Death Is A Playground (UC/CC,ADULT) Ch 41 1/15/11 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death Is A Playground (UC/CC,ADULT) Ch 41 1/15/11 [WIP]

Post by darkmoon »

made by the amazing Burningchaos!!!
Runner Up for:
Best Science Fiction Fanfiction
Most Imaginative Fanfiction
Favorite Supporting Portrayal of Alex Whitman
Favorite Portrayal of Serena
Favorite Portrayal of a Dupe

Title: Death is A Playground
Disclaimer:The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine. I also don't own the movie Butterfly Effect. It's owned by Infinifilm and the writers.
Pairings/Couples: FutureLiz/FutureMax, Kyle/Ava, Liz/Zan, Rath/Lonnie, Tess/Alex
Rating: Adult (For mention of Rape, Torture, Character Death)
Summary: What if all the pain Liz went through with Future Max was for nothing? What if instead of having 14 year together, the enemies take over in 6? What if someone comes back to fix the mistakes that were created by Future Max and Liz?
Author's Note: Prologue set 4 years after the end of series. From Chapter 1 and on is set in EoTW. This is very dark. Rape, Torture, and LOTS Character Death play heavily on this fic. If any of these themes bother you, don't read. Also this deals heavily on time travel.
This is actually from a horrible dream that haunted me for a month before I started to write. I have found my mind a scary place.
I also want to thank Burningchaos and KiaraAlexisKlay for betaing and keeping me sane while writing. They make me a better writer. You two are my heroes!!!

Prologue

Liz was grateful that the day had started. Zan snuffled next her, clinging to her body heat. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to stay. She had grown to love the young boy in her arms. He was the only good thing that had come from Max and Tess’s union.

“You’re thinking too loud, chickie.” A gruff but decidedly female voice grumbled from the other side of the bed.

“Kyle contacted me last night, Av.” Liz whispered across the sleeping child. She dragged him closer to her, as if to shield him from the news.

“Kyle contacts me every night. What’s so special about last one?” Ava’s head emerged from under the thin pillow.

“What you and your husband do in your head is your own business. Kyle was popping into mine with news on the g-r-a-n-o-l-i-t-h.” Liz wrinkled her nose, as if slightly traumatized by the idea of Kyle and Ava having private moments in Ava’s head.

“Liz, cornball, Khivar has taken over Earth… I think he’s learned how to spell, if he’s listening in.” Ava reached over and patted Liz’s cheek.

“Speaking of his demonic evilness, plans need to be set in motion. I need you to keep Zan here as long as possible. I will try to make this quick, and I will find you.” Liz slipped from Zan’s embrace, allowing Ava to cuddle up to him. Liz’s heart broke more as Zan whimpered and murmured mommy.

She closed her eyes and blocked off her heart. It was a mission, just like every other day was. Quickly showering and changing her clothes, Liz reminded herself of the plan.

She steeled herself as she walked out the door. She glared at the two guards at her door. “I’m ready to see Khivar. Take me to him.”

The two guards nodded and walked her to Khivar’s room. They always stood in front of her. Even in the elevator, they had her walk to the back. It was like they were protecting her. It confused her, but most things did in this place of horrors. Soon she would get the information that she needed. Then revenge would be hers.

“Dearest Elizabeth, how are you?” A slick voice slid over Liz’s skin like oil meeting water. She felt dirty being in the room with him. To many, he was perfect. The human race was dying out, and yet they craved him. Some saw him as punishment for our decadent ways. Others saw him as a savior cleansing the unworthy. Liz saw him as the bastard fake he was. Antar had been drained dry by his needs. He had found Earth by the reincarnation of a rejected almost Queen.

“I need you.” Liz let the words drip from her lips like honeyed poison. She could see his dark eyes light up as if he believed he won. She was his… as much as she’d let him. Khivar was cruel and heartless, and as gullible as he claimed all of humanity was. He used to whisper in her ear as he raped her of Stockholm syndrome; how eventually she would no longer be disgusted by his advances, but actually welcome them. Sadly, he never thought that maybe she might turn his knowledge of humans against him.

He drew her to him, waving his guards out of the room. “You have me.”

Nausea coursed through her, she could feel it‘s acidic burning in the back of her throat as she pulled off her shirt. With a swallow, she let the pants fall. “Take me.” The words choked her. Her revulsion was hidden in layers of hatred.

“I told you someday you would be mine. Body and soul.” Khivar stroked her face. His dry thumb scrapped across her cracked lips. He placed a hand to her left breast. As he lifted his hand, a tribal tattoo of Khivar’s house gleamed from her skin. “Now even your heart bares my symbol.”

Liz turned from him, and walked to the bed. She turned back, and cocked her head. “What are you waiting for? I told you I needed you.”

“I was told once that humans need romance.” Khivar smirked. Liz had spit those words at him the first time he took her.

“I was reminded that I’m not fully human anymore.” Liz murmured with a smirk as she crawled onto the bed. She let some of her hair fall into her face. She knew Khivar enjoyed the act of owning his rival’s wife; it never meant he actually liked looking at her.

Khivar quickly crossed the room, his clothes dematerializing along the way. As Liz felt him enter her, she slid her hand under his pillow. She almost cried with relief when her fingers slid over the sharp blade. With an honest cry of joy, she maneuvered herself on top.

“I like being on top.” Liz grinned as she pulled out Khivar’s blade. She laughed as the sensation of freedom flowed through her.

The look of horror flashed over Khivar’s face as Liz sank the four inch serrated blade into his heart. Liz’s face showed her disgust of him as he dissolved into dust. “Looks like the half breed got the best of you, you bastard.” Liz wiped the dust from the inside of her thighs.

Liz knew it wouldn’t be long before Frick and Frack realized that their master was dead. She wanted to be at full power, or at least be able to hold her own. Khivar had reworked Pierce’s drug to stop the hybrid’s powers, making it stronger. She knew that Khivar might have been egotistical bastard, but he wasn’t stupid enough not to have an antidote. She just needed to find it.

She put her clothes on in disgust, placing the knife in her waist band. The nightstand was easily torn apart in her frantic search. Next were the drawers from the only dresser in the room. As she pulled them out one by one, they crashed to the floor. She knew that it had to be in the room. She refused to give up. Zan and Ava were counting her. She grabbed the strong box that had been cushioned in the bottom drawer. Liz knew that the only way to get the box open was to destroying the lock. With all of her strength, Liz bashed the lock into the floor. She closed her eyes and whispered a prayer to whoever would listen, that if the box did hold the vial of antidote, that it hadn’t just broke. A sigh of both relief and annoyance escaped her lips. The box held a nine millimeter and a full clip.

“Well this will be a good defense against Twiddle Dumb and Twiddle Dumber.” Liz grumbled under her breath. As she slide the clip into the gun, a gleam from inside of the dresser caught her eye. Crawling to it, she pulled at the shiny object. A silver case that looked like it would hold a pair of glasses came loose in her hand. Stifling a cry of glee, the inside held a hypodermic needle. A green liquid was contained in the syringe.

Liz tapped for a vein, and snorted at herself. ‘This must be what it’s like to be a junky getting a much needed fix.’ The thought swarm through her brain as the liquid slid though her veins. She could feel the tingle of electricity jump between her fingers. It crept up her arms, almost like vines climbing lattice.

Picking up the gun, Liz knew it was now or never. Kyle was waiting for her in the med bay. But more importantly, she needed to get Ava and Zan. Liz cracked her neck, and walked out of room. A quick shot to each of the guards’ seal made dust of her main opponents. Liz was never so grateful for Utah. It had taught her how to hold a gun. She thought to herself that her biggest fear was not being able to pull the trigger, but that was put to rest in two clouds of dust. Now her fear was that she wasn’t going to be able to stop.

She quickly walked down the stairs. Liz willed herself not to run. Running would just tire her out, and wouldn’t help her in the long run. She reminded herself of the plan. She would be no good to anyone if she fell asleep once she got where she needed to be.

With a quick shot, another skin was nothing but dust. She opened the door, and quickly ducked. “Aves, this plan isn’t going to work if you bash in my brains.” Liz smirked at the glaring Ava holding a vase.

“You’re quick.” Ava dropped the vase, and then turned her head. “Zanny, Mommy is here!”

The small boy came running from his hiding spot. “Mommy!” Zan threw himself into Liz’s arms.

Liz handed Ava the gun as she grabbed Zan. She stroked his brown hair, and kissed his forehead. “Were you good for Auntie Av?”

“I hide just like I was told. Auntie Av says we’re taking a trip. Is that true, Mommy?” Zan’s blue eyes were wide with wonder. Tess might have given birth to Zan, but in every other possible way he was her son.

“We are, baby.” Liz snuggled him, as he sat on her hip. “But first I need you to close your eyes. It’s a surprise! I don’t want to see any peeking,” then looked over at Ava. “I found enough for me. I’m sorry that you’re stuck with the gun. It’s got four shots left.” Liz ran a hand down Ava’s hair.

Ava knew that Liz had done something to her hair. It wasn’t till a shoulder length bang fell into her eyes that she realized it was pink and black. “You shouldn’t have.” Ava’s eyes filled with tears.

“Sweetie, you’ve gone two years without being able to look like you. I wanted to give you this.” Liz smiled; then looked over at Zan, who had his hands over his eyes. “Sweetie, look at your Auntie. Isn’t she pretty?”

Zan dropped his hands from his eyes. “Auntie Av! You’re so pretty!” Zan’s eyes were wide with wonder. “How’d you do that?”

“Your mommy did it for me. It’s magic.” Ava pulled Liz and Zan into a hug. “Let’s do this. The more we stay and chat… The harder it’s going to be to get through.”

“Get through where?” Zan looked up at his mommy.

“The trip, baby. Now, cover your eyes again.” Liz kissed Zan on the forehead. With a quick smile that reminded Liz of Max, Zan placed his hands against his eyes again. It was sharp pain that Liz had forgotten.

Ava checked outside the door, and waved Liz out the door. The walk down to the med bay was a short and amazingly uneventful. Once they got inside the med bay though, Liz felt her heart break. One of her oldest friends was lying there with tubes attached to him. Liz placed Zan on one of the gurneys. “Ok, baby, you can open your eyes.”

Zan opened them and looked around, his gaze landing on Kyle. “Hi Uncle Kyle.” Zan waved to the comatose man.

It broke Liz’s heart a little more. “Zan, Uncle Kyle and Auntie Av are going to watch you for a moment. I’ve got to do something real quick.” Liz smiled sadly as Zan nodded his head. She walked and sealed the doors to hallway. Then she walked over to one of the cabinets. Liz waved Ava over. The two women pushed the cabinet away from the wall to revel a door. Liz quickly squeezed Ava’s hand before walking through to the newly discovered room.

In the middle of a white room that mirrored the one in Max’s nightmares stood the Granolith in all its glory; it was the reason behind most of her pain, and her only hope. She placed a shaky hand to the cone and whipped around as she noticed something moving in the corner of her sight.

“I need you to tell it what time to take you to. Remember where I said the key was?” Kyle smiled softly at Liz. He looked perfect. One would never think he was the same man in the other room hooked up to life support.

“I remember. I just don’t like it.” Liz pushed her hand more firmly to the granolith. A date that destroyed her world flashed through her mind.

“Now it’s time. Buddha knows I’ve done most of the work. I’ve never been happier that that skin got a lucky shot.” Kyle tried to place a hand over Liz’s, it merging with it instead. “Who would have thought Evan’s gift of life would have these neato side effects.”

“We both did… our senior year.” Liz pulled her hand away. “I can’t believe that you, the jock, got most of the mental skills.”

“It’s because I’m more advanced. Buddha does have some benefits. The health insurance might suck, but the life insurance is to be reincarnated for.” Kyle laughed a little.

“I’m going to miss you.” Liz wiped a tear from her eye.

“No you won’t. Because if this works… You’ll have nothing to miss.” Kyle shook his head and flickered out of existence.

Liz wiped both eyes, hoping that they didn’t look like she was ready to cry. Zan wouldn’t understand. She took a shaky breathe, and walked out of the room. She noticed Zan was laying down on the gurney.

Ava had a needle ready. She tapped it, and squirted out some fluid. “Mommy’s back, Zanny. Time for your medicine.”

Liz walked over, and climbed onto the gurney with Zan. She held him in her arms. “This will make you a little sleepy, but Mommy will be here when you wake up.”

Zan smiled softly, and held out his arm to Ava. He hid his eyes in Liz’s chest as the needle slid in. A tear escaped his eyes that were squeezed shut. “It burns, Mommy.”

“Mommy knows, but it’ll make you better.” Liz willed herself not to cry. She felt Zan’s breathing stutter, and slow. “Sleep tight for Mommy.” She held him closer to her as she felt his heart stop. “Be strong, my baby.” Liz cried into his hair.

“I’m sorry, Liz.” Ava rubbed Liz’s arm.

“It’s better this way. If I fail, I don’t want him to suffer when the guards find you all.” Liz got off the bed, holding Zan’s body to her chest. She placed him in the bed with Kyle. “Uncle Kyle’s going to watch over you, baby.” Liz felt herself try to break down. She fisted her hands. She refused.

“My turn, Lizzie.” Ava climbed into bed with her husband and Zan. She smiled as she plunged the liquid into her veins. “Promise me something, Cornball.” Ava reached for Liz’s hand.

Liz grabbed Ava’s hand. “Anything.”

“Kick Future Max in the nuts for me.” Ava laughed a little, as she gasped for air. “I’ll see you on the other side, my love.” Ava looked over at Kyle’s sleeping face.

Liz felt her tears drip down her face as she pulled the plugs to Kyle’s life support. “I’m not leaving anyone alive to be tortured by those bastards. I promise I will make a difference, Kyle.”

As she watched the heart monitor flat line, Liz grabbed a scalpel. She bit her tongue against the bile in her throat as she cut into Kyle’s abdomen. She stuck her hand in, flinching at the knowledge that she was in the guts of one of her best friends. She found the missing piece hidden below his diaphragm. She pulled out the granolith crystal and threw up next to the bed.

Liz wiped a hand across her mouth and walked to a sink hidden in a corner of the med bay. She refused to go to the past with the real blood of her friends on her hands. It was bad enough knowing that the figurative blood was there already.

After she finished, the pounding on the doors to the med bay started. The guards must have realized Khivar was dead. She walked to the granolith room, the crystal clutched in one hand. She jammed it into the slot, and watched it change colors. “Here goes nothing.” Liz closed her eyes as she placed a hand to the cone.
Last edited by darkmoon on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 63 times in total.
My Author's Page ~ Click on picture

I will never know the sweet love of Milk! ~ Khivar in Through The Looking Glass
darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Chapter 1 ~ 5/25

Post by darkmoon »

Burningchaos ~ You slightly biased cause you're my best friend. But knowing you love this fic... It makes me the happiest girl in the world.

Natalie36 ~ I hope it's still as awesome with this part. Thank you very much for liking it.

Dream Weaver ~ Thank you! The prologue was a dream I had. Sadly it wasn't one that would go away. It kept me awake for a month. So I started writing. I just hope I can do the characters justice.

Ruthandnina ~ Thank you very very much! I hope this chapter holds up to your expectations. As a warning; it's going to be a while for FutureLiz/FutureMax love.

Tinie38 ~ Thank you!

Chapter 1

The scent of the desert filled her nose.

Liz slowly opened her eyes as the sound of rushing and the pain of pounding blood subsided in her ears.

She knew this street.

She had played here as a child. It held memories of childhood pranks, skinned knees, laughter, the occasional fight and of gentle teasing. The house seemed so normal.

No one could have predicted it would be the place that would draw battle lines in the sand.

She walked up to the front of Alex’s house, and looked up. A single light shone like a beacon against the dark, it looked like hope felt... Liz knew what she needed to do. As she walked to the porch, and climbed onto a railing a foreign object shifted against her back. She quickly pulled herself onto the roof covering the porch. Her hand drifted to the strange object. Her fingertips brushed the knife, but the butt of the gun caught her off guard.

‘Ava must have placed it there while I wasn’t looking.’ Liz realized with a start. She had been too wrapped up in grief that it never registered.

With a deep breath, Liz knocked on the window pane. She felt the air knocked out her as Alex, her Alex: alive, vital and just as she remembered, came to the window.

“Liz?” Alex lifted the window and let her into his room.

“You’re never going to believe me, but I have to try. Alex, I’m from the future, and I need your help.” She started to pace and wrapped her arms around herself for warmth and comfort.

“The future is horrible. Everyone’s dead, and I’m starting to sound like Future Max. This was so much easier in the plan.” Liz looked over at her very confused best friend. “I’m here to stop things from going wrong. As I talk to you, a future Max is probably talking to me telling me, my younger self, that I need to change the future. I need to stop that from happening. I also need to go to New York. I need your help. I need Kyle’s help. And God save me, I need my younger self and Future Max’s help.”

“So let me get this straight. Max comes back from a version of the future that doesn’t happen because he changes it with your help. The future that was created is the future you’re from. And this is all possible because of?” Alex could feel his head try to explode.

“The granolith… It’s this giant cone thingy. I don’t know much about it except it’s dangerous in the wrong hands. And that it can be used as a space ship, and can cause a micro tear in time and space making time travel possible. I need Kyle and you to keep your version of Liz from touching me. We can exist in the same area, but I’m antimatter to her matter.” Liz babbled. She hated not having any kind of control, but this was Alex. He was alive, and unharmed.

“How do I know you aren’t a shapeshifter?” Alex crossed his arms.

“Alex, if I was a shapeshifter, I would have killed you already.” Liz threw her hands in the air. “I also know that you wrote a valentine to me in fifth grade and signed it from a secret admirer. I told you that I would never find love and that men don’t go for the science geeks. You wanted to cheer me up and build some self esteem.”

“I never told you that it was me.” Alex’s brow wrinkled.

“Alex, I’ve known you forever. I would know your handwriting anywhere.” Liz smiled softly. “Is that enough proof? Or do I have to talk about Alexandria?”

“I thought we agreed that we would never speak of it again?” Alex pointed at her.

“You wanted proof. I figured it would be the fastest way possible. You always looked way better in greens then I ever did.” Liz smiled softly.

“My forced cross-dressing does prove that you are a sick woman for reminding me.” Alex smiled. “What do you need me to do?”

“I need you to call Kyle, and get him here. Also I need you to come up with a plan to cover for Liz, Kyle and yourself going to New York. I can’t do this without you.” Liz rubbed her hands together in a nervous fashion. “After that I haven’t gotten past the ‘It actually worked’ stage yet.”

“How are we getting to New York? I mean I don’t have a car. Neither do you. And we aren’t all going fit in Kyle’s car.” Alex sat down in front of his computer.

“Call Kyle first, we need to get to younger me before Future Max fills her head with stupidity.” Liz took a deep breath. She needed a plan. She needed… She pulled out a worn photo out of one of her pockets. Staring at it for a moment, she reminded herself that she wasn’t helpless. The future was being written as she stood there. Liz just needed to stop it.

Alex was engrossed in conversation with Kyle. “Tell him we’ll meet him at the Crashdown. I can’t wait any longer. A wise man once said ‘Time is a creature that doesn’t like to be kept waiting’.”

Alex quickly blurted out that he’d explain at the Crashdown, and then hung up. “How are we getting there? I can’t just ask Dad for the keys to the car.”

“Just trust me.” Liz climbed on to the roof, and down to the ground.

Alex muttered to himself about crazy time traveling best friends, and followed suit. Alex shrugged as his descent wasn’t as flawless as Liz’s. He just reminded himself that she probably had more practice then he had; the thought that didn’t settle well with him.

Liz brushed off Alex’s pants. “Sorry, habit.” Liz blushed.

“How is brushing off someone’s pants… Oh…” Alex realized that Liz must have had a child.

“Alex, focus.” Liz walked over to the first car on the street. With a wave of her hand, the doors unlocked.

“What the hell?” Alex jumped back.

“Max’s gift of life had a little kick back.” Liz shrugged. She reminded herself that she might have had five years to live with it, but it hadn’t happened yet. “Get in.” Liz got into the driver side and placed a hand over the ignition.

Alex quickly jumped into the passenger side as the car sprang to life. He closed the door, and blinked as Liz popped the clutch. “When did you learn to drive stick?” Alex babbled as Liz seamlessly shifted gears.

“Two years from now.” Liz was relieved that she hadn’t gotten caught as she ran a red light. “This is going to be the quickest ride to the Crashdown you’ve ever had.”

Alex watched in awe as Liz drove like the hounds of hell were nipping at her heels. He reminded himself that in a way, they were.

A few minutes later, they pulled up a familiar sight. Liz could feel her eyes try to tear up as she starred at the giant flying saucer. “Home.” She uttered in a reverent whisper. “Stay here. I need to make sure Max is gone.” Liz got out of the car, and pointed to Alex to stay in the car.

Alex decided that Liz had definitely had kids. Only a mother could pull off the finger. “Wait, which Max?” Alex blinked as he noticed Liz look around the corner. She was different, Alex realized. He would have seen that it wasn’t his Liz, if he hadn’t been so surprised to see her.

This Liz worried him. She seemed desperate in a dangerous way. Then there was the knife and gun in the back of her waist band. It drove home what Liz had said about the future. That it was horrible and everyone was dead. He knew at that moment that he would do anything in his power to make sure that his Liz would never need that knife or gun.

Liz opened Alex’s door. “It’s time. We’ve got to stop this.”

Alex got out of the car and followed Liz to the ladder. “Lady’s first.” Alex motioned for Liz to start up.

“Remember, once you get to the top. Grab Liz. Don’t let her go. I can’t touch her. She and I blink out of existence if we do.” Liz reminded as she started up the rungs. She could feel Alex starting up behind her. She steeled herself to be strong. It wasn’t every day that one saw their deceased husband; especially one that was nine years older then the one who had died.

She could see the white roses in her younger self’s arms. Her target was about to start talking. “Get away from her, you bastard.” Future Liz pulled herself all the way up, and over the ledge. “Liz, don’t come any closer to either of us.”

“Who are you?” Future Max looked confused.

“You don’t know your wife of four years?” Future Liz glared, hatred dripped from her tone. His confusion crystallized her knowledge that she was doing the right thing. “I’m sorry. I may look a little different. Being Khivar’s fuck toy does that to a person.” The bile rose in her throat as she saw the innocence of Zan’s eyes staring at her through his father.

“Khivar? He takes over earth even after all we do?” Future Max slumped, his convictions breaking.

“Your queen bitch is working for him.” Future Liz spat at his feet. Her eyes filled with hatred and pain. “I do have a message from the future.” She grabbed Future Max’s arms; his eyes meeting hers, begging forgiveness.

Future Liz leaned up to look eye to eye with Future Max. “This is for me.” Future Liz head butted Future Max as hard as possible. Future Max held his head, as Liz kneed him the groin for that she was worth. “That’s for Ava!” She then let him fall to the ground, clutching himself.

Alex winced in phantom pain. Alex’s hands tightened on Liz’s arms, holding her from protecting Future Max. See the pain in her eyes; he pulled her close to his chest. Alex made sure to hide her eyes as Future Liz pulled out her gun.

“And that’s… That’s for Zan.” Future Liz growled as she shot inches from Future Max’s face.

Future Max looked broken, truly broken. Anything that he had come to do was obliterated by Future Liz. Her presence had destroyed his hope, and her words haunted him. ‘Being Khivar’s fuck toy does that to a person.’ He could understand her hatred. He found himself wanting to cry. He hadn’t succeed; he had just sped up the process.

“How long?” His teeth gritted against pain.

“Six years from now. I had two years of pain, two of joy, and two of hell.” Future Liz walked back to the ledge. “Alex, you can let me go.” Future Liz motioned for Alex to let Liz go. “Just make sure she doesn’t touch me.”

Alex let Liz rush to help Future Max. His eyes filled with compassion for Future Liz. “I’m sorry.”

“Alex, it’s not your fault. I’m not a good person anymore. It’s been a long time since I was.” Future Liz leaned against the brick. She placed the gun on the ground, as she rubbed her eyes. “It’s been a hell of a day,” then jumped as if remembering something. “Alex, I need you to go down and make sure you explain what’s going on to Kyle.”

“Bat hearing is also one of your new tricks.” Alex’s eyebrows raised in surprise.

“Hell no, I just remembered that we told California Mix we’d meet him here.” Future Liz looked down at her hands, as if seeing something else. “Hell of a day,” was muttered softly.

Alex walked over to the ladder. “Liz, don’t touch her. Max, make sure they don’t touch.” Alex firmly reminded as he started his descent.

“What do you want to know?” Future Liz looked over at her younger self.

“Aren’t you supposed to tell me that I’m not allowed to know the future?” Liz felt odd talking to herself. She took in the sight. Her hair was longer, while her nails broken and torn. She could see a black mark of some sort peeking from the top of her low cut top, as well as a scar from the top of her breast bone disappearing into the shirt. The creepiest scar that she could see ran around her neck like a necklace.

“Please! If I get this right, you won’t have my future. Hell, if I’m lucky, you won’t have his either.” Future Liz motioned to Future Max.

“Does the world end?” Liz whispers in fear.

“Your world ends in four years. In reality, the future doesn’t end, you just wish it did. No existence would be better then the one you live.” Future Liz leaned her head back, blinking back the tears. “You get married at age eighteen to the man you can’t live without. You live your dream for two years. The first two years were everything you could imagine, and more. Then the nightmare begins.”

Liz started to ask more, as Kyle pulled himself over the edge, followed by Alex. “What did we miss?” Kyle started to smirk, but stopped as he noticed Future Max and Future Liz.

“The orgy, California Mix, you always miss the orgy.” Future Liz let out a broken laugh.

“What is with calling Kyle, California Mix?” Alex asked before anyone could question Future Liz.

“It’s an old joke. One of the first dates Kyle and I went on, we saw The Bone Collector.” Future Liz looked away from the group. She seemed lost in a memory. “Towards the end, the bad guy asks Denzel Washington what kind of vegetable he wanted to be. Kyle made the comment…”

“I would want to be the California Mix.” Kyle finished. Kyle wasn’t sure until that moment that Future Liz was who Alex said she was. “She’s legit.”

“You aren’t, though, a California Mix… You were just a little lost.” Future Liz let a tear slid down her face.

“Who’s Zan, Liz?” Future Max held himself from going to comfort her.

“Zan was the most amazing baby in the world. He was mine.” Future Liz’s voice broke, tears streaming down her face.

“We had a son?” Future Max’s eyes filled.

“No.” Future Liz stood up. She wiped the tears from her face. She turned to Alex. “Do you have any idea on how to keep our parents from knowing about New York? I can get us transportation.”
Last edited by darkmoon on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Chapter 2 ~ 5/29

Post by darkmoon »

Tinie38, Roswell4life, Begonia9508 ~ Thank you!!

polar vixen ~ I hope this part explains some of your questions! And thank you!

KiaraAlexisKlay ~ Your support blows me away. I'm in awe every time you tell me that you like this fic. Thank you!!

Burningchaos ~ You are my best friend ever. I would never thought to write in this fandom; let alone allow myself to write down this fic and share it. ::huggles::

Chapter 2

Future Liz picked up the gun and slid it back into her waist band. “Alex, have you had any ideas for a cover story yet?”

“What about Tess? Can’t we just use her to mind warp a couple people?” Kyle blinked.

“California Blend, mind warping is bad, very very bad.” Future Liz gritted her teeth. She looked like she wanted to explain, but whatever she was holding back left a haunted look in her eyes.

“Well now we know the extent of my planning abilities.” Kyle shrugged.

“Kyle, you’re the captain of how many sports? For you strategy is planning on how to win the game. Except this isn’t a game and I need you to win this one. People’s lives depend on it.” Future Liz walked up to Kyle, her eyes glazing deeply to his.

“Kyle, call your dad.” Liz’s voice jolted Kyle from his eye lock with Future Liz. There was something under the surface, a hopelessness and desperation that terrified him.

“What would calling my dad do?” Kyle looked over confused.

“She’s has a point. Jim would do anything for you, Kyle. You might not realize it yet, but everything your dad does is to keep you safe and happy.” Future Liz smiled softly, her affection for the Sherriff was evident.

“Am I the only one wondering how we’re getting to New York? What’s in New York?” Future Max refrained from questioning Future Liz more about Zan.

“A king needs to be saved and I have an ex-queen I promised to get out of the sewers.” Future Liz’s smiled grew. “Also how else does one get to New York with no car? We’re flying.”

The group looked equally confused.

“An ex-queen?” Liz’s voice waivered on the word queen.

“We’re flying?” Alex seemed intrigued by the concept of how Future Liz would get them on a plane.

“There’s more kings then El Presidente? That sucks!” Kyle bemoaned.

“I don’t think we need to deal with the dupes.” Future Max grumbled.

“The dupes are how we save the future, idiot.” Future Liz glared at Future Max.

“Ok… What are the dupes?” Alex grabbed Liz, and pulled her to a lawn chair to sit. He had a feeling this was going to take a while. Everyone followed suit, Future Liz made sure to sit the farthest away from the group in fear of accidently touching.

“The Dupes, so to speak, are a second set of our aliens. Their protector moved their pods to the New York sewer system; that’s where they grew up. They know more of their previous life then our version do.” Future Liz seemed unsure what to say more.

“They’re punks. The only reason why we were contacted was because their version of me died.” Future Max grumbled.

“Murdered, Max. Their version of you was murdered by Lonnie and Rath and Ava was forced to watch. She had nightmares about that for a long time.” Future Liz’s voice was soft and sad. “We have to stop Lonnie and Rath from killing Zan.”

“Why?!” Future Max stood up and paced the balcony.

“You really don’t know?” Future Liz looked confused. “How could you not realize this?”

“Realize what, Liz?” Future Max stopped in front of her. His eyes pleaded with her to make him understand.

“Zan’s the real king. You’re the dupe. You only received the seal after his death. We need the real king. The seal drives you to make a slew of bad decisions and Tess takes advantage of that.” Future Liz threw her hands in the air. “Bad things happen. You decide that everyone is pulling away from you. You grow towards Tess because ‘she understands you’. You threaten Isabel and once again, you get into a physical fight with Michael.” Liz looked down at her hands.

“I kept my promise and never let you know that a thirty-some year old version of you told me to break your heart. You ripped out my heart out. Max, you have a temper. I was your new target. I remember having bruises from our confrontations; both physical and emotional. Then you pull me aside, and tell me that you knocked up Tess, and you have to go to Antar. Magically, a baby between to Hybrids, that seem to have no problem on Earth, can’t survive in the Earth’s atmosphere. You fell for it.”

“So Tess wasn’t pregnant?” Future Max looked haunted be all the information being bombarded with.

“Nope, you got her knocked up alright. It’s just that little Zanny was fully human,” Future Liz’s voice waivers at the name Zanny.

“Zan was Tess’ son?” Future Max spoke in a pained whisper.

“Zan was my son. I took care of him. I made sure that all things he needed, he got.” Future Liz glared at Future Max. “Tess just gave birth to him.”

“How can Tess be a bad person? I live with her. I know her, Liz. I know her.” Kyle shook himself out of the daze the information had placed him in.

“She mind warps you, Kyle. She mind warps Alex. Tess is a very twisted person. Nasedo turned her into the perfect weapon and used her against the Royals. She wasn’t naturally a bad person. Ava, her dupe, is… was one of my best friends.” Future Liz looked away, sad.

“What happened to Ava?” Liz wanted to know more about herself. She needed to understand how this scary, broken woman had started off being her.

“Ava refused to allow the guards the pleasure of killing the ones left behind.” Future Liz felt a tear slip down her face; her voice almost a whisper. “I held my baby as he fell asleep, and his breathing stopped. I held Ava’s hand as she stopped breathing. Then I pulled the plug on Kyle’s life support.” Future Liz’s glaze swung to Kyle. “No one will be left behind to be tortured if I don’t make a difference.”

“What happened to everyone else?” Alex butted in. The unasked question of what happened to him hung in the air.

“That’s a story for another night. I need Kyle to talk to his Dad. I’ll drive you home, Alex. We all need a good night sleep. Tomorrow is school and I’ll drive out to the Pod Chamber with Future Max. We’ll stay there tonight and tomorrow.” Future Liz looked down at herself. “Can I get a change of clothes? I want to burn these. I can still feel Khivar on me in these.”

“Sure.” Liz slipped from Alex’s grasp, and climbed into her room. She returned with a pair of jeans, a Roswell High t-shirt and a pair of canvas shoes.

Alex made the exchange to ensure neither of them accidently touched.

“Thanks.” Future Liz smiled. She motioned to start climbing down. As an afterthought Future Liz turned back to face Liz. “By the way, Madam Vivian was right. He does choose you. Eventually.”
Last edited by darkmoon on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Chapter 3 ~6/3

Post by darkmoon »

I needed some positive vibes... Crap day, decided to make everyone's day with a new chapter!!!

Plus, I have an Author's Chat on the 21st at Roswell Heaven at 8pm EST. Please make me happy, and come chat with me! I don't want to have the saddest Author's Chat ever... and not have anyone show up.

roswell4life, uw51, pandas2001, begonia9508, lilah ~ Thanks!!

wistful dreamer ~ Thank you. The idea with the seal came to me after Michael went all wonky during Season 3. And I'm like... Max went all wonky around the time Zan died... That's neat little twisted thought.

Michelle in Yonkers ~ I'm glad you liked it... Just get ready for a very twisted ride. ^.^

kay_b ~ I think most of us are bitter about Season 2. I hope this keeps you reading!

KiaraAlexisKlay ~ You rockth hardcoreth. And you make me a better writer. And what do I need to blackmail you with to get the fics I want?? Hee!

Burningchaos ~ It's your fault... seriously... your fault. And it makes you happy. ^.^ The banner is made of true AWESOME-ness!!!!

Chapter 3

Future Liz turned around and looked at Alex, Kyle and Future Max. “I take it you want more?”

“So I was a vegetable?” Kyle seemed more disturbed by that then the knowledge that Tess would mindwarp him.

“We thought you were. You let yourself shut down into a coma. Of all possible things,” Future Liz let the green electricity play across her fingers, “you ended up with all the mental powers.”

“What the hell?!” Kyle jumped back and instantly hoped he hadn’t sounded like a frightened ten year old girl.

“What can I say; Max’s gift had side effects.” Future Liz shrugged. “I’ve lived with it since my senior year.”

“My Liz never perfected her powers as you have.” Future Max seemed in awe.

“I had no choice.” Future Liz let the subject drop.

“Kyle and I being mind warped...is that why you’re so against using them?” Alex picked up the conversation.

“Yes.” Future Liz turned from the group and walked back to the car she had stolen. “Alex, it’s your bedtime.”

“That’s a hint for us to stop talking.” Kyle smirked, as the rest of the group followed her. Kyle got into his car, and started it up.

“Never let anyone tell you aren’t a smart one, Valenti.” Future Liz smirked back as she leaned against the driver’s door. “Buddha does the body good.”

“Are you saying I’m hot in the future?” Kyle flirted a little.

“No.” Future Liz pulled away, patting Kyle on the head like a child.

“I’m going home, and talking to my dad.” Kyle glared slightly.

“I knew I had you trained after a week of dating you.” Future Liz smiled as she opened the driver’s side door of her own vehicle.

Future Max glared at Kyle through the whole conversation. Alex just blinked at how at ease this Liz seemed with throwing jabs back and forth with Kyle. Both men got into the car, as soon as Future Liz opened her door. Future Max made sure he was in the front passenger seat.

“How are we supposed to get a hold of you if we need to talk to you?” Alex leaned forward from his spot in the back.

“That’s the beauty of this plan, Alex. I’m Liz. I know what happens on the first day of school.” Future Liz turned on the car, and revved the engine. “We’ll meet you on my balcony after school. Hopefully Kyle will be able to convince Jim to cover for us.”

“You really think he will?” Future Max seemed surprised.

“Max, I know Jim. I know what he will do to keep the people he views as his family safe.” Future Liz zipped through a red light. “I really missed this.”

“What? Driving with me?” Future Max seemed pleased.

“Driving clutch. I forgot how much I enjoyed it.” Future Liz shifted the gears again, her hand stroking the gear shift.

“Who taught you to drive?” Alex hid a smile when Future Max’s face dropped as Future Liz shot him down.

“Michael. He taught me a lot when we were on the road. We all had made a pact. Everyone had to drive at least once. I pointed out that we’d need an automatic for that to happen. Michael wasn’t hearing any of that. He pointed out that anyone who could get a four point oh without trying could learn how to push a pedal and shift.” Future Liz laughed slightly. It had a rusty sound, as if it hadn’t been used in years.

“What else did Michael teach you?” Alex seemed to enjoy the slight discomfort that Future Max was getting.

“Self defense. He refused to have ‘His Queen’ not know how to kick a little ass.” Future Liz lifted her hands from the wheel long enough to do the bunny ears at the usage of ‘His Queen’.

“You are.” Future Max whispered softly.

“Please! I’m just the girl you married. I’m no one’s Queen.” Future Liz looked like she wanted to say more, but let out of a sigh of relief as Alex’s house came into view. “Looks like your stop, Whitman,” Future Liz pulled the car to a stop.

Alex was hesitant to leave the car. “You would have been the most amazing Queen.” With a shake of his head, Alex walked back to his house.

Future Liz watched as Alex climbed back to his room. “We have a lot to talk about.” With that, she jammed the car into gear. The only emotion that showed was her bit lip.

Future Max knew that emotion. She was conflicted and in pain; he hated that look. Of all the emotions Future Liz had shown, he had preferred the outright hatred. It was easiest to work with. “Why are we going to the Granolith?”

“I’m hoping I can get answers. I need more to go on. I don’t want this to end up like that damned movie, Butterfly Effect.” Liz let her lip go, her teeth gritted instead. “He starts to go back in time to stop the death of the girl he’s in love with. But every time he went back to stop something from happening, it just made it worse. Finally, he goes back to his childhood, where he first falls in love with the girl. Instead of being nice to her, he treats her like dirt. He makes her hate him; so that they never get involved. They never fall in love. In that way, he saves her. I hated that movie.”

“People liked this movie?” Future Max seemed appalled at idea of the movie, it hit too close to home.

“Actually it did quite well. Two months later, Khivar took over the Earth with his invasion force.” Future Liz placed a hand over her stomach. The memory could still turn her stomach, the acidic burn of vomit crept up her throat. With quick glance at Future Max, Future Liz dropped her hand, and swallowed the burn back. She refused to allow him to look at her with that pity.

The rest of the trip through the desert was a quiet one. Future Max kept glancing at Future Liz, hoping to see some glimmer of the girl he fell in love with. Instead, he saw a shell of the woman he helped create.

The rock that had been both a place of joy and sorrow came into view. Future Liz killed the engine, and stepped out. “I need to see that demonic device again.”

Future Max got out, and held out a hand, as if wishing to touch her arm. He dropped it, in defeat, as she didn’t turn to him. Her stance screamed that she saw him as a necessary evil. If he thought it hurt to see younger Liz; it disemboweled him to see this version.

She placed her hand against the place where the silver print had been, so long ago in her memory, but had just been a few months here.

Future Max followed her into the Granolith Chamber.

Future Liz was staring at the cone as if seeing it for the first time. “I forgot what it looked like before it was tainted.”

“Tainted?”

“Khivar tried to pervert it to his wills. He doesn’t understand it. None of us do.” Future Liz lifted a hand to touch it, and could feel a sucking feeling down to her soul.

Future Max cried out, and tried to pull her hand free, as Future Liz’s eyes rolled into her the back of her head. He begged her to answer him, as convulsions overtook her body. Foam gathered at her corners of her lips, as a trickle of blood ran from her nose. The whites of her eyes formed a silver sheen as her eyes finally rolled down back into place. Her brown eyes now had a milky cataract look to them, as her convulsions ended.

He couldn’t understand the words she whispered in reverie; her voice raspy, and almost lost.

Her hand fell limp to her side, as Future Max carefully lowered her to the ground.

“I saw God,” Future Liz spoke in a soft, broken whisper. Her eyes blinking the milky substance away, as the silver receded. “I know what it is.”

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Chapter 4 ~ 6/5

Post by darkmoon »

So I promised Thursday posts. And just because I needed feedback and posted Chapter 3 early doesn't mean that I'm not posting on Thurs. ::nods:: Besides, Chapter 3 was small.

kameragrl350 ~ I'm glad that I've got you on the edge of your seat. ^.^ I hope this was soon enough.

begonia9508 ~ I never thought about Indiana Jones, but now that you mention it, I had watched it earlier. And yep, so far in both timeline, Khivar has taken over.

kay_b ~ I hope this explains a little... ^.^

Burningchaos and KiaraAlexisKlay ~ You both rock!! Best betas anyone could ask for!!

Chapter 4

“What is it?” Future Max looked at the Granolith.

“Everything you are, everything you could be. Take it all; take all of that for each person who has Antarian in them, and could. The Granolith is all of that, and more. It’s sentient in the most basic form. It was beautiful and horrible. And I now know what I need to do.” Future Liz’s eyes filled with tears. “I just don’t know if I’m strong enough.”

“What do you need to do?” Future Max could no long contain the fear that crept into his face.

“It’s not for you to know yet. What you can know, is that we were granted time.” Future Liz struggled up from Future Max’s arms.

“Time for what?”

“Time to fix what we need to. Technically in a day or so; we should disappear. The Granolith will create a dimensional bubble around us, sort of. In a way, we won't be a part of the timeline anymore. Yet we can still interact with it.” Future Liz shook her head. “I never really like quantum physics, it was too theory based. Sadly, that theory based science is what is going to keep us here when the timeline shifts.” Future Liz grumbled. She wiped the dirt from her pants, and held a hand out to Future Max.

“So we’re stuck here?” Future Max took Future Liz’s hand, standing. He could feel his connection to his Liz stretch like feelers trying to connect to this Liz. The loneliness and heartbreak he felt was almost too much, before she slammed the connection shut on her side. The loss of those emotions, even though he didn’t want to know, felt like losing a limb.

“Don’t do that.” Future Liz walked out to the Pod Chamber.

Future Max followed, wishing for something more. The connection had like breathing for him, it was always there. Even in the presence of the younger Liz, it just was. This Liz, broken and emotionally bleeding, he truly understood what his travel through time had done. She was stronger then his Liz, he had no doubt that if push came to shove she could use that knife. She had already showed her skill with the gun and her skill with her powers had surpassed what his Liz had even dreamed to do. “So, are you going to answer me?”

“We’re stuck here till we complete our mission. It’s just another day for me.” With that said; Future Liz walked back to the car, pulling out the clothes her younger self had given her.

In the Pod Chamber, Future Liz started to undress. Future Max started to stammer and blush, as he turned away.

“Please, Max, we were married. There should be nothing here that you haven’t seen a million times.” Future Liz’s voice held a hint of humor, as she pulled the shirt over her head.

Future Max couldn’t get the image of the scar running down from the top of her breast bone to her stomach out of his mind. It unburied memories of the dreaded White Room. He could feel the knife cutting into his own skin, the horror on Liz’s face as she witnessed the inhumanity of the Special Unit. “We might have been married, but we weren’t married to each other. I mean, as the younger version liked to point out, I have gray hairs. I doubt your husband had gray hairs.”

“What you’re trying to say is; Liz doesn’t have these scars. It’s ok. I’m used to them. They got me what I needed.” Future Liz zipped up the pants. In her hand, she had the outfit she had come into this universe in. She picked up her gun and knife, and slipped them back into the waistband of her pants. Shoving her feet into the shoes, she grumbled. “Planes mean I can’t take the gun. We’re going to have to check baggage. I want the knife.”

“How are we going to check baggage when none of us are going with luggage?” Future Max broke through Future Liz’s ramble.

“Do you think their parents are going to believe that they are going to New York, with no clothes?” Future Liz rolled her eyes. “Where you always this dumb? Or did you go senile along with gray?”

“Can you find it in you to be civil to me? You married me; that must have meant something.” Future Max placed a hand on her shoulder.

Future Liz closed her eyes, as she leaned into his touch. “That’s the problem, Max. As much as I’m angry at you, I’ll always love you.” A tear slipped down her face. “I don’t know what this future holds, I just know that it has to be better then mine.”

“What did I do to you?” Future Max knew he was finally getting to the real Liz, his Liz.

“The usual, Max. You don’t know how to fight for our love. And I was left to fight by myself.” Future Liz steeled herself against the emotions that Future Max reminded her that she had. “I need to meditate.” Future Liz wiped away the tear, as she walked back into the Granolith Chamber.

Future Max followed. As Future Liz meditated, he tried to sleep. Sadly he was only afforded only a few minutes here and there. The fear of the unknown, the haunting scars on Future Liz, and his own brushes with battles had left a wakefulness that wouldn’t to shut off.

He watched through half lidded eyes, as Future Liz lay down. She seemed to curl into herself. It wasn’t a position of a happily married woman. He knew what he needed to do. He figured he’d probably get clocked in the jaw for it, but he had slept very little when his wife wasn’t in his arms.

Future Liz tensed as he stood up. Her eyes squeezed shut, as if to block out any bad images.

He could feel her coil like a spring, ready to run, as he pulled her into his arms. “I can’t sleep without my Liz.” His quiet tone eased the tense nature, only slightly.

“Just for tonight.” Future Liz’s voice was soft, sad and broken.

“Just tonight, Liz. Just tonight.” Future Max could feel sleep drag him under; the last thought was how no matter what Liz she was, she always fit perfectly.
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Chapter 5 ~ 6/12

Post by darkmoon »

roswell4life ~ I'm sorry that this is going to be a sadder part... It's going to explain a little. I'm sorry I can't write happier chapters. It will get better once we get to the dupes... I hope. Thank you for your constant support. You seem to be the first to comment and let me know your feelings. It is a joy to see this fic through your eyes. Thank you.

Burningchaos ~ You are one of the most, if not the most, loyal support. You started me writing this. You've kept me honest with my vision of this fic. You've reminded me to not post it all in one sitting, that I have to stick to a schedule. ::nods:: You remind me that this fic isn't about how it's going to end, but how they are getting there. You remind me not to write the last chapter because I'll never know where this fic is taking me next... Considering this chapter was supposed to happen after the Dupes had shown up. Thank you, I don't think I can thank you enough.

kay_b ~ I hope this explains a little bit more of the emotional scars. Eventually I'll explain the the physical ones that keep being mentioned. FMax and FLiz need each other. They don't want to admit it, but they do. Hopefully this emotionally charged chapter will show how much they do. Thank you for your constant support. It really means a lot.

begonia9508 ~ Thank you so much. It's kind of weird, but knowing the chapter made someone cry means I wrote it the way it was supposed to be written. This isn't a happy fic by far, but I think for me, it's going to be the most emotionally fulfilling one. As a warning; this chapter was hard to write, I wanted it to convey the emotional heartbreak, and I hopefully have done so. I hope you feel that too.

KiaraAlexisKlay ~ Thank you!! I hope this is as amazing a chapter as you keep telling me it is. Between you and B, I know that I have to get this out. You've helped shape this fic. Offering ideas and suggestions without realizing where this fic was going. You praise me constantly, and I'm blown away. Your need to protect my vision of this fic amazes the crap outta me. Eventually the 'I saw God' is explained.

C&N214 ~ Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying the fic! And I'm sorry if this isn't the fix you were hoping for. But I hope it's enough!

lilah ~ Thank you!! It's not that they don't get along... FLiz is just having issues with FMax. In her eyes; he's both her husband who's died, and the same one who came back from the future to tell her that he had 14 years with her and now has to give it all up. Which she did, to save the world, only to find that it didn't save the world. Little bit of anger there. Hopefully this is just as good of a chapter.

Chapter 5

Future Liz woke up feeling whole for the first time, in what felt like years. She had forgotten the simple comfort of being held, feeling safe. Mostly she had missed Max’s arms around her. He had pulled away from her, few months into Khivar’s rapes. She was never truly sure if it was from him unable to handle that he couldn’t protect her, or that the thought that she had some how asked Khivar to violate her in that fashion. In a way she had, she berated herself.

She remembered the first time she had went to Khivar willing. Zan had become sick, so sick. His body racked with coughs, and flecks of blood would land on his chin. She had no choice. If saving Zan meant allowing Khivar free rein of her body, so be it. She knew that Max never forgave her for doing so, but in the same aspect, he would’ve never forgiven her for doing nothing.

Future Max murmured something into her ear, dragging Future Liz from her dark thoughts. She smiled softly. She had forgotten how much like a little boy Max could be. He didn’t like having her move while he was asleep.

Future Max’s arms tightened, signaling his awakening. “Good morning.” There was smile hidden in the words.

“Morning, Max.” Future Liz could feel herself smile back.

It wasn’t that she was angry at him anymore. She had forgiven him the moment she looked into the Granolith. He was Max, and Max wanted to believe everything was fixable, especially for her. He was terribly naive that way.

“So what are we doing today?” Future Max couldn’t keep the dread out of his tone.

“First, we’re going to change the plates on the car. We need to get food, and computer access. I have to book our flight and then I need to connect with the Granolith again.” Future Liz rubbed her eyes, and dragged herself from Future Max’s embrace.

“Why do you need to connect to the Granolith? Wasn’t the first time enough? That scared me to death. I can’t watch you go through that again.” Future Max sat up, as his eyes pleaded with her.

“Max, I need to understand. I need to look within myself and find the strength. As silly as it sounds, Kyle had it right. He told me once, sacrificing myself was easy. It’s sacrificing others is the hard part. I’ve already sacrificed my husband, child, and friends. I don’t know if I can do it again.” Future Liz looked away, unable to look into the eyes that didn’t hold her guilty.

“You want to know how everyone dies? Alex was the first. Tess killed him so she could take you ‘home’ to be killed by Khivar. Then Tess came back with little Zanny. You see he was all too human, and useless to Khivar. The government was on to her and, in her single act of selflessness; she blew herself up to save her son.

“You gave up Zan for adoption, and after graduation we went on the run. A month later, Zan’s adopted parents were the next casualty; my gift of precognition almost didn’t save your son. The government found out about his adoption, and wanted to study him.

“We had almost two years of happiness. We had found Ava in the Florida Keys, and settled near a Buddhist temple. Kyle had started to become a devoted member. We were happy, believing death had left us alone for a little while. I was a wife and mother. Then we lost Maria. Khivar’s elites found us, and Maria took a shot meant for Michael. He never truly recovered from the loss. Kyle was paralyzed from the neck down, and the rest of us were prisoners.” Future Liz held back a sob.

“What happened to you? What happened to me? Why were there only you, Kyle, Ava and Zan left?” Future Max pulled Future Liz into his arms, as she started to sob.

“You’ll hate me.” Future Liz moaned. “You’ll look at me like he did, and I’ll never be able to finish the mission.”

“I could never hate you, Liz, just like you could never hate me.” Future Max murmured into Future Liz’s hair, while a hand soothed her.

“I killed you.” Future Liz’s legs buckled. “I killed you, Michael and Isabel.”

“What happened?” Future Max held Future Liz, as he sank to the ground.

“He said that if I didn’t pretend to like it, he’d give you to the guards.” Future Liz sobbed uncontrollably. “You looked at me with such hatred. He promised to have you shot if I just pretended to enjoy it.”

“Khivar made you pretend to enjoy being raped by him, in front of me?”

“I didn’t, Max. I never liked it. It was a means to an end.” Future Liz shook her head, unable to look Future Max in the eyes. “Then he gave me the gun. He told me if I wanted you to go easy, I had to do it myself. I didn’t want you to suffer.”

“I never hated you, Liz. You were so brave, so very brave.” Future Max closed his eyes, wishing he could have protected her from the pain. He knew he wasn’t the Max she wanted. Yet, he knew that he could give her that little bit of comfort.

“I don’t remember how I got to our chambers. Poor Michael, he was practically catatonic, but Isabel knew what I come to do. She thanked me, Max. She thanked me. Tears… tears ran down her face as she thanked me for stopping the pain.”

“I went… the room… I went to see Zan and Ava. She was reading to him… And he… he was falling asleep. I knew I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t. So I went back out, and placed the gun to my mouth. I just wanted the pain to stop. I was a coward. And you deserve someone better. Khivar found me… I had my finger on the trigger… He stopped me… smacked it out of my mouth. I just wanted to… to die…” Future Liz could feel all her guilt crash over her. She just wanted the pain to stop, to forget how she felt, to will it away.

“Liz, you are, and have always been, the bravest woman I know,” Future Max whispered as he kissed her forehead.

“I’m a coward.” Future Liz’s voice thick with mucus croaked. Her face blotchy from the tears; heartbreak, and guilt shone in her glassy eyes.

“The Liz Parker I know could never be a coward. You amaze me; the things you’ve seen, and done. I don’t think I could have done those things. You made it. You’re changing the future, saving it for everyone. All those people won’t die, because of what we are doing now.” Future Max held Future Liz, as she dropped into an exhaust ridden sleep. His mind could only go over what she had cried to him. It horrified him, and brought an understanding.

He sat and watched over her for hours before she woke.

Future Liz looked down shamed; both at her breakdown, and the things she had told. “I’m sorry,” Her voice rough from congestion and tears. It seemed inadequate at the moment, and yet the only thing she could think of.

“Don’t be. You’ve been holding that in for too long. It’s been driving you, but at the same time, Liz, it’s been eating away at you.” Future Max wanted to say more, but knew it wasn’t the time. She didn’t need placations.

“I think I got snot all over your leather.” Future Liz grumbled in apology.

“I think my clothes can handle a little snot.” Future Max smiled softly. He knew she’d be fine, as fine as she could ever possibly be considering the circumstances.

“I will admit that was the best part of meeting you.” Future Liz tried to make light, her eyes begging for him to just let it go.

“Getting snot on me?” Future Max went along with her conversation. She needed to work it out in her own time, but it didn’t mean it would be forgotten.

“No! You’re in leather. You’re extremely hot in leather.” Future Liz nodded, laughing a little.

Future Max could only shake his head, and blush a little. Moments like these made it hard to believe that she wasn’t his wife. It reminded him of the easiness that had always been there. He could feel something break inside, as he remembered that she hadn’t had a moment like this in a very long time.
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Chapter 6 ~ 6/19

Post by darkmoon »

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the schools mentioned here. I don't know if the high school aimed at promising medical students actually has a Microbiology course. But for this fic, it does. All three schools are really schools in or around New York. I was research girl and found them!!!

::Waves to everyone reading, including the lurkers:: HI Everyone!!! I wanted to remind everyone that I have the Author's Chat on Sat at 8EST (5PST). It's at Roswell Heaven. I hope to see you there!!

KiaraAlexisKlay ~ I'm in awe that you like this fic. I am blown away that you keep me going, and that you feel the need to protect my vision. You make me laugh and help with my poor horrible grammar... ::bows a little:: I just want to say Thanks!

lilah ~
Was your goal with the chapter to make us all cry? Cuz if so, you pulled it off perfectly. That was horrendously sad, but beautifully written. Looking forward to the next chapter. (Everyone's already dead, it can't get worse right?....right?)
Can I say this is one of my favorite feedbacks? Thank you!!!! I can't say if it gets worse...

burningchaos ~ Thank you!!!!!!! ::GLOMP:: :D

roswell4life ~ I'm glad that it all becomes clear. I wasn't kidding when I said it wasn't a bash Max fic... It's just on perspectives. It will get even more clear in this chapter. Thank you for your support!!!

begonia9508 ~ The path to Hell is paved with good intentions. The blame isn't going to be a single person, or event. I hope you keep reading!!

totallizfan ~ Thank you!!!

jake17 ~
This is beyond amazing.. This should be in a bookstore somewhere.. honestly I'm just at a loss for words. How the hell did you think of all of this??
Thank you!! You made me blush a lot. Did I mention it was a dream? A very scary dark dream that repeated over and over every night for a month? I was just going to write the prologue to hope that the dream would stop. I was then informed by Burningchaos that I couldn't just end it there, that I had to tell what happened after that. :shock: :shock:
I am soooooooooooo thankful for your support. I am extremely thankful that we got a chance to chat at your Author's Chat. You have so much faith in my Author's Chat. And I'm so thankful that someone does. Lol. I'm kinda sad that I made you lose sleep. But I am just blown away that you liked enough to stay up and read it. I randomly check DiP, just to re-read your feedback... But I'm a dork. I hope this keeps you addicted, and I can't wait to talk to you on Sat!!!!

Chapter 6

Future Liz awoke again, being held in Future Max’s arms; for the first time in years she could feel, a lessening of the burden on her soul. She presented her guilt for him to see, and he found her worthy of forgiveness.

The smell of sweat and musk dampened the air, yet it smelled like ambrosia to Future Liz. It was like a rebirth.

“I am the Phoenix. Watch as I rise from my ashes.” Future Liz smiled, as she disengaged from Future Max’s embrace. She knew it was time.

The walk to the Granolith was short, but the few steps felt like lifetimes to Future Liz. Her hand rose, mimicking the motion that started her on the journey to the past. As she placed it to the massive cone, she could feel the same tugging within.

Her eyes rolled back into her head. She could feel the blood rushing through her veins as she was granted the knowledge of what she sought.

The pain bloomed in her brain like tiny explosions. The ripples danced over her body, quaking in its path. Her mouth flooded with saliva that curdled as it hit air.

She could feel Future Max waking; his thoughts trickled over her in minuscule torrents of information. It felt muddled and murky, like the bottom of a river bed. His thoughts pulled at her like feet stuck in the mud, while her thoughts melted like warm salt water taffy; stretchy and sickeningly sweet.

The silence was deafening, as her questions were answered. As quickly as she was dragged under, she felt spat out.

Future Max was holding her, tears streaked his eyes. “I thought I told you not to do that ever again!” His voice was cracked, and hoarse; while his eyes held a haunted look of fear.

“You…” Future Liz coughed, her voice felt like old paper. “You need to see the answers.”

“What answers, Liz? Your ears are bleeding. There aren’t any answers that can be worth that. You have bloody nose, and your eyes are blood shot. Liz, you look like Death.” Future Max held her, fearing if he let go she would slip out of this reality, and leave him to try to fix something that he didn’t know existed.

“Max, I know why the guards protected me. I know what is happening to me. A little blood is meaningless to the answers I’ve received.” Future Liz wetted her lip, her voice growing stronger.

“The guards protected you? What guards? You keep talking in riddles when you get finished with that thing.” Future Max wiped the blood from Future Liz’s nose. “You keep getting worse reactions to it too.”

“It’s to be expected.” Future Liz rubbed her eyes. “Either you need to connect to the Granolith or we need to get going. We promised to meet with the group after school.”

“Are you sure you should be moving? You scared me so much.” Future Max helped Future Liz to her feet.

“Max, trust me. I’m fine.” Future Liz patted Future Max on the cheek. “Thank you for being worried, but it’s all according to plan.” She walked out to the car.

Future Max glared at the cone, which seemed to be the root of most of the problems, then stalked off to find Future Liz changing the color of the car. “Have you done the license plates yet?” He didn’t want to look like an idiot changing the plates if she already had.

“Yep!” Future Liz got into the car. “We’re ready to roll.” She started the vehicle as Future Max got in.

The drive was quiet and uneventful. The only thing Future Liz said that was of any importance was that she wanted to explain some of the answers she received once, therefore wanting her younger self, Alex and Kyle present.

It was hard sneaking up to Liz’s balcony. Future Liz and Future Max were thankful to see the three others already waiting for them.

“What’s the scoop, Kyle?” Future Liz leaned against the brick wall, hiding the weakness she felt inside.

“Dad decided that the best action was to make it look like I was checking out a Military School in Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York. It’s supposed to be a top of the class. At the same time, Alex has an interview with Julliard.” Kyle puffed out his chest. “And there is a small high school in the heart of New York City that caters only to people wanting to go into the medical field, which includes Microbiology.”

“Yes, Kyle, I’ve very proud of you. I’d give you a cookie, but I don’t have one.” Future Liz smiled softly. “Alex, I need you to book us five tickets to New York.”

“We’ll have to go to my house. How are we paying for it?” Alex looked confused.

“Let me worry about those questions.” Future Liz looked back to Kyle. “When are these things happening?”

“Tomorrow. Dad is talking to Mr. Parker right now. Mr. Whitman was just impressed at the ‘strings’ Dad was able to pull to get Alex an interview.” Kyle smirked. “You said as soon as possible. Dad already filled out the paperwork for it in the school.”

Alex raised his hand, and bowed a little. “And I hacked into the school records and made it look like it was put in weeks ago.”

“You’re brilliant, Alex.” Liz smiled, and tugged excitedly at his arm and then looked over at Kyle, who had a kicked puppy look. “You are too, Kyle.”

“Do you think my Dad will go for it?” Future Liz bit her lip. Almost as an afterthought to herself she added, “Though, he did send me to Vermont.”

Liz’s eyes widened. “Why Vermont?”

“There is an all girl school there. He thought Max was a very bad influence. Mind you, we did get arrested in Utah. But that’s neither here nor there.” Future Liz shrugged.

“I got you arrested?” Future Max looked horrified.

“Max, I went of my own free will.” Future Liz reached over and placed a hand on his cheek. “It was my choice.”

“Whoa! Rewind! When did we stop having the Max Hate party?” Kyle made a scrolling back motion.

“I never hated Max, Kyle. I could never hate Max. I love him; I’ve spent seven years of my life loving him. I was just angry. The seal… It amplified my anger.” Future Liz dropped her hand, and hugged herself.

Alex walked over and hugged her. “I’m sorry you’re in pain, Liz. I never wanted you in pain,” his hand stroking her back. This was his girl, his Liz. She was broken, beaten down, and with the anger gone; she was lost.

“What do you mean you have the seal?” Future Max was worried. “How do you have the seal?”

“Max, everyone’s dead. Zanny was the only one in the royal line who had Antarian in him. Even Michael was an eighth cousin. Zanny was too young to receive the seal. It was placed in me for safe keeping.” Future Liz lifted her head from Alex’s chest. Her eyes held a deeper secret, one that worried Alex to no end. It seemed to speak of Death.

“What about Ava? You said she was still alive. How does Michael being an eighth cousin have to do with anything?” Liz seemed confused.

“During my senior year, while I was away at the boarding school, Max died. Michael received the seal. Michael went a little crazy when he received the seal as well. I brought Max back to life, and he took the seal from Michael. I don’t know how I brought Max back to life. I did find out when I connected with the Granolith, that only blood relations of the royal line can receive the seal. Zanny was too young. Since I was the only mother he’s ever known, and I was Max’s wife, the Granolith made a judgment call, and I received the seal.” Future Liz closed her eyes as if remembering something.

“So it’ll drive you nuts too?” Kyle looked around wanting to know where all the exits were.

“No. If inactivated I can carry it with no side effect.” Future Liz hedged.

“What if it’s activated?” Alex tightened his grip around Future Liz.

“It will kill me, slowly.” Future Liz said in a monotone deadened voice.

Liz looked into her Future self’s eyes, and knew the truth. It shocked her, but Liz knew deep in her heart, she would do the same thing. They weren’t the same person, but the basic components were there. They would do anything to save their friends.

Future Max punched the wall, cursing. “That’s what you didn’t want to tell me? That it could kill you?”

“Max, we have a mission. We have to make it so you never have to receive the seal. In turn, I’ll never receive the seal.” Future Liz’s eyes were dazed and glossed over. “We have to make Earth safe. Antar is too far gone, or I’d say we’d save that too.

“So, what? Future Liz and Alex goes back to Alex’s place. Liz goes down to talk to her dad, and El Presidente Senior and I stay up here?” Kyle shrugged. “I don’t want Liz to die. Hell, I don’t want to die. So let’s get going.”

“I’ll weasel my way into Sheriff Valenti and Dad’s conversation. I’ll drop some hints that I’m still having conflicted feels about my break up with Max. Dad will agree.” Liz nodded. “Kyle, we aren’t going to die. We have a planet to save.”

“Kyle, never forget that we might give you hell for your Buddhist quotes, but you give us inspiration.” Future Liz pulled from Alex’s embrace and hugged Kyle. “You taught me not to take life for granted. And all the quotes I mention a wise man told me; the wise man was you.”

Future Liz kissed Kyle’s cheek before turning to Future Max. “I’ll be back. Don’t let the kids get into too much trouble.” Future Liz kissed Future Max on the cheek as well, inhaling his scent, letting it wash over her in waves.

With that said; Future Liz climbed down to the car, with Alex in tow.

“When did you make up?” Alex smiled softly as he got into the car.

“Last night, or this morning; I’m not sure which it was. The cave keeps crap time.” Future Liz smiled softly, as she drove very carefully to Alex’s house.

Sneaking into Alex’s room was easier then Future Liz thought. She had forgotten how his parents weren’t exactly a part of his life.

Alex booted up his computer. As he typed in the password, Future Liz smiled. “I Stud.”

“How do you know that?” Alex looked over at her.

“It’s a long story.” Future Liz looked around the room with a frown.

“When did I die?” Alex turned back to the computer bringing up a cheap flight to New York.

“Do you really want to know? Could you live with knowing the time of your death? Kyle is having problems with it. I can see it in his eyes. Even the knowledge that if we make it right, it will never happen, it still bothers him.” Future Liz’s eyes pleaded for Alex to drop it.

“Yes, I really need to know. Why is it that you seem extremely affectionate to me. I mean you have this old school buds relationship with Kyle, even if he doesn’t realize it. With me, it’s like you are cherishing every moment with me. I can feel your eyes memorizing my movements.” Alex turned back to her. “What’s in that picture you carry? Did we have an affair before you got married to Max?”

“You die in a few months from now. It’s my fault. We were all fighting within our group, and never noticed that you were being killed, little by little. Tess mind warped you till your brain was mush. She felt no remorse, no sadness. You were a means to an end.” Future Liz felt the anger rush through her waves crashing into a break wall. “If I hadn’t changed the future, you would have lived at least till we were nineteen. At least from what Future Max told me, the first time.” Future Liz smiled sadly. “She needed you to translate the Book of Destiny.” The title dripped from her lips like venom. It tainted her mouth even pronouncing it. “She made it look like you went to Sweden.”

“How did you figure it out?” Alex was shell shocked. He couldn’t believe that one of their own would kill him. He truly understood her hatred for Mind Warping now. The term was forever linked to his death.

“The Sheriff’s office wanted to rule it a suicide. I knew that you would never kill yourself.” Future Liz wrapped her arms around her stomach. “Max didn’t believe me that it could be alien related. Now that I look back at it, he had just tried to save you. I was there telling him that not only did he fail to save you; it was knowing him that killed you. He couldn’t handle it. Isabel couldn’t handle it either. Tess would follow Max anywhere. Michael was just following his leader. Then the kick to the stomach, Maria followed them out. Kyle and I were the only ones left to find your killer.

“I’ve never felt so lonely.” Future Liz looked away.

“Why did you fight for me?” Alex blinked.

“You would have done the same for me. I refused to allow them to mark you down as a statistic.” Future Liz walked into Alex’s arms, and broke down as she told him the rest. Finding the girl in the pictures, Maria and Michael believing her, finding the translation, and finally Max telling her that he had slept with Tess and that she was pregnant.

Alex stroked her hair. He knew this time it would be different. He didn’t want to die, and he didn’t want Liz to have to fight for him by herself.

“We need to get those tickets.” Liz’s voice cracked. The tears held unshed in her eyes, mimicking the ones in Alex’s eyes. “You can have a breakdown after that.”

“No, I’m good.” Alex let go, and turned back to the computer. She was right, once you knew about your death, you couldn’t unknow it. It would haunt him. It took a few minutes to compose himself; he had to deal with this. There was a future to save, and it wasn’t going to wait for him to have a small nervous breakdown. “I need a credit card number.”

Future Liz leaned over and typed a card number. With the sent button clicked; it was New York they went.

“Where did you get the credit card number?” Alex didn’t want Future Liz to put that kind of balance on the card of someone they knew.

“It’s just a producer in LA. He’ll never notice the money missing. If he does, he’ll have to come to Roswell to face the music.” Future Liz smirked. “Serves him right.”

“How come I think there is more to this story then just a random producer in LA?” Alex gave her a questioning look.

“Not all knowledge of the future is yours for the keeping, Grasshopper. Something’s you have to find out on your own.” Future Liz ruffled Alex’s hair. “Let print these out, and get back to my balcony.”

The printer seemed to take forever, but once it had done its job, Alex and Future Liz were back in the car driving to the Crashdown.
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Chapter 7 ~ 6/26

Post by darkmoon »

Disclaimer: The schools mentioned here, are real. I didn't make them up. And I don't own them. ^.^

Jake17 ~ I had the best time chatting with you on Saturday. I'm just stunned that you are enjoying this as much as you are. Your comments are just flooring. Seriously, I was like... I'm not that good. FLiz is the hardest to write, and I'm glad that I've made her not just this 2D character. I will warn, this is a the turning chapter, where we see more of PLiz's story now. FLiz is still her determined self, but now we are going to see how PLiz is taking all this in. Thank you again, seriously, you have no idea how much I thank you.

Begonia9508 ~ Thank you!!!

Saavik60 ~ Do you like the fic so far? ^.^

Burningchaos ~ Thank you!!!! Hearing that you, my little anti-Dreamer, love my Futuristic Dreamer just blows my mind. Hopefully when they meet the Dupes it's all you've hoped for. You are my Rock.

Vampyrolover86 ~ I'm glad we made this deal too. I've enjoyed your fic as well. I'm glad that I've addicted you to this. ^.^ Thank you!!!!

KiaraAlexisKlay ~ I hope you aren't disappointed with this chapter. Even though you talked my ear off about it last night. ^.^ Thank you!!!!

Chapter 7

Getting ready for trip was uneventful at best, tedious at worst. Alex and Liz felt bad ignoring Maria, but they knew that they would spill if she asked questions. Alex found it easier then he imagined; the words of Future Liz ran a mantra in his head. Then the kick to the stomach, Maria followed them out. I’ve never felt so lonely.

Liz had hid out in her room, with Future Max and Kyle, after talking with her father. He had seemed interested in what the school had to offer. She had used her ‘Talk About Harvard’ voice, which seemed to have done the trick, but her father wanted to talk to the representative who had contacted her.

Future Liz had been chosen to act as the representative of Health Professions & Human Services High School. She explained that she was excited to have a student of Liz’s caliber looking into the school. It took all of Future Liz’s willpower not to hug her father. She had missed him desperately, and being that close had brought all the raging emotions of fear, love and sadness close to the surface.

Jim had explained to her father that each child had a guardian while in New York. Future Max was supposed to pose as a Captain from New York Military Academy if Mr. Parker needed more proof.

Amazingly enough, talking with Future Liz was enough. It did break her heart a little that she had done such a good job at hiding her true identity that he didn’t recognize her.

The next day, everyone piled into the car Future Liz had changed. “So when we get to the parking lot, I’ll change it back to its original color. We won’t need it after this.”

“So what are we going to do with your name? I mean Max can stay Max. But there are two Elizabeth Parkers in this car.” Alex held the tickets like they were gold.

“That’s no problem. I’ll just use the name Michael gave me when we went to Vegas.” Future Liz smirked as she held up a fake license. “You’re talking to Ms. Shirley Temple.”

“When did you go to Vegas with Michael?” Future Max had a hard time keeping a tiny bit of jealousy out his tone.

“The whole group went in our junior year. It was Michael’s idea, and he gave us all aliases. You were Rob Roy.” Future Liz laughed, as she drove to the airport. “Kyle was Harvey Wallbanger, and Alex was Tom Collins.”

Kyle laughed, as Alex just shook his head. Liz looked slightly alone. Alex and Kyle seemed so happy with Future Liz. She wondered if they would be disappointed when they realized they were stuck with her instead.

A kiss on the side of her head pulled her from her thoughts. “I think we could take care of your Shirley Temple right now, Liz.” Kyle wiggled his eyebrows. “I mean Future you has to drive, Max Senior can fume in the front seat, and Alex can tape it. What do ya say?”

“I don’t remember why we dated. Was I drunk?” Liz schooled her features as she questioned him.

The rest of the car cracked up, as Kyle blushed. “I don’t like that both of you can gang up on me.”

“Kyle, sweetie, you’re an easy target.” Future Liz smiled.

The rest of the trip was made with easy laughter, a lie they allowed themselves to believe.

The airport and plane ride were equally uneventful, except when Future Liz made her younger self flirt with the ticket agent for better seats. The part that kept Alex and Kyle in hysterical laughter was it worked, to Liz’s pleased embarrassment.

Future Max, on the other hand, was not as amused. Yet, he couldn’t deny First Class was a lot better then Coach.

Future Liz had pulled the group to the side after they grabbed their luggage. She demanded everyone’s dollar bills. Alex shrugged as he pulled out his wallet. Kyle fanned out his and wiggled his eyebrows. Liz sighed and handed her money over to Alex.

Future Max shook his head. “You shouldn’t do this.”

“Max, we’re going to need money.” Future Liz placed her hand over the bills. As her hand started to glow, a drop of blood fell from her nose. Moving her hand away from the bills revealed the one dollar bills had been changed into hundred dollar bills. She wiped the blood away, as Future Max looked worried. The rest of the group was too amazed by the bills transformation to notice.

Alex handed Liz back her newly made hundreds, as he slipped his back into his wallet. Kyle smiled evilly as he put his money back as well.

“You aren’t going to have time to go to the strip club, Kyle. So don’t even think about. We need to get a hotel, and I need to get another gun.” Future Liz murmured quietly so that only their group could hear her.

Liz held herself, as her future self walked into a darken alley. Future Max looked like he wanted to hold her, but held himself back. It confused her. She had felt something that night… had it only been three days, ran through her mind, as she felt startled. There was a connection out there. It was stronger then when she had looked into Max’s soul.

The connection floated across her, like cheese cloth against her skin. It was rougher then she was used to, but it wrapped around her. She’d never felt so secure before. Alex and Kyle were looking at her strangely. She shrugged it off as nothing. Yet it still was there, as if begging for a response.

Thankfully Future Max was watching the opening to the alleyway. He didn’t notice the change in her stance, or demeanor.

Future Liz walked out with a smirk on her face. Liz knew she had been more then successful. It was the same look she had on her face when she had gotten Max Evans as her lab partner. It was the smirk of knowing she won at life.

“I take it, you got a good deal?” Alex smiled, knowing the smirk as well.

“I got a silencer thrown in for good measure.” Future Liz looked over at her younger self. Something had spooked her. “I think we need to make a stop to meet the King and Queen, what do the rest of you say?”

“Fine, but if the Yukon gets stolen in this neighborhood, you’re making more money for me to buy new clothes.” Kyle pointed to the rental car.

“We’ll park it somewhere safer.” Future Liz shook her head, and then looked over at Future Max. “You’ve been too quiet. Something bothering you?”

“I feel weird here. It’s a twitchy feeling. I don’t like it.” Future Max shook off Future Liz’s hand. “My skin feels like it wants to crawl off.”

“I feel it too. I think it’s the seal. There are too many in the same area. Not to mention that we’re just the replacements. The real deal is holding a protection over this area. Let’s get the car moved before Kyle starts looking for a strip club.” Future Liz slipped her hand into Future Max’s. The weight of his hand in hers, the touch of his skin gave her a sense of peace. It gave her an object to focus on, leaving the tingling feeling to the back of her mind.

Alex put his arm around Liz, as they walked to the car. “Now, we know why they're acting all weird. I know why Kyle is slightly creeped, as for me. But what’s up with you? You had a moment back there where you went all glassy eyed, almost dreamy looking. That isn’t normal, Liz.”

Kyle leaned over, “I don’t like it. I say we figure out what’s going on with Liz before we let Mom and Dad drag us into a fight we don’t know how to win.” He looked back to Future Liz and Future Max. “They seem more interested in each other, then our safety. “

“I’m fine. I felt something earlier. I’m not sure what it is, but it wasn’t going to hurt me. It doesn’t want to hurt me.” Liz looked down at her feet. She didn’t know why she felt safe in that connection, but it was there, this safe feeling. It was like being held during a thunderstorm. You know the storm is crashing around you, the crack of thunder, the sky lit up from lightning. But there you are in the arms of the one you love, knowing that nothing can harm you. That the storm will rage around you, but for this moment, you are safe.

As they piled into the Yukon, Future Liz looked over at her younger self through the vanity mirror. There was still something there. Kyle and Alex acted as if all was fine, but she knew that her present self had revealed something that shook them. Future Liz hoped it wasn’t her secret, yet was worried that if it was a new secret, that it wouldn’t come to blow up in their faces.

Future Max put a hand on her leg, dragging her from her thoughts. Directions, he needed directions. It would have been easier if he had just let her drive. But that was neither here nor there. “We’ll turn left here, and then park somewhere close.”

Liz nodded unknowingly agreeing. The connection kept getting stronger, dragging her somewhere. It was like a tether wrapped around her middle. She knew where she had to go, and no one, not even her older self, was going to stop her.
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Chapter 8 ~ 7/3

Post by darkmoon »

This is pry the longest chapter I've ever written. I'm giddy!!!

Jake17 ~ I hope this satisfied you a little... but still kept you on the edge of your seat... I was so happy to talk to you. Our discussion on the Dupes was fantastic! I loved hearing your thoughts on the subject, and discussing points of view on it. ::Huggles:: Still am in shock that you think that I'm good enough to publish.

Begonia9508 ~ Thank you so much!!!

KiaraAlexisKlay ~ You have given me so much thought to this fic. And I must say it's a better fic for it. Thank you!!!

Kay_b ~ I hope this gives the answers you seek. ^.^ I'm so glad to see you still like this story.

Vampyrolover86 ~ I hope it was worth waiting for.

Burningchaos ~ I hope this is the more you've been looking for. I must say the Shirley Temple comment from Kyle is one of my favs too.

Saavik60 ~ Sorry... Extremely long day at work. But here it is!! And it's a long one too!!! And I'm glad you are still reading and looking forward to the story!!!

To my lurkers, if I have any ~ Thank you for reading. I understand not commenting. Though, even a hey I like it, would be appreciated. But I'm glad that you are reading and enjoying.

Chapter 8

As they drove closer to their destination, Liz could feel herself starting to fidget. The connection seemed to strengthen. She closed her eyes, and stretched out mentally. She almost jumped in her seat, as it reached back. It seemed almost a questioning hello. A fire spread across her body as she touched it.

A hand pulled her out of where ever she was. The group was looking at her in fear. Alex’s hand still gripped her shoulder lightly.

“What the hell?” Kyle looked freaked.

“What?” Liz blinked. Her future self was staring at her, almost like she was trying to pick her apart.

“I felt something. I was trying to follow it.” Liz shook her head. “I know it was wrong, but it wasn’t anything bad.”

“You glowed for a moment. I don’t care if it was just a friendly hi… you glowed.” Alex’s eyes were huge, on the verge of a freak out.

“What were you doing exactly?” Future Max seemed to take it better then most. Yet, there was a guarded look in his eyes.

It made Liz wonder if he knew exactly what had happened. “I felt something connect with me earlier, and it has been growing in strength, so I decided to make contact.”

Future Max looked ready to punch something. “I guess we’re all going to have to meet up with them.”

“Stop the car!” Future Liz looked out towards an alleyway. They quickly parked and headed toward to the alleyway on foot.

Lonnie and Rath were talking to a pair of Skins. As the group drew closer, they could see Lonnie’s left leg was damaged, while Rath had a few scorch marks on his chest. Blood ran down the side of Rath’s head as he glared.

“No dice, Duke. I’s no one’s messenger boy. Khivar can take his dealio and shove it.” Rath held Lonnie upright. His face was a façade of ice.

“Either you kill your boy king, or get him to go to the summit. Either way, his future is none of your concern. You and your whore princess can come home. You miss home, don’t you? Who’d want to be left on this trash heap of a planet?” The Skin moved his hand into a weighing gesture. “If you don’t, then we’ll not only kill your boy king, we’ll rape his bride, and lovely Vilandra, here, will dance for us. She looks so pretty when she’s in pain.” A finger swiped across Lonnie’s face, and lifted to the Skin’s mouth. “She tastes lovely too.”

Rath moved to strike the Skin, but Lonnie laid a hand against his chest. “He’ll kill ya.”

“You thinks we should roll wit’ dis retarded plan? Duke is countin’ on us. I won’t kills him.” Rath glared.

“Rath, think of Aves. We has to think whats they can do ta Aves.” Lonnie looked scared.

Future Liz could remember the same look on Isabel’s face when Max was being held in the White Room. The absolute terror she had felt as she dream-walked him. As different as Isabel and Lonnie seemed, especially knowing that Lonnie and Rath had killed Zan, the two never seemed more alike.

“This explains a lot.” Future Liz whispered as she took aim at the main Skin. “After I shoot, throw up your shield, we have to protect Liz, Kyle and Alex.” Future Liz looked over at Future Max.

He nodded as he pulled Liz behind him. “Keep close to me.”

Kyle and Alex moved closer to Future Max.

With two popping sounds, the Skins were dust. Lonnie and Rath raised their hands as if to defend themselves. Rath dropped his as his eyes widened at the shield.

“Who ares ya?” Rath pushed Lonnie’s hand down. “I knows dat shield, but yous not Duke. Ya da dupe?”

“Rath, we need to get Lonnie and you back to the sewer. All will be explained there. Just know we are here to help.” Future Liz waved her hand over the gun, and placed it back into her waistband.

Kyle smirked as the rest of the group looked at Future Liz oddly. “It’s good that you remember that the barrel gets hot the more you use it.”

“Third degree burns on my back isn’t my idea of kinky fun, Kyle.” Future Liz rolled her eyes. “For your comments, you get to carry Lonnie. Liz and Alex can help Rath.”

“Why aren’t I carrying Lonnie? I’m taller.” Future Max looked confused.

“I don’t trust the Skins. We need you holding our back with your shield. I’ll take the front.” Future Liz delegated.

Kyle picked up Lonnie bridal style, looking slightly silly. Not as silly as Rath looked, one of his hands was on top of Liz’s head; while Alex had Rath’s other arm around his shoulders.

“I’d be thinkin’ ya need signals. We’s don’t yellow pages it.” Rath smirked at Future Liz.

“Technically, it would be White Pages. Yellow Pages are for businesses.” Alex pointed out helpfully, but winced as Rath glared at him.

“I know the way.” Future Liz cut off the fight before it began.

The trek through the sewers was a short one, but it felt like an eternity. Especially after Kyle asked Lonnie if she’d ever hear about Buddha’s journey towards enlightenment, which should’ve been a quick conversation, with a no on Lonnie’s part. Except Kyle had pointed out that Buddha had tried fasting on his way to enlightenment, and he thought it was a good idea in her case.

Lonnie had raised her hand to blast him, but Liz reminded Lonnie that if she killed Kyle, she’d only get hurt more.

Liz could feel the connection take hold of her, and as it did her nerve endings burned. She felt him before she saw him.

Future Liz dropped the shield, and started to talk.

Zan ignored her, as he walked to Liz. “Hows ya doing dat? Yous not Antarian. Hows can you do dat?”

“Do what?” Liz blinked, before moving around Zan to help Rath to sit. “I think we have more important things to worry about then this thing, what ever it is.”

“What’s going on?” Kyle dropped Lonnie on the couch. “I thought it was nothing, Liz. I thought it wouldn’t hurt you. He seems mighty pissed. And I’m not sure I can trust anyone in this crazy abyss. And, oh my Buddha, you have me rhyming.”

Liz looked over, “Kyle, he won’t hurt me. He needs to heal his sister and best friend.” Then looked back at Zan, not backing down, “Don’t you?”

Future Max glared at Zan. “Liz and I have the seals, don’t bother her.”

“I don’t trust dis. Yous me, but yous not. Yous not da Dupe, yet you are. She,” Zan pointed at Future Liz. “Is holding my Seal. Yous are too. But she’s active. Queenie here can take us out if she wants. Touched. Dats what wes call it.” Zan looked over at Future Liz. “You saw inside. You can’ts do dat. Not allowed.”

“What are you babbling about?!” Liz grabbed Zan’s arm, dragging his attention back to her.

As their skin touched, Liz could see a five year old dragging himself out of a dirty, grimy pod. Still slick with its protective jelly, he pounded on another pod till it cracked. A young Lonnie emerged, her body shaking, as her brother held her safe. A young Rath pulled himself out of his pod, his birth messier then the other two; the jelly congealing on the ground as he stood unsteadily on his feet like a foal trying to stand for the first time, hands rubbing down his skin, unsure of its design. The three look at Ava’s pod, hoping. A hand reaches out, as if to wave. Zan grabbed it, and with Rath helping, they pulled Ava out of the pod.

Liz could feel herself rear back, as the scent of the jelly filled her nose. Its slick texture drenched her body. The fear of the unknown and the joy of birth overwhelmed her. As she pulled back, the connection slammed shut.

“Dats not for ya to see.” Zan glared. His hand gripped her wrist as he pulled off her hand. “You’s not allowed,” Zan tapped the side of his head, “here.”

“I wasn’t trying!” Liz pulled her wrist away from his hand, her eyes glaring at him. He might have looked like Max, but this wasn’t Max. He wasn’t nice, or good. He was a means to an end. “If you don’t want me in your head, stop pulling me in!” Liz pushed at Zan’s chest. There was something there, something that infuriated her. It wasn’t his arrogance; she had seen more arrogant people. “And heal your friends!”

Zan turned in step, and walked over to Lonnie. Leaning down, he whispered something in her ear, and he healed her leg. She nodded her eyes watching the new group warily.

Rath tried to stand, as Zan walked over to him. “Duke, da two nursing homes have you’s shield.”

“It’s cool, Rath.” Zan pushed Rath back into his seat. “I knows what’s the dealio.”

“Epic.” Rath nodded, as Zan healed him.

Zan turned back to Liz. “Yous happy now, princess?”

“Yeah, she is.” Future Liz butted in. “Where’s Ava?”

A yawn signaled the pink and black haired dupe’s arrival to the group. “Zan, what’s the dealio?”

Future Liz bit her lip, at the sight of Ava. She was smaller then Future Liz remembered her, or maybe it was her presence. Ava had a child-like presence next to the others. She had come into her own while in Florida. Maybe it was the freedom to make mistakes, or maybe it was Kyle’s gentle but perverted way of handling her. This Ava wasn’t the one who had held her hand, as she took her last breath. She wasn’t the one who had told her in no questions asked tone to kick Future Max in the nuts.

This Ava had a future, and a bright one at that. Maybe even one with Kyle again, if her shy looks at him had any meaning.

“We’s have guests, and ya didn’t has da guts to warn me.” Ava glared at Zan. She stomped back into her room.

“You’ve seen Aves. Why do ya cares?” Zan cocked his head at Future Liz.

“Ava was a friend. As for who I am; I'm from the Future. As is he,” Future Liz pointed to Future Max. “In his future, you died, and he gained the seal. As you said, he isn’t activated.”

Ava gasped, as she walked back into the room. She had heard her name while changing clothes and decided to investigate. “We's friends?”

“Thanks for peeping at the importants there, Aves.” Lonnie rolled her eyes, a hand massaging the once damaged leg.

“I’m from a different future. The world ends six years from now.” Future Liz talked as if she didn’t hear the infighting between Lonnie and Ava. “Everyone is dead. Khivar is sucking this planet dry. Antar is a loss; it hasn’t been able to sustain life for about a year now. Or should I say five years from now.”

A gasp of shock reverberated around the room. Rath looked down at his hands, as if to ask how. Lonnie’s fingers stilled, as her mouth dropped open. Ava looked broken; her expression a mirror of the first time Future Liz had come back from being raped by Khivar.

Zan was the hardest hit; his hand covered his stomach, as if he wanted to vomit. His eyes were now glassy and void with the knowledge that even if he could go back to his planet; it was far too late.

Liz didn’t know why she placed a hand on his shoulder. She could feel his heartache reverberate through her even though he had tried to bury it deep inside of him. It was like a ghost of a whisper, crawling on her skin. The want to make it better scrapped across her senses like sharp nails down her back.

His head turned, as their eyes locked. He knew her, as she knew him. It wasn’t like Max, she reminded herself once again. Max never knew how far she would go to protect him. Nor did he truly know what was in her heart. Zan did. Zan was. The connection had started with his duplicate, but the true connection hadn’t honestly formed until she had come into his territory. She had no secrets, her thoughts laid bare for him to see.

It wasn’t a one way street to say the least. She could see into him, his true self. The man he was, the king he was meant to be. It was all there. Looking into his eyes she felt a click, as if they had melted into each other.

Future Max flinched at the scene. He remembered that look on his Liz’s face. It had been the night of the Gomez concert as he’d broke through the barrier that made Liz a virgin, they had cemented the bond. It wasn’t just talk of sex, it was a metaphysical bond. He knew why she had glowed when Zan and she had mentally touched. His Liz had done the same. He wasn’t sure what it was, or how to control it, but it was there.

Future Liz looked forlorn, as if jealous of her younger self. Then it hit him, she wasn’t jealous of her younger self for having Zan. She was jealous for the connection there. The thought flittered through his mind like a tiny paper cuts. He could feel his heart bleed at the damage that he had helped cause to her and her Max’s connection.

Ava looked over at Zan and Liz. A tear slipped down her cheek. She had known he was looking for someone. She just didn’t know that that someone would eventually make her appearance. It wasn’t completely heartbreaking, though she did love him. Ava had always known Zan was just on loan to her. Now it was time to turn him in, and face the reality of life without him.

Kyle placed a hand on her shoulder. His eyes held neither judgment nor pity as he handed her a balled up Kleenex. “Dad always told me having these in my pockets would come in handy.”

Ava gave a watery smile, as she wiped away the streak left by the tear. “Thanks.”

“Buddha always said, ‘be prepared’. Or was that the Boy Scouts? I can never remember. I just figure Buddha would have said it.” Kyle smiled, praying that she didn’t move closer. It was taking all his strength not to pull her into his arms, and try to soothe the pain. It wasn’t because she looked like Tess, but maybe it was in spite.

“You knows our Dupes?” Ava cocked her head to get a better look at him. He wasn’t tall like Zan. Hell, they could practically look each other in the eye. In some ways, Ava thought, that was better. It was always hard to get Zan to look at her as it was, then with the added height difference, it was damn near impossible.

“Yeah,” Kyle smiled. “The duplicate of Captain Planet over there, we call Max. I call him ‘Girlfriend Stealing Asshole with Life Saving Abilities’. It’s a work in progress. The Mohawk doesn’t have the fugly mullet back home, and we call him Michael or Guerin. Depends on whose he’s pissed off at the moment. My new best friend over there,” Kyle pointed to Lonnie whose shock had finally worn off, and was looking confused at the Zan and Liz show, “we call Isabel.”

“Lonnie’s no one’s new best friend.” Ava laughed.

The sound startled the group. Alex, who was standing in the back taking it all in, walked over to Kyle and Ava. “Don’t worry, Isabel’s the same way. I think it’s genetic.”

Kyle cracked up. “Please, I think its heredity. Their whole family tree probably has branches stuck up their ass, just like Max and Isabel.”

Future Max glared at Kyle. “I’m remembering why I hate you.”

Zan pulled back from Liz. Both stuck with a confused expression, and a feeling of loss.

Future Liz rubbed her forehead. “I’ve come back to stop Zan’s death.”

“Hows you going to do dat?” Rath spoke up, his eyes betraying his hope.

“Well, considering the fact that we stopped the Skins from convincing you and Lonnie from killing him, we’re doing pretty damn good so far.”

Zan’s eyes widened, his face going slack with betrayal. “Dats not possible.”

“To protect Aves, and Lonnie, Duke, it is.” Rath hung his head in shame. “They’d threatened us. Said you’s die anyways. Aves, and Lonnie would be theys toys. Sexual Toys. You mades me promise ta protect da girls. I would.”

“Rath, thank you.” Zan walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. “It’s an honor to serve with you.”

“Da honor is alls mine, Duke.” Rath nodded. His head tilted up to look at his King.

“Now dat we has Zan protected, whats now?” Lonnie looked over at Future Liz. “You’s a Queenie. Zan even says so. So whats now?”

“Now we go back to Roswell. We need to regroup. The Duplicates need to know about you. Remember, why use Four Squared, when you have Eight. You are stronger together as a unit; using both units in conjunction can only strengthen your power base.” Future Liz looked over at Future Max. “Now does it make sense why I got the Yukon?”

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Death is A Playground (UC/CC, Adult) Ch 9 ~ 7/10

Post by darkmoon »

Ok, this is a backwards B-day gift... Tomorrow is my B-day, but you all get a new chapter. Rock on!!

Saavik60 ~ No, Thank you for reading and commenting!!

B ~ I'm glad you look forward to my chapters. I think I'd cry if you decided you wouldn't.

Behrstars ~ Thank you!!!

Lilah ~ Thank you so much! I was hoping Kyle's one liners were as good as I thought they were. They cracked me up, and I hoped they did the same to others. Knowing that you found it funny was a joy! Thank you also about Zan and Rath, I was hoping they would come out ok. ^.^

Pandas2001 ~ The trip and the time before the trip is going to be interesting... to say the least. Thank you for liking the story!!

K ~ I'm hoping to get a feedback on the next chapter as amazing as the last one. ^.^

Carrie ~ How was Maine? I'm floored that you hunted down a computer on your vacation just to read the last chapter. FLOORED! And I hope this lives up to what you're looking forward to. ::blushes:: Still amazed that you'd hunt down a computer on your vacation to read this.

Kay_b ~ Thank you for enjoying it!! I can't wait to write the part when the Roswell and NY sets meet. I hope you enjoy the next chapter!

Begonia9508 ~ To me, the only one who seemed really really wanting to go back was Lonnie. I always got the feeling that Rath could careless... He was just being strung along by Lonnie. Ava would follow Zan. And we saw that Zan really didn't want to go, why else would he say no to the summit. But those are just my feelings. And as for believing Liz as their Queen, I hope this chapter explains it more.

Lizandzackfan ~ Thank you so much!!

Tabby ~ I hope this is as good as you hoped!!! I'm so glad that I got the Dupes right. I was so worried. ::Snuggles::

To My Lurkers ~ Keep reading! And Thank you!!!!!!

Chapter 9

“We’re meeting up with the Roswell set?” Future Max looked surprised.

“Yeah. We need to set up a game plan. There is more work to do. This was just part one of a multi-tiered plan.” Future Liz shook her head.

“What’s make you dink dat we’d wanna roll wit ya?” Zan butted in. “I never gave orders. And you might be Queenie. But I’s da Man. King if you will. I make da rules. I’s still active. And I’s real.”

“You might be the real King. You might control the knowledge that the Granolith grants you, but I’ve been in the Granolith. I’ve gleaned knowledge that you can only imagined. You called me Touched. I’m telling you I know what we need to do to save Earth. You can join in, or you can get the hell out of the way.” Future Liz stared down Zan, her eyes never waivered from his.

“Can we stop the pissing contest? It was bad enough to watch Future Max and Kyle. Now it’s my Holier Than Thou self, and Da Man. Can it! We’re all a part of this. This isn’t just your mission, Liz.” Liz butted in, a hand braced against Zan, as she tried to intervene without touching her future self. “And you!” Liz’s eyes caught Zan’s as he looked away from her future self. “You may be King, but I’m not your subject. This is my planet, and I refuse to allow this Khivar asshole to take it from me.”

“Go Liz!” Alex and Kyle cheered, but quickly quieted down as Future Liz and Zan glared at them.

Ava shook her head. “I’s your subject, Zan. Yous know, I tagalong anywheres you go. But I agree wit you’s Queen. Not da Queenie. You’s Queen.” Ava pointed to Liz, with an internal wince. “We lives on dis planet. We’s can’t save Antar. We can save Earth. Pony up.”

“Duke, I’s go wit Aves. We have to protect dis planet. If not for dem, for us. You has a Queen to worry bout. Fuck da Dupes. We needs dem for dis. We don’t needs to be switching digits and all buddy-buddying it. Is War. Dey soldiers, untrained, yeah. But still soldiers.” Rath stood, cracking his neck.

“Lon?” Zan looked over at his sister.

“I’s don’t wanna die for dis planet but Rath has da nail da head. We’s stuck here. Antar is bust. If we’s don’t want repeats here, we’s have to stand up.” Lonnie looked away, regret in her eyes. Her posture was one of a prisoner dealing with their fate. She closed her eyes and with a deep breath, opened them and stared at the group. “Peeps needs to be trained. We can’t lets da babes in da woods get all lost. Big Bad Wolf gonna eat dem up.”

“My council agrees wit you’s suggestion. We go back wit ya. We fight for Earth. No more, no less. We ain’t dere for tears and hugs. And if my’s Dupe as lame duck as dis one,” Zan pointed his thumb at Future Max, “we’s not going to be all buddy-buddy.”

“I’m asking you to save the world, not to be Max’s long lost brother.” Future Liz shrugged.

“I wouldn’t want you anyways.” Future Max sneered. He didn’t like Zan; he was too brash, and self indulgent, yet power fit Zan better then it ever did him. He had a presence, you knew, without him saying a word, that he was in charge. It wasn’t that Max didn’t have a leadership presence, he did, but his leadership was constantly reinforced by Isabel and Michael turning to him. Zan didn’t need anyone to prove he was a leader. That was why he was king.

Alex looked at the group. “Are we sure we’re all fit in the Yukon?”

“Well, four people in the back, three in the middle and I drive.” Future Liz held a hand to stop Future Max’s protest. “You don’t know how to get home. I’ve driven on more highways then you could imagine.”

“I’ll sit in the back, that way less chance of us touching.” Liz pointed out.

“Epic… I knows were I’s sitting.” Rath leered, but stopped as Lonnie got up and smacked him upside the head, “wit Lon.”

“I be dinking I sit wit da boys in da mid. Girl can get lonely. Zan, be da man and sit wit you’s sis and general. You needs to Chatty Kathy it wit you’s queen anyways.” Ava slid an arm around one of Kyle’s arms, and then did the same with Alex’s. She had to remind herself that she was doing this for Zan. Not that sitting with two hot men was really a hardship; calling the human slip of a girl her Queen was. But the connection had proven it. The legends had foretold that Kings and Queens were married only if they could prove the Silver Cord was binding their souls. The tradition had been lost, and thought only as legend… except that legend was proven today.

Lonnie looked at the group. This was what her life was reduced to, saving a planet she spent her entire existence hating and trying to get off of. She didn’t belong on this rock. She was a princess once. Lonnie didn’t want to believe that she could betray Zan, but the when the Skin offered to take her back; she was already able to taste the sweet atmosphere of Antar again. And it scared her.

Kyle smiled down at Ava. “I think I can handle keeping someone as pretty as you are company. Mind you, with Alex here, we’ll have to deal with trivia over bands that are long gone, and who is better Picard or Kirk. Personally, I have to say Kirk.”

“Kirk, most likely, had space herpes.” Alex grumbled.

“You’re just upset because Kirk has had sex. You’ve only seen it on TV.” Kyle pulled Ava closer to him. He looked down, smiling. “I’ll protect you from the horrible trivia that he’ll try to inflict on you, but only because you’re pretty. The kids in the way back are on their own.”

Lonnie smirked from her spot next to Rath. “N’ver had me a cherry before.” She walked over to Alex. “I dink I can fix ya.”

Rath’s mouth dropped. He and Lonnie had never been exclusive, but they had rules. Never try to pick up someone else, while the other was in the room. He was annoyed, not at Lonnie for hitting on the kid. He was annoyed that he got smacked for hitting on Zan’s girl with no intent on doing what Lonnie was.

“Thankfully we decided to get the gun first, instead of finding a hotel. This way we aren’t paying for a room we aren’t going to use.” Liz looked over at Zan. “You don’t have to talk to me. I don’t think I could ‘Chatty Kathy’, was it? With you.”

“Why?” Zan looked annoyed.

“You listen to what you want to hear. And I have a feeling; nothing I say is what you want to hear. Plus, your grammar is atrocious.” Liz pointed out.

“Great, you’ve got her using her SAT words. Good job, idiot!” Kyle whined.

“Atrocious means bad, Kyle.” Liz looked over with an ‘You are NOT as Amusing as you Think you are’ look on her face.

“I know that. But every time you use the SAT words, it means either you are PMSing or pissed. At least it isn’t at me.” Kyle let go of Ava to throw his hands in the air.

“It could be very easily.” Liz deadpanned.

“Don’t listen to Kyle, Liz. The wheel is turning but the hamster’s dead.” Future Liz walked over to Kyle and poked him in the ribs. “Be nice.”

Kyle dropped his arms to protect his ribs. “I’m glad you’re driving. You’re definitely PMSing.”

Zan looked annoyed by the antics. “No wonders we lost. Look at ya. We has no army. We’s recruiting kids.”

“I hate to point this out. But even with the human armies, we still lost. We have something that they didn’t, though.” Future Liz glared at Zan. “We have Max and I. We’ve been there. I have dealt with Khivar first hand.”

“Prove it, Queenie.” Zan leaned against the couch, daring her to show him some sign. He was stunned and horrified at the proof.

Future Liz pulled off her shirt, which caused catcalls from Kyle and Rath. Her glare stopped them dead. Half hidden by her thread bare bra was a tribal tattoo. “This should look familiar. This is Khivar’s family seal. He gave it to me thinking I had given into him. I killed him with his own knife.” Future Liz pulled back on her shirt, and pulled the knife from the back of her pants.

“This knife has been in Khivar’s possession since he hit your version of puberty. He has the original Zan’s Soul Knife, as it’s called, on display. It proves that he killed you. From the moment a boy is given his Soul Knife it never leaves him, till death. This is my proof that I killed Khivar.”

“He give you your ‘necklace’?” Zan’s eyes held no pity, but the acknowledgement that she had his respect. He stood up straighter, and moved closer to Liz.

Liz didn’t know why she was leaning into Zan. Maybe it was the horror that she, her future self, had things done to her that boggled her mind. Maybe it was the tone of Zan’s voice, his rich tone held no pity, just pride in what Future Liz had accomplished.

“The scar?” Future Liz fingered the one wrapped around her neck. “This was food for my family for two months. Khivar wanted to see how long and hard you’d have to choke a human before death. The string cut into the skin, and some of it is still in there. The skin just grew over it.”

“Shit!” Rath looked horrified. “And wheres was da dupes?”

“Unable to help.” Future Liz glared at Rath.

“Dat’s not cool. Whatcha get for the chest one?” Rath shook his head.

“The life of my child.” Future Liz growled.

Ava and Alex looked sick to their stomachs, whereas Kyle wore the same haunted look in his eyes that he’d had when Future Liz told him of his death. Lonnie could feel her stomach drop to her toes; the guilt of her thoughts towards home consumed her.

Rath looked like he wanted to punch something, namely himself for pushing.

Future Max wanted to pull Future Liz into his arms, soothe away the pain of the relived memories.

Liz leaned her head against Zan’s chest. He stroked her hair, murmuring incoherent nothings in her ear. The sound of his voice soothed her pain. The connection roared to life, as they sunk into each other’s souls. His strong presence reminded Liz, she could let go. In their connection, she could sob at the pain Future Liz held back. The knowledge of what Khivar had done truly crystallized in her mind.

Zan held on. It was all he could do. Liz’s pain ripped into him. He knew he had to be the strong one, the one who protected her. Her mental sobs shook him to his core. He wanted to protect this woman. It scared him, like nothing had ever done; not waking up alone at his birth, not even at the knowledge that Rath and Lonnie had killed him in a future that was no longer written. This girl had touched him in ways he had forgotten existed.

“I don’t need your pity. I need you to suck it up and deal. We have a planet to save. As a wise man told me when I told him I would miss him; No you won’t. Because if this works… You’ll have nothing to miss.” Future Liz’s eyes went cold. “Don’t feel sadness for what has happened; because if this works, it’ll never happen.”
Last edited by darkmoon on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.