Unbreakable - Surviving the Truth (AU M/L ADULT) Ch. 15 05/28/20 p. 14

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Bringing you some information/news...

Post by max and liz believer »

Hello my dear readers <3

I see that not much has changed/been updated on the AU-board since I left my last message… Are people not here that much any longer…? Or is it just us writers being MIA?

Anyway…

First off, I would like to thank SmileeUk, Natalie36 and Alien_Friend (I'll respond to your feedback in the next chapter post) for leaving me a post and letting me know that you're still here. I really appreciate it!!!

Secondly, I have decided to let you in on something personal. I have struggled with the choice of doing so or not, but after my "writer's block" lasting for more days than I wanted, I feel like I should really let you in on what's going on behind the scenes.

Here goes;

Around the time I was writing about Liz's miscarriage, I myself found out that I was pregnant with my first child. After struggling with Lyme Disease for several years (actually, without knowing I had it) I finally got a diagnosis and was treated. I'm pretty certain that the Lyme Disease was a big cause of infertility for me, since my body in general was functioning very poorly. Hence, it's no brainer that my body wouldn't be that into creating a child when it could barely meet its own requirements. My fiancé and I had tried to become pregnant for 11 months without any success. For 10.5 months of that time, I was riddled with borrelia (Lyme disease). As soon as the borrelia was gone, I got pregnant.

I was ecstatic. But nervous and scared. As any first-time mom would be, I guess.

Unfortunately, I would miscarry that child. My theory is that I got pregnant too soon after the borrelia had been cleared. My body had not gotten enough time to recuperate from having that disease for approximately 4 years. And it was kinda eery how what I had written in this fic earlier echoed into my own real life. How I found myself in a bathroom with blood running down my legs, searching through placenta and tissue in the sink just to see if I could find the fetus. (I was only 9 weeks along) How I sat in the shower pushing to get blood and pieces of placenta out. I didn't have a Max to check on me medically, but I had my own love of my life doing everything he possibly could for me. He was my hero those two days during which the miscarraige lasted. Eventually, I ended up in the emergency and was given morphine and got to stay the night.

I didn't write much after that. I was destroyed. I didn't feel like I had the right to be sad, since it was barely a human being yet. So how could it be missed? But I felt like a failure and desperately tried to find reasons to Why and if it was my fault.

The doctor told us to wait one cycle before we tried again and we obeyed. The first cycle we were allowed to try again, I got pregnant again. I really didn't expect that to happen so soon, but on the other hand I felt stronger than I had in the previous pregnancy.

I'm 7 weeks now and I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed that this pregnancy will pull through. It's a constant check of my panties when I go to the bathroom to see if there is any blood/spotting. Because that's what started the miscarriage off the last time.

But the nausea is worse this time around. Which I've been told is a good sign. However, it means that I'm having troubles doing literally anything. I can't get my mind around how I should get through every day at work, but somehow - up until now, at least - I've managed.

Which brings me to the reason why this fic is not being updated at the moment. The Nausea. I can't think, can't eat, can't sleep, can't function with it. Making it really difficult to write. But if there's a baby on the way, I'm even more eager to get this fic written and done, because I have a feeling I might not have that much time to write after the baby arrives. So I'm struggling a bit now, but I'm hoping that it'll get better and that the nausea will ease off some. And once it does, I'll be back at writing.

Thank you all for being here, waiting. I hate being away from this place :(

Love,
Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable - Surviving the Truth (AU M/L ADULT) A/N 10/8/17 p. 9

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Thanks for taking the time to share your personal experience. I will pray for you to have healthy pregnancy with a bouncing baby in due time. We have missed your updates, and the stories from the other wonderful authors. It makes me sad to see the interest in this board vanishing..........these Roswell fanatics have been such a source of pleasure for me.

Once again we will looking forward to the finish of this story when you feel more like it. I will never forget how you wrote Liz's miscarriage, now we better understand your pain and loss.
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

I'm so sorry you went though all of that with the first pregnancy. And I'm sorry you lost the baby. I'm glad your husband is there for you when you need him. Congratulations on being pregnant. I hope your pregnancy goes smooth for you. And I hope your morning sickness past soon. Again congratulations on the baby.

L-J-L 76
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

So sorry for your loss and will pray for you for this journey. Please take care of yourself and write when you feel better. Keep us posted on your progress. We are all cheering you on.
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Thanks for sharing this personal experience which a few of us had experienced including myself.
Relax & Take Good Care of yourself!! You are in my prayers. Writing can wait & we are thinking of you always!
Lots of Hugs & Kisses.
(Sorry for not posting as RL has been busy....)
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Bouncing baby...

Hi everyone!

Finally an update :wink: Baby is doing fine. I went to a first ultrasound last week and baby was bouncing around, making it difficult for the sonographer to take the measurements she needed :wink: , which I guess is frustrating for the sonographer but a good sign for us :mrgreen:

In that context, these past two days my nausea has started to ease off and I'm having a bit more energy, which hopefully means that inspiration for this story will return to me soon and I'll get cracking writing again.

In other words, just wanted to let you know that there'll hopefully be an update soon, either before the end of this year or at the very beginning of next year (hoping for the former alternative…)

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss you guys!

Love,
Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable - Surviving the Truth (AU M/L ADULT) A/N 11/25/17 p. 9

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Good to get your update, and especially the great news regarding your baby.
Take special care,
Carolyn
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

great to hear from you. You and the little one take care and we will hear from you when we hear from you. Happy Holidays
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Such a good news Jo! Been thinking & praying for you. Take good rest and get energy back :wink:
Writing takes energy and do take care of yourself & baby first :)
Lots of hugs & kisses!!
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Happy Holidays!

Wishing you all a

VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
and a
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hoping I'll be seeing you all in 2018 <3

Love,