Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 113 2/24/17 p. 95

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please come back and post more really really soon? I can't wait to find out if Max and Liz will live through this. And I can't wait to find out what will happen next for Max and Liz after they win. I hope Jeff Parker, Maria and others are safe.

L-J-L 76
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Author's Note

Post by max and liz believer »

Hi everyone!

A short update :D I'm currently in Austria on vacation, skiing. So I haven't been able to write that much. But I have a pair of brand new ski boots, which are giving me some trouble. I went to a skistore here in Austria yesterday and they told me that the people at the store in Sweden (where I bought the boots) had sold me too small boots. My toes are really squeezed in and it hurts really badly to ski. Yesterday, the toes were okay after a night of sleep, but last night was not enough for recuperation. I woke up with a throbbing left big toe, which meant that I didn't want to put on any shoes today, especially not ski boots.

So while fiancé is going into the slopes today, I'm having a day at "home" (the rented apartment), in bed. Resting my toe. But the bad news for me is good news for you. It means that I've managed to finish the next update. I'm just gonna read through it one last time before sending it off to my beta. Hopefully, she'll be able to edit it rather soon and I'll post it as soon as it's returned to me.

Sorry about the wait, you guys. I truly appreciate your support and your bumps :D Even the turkey threats :roll:

- Jo

P.S. The next chapter is a bit longer than my "average" chapter length. Instead of 6 pages (measured in Mac's "Pages"-program), it's 9. Hopefully that'll make up for the delay a bit :roll:
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) A/N 3/8/17 p. 96

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Sorry to hear about your feet. Hopefully you will be able to go outside with your man soon and have some fun together.

L-J-L 76
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

L-J-L 76 wrote:Sorry to hear about your feet. Hopefully you will be able to go outside with your man soon and have some fun together.

L-J-L 76
Thank you <3 My toe already feels much better, so there'll probably be some skiing tomorrow :D
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Have fun skiing tomorrow and stay warm.

L-J-L 76
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Skis are not important, if you're not professional in this sport but shoes are... Next time, I guess that you will remember that... at least, you can still go walking and have a nice walk in this wonderful world of snow!

Enjoy... EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Maybe the snow shoe/ski people were sadists. Or just jealous that you were going on vacation and they were stuck working. :wink:

bounces around

See how patient I am?

bounces

I should get a medal.

bounces

Hope you're having an amazing time skiing!
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

ONE ONE FOUR

Eve (begonia9508)
If I think a the title, I guess I have to believe you... otherwise the Story would have been known "Breakable, no!
You have a good point there 8)

Thank you so much for the feedback!
Skis are not important, if you're not professional in this sport but shoes are
Well, yes. I don't have very advanced skis, but I was a bit disappointed that the ski boots were not right for me (since I did get help by the store clerk to pick them out). They didn't come cheap. I've always rented before, but now I wanted to have my own. In hindsight, I should have rented. Or at least bought the ski boots in a store where the clerks were good at knowing which boots were right for me. The guy that helped me get the ones I have now obviously didn't do his job very well and it was naïve of me to completely trust his judgement. Ah well. I might just have to sell the ones I bought and rent next time instead.

Carolyn (keepsmiling7)
This is really getting creepy!
Eye contact is scary......especially with the Command.
Then wax dolls from the museum chasing her..........
Sure glad it is daytime and I don't have to worry about this trying to go to sleep!
I completely agree.

L-J-L 76
All I can say is OH MY GOD!!!!!
I fully understand that reaction.

Thank you so much for the feedback and for the bumps! :D

SmileeUK
:shock: :shock: :shock:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
No No No no no no...........,
It is not happening!!! M&L CANNOT be disconnected!!! Don't let Command play with you. You can fight back!!!! <hurray up>
Everything happens for a reason. I'm sure that's not a comfort at this point though :roll:

Natalie36
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT
:oops: :(

Thank you :D

Helen (roswelllostcause)
Hell no! Get back here! This is pure evil leaving it there! Max and Liz can't lose!
Sorry... :oops:

Thank you for the feedback!

Ashley (Morning Dreamgirl)
Jo! You know what I've just realized?! According to your AN you've been feeling blah the last few weeks, right?

We're going to have, like, thirty happy chapters soon! Cause that's the way you write, remember?

does an embarrassing twirly-jumping up-and-down-happy girl-fan-dance

Ahem. composes self
*laughs* Maybe... Only, the story is at its end, so I might not have room for 30 more chapters (happy or sad). That said, there might just be a second part. Who knows? :roll:

Thank you for all the bumps *cough* harassments *cough* :mrgreen:
Now, haul in your turkeys. Pleeease :roll: Because the next chapter is here :D
Gobble gobble
*shudders*
Maybe the snow shoe/ski people were sadists. Or just jealous that you were going on vacation and they were stuck working. :wink:

bounces around

See how patient I am?

bounces

I should get a medal.

bounces

Hope you're having an amazing time skiing!
I didn't go skiing today either. My toe is still not well and it was raining today, so a lot of people skipped skiing anyway. Hopefully I'll be able to go tomorrow, since its our last day before commencing our two day trip home.

And I don't think they're sadist. They were just not experts. Unfortunately :|

You're extremely patient. I can tell :wink: :mrgreen:

From ONE ONE THREE:

I managed a weak energy blast, fired straight at Command, only strong enough to sting him. If it had actually hit him. Instead of at least harming him some, I watched it splash against an invisible wall in front of his face, like a big splash of white paint, before it disappeared.

Command had a protective field too. I shouldn’t be surprised.

It happened too quickly after that. Our protective barrier blinked out, leaving us completely vulnerable. Before Max had a chance to reinstate the field, Command turned his head towards Max in an unnaturally quick manner and in that instant a shockwave went through my body and my heart stopped.

My hand brushed along Max’s leg as I fell, automatically trying to stop my fall. But I had no strength to hold on.

My head hit the ground so heavily it should have hurt. But I felt nothing.

That last second extended into forever. My eyelids moved slowly as my eyes blinked. The concrete was cold and rough against my cheek. Max was already next to me, having fallen at the same time. His eyes were wet as they looked into mine, his mouth moving slightly in slow-motion. Maybe he said something. Maybe his mouth was just moving in a last breath.

In that last second I saw something go out in his eyes, like light fading.

Then the last second ran out and, with that, I died.

ONE ONE FOUR

I was running. My legs were short and clumsy, but fast. The wind caught in my loose long hair and the bright morning sun kissed my face.

My mouth was laughing. Long chains of pearly laughter.

I felt light. Carefree.

Mom’s hair was warm reddish brown, the curls looking soft and inviting around her smiling face. She was holding her arms out, welcoming me into a hug, her legs bent to come down to my height.

I knew that she had been gone for several days. I couldn’t remember where she had been. I just knew that I was over the moon delirious with happiness about her return.

”Come here, Lizzie,” she encouraged me. As if I needed any encouragement.

My legs were hurting now. Stumbling. They were getting tired and felt heavy.

Mom seemed further away. I frowned at the realization, my laughter fading.

I inhaled sharply, the laughter dead now, and yelled, ”No, Mommy! Don’t go!”, my four-year-old lungs aching for air.

My body was telling me to stop, but I couldn’t. I needed to get to mom. I could make it. I had to make it.

”You can do it, honey,” mom told me, her voice sounding far away, muffled. Through a fog I saw her warm smile shake and grow weaker.

She was even further away now, the distance between us growing like someone had zoomed a camera lens, making her shrink into the size of one of my Barbie dolls.

”I’m coming,” I tried to yell, but I was panting too hard.

I fell, my knee hitting the graveled road, the small pebbles digging into my young flesh. The pain shot up my leg and radiated from the palms of my hands which I had used to try to stop my fall.

Tears instantly sprung up in my eyes, but I squeezed them back. My throat was thick with repressed pain as I turned my eyes upwards again, to search out my goal.

But she was barely visible.

The bright morning sun had disappeared behind a grey cloud, casting shadows and darkness over the ground below, while veils of fog were moving in around me. Cold rushed up over my arms and the pain in my knees and hands was rapidly forgotten while a feeling of loneliness and abandonment wrapped around me.

No. Wait.

It wasn’t emotions sneaking up on me. It was dark creatures. Creatures with large bottomless black eyes, no mouth, and large heads. Creatures that looked like giants, with long bony fingers and large palms, with long legs and wide upper bodies.

They were coming from all directions, moving in on me in a slow circle.

Those tears that I had fought now flowed unhindered down my cheeks. I was so scared I didn’t know what to do. How to breathe. How to move.

Instead I squeezed my eyes so tightly shut that it hurt, wishing them to go away.

Go away. Go away. Go away.

I felt the air around me get colder, chilling the skin of my bare arms and legs, and I knew that it was their presence that brought coldness. I just knew. Behind my closed eyes, the darkness became darker as I felt them around me and I brought my scraped palms up to my eyes to block out even more of what I might see through my thin closed eyelids.

That’s when I felt a sliver of warmth behind me, near the back of my neck. My frantic heartbeat calmed in anticipation. I listened. Listened to whether that warmth had a sound.

My attention was so focused on that small area of heat that I didn’t even jump when something touched me there. Because it was warm and soft.

It was him.

I held completely still as I felt the warmth spread around me, pushing away the coldness.

”Open your eyes, Lizzie,” he whispered and my tears stilled, my heart steadied.

Warm hands were placed over the back of my hands and I let them gently remove the hard pressure from my eyes.

”We did it.” His soft voice was music. Warm, comforting music.

So I opened my eyes and looked directly into golden brown eyes. A young face. A boy’s face.

Him.

The rays of the morning sun was bouncing off his shoulders, off the contour of his head, making him look like an angel.

I squinted against the light.

A small smile crept onto his lips. ”Come on.” One of his hands encircled mine. ”Let’s find your mom.”

I nodded, unable to let go of his eyes, and let him help me to my feet.

The skin felt tight over my knee and there was a sore sensation, but all I cared about while getting to my feet were my surroundings.

I know that I should have kept looking into his eyes, but my curiosity got the best of me. Scanning my perimeter, my heart flew into my throat when I realized that the creatures were not really gone. They were still standing around me, in an almost perfect circle.

Instinctively, my fingers tightened around his hand, before I saw that they weren’t moving. They seemed frozen. Their eyes were frighteningly staring, unblinking. Their chests were barely moving with their indistinct breaths.

Before my watchful wide-opened gaze, they seemed to grow smaller. Their bodies were actually shrinking. They looked like balloon figures, where the air was slowly going out of them. The dark redness of their skin turned lighter and then more grayish, until their skin seemed to lose all color.

Their eyes remained the same size, making them look larger and larger with every shrinking inch of their bodies. My gaze got stuck on the eyes of one of the larger ones. There was something compelling about the lack of expression in that creature’s eyes. Because in contrast to that emotionless gaze, I found myself imagining a building panic in those black holes. As if the immobilization stopped the creature from expressing his fear of what was happening.

And then his face, and the remains of his - now - small body, got scrunched up. Like a piece of paper. Before solidity left the body and the creatures around me simultaneously turned into a fine mist of dust.

My mouth fell open and I kept staring.

They had just… dissolved.

His voice brought my eyes back to his warm - and very human - face. ”Let’s find your mom.”

I nodded, mutely. And with one final look at the dust piles surrounding me in a perfect circle, I followed the boy along the graveled road, careful to not step on any gray ash as I was stepping out of the circle.

When I deemed it to be safe enough, I lifted my eyes from the ground and looked straight ahead. Where my mom was, just as she had been previously. Like nothing had happened.

Arms outstretched. Crouching. Happiness and invitation on her face. Sunlight in her hair.

Clasping his hand tighter, I started running again, pulling him with me. My body was no longer tired. My steps were no longer clumsy. I felt myself grow while running. Felt my legs lose their baby fat, felt them elongate in the wind. Felt my arms grow longer, my waist narrow, my breast grow and become heavier.

With a surprised laugh, I looked down at myself before I looked over at him.

Max. 16-year-old Max.

His eyes were laughing at me, a pensive smile on his lips, as he watched me with something that could only be adoration.

When I practically fell into my mom’s waiting arms, I was grown up, but I still cried like a little girl when I put my head on her shoulder and tightened my arms around her waist.

Her warmth was familiar and comforting. Max was still holding my hand and I knew he was watching me.

”I found you,” I heard him say as I buried my face against my mom’s throat.

The words made me pause. Triggered something. Like a far-away muted voice. A memory.

Then it was there. Like a sudden flash. As if I was transported into some other word. A darker place. With screams and fears. With pain and death.

I was on the ground, feeling life letting go of me, and I watched his mouth move.

”I will find you.”

Those were his words. Those were the final words.

Just as abruptly, I was back to hugging mom. Back to morning sunlight. Back to comfort and safety.

The confusion was all-consuming and I slowly disentangled myself from my mother’s hug. Pulling back, I looked at her face. Looked into her green eyes. Trying to make sense of the situation. Trying to remember.

The truth hit me like a cold hard sledgehammer, straight to my chest. ”You died.”

My whisper chilled even myself. Speaking it out loud made it more real.

Her eyes remained warm and familiar. She didn’t seem fazed by my unusual announcement. Instead she simply agreed. ”Yes.”

The pieces were falling into place. Roughly and violently.

Slowly, I looked over at Max, whose face was open and calm. Serene, almost. I looked back at my mom.

My voice was small, like I once again was that four-year-old girl, when I asked, ”Are we dead?”

Because what other reason was there to me standing in front of my dead mother right now?

Before she had a chance to answer, I continued, frightened now, ”We are, aren’t we? We died.”

”Yes, you did,” mom answered.

My breath caught in my throat. I wasn’t necessarily frightened by the idea of being dead (now that I was), but there was something very off about this situation. Like I wasn’t done.

”We died, but we’re not dead,” Max said then.

I frowned, before I turned my head slowly to look at him. As I did, the sun disappeared and the landscape morphed around me.

Frenzied fear, as though I was being chased by something, suddenly gripped me and my heart sped up. I took an unsteady step towards Max, while watching him evaporate.

”Noooo!” I screamed, instantly finding myself laying on my side, staring into Max’s eyes. His still eyes, empty without life.

Panic came rushing painfully quickly and I immediately wanted to go back, return to the mysterious land of the dead. Because Max was dead. He was still dead. He was left in the land of the dead.

But right before fear managed to completely paralyze me, I noticed the faint white light shimmering above Max’s motionless body, hugging the contours of his shape. Transfixed, I stared at it as it gradually filled in and became less translucent. I noticed the movements within the light, similar to how smoke would move like swirls.

The sight calmed me and focused my mind until my sharpened senses alerted me to myself and my own body.

Or lack thereof.

Because I was no longer a body. I lacked physical shape. I tried to move my hand in front of me to take a look at myself, but could only see white fog. Exactly like the light floating above Max’s body. I tried to figure out how I could see, how I could think and feel, but I fell short of answers.

Instead, like some out-of-body experience I’d heard about in movies and on TV, I was floating above my own body, looking down at it. My real, physical body was not moving. My eyes were still open, but dried from the lack of blinking. For all intents and purposes, I was looking at my own dead body.

The white light over Max’s body next to me moved closer to the fog I was apparently made of. With indescribable warmth, calmness and support spreading through me, the two sources of mist meshed and I felt him become a part of me.

I wanted to laugh, but didn’t know how, when his voice was clearly bemused as he said, Hi.

His greeting was a part of me. I didn’t hear him like a spoken phrase, not even in the same manner as we would normally communicate through the connection. Instead his voice was a part of me, with a lack of a better way to describe it.

I felt completely at peace and I knew then that the white lights were our energies - our souls - and they were meshing together. I felt the power it held and how it slowly made me stronger.

Ridiculously quickly, I - we - were buzzing with charged energy.

Hi, I replied, without having a clue as to how I did it, but it made me feel goofy, wanting to hug his physical body even though he - technically - was more part of me now than ever before.

Before you ask, I have no idea what’s going on, Max told me.

His statements were like my own thoughts, without the sound of his voice. I missed not hearing his voice. I missed the dark timbre of his voice and the warmth he usually used when addressing me.

Are our souls being transported away together? I suggested.

Maybe, after having been connected and dying at the same time, our souls would leave our bodies at the same time and go wherever souls went. Maybe to heaven or some universal pool of souls where we might remain until we were reincarnated into another physical body. Or something.

Maybe, he mused. But if so, why are we still here?

In unison, we looked at our dead bodies on the ground and were hit with the oddity of such a sight, before we collectively scanned our place of death in some silent agreement that the answer to why we were still around would be found in our immediate environment.

There he was. There he still was. Command.

Time didn’t make sense anymore. Time had ceased to be measurable. Events were happening both quickly and in slow motion around Max and I, simultaneously. Even though it felt as if I had been floating above my own body for several minutes, it might have just been seconds. Although Max and I had already exchanged several thoughts (or whatever it was called when there were no bodies with actual brains and thinking processes), I had a feeling that no significant time had actually passed.

With the clarity of details possibly experienced by a hummingbird - where your own actions and decisions moved quickly - we could follow everything in almost painful detail as the pace of the real world seemed to have slowed down. We watched the extremely slow rise of Command’s chest as he filled it with air. We noticed the slow movements of the gills on his face, the small droplets of perspiration at the black openings. We observed every line of the vertically placed holes where a mouth should have been, and had time to see the blood pulsate deliberately and controlled in the blood vessels spread throughout his large brain.

Before, I hadn’t seen the eyes of his alien face blink. I had believed there to be no eyelids, no means of blinking. But I realized now that his bottomless eyes had blinked too quickly for the human eye to pick up on. Now, Max and I watched as Command’s eyes slowly closed like two sliding doors, eyelids coming in from the sides rather than from the top and bottom. It made him look even more reptilian.

I wish I hadn’t seen it. I could have happily moved on to the afterlife or vanished into nothing without seeing that.

Arms slowly rising in front of him, stretching towards our physical bodies, Command’s face was as dead as it always had been. There was no visible emotion at all about the fact that he had just taken two lives. Not even victory. Not even when we could see everything with precise detail.

There was nothing there.

His fingers were long and bony and there were six of them, consisting of four long fingers and two thumbs on each hand. There were no nails or knuckles, making his hands look like the hands of plastic dolls, although much less harmless. Excruciatingly leisurely, his fingers fanned out, making his hands look overwhelmingly large.

It was frightening to see him reach for us like that. The overprotective feeling that came over me was unlike anything I had ever experienced. I was afraid that he would hurt our bodies, which were incredibly defenseless without us inside. Which in itself was ridiculous, since I most likely would never return to that body. Nevertheless, the bond and affection towards my body was understandable. It was the only body I had ever known.

With his attention tuned in to our bodies, I wasn’t prepared to feel him instead affect the form Max and I had become. His long fingers pointed towards the still bodies, we could see as well as feel the white light we consisted of attach to the tips of his fingers and start to get sucked into his hands.

The white smoke which was our current manifestation was forming into long tendrils at the tips of all of Command’s twelve fingers, as if his hands were inhaling us. The area where our energy connected to Command felt ice-cold. The proximity to Command felt more like death than the form we were currently assuming.

We couldn’t move away. We couldn’t detach from Command. Our souls were trapped above our dead physical bodies and all we could do was watch as Command consumed us. Consumed our energies.

It felt like ages before Command made a movement, but it was probably just a few seconds. Slowly, he turned his hands, twisting the palms to face upwards. Equally slowly, those long fingers curled towards the centers of the palms, curving them like they were claws, accentuating tendons flexing at his exposed wrists. The eyelids unhurriedly moved over the black eyes, revealing a sheen of wetness to his gaze when they moved back.

It baffled us. Command looked…taken back. Blindsided. Shocked.

It was the most emotion I had ever seen from him. The most emotion Max had ever seen (and he had known Command his whole life).

With a snap, the multiple attachments of our combined energy to Command’s fingertips were broken. Command continued to coil his long fingers into his hands, while he started to flex his arms at the elbows, pulling his hands closer to his shoulders before lowering them again.

He did this several times, like some odd imitation of showing off his muscles. Or lifting an invisible extremely heavy weight bar at the gym.

But his face told us otherwise. Even with the lack of a mouth and the lack of the redness from flushing blood underneath that thick reptilian skin, there was no mistaken that Command was in pain.

His eyes blinked more often. So often so that we became convinced it would have been obvious even to the human eye. The openings on his face, where he transported oxygen into his body, were closing and opening with increasing frequency, as if he was hyperventilating. The long fingers seemed to stiffen, him not moving them much anymore. The same thing seemed to happen up his arms, making the flexing and extending movements subside.

With widening eyes, he took a step back from our bodies, his body movements inflexible and unnatural. Almost like a robot.

We could solely observe as he continued in this manner away from our bodies. One rigid step after the other, looking like he was going to trip over his own feet at any moment. He almost tumbled into his men, who had been standing some distance behind, as he continued to stumble backwards, his eyes large and empty, staring at our bodies as if they had wronged him somehow. Betrayed him. As if he had been playing with a kitten and then been shocked when it suddenly bit him.

His men looked equally confused, even more so, witnessing their leader stumble uncharacteristically towards them. Some stepped out of the way when he came close, the ones that didn’t move were bumped out of the way by Command’s lack of control over his own body.

Command was parting the sea of his men with his stiffened body, his uncontrolled gait, his hands and arms frozen in claw-like formation. Reaching the center of his army, he turned, almost fell, took one step with his back towards us, before he crumbled.

When he did, Max and I felt the tickling of electricity build. We were quickly gaining power, being charged, building up to something. While Command’s mob stared at their chief hitting the ground, his skin turning increasingly translucent and the small jerky movements of his gradually fossilized body dwindling, we felt the energy reach almost painful levels.

Our enemies’ focus was still on their dying leader when the first shockwave was released from our floating pool of energy. With the rhythm and force of a powerful heartbeat, shockwaves continued to throb out of our combined souls, hitting everything in that corridor.

Lub-dub.

The first shockwave pulverized the already dying body of Command and sent his alliance to the ground. Some fell like a ton of bricks, some dipped to their knees. We saw the fear on their faces, the disorientation, before the next shockwave hit them, sending them all to the floor.

Lub-dub.

The third and fourth shockwave had some of them clenching their heads between their hands, screaming in pain, while others curled up into balls, crying.

Lub-dub.

The final two shockwaves killed a handful of them, turning them either into dust or ceasing their breathing and stilling the blinking of their eyes.

Those final shockwaves moved through our own dead bodies, lifting them off the floor, similar to how a persons chest would lift when defibrillated with a defibrillator when the heart had stopped beating, before they dropped back down between the two shockwaves. Two hits. Two lifts.

The whimpers of the ones that remained alive bounced off the concrete walls, echoing eerily along the corridors. If I had skin, I would have shivered and my body would be covered in goosebumps.

Instead I, along with Max, was filled with a deep sense of calmness and serenity. The buzzing of electricity all around us simmered down. I had a moment to consider that this was the end - that we had completed our mission and that we would be leaving life on Earth now - before the buzzing began to build up again. This time it built to such magnitude that a loud hissing sound broke out, interrupting the whimpering of the men on the ground.

The intense build-up ended with a pop. Like our energy field had been short-circuited. It blinded us for a moment before being overwhelmed by a sensation of falling. Like the hypnic jerk when falling asleep.

My first sensation was heaviness, followed by warmth and a widespread tingle. I became aware of having substance, of the cold ground pressing up against me, a hard beating sensation.

My vision was returning and on reflex, I blinked. The action made me suck in a deep breath, expanding my chest against the relenting surface it was resting on.

I could breathe. I was blinking.

I coughed.

My eyes did not only feel gritty but filled with loads and loads of sand. I blinked again. And again. I tried to move my arm, tried to lick my cracked lips, took another deep breath. Another cough.

Then my vision grew clear and focused on Max. Who was lying next to me. Who was blinking, just like me. Who was slowly and trembling moving his arm towards mine.

Who was alive.

With one monumental effort, I managed to move my arm upwards, meeting him halfway. His fingers weakly clamped over the back of my hand and if my eyes had not been so dry, I would have cried.

His warm eyes looked deeply into mine and a small smile played in the left corner of his mouth as he shakily squeezed my hand.

We were back.

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 114 3/9/17 p. 97

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Yay! Off to read. You go curl up by a fire and get spoiled. :mrgreen:
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 114 3/9/17 p. 97