The General and His King (AU, Teen) 5/17/16

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

norahb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The General and His King (AU, Teen) 5/17/16

Postby norahb » Tue May 17, 2016 1:13 pm

Last edited by norahb on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The General and His King

Postby begonia9508 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:19 am

Really great start and I am really interested of the situation, in where Michael is the one who grows more into the Alien world and knows obviously a lot of this world when Max doesn't!

And I am waiting for more! Thanks EVE
Last edited by begonia9508 on Fri May 27, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Postby keepsmiling7 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:31 pm

I love, love this already.
What an interesting new way to be introduced to these characters.
I can see Tess being more human, but Michael less angry. He's got a long way to go.
I'm sure the conflicts between Max and Michael will be never ending.
My favorite part was Isabel's possessions of "white-out, hole punch and nail polish". She should win the prize for that.
At least Michael stepped in with crowd control when he realized Max was going ahead with the healing.
Thanks and can't wait for more,
Carolyn

norahb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Postby norahb » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:56 am

I'm going to post the next chapter in he next couple of days.

Eve -- thanks for the vote of confidence! The next chapter deals with Michael and Tess trying to explain the truth to Max and as you can expect it doesn't go that well. I think this difference in their level of knowledge will be an interesting dynamic.

Carolyn -- thank you! I'm looking forward to fleshing Isabel out more. I think they could have done a lot more with her in the series.

--Norah

norahb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The General and His King (AU, Teen) 5/17/16

Postby norahb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:11 am

Last edited by norahb on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

norahb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The General and His King (AU, Teen) Ch. 4, 6/26/16

Postby norahb » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:49 am

Last edited by norahb on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9loveletters9
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Postby 9loveletters9 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:04 pm

I love this start of this story and hoping you continue. I miss candy stories. I feel like you will bring maria and michael into the forefront and do it justice. I can't wait to read more, especially about maria :)

norahb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Postby norahb » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:10 pm

@9loveletters9
Thanks for the kind review! I'm glad you liked the candy elements. Me too :) and there is lots and lots of Maria to come. I even just wrote a scene from her pov.

Funny thing -- I hadn't planned to make much of the love stories because I wanted to focus mostly on Michael and Max, the politics, the war, as well as Isabel and Tess's role in a potential revolution in Antar. As in, let's think about the implications of destiny and a royal lineage BEYOND who you are supposed to sleep with.

But then, I had Michael and Maria in the same room and the sparks are just there, period. I rewatched part of the first season, and realized how important that relationship is to all the politics. Same of course for Max and Liz, maybe more so because Max is so reluctant to follow his destiny.

Besides love is fun to write!

My plan now is to put Maria into a role similar to Liz in the first season. I don't think Max has told Liz much. We will soon find out he made up a story about being psychic. Liz will be questioned by the police. But Maria will be the one to learn about aliens. Michael will not tell her -- she will probably catch him, and then have to decide whether to trust him, and then whether to tell Liz or Alex or even her mom.

I'd be interested to know what your take on these ideas is, and anyone else's perspective of course!

Because Michael and Tess are so concerned with their destinies, I will have to explore Max & Tess and Michael & Isabel as potential relationships but I don't envision anything serious or romantic. Michael will view anything with Isabel as a purely political alliance and not intend for her to be an actual romantic partner. Maria is definitely his endgame.

Update coming asap! Maybe tomorrow :) with more Candy and maybe some Dreamer.

norahb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The General and His King (AU, Teen) 8/3/16

Postby norahb » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:54 am

Last edited by norahb on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Postby xmag » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:27 am

It's an interesting beginning. I love to read about Michael and Maria. And ouch Nacedo. Poor Maria, she must have been scared.

Return to “Alternate Universe With Aliens”