What Happens in Vegas (AUwA M/L Adult - Chapter 26 1-23-2021

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: What Happens in Vegas (AUwA M/L Adult - Chapter 22 5-09-2020

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Authors Note: I have been working from home, scrapbooking, and trying to keep 17 year old boy fed. I haven't got to write as much as I was expecting in the beginning the quarantine.

On with the story.

Chapter 22
Sunday midday
<Crashdown Café – Roswell New Mexico>

Jeff Parker remained speechless. Nancy was the first to recover.

“Liz, did you say that Max is your husband? You never once mention a Max Evans in our calls. Last we knew you were still seeing Kyle when your schedules permitted. How did you meet?” Nancy asked her daughter.

“Mom, Kyle, Maria and Alex took me to Las Vegas to celebrate my birthday. I met Max there. It is hard to explain. We got married that night.”

“What, you just can’t marry a guy right after you meet them? Did he drug you or something? Did he force you into this? We can go down the street to the attorney and start the divorce papers now.” Jeff wanted to put an end to this so-called marriage.

“Dad, Max isn’t like that. He would never force me to do anything. He treats me like I’m his queen. I didn’t want to lose him. He asked me to marry him on Friday night and I said yes. We went to the Elvis Chapel and got married that evening. He is my husband in every way. I’m not divorcing him.”

“Mr. and Mrs. Parker, I do love your daughter. I know it was a whirlwind romance but I’m not giving Liz up. I’m moving to Cambridge so Liz can finish her degree.”

“Oh, that is so noble of you. Are you going to sponge off my daughter while she works and goes to school?” Jeff did like this guy who thought he knew his daughter so well.

“Dad, Max is a Stanford Law graduate. You know that I would have gone to Stanford if I wasn’t able to get into Harvard. He passed the Nevada bar exam. He had a job with the largest firm in Nevada lined up. He can get his license in Massachusetts and start practicing law there.”

“So, he just going to become an ambulance chasing lawyer.”

“Mr. Parker, I did most of summer intern work on contracts. I hope to pursue patient law. Being in the Boston area, so close to MIT and Harvard could be great for my career.”

“How are you two going to support yourself while you get your license in Massachusetts? Liz does have a roommate. Where are you going to live? Liz and her roommate, Eileen, have already had disagreements about Eileen’s boyfriend staying over.”

“Mrs. Parker, I’m adopted but still had some contact with my birth family. My uncle is a Hollywood producer, so he established a trust fund for my twin sister and me. I now have control of the trust fund. I will be getting us a townhouse or condo. It is a college area so I will be able to resell when we leave Cambridge. Who knows, we made be in Cambridge for a few more years if Liz gets her doctorate or medical degree there.”

“How old are you? If you already have a law degree you must be much older than Liz.” Jeff was still suspicion of this man trying to take his daughter.

“I’m twenty-five. I completed my undergraduate degree in four years which I also earned at Stanford. Four years in not that much of an age difference since Liz has had an opportunity to live on her own while in college. She is very mature for her age.”

“Mature, a mature young woman doesn’t marry a guy hours after meeting him. You are acting like a love-sick teenaged sixteen-year-old girl not a college woman.” Jeff couldn’t belief that either Max or Liz were mature by marrying on the day they met.

“Mom and Dad. I have always followed all your rules. I worked hard to graduate valedictorian of my class. I did that while working in the restaurant through high school. I didn’t hop in bed with Kyle to find out what sex was all about like many of my classmates. I respected your wishes about alcohol while in high school and college. I don’t know why you are suddenly treating me like I made the biggest mistake of my life. I fell in love and married the man of my dreams. He is college educated and supports my desire to finish my education.”

“Liz dear, you are young. Your taste in men could change. The only guy you have really dated was Kyle. How well could you really know Max? The infatuation could wear off for him in a few months or a few years from now. Then you would already have the baggage of a failed marriage.” Nancy tried to reason with her daughter.

“Mrs. Parker, I can understand your concern for your daughter. I didn’t rush into this marriage. I dated a number of different girls in high school and women in college. None of them can compare to Liz. I knew I had found the one I had been looking for my entire life.”

“How many of these girls and women ended up sharing your bed?”

“Dad, I can’t believe you asked Max that question!”

“Mr. Parker, my parents raised me with similar values that you have raised Liz. None of these girls and women ended up in my bed. I wasn’t going hop in bed with just anyone. I wanted to wait for my wife.”

“I can tell you are an attorney. You are smooth with your words. I don’t believe a guy that looks like you was able to resist all the women that threw themselves at you.” Jeff didn’t believe for one moment that Liz was the only woman Max ever took to his bed.

“Dad, that is enough. I’m not going to stay here and let you talk about Max like this. We are flying back to Cambridge first thing in the morning. I still have my cell phone. I will let you know when we get settled into our new place.”

“Mr. Parker, I know you don’t know me that well, but I hope we can change that over time. I don’t want Liz to lose her family because of me.”

With that Liz and Max exited the booth and the Crashdown. They headed to Max’s rental car. Jeff and Nancy were left speechless for a few moments.

“I can’t believe that we lost our baby so easily. Do you think she is going to hate us forever?”

“I don’t know, Nancy. I just don’t trust him. He seems too good to be true. I thought I would have more time to prepare for losing my little girl to a man.”
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

The Parkers let Max and Liz have it with both barrels.
Ambulance chasing lawyer, smooth talking.....
The trust fund didn't even slow them down.
So, poor Liz and Max just left.
Can't wait to see what happens next.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Great part! I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Jlwharton
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jlwharton »

Man, what is with these parents! Max and Liz are both amazing people and very responsible. Although I can understand them wanting to ask questions to get to know their child's new spouse and being hurt at not being able to attend their wedding, I can't believe how rude and untactful these folks are being. How did their kids turn out so good?! So what happens next Max?? :D
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

That meeting was worst than I thought :(

However it was right for Mr & Mrs Parker to be suspicious about Max. I just hope Liz doesn’t have second thought afterwards. Where is grandma Claudia when you need her most??

Please come back with more!! :mrgreen:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: What Happens in Vegas (AUwA M/L Adult - Chapter 23 5-25-2020

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Chapter 23
Note: Some lines from "Balance" were used.

<Sunday Midday – Roswell New Mexico>

“How are you doing, Liz? I know your parents weren’t that happy with you and especially me.”

“Well that went as I expected. My dad, he thought you raped me or I’m just another notch in your bed post. I think what hurt the most was that my parents have a low opinion of the choice I made. They have always been pleased with my choices in the past.”

“I think we just need to give both our parents a break. This unusual for both of us. I think once they see we are committed to making this work they will support our relationship.”

“I think you are right. We can’t close the lines of communication. We have to keep them in the loop even if they don’t support our relationship.”

“So, we should find some lunch. Maybe you can give me the grand tour of Roswell after we have lunch.”

“Let’s head over to the taco stand on the other side of town.”

<Valenti house>

Jim and Amy were thrilled by the surprise visit of their kids. Maria gave them the news of Liz’s marriage and a little about Max. Kyle sulked during Maria’s very rapid description of their few days in Vegas and their private flight to Roswell. Ryan had already got his big brother to go out play catch with him. Amy showed Maria all the stuff she had already collected for the new baby due in two months.

“Ryan, it’s time to come and eat lunch,” Amy called from the back door.

“Amy, I thought I would take Ryan down to the Crashdown for a Blood of Alien Smoothie after lunch,” Kyle informed his stepmom and family.

“Kyle, I don’t think you should. You just want to spy on Liz and find out how her marriage announcement went over with the Parkers. You are as nosy as any girl I know. Have you thought what Mr. Parker’s reaction would be if he found out that you left Liz alone so she could meet Max? If you hadn’t deserted Liz, she never would have met Max. I think she always meant to meet Max and fall in love.”

“Maria, will you get off my case about Max. They way you talk about him, you would think you were the one that married him.”

“Does this mean I don’t get my Blood of Alien smoothie”, Ryan asked his siblings.

“Your big sis, will go with you two and make sure your big brother behaves himself.”

<Crashdown Café>
Sunday Afternoon

John Taylor had taken the first flight he could get with a connection to Roswell, New Mexico. He estimated he would not be able to go to Cambridge until Wednesday since several of the places he needed to visit would be closed for the Labor Day Holiday on Monday. He started with a basic internet search on variations of the name Elizabeth Parker and Roswell. He also did a search for her parents, Jeff and Nancy Parker. He found an article about a car accident that involved Jeff Parker. He found their marriage announcement for the parents and a birth announcement for Elizabeth. He would go to the local library once it opened in hopes he could find a photo of his target. He decided to opt for lunch at her parents’ restaurant. He already found one news article that detailed a shooting incident at the restaurant in which the daughter was injured in 1999. He would watch the activities of the busy restaurant and try to observe the parents.

Kyle, Maria and Ryan enter the café and took Maria’s normal booth. Ryan prefer the seats at the counter where he could spin around on the bar stool, but Maria always liked a booth. Mr. Parker noticed the new arrivals and thought he might be able to get some insight into Liz’s behavior.

“Kyle, what the hell were you thinking in taking my daughter to Vegas for her birthday?”

“Mr. Parker, it was Kyle’s idea, but Alex and I went along with it as well. The previous year we took a train to New York City. Grandma Claudia thought it was a great idea. Liz spends so much time focused on her schoolwork sometimes she just needs to live a little.”

“I can’t believe my mother went behind my back. She has always in some ways had a closer relationship to Liz than her own parents.”

“Mr. Parker, Grandma Claudia is close to all of us as well. She was my sounding board when my father left. I could tell her things I didn’t want to burden my mother with.”

“I’m sorry Mr. Parker. I do blame myself for want happened to Liz. I shouldn’t have left her alone.”

“Kyle, you are acting like it was a bad thing. Liz is so happy right now. I know you still love her, but she has never made you believe that you would have a future together. Mr. Parker, I know that it is hard to believe, but I think Max is good for Liz. I got to see them together. He worships the ground she walks on. He only has eyes for her. When we were at dinner the other night, the waitress was trying to get him to notice her, but Max didn’t even realize she was making a play for him. Please, give them a chance.”

“I will think about it, Maria. What can I get you three?”

“A blood of alien smoothie for me please”, was Ryan’s request.

“A slice of men in blackberry pie for me and diet coke”, was Maria’s choice.

“A slice of alien green lime pie for me and a coke”, a brooding Kyle requested.

John Taylor listen to the conversion. He made notes. Obviously, these were friends of Elizabeth Parker. The guy seemed to be a jealous ex-boyfriend. That could be important information. It seemed that Elizabeth's parents were as pleased with the marriage has his client.

<Desert Outside of Roswell>

After a quick lunch at the taco stand, Max asked for the grand tour of Roswell. Liz gave him directions as they passed by her former schools. She showed him to the small mall in the next town. She wanted him to see her favorite spot in the desert. Many of the kids from high school would come out to drink and party in the spot. Jeff Parker made sure that Liz knew how to drive a stick shift before she went on her first date with Kyle. He also made Kyle promise if he had anything to drink that he would give the keys to Liz and let her drive them home. Liz had loved just to come out to the spot to watch the sunset.

As they got near the Rocks, Max felt like the place was familiar to him. He continued to drive under Liz’s direction to the place.

“This is the spot, Max. Mom and Dad would take me out here to watch the sunset when I was little. I showed the spot to Kyle and he decided it was the perfect party spot in high school.”

“This is beautiful, Liz. The rocks are amazing. I’m sure this place is breathtaking at sunset. Next time we come back to Roswell we will have to plan a sunset trip. I can understand why you love it so much. My original home was somewhere out here in this desert, probably close by since this place feels familiar. Our pods were hidden after the crash for many years before they were moved to Las Vegas when it was closer to our time to leave the pods.”

“It’s amazes me to think I’m very fortunate they hid you before the government could find you.”

Max and Liz left the desert and check into their hotel. Langley had booked the honeymoon suite. Both opted for a quick shower, separately, before heading to Senior Chows for dinner. The evening was very much like a first date. It was one of first meals that shared just the two of them. They were able to enjoy the time together. While they waited on their food, Liz convinced Max they needed to play pool. She didn’t tell him that Alex had a pool table in his rec room. It really wasn’t any contest. After their meal they received their fortune cookies.

“Mine says this is the best night of your life,” Liz said with a sparkle in her eyes. She would not tell what Maria always added to the end of any fortune.

“Is that really what it says?”

“Yes. What does yours say?”

“Ask a girl to dance with you.”

“Is that really what it says?”

“It depends on your answer."

“Yes, I would love to dance with you again, Max”

Max led Liz to the small dance floor in the corner of the restaurant. Heaven by Bryan Adams was playing.

Oh once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feelin' down
Yeah nothin' could change what you mean to me
Oh there's lots that I could say
But just hold me now
'Cause our love will light the way
And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven
Yeah and love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven, yeah

Max leans and kisses Liz. The kiss was different this time. She could feel his emotions in the kiss. She felt more connected to him as well. They continued to kiss on the dance floor.

I've been waitin' for so long
For somethin' to arrive
For love to come along
Now our dreams are comin' true
Through the good times and the bad
Yeah I'll be standin' there by you
And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven, heaven, oooh
You're all that I want
You're all that I need

“It felt different this time, Max. I could feel your emotions, but it felt like there were other emotions I was feeling.”

“I felt the other presences as well. I think you might be pregnant.”
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Max and Liz have now had the first meeting with both parents. Guess they're lucky to be alive.
So John Taylor is visiting the library and Crashdown, taking notes.
Liz took Max on a Roswell tour and ended up in the dessert.
Max found the area to be very familiar......
Is Liz already pg??
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: What Happens in Vegas (AUwA M/L Adult - Chapter 24 6-10-2020

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Chapter 24

“A baby?”

“Let’s get back to the hotel so we can talk in private.”

It was a short trip back to the hotel. Both remained silent. Max cursed himself for not thinking about protection. He hated that he had put Liz in this position. Would she still want to work on the relationship? Did she want to be a mother before she completed her college degree? Max couldn’t lie to himself. He wanted this baby. The dream from last night was magical.

Liz didn’t know what to think. She cursed herself for not thinking about protection. She had no reason to be on birth control. She had tried when she first went to college. Her cycle was irregular, and she thought it would make college life easier. Unfortunately, she had bad migraines on the pill, so she decided it wasn’t worth it. A part of her was scared about having a baby so early in the relationship. Another part was thrilled about the pregnancy. Her mother had struggled for years with infertility before her pregnancy with Liz. After Liz, her mother had a miscarriage. Her parents did not try to have any additional children. She questioned whether Max was ready to be a father so soon. She thought about last night’s dream. They were so happy together as a family. Liz was still deep in her thoughts when they arrived back at the hotel.

Max opened his car door and went to Liz’s side to get her out of the car.

“Liz, honey, we are back at the hotel.”

“Sorry, I was just thinking.”

“Come on, let’s get to our room so we can talk.”

The pair remained silent on their trip through the lobby and elevator to the hotel room.

“Liz, I think before we really talk about this I should check to see if you are really pregnant.”

“Okay, so you can do that.”

“It’s part of my healing ability. I must know a person’s medical condition before I can help them. Just lay back on the bed and I will scan you.”

Liz complied with Max’s request.

“I’m going to form a connection. It will be a little deeper than the one we currently have. Don’t think about anything else and look into my eyes.”

The connection was almost immediately formed, and Max confirmed the pregnancy. He was overwhelmed by the emotions he was feeling for Liz and their child. He knew needed to break the connection so they could talk.

“Liz, this is not your fault. I was the one that pushed you into marrying me that evening. I should have been the one to take the responsibility for our birth control. You didn’t lie to me or trick me into this pregnancy.”

“Max, is it okay for me to have our child?”

“You don’t need to worry about that. Serena, she is one of our protectors, told us it would be possible for us to have children with humans since we are basically human. You can tell what you really feel about this. I want to know.”

“I will admit it is a little overwhelming. I just turned 21. We married and now we are having a baby. I didn’t know if I would ever have a child of my own. My mother had many difficulties trying to have a family. She suffered miscarriage after my birth. That is why I didn’t have any siblings. She had a hard time getting pregnant and trouble carrying a baby to term. I know it is crazy, but I want this baby Max. I had a dream last night. We were together with our baby. We were so happy. I want that Max.”

“I want the same thing. I want us to build a live together with our baby. I had the same dream last night. I know it is soon, but we can continue to keep going slow in our relationship. You realize it will have to be our secret for a while because humans don't usually know they are pregnant this soon. I will get Serena to come to Boston to talk to us. She will be able to answer most of our questions. She is our science expert.”

“I would like that. I do have a few questions. Maybe she can come toward the end of the week. Hopefully by then we will find a place to live.”

“I glad we found out before I started looking. Now I need to find us a three-bedroom place. We going to need a guest room and a nursery.”
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Great parts! I’m really enjoying this, I can’t wait to see what happens next!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Seems like they both want this baby even though it wasn't a planned event.
I have faith that Max and Liz will be able to manage school, the baby and anything else that comes their way.
Looking forward to Serena's visit.