Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 32+33, 8/27/15, p. 29

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Feedback Chapter 32

I want a Pygmy goat too. But I don't have a place to keep one right now so I suffer along without one. :( Darn that whole "responsible adult" side of me. Though, I'm sure the rest of my family appreciates not having another animal (or three!) at this particular time.

Max is adorable. And a sweetheart. Needles are horrible little things and it was sweet (and funny) to see him acting like nothing was going on as he comforted Liz while she was pricked. Even if he acted like he wasn't doing anything I can imagine that he was affected by her staring at him as much as she usually is by his stares. It's nice that she had a chance to stare at him for once. He usually is the one looking at her while she pretends not to notice. A little switch is good for them I think. :wink:

I was so hoping that Maria would bring Jeff to the hospital. It would have been much worse for him to get a call from the school and try and get there himself. He's not really in any condition to be driving. He's really gone down hill fast. I'm wondering just how much more neglect his body can take before it gives out on him. :(

I can't imagine the shock he would have felt at realizing just how much his daughter has been going through without his even realizing it. Even if he hasn't been told the actual truth, what he has been told is enough to cause a reaction in anyone. I'm hoping this brings him back to the world of the living. He needs to start getting some help and taking care of himself better for his daughter's sake.

Maria has been an incredible friend through all of this! I know that I've briefly mentioned this before but she has honestly been one of those people that you just can never repay when all is said and done. She's sort of like an energized Jane Bennett - she's unwavering in her devotion to those she loves. She'll keep giving of herself and rarely asks for anything in return. I sincerely hope that if everything comes out in the open it doesn't drive a wedge between her and Liz. And I hope that she gets some kind of amazing party or something for everything she's done. (Both behind the scenes and what Liz already knows about.) It wouldn't even begin to repay her but she so needs Liz to be there for her as well again. (Not saying that Liz has been in the condition to, but when she is better again and this all sorts itself out - somehow :roll: - a good ice cream session with Maria is just the beginning of their deeper friendship now. :wink: )

It's interesting that Jeff knew exactly who it was that tried to rape Liz. He didn't identify Sean by his name but rather as "the Sergeant's son." I'm quite curious how much he actually knows about the non-humans. Obviously he could know nothing but it would be strange for him to link Sean so immediately to Liz's assault and to actually be willing to not file a police report if Liz decides against it. Most people wouldn't go along with that. It makes me wonder if he's aware of just how dangerous it would be to anger the Sergeant, etc. The aliens weren't the least bit interested in Jeff. So they wouldn't necessarily suspect him of much. Especially if they thought that Nancy wouldn't (or couldn't) tell him anything. But then no one expected Max to tell Liz anything. And Liz wasn't supposed to remember anything either, yet she does... Of course it could all be a part of the paranoia you mentioned in your last feedback response. :wink:

Either way he just seems to know more than he's letting on. And if that is the case it would make sense why he's so depressed. On top of losing his wife he would know that he lost her because he wasn't there to keep them away from her long enough to rest. So the question now (regardless of whether he knows or not) is how he plans on protecting his daughter? No matter what he's not in the best physical shape - and he knows it. How much can he really expect to keep her safe when he can barely take care of himself right now? Like I said, I hope it's enough to bring him back to the living world but is it too little too late for him to try and help keep Liz safe? Especially when we don't know what his knowledge level is regarding everything? :roll:

I'm just hoping that Maria doesn't try to take it into her own hands to confront Sean. That could end really badly for her. She's (easily) mad enough to do it (especially as she sees Liz as super vulnerable right now) but it would literally be the worst thing she could do. Not only would she be in great danger but it would cause more danger for Max and Liz. Liz would (without even thinking about it) step in to the line of fire for Maria just like she would Max. And Max, of course, would do anything to protect Liz. Let's just hope Maria listens once more and leaves it alone like Liz requested.

I'm curious how the police and the school will handle this. Liz was "obviously under the influence of something" and not every drug shows up on a test. The negative result could just mean that they didn't test for the right drug or it's something new they don't know to look for yet. So they'd still be inclined to be suspicious of Sean even if Liz doesn't file a police report.

Not filing a police report would seem to cause more suspicion to fall on Liz from the alien's point of view. After all, they know she's a fighter. So to have her just allow him go get off the hook like that is out of character for her. They have to realize that she knows something. On the upside hopefully it'll make other aliens more accepting of her if she's willing to not say anything. But for those in control it has to raise red flags. :roll:

It will be interesting to see how Alex handles the news. He's bound to find out from Maria even if he doesn't hear about it from the "alien grapevine" so to speak. He doesn't appear to be Sean's biggest fan and this isn't going to help matters. Is there any kind of recourse he can take given that he's an alien as well :wink: ? I'm not necessarily suggesting tossing Sean into the desert (well, not in this paragraph anyways) but at some point someone besides just Max is going to get into it with Sean. He can't keep breaking the rules in this manner and expect to get away with it, even if his father lets him.

Okay - on to the next feedback! :D
Last edited by Morning Dreamgirl on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Feedback Chapter 33

Max is getting better at getting Liz's attention. :wink: Not that he ever had a problem with that before. :wink:

I'm sure that Liz much appreciated being woken up in this manner versus having him wait in the shadows. Me thinks that Max was using an excuse to touch her and kiss her again. With the bond he technically should have been able to wake her up with just a gentle nudge of her mind. Instead he brushes her arm, kisses her neck and starts out teasing her. He's fallen hard. So how much longer until he stops fighting it? You know you want to tell us! :wink:

I think Max took Liz to a place that is a refuge for him. It's might be out in the middle of nowhere but he's obviously been there more than once if there are faint parallel tracks. Makes me curious just how often he leaves to get away from everything; he doesn't really have anyone to talk to so how else would you handle your problems but to try and get away from them for awhile?

He's obviously nervous about something. Otherwise he would have at least attempted to make small talk with her - even if just asked to make sure she was feeling okay after her ordeal and to tell her that they'd be there soon. Something. I realize that it could be that whole death sentence hanging over them but it seems like more than that. Otherwise he would have been more shut off when he woke her up.

So Jo... What's the blanket for? :twisted: :wink:

Someone is finally coming around to the fact that Liz isn't controlled by the bond as much as humans usually are. He went from "you don't love me, it's just the bond," to "it might be just the bond." It seems like such a small difference but that's actually a big leap of faith (and hope) for Max to voice.

It also interesting that he dragged her out of bed and into the middle of nowhere (in the middle of the night) to have a conversation about their bond. I get that he's expressed what the others will probably submit them to (death at the worse, severe punishment at the very least) but he's searching for something more than that with her at this point. If he's very possibly going to die and/or so is she there are things he needs to get off his chest and I think that's the reason for starting the conversation off the way he did. If you believe you're going to lose everything anyways then you really have nothing to lose. And at this point that's the corner he's been pushed in to (they both have). So why not take a chance? He might not get another one. And he brought a blanket... (See? I still noticed that. :wink: )

So if aliens don't feel much of anything why have any humans married them? Obviously there might be exceptions but overall it seems like everyone would be full-bloods. It does make more sense regarding most of Philip's actions though. Full-blooded aliens would have less patience for (weak) human emotions and would be more likely to follow the laws of their society. It gives more structure and is more logical. I'm still curious as to why he hasn't turned Max in though. Maybe parents share a bond with their children on some level even in their alien society? At the very least he has to understand exactly why Max has been even more protective of Liz. To him it would just be the bond influencing Max (and Liz). Once it's broken he probably assumes that things will go back to normal. So his knowing about it has probably helped to some degree. As strange as that is to write. :roll: :wink:

It also explains why Max tried to keep his emotions from the Sgt during the flash. It would have made him appear even weaker in front of the top military leader. Sgt. Carter would have respected him even less and the beating would probably be worse. (A thought I previously had but now basically confirmed.)

Now you have me curious about Michael; whether he's full blooded or a hybrid. I personally think Alex is a hybrid, and obviously Isabel is, but Michael I'm not sure about yet. Part of me is saddened that Michael and Max aren't friends in the normal sense of the word. It goes to show just how isolated Max is. But the other part of me says it actually adds another dynamic to the story we normally don't get to see in other story lines. And you know how much I like a complex story and a good mystery! :wink:

It does sort of make me sad for Maria though. Looks like (at this point anyways) no space-boy in her future. You never really know though, eh? Well, I hope you do. Given that you're the writer and all. :wink:

So if gaea-humans are only meant for military members (which was a thought I had) that sheds light on two things. First, Diane can't carry the gene. Philip is (or appears to be) a healer like his son and he wouldn't be allowed to marry a gaea-human. So why did Diane marry him and why has she stayed with him? Especially if bonds between aliens and humans are incredibly rare (save for the gene). Secondly, it explains exactly why Max so loathes being a healer (as we witnessed when Liz came to him for her second healing). Had he been military he would have had a chance to claim her according to their laws (and not in spite of them). On the other hand if he wasn't a healer Liz would have died due to her injuries. So it's sort of a "your own gift being your own curse" situation.

It also confirms just how many laws he's actually broken for her. He knew from the get-go that he wasn't supposed to be with her and yet the second Sean tried to move in and claim what was technically supposed to be his (shudders) Max was right there. He couldn't stand to have Liz around Sean (warning her, interrupting the date, his fight with Sean in the middle of the night, etc.). Whether he wants to admit it or not he's been fighting for her from the get-go and fighting out in the open now is just the next step. He already started to take that step at the party. Sean wasn't lying when he called Liz "my girl" and technically Max didn't have any right to go after him like that. It adds another level of understanding to all the whispers at the party as well.

In an ironic kind way Max is sort of a pure version of what a military member is supposed to be. He's more inclined to heal and when he does fight it's for a just cause. He might be a healer and not a military member but he's acting an awful lot like the former. Not necessarily a bad thing for Liz though. :wink:

I'm actually surprised that Max hasn't undergone more punishment (that we're aware of) than the two beatings. He's obviously managed to keep a lot hidden or he's been given a lot of leeway given his position. Either way both of those are running short on continuation. :?

It would be so frustrating (to put it mildly) for Liz to have all of this happening; especially right after the death of her mother. For her to have to fight through all of this (while it might have helped her cope) in the long run could be detrimental to her mental health. You can only pile on more for so long before snapping. They seem to continue pushing those limits with her, even with her memory "wiped." :roll:

So if Nancy "wasn't finished" healing/resting what was so important that they drained her to the point of death? Obviously it's something they still haven't accomplished. Otherwise I don't think they'd have started to move in on Liz already. She isn't ready yet according to all the physical parameters. If she had ended up sleeping with Max they should be under the assumption that it wouldn't matter once she slept with Sean. So why push Sean on her now? Even Philip said Max could continue his relationship with her without all the extra details; yet it doesn't seem to be what Sean and his father would allow. So, again, what would be so important to warrant the (possible) death of two gaea-humans?

I'm glad that Liz isn't backing down regarding her feelings for Max being real. She couldn't breathe when he was around before, felt him even when she couldn't see him and wanted to hurt whoever hurt him after the first beating. She was willing to stand up to his father and even threatened his sister. Max has to realize at some point (especially with her persistence) that she did love him before the bond but just didn't want to admit it. It's probably one of the main reasons she was scared of him as well. Everyone is afraid of getting their hearts broken. She knew he could hurt her like no one else could. :roll:

So...

Come back, Jo! You know you want to post more! There's a perfectly good blanket and two people who have nothing to lose. Well almost nothing. :twisted: :wink: *laughs*

*taps fingers on desk impatiently*
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So sorry for bothering you will you please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what Max and Liz will do now?

L-J-L 76
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

Wow!! I am speechless. This seems like a very impossible situation. This takes the whole destiny issue up to the tenth power. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Though I really don't see how breaking the connection is a real option. How is having her be tortured for life better than death? It seems like only one option to me. Though I guess they could kill Max and leave her a live and available and unprotected. I guess that would be worse. If only he could give Michael an order he would have no choice but to follow then at least if he is unavailable she could stand some kind of chance. I don't know. It is one F up situation.

Max would never go for it but say they had sex wouldn't that make him super powerful? Liz is already very unique for someone with the gene (fighting Sean, turning off the connection), maybe if they had sex they could have a chance somehow. If only there was someone in the alien community wanting to form some kind of revolution and could use them to help change this prehistoric way of thinking into something more modern. I mean they traveled all this way to Earth to act so juvenile. I know Max said without the bonds they would be savages but it seems to me like they are even with the bond. Something has to give. There must be a lot more hybrids around now than full blooded aliens but maybe most of them chose to mate within their own species so there might not be enough of them with some humanity. It's all so wrong. Max needs a mentor that can be supportive. If only Jeff knew more than they think then maybe he could help somehow. Maybe Nancy might have been trying to figure out how to stop the aliens. I don't know. Since Max has some missing gaps of information perhaps there is an answer he has yet to uncover? Something has to give.

I cannot wait to read where the heck you are going with this thing.

Excellent stuff. I love how you make me ponder things. :D
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

THIRTY-FOUR

Post by max and liz believer »

Hi everyone!

I hope your weekend is/has been great :D Due to the fact that the conversation b/w Max and Liz, which was initiated in the previous chapter, runs through both chapter 34 and 35, I've decided to update both of those tonight. That way it's easier for you to keep up with the information flow. I hope this is alright with you :mrgreen:

Ashley (Morning Dreamgirl) - Oh, how I love your "ramblings", as you call them yourself <3 Let's see if I can give any answers to any of it :wink: without saying too much...
I was so hoping that Maria would bring Jeff to the hospital. It would have been much worse for him to get a call from the school and try and get there himself. He's not really in any condition to be driving. He's really gone down hill fast. I'm wondering just how much more neglect his body can take before it gives out on him. :(
Yeah, Jeff is in a bad place. Still. But maybe this whole ordeal with his daughter will wake him up... (just like you hinted at)
Make him realize that he still has people - alive - around him that he cares for and loves. Who are suffering right along with him.

Maria really is a great friend and she has grown in the face of what has happened to Liz. She's had to step up and take care of not only Liz but also Jeff, which is a difficult situation for a 16-year-old best friend. But I think she's handling it pretty well. And everything would be perfect if Liz could just let her in on the secrets - that way Maria could really support her friend. Right now, Liz doesn't really have anyone to talk to about this new twist to her life situation.

And yes, let's hope that Maria won't do anything foolish. She's like a bear mother protecting her cub right now. But, maybe she also realizes that there's something very off about Sean, which might make her think twice before going after him on her own.
It's interesting that Jeff knew exactly who it was that tried to rape Liz. He didn't identify Sean by his name but rather as "the Sergeant's son."
Well, Jeff was alone in a car with blabbermouth Maria DeLuca for awhile, while driving to the hospital. She probably would've filled him in on what had happened. And knowing Maria, she wouldn't hesitate to tell Jeff exactly who the bad guy was in that whole scenario.

Buuuut... still, we can't really rule out that Jeff might know something. He did live with a wife that had been/was being used by aliens for several years.
With the bond he technically should have been able to wake her up with just a gentle nudge of her mind. Instead he brushes her arm, kisses her neck and starts out teasing her. He's fallen hard. So how much longer until he stops fighting it? You know you want to tell us! :wink:
:oops:
So Jo... What's the blanket for? :twisted: :wink:
Um...For sitting? You can't just sit in the sand, right? What else would it be there for? :wink: :mrgreen:
If he's very possibly going to die and/or so is she there are things he needs to get off his chest and I think that's the reason for starting the conversation off the way he did. If you believe you're going to lose everything anyways then you really have nothing to lose. And at this point that's the corner he's been pushed in to (they both have). So why not take a chance? He might not get another one. And he brought a blanket... (See? I still noticed that. :wink: )
Aaaah, that was what you were hinted at. I so did not get that hint the first time :lol: JK :roll: But to be serious for a sec; yes, there's a reason for Max's urgency. And it's not just to speak about the bond. And there is a threat hanging over Max's head - as well as Liz's - which makes him drag her out of bed in the middle of the night rather than to wait until the morning. That threat starts with an S.
It also explains why Max tried to keep his emotions from the Sgt during the flash. It would have made him appear even weaker in front of the top military leader. Sgt. Carter would have respected him even less and the beating would probably be worse. (A thought I previously had but now basically confirmed.)
Emotions are very often viewed as a weakness - even in our society. That's a big reason as to why women to this day are deemed unreliable in high positions and why most of the successful women are the ones that are cold, hard and professional. It's the same in this alien world; emotions are viewed as a sign of weakness. Which would essentially mean that children with mixed genetics (hybrids) are considered less worthy, right? Because they have more emotions. The aliens have a lot of the same hierarchical and racial issues that we have.
So yes, by controlling his emotions and being as emotionless as the pure aliens, Max would've earned more respect and fared better against, for instance, the sergeant.

As I told mezz, Michael is still very immature. He likes to play around and exert his power (both literally and figuratively) on poor unsuspecting humans. And the story about Michael is yet to be told, because we haven't really seen much of him in this story - yet.
First, Diane can't carry the gene. Philip is (or appears to be) a healer like his son and he wouldn't be allowed to marry a gaea-human. So why did Diane marry him and why has she stayed with him?
Yes. Why? But even though Max claims that full-blooded aliens can't feel love, we know that humans can. Maybe there's the possibility that Diane actually fell for Philip once upon a time. Makes you wonder about Max's hesitation to Liz's question earlier, though, concerning his parents relationship...

Thank you for the wonderful analyses, Miss Ashley :)

Helen (roswelllostcause)
Oh I so want to kick Sean and his father off the face of the earth! Max should be able to be with whoever he wants!
Believe me, I'm with you on that one. I'm, in a way, relieved that you're resorting to anger instead running into crazy towns :mrgreen: Thank you for the feedback!

dreamon - You're melting my heart. So happy to hear that and I'm happy to see you back here :D You've been missed :) Thank you for the feedback!

L-J-L 76 - I'm glad that you're seeing the tough dilemma Liz is in. Of course it would be for the best to report Sean. It's the "right thing to do". But, as you've alluded to, it would endanger the whole situation. However, Maria is only pushing it because she doesn't have all the facts and she only wants to protect Liz.
Oh I love the way Max woke Liz up. I would be love to be woke up like that.
Yeah, that would be lovely, wouldn't it? :wink:

Thank you for the feedback and the bump! :D

mezz
So Michael is bodyguard and protector. Me thinks he's going to have to stand up and do his job a bit better and be more the vigilante he can be.
They are all still very young (only 16), so just like Max is being "trained" at the hospital with his dad, we can assume that the rest of the aliens his age are in training for their future "occupations". So maybe there's still hope for Michael. Because right now he's just the typical immature adolescent who thinks a little bit too much about himself and about having fun, rather than the possible ramifications of it all.
Also, Sarge was bonded to Liz's mum and he didn't get the prize he wanted so there's a story there that needs to come out.
Yup, there's a thing or two that needs to be said about that as well... 8)

Thank you for the feedback (and for logging in :wink: )!

Eve (begonia9508)
Would be nice if something happened to Sean and his dad, no? their planet falling on their head or even maybe aliens mutiny! :twisted:
:lol: :lol: Good suggestion!

Thank you for the feedback! The writer will take the whole "running away"-suggestion under consideration :wink:

Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - Thank you :D

Alien Friend
Max would never go for it but say they had sex wouldn't that make him super powerful? Liz is already very unique for someone with the gene (fighting Sean, turning off the connection), maybe if they had sex they could have a chance somehow.
At least they should do it just because it might be the last thing they do, right? :oops: But then, as you alluded to: Max is stubborn and he's probably afraid that having sex with Liz might in the future put her in even more danger when she comes face to face with Sean again.
I know Max said without the bonds they would be savages but it seems to me like they are even with the bond.
Yup. And concerning that they should do something about them acting so juvenile; Rome wasn't built in one day :roll: They're just as slow at change like human politicians, I guess 8)
Excellent stuff. I love how you make me ponder things. :D
And I love to make you ponder things :D Thank you so much for the insightful feedback!

From THIRTY-THREE:

”What was your excuse this time?” I whispered, a teasing note in my voice.

”For what?” he mumbled, taken out of momentum.

”For kissing me.”

There was a brief smile on his face, his eyes momentarily brightening. ”I couldn’t live another second without kissing you.”

I laughed softly. ”Cheesy.”

”I can be really cheesy,” he replied.

Though he was aiming for light and humorous, I doubted that he actually could be cheesy on a regular basis. I pictured his life as gravely restricted, both by his own race and by not being able to be himself amongst the main species occupying Earth.

”I don’t believe you,” I said softly.

”I didn’t expect you to.” He took a step back, letting the cold desert air put space between us, and I felt the change in his mood before I witnessed it on his face. ”After what happened earlier today, you are no longer safe.”

The almost romantic one-on-one-moment came to a screeching halt, and all the fluttering butterflies in my stomach withered up and died.

”What else is new?” I mumbled, once again wrapping my arms around my middle in the search for comfort. ”I’m quickly coming to terms with the fact that I’ve never been really safe.”

Three people could fit between us right now, as he looked at me closely, the night around him darkening his facial features with crippling fear.

At least, I was pretty sure he was really scared. I could feel it in the hard throbbing of my heart and the adrenaline in my veins. His veins. Whatever. The borders between us appeared increasingly indistinct.

”I tried to soften the blow by not dealing with it on my own, when he had you in his control,” Max said. ”Most importantly, at that point, he could have hurt you just to spite me.”

Max was referring to earlier today, when he had found Sean and I in the gym.

”You left me to get help,” I realized succinctly.

”I needed humans,” Max said. ”He can’t do anything in front of humans. There would be too many minds to erase afterwards. He would be forced to let you go. Besides…” Max smiled. He actually smiled in the light of everything. ”Sergeant could use some bad rep. And if - when - it gets out that his son tried to force himself on a girl, and possibly even drugged her, it won’t look too good.”

I almost rolled my eyes at Max’s small moment of retaliation, even though worry struck me as he basically reinforced what I had already suspected. ”And Sean will get an earful from his father, I’m sure.” Max nodded and I added, ”My drug test was negative, by the way.”

His features softened. ”Of course it was. They don’t test for alien mumbo jumbo.”

I smiled weakly even though worry drifted through me. ”So how would he - we - explain why I was so weak?”

Max inhaled, looked away and slowly shook his head. ”Let them come up with an explanation. It’s not our problem.”

I frowned. ”But it is.” I put my arms around my middle. ”I mean, do I report him, or what? Do your people expect me to report him, because that’s what a human would do…?”

He glanced back at me and answered, rather reluctantly, ”Your father has already filed a report.”

I froze. Oh, no. Why hadn’t dad told me that when we had gotten home from the hospital? Because I had asked him not to report it?

”Will they do something to my dad because of it?” I whispered, barely getting the words out through the fear numbing my body.

Max met my eyes and I could sense reassurance through the connection as he said softly, ”Probably not. They wouldn’t involve another one.” He took a deep breath and added, ”It’s probably for the best anyway, that your dad reported Sean. It would look suspicious without a report.”

”But Sean-” I started.

”The sergeant will make this go away.” He looked over towards the dark horizon and mumbled, ”I can’t say what that will mean for us, but-” he looked back at me, his eyes dark and bottomless, ”-if you found Sean frightening before, he’s gonna be worse now.”

My heart skipped a beat.

”That’s why I needed to get you out here, tonight. To warn you. And-,” he looked down at his shoes in the sand, ”-I was hoping that you might have an idea on how to solve this.”

But of course, I didn’t have a solution to all of this.

Instead I needed to know, ”Does your father know what happened this morning?” I was hoping the answer would be ’no’, but I’ve learned that word had a way to get around the alien community; almost faster than the Rumor Mill of Roswell High. Which was saying a lot.

Max shrugged. ”Probably. I haven’t been home.”

I frowned. But, ”Where have you been all day?”

He grimaced. ”Hiding?”

”So you have no idea whether the Sergeant knows yet?”

”Oh,” Max looked away uncomfortably. ”He knows.”

”How much does he actually know?” I asked, in general.

”He probably knows that Sean has been having trouble manipulating you. I don’t think my dad has told him that I have bonded with you or told him anything about that whole erasing thing when you came over for dinner.” He grimaced at the memory of me coming ’over for dinner’. It seemed like such an odd phrase to throw around when it came to the Evans’ family. ”If he had, I wouldn’t have been healed from my last ’punishment’ so soon.” He sent me a wary look before continuing, ”It wouldn’t surprise me if the sergeant already suspects that I have a bond with you and that’s why Sean’s been having difficulty controlling you. He definitely knows that I saved you from the fire at your house, so he must have put two and two together and probably assumed that I’ve healed you.”

He took a deep breath and raked his hands down his face, adding, ”But he wouldn’t be sure; I wouldn’t have to form a connection to heal superficial injuries and no one knows how injured you really were.” His eyes flickered away from mine, and I felt through the bond how uncomfortable the brush on that subject made him.

For not the first time, I wondered what I had looked like when he had taken me out of my burning childhood home. If the blisters which had erupted on my skin the days after his first healing was any indication; it had been bad. Max inhaled deeply and continued, ”He knows that you saw me heal Isabel-”

”You took that memory,” I whispered, thinking back to when we had been in Mr. Evans’ study, and Max was supposed to erase my memory.

”I haven’t done that to you before,” Max said, guilt evident in his quiet voice. ”And I don’t intend to ever do that to you again.”

”Have you done it a lot? Messed with people’s minds?”

”Yours was the first I erased,” he whispered.

His confession frightened me. It was like he had just confessed doing heart surgery on me without a medical degree. Had he really walked around in my mind, completely inexperienced?

”I’ve had a lot of practice before though,” he clarified. Before I had a chance to consider the ambiguousness of that explanation (how could he have a lot of practice if he had never done it before?), he continued, ”For years, I’ve familiarized myself with neuronal processes and the areas of the brain that store memories. I’ve practiced on patients at the hospital-”

My eyes widened and I was surprised to feel disappointment in the midst of my surprise. I had wanted Max to be better than that. Not preying on innocent people that couldn’t even put up any resistance.

Just as quickly he contradicted my conclusion by saying, ”Only unconscious patients; comatose patients. I was hoping that maybe I could - in the process - find out why they were unconscious and get them back.”

I was relieved and, admittedly, in awe.

”Neither Isabel nor Michael have had any practice with mind control or erasing memories. But even if they had, I wouldn’t let any of them do that to you.”

I wasn’t sure if I should feel flattered by this or just frankly weirded out. ”Could I get those memories back? Or are they lost forever?”

”You have been getting some of your memories back - since I healed you-”

Since the creation of the bond…

”- and those erasing procedures were done by mind controllers, who are a lot more skilled than I am. So anything’s possible.”

”Even invisibility?” I asked, offering him a small smile.

”With the help from you, yes,” he said and there was that guilt in his voice again.

”That’s what you meant when you said that one often could acquire abilities one normally doesn’t have, when bonded with a gaea,” I noted.

He nodded, but his eyes were still dark. ”But I don’t want to do that again.”

This surprised me. ”Why not?” It had been a pretty neat trick after all.

He looked at me incredulously. ”Um… Because you passed out?”

”I-” I started, wanting to reassure him. It hadn’t been all that bad. I had felt a hell of a lot better than after Sean had been through with me this morning.

He was tensing again and took a couple of steps further away from me. ”I completely drained you. I felt like I had no other choice but to hide us. But he wouldn’t leave. He just stood there. I couldn’t let go of the cloak as long as he was there. Sean can be very dangerous, especially if he’s trying to prove a point.”

My mouth was dry. ”Which would be?”

”That because of his ancestry, he can do whatever he likes with you, and I have to just stand by and watch and do nothing. He has the right to control you and I’m forbidden to intervene.”

I could see how much the thought of that horrified him. How it made him tremble. And I made the snap decision to close the distance between us and wrap my arms around his middle, pressing my cheek against his chest.

He easily relaxed against me, resting his head on top of mine as his arms came around my shoulders.

”He won’t be able to do anything he wants as long as we’re connected.” I probably shouldn’t have said that so soon. Because as soon as I did, the moment had vanished and Max released me with a troubled sigh.

”And we keep coming back to that.”

I worried my bottom lip. ”I just don’t understand why they can’t just leave us alone. Why can’t I choose you instead?”

He tiredly rubbed his forehead. ”Because that’s not how it works. It’s like what Sean said in the gym. He’s got first dibs on you. And by showing an interest in you, I’ve made this whole thing into the most compelling and interesting game ever. He won’t ever give you up now. He’ll push your limits, abuse your mind and body, maybe only because he knows that I’ll be watching.”

An ice cold shudder shook me. ”Why?”

”Because he hates me,” Max declared calmly.

”Why?” I repeated.

”Because I’m a healer. Because I’m popular at school and liked by humans. Because I objected to his methods and how he treated you.”

”Treated me?” I frowned.

Max and Sean must have had a falling out way before this whole thing started up, just like Sean himself had alluded to during our ’date’.

”During the check-ups,” Max said slowly. ”We would disagree on how you were…” he licked his lips, seemingly considering the appropriate phrasing, ”…to be handled.”

My memory flashed to the dream I’d had just the other night. Of Max wanting to talk me into working with them while Sean wanted to knock me unconscious just so that he could exercise complete control over me.

Max ran a hand through his hair. ”And the older you got, the more you resisted us. Well, him, specifically. And this pissed him off. I guess he doesn’t like to appear incompetent - especially not in front of me. It annoys him that I am to be protected just because of my heritage. I’m a real thorn in his side.”

”But you’re not a big fan of his either,” I mumbled. There was really no question about that.

”He-” Max started, but interrupted himself, his eyes flickering to my face. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights and I got the strongest feeling that he hadn’t thought before he had spoken. He had been about to reveal something that maybe I shouldn’t know about.

I felt the ice spread around my heart. ”What?”

Max waved his hand in the air. ”Forget it.”

”What were you going to say?”

”I don’t want you to know,” Max said honestly.

”Why?” You’ve already told me so much. Why not this?

”Because…” he hesitated. ”Because it’s about your mom.”

All the processes in my body stilled. He didn’t really have to say much more for me to realize that, ”Sean hurt my mom?”

Max shook his head and stepped up to the blanket, looking like he was going to roll it up again. We hadn’t even sat down yet. Apparently, Max was suddenly ready to leave.

”Tell me!” I begged, my voice breaking, before weakening in a plea, ”Please, tell me.”

”It won’t change anything,” Max whispered. ”It will only hurt you.”

”I’ll kill him if he hurt her in any way,” I promised darkly, the anger of revenge honest and hot.

His head whipped to look at me with worried trepidation and, of course, that familiar overprotective anger. The words were barely controlled as he bit out, ”No, you won’t.”

His reaction gave me even more information. ”He did, didn’t he?”

”You won’t go anywhere near him,” Max ordered.

I raised my chin in defiance. ”I won’t have to. He’ll obviously come straight to me.”

He turned to fully face me, crossing his arms across his chest; making him appear even larger than his regular well-toned muscled self. ”And you think you’re gonna win that fight?”

”If you’re with me, yes,” I said and added as his forehead furrowed, ”I’ve felt it. I’ve felt that power, the…invincibility. The night before the party-”

”When Sean paid me a friendly visit,” Max said slowly, his stance relaxing in surrender.

”He hurt you, didn’t he?” I asked. I had felt it. I had felt Max being under attack.

”I hurt him more,” Max tried, adding lightness to the shrug of his shoulders.

”I felt you healing yourself too,” I said, ignoring his attempt at brushing the whole thing off. ”Because you can, right? You can heal yourself?”

”Yeah. But not if I’m too badly hurt. I won’t have any energy to do it. Unless….” he swallowed. ”…I’m using yours. Which I guess I did - that night.”

”You should have healed yourself when I came for…um…that unexpected dinner with your parents,” I whispered, wanting him to know that he could use me anytime, if he was in pain. It felt good, in a way, that I could help him. Somehow repay the debt for him healing me.

”I wasn’t allowed to,” Max answered. ”I was healed first after that dinner, after the time of my sentence had run out.”

I frowned. Time of his sentence? I looked at him questioningly. ”Not allowed to?”

”It was another ’run-in’ with Sergeant.”

I gulped. ”Because of me?”

”Because Sean accused me of hiding you and intervening at the party,” Max said with a poor excuse for an innocent look.

”Asshole,” I mumbled, hating Sean so much right then.

And speaking of Sean…

”You haven’t answered my question yet. What did he do to my mom?”

Max hesitated for another second or two, before saying, ”I never realized how dangerous he was until that night. I always knew that he had something of a dictatorial frame of mind, power-hungry like few, but I never knew what he was truly capable of.”

”He killed her, didn’t he?” I asked, fighting to keep the trembles out of my voice. ”Sean was the one who killed my mom.”

”She was fighting him. Her memories were resurfacing and she was accusing him of hurting you - her daughter. She was willing to sacrifice herself, to keep you safe. She even promised to get together with Sarge again, if that’s what it would take for us to leave her daughter alone. But Sean just laughed at her. I don’t know what had been decided between his father and him, but Sean just announced that he was sick of her and that she had become a liability. Then he…”

Max’s voice trailed off. I was staring at him, my mouth hanging open, my eyes red and my cheeks wet. He looked as pale as I felt as he glanced over at me.

He was probably about to give me more information about what had actually happened than he ended up doing, instead settling for, ”Then he connected with her and two seconds later she was dead.”

It was like hearing that my mother had died all over again.

”And his father didn’t punish him for this?” I asked, my voice wet and unsteady from the tears. ”Because he just killed a gaea? The gaea that had once belonged to him?”

”They didn’t need her. She was too worn out, and becoming too aware of what was going on. It was too risky.” Max looked at me closely as he added, ”Plus, now they had you. You and Sean are the next generation. Your development was coming along nicely and it was only a matter of time before you’d be ready. To be used.”

I took a deep shuddering breath. ”What if I run away? Would they be able to find me? Witness Protection Program? Something?”

”We’ve infiltrated most of the government,” Max answered and sighed. ”Trust me, I’ve been over the options over and over again.”

But there was something disturbing me. Something I was getting from Max through the connection. A sense that he wasn’t being truly honest. I frowned, trying to dig further but not finding any clues as to what he could be withholding.

Instead, I tightened my fists, took another deep breath and stilled my tears. With quiet resolve, I said clearly, ”I want you to break the connection.”

TBC... In the next post - since I'm still in celebration mode :roll:
Last edited by max and liz believer on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

THIRTY-FIVE

Post by max and liz believer »

THIRTY-FIVE

It was the only way to protect Max. To keep us both alive.

His head snapped to mine and in two large steps, he had grabbed me by the shoulders, his pupils large and blazing with anger. But his voice was low and even as he decided, ”Hell no.”

”You said so yourself, just a second ago,” I whispered, my cheeks feeling oddly tight from the drying tears. ”It’s meant to be. I was never supposed to be yours.”

”I didn’t want you to agree with my options,” he snapped and added with a grumble, ”We’ll come up with something else.”

There is nothing else!” I cried in frustration. I pulled out of his grip to pull at my hair and started pacing the desert ground. ”How bad can it be really? My mom was mostly left alone, wasn’t she? And she lived a-” I found myself struggling to say, ”-fairly long life. She would have continued doing that if Sean wouldn’t have snapped. And maybe, if I just keep my mouth shut, be complacent and agreeable, and let him control me, he won’t hurt me.”

Max’s eyes were tracing my distressing pace. Back and forth. Back and forth. ”He might not hurt you. But he’ll kill you. He’ll kill Liz Parker.”

I stopped and spun around to face him. ”But you would live.”

He groaned. ”Don’t be ridiculous. This is not some kind of romance novel. There’s no such thing as sacrificing yourself for someone else-”

Then how do you explain all the times you’ve accepted abuse because you were protecting me?

He flung his hands out to the sides with a cry of, ”This is our lives! This is it. Do you really want to live it out like a puppet?”

”No!” I cried. ”I really want to live it out normally. Maybe get married. Maybe have children.” I kicked angrily at a stone. ”Of course I don’t want to be raped, mind-raped and every other kind of rape there might be in your world!”

”I’m sorry,” Max gasped without warning, abruptly squashing my anger.

I looked at him as he took a deep breath, lengthening his body, every muscle in his body tensing. As if he was trying not to fall apart. Or erupt like a volcano.

I bit my bottom lip and watched him silently as he struggled to regain control over himself, my own body trembling with the aftershock of overwhelming emotions.

”Please…” I whispered as he seemed to have regained the control of his breathing at least. ”Let me do this. I’m not trying to make it into a big gesture or anything. No romance novel, I promise. I’m just trying to find the best option out of two worthless miserable alternatives.”

”He was sitting outside of your apartment after you returned from the hospital,” Max said quietly, changing topics and once again increasing my heart rate. ”That’s why I didn’t come to get you until so late. Once he left, I waited for another hour to make sure that he wouldn’t return.”

He looked over at me. ”He won’t wait; he’s already keeping close tabs on you. He has figured out that we’re connected, but he also learned today that he can get through it. Or he thinks that he’s the one that got through it. He doesn’t know that you were the one to shut it off.” He scoffed. ”Because that’s not even supposed to be possible for you to do.” His jaw muscles rippled. ”This doesn’t necessarily make him any less dangerous.” He swallowed, looking almost green with disgust. ”And the only way he can bond with you is through sex.”

”I remember,” I whispered, trying not to think of the fact that I would be losing my virginity against my will. That I would perhaps never share a sexual experience with anyone else but Sean and that it might never be voluntary on my part.

Was this really my future?

I jumped as Max cried out in frustration, the scream echoing against the caves, and I felt the conflict eating away at him.

We were helpless. Backed into a corner.

I slowly wet my lips, letting the air completely remove Max’s scream before I asked carefully, ”So how do we do it? How do we remove the connection?”

”I can’t,” Max admitted, his eyes flickering with an emotion I didn’t recognize. ”You’ll have to do it.”

A wistful bittersweet smile settled on my lips as I realized that he wasn’t just talking about a practical inability to remove the connection, but that he was emotionally unable to.

I walked up to him, watching his eyes turn dark with emotion as I cradled his cheek in my hand. Whispering, I said, ”And you say that you don’t have feelings for me.”

His hand came up to cover mine and he squeezed around the back of my small hand. He was quiet. Solemn. ”I never claimed that.”

Right. He had only accused me of not having any real feelings for him.

My heart hiccuped with sorrow. ”And soon it won’t even matter.”

His gaze burned into my soul, so deeply and intimately that I imagined I could feel him in every cell of my body. A familiar fire in the pit of my belly ignited and blazed through my body with lust.

”Are you sure?” he whispered, and I knew that he could feel my desire. I knew that he could read my thoughts as our joined hands had flared the connection bright open. But he didn’t comment on it.

Instead he opened the connection both ways and let me feel not only his emotions but also read his mind.

I gasped as his feelings rushed over me. His thoughts were jumbled; all over the place. He was thinking about the softness and smallness of my hand in his, of the sensation of my palm against unshaven cheek, of the tears on my cheeks, of the sacrifice I was about to make, of the things he would do to Sean if (when) he touched me (they were not pretty things), of how much he wanted to kiss me, kiss the curve of my neck, run his fingers through my hair, remove all of my clothes and forget about everything. Everything.

I pulled back, tugging my hand out of his grip.

It was too much. Too intimate. Too raw.

His mind had hinted at a love I’d never felt before. A love that went beyond any stupid connection. A love that had started years ago, ignited out of the need to protect a girl of the same age as him during nightly experiments performed by his race.

I saw how much he hated himself. How much he hated who he was. How he just wanted to be normal and human. So that he could be with whoever he wanted.

Me.

He wanted me.

In every humanly (and alien) way possible.

The ground wobbled under my feet.

He grimaced. ”Too much?”

The craziness of the situation coupled with the proof of his requited love, bubbled up in me and I laughed. ”A bit overwhelming, yes.”

”And you’re still sure?” he asked.

He wasn’t playing fair, which was frustrating. First he told me the only (lousy) options available to us and when I agreed to one of them, he did what he just had done. Showed me how a future with him could be like. A future that wasn’t even possible.

And he did that…why?

Dousing my irritation, I took a deep breath and - even though I didn’t really understand it - I said, ”I see what you’re trying to do here, but this is how it has to be.”

He watched me quietly and after being inside his head, I could visualize myself out of his eyes. I could see how beautiful he saw me. How brave he considered me to be, and how he would never stop watching over me. Not even when I had been handed over to someone else.

”Can I at least have the night?” he whispered and my heart stopped.

My mouth went dry and I must have looked to be in shock as I stared at him wide-eyed. Thoughts of his naked body brushing against mine were already running through my head by the time Max tensed with realization.

”I mean-” He cleared his throat. ”I just want to spend time with you, okay? Nothing more needs to happen.”

”Oh,” I mumbled and mortification spread up my cheeks as I heard the disappointment in my own voice, betraying what I really wished that he meant.

Oh, God. I wished the earth would just swallow me up. How did I always find myself in these conversations with Max Evans?

”Let’s stay for awhile,” I wheezed before coughing.

I had the pleasure of glaring at him as he grinned at my obvious mortification, but I was relieved that he hadn’t delivered his earlier request in the arrogant manner of the Public Max Evans.

”You look cold,” he said and before I had a chance to answer, he shrugged out of his jacket.

He draped it over my shoulders. It was like a tent on me, but it was incredibly warm and smelled like Max.

”Has it something to do with your alien metabolism?” I asked curiously, unconsciously sticking my nose into the collar of the jacket and taking a deep breath.

If he had noticed, he didn’t comment.

”My alien metabolism?” he inquired.

”You’re always so warm.”

”A steady 102.4 degrees,” he answered, almost proudly.

”Oh,” I mumbled, taken back. I hadn’t expected there to actually be such a difference to the normal temperature of humans. ”Why is that?”

He reached out and took my hand, tugging me towards him, interlocking our fingers, before pulling us down on the - now chilled - blanket.

”We have a higher metabolism and we crave extra spicy food, which heats up our bodies. Also, we use a lot more energy - which ties in with the metabolism, I guess.” His eyes turned dark as he added, ”Which is why humans normally can’t handle too much of our pull on their energies. Our energy requirements far exceed that of humans.”

His fingers were still entwined with mine as we settled cross-legged in front of each other, our knees touching.

I could hear my pulse throb in my ears; anticipated nervousness fluttering and embracing every inch of me. I was acutely aware of his presence, of his proximity.

I wondered if he was holding my hand simply because he wanted to hold my hand or if it was to keep the connection open, so that he could eavesdrop on my emotions and thoughts. I wasn’t really sure how it worked; where the borders were. I understood that physical touch strengthened the connection considerably, allowing us to hear each others thoughts.

But I was pretty sure that he couldn’t speak to me telepathically unless he was concentrating and looking into my eyes. With ’mere’ physical touch, we were only inactive observers of the other’s emotions.

Well… Max had masked himself in the connection again. I couldn’t read him at the moment.

As he distractedly played with my fingers, I thought about how to go about blocking him back. It seemed highly unfair that he was able to hear my innermost speculations - particularly about him - and I wasn’t privy to the same courtesy. As the thought process magnified, I saw the silent smile spread across his lips on his downturned face.

”Stop listening,” I mumbled, but couldn’t keep the smile out of my voice. He just smiled in return, his gaze still on our entwined hands.

At the moment, we were in a bubble. I was ignoring all of our other problems and just focusing on solving the problem of blocking Max while his fingers slowly slid back and forth over the back of my hand and the heat from his knees warmed through my jeans covering my own knees.

In blocking him from reading me, I didn’t want to accidentally turn off the connection again-

”Yes, please don’t,” Max mumbled, and glanced up at me through his impossibly long dark eyelashes.

I rolled my eyes at him before closing my eyes and conjuring up an image in my head of a large soft red velvet curtain flowing down around my brain, hiding it.

His hand tensed in mine and my eyes flew open, the mental image of the fake curtain fixed in place.

He was looking at me curiously and wordlessly reached for my other hand, resting in my lap. Holding both of my hands in his, his look turned more intense, almost prodding.

”Is it working?” I asked breathlessly.

He couldn’t read me?

”How…” he mumbled, let go off my hands and placed his hands on the sides of my neck, his thumbs curling up over my jawbone. He leaned in closer and fascinated I watched his eyes turn darker and could feel the buzz intensify.

The buzz. Which meant that I had not turned the connection off, but still managed to hide myself from him.

”You’re not supposed to be able to do that,” he whispered, awed. ”It takes us years to figure that out.” He shook his head slowly. ”I can’t get in.”

I practically smirked at him. Ha. I had mastered the alien.

”How about now?” he said softly, his eyes turning dangerously teasing as he in one swift movement leaned forward and touched his mouth to mine.

And yes. Of course. My self-control was immediately broken and my beautiful velvet curtain billowed to the ground, letting all my emotions and thoughts rush towards Max.

”There you are,” he mumbled, satisfied, against my lips. But he didn’t stop kissing me. This time, his kiss didn’t have any means to an end. This time he wasn’t trying to bring me back from dangerous fatigue syndromes. This time, he was just kissing me.

Which was a big thing in itself.

I moaned as he gently angled my head with his hands, so that he could gain full access to my mouth, his tongue brushing mine.

My fingers were in his hair, threading through it, tugging on it, as my behind restlessly lifted from the blanket and my weight shifted more onto my knees as I attempted to get closer to him.

Our positions were putting us too far apart.

Having a complete view of the inner workings of my mind again, Max let his hands slide down my neck - tantalizingly slowly. His hands worked their way inside the jacket he had put over my shoulders, to get closer to my arms, even though there was still a hoodie preventing him from touching my bare, goose-bumped skin. I could feel the trembles in his hands as he brushed up along the sides of my ribcage.

I gasped at the sensation (how could I feel it so much even through the thick material of my sweater?) and he captured my gasp with his kisses.

The heels of his hands touched the sides of my breasts as he hooked his hands into my armpits and with a smooth upward lift moved me to sit on his lap.

I sighed with satisfaction as I placed my legs around his waist and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

”Better?” he asked, his one-worded question causing his lips to brush mine like a feather.

”Mm-hmm,” I happily agreed and melted our lips together again.

So this was what making out felt like?

This was what it felt like to, in a synchronized soft fluid motion, taste someone’s soft lips.

This was what it felt like to have someone kiss you and a deep burning heat to start to develop in the pit of your stomach.

This was what it felt like when you realized where the phrase ’making your toes curl’ came from and how you heart could be ’beating out of your chest’.

This was what it felt like when you wanted someone so badly that you wanted to crawl inside of them, when you wanted them to kiss you everywhere, when you wanted to kiss them everywhere.

This was what it felt like when kissing made you breathless, made your brain starved for oxygen, but you would gladly ignore the instinct for air. When it was more important for you to continue tasting him than to breathe.

This was what it felt like to be kissed by someone who you loved, someone who loved you.

He separated from my lips with a breathless gasp and we came to stare at each other, desperately inhaling oxygen, our hearts beating fast and our breaths rapid.

He leaned in, took my bottom lip between his teeth and lightly tugged. I pressed the insides of my thighs into his waist as the desire rocked me.

Pulling back, releasing my swollen lip, he mumbled, with his hands in my hair and the heels of his palms below my ears, ”You make me completely lose control, Liz Parker.”

A quiet and breathless laugh rolled over my lips, interrupted by the unmistakable rumbling vibrations from a mobile phone set to ’silent’ against the inside of my knee, which was pressed up against his back pocket.

My eyes flew to his face, noticed him paling (because someone calling you in the middle of the night was never a good sign when you were having a secret meeting, was it?) and my heart sank as he barely seemed to notice me slide off him, to give him space to answer his phone.

He rose to his knees and fumbled for his phone, shooting a worried look on my face before he pressed the phone to his ear and stated, ”Dad.”

I swallowed, fear automatically gripping me, as I tried to make out the words on the other side of the line. But even in the silence of the desert night, Max didn’t have the volume on the speakers loud enough for me to eavesdrop.

”Out,” Max answered shortly, his hand wrapping around my knee, making my breath hitch.

I looked up at his face in surprise, but his eyes were fixed on my knee and his mind seemed 100% occupied with his father.

”I’ll be home soon,” Max said, sounding like the perfect impatient teenagers even though his hand tightened nervously around my knee.

Then his eyes flickered to my face and his fear was so strong through the connection that a sharp surge of adrenaline threatened to bump my heart out of my chest.

”With a friend,” Max replied tensely.

Why did I get the feeling that Max’s father already knew where Max was and with whom…? How could he possibly know that?

Max sighed, squeezing his eyes closed as he mumbled, ”I’ll leave right away.”

He pulled the phone from his ear, pressed ’disconnect’ and met my worried eyes.

”What did he say?” I whispered.

He shook his head, almost looking surprised at his father’s obvious knowledge of his whereabouts. ”I haven’t been home all day, so naturally he needed to investigate.” He diverted his eyes to the phone in his hand. ”It was stupid. I shouldn’t have stayed away. I made it seem suspicious.”

Fear tightened in my stomach and I put my hand over his on my knee, squeezing it, ”You can’t go back. He’ll…”

Max looked up, his voice devoid of emotions as he stated, ”I’ve broken the law. With Sean. With you, tonight.”

”But, he can’t just-” I started, but he silenced me by pressing his index finger gently against my upper lip.

”Let’s go home,” he said quietly, resignation vibrating through his body and our connection.

His hand released my knee and I could do nothing but follow as he rose and started to pack up the blanket.

Our alone time was over. For now. Maybe forever.

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 34+35, 8/30/15, p. 30

I knew you'd like double posting. :D

Off to read!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Liz don't be stupid! Do not break the connection with Max! He is the only one that can keep you alive! He is the only one that can keep you you! Oh no so want to kicvk Sean and his father's asses! Teach them you don't treat women the way they do!

Hurry back!

Wanting to hunt down the alien scumbags and teach them not to mess with women the way they do! Give them a good old Detroit woman beat down!

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next. Liz don't block Max. Liz will need Max to help and protect her no matter what. I'm so glad that Max is explaining more to Liz. And I'm glad that Jeff reported Sean for drugging and attacking Liz. I feel so sorry for Max and Liz they can't run and hide from Mr. Evans, Sean and Sean's father. I'm glad Liz was wanting to protect Max. And Max is not wanting to block Liz. Wow that was some make out for Max and Liz. No Max don't go home your father, Sean and Sean's father will probably be waiting for you and they could seriously hurt Max. I agree with Liz Max can't go home. I can't believe Sean killed Liz's mom. I hope Liz finds away to make Sean and his father pay. I hope Max and Liz will keep sneaking around to see each other. I hope Max and Liz will kiss. And I hope Max will sleep with Liz before Sean does. Will Liz block Max? Will Max let Liz know what happened? Will Max and Liz keep seeing each other in secret? Will Liz let Max know what is going on? Will Liz be able to fight Sean? How is Liz going to fight Sean? Will Liz make Sean and his father pay for kill her mom and hurting Max? How is Liz going to make Sean and his father pay? Will Max and Liz kiss? Will Max and Liz make out? Will Max and Liz sleep together? What will happen if Max and Liz sleep together? Will Max be able to protect Liz? How will Max be able to protect Liz? Will Liz's father get hurt? Who will hurt Liz's father? Will Liz be able to protect her father? Will everyone find out bout Sean attacking Liz? What will people think? Will Max's father, Sean's father be able to handle it? Will Max protect Liz? Will Max and Liz keep secretly seeing each other? Will Max keep coming to Liz? Will Liz let Max know if she is in danger? Will Max be able to save Liz? Will Max and Liz make out again? Will Max and Liz sleep together before Sean tries? Will Max and Liz keep the connection open between them? Will Max and Liz live through this? Will Max and Liz have a happy ending together? Will Max and Liz get married and have kids? So sorry for the questions but I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

This is getting complicated.......for me anyway.
I appreciate that Max is honest with Liz.........and now she knows about her mother and Sean.
I don't think it is safe to break the connection, how does that protect Max??
Love the alien metabolism.
And how did Max's dad know that he broke the law??
Thanks,
Carolyn