From Rags to Princess (M/L, AU Adult) Pt 42 Complete 10/12

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

From Rags to Princess (M/L, AU Adult) Pt 42 Complete 10/12

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Title From Rags to Princess
Disclaimer Roswell is owned by a lot of people. I am not now or ever been one of them. I am only borrowing the characters. They will be returned when I am done with them.
Category M/L AU with aliens
Rating Adult
Summary When a farmer is unable to pay back a loan he is forced to hand over one of his daughters to be sold as a slave in hopes of raising what he still owes. The girl is surprised by not only who buys her, but his plans for her.

Part 1

He watched as the well dressed man stepped out of the transport. It had been two years since he borrowed a large amount of money to save his farm. But he had only been able to payback about half of it. He knew what was going to happen now. He was going to have do and he wasn't happy about it.

"Do you have my money?" Asked the man
"No. I tried but this drought really hit me bad." Said the farmer
"I understand. The loan was only for eighteen months. I gave you an extra six."
"I understand Lord Trayer."
"I need to take the girl."
"Yes my Lord."

The farmer saw the younger of his two girls.

"Go get your sister!" Yelled the farmer

The twelve year old girl ran off to get her older sister. He watched her go. He hated that he was going to have to say good bye to his child.

"You have to sign these forms." Said Lord Trayer
"Right. Will you promise to try and find someone who will treat her right?"
"I will do my best. But you understand I that I have to get as much as I can for her."
"I know."

Just then his fourteen year old daughter came over to them.

"You wanted to see me daddy?" She asked
"Sweetie, I need you to go with Lord Trayer."
"OK, I understand."
"Promise me that you will be good, and not cause trouble."
"I promise."
"It's time to go." Said Trayer

The farmer gave his daughter a hug and kiss. She then followed Lord Trayer to his transport. Once both were inside it took off. The girl had tears falling down her face.

"What happens now?" She asked

Lord Trayer took her hand and looked at her. She was a very lovely girl. Trayer knew the girl was of mixed blood. He father's blood line had come from earth a long time ago. Her mother's was antarian.

"Well young lady, you will first have a medical exam. Though I don't think that you will have a problem passing it. Then you will bathe and be given a garment to wear. After that I will take you to the slave market. Once you are sold your owner will choose what color bans you will wear."

She just nodded. Once in the city they stopped in front of a building that she knew held medical offices. They when in and she was taken into an exam room and forced to strip. She got on the exam table and a doctor came in and did an exam made some notes in a file. Then she was taken to a room with a bath tub. There were also two girls wearing black slave bans. The two girls scrubbed her after twenty minutes she was given a towel to dry off and then a smock to cover herself with. She was then taken back to Lord Trayer. They left and when the three miles to the slave market. Lord Tranger led her to a booth near the back. She saw a small bench near the wall with an ankle chain.

"Sit on the bench." Said Lord Tranger

She did as she was told. Lord Tranger then locked the chain around her ankle. She kept her head down not looking at him. He gently lifted her chin so that she was looking at him.

"I really wish you no harm young lady. But your father agreed to the terms of our deal."
"I know this is just business."
"You are a lovely young thing. Just don't speak unless you are asked a question OK?"

She just nodded. Lord Trayer when to the front of the the booth and waited. Men came and looked her over. But none made an offer. After two hours Tranger let out a curse as a man with ice cold blue eyes and dark blond hair walked up to the booth. He glance at the girl and could see her shaking in fear

"Lord Trayer I want to see the girl." Said the man
"Of course Lord Kivar."

Kivar walked over to the girl and started to touch and grab at her roughly. It took all her will power not to pull away or scream at him. Kivar turned back to Trayer.

"How old is she?" Asked Kivar
"Fourteen."
"She have any experience with a man?"
"No. Her father is a farmer east of the city."
"One hundred crewdens."

"Lord Kivar that is a fair offer, and I will consider it. I will let you know at the end of the business day."
"Very well."

Kivar walked off.

"Don't worry he will only get you if I have no other choice."
"Three hundred crewdens!" Came a forceful voice.

Both Trayer and the girl looked at the owner of the voice.

"Trayer the offer is only if I take custody of the girl right now."
"There are some papers you need to sign you're highness."
"I know what the law is. What is her name?"
"Elizabeth Parker."
"Human or half?"
"Half."
"Get the papers."
"Yes you're highness."
"Oh and give me the gold bans for her."
"Yes sire."

Elizabeth's eyes when wide at the young man who was buying her. He handed over the money and filled out the papers. He then took the gold bans and walked over to her. He placed them on her wrists and unlocked the ankle chain. She dropped to her knees in front of him.

"It is an honor to meet you My prince." She said softly
"Elizabeth, are you going to come with me willing or will I have to place a chain on you and drag you? I would rather not do that."
"I will go with you my prince."

Once the men finished their business Elizabeth walked with the young prince to his transport.

TBC
Last edited by Roswelllostcause on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:14 am, edited 43 times in total.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: From Rags to Princess (M/L, AU Adult) Pt 1 8/27

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great start1 Please come back with more really soon?

L-J-L 76
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! She is one lucky girl, no? At least, for now...

Looking forward for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Thanks :D

Eve She has no idea how lucky she is! :wink:

Part 2 one month later.

Elizabeth stood on the balcony staring at the night sky. It had been a month since she had been forced to leave her home as payment for her father's debt. She knew that Lord Trayer had made her father a promise that he would find her a place were she wouldn't be harmed. He kept that promise when Prince Maxwell paid for her. She was lost in thought and didn't hear him come up behind her. She only noticed him when he wrapped his jacket around her.

"Thank, you're highness."
"I told you you can cut the formal crap when we are alone Liz."
"Sorry. It's just hard for me to forget what my father taught me."
"It is not a bad thing to show respect."
"Thank you."
"Liz, you have been here a month and you have never spoken of your mother. You only talk of your father and younger sister."
"My mother died, a year and a half after my sister was born. She was bitten by a verta snake. We lived to far from medical care that could have saved her."
"I'm sorry. Though that kind of snake can be deadly even with fast medical care."
"I am aware of that. Max may I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"What are your plans for me? I know what happens most of the time to girls in my place."
"You are wondering if I will force you into my bed."
"That is what most men do with their female slaves. That is what Lord Kivar would have done to me."
"Well I am not Kivar. Do you know what the color bans mean?"
"Not really only that there are three levels. Lowest is black, silver in mid level and gold is high level."
"Gold is also the only one that can get their freedom back."
"There is a catch."
"Yes. I knew I was right about you being smart. You would have to be wiling to marry either myself or someone of my choosing."
"Why would you want to marry me? I am just a poor farm girl. Nothing like the girls you are use too."
"Even though I have only known you a short time, I can tell you that you are the most real girl I have ever met."
"Your parents would never approve of me as your mate."
"You never know. Liz get some sleep. You will be traveling with me to see some of the farms in the east."

Liz turned to look at him.

"Your father's isn't on the list. But if there is time maybe we can stop on the way back."
"Thanks."
"No promises. If there isn't time we won't be able to."
"I understand that."
"Good night Liz sweet dreams."

Liz headed into her room that was just through a door to Max's suite. Max then headed into his to find his mother waiting for him.

"How is she doing?"
"Not well mom."
"Max, it will take time. But she will learn to be happy here."
"I have never understood how you know things."
"Fore sight Max. You have the gift to heal. I have fore sight. Elizabeth is very special."
"I know."
"Take an extra day and let her see her family."
"Do you know something?"
"Max go to bed."
"OK. Night mom,"

Max when to bed wondering how he was going to win over the young woman in the next room.

TBC

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: From Rags to Princess (M/L, AU Adult) Pt 2 8/28

Post by begonia9508 »

AH! With these aliens, we never know what will happen! :lol: And it seems that they have already plan for Liz, between Max and his mom!

Thanks and looking for more! EVE :mrgreen:
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: From Rags to Princess (M/L, AU Adult) Pt 2 8/28

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. I'm glad that Max and Liz are getting to know each other. I think that was very sweet of Max to want to take Liz to see her family. So Diane knows there is something very special about Liz. I agree with Diane about Liz seeing her family. How is Max going to win Liz's heart? What does Diane know that she is not telling Max? How does Diane know Liz is special? Sorry for the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read if Liz sees her family. And How? And What Max will do to win Liz's heart.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: From Rags to Princess (M/L, AU Adult) Pt 3 8/29

Eve Oh yes! Max has plans for Liz. Now he just needs to get into her heart!

L-J-L 76 Max knows that Liz is homesick. He just wants her happy. As for what the Queen knows? It will be a little while before we find that out!

Part 3

Liz followed Max out to his personal transport for the trip out to the farmlands east of the city. It had taken much of the past month for her to adjust to the sounds of the city. Until then she had only been to the city once or twice before. She got in with him and they headed out.

"Liz?"
"Yes?"
"I have to admit I don't know a lot about farming, or what it takes to grow crops."
"What are you asking my prince?"
"Well, you know a great deal more seeing as you lived most of your life on a farm. So will you advise me on weather or not things are going well on these farms?"
"I will do my best sire."
"Thank you Liz."

Liz just stared out the window of the transport. They were traveling farther from the city and into the country side. When they came to a stop Liz saw that it was at a farm she had been to once with her father. The farmer who owned it wasn't the nicest man she had ever met. They climbed out and were met by the farmer.

"You're Highness it is an honor to have you visit."
"Yes, Mr. Jather?"
"Yes sire."
"You grow wheat here true?" Asked Max
"Yes."
"You have reported that you have had bad crops for the past three years."
"Yes sire."
"Mr. Jather explain to me how that is possible."
"The drought. It has killed much of those crops."

Max turned to Liz.

"Liz, is he telling the truth?" Asked Max
"No. There was no drought until last year." Said Liz
"Mr. Jather, I have it on good authority that you aren't being truthful." Said Max
"You, believe that half breed slut over one of your own people!" Said Jather
"Don't you ever speak that way about this young lady or anyone else! She was born here same as you."
"Her mother was a disgrace marrying a human vermin."
"Mr. Jather, your request for help has been declined!"
"Sire!"
"If you had been honest you may have gotten help. Liz please get in the transport."

Liz did as she was told with Max right behind her. Once inside Max turned to Liz.

"Are you OK?" Asked Max
"Yes. I know how he feels about me."
"Still isn't right how he spoke of you."
"My Prince he is far from the only one who feels that way about people like me."
"Liz, I know that. But you have every right anyone else here does."
"No I don't Max. I am a slave. I have no freedom."
"Liz, do I treat you like a slave?"
"No."
"Yes, for now you are listed as a slave. But I hope one day to remove those bans from your wrists."
"Maybe."

Max wondered what was going through Liz's mind. He was already starting to care for her. The rest of the week was spent going to other farms. They came to one the was only a few miles from Liz's father's. The farmer there was always so kind.

"You're Highness, I don't understand why my crops are doing so poorly. They shouldn't be doing this poorly." Said the farmer
"Liz do you have any ideas?" Asked Max

Liz bit her lip and looked closely at the wheat stalk. She felt it and then turned to Max.

"I have an idea. But I need to test the soil." Said Liz
"Get her a test kit." Max yelled at one of the guards.

Five minutes later the guard returned with the test kit. Liz took it and placed some soil in the tube then added the chemicals. Max saw the Liz's face turn grim.

"What is it?" Asked Max
"The soil has been poisoned." Said Liz

Liz grabbed a different tool and pushed it into the ground taking a sample from farther down and ran the test again.

"OK this is good. It's only the top soil that is bad." Said Liz
"Is there anything that can be done?" Asked Max

Liz looked at the farmer and he nodded.

"Burn it. We have to burn the whole crop and that will destroy the poison. But the crop will be lost." Said Liz
"You will receive anything you need to help you and your family." Said Max
"Thank you Sire. May I give you some advice?"
"What kind?"
"You want to win Miss Parker's heart?"
"In time."
"She likes white roses for one thing."
"Thank you."
"Thank you Sire."

Max and Liz left as the farmer set fire to his fields.

"We have to head back to the city tomorrow right?" Asked Liz
"Actually we have a stopped planned for tomorrow."
"But that was the last one on the list."
"Yeah I know. But I made you a promise before we left. My mom told me to take an extra day. She felt you really need to see your father and sister."
"Thank you!"

Liz wrapped her arms around Max and gave him a big hug.

TBC

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Really clever, King Max, because he knows how to talk to women!

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Love the new story.
At first I thought it was Kivar buying Liz, but Prince Maxwell is a much better deal.
She had good advice with the crops, so it is good that she will be helping the Prince.

Thanks,
Carolyn
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

great story :D . I wonder if kivar is spoilling the lands :?