The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) AN 1/24/16

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 11/28/14

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Can't wait to see where you go with this Carrie!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 11/28/14

Post by SmileeUk »

The butterfly scene is magical. It must have something to do with Max :wink:

I wonder if Fred will get along with Max. Doesn't cat know if something alien is around or a threat? :mrgreen:

Please hurry back with more :D
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 4 12/1/14

Post by jake17 »

Eve
Natalie
Carolyn
Lizza
Roswelllostcause
Queen Fee
SmileeUk

Thank you so much everyone for that very sweet fb, Queen Fee, I so appreciate what you said. I hope you know how much all of your fb means to me.

Chapter four

In some ways this beautiful stranger, that took such curiosity in her, reminded her of a precocious, sweet, child.

It was as if he was seeing, experiencing, everything for the first time, like a movie he had seen coming to life right before him.

After a lunch of sandwiches and ice tea, which Max inspected with great interest, only to find it was not exactly what he was used to, but he seemed far too nice to admit to it, evidence of this was the cheese she discovered wrapped up in his napkin.

Smiling she called for Fred, who was more than happy to eat the scraps Liz discreetly placed in his bowl.

After kicking the satisfied tabby outside, they both followed Fred, who purred loudly while rubbing against Max’s legs lovingly.

Seems Liz wasn’t the only one taken in by their devastatingly, handsome new guest.

After reaffirming that they did indeed sit by the fire last night as she placed the mesh lid back on the fire pit filled with ashes, a warm, exciting, whoosh of reality flipped her stomach realizing there really could be no denying what had happened here, no matter how insane it all seemed.

There was a million questions she had buzzing around her head, probably even more if true be told, but gazing up at the brilliant cloudless blue sky as the warm sun lit up the awe inspiring nature surrounding them, she felt the answers she needed could wait for another time.

It probably would seem crazy to anyone else that she could wait for explanations, but the happiness that Liz was feeling, the peace radiating off of him, the sincere kindness, was something she hadn’t felt in so long, and for reasons beyond her understanding, it was enough, at least for right now.

Giving him a wide, warm smile reassuring him that she was in a way inexplicably happy he was there, she made her way to her large garden on the edge of the clearing before the forest began near a large willow tree.

Fascinated by her every move he shadowed her, staying always at least a few feet away, as if it was the proper distance, the respectable thing to do.

On her knees, Liz placed her bag of gardening tools on the ground before digging bare handed to pull up the weeds that were infiltrating her vegetables.

Completely blown away by the way her skin glistened beneath the rays of the hot sun, how her hair that in the house played out the color of a starless night seemed to shimmer with auburn around her flushed cheeks.

Kneeling beside her on the border of the garden he watched entranced by her, his mind tried to convince himself that he was just collecting data, useful information he could take back with him as proof that humans were not the uncaring, selfish, race bent on greed and destruction as he was taught.

But as hard as he tried there would be no denying it, his heart was captured, a willing, even eager prisoner to everything she was.

She was beyond anything he could have imagined, like a magnet pulling him close, an invisible force of attraction and heat that sparked something deep inside him, something he had no idea existed.

He wondered as he watched her hands digging into the Earth as beads of sweat slid seductively, agonizingly slowly between the valley of her breasts, if this could be the emotion that he had read about in books that the elder scholars kept hidden behind dusty shelves in libraries no one dared to explore, that is except for him.

It was a four letter word, an ancient term no one dared to speak of, a dangerous even lethal form of a multitude of reckless, even dangerous emotions - complete and total devotion, explosive passion, desperate longing, urgent unrestrained lust.

It was said to be the cause of an indescribable well of pleasure and euphoria too extreme to truly be captured by the mere simplicity of words.

But he had also read stories, truths of the past where this feeling was once known on his planet, where it played another role, one more sinister and insidious.

It was the reason of entire eradication of races, communities, even the near destruction of their very own planet.

Jealousy, anguish beyond description formed from tainted, devious intentions were known to devour souls and hearts in the most horrid brutal of ways.

It was why these emotions were forbidden where he came from, the stiffest of punishment rained down upon those who refuse to comply with these rules.

Max and his kind were told this was for their protection, vital to the cohesive community based on peace and productivity.

But staring down at her, feeling her so close, still experiencing the warm of her skin on his hands, it was evident to him, at least with some humans, at least with her, that the danger connected with feeling this way for someone like her was no danger at all, it was precious, beautifully rare.

She had taken him in, care for him, nursed him to health, never fearing for her own safety, even after knowing what he was.

Liz was the very definition of compassion, trust coming from nothing than the feelings emulating from her heart, kindness without the expectation of anything in return, caring with the soul of the angels he had read about.

Maybe the elders were wrong, because if anything was love, if the word could ever be boiled down into one precise definition, it would be all of these things.

It would be her.

Shielding the bright sun from his eyes, he knelt beside her to assist her as she continued to pull the offending weeds, evoking a wide smile from her which caused an elated shudder to rip through him in the most glorious way.

He had fallen from the sky, tossed around the universe like a toy, pulled in by a force of unrestrained powerful gravity, crawled up a hill of thick forest, dragging himself along mud and prickly brush, only to find himself in her grace.

If that wasn’t the fate, the books spoke of, if she, and how he felt beside her failed to live up to the tales of that four letter word known as love… nothing ever would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz feeling better working her little piece of heaven, her land, far away from everyone, from the world outside finally came inside as late afternoon faded into night.

Stilling, frozen as she walked into the living room, her eyes lit up looking down to the banquet of food and wine set up in front of the small flames nestled inside her rock formed fireplace the rose straight up to the ceiling.

Appearing beside her Max gave her a hint of a smile hoping for a sign of approval.

“Are you pleased?”

His husky inviting voice washed over her causing those butterflies to take flight in her stomach once again.

“How? I-I mean I didn’t know you could cook.”

Excited he pointed to her grandmothers cookbooks which were neatly placed back in their place.

“I read the instructions, I followed the procedures the letter. I hope chicken Marsala is to your liking. I was restricted to the ingredients available in the kitchen.”

Nodding wide eyed, and completely shocked Liz looked down at herself, she was covered in dirt and sweat, her ponytail hanging down around her shoulders.

Max had already showered, and obviously figured out the shaving stuff that Kyle had left behind from previous visits.

His black hair was still damp, framing his face, falling over his warm golden eyes.

He was wearing a black tee shirt, and a dark pair of Kyle’s jeans, he was beautiful, something that artists would insist on capturing in color or clay.

Biting hard on her bottom lip she began twirling her fallen ponytail as she pointed towards the bathroom deliriously, deliciously, distracted by his presence.

“I’m just going to jump in the shower, I love what you did, the food looks amazing. This is seriously the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a long time Max.”

His eyes immediately fell towards the floor as his endearing shyness overtook him once again, this was all so new, nothing that he was used to, but he wanted to make her smile, to see her happy.

After everything, after the nightmare he escaped from, it helped, she was truly an angel pushing the horrors of what had happened down, burying them somewhere safe, somewhere far from his heart.

“I’m just going to jump in the shower real quick, I’ll be right out, why don’t you pour us some wine and I’ll be back before you know it.”

Nodding he stepped sideways breathing in deep as she squeezed past him brushing against him as she made her way past the narrow opening in the kitchen.

Waiting till she was gone he braced his hands on the door frame trying to no effect to slow his heart that seemed insistent on hammering like a drum whenever she touched him.

Standing under the steam of the shower, Liz let the scalding water wash over her as she admitted to herself that she really had no idea what or who he was, that she was far away from anyone that could ever hear her, that the few people that even knew where she was didn’t care and were too far away even if they did.

She was taking a huge risk, something she swore she would never do again.

Washing the coconut shampoo from her long dark hair she couldn’t help but not care, he made her feel things she had never felt before, and there was nothing scary about it, in fact, if truth be told she had never felt safer than by his side.

Maybe it was the way he looked at her, with no agenda, no manipulative intentions, his eyes were one of innocence, vulnerability, sweetness.

Stepping out of the shower she wiped the condensation from the mirror and gazed at herself in a way that she hadn’t in a long time, if ever.

It could have been the full moon shining through the window, or the seemingly millions of star dotting the sky, or just him, it didn’t matter, she was happy, truly happy, and for some reason the need to question that was irrelevant.

Slipping on a thin white cotton sundress she emerged from the bedroom still wet from her shower.

Like a breeze from Islands he had read about, she appeared barefoot, long wavy wet hair stuck to her sun kissed shoulders, with no make up, just the natural blush on her cheekbones and the sweet shade of pale strawberries that touched her bare lips.

Finding it almost hard to breathe he stood from the thick flannel blanket he had placed on the floor placing his hand in the air signalling her to sit beside him in front of the fire.

It was then that the sky opened up, staring up at the ceiling they immediately heard the hard pounding of rain hitting the flat roof above them.

Disappointment covered her face as she looked out the window.

“I don’t understand, it was clear when I got out of the shower, I really wanted to eat this incredible meal under the stars outside, It was so nice out.”

Barely able to hear each other over the torrential downpour that was smacking the roof, he raised his arms out away from his body and turned his palms up towards the ceiling instantly sealing out the noise from above until once again it was silent.

“Please sit by the fire, sip upon the wine I poured for you, and I will give you what you want.”

Still stunned by the him blocking out the noise of the rain she almost robotically obeyed him and reached for the wine glass.

Sighing as the Merlot slid down her throat warming her from the inside she kept her sights on his as he stood in the middle of the room with eyes closed as if focusing intensely.

He was motionless for several seconds before waving both hands across the room leaving a trail of brilliant white beams of light in his wake.

Opening his eyes he looked down at her and smiled as the curved glowing lights stretched over their heads.

Kneeling in front of her he tentatively reached for her hands holding them both in his for several seconds while staring deeply into her wide eyes.

Speaking in a velvet tone that skimmed along her skin like gentle kisses, he whispered close to her mouth. “Liz, I want you to make a wish and open your hands.”

Feeling as if she were flying, she closed her eyes and made her wish before staring once again back to him.

“Did you make your wish?”

Nodding feeling intense heat inside the palms of her hands her eyes widened as flickers of lights began to escape threw her fingers.

“Ok, open your palms.”

Taking a deep breath she felt him release her hands and slowly let her palms fall away.

Suddenly streams of light rose out of her hands straight up to the ceiling breaking apart his brilliant beams into tiny stars reaching the entire room all around them.

It was as if she were sitting in the night sky as thousands of stars surrounded her hovering shimmering like diamonds everywhere.

The room was pitch black, except for her stars, the stars he created for her, and the flames of the fire flickering before them.

Raising his beautiful glowing eyes towards her he hesitated momentarily before speaking as if he was trusting her with his heart.

“Anything is possible in my world, besides, someone like you, Liz, were meant to have your very own stars, anything else would just pale in comparison.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie all I can say is another great chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

so beautiful can't wait to see what is next for our couple
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey Carrie,

So it is forbidden in Max's planet, to love...

And Max is really vulnerable, in this case, because he sees only Liz and what he feels for her - and not all the awful things which also happen on Earth in the name of love...

Thanks Carrie, hope she doesn't disappoint him... EVE :?
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

All I can say is wow!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Another outstanding part Carrie,
So emotions are forbidden where Max came from......how sad!
I'm anxious to find out more about Max's escape.......but we do know he doesn't like cheese. He was a gentleman and didn't want to hurt Liz's feelings.
So now, wonder what Liz wished for.......and what will she get??
Thanks,
Carolyn
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

It is a great part of writing. So much emotion and love radiating from every lines in the story :D

Well done to you and I cannot wait to read the next part :wink: :wink:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Ok. I'm officially speechless. Wow what an intense story. I hope things start to clear up and wonder why Liz is living the way she has chosen.