Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 60 & Epilogue Complete 7/3/17

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 60 & Epilogue Complete 7/3/17

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Title Bitter Love
Author Roswelllostcause
Disclaimer Roswell is owned by a lot of people. I am not now or have I been one of them. I am only borrowing the characters.
Category AU with Aliens M/L
Rating Adult
Summary Max is the crowned prince of Antar. Liz is the eldest daughter of one of the top advisers of Max's father the current King of Antar. They were childhood friends. But unknown to Liz, her father signed a contract promising her hand in marriage to Max. After two years away at school Liz returns for a ball that she has no idea is to announce her engagement she knew nothing about.

Part 1

He watched her as she walked through the garden. It had been nearly two years since he had seen her. She had been away at school. He had missed her. They had been close friends before she went away. He knew that she had only returned because of the Royal Ball that would take place at the end of the next week. Her father was one of his father's top advisers. She held the title of Lady because of that. She had a brother that had also recently returned from school. This young lady was now more beautiful then he remembered.

"So that is Lord Jeffrey's oldest daughter."

He turned to see his sister had joined him on the balcony over looking the garden.

"Yeah."
"Does she know what this ball is really about?"
"No."
"Does she know about the contract that was signed when she was five?"
"No. She knows none of it. She has no idea that she is going to be my wife. That she is to be the next queen."
"Is that why you are avoiding her?"
"I have not been avoiding her."
"Yeah right. She has a right to know that she will be married in a year."
"Don't you think I know that Isabel? But our father has ordered me as King not to say a word. That it is up to Lord Jeffrey to tell her."
"Which means he won't say a word to her."
"Right. Which also means that she will have to hold her temper at the ball."
"Max, she is a proper Lady. She will not make a public scene. Can't say that she won't go off on you once you are alone."
"Right. I just hope that her father gets the worse of it."
"I'm sure that he will. Why don't you go welcome her home?"
"Maybe I should."
"Good luck."
"Thanks I might need it."

She walked through the garden of the Royal Palace of Antar. It had been two years since she had returned home. She had to wonder why she had to return for this ball. She had missed a number of spring and winter balls even the big summer gala ball. Why all of a sudden was she required to be at this one? She was so lost in thought that she wasn't watching where she was going and walked right into someone.

"Still getting lost in your own world I see."

She looked up at the owner of the voice and the firm chest she had walked into.

TBC
Last edited by Roswelllostcause on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:43 am, edited 59 times in total.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 1 5/4/17

Post by SmileeUk »

Great start! :wink: I like it :D

Now I wonder how the story goes :o The title is bitter love..... Does it mean they will fight & argue a lot before they make up ? :shock: hmmmm.... I am intrigued :)

Please update soon :wink:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So everyone but Liz knows what is going on. I say Liz is going to be surprised when she finds out. Wonder who Liz bumped into? Who did Liz bumped into? What will Liz do when she find out what is going on?

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

SmileeUk You will find out soon what things are going to be like for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76 Yes everyone knows what is going on but Liz. Liz will not be happy when she does find out.

Part 2

Liz smirked at her long time friend. She had to admit that he looked good.

"Well you know me You're Highness. Always daydreaming." Said Liz
"Yeah. You look good Lizzie."
"So do you Max."
"Have you seen your brother yet?"
"No. I haven't even seen my younger sister. Or anyone else in my family for that matter. My father has been in meetings with yours all day. My mother has been helping yours with the final arrangements for the ball."
"Well Christopher, is back from training as well. He arrived yesterday."
"What about Serena? Where is she keeping herself these days?"
"You haven't heard?"
"No. Until I got the letter two days ago ordering me home I hadn't heard from anyone in over a year."
"Well two months ago Serena, like everyone in the noble houses went before the Granalith for her direction of study."
"Wow. I forgot that was coming up for her. I remember how scared I was."
"Yeah she was really scared too."
"So what is her line of study?"
"She is a guardian."
"Guardian? You mean of the Granalith?"
"Yeah. No one was more shocked then she was when the mark of the Granalith appeared on her forehead and the wall of the chamber."
"So uh um she is locked away in the temple?"
"Yes. Until two days before the ball. Then she will come back here for the ball before returning for the rest of her training."
"Wait I thought that all Guardians were required to remain in the temple until the end of training?"
"That is how normally it is done. But at your father's request my father ordered that an exception be made for her. She will return two days after the ball."
"Why?"
"Liz, I wish I could tell you. But my father has ordered me not to say anything about the ball."
"So you know what is going on? Why I had to leave school and return home for a stupid ball? Something I have always hated going to."
"Yeah."
"Well goodnight You're Highness."

He watched as she stormed off. He heard a crack of thunder as she left the garden and the sky that had been clear seconds before opened into a down pour.

"So my little sister is not happy about the ball."

Max turned to see his friend and Liz's older brother Christopher standing behind him in his military uniform.

"Yeah, and she still doesn't know about what is going to be announced at the ball."
"Max, this is a bad move by both your father and mine. Liz, has never felt that our father cares what she has wanted. She was happy to get away to school."
"Chris, how is Liz going to react when she finds out that her life has been planned for her?"
"She will be mad as hell. Liz gets her temper from our grandmother. Our father's mother."
"I just hope that this announcement doesn't hurt our friendship."
"Just be careful. Liz, will go through with her duty. But don't expect her to be happy about it."
"Thanks. So Michael still top of the class?"
"Yeah. Though Kyle and I aren't far behind."
"That's good. Bet your father was surprised that you ended up on the soldier path."
"Yeah. But my cousin Alex is going to be an advisor so it isn't all bad."
"True."
"Well I better go see if Lizzie has calmed down any."
"Good luck man."

Christopher walked off and Max knew that he would have his work cut out for him with his future wife.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Bitter Love (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 2 5/5/17

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So Liz sees her friend Max after a year. Liz seems surprised that Max knows what is going on but won't tell her. Wow so Serena is a guardian of the granolith. And Liz's brother Chris is in the army. Cool Liz can control the weather. Now that is a cool power to have. Max better be on his toes around Liz. Can't wait to find out what will happen next.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Lord Jeffrey is doing a great disservice to his daughter. Why would he not tell Liz the truth?
Liz is not going to be happy with this ball......and I don't blame her.
Max should have broken his promise and given her a hint!
Thanks,
Carolyn
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Oh I like this furious Liz :lol: Not bowing down to the highest authority :)

I can't wait to see how she reacts at the ball and after it especially when she is alone with Max :wink:

What a special ability to control weather! I wish I have that too so that we can have more sunny days :mrgreen:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
roswell4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswell4life »

Can't wait to see Liz's reaction!! :mrgreen:
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by max and liz believer »

Great start! Looking forward to reading more :D

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Actually it has been two years since Liz left for school. Liz is surprised that Max knows and won't tell her what he knows. Liz does control the weather.

Carolyn Lord Jeffrey does not believe that Liz needs to know what he has chosen for her. Liz is not going to be happy when she finds out the reason for the ball. Max, didn't actually promise not to say anything. He was given a Royal order not to tell Liz about their engagement. So he might try and drop hints before the announcement is made.

SmileeUk Oh yes this Liz does not bow down easily. Oh I think that her father might be in more trouble.

roswell4life Liz reaction will be something!

Jo Thanks!

Part 3

Serena knelt in the main chamber of the temple of the Granalith. While the Granalith itself was stored in a we'll guarded chamber in the palace, all the guardians trained in this temple. Or others like it around the planet. In each temple there was a crystal, that had been created by the Granalith. The crystal was connected to the Granalith. She knew it would be a matter of days before she will leave her training to attended the Royal Ball that was to announce the engagement of her sister and the Crowned Prince. She was asking for the Granalith's guidance in helping her sister in accepting her roll as the future Queen.

"You seem troubled young one."

Serena turned to see the eldest guardian.

"It is my older sister. I am hoping that she will keep her temper from getting the better of her."
"Lady Elizabeth, is a very kind loving young woman. Yes she has a fire that burns inside that she shows with her temper."
"Will my sister be OK?"
"Part of her problem is she will not admit even to herself that she has deep feelings for our future King. They were born to be with each other. She will accept her place in time."
"The Granalith tells you this?"
"Yes my dear. You will learn to listen to what it tells you."
"Won't this set my training back my going to the ball?"
"No. That is where you belong."
"I don't understand."
"Serena, you will when your training is complete be the palace junior guardian. You will be the one Prince Maxwell and Elizabeth turn to when they take the throne."

Serena nodded. She knew that she had an important roll. She also knew like other guardians she would be able to have a family of her own. She knew that her father had signed a contract for her hand just like with her sister. She just didn't know who she would have as a mate.

Liz walked through her family's quarters in the palace. She had lived most of her life in the palace. It was home. She had grown up with both Max and Isabel, as well as a few others besides her family. She had just entered her room when there was a knock on her door. She opened it to see her older brother Chris standing there.

"What do you want Chris?"
"Lizzie, what is with you?"
"Nothing."
"Yeah right. You are not happy. Hell a little while ago you were pissed off at Max for no good reason."
"Why do you think that? Just because a down pour came down on him?"
"You know that he has to follow orders of his father just like everyone else."
"I know. You know something about this ball don't you?"
"Yes. Lizzie, I know you have never felt that father cares about you. But that is just the way he has always been."
"So uh you are of age to marry."
"You are nearing the age yourself."
"I am aware of that. Father will announce my engagement soon."

*Sooner then you think little sister.*

"That is true."
"So have you been told who your mate will be?"
"Yes. Lady Carolyn, the daughter of Lord James. I am in training with her brother Kyle."
"Oh right. They have a sister Maria right?"
"Well I believe that she is actually their stepsister. Lady Amy's first husband was killed when Maria was very young. While Lord James's wife died in childbirth with Carolyn."
"Are you OK with marrying Carolyn?"
"She will be a good wife and mother. In time we may learn to love each other."
"Chris, don't you want to love the woman you marry?"
"You read to many romance book sister dear."
"I just wish that I could pick the man I will spend my life with."
"I am sure you will be fine with the man father has a contract for you to marry."
"You know!"

Chris looked at his sister and knew he was in big trouble.

TBC