Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 115 3/28/17 p. 99

Post by keepsmiling7 »

lol........Isabel just worrying about leaving scars......
great part,
Thanks, Carolyn
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I want to make a formal complaint!!! Why did you make us wait so long? There is nothing wrong with your grammar or what so ever!! :roll: :roll:

Bless your beta who can read your story first!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, back to this part..... so glad everyone is alive! Can't believe Isabel tried to kill herself though :( but I love her humour about not leaving a scar :)

I can't wait to find out what has happened between Michael & Maria :wink: :mrgreen:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: great part. Can' t wait for more
mela3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mela3 »

WOW - Liz can heal, like full on hybrid heal! This chapter was so amazing. I'm so happy that everyone is alive. I wonder what happened between Maria and Michael.
I like lots of things, but there are three things I like most: love, love... and love

- La Dolce Vita
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please come back with more really soon?

L-J-L 76
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

ONE ONE SIX

Post by max and liz believer »

L-J-L 76
Wow what a hell of a chapter.
Yep, that's one way to put it.

Thank you so much for the feedback and for the bump! Mucho appreciated :D

Ashley (Morning Dreamgirl)
gets down on knees to pray

God bless new parts and the person who writes them.

Gets up and quickly scrolls to new part on phone.
*laughs* You're funny.

Thank you! :D :D

Eve (begonia9508)
Great new part... even if I have the feeling that not everything will go easily, after such a catastrophe, for all of them...
Your feeling might be right...

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Carolyn (keepsmiling7)
lol........Isabel just worrying about leaving scars......
Isabel being Isabel. But it's probably her way of dealing too. Focusing her attention on something that doesn't really matter in the end.

Thank you for the feedback!

SmileeUk
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I want to make a formal complaint!!! Why did you make us wait so long? There is nothing wrong with your grammar or what so ever!! :roll: :roll:
Actually, by the time you read the update, my own unedited version had probably been replaced by the edited, since my beta got back to me about 1.5 hours with the edited part after I posted. :wink: :roll: But to be honest, there are usually not too many errors in my text, I think it's my own perfectionism blocking me, not daring to post if it hasn't been read through by an English-speaking person first.
Bless your beta who can read your story first!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hihi, yeah. Maybe so :roll: 8) :mrgreen:
Ok, back to this part..... so glad everyone is alive! Can't believe Isabel tried to kill herself though :( but I love her humour about not leaving a scar :)
Isabel saw no other way out. With the risk of being captured and held as a prisoner for the rest of her life (because there was always that risk with Command), she opted for ending it herself. Fortunately, the rest of the group got to her in time.
I can't wait to find out what has happened between Michael & Maria :wink: :mrgreen:
Yep, that's coming up :D Not in this chapter, but in 117.

Natalie36
WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: great part. Can' t wait for more
Thank you!

mela3
WOW - Liz can heal, like full on hybrid heal!
She sure can. More on that in the chapter coming up.
This chapter was so amazing.
Thank you :D
I'm so happy that everyone is alive.
I wouldn't kill them all. That would just be...cruel.
I wonder what happened between Maria and Michael.
More on that in chapter 117. So no yet :D

From ONE ONE FIVE:

With that, I put my hand over the deep burnt wounds in Isabel’s left arm.

She tugged on her arm, trying to pull back. ”What are you doing?”

I caught her perplexed and mildly panicked eyes. ”Healing you.”

Based on her reaction, I was almost expecting her to laugh in my face. Instead she looked bewildered, furrowing her forehead, and asked incredulously, ”
You are going to heal me?”

Finding that voice of self-confidence again, I replied stoically, ”Yes.”

She searched my face. ”I can wait for Max to-”

”Max will be low on energy after healing your dad,” I interrupted, adding some authority to my voice for good measure.

”She brought Max back from the dead earlier,” Maria informed. Isabel and I turned to look at her in unison. ”I’m sure she can heal some cuts.”

Isabel and I looked at each other, neither saying a word. Then the air went out of Isabel with a resigned sigh. ”Fine.”

My heart struck an extra beat of nervousness. The vote of confidence from Maria had both strengthen my confidence but also added more pressure, more expectations. There was the risk that me healing Max earlier had only been possible because he was Max and we were connected. That might not be the case when healing someone outside of our connection.

I guess there was only one way to find out.

”Try not to leave any scars,” Isabel grumbled.

I glanced up at her, trying to work out if she was joking or not, but she was too focused on my hands for me to be able to read her face.

Without further ado, I gently placed my palm against the wound and went to work.

To call me an expert would be an outright lie. Even with full access to Max’s vault of experience and knowledge, it was not as if it was a simple process to heal. To make matters slightly more tricky, Max’s preoccupation with healing his father meant that it was more difficult for me to find the information in his mind that I needed. As if his mind was a server and there was a higher risk of it becoming overloaded with two users instead of one.

Looking at the wounds running along Isabel’s arms I tried to convince myself that they were simple wounds. Compared to the large hole I had managed to heal in Max’s abdomen, this was nothing. Should be as easy as pie.

That’s when something occurred to me. Connections. I probably needed to form a connection with Isabel to be able to heal such large wounds. When healing Max, the connection had already been there.

I grimaced, the expression being hid from Isabel’s eyes by my downturned face.

How do you form a connection?!

”Um,” I mumbled, glancing up at Isabel.

Her eyes were shining with tears, making her look even more beautiful than usual. But even overwhelmed by her emotions, she looked calm. There was admirable assurance in her gaze and she was holding my gaze without blinking.

As if she had easily figured out what my hurdle was, she told me evenly, ”Just look into my eyes. I’ll form the connection.”

I just barely resisted letting out a big sigh of relief, but from the small amused curving to Isabel’s smile, she knew how much her assistance meant to me.

I had a second to ponder what being inside Isabel’s mind might be like before the connection sprung open and there was…nothing.

Isabel had a block up. A block around her mind. I had access to her whole body, the physical aspect of it, while her thoughts, feelings and memories were concealed. I considered putting my own block up. Maybe that was what aliens normally did. Actually, that was probably what aliens normally did. Maybe it was the polite thing to do. But even as I was thinking it, I wondered if I would be as adept at healing if I had a block up.

”Promise I won’t peak,” Isabel said quietly. Ironically, she was no doubt reading my mind right then.

Pushing the nagging feeling that Isabel was actually reading my thoughts or going through my mind right then and might continue to do so even if she said she wouldn’t, I searched out the wounds in her skin through the connection. Once I arrived at the location, it was actually more straightforward than I remembered it being. My mind guided the tissues together, reconnected tarnished blood vessels, smoothed the skin. Leaving no scars.

I was good at breaking connections. At that, I was a natural. Once I was done, I immediately stepped out of Isabel’s mind, glanced down at her unblemished skin before looking up at her rosy face.

”You did good,” she said, sounded a tad proud, but also slightly surprised.

I gave her a nod, being a bit speechless at my own accomplishments.

Isabel smiled softly. ”Thank you.”

I swallowed and found a trembling voice, ”No problem.”
His hands moved gently over my skin, along the curve of my waist, down the shape of my bottom. The water was balmy and soothing, cocooning us in warmth and relief. I looked up to find him watching me, his amber eyes emitting the kind of love that had my toes curling against the tiled floor and my center heating with desire. The look that made me feel like the most special girl in the universe. The look that made me feel like I was the only girl in the universe. The look that made me feel wanted and desirable.

I moved my hands up his wet muscular arms, taking distracted mental notes of the small bumps of wounds and dried blood (he hadn’t healed them yet), shaping my palms into the curve where his shoulders connected with his neck. His shoulders, broad and well-defined with muscles, were as sexy as always, producing pleasurable chills that had me press my thighs tightly together to quell my urges.

He loved looking down at me when I had my face raised into the stream of the water, my eyes closed, letting the water wash reassuringly over my features. He didn’t tell me, but I could see it in his mind. Through his eyes I could feel his adoration, his pride, his gratitude, his love, his relief. I could see how closely he was looking at me, at my dark eyelashes wet with water, at the warm flush on my cheeks, at the redness of my lips, at the way the droplets got trapped in my eyebrows, how the water made my dark hair darker.

With my eyes closed, the soft warm water flowing down my face, I continued to watch through his eyes, through the connection. I followed his gaze downwards, down the protrusion of my collarbones, down the slight swelling of my breasts. My thighs clenched as I felt his intense lust when he paused at the dark aureolas of my nipples. He loved my breasts. Loved how they fit in his hands. Loved how the nipples reacted to his touch. Loved my sighs when he cradled them.

I had to struggle to keep my eyes closed. I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted to kiss him. But something about the situation, something about how he was slowly looking me over, had me pause. He needed this quiet moment.

There was a twinge of sadness as he moved on to my ribs. His large hands were holding my waist, both his thumbs now moving up to brush against the sharpened edges of my bottom ribs. Through his eyes I saw how small I had become. How thin I was. How the healthy and protective layer of fat had disappeared to almost nothing, making all my bones jut out.

His hand brushed over my stomach, resting it flat against the lower part of my abdomen for a long second, but I didn’t have the chance to analyze the conflicting emotions that went through him at that point before he had moved on.

When his fingers lightly brushed through the kinky hair at the apex of my legs, I couldn’t hold back any longer.

Opening my eyes, I met his blackened gaze. My hands traveled from his neck to the sharpness of his jawline. He had lost weight too. I brushed my thumbs over his thin stubbled cheeks, our eyes trapped in each other.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the water run in streaks from the tips of his black thick hair, the bronze of his male (oh so very male) body accentuated by the adorning water.

Our bodies were tired. Bone-weary would not even begin to describe it. But his fingers were still between my legs, caressing me slowly but with certainty. He knew my body by now, even without the clues of being able to see into my mind and feel my emotions.

Exhaustion would not hinder us from touching, and would not stop us from finding home and solace in each others’ bodies. We were finally alone. Without a threat to our lives. We were finally free to do whatever we wanted and no longer required to do anything.

It was still difficult to wrap our minds around our new reality. We couldn’t quite let ourselves relax.

But right now, we were alone. Alone in a bright light-blue tiled bathroom with the bathroom door locked and our family safely spread out in the rest of the house.

To be honest though, with Max’s fingers touching me intimately, our families were the last thing on my mind. My boyfriend’s wet and pink lips were far more interesting, and in the cascade of warm water (we would most likely use up all of the warm water) I rose to the tips of my toes and pulled his face towards mine in one fluid motion.

His lips were heaven. Insistent, restless, hungry, but at the same time soft and pliant. He tasted like he always had tasted; powerful and gentle, salty and sweet. With every stroke of our lips together, with every dueled turn of our tongues, the heat within my body increased.

Our lower bodies pressed together. My lust for him was obscured by the wetness of the shower, but his longing for me was more than obvious.

In a whirl of gasps and moans, his hands moved to my waist and with a firm hold he lifted me up the length of his abdomen and I naturally wrapped my legs around his hips. One step forward and he had us pressed against the shower wall. His hard unyielding body held me in place against the equally unmoving wall, leaving his hands free to wander.

Oh, and wander they did. By alternating soft caresses with brushes and squeezes, he touched me everywhere, setting my body on fire.

I tore away from his heated lips to kiss down the bend of his neck, touching the life that pulsated in his jugular with the tip of my tongue, with my open-mouthed kisses. His muscles rippled and clenched underneath my wandering hands.

In seconds, I was so riled up that I could barely function.

And then he was inside of me. Technically, it should have been a bit difficult, but we were Max and Liz. Apparently, nothing was a challenge for us anymore.

With a loud gasp, I softened in his arms, both of us pausing in the moment. Feeling, breathing heavily, clasping our bodies together.

My forehead rested against his shoulder, my own shoulders moving up and down with every quick breath, and the tears were already rolling down my cheeks. The grip of my arms across his shoulders tightened. I wanted him close close close.

”We’re okay,” Max mumbled in my ear and my heart swelled almost painfully at the soft timbre of his voice only because I loved his voice so much.

”We’re okay,” I agreed, my voice wavering with emotion.

”I love you so much.”

I pressed my lips together to keep frantic sobbing at bay while I nodded my head against his stable shoulder and got out, ”I love you even more.”

He chuckled and kissed my cheek. ”Not possible.”

My swollen heart melted at the innocence of that peck on my cheek, while he was still inside of me, his desire raging through his body. His desire was undeniable not only in his mind but in the heat of his body. The water from the shower cooled in comparison.

I lifted my head off his shoulder to look up at him, but the light made me freeze.

The light that was all around us, surrounding not only our bodies but filling up the whole shower. The whitest light I had ever seen; still it didn’t hurt my eyes. It was gentle and pure. I met Max’s eyes, the glow around us making him look amazing. Indescribable.

”You’re so beautiful,” I told him in awe.

”You’re dazzling,” he responded and emphasized it by giving me a dazzling smile.

I laughed and fused our lips together, still giggling while we kissed, before I pulled back and told him again that, ”I love you. I love you. I love you.”

He smiled. That crooked sexy smile. The smile he had teased me with at the beginning. Before we were together. Before we were allowed to be together. When I had mostly been angry with him. Before we had embarked on the adventure of our lives.

”I can’t get enough of you,” he said, his voice husky, and then he moved inside of me.

I gasped at the sensation, the beautiful feeling of having him inside, of being as close as physically possible, at sharing the pleasure and feeling his love. Because I truly felt his love like this. Felt it radiate into me.

I fused our lips together again while he slowly moved inside of me in a delicious rhythm that only made me ache for more. My body was burning up and I reached out and turned the temperature dial of the faucet down a bit.

I felt his back muscles contract as I held on, felt the tightness of his ass and the back of his thighs against the heels of my feet. My legs kept sliding down his legs, losing their position, losing their strength with his every stroke. But he caught me every time, his capable hands wrapping around the softness of my thighs and pulling them back up to rest on his hips.

I brushed my finger over his nipples, felt them stiffen, felt his pace inside increase. He groaned in my ear, digging his fingers into my thighs, the heels of his palms pressing agains the sides of my quivering knees.

Only the top of my back was in contact with the wall right now, he was hugging the rest to him as we felt and loved our way to the brink.

I came before him, right before he pulled out. He was more careful now. We didn’t have any protection and having babies were still not on the agenda.

My feet hit the floor as he pressed my body tightly against his, coming between our embraced bodies. He slowly kissed my neck, kissed my cheeks, kissed my eyebrows.

And then we both started laughing.

”’Let’s take a shower’, you said,” I laughed with tears of joy in my eyes, quoting what he had told me before we had entered the bathroom together. ”’Nothing more. We don’t have the energy for anything more’.”

His cheeks were beautifully red when he looked down at me, a self-conscious smile on his lips. Wordlessly, he shrugged, looking young and playful.

I shook my head slowly and mumbled mostly to myself, ”We should know by now that we can’t do anything together naked without it ending up like this.”

I stilled as he placed his index finger under my chin and angled my face upwards to meet his somber look. With earnest warmth, he tenderly told me, ”I’ve missed you.”

It sobered me right up and I reached up to cradled his bearded cheek in my hand. ”I’ve missed you too.”

We looked at each other quietly for a couple of seconds, slowly becoming aware of the shower still pelting down on us and being reminded of the true purpose of this trip to the shower.

With a regretful sigh, Max said, ”Let’s finish up.”

I nodded, but remained looking at him as he reached behind him and grabbed the shampoo bottle. He was still glowing. We both were.

I most likely dozed off sitting on the lid of the toilet, wrapped up in a thick bath towel, because sitting down to watch Max shave his several days’ old beard off had been the last thing I remembered before waking up in Max’s bed.

I came to with a start, ghosts of the past few weeks breathing down my neck, and felt Max’s strong arm contract where it was lying across my naked back. I looked at him, lying next to me, as he groaned slightly and used his arm to pull me closer. As far as I could tell, he was still asleep.

We were both on our stomachs and Max had not bothered to dress either of us in any sleeping attire. But truly, what would be the point of doing that? Feeling your partner’s naked body against your own was the best comfort one could get.

He was sleeping soundly, mouth slightly open, a small circle of saliva on the pillow underneath his mouth. I smiled at this, thinking of the normalcy of it. Of how I had never seen him drool in his sleep. I don’t think he had ever slept deeply enough to do so.

He looked younger, more like the 16-year-old he actually was, with his hair sticking in every direction. Most likely a result of him going to bed with his hair wet from the shower.

I felt peaceful, which was reflected in my adoring smile as I reached over and brushed my fingers through his hair. He mumbled something in response, but he didn’t wake.

Like a lovesick fool, I gazed at him for a couple of minutes, my mind simultaneously harmonious and busy. I thought of everything that had happened, of everything we never had the time to process.

After Command’s death, after Max had healed his father and I had healed Isabel (successfully, I might add), we had driven to the Evans’ residence. The war was over. Just like that. There was still questions as to exactly what had happened. Questions that I bet Dresden and Mr. Evans, to name a few, were busy trying to answer right now.

How had we managed to kill Command?

Why were all of Command’s men (at least the ones that had been present in the tunnels) suddenly ’good’? Why had some of them survived the shockwave while some had died from it?

The resistance was busy ’cleaning up’. They already had fairly good idea about who had been on their side and who hadn’t. Our enemies were currently being rounded up and put away at the Institute for further questioning and evaluation. There was talk about Max and I doing the whole shockwave-thing to ’cure’ the enemies that had not been in the underground tunnels when Max and I had died, and had thus not been hit by the shockwave.

Of course, no one really knew if the shockwave of energy could be repeated without actually having to kill us again. Something that Max and I were not so keen on.

But right now, we were left alone. Right now we were in the comfort of Max’s house, recuperating. Looking at Max, sleeping like the dead, I wondered how long we had been asleep and what the rest of the group was up to.

I debated with myself whether to stay. Max looked so comfy. I loved snuggling in his warmth. The mattress was really soft and smelled clean. I loved the soft sounds of Max’s breathing and how it was occasionally broken by a light snore.

But curiosity won me over. I needed to explore.

I leaned over and placed a soft kiss on Max’s lips. I felt his consciousness click on in my head like a low-energy lamp, slowly gaining strength.

Without opening his eyes, his arm tightening around my body, he grumbled in a voice heavy with sleep, ”Where are you going?”

I brushed at his fringe. ”Go back to sleep. I’m gonna use the toilet,” my stomach rumbled and I laughed softly, ”and see if there’s something to eat.”

He inched one eye open, dry and slightly bloodshot. He looked exhausted.

Voice raspy, he continued, ”You’ll be okay?”

I smiled. ”I’ll be fine.” I pressed my body up against his and he automatically turned on his side to be able to embrace me fully, melting our naked bodies together in a warm hug. We both sighed in contentment. I stilled there for a moment, before adding, ”Besides, I have mean alien powers now. I can take care of myself.”

I peeked up at him, wanting to catch his reaction.

Without opening his eyes, he smiled and subtly shook his head. ”Yeah yeah.”

My smile softening, I whispered, ”Love you.”

”Love you,” he answered back, but his voice was weakening and the ’you’ ended with a snore.

He was already asleep again.

I rolled away from his warm body and climbed out of the king-sized bed. The grey linen curtains were drawn across the large floor-to-ceiling windows, but the sun was inching in from between the cracks, spreading longingly along the dark wooden floor. It told me that it was either late morning or day outside.

The room felt more chilly than it probably was after having just left the warm bed, and I looked around for some clothes.

The room was tidy. There was the lingering feeling of it having been uninhabited for a long time. A staleness in the air and a stillness over the furniture.

Forgetting my unclad state, I slowly walked around the room. The few times I had been here, I never really had had a chance to explore. I looked at the photos in the frames, the ones of a happy Max, the ones of a laughing Isabel. My chest tightened with pain when encountering the smiling face of Diane. Diane, who quickly had become like a second mother to me. Who had lost her life so unfairly, so horribly.

We were both without a mother now, Max and I.

I swallowed back the tears, swallowed back the darkness that threatened to invade the serenity of this room, and moved on.

The floor was cool against my bare feet and I tried to walk as lightly as possible to not disturb Max while my hand brushed over frames, over shelves and various pieces of memorabilia. I knew, by reputation, that Max was good at sports, but seeing all the awards on top of his dresser made me realize that there was a lot about Max’s ’normal teenage life’ that I knew very little of. In my attempt at avoiding him all my life, I had missed out on his big accomplishments as a human boy. Something that I was desperate to share with him, especially after what we had gone through.

I looked over my shoulder at his sleeping frame, the comforter slowly and rhythmically rising with his every breath, his hair sticking up enough to be visible even from the distance I was at now.

Still asleep.

All those guitars propped up against the wall and I had barely heard him play.

I swallowed back the sadness and straightened my back. I was falling into a pit of ’what ifs’ and regrets and I wouldn’t let myself go there. I needed some light right now or I would… I was afraid of what might happen otherwise. I was afraid of what might happen if I let everything that had happened loose.

Taking a deep, soundless sigh, I - as quietly as I could - opened one of the drawers to the dresser and found his underwear and socks.

Of course. First drawer is always underwear and socks. Max was more human than he thought.

I pulled out a pair of both before I moved on to the next drawer and systematically found both a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt.

His boxers were like a skirt on me. The intended heels of his socks went up to the bottom of my calves. The sweatpants pooled around my legs, but I found a belt to keep them up around my waist, and the T-shirt almost reached well down my thighs.

But at least I had clothes on. I gave my beloved one final glance before I quietly left Max’s bedroom.

I heard voices from downstairs once I got out of the room, but I ignored them in favor of going to the toilet. My bladder felt like it was about to explode.

Having taken care of that minor problem, I washed my hands, washed my face, and went into the hallway. The voices from downstairs reached my ears again. Descending the stairs, I could make out Maria’s (let’s be honest, it was the clearest and loudest one there) and Isabel’s voices. But there was also the occasionally low-key huffing, where I couldn’t make out any words, which I assumed to be Michael. And there was…

Reaching first level and stepping around the corner to the kitchen, I filled in my own suspicion with a surprised ”Amy?”

Maria’s mom was frying something (by the smell of it, I would assume pancakes) at the stove, situated in the kitchen island in the center of the kitchen.

Her cheeks were red with life and her movements as energetic as I had remembered them to be when she looked up in response to her name being called.

My impromptu arrival ceased all conversations in the room and I had a moment to register that the kitchen was occupied by, excluding Amy, Maria, Michael, Alex and Isabel.

Then the moment was over and Amy dropped what she was doing - quite literally; the spatula that had just been in her hand bouncing off the edge of the frying pan and ending up forgotten somewhere on the floor - to happily exclaim my name and briskly round the kitchen island with open arms.

She wrapped me up in her bosom and squeezed me tightly, enveloping me in the smell of childhood and motherhood.

”I’m so glad to see that you are alright, Lizzie,” she breathed into my ear, her voice cracking with restrained tears.

”Ditto,” I told her and returned her hug with equal tightness. I had worried about Amy as well. I had been worried about Maria’s mom ever since Michael had rescued Maria from Command’s men when they had attempted to abduct her simply because she knew me.

Despite the fact that I had continuously been assured that Amy was being protected, it was still a relief to see it with my own two eyes.

”My turn,” Maria said next to us.

”Patience, grasshopper,” Amy told her daughter as she pulled back. She had tears in her eyes as she looked at me. ”Really happy to see you.” She said it with such affection that it moved me to tears. Tears I tried to constrain.

Instead, I laughed and hugged Maria. ”Hi, girlfriend.”

”Hey, sleepyhead,” Maria teased, but the honesty of her tight hug was anything but teasing. She released me and added, ”Where’s Max?”

”Asleep,” I replied.

”I never knew one could sleep that much,” Michael said from the kitchen table.

”Your dad is still asleep too,” Maria told me.

I frowned. ”How long have I been asleep?”

Maria looked at the kitchen clock, humming, ”About a day.”

”As in… a night?”

”No,” Isabel intervened. ”As in 28 hours.”

”Right,” I mumbled, more than a little shocked by this. Was it even biologically possible to sleep that much?

On the other hand, I did feel incredibly rested.

”Hungry?” Amy asked, already back at governing her pancake station.

My stomach growled so loudly in response that it had everyone in the room laughing. Well, everyone but Michael. He didn’t seem that easy to trick into laughing.

”I take that as a ’yes’,” Amy concluded at the same time as Alex snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

Nerves had me jump at his sudden touch, but I quickly settled into his aura and the calmness of it. He put his chin on my shoulder and pressed his cheek against mine while I settled my hands over his, already resting on top of my abdomen.

”Everything okay?” he asked.

I nodded. ”Yes.”

It didn’t bother me that everyone kept asking. It felt good to be amongst friends and family. It warmed me to the core that everyone seemed to have been so worried about me, that even my newest family (Isabel, and perhaps Michael) seemed to care.

”You?” I asked quietly.

”Never been better,” he replied. ”Especially now that you have saved the world.”

”Ha ha,” I humored him, trying to make light of his words.

But I guess it was true. With some modification. I didn’t actually think that we had saved the whole world, but maybe the world my friends and I were living in at least.

”Come on, sit over here,” Isabel called out from the kitchen table, patting on the seat next to her.

I looked at her in slight disbelief but saw nothing teasing in her aura. She was genuinely happy to see me and seemed honest about wanting me to sit next to her. We had grown closer during our time spent at the hostel, where she had rebuilt my confidence and body up after the time spent in captivity, but we had never had the chance to just be around each other under normal circumstances.

Maybe that would all change now.

”No, Liz will be sitting next to me,” Maria corrected.

”Your Loverboy is sitting next to you,” Alex pointed out.

Michael’s face turned a two shades darker red and Maria promptly stepped up and slapped Alex on the arm.

”Ouch!” he cried out and let me go in favor of trying to catch Maria, who was already fleeing.

Alex had confirmed what I had already seen hints of earlier. Maria and Michael were a couple.

”Did you hear the news, Liz?” Isabel said, her hand gestures beckoning me to sit next to her. ”Michael and Maria are an item now.”

Michael looked ready to pop, his face turning redder and redder, his lips practically non-existent from him squeezing them so tightly. His eyes were black as he flickered them between Alex and Isabel.

”Uh,” I got out, glancing uncertainly between my friends.

I was not used to this banter between my two groups of friends. Even Amy was joining in. Without fear, she placed a plate with pancakes in front of Michael. A pancake decorated with chocolate chips and maple syrup to look like a smiley face.

”Whenever Maria is grumpy, I make her Smiley Pancakes,” she told him simply. ”Works like a charm.”

”It doesn’t,” Maria grumbled, plumping down next to Michael, slightly out of breath after running away from Alex, crossing her arms across her chest.

”Whenever they think we don’t see, they can’t keep their hands off each other,” Alex informed me and I immediately looked at Michael. At the red exploding in his aura, at the clenching of his fists, the tightening of his jaw.

”Alex…” I warned, expecting disaster to strike.

But then Maria put a hand on Michael’s bicep and right where her hand touched Michael’s skin, his aura started changing. A beautiful green, just like the one surrounding Maria, blossomed in Michael’s aura at the point of contact and slowly spread throughout his whole aura.

Amazed, I observed his body language start to change according to the changes in his aura. He visibly relaxed, his body started to slump with the lack of annoyance, and the redness to his face cooled.

”They’re just trying to get a rise out of you,” Maria told him gently.

He gave her a soft look, reserved only for her, before he raised his eyes and glared at the rest of us.

”Shut the fuck up about Maria and I,” he warned, his voice so gruff and sour that it had the opposite effect of his intention.

Everyone started laughing. Even Maria. Eventually Michael kinda smiled too.

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 116 4/8/17 p. 100

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

What a wonderful way to start my day!

Off to read! I am a spoiled girl! :mrgreen:
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh, fantastic part! :D

As I read the part about Max's Body, it let me remember at the scenes from Skinwalkers, when JB and the others are all into sex...

But JBehr's body! I will remember for a really long time! LOL What can I do, I am a woman afterall... :oops: :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks... its looking good for them, now that the war is over... At least, I hope... Thanks EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

I am such a happy bunny! Literally!!!! Jumping up & down with happy smile :lol: :lol:

So happy to see them relax, after rejuvenated shower & sleep :) I wonder what Max is dreaming about :oops:

More Maria & Michael please :wink: and of course Isabel & Alex!! :wink:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Of course Max and Liz had missed each other...........
But that shower.........hot.....hot....hot!
It's great to see them get some sleep and now Liz is up checking in with everyone.
Looking forward to more,
Carolyn