Re: Endless (AU with Aliens) 8-29-2016 Chapter 6 (part 1)

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Endless (AU with Aliens) 8-23-2016 Chapter 5

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It has been a long time, but I am glad you are back
The caretakers protected Liz's reputation........
And Liz's mother is still working to protect her.
A seer must be very special.
Thanks,
Carolyn
Twilighteyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Twilighteyes »

I'm happy that you didnt give up on this story I can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dig my grave,
Dig it deep.
Marble stone,
From head to feet.
And on that stone,
Place a dove.
To show the world,
I died for love.
flyawayraven
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by flyawayraven »

So I went so long without posting, I figured I would split chapter 6 into two parts as a personal apology to all of you who have stuck around and waited so patiently for updates!

Chapter 6 (Part 1)

Kyle checked on me a few times over the next week, nagging me to go exploring. I was more interested in getting answers though, and chose to stay behind, sprawled out up on top of my new bed as I skimmed the books Ava had given me.

The alien dialect made little sense to me, but someone along the way had left hastily written translations down the sides. Although it wasn’t a perfect translation, it was better than nothing, and I liked how the previous reader had obviously been questioning what he or she was reading.

It was moments like this that I wished my parents had pushed me more toward learning about the races that had taken over Earth. It wasn’t until then that I realized the extent my parents had gone to keep me in the dark about my role as a seer. I still didn’t know everything, but what I had learned made butterflies sprout in my stomach.

The more I deciphered from my new collection of books, the more trips I made to the library for other references to back up the information I was reading until my new room took on a look of a library itself, with dozens of books sprawled around open to a particular section.

Kyle eventually stopped entering my room after knocking over a well thought out pile of texts that referred to the splicing process of the protector geno. Yup, I was even reading up about that.

Why had I never questioned my place in life? Or Kyle’s for that matter.

The more I read on the processes and formal proceedings that involved becoming a protector, the worse I felt about the fact that I had essentially been taking advantage of my best friend for years.

I read texts about old world technologies, and how human dependence and arrogance allowed the takeover of a whole world.

How the Shapeshifters and Antarian’s came from a war torn planet called Antar, and how their beloved Alyxan was killed, along with his protector and advisors by an usurper who thought he could control the Granolith.

But the Granolith wasn’t to be controlled.

Instead the Granolith took control of the situation and sent the Alyxan’s body and those of his court to Earth, and for hundreds of years the Granolith hid itself deep in the deserts of what used to be New Mexico. Until one day, Alyxan woke. With the help of the Granolith he was able to heal himself and those closest to him but in doing so released a plague on the unsuspecting people of Earth.

The Gandarium

Slow moving it may have been in the beginning, it took generations to even come to the attention of the people of earth. At first they thought it was a mutation of the rabies virus. A virus that caused disorientation and rage in its victim.

In an effort to help correct the mistake he had made, Alyxan forced a connection with the Granolith that eventually killed him, a wasteful death that caused nothing but grief in those he left behind. It wasn’t that the Granolith didn’t want to help, it was that it couldn’t.
By forcing a connection with the Granolith, King Alyxan would make another mistake.

After hundreds of years of hiding, he caused the Granolith to give away its location in the galaxy, leading the enemies of Alyxan straight to earth.

An old man by then, weakened by his forced connection to the Granolith, Alyxan was no match when his enemies arrived on Earth.
His enemy, arriving on a plague ravaged planet saw an opportunity and took it.

He became the hero to the human species, showing them the means to survive against the Gandarium.

It wasn’t until years after his arrival that Khivar finally found the exact location of the Granolith. By then, with the humans worshiping him, and Alyxan once again gone, those closest to him went deep into hiding. His bloodline, and the bloodlines of his protectors and advisors blending into society until not even Khivar himself would recognize the taint of Alyxan’s blood, aside from one telling sign passed from Alyxan to his kin.

Nowhere in any of my reading did it explain to me the role of a seer, or even the fact that a seer was necessary at all.

I took away from all the history a depressing fact that I was no closer to answering my questions then I was before I had begun. Yes, it was sad and the angst made for a fantastic read, but it was so long ago, I found myself wondering who still cared?

So it was shocking to learn that Khivar had a forefather that was a murdering monster, but I was pretty sure everyone had family skeletons they didn’t want known, tucked away in a closet somewhere. I didn’t like advertising that my parents were dead, so I could sympathize with Khivar not wanting anyone to know his namesake had essentially been the reason two whole planets were destroyed. So to speak.

As I stood and stretched, I started closing books to take back to the library. I didn’t know who did it but every time I went to the library, the piles of books I left stacked on the tables were neatly slid back into their rightful place on the correct shelf.

I wonder if Ava had been a librarian in another life, not that I knew it was her who shelved the hundreds of books I left lying around.
I wondered around the property, focusing for the first time since arriving at the city, on something other than stuffing my brain with information that I didn’t understand how I could use.

I hadn’t seen Ava since my initial meeting with her, and decided to seek her out.

Wasn’t it her who stated I needed to learn the history of the Granolith in the first place?

A history I felt was thoroughly incomplete, but for the life of me I couldn’t understand what I was missing.

I knew instinctively I was missing something massive, but didn’t know the first place to complete the knowledge I needed.

I hope this answers some questions, peaks some more curiosity and makes you all want more!!!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Hurry back with More!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Liz is doing her research on the gandarium......
LOL.......Ava must have been a librarian........or did the books all reshelf themselves?
Good part,
Carolyn
Twilighteyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Twilighteyes »

please hurry back with more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Dig my grave,
Dig it deep.
Marble stone,
From head to feet.
And on that stone,
Place a dove.
To show the world,
I died for love.
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

I'm very curious how everything will go further. Just like Liz I want to know more.
Take a look at Eva's world
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! Amazing work! It tooks me three quarter of one hour to read 3 parts... :shock: And it still got it and wonder why they need Liz in this; is war coming near or another one wanting Khivar place so they need a seer to help him ot Khivar has other plans fort her? :shock: :roll:

Anyway, I loved every bit of it and I am waiting for more! Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Polgara
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Polgara »

A great start to a very interesting story! Thanks for writing - I can't wait for more!
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Great! I have caught up from the start :mrgreen:

It is an intriguing story & I have as many questions as everyone :oops: :oops:

Please come back with more updates!! I want to know more :D :D Pleasssseeeee!!!!!
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~