The Power of Love - AUwA Teen to Mature M/L Chapter 5 (11/6/2020)

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

The Power of Love - AUwA Teen to Mature M/L Chapter 5 (11/6/2020)

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Author Note: This story is finished. I'm just polishing it up, so it will not interfere with my other stories.

Author: RoswellFan68
Title: The Power of Love
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, or any of the characters created for the series that debuted in 1999, and ended in 2002, or for the preceding book series. They belong to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, WB and later UPN etc. The song “The Power of Love” by Huey Lewis and the News is also used. This story is of my own creation, and new characters have been created at the discretion of the story.
Category: AUwA
Rating: Teen to Mature
Characters: M/L other couples but not the primary focus
Couples: M/L, M/M, I/A
Synopsis: A new time traveler has arrived in Roswell just before the shooting.

The power of love is a curious thing
Make a one man weep, make another man sing
Change a hawk to a little white dove
More than a feeling, that's the power of love

Tougher than diamonds, rich like cream
Stronger and harder than a bad girl's dream
Make a bad one good, mmh make a wrong right
Power of love will keep you home at night

Don't need money, don't take fame
Don't need no credit card to ride this train
It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes
But it might just save your life
That's the power of love
That's the power of love

Chapter 1
September 18, 1999

<back alley of the Crashdown>

He quickly verified the date. It was September 18, 1999. He put four letters into the mailbox near the front door. He took some time looking at the outside before entering the diner. In 21 years, it would be his 16th birthday.

Then he saw them. The reason for this mission. He had to be successful. Many lives depended on everything going as planned.

September 18, 1999 (Crashdown 30 minutes before the shooting)

He goes in a takes a seat in Liz’s section. She is prettier than he remembered. He watches her as she seems to glide around the cafe. Now she is at Max's and Michael's table.

He watches Liz shows the fake alien photo to the tourist. If she only knew.

“Welcome to the Crashdown. Hi, I'm Liz and I will be your server today. What can I get you today?”

“I would like a cherry coke, chicken asteroids and space fries. Can you bring me a new bottle of Tabasco?” he asked her.

“I will be right back with your drink,” Liz told him.

At the drink station Maria stops Liz. “Liz, I have to ask, what is your secret? Not only do you have Max Evans staring at you, but you have the new guy watching your every move.”

“Maria you are crazy. They are not staring at me. Besides I have Kyle and he is loyal and sweet.”

“Liz, you just described a poodle.”

“Maria, I have to get back to work.”

Liz returns with his drink.

“Thanks,” he told her.

“I have to ask you. You look so familiar. Have we met before?” Liz just had to ask.

“No but that sounds like a line a guy gives a girl. I'm new in town. My family is moving here. I think I have some relatives in the area,” was his response.

Meanwhile at Max and Michael's table. Max is studying the new guy. He was getting an alien vibe off the guy. He hadn't experienced it since he and Isabel were reunited with Michael. Some reason he felt he knew this guy. He sure is chatting a long time to Liz. He will have to keep an eye on him. Even if he can't tell her how I really feel, no one is permitted to hurt her.

The argument has started. He knows he needs to be ready to act. As the argument grows louder, he goes into action. He gets up like he is headed to the restroom in the back. Just as he nears Liz, he hears Maria scream.
Last edited by RoswellFan68 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Power of Love - AUwA Teen to Mature M/L Chapter 1

Post by keepsmiling7 »

What a bang up start......
Would this time traveler be a son??
Liz thinks he is familiar.....Max watches because he's getting an alien vibe.
Wow......really can't wait to find out more!
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Parker1947 »

Interesting. Saw the title, and thought I would check it out. Well done. Can't wait to read more...
Nz_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Nz_Roswell »

OMG who is he ?
Who got shot ?
Liz? Maria ?
WHO ????
:shock:
#NZ_ROSWELL
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Power of Love - AUwA Teen to Mature M/L Chapter 2 (5/25/2020)

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Chapter 2

The new guy tackles Liz to the ground just as the shot nears them. The two men flee the cafe. Max jumps up. “Maria call 911.”

“Max, we need to get out of here,” Michael pleads.

“You can go but I need to check on Liz.”

“You know that you are my wheels, Maxwell.”

“Are you okay, Liz?” the new guy asks her.

“I'm fine thanks to you. You are bleeding.”

“I'm fine. The bullet just grazed me.”

Max helps both the new guy and Liz off the floor. When he touches the new guy, he gets this sense that he knows him. He gets brief imagines of him as a child. “Liz, are you okay?”

“I'm fine thanks to you, I’m sorry I don’t know your name.”

“The name is Matt Conway.”

She gives Matt a hug. She has never felt so at home with anyone. Grandma Claudia has always talked about soul mates. It was never like this around Kyle that she knew. Did she just find her soul mate? It is obvious that he has feeling for me or he wouldn't have risked his life to save me.

Max can’t belief what he is witnessing. Liz is clinging to the new guy that saved her life. The guy that Max believes in an alien. “Liz, are you sure you are alright?”

“Really, I’m fine Max.”

“Liz that bullet would have hit you if you hadn't been tackled,” a panic Maria tells her. Seeing Max and Matt side by side Maria had to ask. “Who are you anyway, Max's cousin or long-lost brother?”

“Matthew Alexander Conway. My friends call me Matt. I'm new in town.”

Sheriff Valenti, Deputy Owen and an ambulance arrives.
“No one is leaving until I get statements from everyone. Is anyone injured?

“Matt may have been grazed by the bullet, but it doesn't look bad.”
“I had to push Liz to the floor. She should be checked out as well.”

“Very well. Let's get you both some medical attention.”

While Matt and Liz were checked by the paramedics the rest of the staff and customers gave their statements. Maria compared the two suspects to Beavis and Butthead. No one witnessed anything out of the ordinary other than Matt taking Liz to the ground.

Max continued to watch Liz's interactions with Matt. He continued to get this alien vibe off the guy. It was if he knew Liz would have been shot. Max knew that pact or no pact with Michael and Isabel he would have healed her. When he saw the sheriff dig the bullet out the wall, he knew that bullet would have hit Liz. He then observed the almost empty bottle of Tabasco sauce on Matt's table. Everything was adding up that this kid could be another like him.

“Michael, I have to ask you. When I helped Matt off the floor, I got the same sensation that I did when Izzy and I found you in school.”
“Do you think he could be related to us? He definitely could pass as your brother. I think we should find out more about him. He could have the answers we are looking for.”

Michael smirks. “He has one thing in common with you. He hasn't left Liz's side. Are you sure that is not the real reason you want to know more about this person?”

“Michael there is an empty bottle of Tabasco at the table. I noticed that Liz took him a full bottle. Okay, I'm a little jealous. Look at the way she is looking at him. I think we should tail him.”

“I think you are right.”

Mr. Parker races into the Crashdown.
“Liz! I got here as soon as I could. Are you alright? You didn't get hurt, did you?”

“Daddy I'm fine. I have Matt here to thank for that. He knocked me to the ground and out of the path of the bullet.”

“I don't think I can ever thank you enough for saving my baby girl. I'm Jeff Parker. I don't remember you ever coming around here before. You’re new in town.”

“The name is Matthew Alexander Conway. My friends call me Matt. I'm new in town.”

“Can I call your parents to pick you up?”

“My parents are in the process of transferring here for work. I came ahead of my parents. I didn't want to miss too much of the school year. My mother is really strict with my education. She has dreams of me going to Harvard. I'm over at the Tumbleweed Motel.”

“Nonsense, I will not hear of it. We have a guest room upstairs you can stay in. It is the least that I can do for someone that would risk their own life to save my one and only daughter.”
“It was nothing Mr. Parker. I was in the right place at the right time.”
“Thanks, I'm going to go back to the motel and pack my things. I should be back in a few hours.”

(At the exit)
“Hey, Sheriff can I talk to you for a few minutes.”

“That was very brave of you son. You're a true hero.”

“Please, I was in the right pIace at the right time. I didn't do anything that anyone else in my situation would have done. Do you think you can keep my name out of paper at least until I can talk to my parents? You know how mothers are. My mother would freak. She would worry that the shooters would come after me.”

“I don't believe would be a problem to keep you out of the limelight.

“Thanks Sheriff. See you around.”
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Matt was at the right place at the right time...
Mr. Parker was grateful, and offered him their guest room.
Max is getting alien vibes.....
Can't wait for more!
Nz_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Nz_Roswell »

Love the update, Matt = Mystery .
#NZ_ROSWELL
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Parker1947 »

Interesting story. I like the suspense.
jamesballe
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jamesballe »

Interesting story about love. By the way, I would like to add a couple words about platonic love.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Power of Love - AUwA Teen to Mature M/L Chapter 3 (6/21/2020)

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Chapter 3

Max and Michael watched Matt exit. They trail behind him to see what he is up to. The idea of this potential alien staying so close to Liz is driving Max crazy. He thought it was bad when she started dating Kyle. She never looked at Kyle the way she looks at Matt.

(Pay phone on Main Street)

Matt retrieved the number out of back pocket. He dialed the number and reached the person he was looking for. He was successful in achieving his goal.

Max and Michael had hung back but could not hear the conversion from their location.
The two continue to follow Matt to the drug store. They watched him get money from the Western Union desk.

They then follow him to the used car lot where he purchased a vehicle. He drives it out to the desert as works on the car with his powers. He is definitely an alien. The question that remains is if he is a friend with answers or a foe.

Matt makes his way to the mall to get some basics, jeans, t-shirts, underwear and personal care items.

They follow him back to the Crashdown.

<Crashdown>

Meanwhile Back at the Crashdown during Matt's errands Liz was trying to figure out her feelings for the new guy. Maria had stuck around to help Mr. Parker pickup the restaurant after the police left. Everyone was shaken up so Mr. Parker decided to close for the remainder of the day. Mrs. Parker fused over her daughter when Liz initially went upstairs. Maria followed later.

“How are you really doing Liz? That was very stressful. I think I'm going to run out of Cedar Oil.
“I really am fine. I'm thankful that Matt was there to push me down because I froze. It is making re-prioritize my life. I think you are right. I'm wasting my time with Kyle. I don't see myself ever married to him. We both want different things in life.”

“Finally! So, are you going to talk to Max?”

“Max, why would I talk to Max?”

“He was the second person there after the gun went off. He looked petrified that something happened to you.”

“This may sound crazy, but I think I want to get to know Matt.”

“The new guy who happens to look like Max's brother. You know nothing about the guy. Yes, he was willing to take a bullet for you, but love has to be based on more.”

“It is hard to explain but when I hugged him, I felt like I was home. I think I may have found my soul mate that Grandma Claudia is always talking about. I hope to get to know him better with him staying with us.”

“What!”

“Dad found out he was moving to town and staying at the Tumbleweed until his parents get to town. Dad was so grateful that I was okay he offered him the guest room.”

“Liz, promise me that you get to know the guy before you rush into anything. You just had a traumatic experience.”

“You know I will. But I’m still breaking up with Kyle.”

“On that I can agree. I better go. My shift was scheduled to end 30 minutes ago and I'm shocked that Mom hasn't been over here to make sure I'm okay.”

“See you at school tomorrow.”

Liz knew what she had to do. She had to break up with Kyle. Now she only had to work up her nerve to ask him to come over. Lucky for Liz, she didn't have to call Kyle to come over. Once his dad came home he decided to come over to the Crashdown to check on Liz. Liz thanked him for his concern and assured him she was okay. She then told him she had been doing a lot of thinking about them as a couple. She explained that she thought it was time they saw other people. That in the long run, they were different people with different goals. He asked if she was interested in someone else and then concluded that it was Max Evans. Her and Max had a lot in common. Both were taking similar college prep classes in the math and science. The breakup didn't go as well as Liz had hoped. She told Kyle she still wanted to be his friend. He rejected the idea. He was just getting ready to leave when Matt arrived back at the apartment.

Liz of course made the introductions. Kyle was struck by his similarity to Max Evans. Kyle left thinking to himself this must be the new guy.

Mr. and Mrs. Parker prepared dinner for the group. Jeff Parker surprised himself at how much he liked this young man. He secretly thought he would be the perfect guy for his Lizzie. During the dinner, Jeff and Nancy asked Matt many questions about himself and his family. His parents were Claudia and Philip Conway. His mother was a cancer researcher and his father pediatrician. They learned that his mother hoped he would go to Harvard one day. He hoped to follow in his parents’ footsteps. He did tell them he had an older sister named Serena that would be joining him any day now. After the dinner, the group watched a few older comedies that the Parkers had on VCR tape. It was agreed that Liz would go to school early to help get Matt enrolled.

When Matt retired to the guest room, he went to work creating his transcripts from an Albuquerque high school. He made sure his grades and class history would allow him to get into Liz and Max's classes. With his new cell phone number he made a return call to his friend.