The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) AN 1/24/16

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 2 7/10/14

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

Carrie,

I just discovered this story & am absolutely loving it so far! How this has started has me completely intrigued & dying to know the back stories on Max & Liz! Please hurry back with more soon, I have to know what happens next! :mrgreen:

-Sarah-
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi Carrie,

Missing this story please post more soon

Special thanks too

claudialynn
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Just found this fic & what a mysterious start :D

I have so many questions & can't wait to read more to get them answered :mrgreen:

Please hurry back :wink:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey Carrie! I am waiting impatiently for more too! EVE :mrgreen: :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 11/28/14

Post by jake17 »

thank you so much for remembering this, thank you so much

chapter three

Backing away as he gazed up at her she felt no fear, in fact it was almost as if she had known him from somewhere, long ago in her past maybe, but she had no idea how that could be possible considering he was not from… here.

That’s as far as she would let it go in her mind for now, the reality was too much, nothing that could be possible.

Softly she ran her finger over the foreign symbols around his wrist.

He closed his eyes for a moment feeling the warm of her skin touching him, this kind of interaction was frowned upon where he came from, he was taught since he was a child that physical interaction beyond anything absolutely necessary was forbidden.

“Well Max, I’m really, very… “ her eyes flickered up towards his, so innocent, warm, childlike, as if he was sweetly curious about her, everything about her. He gazed into her eyes as if she were the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen. Breaking away from his stare she suddenly felt very self conscious. It felt almost too intimate. “...um, sleepy … tired, so tired, yeah I’m just going to go to bed. You should too, I-I mean, because of your injuries. I don’t think it would be safe for you to try and go anywhere for a couple of days at least. Of course that’s up to you, I-I mean you’re a grown man you can do what you like, not that you need me to tell you that.”

Feeling again like a rambling lunatic Liz began to back up unaware that she had reached the edge of the patio.

By the time her heel had gone over the side it was too late for her to catch herself but it didn’t matter.

Within a blink of an eye Max was there, strong gentle arms holding her as if she were the most fragile creature he’d ever touched.

Smiling at her with great curiosity he brought her close until her feet her once again firmly planted on the ground.

“Liz, you’re shaking, and your heart rate is again beating exceptionally fast, is everything alright?”

Reaching for the handle for the back door she nodded trying to wrap her brain around what was happening.

“Yeah, yes, uh huh, I-I mean I’m totally good. Too much coffee today I think, so … like I said you are welcome to stay a few days or, well however long… ok so I’m just going to head to bed. Good night.”

He nodded once kindly, as if completely amused and taken in by her charm, he never imagined humans this way, she was unlike anything he had ever studied. It was definitely a welcomed surprise, and one that once sorely needed to help him face what had happened.

It was only when Liz made the turn out of the kitchen when she spotted him out the window waving his hand over the rises flames instantly extinguishing them to ashes.

Shuffling her feet quickly down the hall she nearly slammed into the wall as she took the corner to her grandmother’s bedroom too fast, trying too hard to rationalize what had just happened.

“I did not see that, I SO did not see that.”

Whispering over and over as she crawled beneath the heavy multi colored quilt she scooted down till just her big brown eyes peaked out.

‘Ok, so you just invited a complete stranger to stay at your house, one who may or may not be from this planet, and may or may not have exceptional speed or the ability to put out fire with his bare hands, all in all, a good call Liz.’

Her inner dialogue went on for the better part of an hour as she tried to put everything that happened into some sort of perspective, trying very hard to find logical explanations for everything, of course this was impossible.

Still something in her told her that for some reason he needed to be protected, that she could trust him.

Flopping on her side she twisted her hair around her finger as she thought about those eyes, so sincere and kind, so beautiful.

It wasn’t long after that before she fell into a peaceful sleep, the best she had had in years.

Moving away from her door he smiled making his way to the bed she had offered her. “That’s it sleep pretty raven, sleep.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The afternoon sun was strong as it streamed around the edges of the shades that were pulled down over her windows.

Holding her hand up to shield her eyes she felt a heaviness on her head pushing down hard on her neck, “What the hell… “

It wasn’t till she heard the loud motor like purr of the neighbor's cat that had been curled up on her head that she groaned loudly.

“Damn it Fred!”

Feeling as if she’d been asleep forever Liz held onto the walls as she made her way out the bedroom tripping over Fred as the orange tabby ran between her feet in the hopes of beating her to the kitchen.

Rubbing her eyes she pulled at her sweatshirt looking down at her cut off shorts wondering why she slept in her clothes, and more to the point what the hell made her had that insane dream.

Stopping suddenly she turned to look back realizing that she slept in her grandmother’s bed.

“What the hell?”

Rushing to her bedroom she sighed falling against the door when she saw that everything was normal, no aliens, no bloody bandages or first aid kits. Everything was the same as it ever was.

Stumbling into the bathroom she looked up into the mirror cringing as she attempted to pull a brush through her tangled, messy hair.

Grunting as she forced the bristles against the twisted knots she worked it out until it was silky straight before pulling it back into a high ponytail.

Reaching back she started the shower before quickly looking up as something whisked past the corner of her eye.

Sighing as she shed her clothes she yelled through the house, “Fred I’m not in the mood!”

Flipping over ample amount of grapefruit body wash into her hands she quickly showered.

In desperate need of coffee Liz reached for her worn jeans with the holes in the knees and a black tank top thinking she would spend the rest of the afternoon working in her garden.

Slipping into her flip flops she made her way into the kitchen to reach for the coffee can before realizing that all the groceries were out of the bags and neatly placed in odd places around the room.

Confused she couldn’t even remember putting anything away, it was then that she heard a low humming.

Pushing open the back door she stepped outside to find a pile of burnt wood and ashes in the fire pit, something wasn’t right, but the sound was distracting her too much to figure out what it was.

Looking all around she had no idea where the noise was coming from, only that it was getting louder.

Squinting her eyes she looked around as the humming changed to more of a fluttering sound. It was so loud it was beginning to scare her, but as hard as she looked there was nothing.

It was then that she saw a bright blue butterfly resting on the back of her hand.

Bringing it up to her face she was shocked as it just stayed, quiet and still, so beautiful, seemingly not afraid of her at all.

Suddenly she felt a velvet flutter of wings pass by her ankles.

Looking down she gasped as at least a hundred butterflies of all colors and sizes were flying waist high around her in circles.

Startled she went to jump back before she felt two hands rest on her shoulders, and a deep soft voice against her ear.

“Shh, you’ll scare them, they like you.”

Closing her eyes she moaned quietly as everything began to rush back to her, this was no dream, he was real, it had all really happened.

“Relax, they’re very docile creatures, they won’t hurt you.”

She laughed quietly as they began to land all over her, on the tips of her fingers, across her shoulders, it was amazing, something out of a movie.

Looking back she watched as he slid his hands from her almost stepping back as if he was shy, as if touching her was crossing a line.

"You seem surprised to see me."

Staring up at him through an array of colored wings she whispered low, embarrassed, feeling as if he could see right through her.

“I thought you were a dream.”

Confused he shoved his hands in the front pockets of the jeans she had left for him by the bed.

“What is a dream? Is it something bad?”

Shaking her head she watched as the brilliantly colored butterflies lifted gently from her rising into the bright sun.

“No, it’s not Max, not at all.”

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey Carrie! I just adored this part with the butterflies :oops:

I am not really an insects fan but butterflies, I love!!! Since I was a little girl and ran into fields, looking for them with a little net for butterflies, I am fascinated by their beauty and short-lived lifetime...

And that Max chose these little wonders, say a lot about him, in this story. He is not the agressiv alien... lucky Liz!

Waiting impatiently for more thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

Wonderful just wonderful :D
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I'm so happy to see the continuation of this mystery.
Liz, the beautiful raven........not aggressive like other humans.
She was intrigued with the foreign symbols on his wrist.........so am I....
He put the fire out with his hands........strange huh, Liz?
As Eve mentioned, the beautiful butterflies were a wonderful way to show Liz he was not dangerous.
Finally coming awake.......Liz thought she had been dreaming......but told Max it wasn't a bad dream.
Can't wait to see where we go next.......
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie great chapter!!!!

L-J-L 76
Queen Fee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Queen Fee »

Just found this and I absolutely adore it. I love the magical and wondrous images you have created especially with the moment at the beginning with Liz on the swing and then with the butterflies. Can't wait for more of this :)

Oh and I must say, I've been reading a lot of your stories lately, so well written, thought out and thoroughly enjoyable to read with a nice cup of tea!