liz laughed then trailed off when Maria was staring at her with wide eyes “Oh. Oh sorry”

Maria closed her eyes then shook her head sending her green hair flying lightly around her face, she sat down

“It's okay... you have those memories don't you. From the future, well I guess it's your past, but you have them don't you. Tell me what happened; did I really dye my hair black?” she asked with an encouraging smile that made Liz smile too

“We'd been on the road for a year and we'd had a close call. We all needed to change out appearance, we were heading up into Canada to lay low and we'd made a pit stop. Kyle changed his head from brown to red, Isabel went red too, Michael went unbelievably blonde and you came out of the bathroom and your hair was black. You looked so ridiculous, you walked up to Michael and hugged him and he had no idea who you were. He shouted at you for being some crazy psycho goth mental patient who'd escaped from the loony bin. You smacked him so hard he started crying!” Maria couldn't help but laugh, as extreme as it sounded it still sounded like her.

“What colour did you change your hair to?” she couldn't help but ask her longest friend

“Oh me? I went blonde same as Michael” Liz replied and Maria's eyes went wide again with disbelief

“I so cannot picture you as a blonde!” she laughed, Liz smirked and slowly reached up to touch a strand of her hair. It slowly turned blond until she was sitting there with nice soft blonde hair “Oh... ah! That is so cool!” she watched as Liz shook her hair out and it turned back to brown “Those powers are pretty cool. Still a little weird seeing you with them though”

“Don't worry you get used to it” she stated then rose to her feet “Wanna get going?”

“Sure. Let's go! Alex is waiting and I'm sure Kyle is dying to drool over your extremely hot costume” she said. Liz sighed mentally but said nothing, she would explain in the car on the way.

Liz watched the scenery fly past her as she sat in the car; it seemed so strange to be here on Earth after living in a future where it hadn't existed in ten long years.

“Hey, are you okay?” Maria asked glancing at her best friend, she had no idea what reminiscing on Liz's memories would to her

“Yeah... I was just thinking about how strange it is being here on Earth again” she explained “I was thirty three when it was destroyed” Maria remained silent. She knew that Liz trusted and believed in the aliens but the Earth was destroyed; that wasn't good. Anything that had the power to destroy a planet, to kill billions of innocent people without a second thought shouldn't be trusted.

“It was the aliens that destroyed Earth wasn't it?”

“Yeah” Liz replied still staring out the window

“Well then it's simple. We get rid of the aliens”

“They're not here yet Maria” she finally turned to look at her friend

“No I mean we get rid of the ones that are here. Liz, they're the reason the Earth was destroyed. If we get rid of them then the Earth won't be destroyed”

“No!” she cried out of anger and disbelief “Do you even know what you're saying? Hand Max, Isabel and Michael over to Kivar?”

“Hell if it saves Earth I'm all for it” she said coldly, Liz shook her head fiercely

“That's just not an option. Besides, Michael is going to be the father of your children! The children you have together are going to be the two single most smartest people on the planet. Your daughter at the age of ten can figure out quantum mechanics like it were jigsaw puzzles! Turn Michael in then you won't have Serina or Jacob”

“They were killed weren't they? Me and my children were killed because of Michael. I'd rather get rid of him now while I have the chance”

“But then they won't be born”

“I'd have them with someone else. Sure they wouldn't be the smartest the world has ever seen but at least they'd be alive”

“No Maria. That isn't how it works. We can't turn them in! Besides Kivar wouldn't settle with just them, he's not like that. He'd have the Earth destroyed just to punish them”

“But...”

“Listen to me. No. It isn't going to happen, I'm not going to let you do something like that. Tomorrow I'm holding a meeting and everyone is going to be there, I'm going to show you all my past whether you want to see it or not. I'm going to make you all understand that it's better if we're together. That way we can have a hope of stopping Kivar; things got bad because we were separated when the last attacks came. We just fell apart after Jim, Isabel and Kyle were killed and after that we weren't as strong. But this time it'll be different, I'll make sure of it! Maria, promise me that you won't try and turn them in somehow. Because... if you do then you'll be turning me in too. I'm just as alien as they are now”

“No Liz!” she cried but Liz shook her head “You're not like them! They're evil!”

“Yes I am. You saw what I did with my hair... it's not bad or evil Maria. They're just trying to live their lives. Do you really think they want to be killed? They may be aliens but Earth is their home, do you think they want it destroyed any more than you do? I know you're scared...”

“Pfft! Understatement!” Maria snorted which made Liz chuckle

“But it'll be okay. As long as we stick together and... don't turn them in. We'll be fine”

“Can you really promise that?”

“If you promise not to turn them in then yes I can. I promise that it'll all be okay” Liz assured her, even though she promised her long time friend her mind was screaming at her not to make such a promise because even she didn't know if it would be okay.

The arrived at the crash festival and everyone was here. She was amazed to see such a turn out, the last time she'd been at the festival she'd watched it from the top of the hill and it didn't look at big or as crowded as it was now. Out of instinct she looked round for any one who might have looked like a skin then she told herself to relax, the skins weren't here and they wouldn't come here for another year if things happened very similar to how they had in her line.

After Liz forced herself to calm down her eyes scanned the crowd looking for Max and she spotted him walking around in his black men in black suit eating a corn dog, she couldn't help the smile that spread across his face. He looked so young... so handsome and innocent, his eyes still shone even though he was hiding his true self away from so many people. Back when she found out about Max there had been a light in his eyes, a light so bright it showed his soul. When people started dying that light got a little dimmer and when they ended up on Antar that light seemed like it had disappeared altogether. He smiled back and her heart fluttered, she wanted nothing more to just run over there and let him hold her like he used to.

She lost sight of him in the crowd then felt someone watching her, stalking her, immediately her senses went on full alert and she tried to casually back track so she was in a position to see or even be behind the person watching her. She almost jumped out of her skin when someone grabbed her arm, she was poised and ready to fight or take flight but her reflexes stopped her at the last second when she saw Michael

“We need to talk” he hissed, she nodded quietly and followed him into the parking lot. She stopped short when she saw the Jeep; she hadn't seen it in years and part of her went cold when she saw it. Max had destroyed it when they thought they were going to Antar with Tess “What's wrong? Come on!” Michael ordered angry at her hesitation all of a sudden.

She sighed deeply then climbed into the passenger seat and tried not to think of the last time she sat here. Max had told her that he was leaving and he'd kissed her goodbye, she'd gone into the cafe thinking that she'd never see him again “Talk!” Michael demanded roughly, bringing her back to the moment at hand. She smiled, it was strange but wonderful to hear him try and boss her about

“What do you want to know?”

“Well for starters how you know so much about us? Did you... did you get it off Max? Was it buried in our subconscious? All the answers to who we are?” he probed trying to act tough but she saw right through it.

“No. I know because I lived it, I know you want answers and I will give them to you but tomorrow. I want you to meet me at the reservoir, I'm going to tell everyone everything. I'm going to tell you who you are, your alien names, where you come from... everything”

“Why tomorrow?”

“Because tomorrow I can have a chance to get everyone together. There's going to be a lot of things revealed and I'm going to need you there”

“But why tomorrow?” he stressed again “Why not now?”

“Because it's hard Michael. The way I'm going to explain is to show you and I need to show all of you. Not just one at a time, I lived it and it's going to be hard for me to go through every emotion, every loss”

“I don't care” he snarled gruffly “You're just a human, you don't matter”

“Now I know for a fact that's not true. And I'm not... human that is...” he whipped his head round, his eyes going wide and his mouth dropped open “Nor am I alien. I'm like you are, I'm a hybrid. When Max healed me, he changed me” she whispered then held out her hand making sure no one could see and made it glow softly “I'm one of you now and you're attitude will change. You owe a lot more to humans than you could ever imagine. I know for a fact that you end up marrying one”

“Bull!” he snapped “I wouldn't marry anyone but my own kind”

“The only female hybrids on the planet are me, Isabel, Tess and Ava. There are female aliens but they aren't on our side... both of them died before you even thought about marriage anyway”

“There's more hybrids. More like Max, Isabel and me? Tess and Ava? Who are they?”

“Tess is evil. She'll completely screw us over... and Ava. Heh she lives in New York... she's the other Tess”

“What do you mean? Other Tess?”

“They're identical. Like twins” she explained “Tess dies in two years time. She killed herself to save her baby”

“Baby? She has a kid?”

“Not yet. Not ever if I get my way”

“Whose the father? It's Max isn't it?”

“Yes. Max was the father of the baby” she looked away as hate filled her. Even though she eventually got over it and accepted it she still didn't forgive Max for his betrayal with Tess

“I don't understand. Max worships the ground you walk on, why on Earth would he get someone else pregnant?”

“Things were bad at the time” she said then clammed up, she wasn't going to say anything more on the subject

“How can I trust you? How can I trust what you're telling me?”

“Because you became family to me Michael. You're brother to Max and Isabel... you became my brother in law. I know everything there is to know about you”

“So you spied on me a few times. Doesn't mean you know everything about me” he jumped out of the jeep

“Your step-father Hank beats you” she called and he stopped in his tracks, he slowly turned round and stared at her “When you came out of your pod, the night you were born you were with Max and Isabel and when the lights of the Evans truck came you got scared, ran and hid. You didn't meet up with them for another three years. You made a table levitate off the floor a few weeks after you were put with your foster parents. Your favourite flavour is pistachio and you enjoy art, your favourite band is Metallica. When you're nervous or worried about something you scratch your right eyebrow. You're searching for your home, you want a family so badly you'd do anything”

“How...”

“I told you. I know everything there is to know about you Michael. I also know that you found a family. You got married and had two children that were so beautiful and clever you gave your life to save them”

“I had children” he whispered slowly coming back to the jeep, she nodded

“Serina and Jacob. Jacob had your skill at art, he was such a beautiful little boy! And Serina... oh if it wasn't for her then I wouldn't be here. She was only ten and she was one of the smartest beings in the entire universe. Much smarter than anyone here on Earth, you were so proud of her. Proud of both of them”

“I was a father... I got married. Who wanted to marry me?”

“Maria. Maria Deluca, you gave your life to save her too”

“Me and her? She loved me?”

“She does Michael. She always did and always will” she smiled as he climbed back in the jeep. He believed her and his eyes weren't moody or defensive anymore.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 4 26/06/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Five
Jeff looked round the cafe and smiled at how quiet it was. Everyone was out partying at the crash festival and he was grateful for the quiet. There were few patrons in the diner but there wasn't any rush on. He even considered closing the kitchen early and having an early night in with Nancy.

He wandered out from behind the counter to get two cups of coffee for booth three when he spotted something lying on the floor. It looked like an old worn book that he'd never seen before, he picked it up. It was made out of metal and there were two words scratched into the front of it 'Elizabeth Evans'

“Must be Liz's” he mumbled as he shoved it into his apron and fetched the coffee for booth three. After giving the customers their coffee he made himself comfy behind the counter and picked out the strange book. He stared at it debating whether he should read it or return it, in the end he opened to the first page and found thin paper much like toilet paper and was surprised. Why would Liz write on toilet paper? He wondered, there had been some strange things happening the past few days and it only spurned on his desire to know. He looked round the cafe before letting his gaze return to the book and he began to read.

“Journal entry 3054. September 4th 2025. It's been three weeks since we were brought here and I'm as scared as ever. It's been three weeks since I saw sunlight... since I last saw the sun. Two weeks since Earth was completely destroyed. Kivar is holding Max and me prisoner... if anyone reads this then... I don't know. I don't exactly have hope anymore. I'm the last of my kind, the last human in existence and even then I'm not longer fully human. I'd hoped for so much when we came back to Roswell and started the resistance not that it didn't do any good. For three years we fought and we were killed off one by one. I miss my family, I miss Michael and Maria, I miss Jacob and Serina, I miss Isabel and Kyle and I miss Alex. All I can do is remember them as the two of us huddle together to keep warm. It's cold here on Antar, much colder than I was ever used to. Kivar leaves us alone but soon he's going to have to deal with us. I'm scared about what he'll do to us, I know he wants us dead and I know there's no way we can stop him. I know that I'll die here and no one will mourn my death. I have a feeling that whenever Kivar decides it's my time to die he'll kill me in front of Max, as if it wasn't bad enough that he wiped out every single life on Earth and destroyed our home... Kivar just wants to break Max, break him for his very existence and I would sooner die before that happens. I'd rather kill myself then let Kivar use me in hurting Max anymore. The Granolith is here and if we can get out and find it then we might have a chance...” the page trailed off, Liz had written no more on that day but there was more on the next page

“Journal Entry 3055 September 8th 2025. They took Max away four days ago, they brought him back today. They had tortured him for information... they want to know how to use the Granolith. Thank God Serina and I managed to modify it so only we can use it. I didn't think I was ever going to see my husband again. I waited and waited till that damn prison door opened and they brought him back in, I didn't eat and I didn't sleep. I know I should have done so I could have had some strength in me to try and heal him up. He hasn't woken up yet and I'm a little worried. All I can do is try and take my mind off how badly they beat him. I'm going to rest up a bit then try and heal him with the energy I do have. They don't know I have powers and I'm grateful. They used a trithium amplifier on Max but it didn't work on me. If they found out that I had powers they'd surely kill me... whether I was Max's wife or not” Jeff stopped reading. It sounded so outrageous and unbelievable but Liz wasn't one of making stories. He put the journal back in his apron as his mind filled with more questions, he would find out the meaning behind such a horrifying and scary tale and who it was that Liz had been talking to earlier.

He was dying to read more but he had the cafe to run, he decided there and then that he was going to close early and show the strange journal to Nancy. He knew that Liz kept a journal so it wasn't surprising to see this and it was his daughter's handwriting. Some of it just seemed too extreme and far fetched but he knew that Liz wasn't the type of person to make things up like that. Was it possible that it happened? He shook his head, it was dated in the future, did that mean it could happen? He wanted to know why Liz of all people would be chosen to be the last of her kind? And what about the guy she mentioned, he wondered, she'd mentioned a husband but didn't say they were the last only see was. Was her husband an alien? Did it mean that one day he would have an alien son in law? Jeff wanted to know the answer to that one. All he knew for sure was there was something going on with Liz and he was going to do whatever he needed to, to find out the truth.

Another half an hour and suddenly he was climbing the walls. The kitchen was in the process of being closed and Jeff found himself sat at the counter. His hand reached unbidden into his apron and pulled out the odd journal and despite not wanting to hear how horrible the story was he couldn't help but read his daughter's words.

“Journal Entry 3056 January 2026 I'm not sure of the date. Kivar came to us both once before he separated us. I haven't seen Max since early October, I think, I'm not sure of the date anymore. I don't even know why I'm trying to keep the date. Earth is gone, so is everything I hold dear; why bother about the date when I'll never feel grass against my feet or see the birds flying about the sky...” there were wrinkled splodges and Jeff guessed she'd been crying when she wrote that “Kivar told us why he kept me and Max alive. He wants Max's information about the Granolith and he wants the Royal Seal Max carries; I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse that he made me promise not to tell him what I knew about the Granolith. So far they've left me alone, they don't fully understand what and who I am. All they see is just some human and I'm grateful that they're underestimating me so much to ignore me completely. I don't know if Max is alive or not, but I haven't felt him die so I can only assume he's still being kept alive just like me. That knowledge is the highlight of my day, I wake up and I know he's still breathing and he's alive. I just wish I could see him, I miss him so much! Kivar plans on using me to create an heir; he wants to use me because I'm Max's wife. Even though they see me as only a human they still recognise me as Queen of Antar, so I'm perfect to carry the heir to the throne. I want to give up, I want to take away the satisfaction Kivar will have in using me against Max; if I didn't think it would completely destroy him I'd do it! If Kivar even managed to impregnate me I would kill myself before I let him take my child away, regardless of Max. Before he separated us we made a promise that neither of us would suffer through the pain of having a child born and stolen from us...”

The words stopped there so Jeff turned over the page. He wondered who this Kivar person was, if he ever met the man then he'd seriously do some damage for doing all this to his daughter regardless of whether he was lowered to the monsters level or not. The journal picked up a certain time later

“Journal Entry 3057. I don't know what the date is. I do know that the suns here have come up fifteen times since I last wrote in my journal. They almost found it but luckily I managed to hide it before they entered my cell. Kivar came to me a few times and brought me out of my cell and up to his private apartments...” it trailed off leaving the insinuation open
“I tried fixing myself so that he's unsuccessful in his plans but so far I've had no luck. I don't know exactly what I'm doing; altering molecular structure was always difficult. He's invited me up to his rooms several times and twice he's succeeded in creating an heir. The first time... I managed to stop it from growing. It hurt so much but I had no choice!” there were more splodges wrinkling the paper and she'd cried a lot “It got a little easier the second time. It didn't hurt as much and they didn't know that he'd actually got me pregnant so they won't be constantly watching me to make sure I don't do what I did. I really miss Max, maybe if I can convince Kivar that I can only conceive with Max then maybe I'll get to see him again. Even if it's for a little bit I can get him to completely destroy my womb so that I don't have to go through killing my babies, that is killing me to do. But it's much better than the alternative. If it's possible I'm going to see if Max can split the seal and pass half of it onto me or something. If I was carrying part of it then that would mean I'd be important and they wouldn't kill me once they found out I couldn't have children”

Jeff slammed the journal down on the counter startling some of the people sitting on the other side who were still milling around hovering over their food. There was no way to describe the pain and trauma his baby was going through, those words were shocking at best; was it real? It had to be, there was definitely no way she would create a story like this. That meant someone had raped his baby girl, someone had driven her to kill her own babies twice in order to save it from the monster who wanted her children!

He was so shocked that he didn't notice Liz coming in through the door. Maria had dropped her off in the Jetta on her way home. As soon as Liz saw her father she knew he knew about her past... or at least some of it by the way he was looking at her

“Is it true?” he whispered after coming to stand in front of her. She seemed ashamed as she stood frozen to the spot. She nodded her head refusing to look up as tears filled her eyes “How? When did this happen? In the future? You still look sixteen”

“I came back” she told him, he hadn't gotten to her last few entries “I escaped and I used the Granolith to come back to stop it all from happening”

“Liz” he said softly lifted her chin with his fingers “Look at me”

“Daddy!” she sobbed as soon as she locked eyes with him “Oh God!” he pulled her into his arms as painful sobs racked her body. She collapsed against him and he lifted her up into his arms, she was so small; just a little girl! How on Earth had she coped with something like this? She was just a kid!

Liz clung to her father as he carried her through the diner, up the stairs and into their apartment. Nancy got worried when she saw him carrying her

“What's wrong?” she demanded as he laid Liz down on the couch

“There's a lot that I have to tell you” he said, sparing Liz a glance. She was in no state to explain what had happened to her “But first I have to go get her journal”

“My journal” Liz whispered “So that's how you knew. You read it” she spoke to aloud, more to herself than anyone else in the room.

“Liz?” Nancy stroked her daughter's hair while Jeff went and retrieved the journal “What happened to you? You can tell me, baby” Liz said nothing and just leaned into her mother's arms as Nancy stroked her hair. Liz slowly drifted into a semi peaceful state but before long her dreams were haunted by her past.

“I haven't read all of it yet. Only three entries... there was someone called Kivar. He raped her, Nancy, he raped her so she would get pregnant. He wanted to get her pregnant so he could take the baby away. He succeeded twice but Liz... she terminated both pregnancies before he found out”

“God! When the hell did this happen? Why didn't she come to us! Why didn't we know?” she gasped in disbelief “To us it hasn't happened yet. Here” he carefully laid Liz down on the couch and covered her with the Afghan then handed Nancy the journal. They read it together, reading even further in until Nancy refused to read anymore. Tears were streaming down her face as she looked at her little baby girl; how the hell had she survived all that? “My baby” she sobbed as she carefully brushed strands off Liz's forehead

“Max” Liz murmured in her sleep. From what they'd read who ever this Max was they knew that he'd married Liz and did his best to protect her from Kivar. It was clear to see that Liz loved him more than anything in the world and from his actions trying to protect her and taking the torture for both of them he loved her too. Nancy couldn't wait to meet the man who would be her son in law and be the only thing that kept Liz strong during that awful time.

Liz slept through the night and when morning came she woke up to find her parents barely awake. They'd been up all night reading through the journal and keeping an eye on her

“Mom, dad” she called as she sat up

“Liz!” Nancy dropped the book and quickly rushed over to her “Are you okay? Do you want something to eat? Drink?”

“I'm fine mom. I have to get ready for school” she pushed the blanket aside and stood up, she groaned when she realised she was still wearing her 'costume' from last night

“You don't have to go in today if you don't want to” Jeff declared “We read the rest of your journal. There's a lot we want to talk about”

“Please...” she almost begged, it was hard enough knowing it happened to her but to relive it over and over “I can't”

“She doesn't have to talk about it” said Nancy with a glare at her husband

“No, mom, it's okay. I will talk about it. Just not now... I'm holding a... a meeting later at the reservoir after school? Would you come? This is very hard for me and I'd rather just tell everyone altogether once so I don't have to repeat myself”

“Of course we'll be there” Jeff nodded “You better get ready for school, then”

“Liz you really don't have to go in if you don't want to” Nancy urged but Liz shook her head

“I have class. Max will be there”

“Max?” whispered Jeff “The one from your journal? The alien you married?”

“Yeah”

“Will-will we get to meet him?” she asked her daughter and she nodded

“He'll be there this afternoon. I want you to meet him” she replied “He's from this line, he doesn't know about my past though. He doesn't know what will happen in this future”

“But you do” Jeff shook his head “You know... god Liz if I can take away all the painful memories”

“No” Liz shook her head “If I didn't have the painful memories I wouldn't have fought so hard to come back and change what will happen here. Those memories make me who I am. For the thirteen years before Earth was destroyed I've never been happier. I had a family and we saw the world, travelled America and saved so many people. We all looked out for each other and I will never ever regret that. I'm only sad that I won't have those thirteen years if I'm successful in stopping the bad things that'll happen”

“You're the most amazing, incredible person... I can't even begin!” he told her, the pride he felt when he looked at his daughter filled him with so much hope. She'd been hurt in all the worst possible ways a person could be and here she was still struggling forward, fighting for her family and for the rest of the human race.

“Thanks, dad, now I have to go get ready for school” she announced before disappearing to her room. Jeff just watched her go and sighed deeply, he wanted to meet this Max person as much as his wife did. Who ever could make his daughter so optimistic after so much... darkness would always be perfect for her.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 4 26/06/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Five
Jeff looked round the cafe and smiled at how quiet it was. Everyone was out partying at the crash festival and he was grateful for the quiet. There were few patrons in the diner but there wasn't any rush on. He even considered closing the kitchen early and having an early night in with Nancy.

He wandered out from behind the counter to get two cups of coffee for booth three when he spotted something lying on the floor. It looked like an old worn book that he'd never seen before, he picked it up. It was made out of metal and there were two words scratched into the front of it 'Elizabeth Evans'

“Must be Liz's” he mumbled as he shoved it into his apron and fetched the coffee for booth three. After giving the customers their coffee he made himself comfy behind the counter and picked out the strange book. He stared at it debating whether he should read it or return it, in the end he opened to the first page and found thin paper much like toilet paper and was surprised. Why would Liz write on toilet paper? He wondered, there had been some strange things happening the past few days and it only spurned on his desire to know. He looked round the cafe before letting his gaze return to the book and he began to read.

“Journal entry 3054. September 4th 2025. It's been three weeks since we were brought here and I'm as scared as ever. It's been three weeks since I saw sunlight... since I last saw the sun. Two weeks since Earth was completely destroyed. Kivar is holding Max and me prisoner... if anyone reads this then... I don't know. I don't exactly have hope anymore. I'm the last of my kind, the last human in existence and even then I'm not longer fully human. I'd hoped for so much when we came back to Roswell and started the resistance not that it didn't do any good. For three years we fought and we were killed off one by one. I miss my family, I miss Michael and Maria, I miss Jacob and Serina, I miss Isabel and Kyle and I miss Alex. All I can do is remember them as the two of us huddle together to keep warm. It's cold here on Antar, much colder than I was ever used to. Kivar leaves us alone but soon he's going to have to deal with us. I'm scared about what he'll do to us, I know he wants us dead and I know there's no way we can stop him. I know that I'll die here and no one will mourn my death. I have a feeling that whenever Kivar decides it's my time to die he'll kill me in front of Max, as if it wasn't bad enough that he wiped out every single life on Earth and destroyed our home... Kivar just wants to break Max, break him for his very existence and I would sooner die before that happens. I'd rather kill myself then let Kivar use me in hurting Max anymore. The Granolith is here and if we can get out and find it then we might have a chance...” the page trailed off, Liz had written no more on that day but there was more on the next page

“Journal Entry 3055 September 8th 2025. They took Max away four days ago, they brought him back today. They had tortured him for information... they want to know how to use the Granolith. Thank God Serina and I managed to modify it so only we can use it. I didn't think I was ever going to see my husband again. I waited and waited till that damn prison door opened and they brought him back in, I didn't eat and I didn't sleep. I know I should have done so I could have had some strength in me to try and heal him up. He hasn't woken up yet and I'm a little worried. All I can do is try and take my mind off how badly they beat him. I'm going to rest up a bit then try and heal him with the energy I do have. They don't know I have powers and I'm grateful. They used a trithium amplifier on Max but it didn't work on me. If they found out that I had powers they'd surely kill me... whether I was Max's wife or not” Jeff stopped reading. It sounded so outrageous and unbelievable but Liz wasn't one of making stories. He put the journal back in his apron as his mind filled with more questions, he would find out the meaning behind such a horrifying and scary tale and who it was that Liz had been talking to earlier.

He was dying to read more but he had the cafe to run, he decided there and then that he was going to close early and show the strange journal to Nancy. He knew that Liz kept a journal so it wasn't surprising to see this and it was his daughter's handwriting. Some of it just seemed too extreme and far fetched but he knew that Liz wasn't the type of person to make things up like that. Was it possible that it happened? He shook his head, it was dated in the future, did that mean it could happen? He wanted to know why Liz of all people would be chosen to be the last of her kind? And what about the guy she mentioned, he wondered, she'd mentioned a husband but didn't say they were the last only see was. Was her husband an alien? Did it mean that one day he would have an alien son in law? Jeff wanted to know the answer to that one. All he knew for sure was there was something going on with Liz and he was going to do whatever he needed to, to find out the truth.

Another half an hour and suddenly he was climbing the walls. The kitchen was in the process of being closed and Jeff found himself sat at the counter. His hand reached unbidden into his apron and pulled out the odd journal and despite not wanting to hear how horrible the story was he couldn't help but read his daughter's words.

“Journal Entry 3056 January 2026 I'm not sure of the date. Kivar came to us both once before he separated us. I haven't seen Max since early October, I think, I'm not sure of the date anymore. I don't even know why I'm trying to keep the date. Earth is gone, so is everything I hold dear; why bother about the date when I'll never feel grass against my feet or see the birds flying about the sky...” there were wrinkled splodges and Jeff guessed she'd been crying when she wrote that “Kivar told us why he kept me and Max alive. He wants Max's information about the Granolith and he wants the Royal Seal Max carries; I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse that he made me promise not to tell him what I knew about the Granolith. So far they've left me alone, they don't fully understand what and who I am. All they see is just some human and I'm grateful that they're underestimating me so much to ignore me completely. I don't know if Max is alive or not, but I haven't felt him die so I can only assume he's still being kept alive just like me. That knowledge is the highlight of my day, I wake up and I know he's still breathing and he's alive. I just wish I could see him, I miss him so much! Kivar plans on using me to create an heir; he wants to use me because I'm Max's wife. Even though they see me as only a human they still recognise me as Queen of Antar, so I'm perfect to carry the heir to the throne. I want to give up, I want to take away the satisfaction Kivar will have in using me against Max; if I didn't think it would completely destroy him I'd do it! If Kivar even managed to impregnate me I would kill myself before I let him take my child away, regardless of Max. Before he separated us we made a promise that neither of us would suffer through the pain of having a child born and stolen from us...”

The words stopped there so Jeff turned over the page. He wondered who this Kivar person was, if he ever met the man then he'd seriously do some damage for doing all this to his daughter regardless of whether he was lowered to the monsters level or not. The journal picked up a certain time later

“Journal Entry 3057. I don't know what the date is. I do know that the suns here have come up fifteen times since I last wrote in my journal. They almost found it but luckily I managed to hide it before they entered my cell. Kivar came to me a few times and brought me out of my cell and up to his private apartments...” it trailed off leaving the insinuation open
“I tried fixing myself so that he's unsuccessful in his plans but so far I've had no luck. I don't know exactly what I'm doing; altering molecular structure was always difficult. He's invited me up to his rooms several times and twice he's succeeded in creating an heir. The first time... I managed to stop it from growing. It hurt so much but I had no choice!” there were more splodges wrinkling the paper and she'd cried a lot “It got a little easier the second time. It didn't hurt as much and they didn't know that he'd actually got me pregnant so they won't be constantly watching me to make sure I don't do what I did. I really miss Max, maybe if I can convince Kivar that I can only conceive with Max then maybe I'll get to see him again. Even if it's for a little bit I can get him to completely destroy my womb so that I don't have to go through killing my babies, that is killing me to do. But it's much better than the alternative. If it's possible I'm going to see if Max can split the seal and pass half of it onto me or something. If I was carrying part of it then that would mean I'd be important and they wouldn't kill me once they found out I couldn't have children”

Jeff slammed the journal down on the counter startling some of the people sitting on the other side who were still milling around hovering over their food. There was no way to describe the pain and trauma his baby was going through, those words were shocking at best; was it real? It had to be, there was definitely no way she would create a story like this. That meant someone had raped his baby girl, someone had driven her to kill her own babies twice in order to save it from the monster who wanted her children!

He was so shocked that he didn't notice Liz coming in through the door. Maria had dropped her off in the Jetta on her way home. As soon as Liz saw her father she knew he knew about her past... or at least some of it by the way he was looking at her

“Is it true?” he whispered after coming to stand in front of her. She seemed ashamed as she stood frozen to the spot. She nodded her head refusing to look up as tears filled her eyes “How? When did this happen? In the future? You still look sixteen”

“I came back” she told him, he hadn't gotten to her last few entries “I escaped and I used the Granolith to come back to stop it all from happening”

“Liz” he said softly lifted her chin with his fingers “Look at me”

“Daddy!” she sobbed as soon as she locked eyes with him “Oh God!” he pulled her into his arms as painful sobs racked her body. She collapsed against him and he lifted her up into his arms, she was so small; just a little girl! How on Earth had she coped with something like this? She was just a kid!

Liz clung to her father as he carried her through the diner, up the stairs and into their apartment. Nancy got worried when she saw him carrying her

“What's wrong?” she demanded as he laid Liz down on the couch

“There's a lot that I have to tell you” he said, sparing Liz a glance. She was in no state to explain what had happened to her “But first I have to go get her journal”

“My journal” Liz whispered “So that's how you knew. You read it” she spoke to aloud, more to herself than anyone else in the room.

“Liz?” Nancy stroked her daughter's hair while Jeff went and retrieved the journal “What happened to you? You can tell me, baby” Liz said nothing and just leaned into her mother's arms as Nancy stroked her hair. Liz slowly drifted into a semi peaceful state but before long her dreams were haunted by her past.

“I haven't read all of it yet. Only three entries... there was someone called Kivar. He raped her, Nancy, he raped her so she would get pregnant. He wanted to get her pregnant so he could take the baby away. He succeeded twice but Liz... she terminated both pregnancies before he found out”

“God! When the hell did this happen? Why didn't she come to us! Why didn't we know?” she gasped in disbelief “To us it hasn't happened yet. Here” he carefully laid Liz down on the couch and covered her with the Afghan then handed Nancy the journal. They read it together, reading even further in until Nancy refused to read anymore. Tears were streaming down her face as she looked at her little baby girl; how the hell had she survived all that? “My baby” she sobbed as she carefully brushed strands off Liz's forehead

“Max” Liz murmured in her sleep. From what they'd read who ever this Max was they knew that he'd married Liz and did his best to protect her from Kivar. It was clear to see that Liz loved him more than anything in the world and from his actions trying to protect her and taking the torture for both of them he loved her too. Nancy couldn't wait to meet the man who would be her son in law and be the only thing that kept Liz strong during that awful time.

Liz slept through the night and when morning came she woke up to find her parents barely awake. They'd been up all night reading through the journal and keeping an eye on her

“Mom, dad” she called as she sat up

“Liz!” Nancy dropped the book and quickly rushed over to her “Are you okay? Do you want something to eat? Drink?”

“I'm fine mom. I have to get ready for school” she pushed the blanket aside and stood up, she groaned when she realised she was still wearing her 'costume' from last night

“You don't have to go in today if you don't want to” Jeff declared “We read the rest of your journal. There's a lot we want to talk about”

“Please...” she almost begged, it was hard enough knowing it happened to her but to relive it over and over “I can't”

“She doesn't have to talk about it” said Nancy with a glare at her husband

“No, mom, it's okay. I will talk about it. Just not now... I'm holding a... a meeting later at the reservoir after school? Would you come? This is very hard for me and I'd rather just tell everyone altogether once so I don't have to repeat myself”

“Of course we'll be there” Jeff nodded “You better get ready for school, then”

“Liz you really don't have to go in if you don't want to” Nancy urged but Liz shook her head

“I have class. Max will be there”

“Max?” whispered Jeff “The one from your journal? The alien you married?”

“Yeah”

“Will-will we get to meet him?” she asked her daughter and she nodded

“He'll be there this afternoon. I want you to meet him” she replied “He's from this line, he doesn't know about my past though. He doesn't know what will happen in this future”

“But you do” Jeff shook his head “You know... god Liz if I can take away all the painful memories”

“No” Liz shook her head “If I didn't have the painful memories I wouldn't have fought so hard to come back and change what will happen here. Those memories make me who I am. For the thirteen years before Earth was destroyed I've never been happier. I had a family and we saw the world, travelled America and saved so many people. We all looked out for each other and I will never ever regret that. I'm only sad that I won't have those thirteen years if I'm successful in stopping the bad things that'll happen”

“You're the most amazing, incredible person... I can't even begin!” he told her, the pride he felt when he looked at his daughter filled him with so much hope. She'd been hurt in all the worst possible ways a person could be and here she was still struggling forward, fighting for her family and for the rest of the human race.

“Thanks, dad, now I have to go get ready for school” she announced before disappearing to her room. Jeff just watched her go and sighed deeply, he wanted to meet this Max person as much as his wife did. Who ever could make his daughter so optimistic after so much... darkness would always be perfect for her.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 5 28/06/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Six
Michael looked out the window of his foster father's trailer at the Old Chisholm Trail Trailer Park and couldn't help but smile. As far fetched as it sounded, especially considering that it would be Maria Deluca who would make his dreams come true, he was happy. True his bed was inches away from falling apart and all he owned in the world could fit into a small ratty backpack but he wouldn't have traded it for the world. What Liz had told him...

“What the hell are you grinning about?” demanded Hank as he stood in Michael's doorway

“Nothing” Michael bit out hoping to avoid an argument

“Didn't look like nothing to me” he commented before changing the subject “I told you to get food for breakfast. Where were you, Mickey?”

“I got food and don't call me Mickey. I ain't a mouse”

“What am I supposed to do with a bag of vegetables and I don't even know what this is”

“It's a swede, dad, and I suggest you try cooking them” he said, the last part he muttered under his breathe. Hank glared at him

“Cut the jokes wise guy! If you think you're so clever why don't you try cooking them?”

“I'm not hungry” he responded then turned to stare out the window. He was picturing Maria and what Serina and Jacob would look like. Serina would have brown hair like her brother, he imagined, but she would have Maria's eyes. Jacob, however, would be darker... more like him and he'd have dark eyes and always look out for his big sister... Michael didn't know why but he did imagine that Serina would be the eldest.

He was jerked out of his thoughts when Hank grabbed him roughly, pulling him up before pushing him into the kitchen

“It wasn't a request! Come on wise ass! I'm waiting!” he tossed the bag at Michael glaring at him to defy him

Michael dropped the bag to the floor without taking his eyes off Hank. He shook his head and lifted his chin in defiance

“No. You can cook your own food! You're not my family! Hell, you're not even my real father!” he shouted as his emotions tried to get the better of him

“No, Mickey, I'm not. But I'm your legal guardian because your real family... your parents, they knew that you were a failure so they got rid of you! They didn't want you! Shit, I don't even want you. At least I get a cheque each month to put up with you!”

“Shut up! My family do want me! Don't you dare say anything about them! They're better than you are!”

“Yeah then where the hell are they?”

“Right here” they both turned to see Liz standing in the doorway “If I were you, Mr Guerin, I'd watch what you say to my brother in law”

“Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my house!”

“Elizabeth Evans and I'm here to give Michael a lift to school” she replied “Are you ready? Everyone's waiting” something caught her eye and she glanced to the toaster before turning back to the situation before her.

“Yeah, Liz, I'm ready. Let's get out of here” he quickly grabbed her arm and led her from the trailer to where Maria was waiting in the Jetta.

Michael slid in the back as Liz slid into shotgun. He stopped when he realised whose car this was and who was driving

“Uhh... hi” he said with a slow smile

“Hi” Maria replied, a small smile spreading over her face too. They glanced shyly back and forth before Liz cleared her throat.

“Are we going to school or do you want to head to that little motel on 285 South?” she couldn't help but ask with a smirk and both of them looked deeply embarrassed.

“Uhm, yeah” Maria nodded as she started the car and headed to West Roswell.

When they arrived they all got out and were all about to go inside when Michael stopped Liz, he glanced at Maria before turning back to her

“Can I talk to you?”

“I'll see you in class” said Maria, she bit her lip then stepped closer to Michael hesitating for a moment. He stared at her and his eyes darkened, she licked her lips then chickened out and kissed his cheek before running as probably as her feet could carry her away. She watched the entire display with happiness because they were on the path to being a really great couple.

“Liz” Michael began when he finally found his voice “I want to thank you for... for telling me about Maria and for coming to my house this morning. And... about what you said... about me being family... thanks. I've never had a family before, Hank doesn't count, it's nice to think that there is someone willing to give me the benefit of the doubt and look out for me”

“Any time. It's what families do, they protect and care for each other. My... my parents know. They don't know about you or Isabel but they know Max is an alien, they read my journal. The journal I kept when I was on Antar... they're coming to this meeting this afternoon. They'll know all I know about you by tonight... Michael I want you to come and stay with us. If they're against it then I'll get my own place and you can come with me”

“Liz... do you have any idea what you're asking?”

“Yes I do. You may be just my be my brother in law but you've always been a brother to me. You're my family and I want to keep you safe. Especially from Hank... Michael he tried to shoot you” she whispered

“What?”

“In a few weeks Hank tries to shoot you. Max and Isabel save you but who knows what'll happen! Maybe you won't be that lucky! I want you to come and stay with us, please Michael”

“I-I don't know what to say”

“Well at least think about it”

“I will” he nodded before they moved off to join everyone else wandering through the halls.

Max watched her. He'd been watching her for the last few minutes as well as half the class, the teacher stood there staring at her angrily for being such a disruption. She still hadn't noticed that she'd brought the entire class to a standstill.

She was sitting on the floor holding the chalkboard erasers and running her hands softly over the side which wiped the board. Liz had been sat there doing that for the last five minutes and had been completely oblivious to everything and everyone else in the room. Suddenly she looked up, dropped the eraser then hurried to the potted plant in the corner. She knelt there sniffing the small flowers and stroking the leaves. Why was she behaving like this? Max wondered as he watched her.

No one else seemed to be stopping her so he got up and walked over to her. The teacher glared roughly at him as he knelt down next to her

“Liz?” he whispered, she jumped turning to look at him with surprise

“Max?” she replied just as quickly then her eyes went wide and she shook her head “No, you're not Max. Where is he? What have you done with him?”

“Liz... it's me. You're in school”

“School?” she looked around then turned look at Max “Oh... it's okay. I'm in school... I don't feel well”

“I'll take her to the nurse” Max announced helping Liz up and out of the room. He half carried her half led her along the hall and she leaned against him “What was that back there?”

“Hm?” she mumbled as she watched the dust flecks float on the sunlight

“Why were you doing those things?” he couldn't help but ask, was it a product of him healing her? Did it have some affect on her mental faculties? Rumour was that she'd even broken up with Kyle.

“In the future... everything's gone” she announced “Earth gets destroyed and all the silly things people take for granted like toasters, erasers and plants disappear in the blink of an eye. I've lived in a world were there's nothing but darkness and there's none of those things left. It's a miracle to see them, to be able to touch them again. I never thought... I would, ever again” she began to sob “I'm grateful to see them because things are back how they used to be and even though you're all here. You're not the people I knew, I wish they would come back too! I miss my family, I miss my husband”

Max stopped still. She sounded so hurt and upset, what had she been through? He held her in his arms and stroked her tears away

“I may not be the Max from your future. I may never be him but no matter what, Liz, I'll be there for you. I'll do anything I can to give you your family back” he made a silent vow there and then.

“Thank you” she whispered through her tears then buried her head against his chest. Max stroked her hair and just held her in the middle of the hallway. He'd never ever let her go and he'd do his best to make her happy.

Liz was sent home after Max took her to the nurses office. Her parents were called and she was taken home. Jeff came to pick up his daughter and was surprised to see a young boy sitting with her

“Liz, are you okay?” he asked as he knelt down in front of her. She was leaning forward letting her hair hang down shadowing her face

“Dad” she replied quietly reaching out of him. He gathered her up in his arms and she clung to him, he could tell that she'd been in no state to leave for school when Maria came to pick her up. The poor girl was close to breaking down completely

“It's okay honey. I'll take you home and we'll get you into bed” he declared

“Is she going to be okay?” Max asked, Jeff glared at the boy wondering who he was. Whoever he was, he was sure that he wasn't Max. The boy looked far too human to be anything but alien

“She'll be fine” he bit out moodily

“Max” Liz called suddenly looking up straight at the boy Jeff had just been rude to “Come to the reservoir after school. Bring Isabel...” she said before her father spirited her out of the room.

“That was him, wasn't it. That was Max” he asked and she nodded mutely glancing back over her shoulder

“Yeah that was him” her voice sounded strained, she felt like she'd break any second. That all the events that led her here would make her fall apart at the seams and there would be nothing of her left. Sometimes she'd wish for it, she'd wish to just melt or disappear anything to go through the crap Kivar would put her through.

Jeff couldn't help but glance at her every so often, he felt like such a failure. He was a father, her father, and when she needed him the most he wasn't there. Its so hard to just try and protect your child from all the cruelties of this world, from all the bad things that could happen. But how do you protect your kid from the cruelties of another world? How can you stop the bad things then?

“So... that was him, eh. Did he bring you to the nurses office?”

“Yeah, he did. I wasn't feeling well... I got a little upset over all the things I missed when I was on Antar”

“What was... what was your cell like?” the words sounded strange to him and he cursed himself for asking her a question like that

“It was dark. It was dark all the time, there weren't any windows only a door. I used to sit in the corner near the door and write in my journal. There was a small square hole with four bars at the bottom of the door. I'd sit in the corner because it would get the most light and I'd be able to hear guards coming down the hallway. I always had to be away from the door when the guards came, usually to bring me food but sometimes... He came. They would turn the light on and it would take me some time to adjust to it. He never did anything in my cell, it was far too dirty for him, he would have the guards escort me up to his private chamber...” she stopped abruptly and snapped on the radio “I miss things you know. I missed music and rain and the feel of grass against my toes. I was in that cell for ten years. We only escaped because Kivar underestimated me, he thought I was human. No one had ever told him otherwise and he treated me like one”

With a growl Jeff turned the car around and drove away from the CrashDown towards the park. He parked up and helped Liz out of the car “What are we doing here dad?”

“Just close your eyes” he said softly and he took both her hands and led her into the park. He led her over the path to a large area of grass “Sit down slowly” he helped her lower to the ground as her eyes remained closed. He let go of her hands and removed her shoes and socks

“What's that?” asked Liz as she felt cool droplets of water landing on her face, she was dying to open her eyes to find out where she was but her dad hadn't said she could yet

“Open them” he said finally, she opened her eyes and he was sat a few metres away from her watching as she sat close on the grass close to the sprinklers in the park. Liz's eyes went wide as she looked around.

She jumped to her feet feeling the grass tickling her soles as she rushed into the spray from the sprinklers. Jeff just watched and saw how alive and wonderous his daughter really was, but then again she was right. All the little things, they'd all be lost if Earth was destroyed; no wonder she missed them. This was her home and it was the things taken for granted that reminded her of it. She twirled under the water, her hair got damp and her clothes stuck to her but she didn't care.

“Not what I imagined” came a throaty voice suddenly that made her stop spinning “You make an odd queen”

Jeff hurried over to his little girl when he saw that familiar bald man talking to her again. She seemed to stiffen in surprise

“Liz are you okay?” he asked placing a hand on her shoulder protectively

“I'm fine dad. Dad, I'd like you to meet Kal Langley, Kal this is my dad Jeff Parker” she said giving a formal introduction

“I'd say it was an honour but then again I'd be lying” he said curtly as they shook hands

“What do you want with my daughter?”

“I'm a director in Hollywood. I think your daughter has potential”

“Kal. You don't have to do the Hollywood spiel, my father knows about aliens” declared Liz and his eyes went wide

“Are you insane? Don't tell me you've been going around telling everyone?”

“No, she hasn't” Jeff cut it before glancing at Liz “Is he an alien?”

“Yes. He's a shapeshifter, he's a guardian to the Royal Four and he's going to be meeting everyone with me this afternoon”

“Royal Four, so it's your job to protect my daughter? She's one of the Royal Four, right?” he asked calmly even though anger was pouring off him in waves. Kal nodded as he rolled his eyes, he couldn't care less about this stupid human.

Without warning Jeff swung his fist sending it crashing into Langley's jaw, the shorter man fell to the floor holding his chin.

“Dad!” cried Liz

“She went through hell! Where were you?”

“Dad!” Liz got his attention “Langley was dead when I was captured by Kivar. He couldn't protect me because he'd been killed. He gave his life”

“You're alright” said Kal suddenly laughing aloud as he lifted himself up off the grass “You didn't have to hit me and if you do that again then we'll be having problems”

“Just try it” he hissed squaring up to him angrily

“Both of you stop it!” she cried, Liz leaned forward and her breath came slower “Stop...” she collapsed forwards and Jeff caught her

“Liz? LIZ!” he gasped, he felt for her pulse; it was there and unbelievably erratic

“Let's get her to your car. Then I can check her out” said Langley quietly. Jeff carried her to his car and laid her down on the back seat. Langley held his hand over her head and it glowed softly “She's fine... she's dreaming. She collapsed because she's exhausted, she's suffering from time travellers jet lag”

“I'm taking her home. She needs to rest, that meeting this afternoon is off!” said Jeff roughly as he got in the car and disappeared home with Liz still on the back seat.

Kal just watched them go and from the few seconds that he'd been connected with Liz there was no way in hell she would let him call off this meeting.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 6 02/07/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Seven
Nancy watched her sleeping on the couch. She'd been sleeping ever since Jeff brought her home from the park; as soon as they school had phoned explaining that Liz was sick she'd been out of her mind and then Jeff failed to come back. When he did her little girl was out cold, he should have brought her straight home! She wanted to shout at him, yell her frustration out at him but she feared that it would wake Liz up.

The poor girl needed all the rest she could get. Who knew the effects time travel had on someone? Nancy suddenly panicked; what if Liz never woke up? What if coming back meant that her energy would be sucked out until it killed her? She nervously went over and checked her daughter's vitals, they were all normal despite her being a little warmer than usual. Liz, she just looked like she was sleeping. But that didn't stop the older woman from worrying.

Deep in Liz's subconscious as she slept she dreamt of the best and worse time of her life. Strangely enough it was on Antar...

Liz had been brought back to her cell after an evening with Kivar. It had gone as planned and she couldn't help the disgust that coursed through her. She felt Max near by in a cell not too far from hers but she pulled away from him burying herself deep within her own soul, blocking everything out.

Kivar had been raping her constantly for the past two months and she'd been checked over each time by doctors the next day to see if she'd produced an heir. She couldn't help it was she broke down sobbing on her knees that were pulled tight against her chest.

“My God!” she gasped as her emotion consumed her

“Shut the hell up!” roared a guard and she sucked in a breathe trying to control her sadness. She couldn't even emotionally grieve for what she was going through! Liz rose to her feet and walked over to the pile of threadbare blankets in the corner that passed as her bed. She picked one up and wound it round until it was thin enough to tie into a noose. She didn't have anything to hang herself on though. Her room was empty save for a bucket and her blankets; she couldn't even kill herself like she wanted!

She abandoned the noose and tried to make use of the bucket. It was made out of weak metal and she kicked it until a piece broke off. She brought it to her neck and slowly pressed it against her artery; she stopped suddenly when she felt a strange throbbing in her stomach.

“I'm pregnant” she whispered dropping the metal shard and splaying both hands over her tummy to feel the life growing inside her “I'm going to have a baby. Our... no... it's his baby. Not Max's” tears filled her eyes once more. She fiercely shook her head “Not my baby”

She picked up that shard once more and plunged it into her stomach. She focused her energy and sent it in through the metal blasting the unborn baby “I'm sorry!”

Liz screamed... she screamed so loud that Max thought she was being killed. Guards rushed into her room surveying the scene and immediately called for a healer to save her, Kivar would go insane if she died! It was too late for the baby. She couldn't stop screaming as she felt her baby dying inside her, dying at her hands.

Liz jerked awake knocking Nancy back so she landed on the floor in shock, she jerked with fright as her little girl sat there for a moment before letting out the most blood curdling scream she'd ever heard. Liz was clawing at her stomach as tears streamed down her face. Jeff came in when he heard his daughter's scream and quickly rushed over to restrain her.

“Liz! LIZ!” it took a while before he got her attention. She hiccuped then swallowed before wiping away the tears and making her face blank, he stood up and helped Nancy up off the floor

“What time is it?” she asked

“It's almost three” whispered Nancy, what had she been dreaming about; what could have possibly caused a reaction like that?

“We've got to go meet the others”

“The meeting's cancelled. I told Kal that it's cancelled, you're in no fit state to go out there” said Jeff putting his foot down. Liz glared at him, she rose from them the couch squaring up to him; suddenly he felt terrified of her. She was intimidating him and it was working.

“Get the car. We're going, you're not going to stop me. You either come with me or you can stay here. It's your choice, either help me or get out of the way”

“Jeff” Nancy called him “Go get the car. Liz needs us since she's certainly made up her mind about going”

“Yeah, yeah okay” he nodded then left the room to get the car. Liz slipped her shoes on and smiled at her mom as a thank you.

Quietly the pair walked downstairs and got in the car where Jeff was waiting. Liz sat in the back while her parents were in the front and they drove out of town towards the reservoir.

He wondered what he was doing here. He knew it had something to do with Liz and why she'd dumped him, she said that she'd come and explain everything to him and his father after the Crash Festival but she had failed to turn up. So many questions were running through his mind, why did she want to explain things to his dad as well? Why all the cloak and dagger attitude and why did Alex Whitman, Maria Deluca, Michael Guerin, Max and Isabel Evans have to do with this? And who the hell was that guy standing by the really expensive looking black jeep who was eyeing up everyone?

“I think that's them” he said suddenly. Everyone looked at the weird bald guy before turning to see a faint dust cloud rising as a car drove towards them. Within minutes all the Parker's arrived and they came over with Liz leading the way

“Thank you all for meeting me here” she said as she took the floor, so to speak. The bald man immediately moved over to her side and began whispering with her. They argued quietly for a few minutes before he glared at her and folded his arms angrily before letting her continue “I know that what I'm about to tell you... no, show you... what I'm about to show you is going to be a little scary but... well you need to know”

“Liz, what's going on? Why are we all here?” Kyle demanded suddenly

“You're all here because you're the people I trust more than anything or anyone on this planet or the next” she replied simply “You're my family... or you become my family. I know this bit won't be exactly pleasant but I want you to hold hands”

“What?” mumbled Alex “Hold hands?”

“That's what she said” Michael hissed at him, Isabel nodded and walked over to hold her estranged brother's hand. Max took her other hand while Maria held Michael's free hand, they all joined hands until Liz was the last one standing in the circle not holding anyone's hand

“Clear your minds. You're going to need to be ready for this” she said, she sucked in a deep breathe then took hold of the hands outstretched to her which was Max and her father. Immediately the flashes started, they began from the shooting in her time line, Jim hounding Max, her Grandmother passing away, Tess and Nasedo coming to Roswell, Nasedo taking her, the White Room, The Destiny Message, Liz's terrible summer in Florida, coming back and trying to avoid Max, Future Max pretending to sleep with Kyle, the skins, The Dupes, Laurie DuPree, Nicholas, Alex's death, Alex's funeral, searching for Alex's killer, the fighting and falling out, finding out that Max and Tess were going to have a baby. Going to Las Cruces to kill Leanna, Discovering she wasn't Alex's murderer, Max and the others leaving, Discovering Tess's betrayal, Tess leaving with Max's baby, Max doing everything to rescue his son, robbing the Quikstop, her father's ban on Max, trying to be with him, Max finding and going to Kal Langley, Isabel getting married then the whole honeymoon fiasco, Samuel and Christmas, then New Years were Max and Maria went off to find Enigma, Liz getting her powers then leaving for Vermont, her feeling Max die then the strange few hours when he came to her school and tried to kill her, falling out the window and Max saving her life, going back to Roswell, Michael loosing control and going on a mad spree threatening everyone then trying to kill Jesse, Isabel's marriage hanging by a thread, Tess returning with the baby and bringing the entire FBI down on them once more, hiding out at Isabel's waiting for the heat to die down, the voting, Liz driving Tess to the base, Tess destroying the base, Max giving baby Zan up for adoption because he was human, Graduation and their escape into the night, Max and Liz getting married, wandering around in a van for several months before discovering Maria was pregnant with twins, settling in a small town just north of the Canadian border, Jacob and Serina being born making Michael the proudest father in the entire world, living together in the small town until the FBI tried to make an attempt at capturing them, spending the next four years on the road, doing courses whenever possible, Kyle and Isabel growing into close friends, birthdays celebrated, Serina passing her course in quantum mechanics and advanced physics at the age of eight thanks to fake IDs, the first wave coming down in Australia, returning home as every government fought against the alien invasion, working with the resistance for three years, their parents tortured and killed, Jim throwing himself in front of a blast that would have killed Liz, Kyle and Isabel, Kyle holding his father's head in his hands as he died, Kivar destroying the sun, Kyle dying in a raid a few weeks later, someone telling her that Isabel had been killed when a group went out to get food, Nicholas coming back trying to capture Maria, Serina and Jacob, Michael fighting Nicholas until he lost and he was blasted, Michael watching Nicholas kill his family before his eyes, Max and Liz becoming the last of their group, Kivar coming to Earth, Max and Liz surrendering to him, giving up the Granolith, Kivar taking them from Earth by a ship, Liz watching as Earth was destroyed as the Antarian forces pulled out, being held prisoner on Antar, being separated from Max, her trips to Kivar, killing Kivar's baby, being reunited with Max before being separated once more, getting pregnant again and killing the baby a second time, being reunited with Max permanently, being tortured, watching Max being tortured, begging Max to destroy her womb, being left to rot in the cells, discovering the Granolith was nearby, their plans, Max and Liz's escape, Liz watching Max die...

The entire group holding hands felt every single emotion, felt ever feeling Liz had through the entire thirty six years from the day in the cafe when she was shot to the moment in the Granolith. Everyone let go and she collapsed to the floor; instantly it was as if a chain reaction was set off. Maria rushed over to Michael and he pulled her into his arms and held her there as if she'd disappear any second. Nancy, Jeff and Max rushed over to Liz as she sat there trying to catch her breathe. Isabel broke down in tears and Alex came over and held her as she cried

“Good god” gasped Jim “What the hell was that...?” he knew exactly what it was. He knew and saw everything, still that didn't stop him from asking

“She's an alien?” whispered Kyle “So are you... and you... you're a shapeshifter” he said addressed Kal who was stood there in a state of shock. He had no idea, yeah he figured out little bits from what she'd said, but he had no idea she'd been through that! His mind reeled for a moment before he masked his surprise and began to work through his priorities; protecting the Royal Four was paramount but Liz had asked him to protect the young boy Alex. He'd seen how important Alex was to the group before he was killed and that his death essential broke down the group separating them to be infiltrated and manipulated easily. That would be one of his goals, keep the group mentality strong so that it wouldn't be broken. After that he would eliminate the threat the other shapeshifter made by trying to break Max and Liz up; she carried the Third Seal which made her Queen, even though they had failed to complete a proper bonding ceremony, that meant that anyone else would clearly be dismissed as Queen.

He knew clearly that Liz wouldn't be able to function without Max and from what he saw as his young king helped the broken girl on the floor it was pretty much the same for him. Langley glanced over at the fair haired couple holding each other close as if the other would disappear; the boy Michael was the General. He'd have to be trained to reach his full potential, he'd have to take Michael as well when he took Alex, that way he could train them up and ensure their safety.

“Yeah I am... Alex” he replied then called the tall boy getting his attention. He lifted his head from Isabel's shoulder and stared at him “I'll find the reason but I want you to go home to pack. Be ready to come with me to Los Angeles”

“Yeah” he nodded glumly before turning to Isabel

“No Alex! I don't want you to go!” she shook her head her grip on him tightening “Don't leave me! I can't loose you!”

“You won't. I'm going away to be safe; I'll come back when it's safe for me to and we'll be together. That's if you want to... I know you got married to Jesse”

“Yeah but I love you. You know what and who I am and you didn't run away like he did” she pointed out and he nodded

“Good... when I come back we'll be together”

“Michael” Langley said “You have to come too”

“What? Why do I have to go? I want to stay here with my wife”

“She's not your wife yet. You're the general, I'm going to need to train you up to your full potential. You're going to need it with her as the Queen” he chuckled trying to make the highly tense situation a little bearable

“What's that supposed to mean?” Max demanded roughly turning to glare at Kal

“It was a joke... not a very good one. Sorry” he shook his head “She wants to go to Copper Summit on her own to 'take out' the skins. She's a spitfire through and through; she's going to need a good king and a strong General to take care of her” she'll need it, he mentally added

“I'm going with Michael” Maria announced “He's Max's General and I'm Liz's. I want to be trained up too. I want to be able to protect myself and my family”

“Are you sure?” Jim asked speaking up suddenly “Liz might need you more at the minute”

“She's got Kyle, Isabel and Max looking out for her not to mention her parents. I think... no, I know she'll be okay until I come back, right?” she turned hoping to hear her best friend agree with her but Liz was still on the floor staring off into space.

“I think we should get her home” Nancy said quietly. The two of them lifted Liz off the ground and put her in the back of their car

“Can I...” Max began, Jeff just nodded without saying a word. Max tossed his keys to Isabel who caught them easily and he climbed into the back seat. As soon as he was there Liz moved into his arms before closing her eyes. He held her safe as she fell asleep; she'd been through so much.

Isabel held the keys in her hands before looking at Alex, he nodded as a slow understanding smile spread across his face

“I don't want to be alone, not tonight, come with me. We have a lot to talk about”

“Yeah we do” he agreed before glancing at Maria who was still being held safely by Michael “Maria. Are you going to get back into town safe?”

“She'll be fine” Michael replied for her. Jim and Kyle were already walking to their cars, all the people involved would have a lot to talk about.

“Don't go to far” said Langley “I'll be keeping an eye out for all of you”

“Thanks” said Kyle, somehow the thought of having an alien shapeshifter watching his back was mighty appealing and made the world seem less darker than it had suddenly become for him.

Max didn't want to leave her but he knew he had to get home. How had she survived through all that? How had he? Through her eyes he'd seen how he lost one person after another... he saw the heights of their connection and knew each and every single time that Liz was raped by Kivar he felt it. He could only imagine what his future self felt like knowing that Liz was being abused by that monster and he was powerless to stop it!

“You should go home, Max” said Jeff. He wanted to be angry, he wanted to hate the boy in front of him. But he couldn't. In all the flashes he got as he worked through all Liz had shown him; he knew that Liz wouldn't be alive if it weren't for him. Yes, the boy in front of him would one day take his daughter away but she was be protected and loved; that was all he hoped for his daughter. He could see that even though times had been tough she'd been happy.

“I know” he replied “But I don't want to leave her...”

“We'll look after her for you” said Nancy from the doorway “You can come back tomorrow and see her then. But for now I think you're parents are worrying about you”

“Yeah, yes they probably are. Thank you” he said with a nod then untangled Liz from his arms and left.

It was quiet when he got home, his parents were in the living room watching TV and Isabel was no where in sight

“Where's Izzy?” he couldn't help but ask

“She's in her room. Max, can we talk to you” said Phillip, Max came and sat down and the TV was switched off

“What's wrong?”

“Oh, nothing sweetie. It's just Isabel mentioned that you were out on a date...”

“A date?” he repeated surprised, why had Isabel told them that?

“With that nice girl Elizabeth Parker, her parents run the CrashDown Cafe right?”

“Yeah...” he nodded, he was surprised but Isabel had laid the ground work for him. He'd have to get his own back and mention Alex “I was... on a date. She's my girlfriend”

“That's nice, dear” said Diane “But don't you think that you're rushing into things? We haven't met her yet”

“Diane, come on!” Philip interrupted “Didn't you hear what Isabel said? You know how picky and fussy Isabel is; do you really think she's give the girl praise if she wasn't good for her little brother?”

“I suppose” she grumbled “Still haven't met her. You should invite her round for dinner”

“Of course I will” said Max with a smile, then it got even bigger “Is Isabel inviting Alex?”

“Alex?” Philip's head shot up “Alex who? Why hasn't she mentioned him?”

“Alex Whitman... Isabel's boyfriend” Max almost singsonged

“Boyfriend?” Philip practically growled “She's too young to have a boyfriend!”

“I'm going to my room. I've got some studying to do” Max couldn't wait to tell his sister the news that he'd told their parents about her relationship with Alex; teach her to meddle in his affairs.

“I can't believe she went through all that” Alex whispered after settling down on the chair in Isabel's room. He'd followed her home in his car then she'd let him in through her window.

“I can. Somehow that just seems something she'd do. She endured so much, that's just who she is”

“What do you mean?”

“She's strong. She's the strongest person I've ever met” Isabel pointed out as she sat down on her bed, she wanted to be close to Alex but short of sitting in his lap, she had to sit on her bed “It killed her inside each time she lost one of us and yet she kept going. When she lost you she had to be strong for Maria, when she lost Kyle she had to be strong for me, when she lost me she had to be strong for Max and Michael, when she lost Maria, Jacob, Serina and Michael she had to be strong for Max and the resistance, when she lost the resistance she had to be strong for Max... what happens when there's no one left for her to strong for?”

“I dunno... I don't know what's going to happen now. All I know is that it's different for her now, she got us all back. She doesn't have to be strong for us, we have to be strong for her. She's going to need us to get through all she's been through”

“I know. I can't believe it, though, all her memories... what Kivar did to her. I felt every feeling she felt when she got rid of the baby, I felt it like I was getting rid of my own baby” she choked up and Alex immediately rose from his feet and sat down next to her on her bed pulling her into his arms.

“It's okay... it'll be okay”

“I don't want all that to happen. I don't want to loose you and I don't want Liz to go through that!”

“You won't. Langley will take Michael, Maria and me to LA and I'll be safe... and you know what, when I come back... I'm going to take you out. We're going to go Star Gazing and I'm going to treat you like a princess”

“Alex... I should have married you instead of Jesse. I loved you so much, I wish you'd been there for me when I took that step”

“I know. You don't have to tell me, I'm not angry that you married Jesse” he cooed softly stroking her hair “I was just glad you had a chance to be happy. That's all I want for you Isabel and if... if things do go bad and you do meet him, then you have my blessing to be with him”

“How can you say that?” she fiercely shook her head “It's you I want, it's you I'll ever want. You know the truth about me and you accept me. He didn't and the marriage fell apart, he got his happy with another woman. I'm going to get my happiness from you and no one else; now that we're together I'm not going to let you go”

“I love you” Alex blurted before he could stop himself, Isabel smiled and slowly leaned forward brushing her lips against his

“I love you too” she replied before kissing him again just as the door opened, Phillip walked into Isabel's room intent on asking her about who this Alex person was that Max told him she was dating and got the shock of his life

“Isabel... I wanted to talk to you about... Oh my God!”

“Aaah!” Alex jumped up and tried to avoid Phillip trying to grab him. Isabel rose to her feet trying to step between her father and her boyfriend

“Who the hell is that and what is he doing in your room?”

“This is Alex...”

“You're Alex!” Phillip growled, Isabel shook her head trying to stop her dad from murdering her boyfriend. She had a feeling Max had something to do with this

“It's uhh nice to meet you sir” said Alex as he hid behind Isabel

“Max!” Isabel shouted and Max burst into the room then promptly burst out laughing “Don't laugh! Help me! Or I'll tell them what you were doing with Liz”

“You were doing stuff with Liz?” demanded Alex suddenly, Phillip and Alex marched towards Max intent on interrogating him

“Yeah that's what I'd like to know. This girl isn't one of those loose women”

“Hey! Liz is like a sister to me! Don't talk about her like that!” he protested then paused when she realised who he was talking to

“Who are you? Her pimp? Are you trying to recruit Isabel now?”

“Dad, Alex is our friend. He's a good guy, do you really think I'd let my sister date someone I didn't approve of?” Max pointed out and Phillip cringed

“You” he said pointed at Isabel “Are grounded. You too Max. Alex, go home”

“Yes sir” he said glancing briefly at Isabel, he knew he was pushing it but he kissed her goodbye before quickly leaving past a surprised Diane “Nice to meet you Mrs Evans” then he was gone.

“Jacob looked so much like you” whispered Maria, the two of them were sat on the steps to her house talking quietly

“But he has your eyes” Michael shot back “They're both beautiful and... Serina was... is so clever!”

“I know... I can't believe she came from me”

“I know what you mean” he nodded “Do you think we could... we could be together like that?”

“I don't see why not. I'd like that, to have that future... I don't mean the dying and Earth getting destroyed but having a family with you. That would be nice, you really loved us, you gave your life to protect us”

“Fat lot of good that did. You still got killed, I'm sorry I failed you Maria”

“Hey... shhh that's not happened yet and we're not going to let it happen. I'm sure, now that we know about what's to come, we can stop it or change it. When Tess comes to Roswell I'm going to lay a serious smack down on her ass” she said determined to do just that. Michael couldn't help but smile, he couldn't wait to see Maria kick Tess's ass for all she'd done “So... do you want to give it a go?”

“'Give it a go?' You mean... well yeah I'd like that. But I don't really have...”

“Don't finish that thought, SpaceBoy, you've got so much to offer me. You love me and you give me a family I love more than anything. You show me how wonderful life can be... that's all I need”

“No it's not. You need so much more than that, Maria, you deserve the world!”

“That's exactly what I'm going to get! You give me yours!” she said with a warm smile. She put her hand over his just as Amy got home from work.

“I love you” he whispered, he didn't choke or stumble over his words; he meant it

“I love you too” she answered before leaning in to kiss him

“What and what? What the what?” Amy cried interrupting their happy moment. Maria went bright red and Michael just smiled. This was going to be his mother in law one day, he had to make a good impression

“Hello Ms Deluca. I'm Michael Guerin, Maria's boyfriend”

“No you're not. Maria isn't old enough to have a boyfriend yet. Scram” she said firmly before turning to Maria “You. Inside. NOW!”

“With all due respect, Amy, I wasn't asking for permission. She's my girlfriend whether you like it or not” he couldn't help but feel smug despite how the woman before he was shooting daggers at him with her eyes. Amy took in the scruffy looking boy in front of her then grabbed him by the ear and led him down the path

“Beat it” she said before turning back and ushering Maria inside

“I'll call you!” she called despite the fact that her mom was ready to kill her.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 7 06/07/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Eight
Max sat alone in the dark with his knees wrapped up against his chest. It was cold, so much colder than he was ever aware of. He was shaking nervously and kept glancing round even though he couldn't see in the dark.

He'd been patched up as best as Kivar would allow and returned to his cell. He knew that Kivar was on the war path now that Liz was gone. He didn't know if she'd been successful or if she'd been killed in the process of returning. He just couldn't sense her and it was killing him inside, he felt like he was going crazy. His memories were all fuzzy and he felt two versions of events from after he healed Liz running through his mind

“L-Liz” he stuttered against the cold. His cell door opened and he was surprised to see Brody Davis standing there, no not Brody, Larek. What was he doing here? Were was Kivar

“Zan?” he called, he had no clue if Larek was real. He couldn't trust any of his senses anymore because when they had first been brought here Kivar had used all sorts of mind tricks on him to get him and Liz to reveal things

“It's not real. It's not real. Go away. You're not real” he declared

“Max... it's me Larek. I thought you were dead!” he came into the cell and looked for any binds that were trying Max down but found none “When the alliance here on Antar picked up the energy trail from the Palace we discovered that it could only be the Granolith. Only Royals can activate the Granolith so we knew it was either you or Liz”

“It's not you. Go away. Leave me alone to die”

“Max, it's me Larek... I was wrong about you making the same mistakes. History didn't repeat itself” he said quietly. Max's eyes flicked up and saw that it was Larek and not some trick “We stormed the Palace. Kivar locked himself up inside the throne room, there's been unrest for nine long years ever since Earth was destroyed”

“Get me out of here” Max begged like a desperate, frightened child

“Yeah. Come on” he carefully lifted Max up off the floor “Where's Liz? She was with you here, wasn't she?”

“Gone. We used the Granolith. She's gone and I don't know if I'll ever see her again” he said quietly as Larek helped him out of the cell.

He had to close his eyes tight when he stepped into the light, it had been so long since he'd felt sunlight on his face. It took a while for him to become used to it and when he did he saw so many people wanting to touch him or help him. The emotion flowing through them soothed his sole and he sank against Larek, almost falling to the ground. He'd not felt peace like this in such a long time.

“Liz, I'm coming home” he whispered as he closed his eyes.

“We need a King!” Kathana practically yelled “That... that in there is not our king!”

“He is the king. He's the only king we've got!” Larek roared back, slamming his hands down on the table “He's been held prisoner for nine almost ten years! He's allowed to be a little out of it!”

“He passed out in the middle of addressing the planet!”

“We'd just rescued him from the Dramaas Dungeons!” he pointed out “He has every right to pass out! He's been through a lot and we need to give him time to recover”

“We don't have time Larek! We need him now! Without a king to lead us the planet will fall into disarray!”

“That didn't bother you when Kivar ruled. He wasn't a king”

“That's not fair!”

“You backed him and look what happened. Disarray!” he spat

“Larek is right. This Max is the king whether we like it or not. He carries the seal” said Sero

“Finally! Someone who agrees with me!” Larek flopped down in his seat relieved that someone was seeing sense

“But...” Sero began “He is in no state to rule and from the looks of it he won't ever be in a state to rule. Kivar broke him... I've seen people come out of those Dungeons before but not like this, not ever like this. I don't know what he did but we can't rely on Max to rule. He doesn't have an heir and that Liz woman, carrying the Third Seal is missing possibly dead... there's no other we could go to. No one else to rule. What are we gonna do?”

“We go to the back ups. Find someone, anyone, who carries a strange of Royal Blood and stick them on the throne while Max is recovering” suggested Hanar

“Still I think that he'll never recover” Sero said just as the doors opened and in walked Max, he looked full of confidence despite being unconscious since the dreaded address of the planet four days ago. Sero looked at Max before looking around the room “I'd like Kivar to fall from the throne room window”

“What?” gasped Kathana

“It was a joke!” he said, Kathana quietly crept to the window and looked out to see if she could see if Kivar was falling or had fallen, she was a little upset that there was no sign of him.

“I want to know where the crystals are for me to use the Granolith” Max demanded

“What?” gasped Hanar “You can't leave! What are you going to do?”

“I need to go to Earth. Liz needs me”

“Max, we don't even know if Liz is alive”

“I know she's alive!” he replied “I need to go”

“You can't. We need someone to rule Antar”

“Please, I'll go and bring her back with me... I need her. Please”

“Max, it's no use. We can't let you go, we need you here to rule Antar. There's a lot of work needed to be done and you're the one to do it?”

“So I'm still a prisoner?”

“No. I don't consider King of the Whirlwind Galaxy a prisoner” mumbled Kathana, she ushered Max into the room so he could sit down. He still looked a little haggard and weathered from being released from the dungeons “Look, all these people here are counting on you. They need you to be King. I know this Liz girl is important to you but I promise that if you fulfil your duties as King we'll send a ship to Earth to bring her here”

“You'd do that”

“You can do that. You're King, I know as much as you want to go to her you can't but... you can send someone to get her and bring her here”

“Then I'll do that. Do it, send a ship to get her. Anyone tries to stop that ship or hurt her then kill them” he said firmly. She just nodded and left the room to get that set up.

“Okay... uhh first order of business. We still need to get Kivar out of the throne room”

“Kivar's still alive?” asked Max. He stood up sharply “That rapist monster is still alive?”

“Uh yeah. He is” replied Sero “He locked himself in the throne room. We haven't been able to get him out or negotiate with him. He's holding hostages”

“I'll kill him!” roared Max, Larek had to physically restrain him

“No Max! He must be tried by an Antarian court system”

“He raped my wife repeatedly, I felt it each and every time he did that. He knew I was going crazy because I couldn't do anything to stop him! He's going to pay! You hear that Kivar! You're going to pay! I'm coming for you now and there's no escape!” he roared, his shouts were heard all through out the palace

“Larek, let him go. We need to be rid of Kivar and Max has certainly earned the right to put him out of his misery” said Sero. Larek just let him go and Max rushed from the room intent on finding Kivar and making him pay.

“What's wrong with her? Call Kal! I don't care if he's busy call him and get him down here! NOW!” Nancy cried as she changed the cold wet clothe once more. Liz was burning up and she was becoming more and more hysterical because there was no way of knowing what was wrong. Jeff hurried from the room to call Langley.

Liz was breathing hard then suddenly her eyes opened wide before closing and she gasped in another breath. Nancy slid off the side of the bed and huddled in the corner as her daughter began to float four feet above her bed

She started to cry thinking that her daughter was dying and all she could do was watch. Was this her end?

“Liz” she sobbed. Then suddenly everything went quiet, Liz floated down to her bed and the room went strangely dark.

“Mom?” she looked around sitting up, she spotted her mom sitting on the floor in the corner near the door to her bathroom

“Liz?” she whispered “Are you okay?” it seemed like a stupid question but from what she'd just seen and how she was reacting she couldn't help but ask

“I'm fine. I was carrying too much energy, I was collecting it since I'd come through time. I needed to fix it so that's what I was doing. I'm sorry I scared you” she said quietly

“I called Kal! He's on his way... Liz” gasped Jeff as he burst into the room

“Dad. It's okay... I'm okay” she told him. He slowly sank down onto the floor, he'd thought the same as Nancy. He'd been powerless as he thought his daughter was dying in front of his eyes.

Liz slipped from the bed and sat next to her mom, the only light came from her bathroom and no one moved to change that “I was collecting energy from the Granolith, energy needed to sustain me. I became overwhelmed by it. All my systems were shutting down and I was reliving each memory over and over again... I needed to tap into the Granolith and make a connection with it. I needed to break the flow of energy it was sending me. I've done that and I'm okay now”

“But Liz... all your memories. We saw everything that happened to you... how can you be okay after that?” Jeff couldn't help but ask

“Because I have to be” she replied firmly

“But how?” Nancy continued to ask. Liz jumped up angrily away from her mother and began to pace the room

“Because I have to be!” she repeated much louder this time “You think I really want to think about what he did to me? About what I had to do? I don't want to remember what he did! Why are you making me?!”

“We're not Liz. We just want to look after our baby” Jeff told her quietly. Liz sighed brushing her hair back behind her ear

“I can't... I can't face this. You know everything now and you're going to remind me of it, aren't you? I can't be around you if you're going to do that to me”

“Forgetting everything isn't the way, Liz” urged her mother “You need to talk to someone! You need help!”

“Who is it that's going to listen to me? As soon as I mention aliens and different planets and the world ending they'd lock me up! If I hadn't shown you my memories and if you hadn't found my journal would you believe me?” both her parents fell into silence.

The apartment was completely quiet but Liz suddenly perked up, she looked around then quickly pulled her dad into her room

“What?” he mouthed, she just gestured for him to be quiet. She carefully crept out avoiding floorboards she knew that creaked, she came into the living room then stopped when she saw Langley standing there. She sighed in relief

“Kal!” she snapped “What are you doing here?”

“Your dad called me... said you weren't feeling too good” he replied sounding unconvinced that it was Liz standing in front of him

“Well I'm fine...”

“Prove it” he demanded with his hand on the ready to blast her

“I had two babies” she said quietly and he let his hand drop “Since you're here... there's another thing I want you to do for me, after making sure that Alex is safely away from Tess”

“Sure... what is it?” he looked put out, this new queen was going to run his raggered

“Go to New York and bring Zan and Ava here to Roswell”

“Why just them? What about the other two? Rath and Vilandra's copies?”

“They can't be trusted. She makes a deal with Nicholas and Kivar to return home and Rath kills Zan”

“Why do you want them to come here? You never met Zan”

“No, but I met Ava and she fought in the resistance. She's innocent in all this and I don't want her to go through what she did”

“Fine. You got it, your highness” he said derogatively. She just glared at him as he walked past her and left.

Liz sighed then walked back to her room were her parents were still sitting on the floor. Jeff had moved over to where Nancy was sat and was holding her in his arms

“It was just Kal. He's gone, it's okay” she explained, both of them let out a big sigh of relief “Mom, dad... I want to move out”

“What? No! You're only sixteen!” Nancy protested as she rose to her feet to argue with her little girl

“Mom, I'm forty three. I'm older than both of you, I know you don't like it but I need the space to come and go as I please”

“So you can fight Kivar?” asked Jeff “Okay”

“No! Jeff! Not okay! She's just a kid! I don't care if she thinks she's forty three! She's still our little girl!”

“Yes, she's our little girl and that's why we have to let her go. Do you really think we'd stop her if she wanted to leave? She has all this insight into things! She's asking us... asking for our permission. She wants our permission to do this... if she didn't have it that wouldn't stop her. She'd just go around us! This way we can still keep an eye on her, still be apart of her life! If we deny her this then we'll be cut from her life. Don't you understand?” he asked his wife and she just stared at him in disbelief

“Dad's right. I could just go to Phillip Evans and ask to be emancipated. I'd have Langley back me with enough money and I'd get a job else where. I need you to understand why I'm doing this, I want to protect you as well”

“God Liz! You shouldn't have to think about protecting us” Nancy cried as she moved to pull her daughter into her arms “You're just a kid. We should be protecting you”

“I can protect myself. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you; I don't want some alien to come and take you in an attempt to get to me or Max. Can I really be sure that wouldn't happen if I stayed here?”

“Please Liz... think about this”

“I have and I think it's the best thing for me to do. I need the space and I need a place where we can go to avoid attacks and train ourselves up. I also need to make people believe that we're distant that way if an alien does come then he or she would think it would be useless to use you against me”

“Are you sure about this?” asked Jeff and she nodded “Then we'll start looking tomorrow after you've gotten home from school”

“Thank you” she smiled

“I can't agree to this!” Nancy protested “This is all wrong!”

“Then I'll cut you out of my life. I don't need someone whose going to just stand in my way” she said coldly before leaving the room “I'm going to watch some TV”

“Well?” Amy demanded as she stood there with her arms crossed and her foot tapping on the linoleum floor

“Well what?” Maria replied as she sat at the table

“Well I want to know why you think you're old enough to have a boyfriend?” she shot back calmly, her words betraying her tone

“Mom... Michael...” she began but Amy cut her off

“I want to know everything” she snapped, her temper spiralling out of control “I want to know how long you've been seeing him. I want to know how far your relationship is with him, I want to know where he lives. Who his parents are, where he works... what school he goes to- if he even goes to school. I want to know his grades and I want to know who his friends are”

“Mom!” she protested but it fell on deaf ears “He's a good guy and I'm sixteen! I'm old enough to decide who I want to date”

“Yes! You are sixteen! And you're my daughter! I am not having you throw your life away. You're too young, that's the end of it”

“I love him mom and he loves me”

“You're too young to realise that he isn't interested in love! He just wants in your pants and I will do whatever I need to keep you from making that mistake”

“You're wrong about Michael, mom” she whispered quietly “He does love me, I'm the only girl he'll ever love. If things go bad I know that he'd give his life for me and our children”

“Children?” Amy blinked “You're pregnant? He got you pregnant?”

“No I'm not pregnant. Not year... it'll be a few years before that happens. You don't wont have to worry about me becoming a teen parent. I'll be at least twenty before I have my kids”

Amy shook her head before putting her hand to her forehead, sighing deeply. She sat down at the table

“I want you to stop seeing him-”

“No” Maria interrupted her “That's something that'll never happen. Mom, I really care about him and I'm asking you to respect that. I'm not going to do something stupid, besides we only became official about fifteen minutes ago. Please mom, let me date him, I'll tell you anything and everything about him. You can have him round to dinner and interrogate him all you want, just please... I'm begging you here. He means more to me than you'll ever know and I'm asking you, begging you to let him be in my life”

“He really means this much to you?”

“Yeah he does” she nodded, Amy sighed then laid both hands down on the table

“Okay. You can date him but you follow my rules. I want to meet him and get to know him, you can go out on dates but only on the weekend never on a school night. I want to meet his parents and I want to know his grades and his hours if he works”

“Done” Maria nodded and they both shook hands.

TBC...
Last edited by SpiderGirl on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Roswell Music Videos