Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU, M/L, ADULT) Ch 2, 5/20/15

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. I like Liz's costume. I couldn't believe Maria wants to change Liz's costume. I like how Maria, Alex and Liz are together. Wow Max dressed up as Dracula. I wonder what Isabel and Michael are dressed as.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part! Waiting for more!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Love Halloween parties.......and would I ever love to see Max dressed up as Dracula.
Looking forward to the next chapter,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh! I just love it!

Liz is such a tart-tongued girl and she does let nobody impress her! :lol: And she is right to do it because it is easy to be acting like the others, only wanting to be pleased and invited, at the year event! :roll:

But she isn't totally insensitive to Max's charm and him, being what he is, the most desired guy from school it seems, is interested at why she ignores him! :roll:

Going to love the cat-mouse play... :lol:

Waiting for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Great part! :D
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

This is good. Lol. I bet Liz is in for a surprise to find out what they really are. Although I'm curious as to why they are all of a sudden paying attention to Liz just now. 8)
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

...I also always enjoy a sarcastic Liz, so thank you :wink:
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

THREE

Post by max and liz believer »

L-J-L 76 - Thank you! :D
Roswelllostcause - Thank you! :D
Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - Yeah, Max as Dracula… :roll: Thank you! :D
Eve (begonia9508) - You are right on. Liz is, in some way, resistant to Max's charm. He doesn't have her wrapped around his finger as he seems to have with the other students at Roswell High. But, she is however, not completely immune. Her curiosity is slowly winning her over. Thank you for the feedback! :D
saori_1902 - Thank you! :D
AlysLuv - You raise some interesting points… :roll: Thank you! :D

Thank you everyone so much for reading, and for leaving feedback. Makes me so happy :D

From TWO:

“Is there anything else to this party but getting intoxicated while in preposterous costumes and making a fool out of yourself?” I asked and let my eyes do what they had wanted from the second Max Evans had blocked my field of vision. Return the once-over.

I felt an uncomfortable chill run through me as I took in his black dress pants and the black cape hanging off his shoulders. I noticed the stiff erected collar behind his neck, the blood red silk material adorning the inside of that collar, the white shirt, the white vest and the white bow-tie. I let my eyes wander to his face and forced myself to see past his piercing eyes, noting the eyeliner which had turned his incandescent eyes darker.

I swallowed.

Dracula. Max Evans had dressed up as Dracula.

Right about then I wished for telepathic abilities so that I could talk this fact over with my innocent fair-haired girlfriend. Did anyone except Maria know that I hypothesized the mysterious trio of Roswell High to be dark creatures of the night?

From the smirk on Max’s lips - those sensual lips - I had the strange ominous feeling that he knew. That, in dressing up as Dracula, he was sharing a private joke with me.

I jumped as Maria started talking next to me and realized that I had disappeared into my thoughts for awhile, the world around me dimming away. “You’re Dracula.”

I looked at my best friend and wondered, due to her ability to pick up on my recent thought, if she might be able to read minds after all.

“Too predictable?” Max asked, his voice dry with a touch of nonchalance, while his eyes had yet to leave my face.

A tremble of disconcerting excitement moved through me.

“That’s funny,” Maria acknowledged, “because my friend Liz here happens to be dressed up as your enemy.”

Max quirked an eyebrow and I felt his eyes burrow through me as they, if possible, turned a shade darker. A shiver of danger rushed through me.

Stop staring at me!

Max leaned in and I could feel his warm breath flutter across my mouth as I went completely still. “You came here to kill me?” he asked darkly, his voice lowering an octave.

I don’t know why, but his question scared me. Maybe it was because of the irony of him threatening me when I was the one feeling like the prey.

“You better watch your back,” I answered, my eyes flickering to his lips which were only half an inch from mine, and I was surprised at the strength of my voice. I felt anything but.

Amusement flickered in his eyes and his lips seemed to caress the words of, “I will.”

With that, Max Evans straightened and looked at Maria - breaking eye contact with me for the first time since the start of the meeting - with the smug airiness that he was known for to the rest of the school. “There’s booze inside. Help yourself.”

“Cool,” Maria smiled happily.

Max looked at me again and paused for just a second before leaning in close again.

I froze.

His eyes flickered to my lips again, as mine had done just seconds before, and I felt the air around me zing my skin as he slowly licked his lips.

It was strange, the conflicting emotions he managed to create in me. Goosebumps were erupting across my entire body while my heart got strangled with nervousness as he bypassed my mouth and moved his lips close to my ear. So close that I could feel them brush against the outer curve of my earlobe.

“Later, Vampire Slayer.”

Normally - if it had been anyone else but Max Evans - I would’ve rolled my eyes at the cheesy rhyme and most likely pushed him away for rudely invading my personal space. But Max Evans was not just anyone else.

He was walking away before I had a chance to register that he was no longer standing next to me.

“What did he say?”

I turned to the globe-sized eyes of Maria and shrugged, “Who knows? He’s not the most eloquent guy.”

Maria narrowed her eyes at me and said, “Hmph,” with disapproval. “Is there something you’re not telling me, Lizzie? About Max Evans?”

I frowned, still trying to get my feelings under control. I was both warm and cold, trembles replacing shivers, the small hairs on my arms standing at attention, my heart beating hard in my chest and adrenaline making my mouth feel dry.

“That he’s a vampire?” I tried and frowned. My voice was breathless and weak.

Maria didn’t seem to notice as she stared at me, placing her hands in the curve of her waist as her green eyes flashed with annoyance. “He’s not a vampire, Lizzie. Would you stop that? You’re seriously embarrassing me. What if someone heard?”

I shrugged. “He’s even dressed up as a vampire. It wouldn’t be such an odd statement given the circumstances.”

Maria apparently ignored my defense and continued, “He was staring at you.”

So she noticed, huh? I felt the unwelcome flush returning to my cheeks.

“I think he has a thing for you,” Maria said, her face relaxing in certainty. “Yep, that’s definitely it. For some reason, Roswell High’s most eligible playboy has a thing for the only girl who hates his guts.”

Okay, so now Maria had gone insane too.

I looked at her with irritation, “Max Evans?” and pointed to my face, “Me?”, emphasizing the unlikely combination of us as a couple. Come on, he was - as Maria so clearly had just described - a hot and attractive player with the arrogance to suffocate a nuclear fire while I was the intellectual and I-would-rather-stay-at-home-and-read-books-than-go-to-parties girl. Why on Earth would he possibly have a thing for me?

“He didn’t take his eyes off you,” Maria continued, looking at me as if I was the insane one. “And how he leaned in to talk to you, “Maria trembled in an exaggerated shiver of pleasure, “Ah, I could almost taste the electricity.”

I stared at her. At a loss of words. What the hell was she insinuating? Really? Couldn’t she see that Max Evans hadn’t tried to ‘seduce’ me, he had tried his damnedest to intimidate me.

“You’re sure there’s nothing you’d want to tell me? Something you want to confess? A secret kiss in the Eraser room? A rendezvous at the restaurant after hours?” Maria licked her lips in anticipation, her eyes shining brightly with the hope of indirectly experiencing a secret love story.

In a way, I was almost sad to disappoint her. But hell would freeze over before there was a love story between Max Evans and I.

“You’re right,” I answered with a sigh of forced resignation and watched my friend’s eyes widen in surprise. I lowered my voice subtly, leaning into Maria so that she could hear my secretive words. “Every night I dream of Max Evans…” Maria’s eyes grew larger, “Of how I crawl into his bed at night, pull the covers off his chest, straddle his waist, raise my arms above my head,” I lick my lips as a finish with a seductive timbre, “and impale his heart with my wooden stake.”

“Ugh!” Maria groaned frustratedly and pulled back from me. “I hate you.”

I smiled. “Believe me, Maria, when I say; there’s nothing going on between me and Max. He gives me the creeps. I don’t know what he was doing earlier, but it was not pleasant.”

Maria shook her head, “Whatever you tell yourself to make you survive the impending passion.”

I rolled my eyes. “You should stay away from the erotic novels, Ria. They’re getting to you.”

Maria inhaled deeply before linking her arm with mine. “Let’s explore the alcoholic beverages, shall we?”

I glanced over my shoulder, having the feeling that I should keep track of Max so that he couldn’t surprise me again. And consequently drink my blood, kill me, abduct me or whatever.

But Max Evans was nowhere to be seen.
There’s something to be said about drowning your sorrows in alcohol. It actually kinda works. As long as you keep the intake up, of course, allowing your brain to never have an opportunity to emerge from the alcoholic daze. Of course, I couldn’t really claim that I was drowning ‘sorrows’ per say, more attempting to drown the feeling of being watched. The Evans’ palace made me paranoid, made me constantly look over my shoulder, only to never find anyone watching. I quickly figured out that alcohol had a tendency to put a damper on those feelings of being followed, tempting me to drink more. And more and more.

Except for making the surroundings dim into a blur and having your thoughts get lost in a cloud of ‘I don’t really care’, alcohol does unfortunately also cause your bladder to fill up.

“I’ll be right back.” The words were hard to speak and I swayed on the spot as I gave my friend a meaningful look.

Maria’s eyes were rimmed with the redness of intoxication as she tried to focus her eyes on my face. She was just as wasted as me. Her head moved in something that was probably meant to be a nod, but which instead resulted in a staccato rustling of her chin which seemed to make her slightly motion sick as she grabbed onto the edge of the table next to her.

I laughed and my garbled declaration failed miserably in being heard over the base of the booming music, “You’re so drunk!”

Maria looked up at me with incomprehension, frowning as she tried to decipher what I’d said and decide if I was laughing with her or at her. She decided on the positive route and smiled languidly while hitching her thumb up, “Sure!”

I snorted before turning to locate a toilet, slammed the edge of the table into the middle of my thigh, cursed colorfully while trying to figure out how to get around the table without repeating the self-injury, and was then on my merry - unstable - way up the stairs.

Stairs were hard, I realized when I attempted one step at the time while pressing my tongue to the corner of my mouth in concentration.

“Hooray,” I mumbled to myself as I reached the landing of the second level. I let my hand drift along the wall, upsetting some framed family photos with my drunken incoordination. A photo of Max Evans swayed dangerously on its hook and I quickly (as quickly as I could) put both hands on the edges of the frame and calmed its nervous jitter. I stared into the dark smiling eyes of the man in the photo and annoyance rushed through me.

“I’ll deal with you later, mister,” I threatened with a red-painted fingernail and giggled at myself before taking a wobbly step down the corridor.

There were doors to my left and right - this was obviously not a small house - and I mumbled, “Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,” to myself, my finger pointing at a closed door to my right at the exclaimed ‘moe’ and fumbled with the door knob.

I really needed to pee at this point; the lower part of my abdomen was hurting painfully from the fluid retention. The room was pitch dark and I searched for a switch along the wall next to the doorframe.

Nope, not the bathroom, I grimaced along with my thoughts as the room was bathed by a dim light revealing a bed, a dresser and a desk. The walls were covered in posters of various artists I didn’t recognize and there was not one, not two, but three guitars propped up against the wall next to the bed.

I was honestly about to turn around and leave, instantly recognizing that this was someone’s bedroom, but my eyes got caught on photo frame on the dresser. It was - yet another - photo of the boy who had invited me to this party. I glanced around the room, wondering if I was indeed in Max Evans’ bedroom, before looking back at the photo.

There was something enticing about looking at the depiction of Max’s face. I had never seen him smile like that. Carefree. Happy. The smiles he assaulted me with were either devious smirks or grins dripping with sexual innuendo. I frowned as the photo blurred and moved in front of my alcohol-affected vision, and I grabbed onto the edge of the top of the dresser as a wave of nausea hit.

“Why can’t you be this nice young man in real life, huh?” I mumbled disappointedly at the photo, tripping over the words (why does my tongue feel so weird?) almost expecting the photo to laugh at me and give a smart-ass answer.

But instead of an inanimate object answering, I heard steps outside the door - which I had left slightly ajar - and self-preservation tried to force itself through the thick fog in my brain.

Hide!

I swallowed against the nausea that was threatening to push my latest drink back up and obeyed the rational voice in my head. My refuge behind the desk was embarrassingly elephantine as I tripped on the edge of the carpet and landed hard on my side, my elbow slamming against the wooden floor.

I bit back a cry of pain just as the door was pushed open and I saw two pairs of feet enter the room. High red heels and flat white sneakers.

“What the hell happened?” a voice growled and was accompanied by a third pair of shoes - black ones.

“I cut myself,” a female voice answered, impatience in her voice, and I felt myself get colder by the second.

I knew those voices. Isabel Evans and Michael Guerin.

“Watch it, you’re bleeding all over the place.”

And that was Max Evans. I sighed with my inside voice. Of course it was the three creatures of the night. I had, after all, entered Max’s room.

“Did anyone see?” Michael asked and I watched his black shoes pace quickly back and forth across the carpet which had tripped me barely a minute earlier.

“No,” Isabel answered and I could see more than her feet now as she sank down on the bed.

“Are we alone?” Max asked, stepping up in front of Isabel and peeking around the corner of the doorway. I could see his face, looking in the direction of Michael, awaiting confirmation to his question.

Michael stepped up to the door and closed it, cutting off the sharp sound from the party going on downstairs. “Yeah.”

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, sweat breaking out on my forehead, and my hands feeling clammy. Even though I hadn’t done anything wrong, there was something about the situation that made me feel afraid to be there right then. Hiding behind a desk when they though they were alone.

“Good,” Max answered and I couldn’t help but inch a bit further forward, to get a better view of Max and Isabel.

He took her hand , stretched her arm out and I swallowed, my head swimming, as I saw the red trails of blood running along her underarm, drops of blood dripping off her elbow. My fingers dug into the edge of the carpet, trying to keep my grip on reality.

I’m gonna be sick. I’m gonna be sick. I’m gonna be sick.

I had problems with blood on a regular day. Fighting back alcohol-induced nausea wasn’t helping the issue.

For some inexplicable reason, I looked up at the couple again, accidentally getting an eye full of the deep gash across her wrist. I instantly bit down, hard, on the inside of my bottom lip to fight for control over my body.

At Max’s quiet words of, “Look at me,” I did just that, even to the request wasn’t addressed to me. I looked up and saw Max and Isabel gaze into each other’s eyes.

If they weren’t siblings I would bet my arm they-

But my thought ran cold as Max pressed his free hand across the deep wound. Then there was a light-

Oh my God…

a light being emitted from where his palm met Isabel’s skin-

Oh my God…

I wasn’t breathing. My body had stopped functioning. I was frozen on all four, crouched behind a desk, staring at the whole skin - where there had just been a deep wound - that was revealed after Max removed his hand.

As Max let go off Isabel’s arm and she smiled up at him with a satisfied, “Thanks,” my body became acutely aware of the lack of oxygen due to my inability to breathe. My body decided to indiscreetly solve this problem by forcing me to gasp - loudly - and scramble backwards, as the sound surprised me, making my hip collide with the edge of the desk.

My not so subtle reaction lasted only for a fraction of a second after which I pressed my fist against my mouth to stop any further sound. But by then, the room was completely quiet.

One could hear a pin drop.

Then I heard Isabel’s fearful whisper, “Oh my God…” followed by Michael’s much harsher assessment of the situation with a, “Fuck,” which was finished by Max’s sharp question of, “Who’s there?”

I bit my bottom lip, being dizzy from the massive amounts of adrenaline mixing with alcohol in my system, and remained still for a couple of seconds. Maybe if I didn’t move, they wouldn’t see me. Maybe they would go away.

I never had a chance to reflect over what I had just seen. How Max obviously had made Isabel’s wound completely disappear. I vaguely considered that I was hallucinating (maybe someone had slipped something in one of my drinks), before a hand painfully encircled my upper arm and tugged.

A cry of pain died on my lips as Michael pulled me out from behind the desk, up on my teetering feet. I quickly looked around me, at every face staring at me, noting the paleness of Isabel’s features behind her heavy make-up, the murderous black glare of Michael and the-

I swayed on the spot as my eyes met Max’s. Intense as usual. Burning into my very soul. But there was no smirk this time. No grin, chuckle, amusement or wink. The dark eyeliner seemed to emphasize fear.

Fear? Why would Max Evans be scared? He wasn’t the one standing in front of three intimidating people, having just witnessed something that shouldn’t be.

“Liz,” Max whispered and a flutter of heat brushed my heart. No one had ever said my name like that. In a whispered reverence of regret and pain.

“Max,” I answered with a croak, because I didn’t know what else to say.

Michael’s grip on my arm tightened, forcing my eyes away from Max’s confusing face as I felt another dizzy spell claim me.

“What did you see?” Michael hissed.

The floor started to tilt and I stumbled in attempt to right myself. The last thing I heard before my world went black was Max’s voice, calling my name. With the image of Max Evans healing Isabel Evans’ arm, I sank to the floor as my consciousness flickered out.

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU, M/L, ADULT) Ch 3, 5/26/15, p. 2

Post by keepsmiling7 »

What happens now??
Thanks,
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU, M/L, ADULT) Ch 3, 5/26/15, p. 2

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. Wow Max still flirting with Liz. I think Maria is right Max might have feelings for Liz. Poor Liz she can't find the bathroom. Instead of finding the bathroom Liz finds Max's room. Oh my god Liz saw Max heal Isabel's arm. I can't believe how Michael is acting but that is Michael for you. Poor Liz she doesn't know what to do. I would faint too if I saw Max heal someone. What will happen when Liz wakes up? Will Max be there when Liz wakes up? Will Isabel and Michael be there when Liz wakes up? What will Max tell Liz? What will Liz say to Max? Will Max and Liz talk? Will Max and Liz stay away from each other? Will Max and Liz talk? Will Isabel and Michael talk to Liz? Will Michael and Isabel keep Max and Liz apart? Will Max and Liz keep bumping into each other? Will Max and Liz fall for each other? Will Max and Liz kiss? Will Maria and Alex find out? Will Liz be in danger for finding out what Max, Isabel and Michael are? Will Liz help Max, Isabel and Michael? Will Max and Liz have a happy ending together? Sorry for all the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen when Liz wakes up.

L-J-L 76