Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 44, 9/26/15, p. 38

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So sorry for bothering you will you please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to find out if Liz and Max will sleep together and bond. And survive Sean, Sean's father, Mr. Evans and alien race.

L-J-L 76
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

This is takes the notion of having a big sister set her younger brother up to a whole new level. :lol: I am glad I could read all of those chapters at once. I wouldn't have liked waiting.

Though wow. I'm so tore. I want them to do this but on the other side I'm not sure I do. I want them to want it because they like each other and feels it's something they want to do in order to express their love.

But I get where Max is coming from and why he didn't tell her about the idea. He wants it to be about that them too and nothing else. But at the same time either way Liz would be having sex with someone. It might as well be someone she can love. I sure hope it can work. I understand Liz's point of view as well and she was coming from. She's lost her freedom as it is and to have someone she thought had her back in this add to having her freedom being taken away can feel like a betrayal. So I get why she wanted to be a part of making the decision. As she should.

It's interesting that they haven't been on a date but here they are possible having sex. I hope that it can put Liz's fears to rest about not being desirable once they get connected and she can feel how he feels about her. I wonder if they will think make sure she doesn't get pregnant.

Excellent chapters.

Eagerly awaiting more. I really hope they go through with it and all this build up isn't for nothing. :lol:
mezz
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mezz »

Thanks for the clarifications re the bonding. I went and reread the story (coz one's got to do something while they're waiting for the next part - which just in case you hadn't noticed .... you haven't posted yet!! Boy didn't my frustration levels go up when I got back to the last chapter and realised there wasn't yet a new one 8) ) I guess I should just be pleased it's not 4am again. :wink:

It was fun reading it again while having extra information. Couple of things. That statement by Mr E. still has me beat. I guess it could be as simple as 'just have sex once she's Sean's and then there's no bond'. Somehow I think there's more to it though. Although, on second thoughts. Maybe not :? .

Also it was interesting to discover how unaware Max was initially about the depth of the bond. He seemed genuinely shocked when informed by Mr E. about the bond. This confuses me because he'd been comforting Liz and he could only have done that if he was bonded. Which made me think that Liz isn't a normal Gaea. I don't just mean that she's strong. There's something else. Perhaps a bond of sorts had been formed earlier on anyway because Max has always 'cared too much'. He has always seemed to know too accurately what Liz is thinking or feeling. But, maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's just love and many, many years of intense observation.

With Sean killing Mrs P the political power will be shifting. It can't possibly as simple as 'Sean's the next generation' as described by Max. Sean is too young. The Sarge got his power through using Mrs P. He wiped her out in his anger and punishment of Max. The fact that he's lost his gaea now means that he's weakened. That's got to come into play somehow. Looking forward to how this plays out.

The other thing that has me beat is the returning of Liz's burns. How does that happen? Even her arm began to re-fracture. Why did that happen? It can't just be because the healing wasn't finished. Max didn't finish the second time either and the healing seemed to hold then. Odd. But maybe they are already 'double bonded' because Max had to heal Liz twice. Perhaps the next bonding will make them 'triple bonded'. :mrgreen: Oh I don't know. :roll:

When are you coming back?? :D
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

FORTY-FIVE

Post by max and liz believer »

I haven't gotten any question marks about the fine details to the "Unbreakable"-bonding matter, so I'm guessing we're all on board now. Ready to continue... Towards wherever Max is taking Liz :roll:

But first... this;

Ashley (Morning Dreamgirl)
Even though she did tell Max repeatedly that she wanted to choose him and not Sean. I don't see what more she could have done to convince him so it's a very good thing Isabel stepped in when she did.
Boys can be dense. I know this from having four brothers :roll: But to be honest, Max probably has some issues of his own, making it difficult for him to trust that someone might actually care for him that way - even when someone tells you (and shows you) it over and over again. This will become a bit more obvious in this next chapter.
You write transition chapters amazingly well and this one is no exception. I'm not even upset about where you left off (shocker, I know). :wink:
Thank you :oops: Transition chapters are a bit "hard" to get out there, because they can be a bit boring. But they usually need to be told, so I'm glad to hear that they're not too bad :wink:
I am a bit shocked that you were not upset about where I left it. Hehe, nah. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get any threatening feedback at the end of that one...

Liz really really hates lying to Maria. They've been like (insert Forrest Gump quote here :wink: ) peas and carrots most of their lives. And before Max came into Liz's life, Maria was always there - sharing everything with Liz and vice versa. Maria probably feels Liz's absence more than Liz lacks Maria's presence. Liz is, after all, a bit preoccupied at the moment.
Though she might not ever come to the conclusion that it has to do with aliens Liz is almost demonstrating the signs of physical abuse.
This was a really interesting observation. I guess she does, doesn't she? Hiding the truth, not eating, getting thinner, hanging around boys that are not good for her... :? :(
I know that you'll have them talk beforehand. They honestly care about each other too much to treat this like a science experiment.
Yep. You are very correct. This is no "Wham Bam, Thank you Ma'am"-scenario. This is serious. This means a lot to both Max and Liz. And so many things are already outside of their control, that this moment they can at least be in charge of. To some degree. :wink:
Wondering just how Max managed to get Sean to back off for the evening. I have my theories, especially as Sean didn't actually leave Liz's apartment complex but we'll see if I'm right. :mrgreen:
Yeah... *taps chin in contemplation* I wonder...
I'm pretty sure Max has had her number for a lot longer than Liz would ever think he had. :wink: You don't go for years in love with the girl and all but stalking her without knowing almost everything about her (including her phone number). What's surprising is that he actually hasn't texted her by now. I can literally see him on multiple occasions wanting so desperately too, looking at his phone with her name and number, but talking himself out of it for one reason or another. Stubborn man! :wink:
Yes, obviously that would be the most likely scenario. But using her number creates traces in his phone - in her phone, on phone records, in text messages, etc. It hasn't been safe to in any way show that he knows Liz as more than just another girl that goes to his school.
See how patient I am? I'm not even asking how many minutes until you post the next chapter! I'm just sitting here... Eating all the chocolate. I do happen to have one extra bar though... Just saying. :wink:
I guess I'm too late... You've probably already eaten that leftover chocolate bar :? But I have to compliment you on your patience :roll:
Edit: So... Do we get to see glowing in the next chapter? 'Cause I haven't forgotten that comment and I'm interested in the implications. :D
Girl, I don't kiss and tell :roll:

Thank you so much for the feedback!

L-J-L 76
And wondering where they are going to be alone at. Will Max and Liz get past Sean?
This will be answered in the next chapter.
Will Max and Liz talk or just go ahead and sleep together? Will Max try and make it romantic and safe for Liz?
Of course they'll talk :wink: Considering the manner in which Max propositioned them to have sex, they have some sorting out to do first. And Max will always aim to make it safe for Liz. Is he a romantic...? Well, you'll be the judge of that 8)

And answers to the rest of your questions just have to come later :wink:

Thank you for the feedback and the bump!

Carolyn (keepsmiling7)
I loved Liz's concerns for unnatural human fears......
Hihi... I know that I would be freaked out about that, if I were in Liz's position :wink:

Thank you for the feedback!

Helen (Roswelllostcause)
You had to leave there didn't you?
:oops: :oops: I did it again, didn't I?

And you want to use Sean as a test monkey for your spaceship? Sure. Be my guest. He might still be outside Liz's apartment; you can check there first :mrgreen:

Thank you for the feedback!

Alien_Friend
This is takes the notion of having a big sister set her younger brother up to a whole new level. :lol:
*laughs* Yeah... :mrgreen:
Though wow. I'm so tore. I want them to do this but on the other side I'm not sure I do. I want them to want it because they like each other and feels it's something they want to do in order to express their love.
But taking that step might put them in a very dangerous situation... That's part of the problem Max is having with this "solution".
But I get where Max is coming from and why he didn't tell her about the idea. He wants it to be about that them too and nothing else. But at the same time either way Liz would be having sex with someone. It might as well be someone she can love. I sure hope it can work.
It has to be difficult for Max to be sure if Liz really wants him or if she's just "using" him. Not that Max would ever think of Liz to be using him, because his problem has always been that she is forced into this and has been given no choice.
It's interesting that they haven't been on a date but here they are possible having sex.
They would never be able to go on a "proper" date, seeing that someone might spot them doing something forbidden. But maybe there'll be something similar to it - or similar to courting - in the following chapters... :roll:

mezz
I went and reread the story (coz one's got to do something while they're waiting for the next part - which just in case you hadn't noticed .... you haven't posted yet!!
:shock:

You did what?

That's just makes me a bit ridiculously happy. :oops: :mrgreen:
Also it was interesting to discover how unaware Max was initially about the depth of the bond. He seemed genuinely shocked when informed by Mr E. about the bond. This confuses me because he'd been comforting Liz and he could only have done that if he was bonded. Which made me think that Liz isn't a normal Gaea. I don't just mean that she's strong. There's something else. Perhaps a bond of sorts had been formed earlier on anyway because Max has always 'cared too much'.
Either I'm really good at dropping clues here and there or you are just too smart. I'm voting for the second option.
The other thing that has me beat is the returning of Liz's burns. How does that happen? Even her arm began to re-fracture. Why did that happen? It can't just be because the healing wasn't finished. Max didn't finish the second time either and the healing seemed to hold then. Odd.
Don't worry, there's an explanation. It'll be clarified in a future chapter :D

Sorry for posting this in the middle of the night for you, but at least you'll have something to read when you wake up/after work :roll:

From FORTY-FOUR:

He used his free hand to place burning fingers underneath my chin, looking at me worriedly, ”You okay?”

My mouth was dry and my body shook with every emotion imaginable as I nodded mutely.

He gave me a soft smile, mumbling, ”Okay,” before leading me by our connected hands to his car, opening the door to the passenger side and guiding me inside.

In the seconds I had by myself while he closed the door and walked around the back to get to his door, I curled up my fists tightly against my thighs and focused on breathing.

This was really happening. This was really happening.

”Try not to think about it,” Max said as he drove with his headlights off on back roads from my apartment up to the main road.

He turned on the lights as we turned right, onto road 70, before gently taking my hand, which was resting against my thigh. His fingers curled against the top of my thigh at the motion and I glanced at him, feeling feverish, while he laced our fingers together resting the locking of our hands on my leg.

”About what?” I croaked, my mouth devoid of any saliva. I was so nauseous. So nervous.

He glanced at me again, before returning his attention to the road. I liked it when he drove. It meant that I could watch his face, watch him, inhibited. Without having to be self-conscious about staring at him, while he had to focus on staying on the road.

”Tonight is not about sex, okay?”

My stomach turned and twisted at his honesty. Did he really have to say it out loud like that? This whole thing already burned with awkwardness.

”No?” I questioned, intending for it to sound sarcastic, but it fell flat. My voice was too weak.

He brought our interlocked hands up to his lips and kissed my knuckles. Looking at me briefly, he said quietly, ”And it’s not about survival either.”

”What is it about?” I asked, my eyes fixed on the white interrupted lines in the middle of the road as they swished by with the speed of the car.

He returned our hands to their original position against my thigh and said, ”You. And Me.”

My heart tried to convince me to relax, that his words were calming and that I was safe with him. But I was too wired up.

”That’s what scares me,” I said.

He raised the eyebrow closest to me, a tentative grin on his face. ”You? Or Me?”

”Us,” I said, my voice getting a bit stronger the more I talked to him. His presence was having a soothing effect on me. Even if it was awkward, it actually felt a lot better to talk about it out in the open than to just worry and turn it over in my head. I swallowed and added, ”Together.”

Silence wrapped around us and I had time to fear that he would pull away, when he said, ”I won’t hurt you.”

His voice was low and raw. But assertive.

”I know you won’t,” I assured him and hugged my fingers against his. ”But what if something happens, outside of your control?”

He looked over at me silently before inhaling, ”Aliens have been having sex with humans for a long time, Liz. Many times.”

I was blushing. Again. Whenever he alluded to us being together in that way, I couldn’t help but picture him, and my body was assaulted with an inexplicably strong longing for his body.

But I couldn’t quite let it go. ”What if we’re different?”

”So,” he licked his lips. I watched. ”What are you afraid will happen?”

”I don’t know,” I mumbled. How could I know?

A grin crept onto his lips and he said, ”Are you afraid that the pleasure will be so out of this world that you will self-combust?”

I couldn’t help but smile. ”Death by orgasm?”

He looked at me, his grin turned into a genuine smile. ”What a way to go.”

I laughed quietly, some of the tension in my body easing off. ”So there’s nothing that can go wrong?”

He slowly pulled the smile back, answering honestly, ”As long as we trust each other, nothing can go wrong.”

He sounded so sure of himself. So calm. Wasn’t he nervous at all?

”So,” I said, already regretting that I had asked before I finished posed the question. ”Have you done it before?”

He was one of the more popular boys of Roswell High after all. But on the other hand, he was also a hybrid. Maybe he wasn’t that much into ’experimenting’ just for the fun of it. Too much at risk.

Did sex with an alien always lead to a connection or was that something that the alien deliberately initiated?

I frowned, getting distracted by my thoughts.

If the aliens - and hybrids - don’t have any control over when to connect, they would never be able to have causal sex. Right? It would be too dangerous. Too risky.

I bit the inside of my cheek, my inner monologue distressing me. Perhaps casual sex equalled memory wipes.

Max’s slow reply ripped me out of my thoughts. ”I’ve done stuff.”

My distress shifted to instant disappointment. Which was an irrational reaction. Why should I be disappointed? He’s had a life before me.

”’Stuff’?” I asked, trying to keep the tone of my voice light and casual. Like I didn’t care one bit. Like his answers didn’t have the power to rip me apart.

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat and kept his eyes on the road. ”I’ve never gone all the way.”

My body must have believed him, because I felt myself sagging with relief, and his quiet chuckle told me that he had noticed. ”Happy about that, huh?”

”I just-” I shook my head in amusement at my feelings and my irrationality. ”It’s just nice to know that I’m not completely alone in this.”

”Oh no,” he said slowly, his voice husky, stroking my skin like the softest caress, ”You’re never alone in this.”

I worried my lip, dropping my eyes to my lap, shifting my gaze to watch his large hand intimately interlaced with mine. I was very much aware of the feeling of his hand pressed against mine. That small physical bridge between our bodies made my heart flutter nervously.

Naturally, I whispered, ”Aren’t you nervous?”

He surprised me by laughing quietly and I looked up at him curiously.

”I’m shitting myself.”

My responding laughter was one of relief mixed with incredulity. My request for clarification was hopeful, ”Really?”

”I don’t know if you’ve been able to tell, Elizabeth Parker,” Max said slowly, his voice dropping an octave. I swallowed with restlessness as heat burned from the most secret parts of me throughout the rest of my body. ”But you’re it for me.”

His words echoed in my head as I tried to make sense of them. Did he really mean…?

”I’ve always wanted you. I’ve always watched you, knowing that I could never have you. Knowing that - because of your genetic material - you were meant for the military. You’re the most bewitching person… When you walk into a room, it brightens. And I’m not just saying that; everything really gets brighter around you.”

I was becoming numb by his beautiful words, flattered and uncomfortable (by that same flattery) at the same time. So I mumbled for him to stop, before I would break down and confess my undying love for him, ”Max…”

”I never meant to throw you to the shark, you know,” Max said, his voice turning colder and his jaw tightened with guilt along with his left hand around the steering wheel. There was no question about which ’shark’ he was referring to. ”I had, like Isabel probably told you, thought about the possibility that us bonding in every way possible perhaps could help us unify the bond and save us. To strengthen the bond so that we could fight back.”

A small flame of anger flickered in my heart as he brought up the fight we’d had earlier today. I still hadn’t really forgiven him for that.

”But I didn’t want to only give you a choice between having sex with one person or another. It’s bad enough that you’re forced into making a choice that should be yours only, without me pushing you.”

”You made it sound like there was no way out,” I said, my body tight. I was thinking about that night out in the desert, when Max had pleaded with me to come up with a solution to our ’small’ problem.

A shiver of anger vibrated though the tight hold on my emotions as I realized what the look I had caught in his eyes that night had been about. He had been considering the third option.

But he had refrained from telling me, indirectly making me believe that I had no future. That we had no future.

”I know.” He exhaled frustratedly. ”I don’t know why. Maybe I didn’t say anything because of fear.”

I frowned. ”Fear?” He wasn’t the one that was destined to be raped.

But my confusion was immediately replaced by an uncomfortable feeling of concern. Was this because of him breaking the law? The frown marring my eyebrows deepened. But he hadn’t seemed much bothered by being punished before; basically letting me know that he would take any beating there was if it would make me safe. So why now? Why would he be scared now?

His reply surprised me, being very far from what I had expected, ”That you would reject me.”

If his voice hadn’t been so vulnerable, his face so open, I would have laughed at the absurdity of it. Instead I just gaped at him. ”You can’t be serious…” The idea of me rejecting him sounded absolutely ludicrous.

”I’ve always hated my alien side,” Max supplied, his eyes firmly on the road. He seemed to be struggling to get the words out. ”I’ve had my moments of self-disgust and self-hate.” He glanced at me before continuing, ”The thought of someone knowing that I was part alien and therefore finding the thought of being with me abhorrent, is enough for me to just not offer it as an option.”

”Max-”

”I know it was wrong,” Max hurried as he interrupted. ”I know I was jeopardizing your freedom, and I’ve sworn to never let you get hurt-” He cut himself off by hitting his left hand against the steering wheel.

I jumped and he immediately looked at me and squeezed my hand. ”Sorry.” He took a deep breath, probably trying to pull back his anger. ”I’m just stupid. I can’t even justify why I would put you in that position. I mean - Sean could have-” He stopped mid-sentence with a disgusted groan.

”Yes,” I whispered. ”You should have told me. And yes, it was a very stupid thing to do. More than that. Dangerous. I could have died.” I swallowed. ”I still could. If this doesn’t work.”

He opened his mouth to speak, but I wasn’t done, ”But, most importantly, you’re an idiot, Max Evans.”

He swung his head towards me, the car drifting sideways before he quickly pulled it back on track, his eyes still on me. Confused shock edged into his facial features.

”You’re a complete idiot for thinking that I would ever find you disgusting. That I wouldn’t want to touch you or be close to you. That alien side of you; I admire that side of you. I can’t speak for your fellow aliens, but in you - your alien side is amazing.”

I inhaled and continued fiercely with the exhalation, ”You can heal, Max. You supply life. That’s incredible.”

I looked closely at his profile, the borderline defensive tension in his body, the almost compulsive way he was staring out the windshield, and I finished resolutely, ”Plus; you’re an idiot because you thought I wouldn’t want to sleep with you to save my life, even though I have already told you that I’m in love with you. I don’t tell people that lightly. Except for my dad and Maria, I’ve actually never told anyone that before.”

I saw his Adam’s apple bop as he swallowed, his grip tight on the steering wheel, his fingers hugging mine almost painfully.

”You were not completely unprotected last night, you know,” he mumbled, tempting the frown back on my forehead.

And then he throws me another curveball.

”What do you mean?”

”I sent someone to watch you…” he paused. ”When I couldn’t.”

Because he had been enduring his subzero punishment at the time. His admission made me consider if Max had ever watched over me. Before we had reached ’bonded’-status.

Pushing that piece of theory to the side, I asked, ”Who?”

”Alex,” Max replied simply and shot me a quick glance, insecurity flickering in his gaze. ”He told you yesterday, didn’t he? About who he is?”

I pressed my lips together and turned my eyes forward. Yes, he told me that he was my protector. Something that I think you should’ve told me a long time ago.

Instead of waiting for my confirmation, Max said, ”I didn’t get a chance to get in touch with him before meeting you in the Eraser Room. The plan was for him to contact either me or Isabel if something had happened with you and Sean last night, but since he didn’t-”

I narrowed my eyes in thought. ”So how much does Alex know? How much of Sean’s visit did he witness?”

”Everything, I gather,” Max said slowly and I felt a faintness flow through me.

Not because Alex had been watching over me, not even because he hadn’t interrupted Sean (that I knew of, anyway), or that he hadn’t mentioned anything to me today at school.

But because Max had gone along with my fears and examined me, when Alex would have told him if Sean had had sex with me. Rendering the examination unnecessary.

I looked at him briefly, my heart thrumming a worrisome beat in my chest, and I felt betrayed. Violated was too strong a word, but Max had essentially touched me in a very non-platonic way when it wasn’t even necessary.

And now I had agreed to have sex with him. I suddenly didn’t know how I felt about that.

”What?” he whispered and for the first time since this whole thing started, I didn’t want to be in the same car as him.

His hand around mine now burnt against my palm in another way as I vaguely tried to figure out if I should release his hand or not.

First Max goes on about wanting me to be able to choose for myself, not wanting to tell me the one option that could possibly save my whole existence just so that I could be free or some kind of bullshit like that. Then he readily steps up and touches me in a very sexually-

He sighed, apprehension in that exhalation of breath. ”What did I say?”

”You really have to stop lying to me,” I whispered. I was so angry that I could barely sit still.

”That was not a lie,” Max replied evenly, but I could see the worry flash in his eyes before he redirected them to the road.

”I’m not talking about Alex or your attempt at keeping me safe,” I bit out. ”I’m talking about earlier, when I asked you to check if my virginity was still intact and you went along with it-”

He frowned. ”Yes?”

”Why?” My voice was a low roar. ”There was obviously no need to, since Alex would have told you if Sean had touched me like that.”

”Liz-” he started but the shake of my head interrupted him.

”No, Max. No.” Unshed tears of anger, hurt and vulnerability burnt my eyes. ”You can’t just expect me to trust you when you keep messing with my head.”

He hit the brakes so abruptly that the seatbelt snapped sharply against my collarbone as the car slid to a hasty stop by the side of the road.

”What is wrong with you?!” I cried as he turned in his seat in the now still car.

His eyes were blazing, making my breath hitch, as he focused all of his attention on me. ”Listen to me.”

I stared at him in defiance, but gave him the floor to explain himself.

”Like I told you. I hadn’t gotten a status report from Alex by the time I met you in the Eraser Room. I was trying to get a hold of him, because frankly, your note scared the hell out of me, but he wasn’t answering his phone and no one had seen him.”

I glared at him, crossing my arms across my chest. Well, that’s odd, Max, because I had no trouble finding Alex earlier.

He frowned at my glare and I could see the anger building in his eyes - in him. ”Don’t look at me like that. That’s the truth.”

I still refused to speak, which made him sigh in frustration before continuing, ”Isabel was supposed to tell Alex to get a hold of either her or me if you were in real danger or if you were…” His eyes flashed with such rage that I swallowed, my defiance momentarily hiding in the face of that raw emotion, ”…being assaulted. But Alex never contacted any of us. So I assumed that Carter had just worked on getting into your mind and nothing else. But then you start talking about him having sex with you and I wasn’t sure if Alex hadn’t been able to contact me or if something had happened that he wasn’t aware of.”

I shook my head, my anger naturally bringing me back to our previous argument. ”I still can’t believe that you would risk it - risk him raping me when you knew of another option.”

His jaw clenched, his eyes narrowing in anger as he returned my glare. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again, his left eye twitching.

I sighed, feeling disappointed, hurt and betrayed - most of all betrayed - as I turned forward, breaking eye contact with him, and signaled for him to get back on the road. ”Let’s just do this, Max. Get on with it.”

A ripple of something powerful moved through the interior of the car and his intense voice sent shivers (of lust, oddly enough) down my spine as he slowly enunciated, ”I would never touch you like that without your permission. I would never take advantage of a situation like that, just so that I could feel you up.” I flushed as he continued, practically growling, as my whole body tightened with burning desire. ”And don’t ever call what we have a task; something that needs to be done.”

Unfairness coupled with defensiveness exploded in me, disintegrating the desire his darkness seemed to ignite in me, before I whipped my head towards him. I was briefly distracted by the vivid emotions on his face, before I got out, ”How else am I supposed to feel about it? You’re so confusing.”

He leaned in closer, bending over the gear shift, as he said slowly, ”What I did was wrong, okay? I should have let you in on the possibility that us bonding physically could work to strengthen the connection we already have. I get that. I really really wish that I could go back in time and do it in another way. But I can’t, so we’re stuck with me being an idiot and screwing this up. I was not going to let you get hurt. I was trying to buy us time until I found a way to discuss that option with you without me feeling like the villain, forcing myself on you. In the meantime, I was trying to keep you safe from Sean, the only way I knew how. To make him believe that he had you. That his attempt at controlling your mind was working. But not letting him fully bond with you.”

I heard what he was saying, but, ”What would you have done if he had tried to have sex with me, huh?” My tone was challenging him, needing him to convince me before I returned to wanting to trust him. ”Would Alex had burst into my room like the skinny white guy he is and saved the day? Huh?”

Max narrowed his eyes in disapproval and grumbled, ”Something like that.”

But I got the feeling from his response that not even that was completely true. I had started to think that Alex - being assigned as my protector by the same aliens who were trying to use me - was not allowed to protect me against the person that I was supposed to bond with.

If Alex were to protect me from Sean, he would be breaking the law.

”Huh,” I said in a disbelieving tone and leaned back against the backrest, looking away from him. ”I just don’t understand why you couldn’t be honest about it. Why you couldn’t let me know that Isabel and Alex were on our side. That you wouldn’t inform me that I was not alone - instead letting me work up a paralyzing fear for meeting up with Sean, to do something that we had agreed on. Why you couldn’t let me know that you were stalling.”

”And we’re back to that,” Max filled in bitterly. ”That I was hiding a third solution from you.”

I exhaled. ”Exactly.”

He pulled back into his seat, brushing his hands through his hair. ”I’m just trying to do this right. Just like you are. There’s no 100% safe road here and I’m trying to navigate it so that you’ll get the least hurt.”

If we had just met, that would have sounded ridiculous; him trying to get me ’the least hurt’. But unfortunately, it felt as if I was becoming an expert on this new life situation, and I understood perfectly what he meant. There was no completely safe method here. Either he was going to get hurt (which he had) or I was (which I also had). There were only variations in how much.

”Besides,” his voice lowered and he spoke almost as if to himself, ”I couldn’t be sure that Sean wouldn’t stumble upon any of your thoughts while trying to mind control you. If he were to see that we were stalling, that we were considering having sex to annihilate his bond with you, that would put you in great danger. Lethal, probably. So it was best that you didn’t know. Until I had it all figured out. Until I was sure that I wasn’t making you do something you didn’t want to.”

He took a deep breath. ”I’ve seen that you have feelings for me.” He dropped his eyes and his voice was very soft, almost vulnerable, as he acknowledged, ”I understand that you do. Even outside of the bond.”

Well, hallelujah, I thought, a bit too sarcastically. Good thing it was only my inside voice.

”But having feelings for someone is still a far step from sharing your body so intimately with that person.”

I bit my bottom lip and found myself speechless. I even felt a little bad about my outburst. He had a point with all of the things he had just said. Of course he had a point. And embedded deeply within that point was oddly enough yet another way in how he was trying to work around the rules and still protect me.

But I still felt upset that he would consider - even after admitting that he now understood my feelings for him - that I wouldn’t want to have sex with him. Not even to see if it would work. If it would somehow save us.

Silence lowered itself in the car for a second, us both staring through the windshield into the night engulfing us.

I broke the silence by, ”You should really buy your sister something beautiful, because by telling me something you didn’t - out of irrational fear and condemning self-criticism - she might have just saved both of our lives. And she has prevented my first sexual experience from being with Sean Carter.”

Max didn’t say anything. He was still as a statue for several long seconds, before he mumbled - almost grumpily, ”I really should get her something.”

And to my own surprise, I started laughing, the feelings in me needing release - having reached stupid proportions - and I felt the tension in my body ease off.

He looked over at me, a small smile on his face mixing with surprise at my reaction, and a softness in his eyes that I couldn’t quite name or categorize.

”I really am sorry, Liz,” he said, the smile dying on his lips. ”I was trying to protect you from getting hurt, still I managed to hurt you.”

I nodded silently, the laughter running out of me just as quickly as it had arrived. I was not sure if I was ready to forgive him yet. Instead, I watched him start the car and turn back onto the road.

I inhaled deeply and tried to rearrange my thoughts. Get all my ducks back in a row.

”Where are we going?” I asked, my focus on the road. Excluding Max’s small ’break’ on the side of the road, we had been driving for almost half an hour now and I briefly wondered if he was kidnapping me - actually taking me underground like he had suggested just this morning.

”My parents own a house in Hondo,” Max replied and looked at me with darkening eyes. ”We’ll be alone there.”

And we were back to that. Immediately I was thrown back into the purpose of this whole car trip.

My breath trembled in my chest and I directed my eyes to the road, extremely aware of his lingering gaze on the side of my face as I licked my lips.

My nervousness had returned.

Alone. Alone in a house. With Max.

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 45, 9/29/15, p. 39

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

I'm sending you that chocolate bar for posting a couple of hours earlier than normal. :wink:
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I love how Max got Liz out of town without anyone noticing. Cool Alex and Isabel are on Max and Liz's side. glad Max and Liz finally got everything out. And plus the truth comes out. So Max and Liz are going to Max's parent house in Hondo. glad Max admit he never slept with anyone. Hopefully Max and Liz can sleep together without anyone knowing. Will Max and Liz talk or be quiet in the on the way to Hondo? What will Max and Liz talk about? What will happen when Max and Liz get to the house? Will anyone be there? Will Max have it set up to be romantic? What will Max and Liz do? Will Max and Liz sleep together? Will Max and Liz have a unbreakable bond? Will Sean, Sean's father, Mr. Evans find out about Max and Liz sleeping together? Will Sean, Sean's father, Mr. Evans try and break Max and Liz's bond? Will Max and Liz fall in love more with each other? Will Max kiss Liz where everyone can see? What will happen when everyone sees Max and Liz kiss? Will Max and Liz keep sleep together? Will Liz become pregnant? Will Sean, Sean's father , Mr. Evans try and hurt Max and Liz? What will happen when they come home? Will Max and Liz be in trouble? Will Alex and Isabel help Max and Liz anyway they can? Is Maria and Jeff human or aliens? Will Liz find out? What will Liz do when she finds out? Will Max and Liz be able to protect each other for the aliens? Will Max and Liz go on the run? Will Max and Liz be safe? Will Max and Liz keep sleeping together? Will Liz be come pregnant? Will Max and Liz have a really strong bond together? Will Max and Liz get married? So sorry for all the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen when Max and Liz get the house in Hondo.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

It is good that Max and Liz talked things out. Now can they just complete the bond already? I just want Liz safe from Sean! No one should be controlled by anyone else.

I will be sure to pick Sean up once I get my ship up and running!

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

i hope this works :shock:
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

In some way, I understand Liz's nervousness when its about Max's comments but she is sometimes unfair! There is also a lot of risikos for Max; he is betraying his people - even if what they had in mind for Liz is more than disgusting - even if he is sometimes awkward, he will only help her because he loves her!

I hope their reunion will bring a lot more than they expect!!! like super powers or so.... :lol:

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

This is a long drawn out foreplay........
Max admitted he had "done stuff".
Okay, poor Liz is so nervous and I don't blame her.
Just because Max hated his alien side he though Liz would reject him. She told you she loved you!!
I'm glad Alex was protecting Liz all of the time.......
But I agree when she said "let's just do it".
Now I hope they are hurrying to that house in Hondo.
Thanks,
Carolyn