Board policies, rules, Pruning Policy , AN's and guidelines

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Board policies, rules, Pruning Policy , AN's and guidelines

Post by Itzstacie »

Hi Everyone I am Itzstacie for those that dont know me, I am the Forum Leader for Altermate with Aliens. Which means I am the primary contact of this forum for moderator activities it (it doesn't mean you can't contact another mod, but I would like you to contact me first if there is a problem in this forum). If you need an extension on your fics or if you would like to have it pruned early then drop me a line on this thread. PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR STORY WHEN REQUESTING PRUNING.

Also there is no longer a need to put WA in your thread titles, all fics that are in this forum should only be Alternate Universe with Aliens so everyone should already know that your story has Aliens in it when reading.

Please take a moment a familar yourself with the new pruning policy.

If you have any questions about anything on this forum, please let me know.

Stacie

All of the Roswell Fanatics Board rules, policies and guidelines can be found in the Announcement Forum.

For your convenience, links to the three most important documents can be found below:

Pruning Policy / Dead & Buried.

Board Rules and Posting Guidelines.

Plagiarism Policy.

Please make sure read and understand each of the above documents. As always, you are welcome to go to any board mod or admin if you have questions.

The Roswell Fanatics Board Administration Team

The following rules and regulations have been added or updated:

Disruptive Behavior/Insubordination/Attacking/Flaming/Bashing

We realize that debate and discussion can sometimes become heated when strongly held opinions are involved, but when we feel that a user has crossed the boundaries of polite behavior they will be contacted by a Mod or an Admin and warned to tone it down. Lively discussion is welcome, attacks and open attempts to incite a fight are not. If the user chooses to ignore the “warning” and continues on the previous path then a second warning will be given and a strike will be issued against the user in question. The user will then be given an automatic forty-eight ( 48 ) hour suspension in which to cool down. If, after the user’s account is reactivated, the user still continues on the same path another warning and a second strike will be issued, followed by an automatic one (1) week suspension of the user's account. If, after the user's account has been reactivated a second time, the user still continues to be disruptive then a third strike will be issued and the user’s account will be permanently deleted and the user will be banned from the board.
  • Disruptive Behavior and/or Insubordination will NOT be tolerated.
  • Attacking and/or Ignoring the Administration Team which includes any and ALL Mods will NOT be tolerated.
  • Flaming and/or bashing of actors in feedback or any discussion thread will NOT be tolerated.

STRIKE SYSTEM
Any violations of regulations that require moderator intervention will count as a strike against the user. You will be told you are receiving a strike.
  • If a user gets three strikes for the same violation, their account will be suspended for 48 hours (2 days).
  • If after a user's account is reinstated, and they continue to violate that same regulation, they will be suspended for 168 hours (7 days) on their sixth strike.
  • If after a user's account is reinstated again, and they continue to violate that same regulation, they will be suspended for 336 hours (14 days) on their ninth strike.
  • Once a user receives ten strikes, their account will be cancelled. So please take note when you are notified of a violation. It is not a joking matter and can result in losing your account on the board.
Please make sure read and understand each of the above documents. As always, you are welcome to go to any board mod or admin if you have questions.
The Roswell Fanatics Board Administration Team
Last edited by Itzstacie on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

Author's when posting author notes on your stories, please update your title page to reflect it. When pruning and moving fics we go by the last date shown on your title. If you stick a authors note in there and don't update it makes it diffcult, not to mention a pain in the butt when we have bactrack and undo what we've done when we stumble across an authors note and the title is not updated.

Thank You
dreamer19

Re: Board policies, rules, Pruning Policy , AN's and guidelines

Post by dreamer19 »

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 35&t=20152

Can someone please delete this story? Thanks.
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

dreamer19 wrote:http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 35&t=20152

Can someone please delete this story? Thanks.
Done
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Mt Gazer »

My story Shifting Realities has hit 16 pages...

I've saved all Fb I need pruned. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3733

Pge 7-15 needs pruned. Chapter 27:R is the latest update.

I'm a little off on how i do those author headers, sorry, I usally post first and then adjust the header.. I know I need to reverse that at some point.

Thanks...

Velvet Skye/Mt Gazer Rhonda...

There is one A/N I would like to leave for a time more... My mother passed away in June and I wrote of that in an A/N here, June 7, 2010 ...

I left a red mods please don't delete note on it.

Thanks
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
"Too beautiful for earth."
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Board policies, rules, Pruning Policy , AN's and guideli

Post by Misha »

Of Journeys & Journals is ready to be pruned. Thank you!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 5&t=155345

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Misha wrote:Of Journeys & Journals is ready to be pruned. Thank you!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 5&t=155345

Misha
Done.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Hello
I was wondering if someone can please prune my story called The Key Chapter 1 to 35 for me? I would be really grateful if some one would please prune my story called The Key Chapter 1 to 35? Thank you so very much!!!!

L-J-L 76
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

L-J-L 76 wrote:Hello
I was wondering if someone can please prune my story called The Key Chapter 1 to 35 for me? I would be really grateful if some one would please prune my story called The Key Chapter 1 to 35? Thank you so very much!!!!

L-J-L 76
Done. Can you please start providing links to your stories? Thanks!
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Hello
I was wondering if someone can please prune my story called The Key Chapter 1 to 60 on page 15 for me? I would be really grateful if some one would please prune my story called The Key Chapter 1 to 60 on page 15? Thank you so very much!!!!

Here is the link to The Key
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 5&t=155385

L-J-L 76