Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult)Epilogue 7/14/19 Complete

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 10 4/17/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

So Princess Isabel is interested in Alex. Now Max and Liz need to spend more time together before their bonding.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 10 4/17/19

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn It is nice that Ginta can interpert feelings of others. I think my muse can arrange some time for Max and Liz can spend together.

RoswellFan68 Yes Princess Isabel is interested in Alex. As for Max and Liz spending time together before their bonding. That just may be in the works.

Part 11

Kyle tried to sleep on the hard mat on the floor of a large room that held at least two dozen other men. He had to admit that he had slept in worse places. The one good thing was that Antar seemed to have a much more pleasant environment then Earth did. The red sun and three moons would take some getting use to. He and fifty other men had been sold as soon as they left the ship for physical labor to what he had learned the Royal Palace. They would begin working in the morning expending the gardens. They were going to be introducing plants they had saved from Earth. He got up unable to sleep and headed outside the bunk house. He could see guards walking the grounds. Then he noticed the bronze skinned woman from the ship that had been subjected to all the cat calls. He walked over to her where she was sitting on a bench staring up at the stars.

“I had forgotten how many stars were in the night sky.” Said Kyle
“It is a lovely night. I could see more stars then this back on my home planet in my village.”
“I didn't think you are Antarian. The ones I have met don't have bronze skin.”
“I am from a planet named Te'Jog, my race the Paylor is much like your Native Americans once were. We lived in harmony with our environment. The Jog'tee are considered to be the dominant race. Antar conquered us 200 years ago. The Paylor are considered to be second class citizens.”
“Wow. Uh I'm Kyle by the way.”
“Serena, I want to thank you and your friend for not joining into the cured comments the majority of the men were making about me.”
“I would never do something like that. You are a beautiful woman. Maybe the most beautiful one I have seen. Besides I believe that karma has a way of coming back to get you if you do wrong.”
“I guess I would be a victim of this karma you speak of then. I broke a law and ended up being placed in slavery and been punished because I wouldn't hold my tongue.”
“Maybe, but you must have done some good because you may be a slave but you are in the care of the Royal family.”
“That maybe true.”
“So tell me what are your duties Serena?”
“I am owned by the Crowned Prince. He has tasked me to be the companion to his soon to be wife. She is a human who entered into a contract to be a mail order bride to use a term you would understand.”
“Why would she do that?”
“I asked her. She has nothing to keep her on Earth. Her parents were part of the collateral damage by the nuclear weapons that destroyed your planet. They were trapped in one of the fall out zones. From what I learned it took them a year to die, from radiation poisoning.”
“Slow and painful from what I understand.”
“Yeah. So did you leave any family behind when you were taken?”
“It was just me and my dad. Though I hadn't seen him in a few years. I was drafted into the military. I lived in a country that had ended the draft for a while. But when the war started they started it up again. I had to join the military. That was eight years ago.”
“Kyle how old are you?”
“25. You?”
“23. The Crowned Prince will be 21 in about a month and a half. He will marry two weeks after his birthday.”
“How old is the woman he will marry?”
“Almost 20. She was thirteen when the nuclear weapons went off.”
“That is young to lose those you love.”
“Yeah. She seems to be dealing ok.”
“Well it has been a long time.”
“True. I really should get to bed. So should you. You will be worked hard until they find out what kind of worker you are.”
“Goodnight Serena.”
“Goodnight Kyle.”

Serena walked off and Kyle headed back inside his bunk house. He laid on his mat and closed his eyes.

Queen Diane smiled as she headed in from her balcony. Things were going by the plans of the Granalith so far. Serena and the human Kyle would be come lovers in the near future. Her son was going to do so much once he is given the chance to heal the wrongs of the past. She heard her husband come up behind her.

“Come to bed woman.”
“Just a few minutes Philip.”
“Don't be long.”

Diane closed her eyes before heading to bed with her husband, and King. Her marriage had been a political thing. She hadn't even met Philip until the day of their bonding. Her mother said she would grow to care for her husband. Unfortunately her mother had been wrong. Philip was cold and unfeeling. Bonding in their culture were to the death. So until her husband died she was trapped being his bonded mate.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 11 4/19/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Poor Diane, stuck in a loveless marriage. Looks like she had more of an influence on her children that her husband.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

The future looks interesting for Kyle and the bronze woman.......
He has lots of hard landscaping work ahead of him, especially trying to save some of Earth's plants.
Sorry to hear that Phillip and Diane had a political marriage........hope Max and Liz won't have the same.
Looking forward to more Max and Liz time getting to know each other.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

RoswellFan68 Unfortunately Diane is trapped in a loveless marriage. It does seem that she had more of an influence on her kids then her husband.

Carolyn Things might get interesting for Kyle and the bronze woman. He will have a lot of hard work ahead of him. But he won't be doing it alone. Diane and Philip do have a political marriage. As for Max and Liz, things might be a whole lot better for them.

Part 12

Liz woke to the sun shining in her window. She climbed out of bed and walked over to open the curtains that is when she discovered that what she thought was a large window was actually doors that led to a balcony that over looked the garden. She turned when the door opened and Serena entered with another woman carrying a covered tray. Serena had the woman place the tray down and sent her away.

“Did you sleep well Liz?” asked Serena once the door was closed.
“Yeah.”
“Max picked this room for you. He thought you might like the view of the garden. Or maybe watching the stars at night.”
“I didn't know there was a balcony until just now.”
“That was my fault. I should have done a better job of showing you the room last night.”
“Don't worry about it.”
“After you have breakfast and dress the Queen will meet you in the library to further your training.”
“Uh ok.”
“Don't worry the Queen is nice.”
“Serena are you being truthful? Or are you saying this because you are trying to stay out of trouble for expressing your opinion.”
“I am telling the truth.”
“I want to believe you.”
“But since I have expressed my dislike of most Antarians you are having trouble with it.”
“Yeah.”
“I admit not all Antarians are bad.”
“But you still don't like them.”
“I don't like them. Liz, my people have been treated poorly. I can't go to the University because I look different then you. In case you haven't noticed Antarians and humans look a lot a like.”
“Serena, you have to believe that things will get better for you. You did tell me that Max is going to let you choose your own lover.”
“Yeah. I met someone last night that I think I might like. He was brought here from Earth on the same ship as you as a slave. He is with the group that will expand the garden to include plants saved from Earth.”
“So you talked to him?”
“Yeah.”
“Serena, I want you to know that you can confide in me. I will not tell anyone anything you don't want me too.”
“Liz, I want to trust you. But I can't. I don't know you. I don't have powers like the Antarians. When you go through the bonding to Max, that part of your brain will be opened and you will develop powers.”
“I am going to get powers?”
“Yes. Humans and Antarians are as close generically speaking as they can be having evolved over 50 light years apart.”
“What about your people? Are they like humans and antarians?”
“Yes. I mean the skin color is different and the fact that Paylors unless they mix with other races can only have blue or green eyes. Brown eyes like you have don't exist in my races genetics normally.”
“You seem to know a lot about genetics.”
“If I had been able to go to a university I would have studied genetics. I love science. Which my father couldn't understand. He was a firm believer in the old ways of our people. Live off the land. But he also love his vidphone.”
“Vidphone?”
“Sort of like the cellular phones used all the time before the last war you had. Only instead of only talking to a person you video chat with them. There is no audio only feature. Or access to what you called the internet. The empire has something a little like the internet, but it is private and only the noble class has access to it. Max has let me on a few times. In fact on the ship he used it to send me what I needed to give you to read.”

Liz nodded. While everything was different, it wasn't that different from what she remembered from her childhood.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 12 4/22/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

The new technology is interesting.......
It's too soon for Serena to trust Liz, and I understand.......but I hope in time they can become good friends.
The Prince picked out a special room for Liz.....I love how considerate he is.
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Looking forward to Liz meeting the queen.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Carolyn Yes Prince Max picked out a special room for Liz.

RoswellFan68 Here comes the meeting.

Part 13

Liz walked into the large palace library. She had never seen anything like it in her life. While she had visited libraries as a child with her parents before the bombs they looked nothing like this one. She walked over to a shelf and could see books written in languages she had never seen before.

“There are books in every language spoken in the empire. If you look on the second level on the east wall you will find books from Earth.” Came a gentle female voice.

Liz turned to find the Queen had entered. She started to drop her head but was stopped.

“Elizabeth, I don't stand for ceremony like that from family unless we are at court or in a formal situation. In private you are to treat me no different then you treated your mother.”
“If that is what you want. Would you mind calling me Liz?”
“Of course. My name is Diane. Liz, from what I heard from Serena, you are grasping everything really well.”
“I do understand what she has told me, and most of what I read. But I don't like some of it.”
“Too be honest neither do I. Max, wants to make changes. But when he becomes King and you his Queen it can't be rushed. Some of these things have been in place for hundreds of years.”
“I understand that. But it isn't right that Serena couldn't go to the University just because of her race.”
“I couldn't have agreed with you more.”

Michael sat down across from Maria at the café.

“Michael, what brings you here this time of day?” asked Maria
“I wanted to see you.”
“While that is nice. Don't you have responsibilities to the Royals?”
“I get time off.”
“I know. It's just that I thought that the prince's bride to be arrived yesterday.”
“She did. She is spending time with the Queen today. Besides I am not on her detail.”
“She better have a good detail. You know Kivar isn't going to like that Max is going to bond with a human.”
“You know about Kivar and his opinions on that?”
“Michael, just because I don't hang around the noble class doesn't mean I don't hear things. Beside his daughter Tess doesn't know how to shut up. She is like obsessed with the prince.”
“Max would never give her the time of day. He likes ladies that can think for themselves and Tess only goes with the popular opinion on things. From what I have found out about this young lady that Max has chosen is she is not afraid to express her opinion.”
“That is good. I might have to meet this future Queen.”

Michael smile the whole time thinking that might not be such a good idea. In the time he had spent with Maria, he had learned that the small pixie of a woman was a strong independent woman.

Kivar smiled as the young girl cried out in pain as she was whipped. She had tried to runaway. She was new but will learn her place fast. They always did. It was at times like this he regretted sending that Paylor Tasha to his pleasure house. But it had come time after two years for her earn her up keep. The reports he got from his manger were that she was the most popular of his whores. That she had the best skills of any of the others. In time maybe this human would gain those skills. If not he would put her to death, especially if she kept being a problem. His head of slaves gave one last hard lash to the girl making in 40 lashes. Kivar then headed to his bedroom for the night.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 13 4/24/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

The Queen had a good first casual meeting with Liz. I think they will probably get along just fine.
Who knows about the King??
Kivar will be a pain it appears.......
Michael and Maria seem to be hitting it off.
I'm still anxious for the Prince and Liz to have more time together.
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 13 4/24/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:The Queen had a good first casual meeting with Liz. I think they will probably get along just fine.
Who knows about the King??
Kivar will be a pain it appears.......
Michael and Maria seem to be hitting it off.
I'm still anxious for the Prince and Liz to have more time together.
Thanks
I agree completely. Kivar is always a pain.