Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE) 10/29/15 COMPLETE

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

mezz
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE), Ch 58 10/17/15 p. 38

Post by mezz »

I'm liking Isabel's reactions to Alex. She seems to have tapped into his personality and character immediately. I wonder if it is simply because she trusts Liz so completely having known her through work as well as for years in Max's dreams, or if she has felt a connection to him? She's wonderfully calm with him. Almost playful. She showed no fear of him joining them. Almost like she knew he needed to. Interesting. :)
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 59

Post by max and liz believer »

Helen (Roswelllostcause)
Alex, hate to be the one to break the news to ya. But aliens are very real! But they look just like normal people!
:lol: That about sums it up :wink: Thank you for the feedback!

saori_1902 - Thank you :D

L-J-L 76
Hate the way Melissa is thinking Liz is Max's biggest mistake.
Yeah... :?

Thank you for the feedback!

Natalie36 - Thank you :D

Eve (begonia9508) - Alex will come around, you'll see :D He is not immune to Isabel Evans' charms, which means that he will probably have a more open opinion of aliens once he gets some more information about it. Which will happen in this next chapter. Thank you for the feedback!

mezz - Isabel has taken an instant liking to Alex. And Alex doesn't seem to be very far behind either :D And you're right; the fact that Alex is a lifelong friend of Liz's - someone that she trusts - contributes a lot to Isabel being able to feel comfortable around Alex. Thank you for the feedback!

Previously on "Lethal Whispers"...

Max and Liz met as children, when Max brought Liz back from fatal injuries in a car crash that killed Liz's mother. In their twenties, Max started having premonitions of Liz about her being in danger. He was later introduced to Liz at an office party where Isabel worked. Max was soon to realize that Liz was the girl he had saved many years ago and that in saving her they had formed a bond.

Max saved Liz from the attack that he had seen several times in his premonitions. The rescue attracted the attention of the Special Unit of the FBI and the aliens (plus Maria and Liz) decided to go on the run. There they were momentarily rescued by Melissa - Max's co-worker from Boston - who turned out to be an alien too. Their protector. Who had been watching over the podsters their whole lives. Upon that contact, Melissa made Liz unconscious to stop her from taking part of an alien discussion. That unconscious state brought forward a second individual in Liz - Aislin. According to Melissa, the aliens had lived before on Antar. They had been royalty and part of the royal guard. Upon dying, Zan (Max) had "saved" Aislin's essence inside his own. Aislin was the woman Zan loved. Aislin's essence accidentally got transferred to the (temporarily) dead body of Elizabeth Parker before Max brought her back to life.

Max and Liz have fallen for each other and have deepened their connection by making love. Alex (Liz's longtime friend) managed to track the group down and encountered them at a pit-stop. Liz told him about the aliens and it was decided that Alex would come along. Michael had a fit about Alex being brought along on the trip and hit Max, which caused Liz to somehow tap into Max's powers and put up a shield between Max and Michael to protect Max. This told everyone that Liz was able to use Max's powers (even though she's human), but also that in doing so Liz gets depleted of energy. So Max had to transfer some of his energy to her.

Alex is now in the van with the group, and in the previous chapter Max demonstrated - in a rather vivid and bloody manner - his powers to Alex, proving his alienness and managing to rattle Alex just a little. The next chapter picks up right after that "incident".

CHAPTER 59
Alex

“Quite the magic trick, huh?” Liz said with attempted lightness, even though her worried eyes on his face revealed what she was really feeling after Max’s bloody display.

Alex looked down at her hands, colored in red just a couple of minutes ago, and wondered if the blood was still there. If Isabel waving her hand over Liz’s palms had really washed Liz’s hands or just made the blood invisible. He swallowed against the impending nausea and forced his eyes back to Liz’s face. She was pale, her eyes guarded as she searched his face.

“Yeah,” he managed to whisper, mostly to throw her a bone because she looked as bad as he felt.

“Only it’s not magic,” Liz added slowly.

“How-“ Alex wetted his lips. “How are they doing that? How is it possible?”

Being two intellectuals, Alex and Liz were always concerned with the ‘how’ and ‘why’. They needed facts, details, and were prepared to take things apart to see how they worked. But he couldn’t very well take Max apart. Or Isabel.

A chill rushed through him, startling him with its abruptness, as he realized that maybe that was exactly what the FBI was aiming to do.

Take them apart.

“Their souls - their alien essence - were placed inside brain-dead human children. Children who were taken off life-support and were not going to survive.” Liz’s dark eyes looked up at him, still searching for answers - for approval - on his face. “So their bodies are human, but their alien essence rewires their brains differently. Enables them to have special abilities.”

Magic, Alex thought grimly.

He got the mental image of federal agents digging into Isabel’s brain and he shuddered. But the mystery still remained, “Why are the FBI after you? I can see now why they would want to capture and ‘investigate’ the aliens further, but why you? You’re human.”

“Because I might have answers. I think-” she paused to distractedly chew on her bottom lip, “I think they’re afraid of Max and the rest. They only have suspicions, theories, but they are not really sure if Max would annihilate them upon capture. I was an easier and safer target.”

She paused, before starting to turn around in her seated position on the floor. “Let me show you something.” Her back was turned towards him and he watched her pull her shirt up to the middle of her shoulder blades.

Alex felt the blood leave his face.

The writing was faint, as if it had been scrubbed and scrubbed in a frustrated effort of removal, but the permanent marker still disfigured her pale skin.
WE KNOW EVERYTHING NOW.

DON’T TRY AND RUN.
WE’LL FIND YOU.
“A reminder from the FBI,” Liz whispered as he read the handwritten capitals.

He felt cold all over as Liz let her shirt fall back down to cover the words and turned around to face him again.

“What happened? What you mentioned at that gas station… You being kidnapped and…drugged?”

Liz nodded. “They did. They kidnapped me and gave me some truth serum-“

He shook his head. “No, there’s no such thing.”

“I guess there is.”

“So you told them everything you know - about the…aliens?” The word ‘alien’ felt ridiculously foreign in his mouth.

“I don’t know,” Liz whispered, dropping her eyes as if ashamed. “I can’t remember what happened or what they asked me.”

“They gave you something to forget?” Alex said, more like an obvious statement than a question.

“According to the vision, it was a component of the truth ser-“

Alex held up a hand to interrupt her. “Wait. Wait. What? Vision?”

“That’s why we left Boston. Max had premonitions of me being captured by the FBI and being given a truth serum. I saw the vision myself - in a dream.”

“And how is that possible - for you to see it too?” Alex head was spinning. The more he found out, the more complicated it seemed to get.

“It’s probably because of the connection between Max and I,” Liz answered.

“The connection?” Alex said slowly in wondrous disbelief, but he vaguely remembered Liz mentioned something like that at the gas station. How Max had been able to sense that Liz’s life had been in danger - because of the connection.

“Apparently, when Max heals someone, he has to form a connection to them - a bond - so that he can gain access to their bodies and see what’s wrong, so that he can fix it. We don’t know for sure, but we think that the connection between Max and I was made stronger because Max was actually bringing me back from the dead. So strong that it was never completely severed when he was done.”

Alex frowned and supported his forearms against his knees as he leaned forward. “So, this connection. What does it mean really? That you share each others thoughts?”

“Feelings, mostly,” Liz answered and a beautiful blush spread across her cheeks, which tempted Alex to blush as well. He got the instant feeling that the topic had suddenly turned very private and intimate.

“But no thoughts,” Liz continued, avoiding his eyes. “And I can feel when he is near. It’s like a buzzing in my body - like a hum - that fades when he is far away and is turned up when he’s close.”

“That’s…” Alex was at a loss of words. “That’s…” That’s what? He frowned and made a third attempt. “That’s interesting.”

“Melissa doesn’t really understand it either,” Liz said and looked up at him. “I guess it’s a bit unusual.”

“Uh-huh,” Alex looked over at the driver. Melissa. She hadn’t really been interacting with the group so far; hadn’t asked him any questions or tried to convince him of anything. During his time here, she had mostly given him angry looks and driven the van. She had been like a female version of Michael, the grumpy boyfriend of Maria (who apparently was human as well).

Liz, noticing his glance at Melissa, added, “Melissa is their protector and advisor. She was sent here to guard them and prepare them for their return.”

Alex looked back at his longtime friend. “So, they are supposed to go back to where they came from?”

“No,” Liz shook her head. “Not anymore. Their planet was destroyed recently.”

“So they’re stranded here,” Alex stated. “Like E.T.”

“Something like that,” Liz said and a small smile crept onto her lips at his movie reference.

“So there’s no risk that you’re leaving Earth with them then?”

She gave a short laugh. “Of course not. Just the continent.”

He exhaled with relief. “Good. Good.”

“Speaking of that,” Max stepped up to them. Alex got the feeling that Max had been eavesdropping. Not impossible, he guessed, in a small van.

“We’re almost at the airport,” Max continued. “We need to get ready.”

Already? Alex thought and felt panic grip him. That meant that he had a big decision to make. To go with Liz or let her leave the country with a group of aliens.

Max kneeled next to Liz and her eyes moved to him like magnets. Alex watched Max gently cradle Liz’s face between his hands and he addressed her in that voice that he seemed to reserve only for her. “What do you want to be today?”

She smiled, staring up at him as if he was her savior. Alex swallowed at the intimacy of that look and briefly wondered if a girl would ever look at him like that.

“Burgundy,” Liz replied.

“Okay,” Max agreed and with Alex’s eyes transfixed on them, Max moved his hands from Liz’s face to thread through her long dark brown hair. Under his watchful eyes, Alex noticed how Liz’s hair turned darker, as if someone was sprinkling it with a purplish hue, trailing in the wake of Max’s hands.

He’s changing her hair color, Alex thought and suddenly understood why there were no wigs in the van. They all had their own hair, just having dyed it with…magic.

“I can do yours if you want,” Isabel’s voice ripped him out from under the spell of watching Max changing Liz’s physical identity.

He looked up at Isabel, at her short and black hair and sparkling blue eyes. Her appearance was so startlingly different that he actually jumped.

“Don’t worry, it’s just me,” Isabel said with an amused expression, a twinkle in her dark blue eyes.

“Um… You mean, change my hair?” Alex stammered.

“And your eye color, perhaps?” Isabel mused and sank down to her knees in front of him.

“I can just buy some dye instead,” Alex tried, not really liking the whole prospect of them using their abilities on him. What if they did something wrong and he ended up with two noses instead of one or they accidentally turned him into a cyclops?

She put her head to the side and regarded him, like a mother would a child. “Then we would need water and time. We have neither.”

“But I’m not on the ‘Most Wanted’-list,” he tried, his voice wavering with nervousness. “I don’t have to be disguised.”

“If everything goes according to plan, we won’t be visible at all,” Isabel said and he felt his mouth go dry.

What did that mean?

“But we can’t risk it,” Isabel continued, as if she had just announced that it might rain today, “Besides, you have a connection to Liz. Maybe the feds have photos of everyone we’ve ever made contact with during our lifetimes.”

She reached her hand out towards his face and he jumped as her hand connected with his temple.

“Relax,” she said softly and there was kindness in her eyes. “It won’t hurt. You won’t feel a thing.”

He swallowed and willed himself to relax. She waited for him, until he exhaled deeply, the strain disappearing from his shoulders, before she placed her fingers back on his temple. He felt a flutter move through his stomach and all heat in his body seemed to travel to that single point of contact between him and her.

With the sensation of a pleasurable, bordering on painful, burning at the touch of her finger against his temple his eyes remained locked with hers the short seconds it took to change his dark brown hair into strawberry blonde. He tried to figure out if he liked her new eye color better than her own, but he quickly decided that it didn’t matter.

She was gorgeous either way.

“I kinda like your eye color,” Isabel said softly, holding his eyes. “They’re not really green, but not blue either. And sometimes they look brown.”

“I guess you’re not the only one that can change eye colors,” Alex said.

She smiled and Alex’s heart missed a beat. “I think you might be right.” She bit the edge of her lower lip in thought, before saying, “I think we’ll leave your eyes the way they are. They complement your new hairstyle.”

“My new-?” Alex reached up to his head and realized that his hair was no longer short, but reached his shoulders. “You made my hair longer?”

Isabel shrugged and pulled back, letting her hand fall away. Alex could still feel the heat from where her index finger had pressed against his skin.

“I thought it would suit you. I like guys with long hair.”

He felt himself blush and immediately cursed himself as he bent his head to hide the redness. He could feel Isabel’s somewhat curious eyes on him and he was hyperaware of the faint flowery smell around her.

“It suits you.” Liz’s voice made him look up and come face to face with a short-haired Liz, a nuance of burgundy enhancing subtle voluminous curls.

She looked like a movie star. Max hadn’t changed her eyes either. Alex wondered if they didn’t dare to do that change to humans or if they just didn’t find it necessary. Max hadn’t changed his appearance yet and he was holding Liz’s hand while he was talking quietly to Melissa in the front seat.

“You don’t look so bad either,” Alex returned.

“Glad you liked it,” Isabel said in reference to Liz’s compliment of her work and got to her feet.

“So,” Max said and returned his attention to Liz and Alex. “The plan is; Tess will mind warp security personnel and potential agents at the airport, hiding us in plain sight.”

“Hiding us?” Alex wondered at the same time as Isabel asked, “Like a cloaking device?”

“Yes,” Max nodded.

“What’s a mind warp?” Alex asked.

He had heard that phrase before. It was what had been suggested by Isabel to be done to him to stop him from telling on them. The thing that Max had vehemently protested, even though he hadn’t known Alex personally. It couldn’t be a very nice thing, that mind warp.

“That’s my speciality,” the short blonde girl with the doll-like curls said from the corner.

Everyone looked over at the girl and Alex was pretty sure that was the first time she had spoken in the 17 hours Alex had been in their company. Her light blue eyes were digging into him and he felt an instant chill rush through him. The small smirk playing on her lips cemented to him that Tess was the epitome of what he would consider to be an alien. There was an aloofness about her, a foreign air of coldness, and an almost regal look in her eye, regarding him as an ant that needed to be crushed.

He was about to turn his head away, because her gaze was making him very uncomfortable, when the van reached a sudden stop and she jumped to her feet - alert fear in her ice cold eyes.

“Why are we stopping?” Alex whispered and his eyes flickered between the members of the group surrounding him. They all looked worried and scared, Max turning to the front to look out the windshield.

Then the side door was ripped open and men in dark suits with bulletproofed vests raised black guns towards them. Without a word, without a shout of warning or order for them to give up or get on the ground, one of the men fired two shots.

Alex heard Max roar a “Nooo,” as he flung himself in the direction of Liz. But it was too late. Liz had been propelled backwards, onto her back, and there was blood seeping from her abdomen and from a wound in her chest.

Liiiz,” was ripped out of Alex as he crawled towards her body, not caring that the agents were quickly entering the van, not caring that he might soon be dead too.

And just as quickly, the scene snapped back to before. Before the van had stopped. He found himself staring into Liz’s wide, horrified and confused eyes, as his hands were attached to her stomach - her intact stomach.

“Alex?” she whispered.

“You…” he gasped, and looked up at the others. They were staring at him as if he was a lunatic, with caution and unsure what to do next. He looked at Tess and saw that smirk having exploded into a grin.

That was a mind warp.”

He stilled and could do nothing but stare at the Barbie look-alike.

“You mind warped him?” Liz hissed, anger blazing through her voice.

“He wondered what a mind warp was; best way was to show him,” Tess shrugged.

“What did you make him see?” Max asked and Alex noted the concealed anger in his voice. Max was not very happy with Tess.

“We were stopped and attacked by the feds. Liz got shot.”

Alex imagined he could read satisfaction on her face at that last statement. Something told him that Tess was not a very big fan of Liz. And acting out Liz’s death, plus sharing it with Liz’s friend, gave her a cruel enjoyment.

“You’re sick,” Liz said vehemently and took Alex’s cold hand between the both of hers. Her eyes were concerned and frightened as she looked at him. “Are you okay?”

“It was so real,” Alex answered, slightly astonished. That Tess character had actually got into his mind, without touching him - not even standing particularly close - and had changed what he was seeing.

“She’s good at what she does,” Max said, his voice as sharp as acid.

Tess crossed her arms over her well-developed chest and pouted, “Do you want my help or not?”

Alex could understand why Tess’ ‘help’ in this situation was invaluable, but he could also read out the tension in the group dynamic. Who was this Tess to the group? She felt like more of an outsider than he was.

“We need you,” Isabel said softly. “Of course we need you. But maybe, next time, you could explain these things instead of shocking your unsuspecting victims.”

“There won’t be a next time, remember?” Tess answered bitterly. “Getting you out of the country will be my last ‘assignment’.”

“Sure,” Isabel said quietly. “Of course.”

Alex could sense sadness from the Amazon beauty and wondered idly if Isabel had a stronger connection to Tess than the rest of the group.

“Anyway,” Michael grumbled from the other side of the van. He had made himself African American and looked nothing like his previous unruly self. But his voice was just as caucasian as before. “We go in there, book our tickets, and Tess mind warps the shit out of all assholes in there while we get to our gate.”

“We should be visible for the boarding,” Max interjected.

“Yeah,” Maria agreed. “We need to register for our seats on the plane.”

“And just disappear when we’re inside the gate, alright?” Michael continued. “And reappear when we are boarding?”

“What about you?” Maria said, looking at Alex.

Alex hesitated. He felt Liz’s big eyes on him and he knew that this was it. This was the point at which he threw his life away or put his trust in Liz’s ability to be a good people knower.

“I’m gonna stay,” he said quietly.

There was a moment of silence, before Michael struck his hands together. “Great, the less the merrier.”

Liz’s hand squeezed Alex and haltingly he met her eyes.

“Are you sure?” she asked and Alex tried to decipher the look on her face. Did she want him to come along or to stay? She hadn’t wanted him to come with her outside of Whitehorse, but maybe she had changed her mind.

But he could see now that she was going to be safe. That she was going to be protected far beyond what he could offer. He could see it in the way Max Evans was looking at her and how he treated her. The only person Alex didn’t want to have in close proximity to Liz was Tess - and maybe Melissa (but he didn’t really know her) - but as he had understood it, Tess was leaving. It probably wasn’t the right time for him to uproot his whole existence and leave his family behind.

This was Liz’s life, Liz’s decision.

“I’m sure,” he answered her softly, but with conviction.

She put her arms around him then, pulling him against her body and hugged him tightly. “Thank you for looking out for me.”

“Promise me that you’ll be careful,” Alex whispered into the sharp tips of her suddenly shortened hair.

“I will,” she replied.

“We’re here,” Melissa announced from the front and Alex felt Liz tense in his arms.

Liz pulled back and looked at him with vulnerability. “Will you come with me inside?”

“I’ll follow you as far as I can,” Alex promised and Liz smiled.

I’m going to miss that smile, Alex thought sadly.

TBC...
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE), Ch 59 10/20/15 p. 39

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Alex, you should go! You have the chance to fall in love with a beautiful woman who it seems has a thing for you already!

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

FBI reminders.....need we say more?
I feel like Alex......who is this Tess, and how does she fit with this group......except they need her mind warps.
Will Alex continue??
Thanks, Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

I guess I understand Alex but sometimes I don't! Who would miss the possibility to see Australia?

He could go, stay a few months and come back, no? He is not an alian and has nothing to fear anyway and such a trip, a dream comes true... stupid not to go!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

tess ia a jerk
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Oh, Alex!!!
great part
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 60

Post by max and liz believer »

Helen (Roswelllostcause
Alex, you should go! You have the chance to fall in love with a beautiful woman who it seems has a thing for you already!
I'm so with you, Helen :D Thank you for the feedback!

Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - Alex won't be joining the group for their "trip outside of North America". At least not right now. Thank you for the feedback!

Eve (begonia9508)
Who would miss the possibility to see Australia?
:lol: Exactly, right? Thank you for the feedback!

Natalie36 - Yep, Tess is something of a jerk. Can't deny that. Thank you for the feedback!

saori_1902 - Thank you :D

Previously on "Lethal Whispers"...

Max and Liz met as children, when Max brought Liz back from fatal injuries in a car crash that killed Liz's mother. In their twenties, Max started having premonitions of Liz about her being in danger. He was later introduced to Liz at an office party where Isabel worked. Max was soon to realize that Liz was the girl he had saved many years ago and that in saving her they had formed a bond.

Max saved Liz from the attack that he had seen several times in his premonitions. The rescue attracted the attention of the Special Unit of the FBI and the aliens (plus Maria and Liz) decided to go on the run. There they were momentarily rescued by Melissa - Max's co-worker from Boston - who turned out to be an alien too. Their protector. Who had been watching over the podsters their whole lives. Upon that contact, Melissa made Liz unconscious to stop her from taking part of an alien discussion. That unconscious state brought forward a second individual in Liz - Aislin. According to Melissa, the aliens had lived before on Antar. They had been royalty and part of the royal guard. Upon dying, Zan (Max) had "saved" Aislin's essence inside his own. Aislin was the woman Zan loved. Aislin's essence accidentally got transferred to the (temporarily) dead body of Elizabeth Parker before Max brought her back to life.

Max and Liz have fallen for each other and have deepened their connection by making love. Alex (Liz's longtime friend) managed to track the group down and encountered them at a pit-stop. Liz told him about the aliens and it was decided that Alex would come along. Michael had a fit about Alex being brought along on the trip and hit Max, which caused Liz to somehow tap into Max's powers and put up a shield between Max and Michael to protect Max. This told everyone that Liz was able to use Max's powers (even though she's human), but also that in doing so Liz gets depleted of energy. So Max had to transfer some of his energy to her.

Both Max and Isabel have demonstrated their "alienness" to Alex in the previous chapters, turning Alex into a believer. Unfortunately, Tess also made a demonstration. Of FBI-agents storming the van and shooting Liz. She did not make a good impression there.

Alex decided to not leave the country with the aliens since he wasn't prepared to leave his whole life in the US.

Now we're gonna move a bit faster and skip some into the future.

CHAPTER 60
Special Agent Joel Martin
Four weeks later

It had been their only sign of aliens since 1947.

And now they were gone.

If they had only picked up those bloody aliens at the motel when they abducted Elizabeth Parker - as he had suggested - everything would be right as rain right about now.

Instead, they were in a crisis meeting, assistant directors shouting at each other, frightened secretaries trying to calm everyone down by offering coffee and baked goods. Fists were being slammed into the table surface, chairs were scraped backwards as yet another person yelled out a frustrated protest and papers swirled occasionally through the air. One could presume one was watching a rerun episode of ‘The Office’ rather than the real life meeting of dignitary agents.

It had been five weeks since he’d had Elizabeth Parker restrained in a metal chair and squeezed information out of her. Only a couple of hours after Elizabeth Parker had been returned to her 'friends', the FBI had hunted the aliens at West Edmonton Mall - where the aliens had vanished without a trace.

They had been sure that the aliens would try to leave North America and that they would need to get to an airport to do so. But all the airports had been watched, since even before the questioning of Elizabeth Parker, and they hadn’t turned anything up.

The aliens were gone.

Probably still hiding in North America. Because there was no way that they had managed to board a flight with the number of agents watching the international airports or their photos coming up as red flags at passport checks.

They had to still be in North America.
Alex
2 months past the aliens’ departure from North America

Alex took the letter out of his mailbox and immediately recognized the handwriting. Putting the letter between his lips, he pushed the mailbox closed, locked it and unlocked the door to his apartment. He quickly locked the door behind him and put his finger inside the corner of the envelope, ripping it open.

Dearest friend,

I hope this letter finds you okay and that you got back to Boston alright. By now, you’ve had plenty of time to think about everything that happened and I hope that it hasn’t made you regret your decision to let me go. I can tell you now, that it was the right choice.

I’m great. I’m happy. I feel safe and have stopped looking over my shoulder. X and I got an apartment, just two blocks down from M&M’s place. They’re gonna have a baby soon. I don’t think I told you when we met last (everything was so crazy then). We’re all really looking forward to this child. I guess we’re all sort of hoping that it will bring us a fresh start, bring normalcy and happiness into our lives.

She misses you (I think you know who I mean). It took her a week or two before she realized that she really liked you, that she had basically fallen for you the second she saw you. So… if you’re feeling lonely, there’s a woman here that wouldn’t mind easing that loneliness.

It’s still too dangerous for me to write of our location. I will figure out a way to get it to you. Would you please tell my dad that I’m okay, that I’ll contact him as soon as I can? I think they are keeping a close eye on his correspondence still, so I can’t risk it right now.

I miss you. So much.

Love,
L

Liz
6 months past the aliens’ departure from North America

Liz sat up straight in bed, the covers bundling up around her waist, her naked chest moving briskly up and down as she struggled for a normal breathing rhythm.

“Liz?”

His hand fumbled for the switch to the bedside lamp in the darkness of the night.

“I’m okay,” she whispered, breathless, and threaded shaking hands through her hair, feeling the cold sweat on her forehead.

The light flicked on and his arms were around her waist, pulling her against his bare warm chest, his lips against her forehead as his hand came up to settle in her hair, encouraging her head against the comfort of his chest.

“You’re not,” he refuted quietly, concern rippling through their connection.

She knew that she couldn’t hide it from him, that even without their connection he would know that something was amiss.

But habits were hard to break. It was so much easier to just stick to ‘I’m fine’. She didn’t like to worry him.

“It was just a nightmare,” she whispered, squeezing her eyes tightly shut and trying to dispel the images of the white room, of the restraints, of the syringes and needles.

“About Aislin?” Max breathed into her hair.

“About the white room,” Liz answered.

Max stilled beside her and she automatically held her breath, awaiting his reaction.

“That’s new,” he whispered, and there was a hint of fear that he was trying to keep out of his voice.

His hand brushed down her bare back, tracing the curve of her spine - leaving goosebumps of pleasure in its wake. She pressed against him harder, seeking warmth and security.

“I think my memory is coming back,” she said.

He sighed and kissed her temple. She could feel the self-blame reverberate through their connection. He was beating himself up, still seeing it as his fault that she had been taken.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled.

“You were not the one restraining me to a metal chair and drugging me,” Liz objected, feeling her body tightening with anger. Not at him, but for the unfairness of their past, for not being able to completely escape what those monsters had done to them.

“He thinks he’s from another planet, but he doesn’t know for sure. He doesn’t know anything about his past. He woke up in a cave, as a four-year-old, together with his sister.”

“Isabel Evans?”

“Yes. She has abilities too.”

“She’s alien?”

“She believes so.”

“What can she do? What are her abilities?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know.”

“Are there any more like Max and Isabel?”

“Michael. Their friend: Michael. And Tess. Can’t remember her last name.”

“Michael Guerin and Theresa Harding?”

“Yes.”

“What are their abilities?”

“I don’t know what Michael can do. But Tess… She can make you see things that aren’t real.”

“What does that mean?”

“She invades your mind and projects images in your head. If she wants you to think that you’re in a jungle, you will.”

“Ms. Parker. What is their agenda? What do they want from us?”

“Nothing. Nothing.”

“Liz?” Max’s voice brought her back from her dream, from the memory.

“I told him everything,” she whispered and her voice broke. Her nails dug into the skin of his chest as she repeated, “Everything.”

“Baby, we already suspected as much,” Max whispered and captured her hands with his, pulling them away from his chest and bringing them up to his lips, kissing the center of her knuckles on both hands. “You were given a truth serum. You had no choice in the matter.”

“I could’ve fought harder,” Liz said regretfully.

“They didn’t catch us,” Max emphasized. “They didn’t win. It doesn’t matter what they know; they lost.”

“They’re still out there,” Liz whispered.

“They always will be,” Max answered and Liz was once again reminded of how Max had lived his whole life like this. Expecting to be picked up any day because he encountered the wrong person, was seen in the wrong setting.

She looked up at him in the yellow smooth light of the bedroom lamp and cradled his cheek in her hand. Her thumb brushed gentle over his mouth and her eyes followed the movement longingly before looking up into his brown eyes. The irises were peppered with gold in the dim light and she smiled at him.

“What?” he asked, returning her smile.

“I love you,” she said gently, tasting each word. She loved telling him that, ever since she had worked up the nerve to say it to him that first time - 43 days ago.

His eyes darkened, the golden flecks shrinking as his pupils dilated with love and passion. “I love you too.”

“I will always love you,” Liz whispered as desire curled through their connection and she crawled onto his lap, straddling his waist. She felt his response below her naked body as well as through the bond in her mind.

He leaned in and touched his lips to hers as he brought their, still interlaced, hands to her waist against her back, making her breast arch against him. He moaned against her mouth as he kissed the junction between her upper and bottom lip before trailing heated kisses down her jaw, down her throat.

She brought their connected hands to her front and placed his hands over her breasts, her nipples aching for his touch. As she released his hands at their intended destination, her own hands were free to bury themselves in his hair, tugging on it to bring his wandering mouth back to hers. Her lower body rocked against his as she captured his lips, tasted his tongue and let her hands flutter across the features of his face. Sometimes she had troubles containing what she felt for him; it felt like the love was going to rip her apart at the seams.

But what a beautiful way to go, she thought and smiled under the assault of his mouth.

He kissed her smile and slowly lowered them down, her on her back, him adoring her front. He settled between her legs, the friction between their bodies delicious as he moved slightly up her length to place a kiss on her forehead.

He pulled back, his weight resting slightly off her body on his elbows, and locked his eyes with hers. She was trembling all over with restrained want, a familiar ache throbbing at the center of her being and small sweat droplets were already spreading across her skin in anticipation of what was bound to happen next.

“I’m so grateful,” he whispered, a tear glistening in the corner of his eye.

“Grateful?” she asked, breathless with need. She didn’t want him to stop, didn’t want him to waste time on talking.

She was about to open her mouth to say just that when he smiled and elaborated; “I’m so grateful that you were the one to deflower me.”

She giggled and lifted herself up on her elbows so that she could press her mouth against his.

So was she. So was she.

Michael Guerin called just five minutes later, according to his impeccable bad timing, and announced that Maria was having contractions and that Max better get his ass over to their apartment right now.

TBC...

--------

Okay, peeps. We're getting close to the end on this one. Only one chapter (the epilogue) left :D
/ Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE), Ch 60 10/25/15 p. 39 (bot

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Boy what I would give to be in Liz's place waking up in Max's arms! Alex really should have gone with them. So Isabel did fall for Alex at first sight. So sad to see this coming to an end. But I hope you will have something new before long!

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE), Ch 60 10/25/15 p. 39 (bot

Post by saori_1902 »

aww, I'm not ready for this to end. Great chapter.