What Might Have Been (CC - ALL - Adult ) Pt.7 4-22-05 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

What Might Have Been (CC - ALL - Adult ) Pt.7 4-22-05 [WIP]

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

[url=http://imageshack.us][img=http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4454/wmhb8uf.jpg][/url]

Written By: Dawn M. Brock
Email: FaithfulAngel24@hotmail.com
Rating: Mature
Disclaimer: I do not own any rights to Roswell neither the books nor the T.V show ;I am but a poor college student. The only thing I own is this computer ,the two dollars that’s in my pocket, and of course the many dreams I have about Michael & Max ; You can’t take those; They are mine.
Summary: Story takes place after “Destiny” It is basically what I think should have happened next.
Category: All
Author’s Notes: You may like it or totally hate it. Constructive criticism is encouraged. This is my first fanfic so go easy on me. I am a writer. I cannot better myself nor my work if I don’t know what the readers like and dislike.

Part One
(At The Crash Down)

Elizabeth Parker, are you even listening to me?” a familiar and extremely annoyed voice questioned. Liz immediately snapped out of the wonderful fantasy she was having. “Huh? Oh, yeah sorry ,Maria I’m just feeling a little…“ She struggled to find an appropriate word. “Uh… distracted,” she concluded. Maria Deluca eyed her friend curiously. Knowing her friend was obviously worried about her, Liz tried to clarify. “I was just thinking about a certain Czechoslovakian. ”Maria giggled, “Well, as long as your not daydreaming about my ex who just happens to be a member of the pod squad we’ll be alright.” Liz covered her mouth to stifle a laugh .She swiftly responded, “No, it was Max…again”

Maria shook her head. She knew exactly how Liz felt. Right now she wanted nothing more than to be in Michael’s arms ,which she felt was the safest place in this world. Probably the safest place in any world. She frowned. After all that crap they had been through sophomore year and she’d still ended up with absolutely nothing. After Max and Isabelle received the message from their mother at the cave everything changed. Liz walked out on Max. He of course was devastated. Maria thought she had just kind of followed suit. Michael had not called or tried to see her since that day. She of course had tried to get a hold of him several times, but finally gave up halfway through the summer.

Liz immediately felt bad about bringing up the oh so broody ones. Maria’s frustrated face told the whole tragic story. She misses Michael, Liz thought , probably as much as I miss Max. Wait. .. No…Stop thinking about him. Maria studied her friend’s face carefully, Liz was dealing with her own inner battle for control of her emotions. This was something Maria was all too familiar with. Trying to change the subject , Maria scolded Liz with her index finger, “Now Lizzie you have been home a total of( she glanced at her arm reading a watch that wasn’t there) 18 minutes and you haven’t told me how your trip to Florida went.” Feeling relieved , Liz started spouting off all the great adventures she’d had when something caught her eye. Outside The Crash Down window was the love of her life. The man she had given up 3 months earlier for the greater good. Liz couldn’t help thinking the greater good was looking pretty sucky right now. Liz’s knees instantly defied her. She was paralyzed. Liz stammered,” Wow, he looks…” “Dreamy” Maria finished for her.

Liz then caught Max’s eye. He looked stunned for a moment. Liz realized he was completely thrown off guard. Max had to subdue the notion of sprinting to the door. He said to himself, I’ll just briskly walk. His brisk walk ultimately became jogging. By the time he reached Liz he was completely out of breath. Liz was too ,but for entirely different reasons. All he managed to get out was a exasperated , “Hey.” Liz bit her bottom lip trying to think of something completely neutral to say. She wasn’t about to get dragged back into this alien mess. She opened her mouth and to her horror she blurted what she was actually thinking. “You look good, Max”

Well, that whole being neutral notion kind of went out the window she thought. She nervously waited for Max’s response. Which took a good minute since he was still trying to catch his breath, “Yeah?.. You look equally as appealing, um can we talk?” Maria took this opportunity to excuse herself,” Later, Chica!” but when she opened the door to leave Max stopped her, “Maria, I don’t know if it means anything ,but Michael really misses you.” This did nothing but infuriate her. “ Well, he has a really funny way of showing it.” With that she whipped her long curly blonde hair around and stomped out of The Crash Down.

Liz gave Max an apologetic smile, but Max waved it away “Don’t worry about it I kind of walked right into that one. “Yeah, you kind of… did” She giggled. Oh how he had missed that laugh. That smile. How had he made it through the summer without her? He then began to reexamine his soul mate. Her long dark hair was pulled back in low ponytail. He desperately wanted to pull out the elastic band that held it in place and run his fingers through it. She had certainly changed in her appearance over the summer , but regrettably she still had that twinge of sadness in her lovely dark eyes. Max could not help but feel responsible for putting it there.

“You wanted to talk to me..” Liz reminded him. Max smiled. Liz immediately melted. That’s not fair she thought. Max grinned and began “Yeah you know this whole our breaking up thing..” Liz just nodded not really knowing what else to do. She shifted uncomfortably as He continued, “Well, it’s just not working out for me. You see I am very very much in love with you, Liz Parker and nobody else will do.” Liz took a step back trying to take a moment to process what she was hearing. Max took this as a rejection and immediately started staring at the wall beside him. Seeing the pain in his eyes, she knew she had to say something, but nothing came so she just walked up to him and put her small delicate arms around him giving him a much needed hug. He finally let out the breath he had been holding and held her.

When she raised up to look at him he had tears in is eyes. “I love you too ,but what are we going to do ;your destiny is to be with Tess.” She choked on the last three words even as she said them. She nervously searched his eyes for an answer and was surprised at the one she got. He was angry. His voice was strained, “Liz… Tess is NOT my destiny! I don’t even know her very well, and what I do know I don’t particularly like. She means absolutely nothing to me.” He paused for a moment to compose himself.” She’s not you.” he whispered Liz’s eyes began to swell and tears ran down her cheeks. Max immediately kicked himself for losing his temper. He had hurt her again. He promised himself from that day on he would love and protect her ,and he vowed to keep anything from ever hurting her again. Which is why it surprised him when she placed her hands on his face and softly kissed him. He now understood that those were tears of joy. She wanted to be with him too. He hungrily kissed her his hand cascading down her back. He pulled her tightly against him. At this point the only coherent thought Liz had was yay!

In a dark alley
Maria hadn’t realized how dark it was until she was halfway home. Walking home alone after dark was not a hobby of hers. In fact, she normally avoided it at all costs, but she knew that Liz and Max needed some time alone to work things out. ”Oh please let them work things out” ,she begged to no one in particular. “Oh, great now I’m talking to myself.” Maria chuckled “Wait till Liz hears about this.” Her laugh was cut short by the sound of footsteps behind her. All the color drained out of her face as she sped up, but as she did, so did the footsteps, until she was at a dead run.” Help!”, She screamed. She felt someone grab her and pull her into the alley. “No, please don’t”, she cried.

The stranger whirled her around. His evil grin hardened her heart. She was not about to let this happen. She kneed him. When he dropped to his knees she smashed him in the head with her purse. She turned around and pinned him to the ground with her foot and looked up to see an astonished Michael standing less than two feet away from her. “What are you doing here?” she questioned, completely forgetting the attacker beneath her. Michael looked at the flailing assailant and shrugged “I was going to save you, but it looks like you’ve got that pretty much covered.” Maria snickered,” I have been taking self defense classes this summer.” Michael nodded in approval. “So that’s why you go to the gym every Wednesday night.” Maria smiled and looked slightly pleased ,but her satisfaction quickly turned to anger. ”How do you know that?” Michael looked embarrassed ,which doesn’t happen a lot. He offered a quick explanation, ”Max works out there; sometimes I go with him.” Maria saw straight through his B.S “You’ve been following me haven’t you?” she accused. “What? No.” He looked completely flabbergasted.

Maria looked at the ground examining her shoes.” I know you have.” she whispered softly. Michael stepped forward and knocked out the still thrashing criminal.” How do you Know?” he asked never breaking eye contact. Maria swallowed the lump in her throat and answered,” I know because even when I can’t see you I can feel you. I can feel when your close. It hurts here.” (She touches her heart ;tears filling her eyes.) Michael groaned, “I told you this would never end well.” He turned to walk away. Maria, using her new newly developed skills, pinned him to the ground only this time she held him down with her arms. “ And why exactly does this have to end.” He probably would have responded if he could breathe. Having Maria’s body so close was just too much. He had to touch her he realized. All he wanted to do was run his hands along her small frame. To make her his and only his. His hunger for her grew until he couldn’t think of anything else. Mud. Mud. Mud. He thought. When that didn’t work he gave into to his desires. He wanted to kiss her. No. Not wanted needed to kiss her to feel her body shudder at his touch. He pressed his lips to hers for a soft ,but meaningful caress. Her body immediately responded. She aligned her body perfectly to his. He kissed her deeper this time letting himself go completely.

They pawed each other releasing the passion they had suppressed for months. Michael’s hand found the buttons on her waitress uniform and started undoing them one by one. Slowly. Seductively. They stopped kissing and she looked down at her love; He was smiling. Oh how she loved him. She would do anything for him. Then reality set in. Maria realized she was in a dark alley, with a dangerous man lying a few feet away ,and an even more dangerous man lying directly under her. A man who for the past three months had brushed her off as if she’d meant nothing to him. “OH, HELL NO!” she shouted. Michael’s smile disappeared and was quickly replaced with confusion. “What?” he spouted before rising up. Maria rapidly buttoned her uniform and began plodding off. Michael grabbed her arm and swung her around. “I thought this is what you wanted…”,he huffed ”for us to be together.” (Maria threw her hands up in disgust)”Yeah, this is what I (stressing I) wanted. To have my alien ex- boyfriend grope me in the middle of an alley when he hasn‘t even spoken to me in the last three months.”

Michael laughed,” Sounds good to me.” His face then turned grave when he rethought her choice of words.” Your alien ex boyfriend? (He emphasized) So that’s what it always comes down to. The fact that I am an alien really bothers you.” His face hardened and was unreadable. Maria’s eye twitched. What could she say to that? ”Yes,” she started, “The fact that you are an Czechoslovakian( eyeing the attacker who was stirring) and predestined to be someone else’s lover puts quite a damper on things.” He could not keep the hurt out of his eyes. “Oh, Michael…” She walked to him ,but he turned away. Without looking at her he answered, “Your right. It does. I’m sorry.” He walked away. Maria found herself alone with an dirty old man at her feet. (Huff) Maria turned to her would be attacker. She kicked him twice hard in the ribs releasing the anger she had been holding in. She walked the rest of the way home with a very heavy heart.

Maria was beyond exhausted when she finally reached her home. She unlocked the door and stepped through casting a glance over her shoulder as she entered. “He’s not there.” she said , and for the first time in a long time she felt completely and utterly alone. She walked to her bedroom and pulled off her shoes. She sat on her bed for just a moment and tried to figure out the events that had just taken place. She had really hurt him. “Well, he really hurt me.” she argued with herself. She moaned. Holding her head in her hands she waited for the world to make sense again, when it didn’t she resorted to desperate measures.” I need a little Hank; He puts everything into prospective.” She brought her mom’s old record player out of the closet and placed the old record in it’s place. She instantly calmed when the old country twang filled the air. She danced to the music. Swaying her body to it’s haunting rhythm.

Hear the lonesome whippoorwill
He sounds too blue to fly
The midnight train is whining low
I’m so lonesome I could cry

I’ve never seen a night so long
When time goes crawling by
The moon just went behind a cloud
To hide it’s face and cry

Did you ever see a robin weep
When leaves begin to die
That means he’s lost the will to live
I’m so lonesome I could cry

The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are
I’m so lonesome I could cry (I’m so Lonesome I could cry: Recorded By: Hank Williams)

When Maria sat back down on her bed she felt his eyes upon her. He had been watching her dance. She didn’t see him there in the shadows, but she felt him. She smiled knowingly. Lying down she waited. He would come to her in his own time.

Michael grinned, he knew she knew he was there. (Sorry I just had to) Oh how he loved to watch her dance. Her body made it’s own beat. If only he could will his body to glide in time wit hers. Oh that thought would be for another time.
He opened her window and climbed through. He stumbled a bit ,but caught himself. “Great job, Romeo” Maria giggled. Normally, he would have been mad ,but the sound of her laugh soothed him. They both jumped when the record stopped. She immediately got up and shut it off. Not knowing what else to do; she turned the radio on. Another country song came on and Michael sighed, “ More country? Come on. Why not some heavy metal? Country music is so…… boring. It’s all about how some chick took his money, his truck, and his dog.” He laughed at himself and then looked up to meet her eyes. Maria started to fire a sharp come back ,but was halted by the song that began to play. Startled by the heartfelt honesty and longing in the song; Michael stood up. He walked over to Maria and held out his hand. ”Dance with me?” She started to refuse , but the pleading look in his eyes charmed her to no end.

I can't hide the way I feel
About you...
Anymore

I can't hold the hurt inside
Keep the pain out of my eyes
Anymore

My tears no longer waiting
My resistance ain't that strong
My mind keeps recreating
A life with you alone
And I'm tired of pretending
That I don't love you anymore

Let me make one last appeal
To show you how I feel
About you...
'Cause there's no one else I swear
Holds a candle anywhere next to you

My heart can't take the beating
Not having you to hold
A small voice keeps repeating
Deep inside my soul
It says "I can't keep pretending...
I don't love you anymore."

I've got to take the chance
Or let it pass by
If I expect to get on with my life

My tears no longer waiting
Oh, my resistance ain't that strong
My mind keeps recreating
A life with you alone
And I'm tired of pretending
I don't love you anymore
Anymore...
Anymore…( Anymore; Recorded By: Travis Tritt)

The song ended ,but they just kept dancing. Both were too afraid to let go of one another for the fear that they’d never get what they had back. Maria was the first to break the silence. “ Michael, I am so confused here. I mean are we together, together? ( Using hand quotation marks.) Are we just dating? Does any of this mean that you still want me? And what about…” she would have continued babbling if he hadn’t gently pressed his index finger to her soft lips. He leaned in and took her entire body by storm. He kissed her mouth, cheeks, forehead ,and neck. By the time he was done she had lost all rational thought. He looked into her eyes and for once in his life saw a future for himself. Not just any future, but a future here on Earth with her. Not being a man of many words he answered her, “Yes, Not just, and always.” Maria nodded in approval; she took his hand and led him to the bed. Michael stopped and his eyes questioned her. ”I’m sure” ,her body answered.

TBC
Last edited by FaithfulAngel24 on Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Thanks

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read part one.
Now on with the show..

Part Two
Maria pulled the covers over her head. The evil sun had come up and was now demanding her to recognize its presence. Desperate to avoid the inevitable she plastered her face in her pillow. Her rationalization of the situation was clear.
If the sun is up then its morning. If its morning Michael has to leave. I do not want him to go, therefore it is not morning.

Wow, Ok maybe clear isn’t the right word. She thought

She turned over and admired her lover’s face stroking him ever so slightly on the cheek. Handsome was not the word to describe his extravagant features. He was beautiful. He stirred a bit and smiled in his sleep. Oh how she enjoyed that mischievous grin of his. It was an expression he reserved only for her, and she didn’t get to see it a lot. Taking full advantage of her circumstances she started kissing his chin working her way down his neck. She did this all without ever losing sight of his mouth.

“Hmmmmm.” He was awake now.

His goofy grin tickled Maria pink. She felt absolutely content just to lay in his arms.

Then stupid reality stepped back in.

How are we are going to hide this? Maria pondered. It’s going to be difficult especially if he keeps smirking like that.

He snuggled closer and gazed into her eyes. She was glowing, and not freaky alienesque glowing, but a normal human shine. He had never seen her so happy. She looked radiant.

I did that. He thought. I made her all glowy. He laughed despite himself.

“What?”,she asked trying to cover a giggle.

“Wow. That was just… Wow.” , he tried.

She sat up and pulled the covers around them.

“There’s more where that came from.” She assured him.

She kissed him deeply and did not let up until he was gasping for air.

“Your killing me.” He stated never losing eye contact.

“You like it!”, she teased rising up to straddle him.

“I sure do.”, he responded while softly pushing her hair back .

Their tender moment was interrupted by her corny pink cat alarm clock which was now purring.

“Ugh.” She groaned. Not bothering to cover herself she got up and turned it off.

Michael took a moment to admire the love of his life’s body before composing himself.

“I should be going”, he said exasperated. "The Stonewall" threw his legs over the side of the bed , and slipped his boxers on. After standing up he scanned the room for his missing pants. Maria wrapped her arms around his waist and brought her lover back down onto the bed.

“No. Not yet.” That was all she [i]said.[/i] :lol:

At school

" No. It can't be. She didn't." Liz replied looking horrified. "Yes, she did." Max confirmed. She covered her mouth.The petite brunette couldn't believe it. Why would Tess do such a thing?

TBC
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Thanks for all your support.

I’m sorry my last part was so choppy. This one is much longer and hopefully a lot clearer. Thank you for your patience. Remember feedback is greatly appreciated.
Now on with the show…

Part 3

Maria winced at the news. Well she had to hand it to her. The chick had balls. First, she shows up all destiny seeking and being just a regular pain in the ass. Then she goes and confesses her undying love to one of the only descent human men left. Granted Kyle felt the same, but that was beside the point. No one had realized how close they had gotten over the summer. I guess we were all preoccupied with our own messy love situations. Maria thought gazing at Michael.

Maria couldn’t help but speak her mind. Turning to Max she stated, “Well, at least she’s no longer panting over you like a puppy in heat.” Liz laughed uncomfortably while sneaking a peek at Max’s reaction. His face instantly flushed as he took a step toward Liz. “Yeah, I’m glad we can all finally get on with our lives.” Max answered.

Michael smiled and wrapped his arms around his little pixie. She knows not the meaning of the word tact, he thought. Not that he was an expert. They both seemed to have a unique way of speaking the truth in the situations when the truth is not necessarily wanted. That was just them. No B.S. No sugar coating. Just truth. This was the best and worst part of their relationship. It had taken a while, but he had finally let her see himself last night. Michael didn’t have to say he needed her. She knew. Maria didn’t have to say she forgave him for all the shit he put her through. He knew. The connection they share is nonverbal. To say it’s physical doesn’t do it justice. It’s as if every cell in his body screamed for hers, and would not be complete until he was with her. She made him better, stronger. He made her calmer and happier then she had ever been. For the first time Michael felt like he was apart of something greater then himself. Like he belonged somewhere. He belonged with her. He wouldn’t give her up for the world. Little did he know his world would ask him to.

The bell rang and Michael, Maria, Liz, and Isabel ran to Western CIV. Mrs. Hendricks was the embodiment of a tyrant. If you were ten seconds late she counted you absent, and after all the days, they had missed for alien research road trips they couldn’t afford that. Therefore, you can imagine the surprise when they walked in to find a ruggedly handsome 6ft 2 Greek God. He was the envisionment of every woman’s wet dream. His dark brown hair caressed his forehead slightly shielding his chocolate brown eyes. He resembled a younger cleaner version of Colin Ferrell.
“Wow!” Isabel mouthed to Liz. She couldn’t help, but agree the guy was a full-blown hottie. He was in no way cute. He was beautiful. “He should be considered a work of art.” Liz blushed she had never thought that about anyone other than Max. She sat down at the ancient and increasingly wobbly table, and waited for Maria. Sometimes Liz couldn’t help but be a tad jealous of her best friend. Whenever Maria walked into a room, it seemed to light up. She instantly becomes the center of attention. I t is as if everyone is waiting for her to say something fun and interesting, and she always does. Together they were Frick and Frack. Fun and exciting to be around, but alone Liz just felt like Frack. All eyes fell on Maria as she sat down. Well, they did until Liz’s cell phone went off. Then they bore into her. She tried to turn it off discretely, but it was too late. She was caught!

Picking up the seating chart the substitute from Heaven turned and faced them. Strolling to their table, he looked straight into Liz. He stopped at the table Liz and Maria shared. Then the Angel spoke. “Ms. Deluca... Ms. Parker... Was that a cell phone I heard go off? As you know cell phones are not permitted in school. I am going to have to take it up.” Liz looked around panicking she turned to Maria. She just smiled and saved the day. “That wasn’t a cell phone. It was my musical underwear.” The class erupted with laughter. Even the teacher smiled.

Michael did not like the lingering grin the beavis look-alike beamed at HIS girlfriend. Maria tried desperately to keep up the bit. “I swear. It really was. I’ll show you.” She stood up knowing good and well she had no intention of yanking her pants down in the middle of class.
Before she could blink, Michael was at her side. He grabbed her arm and quite literally dragged her out of the classroom leaving the teacher astonished.
:lol:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

You want more?

Part Four

Maria evaluated her surroundings. "Great, the eraser room. First, I offer to show my undergarments to the entire class. Now my boyfriend whisks me into the eraser room in the middle of class. Could it be any worse?” From the expression on Michael's face, Maria guessed it could. “What?” she asked clearly not getting the intenseness of the situation.

His face fell. He had no words for the anger that was brewing inside him. “ I’m gonna explode.” He reflected. “She honestly doesn’t understand why I’m furious. We are just too different.” It was his time to speak. “You almost showed the entire junior class your panties. Now tell me why I wouldn’t be mad.” Maria collected her thoughts worried about this new calm Michael. She would have known what to do if he had screamed at her, but he standing there waiting for her answer. “I was trying to help, Liz,” she stammered. That set him off. “There’s the Michael I know and love!” she thought.

“Yeah, I’m sure giving the room a peek show was helping her out.” He spouted.

Maria pushed him against the wall with her finger. “I did no such thing. I was joking. Thus all the laughing, but you wouldn’t understand that would you.” She was clearly fuming.” You take everything so serious. It is always life and death to you. You don’t even know the meaning of the word FUN!” Maria swung open the door and slammed it behind her.

Michael sighed. “This is what we do. We fight. We get back together. So then why does this time feel so different?” Then he realized” Oh my God... I’m talking to myself. When did I pick up that bad habit? Maria does it all the time. Hey, she just walked out on me in the middle of our fight having the last word. THAT’S WHAT I DO! Something weird is definitely going on and I am going to find out what it is, but first I have to win my little spitfire back.” He laughed at himself and left the room. :twisted:
At Lunch
Everyone was sitting down to eat except for Michael who had vanished. Maria didn’t seem to upset about his absence so Max decided not to worry. He had sensed that something had changed between them. He just hadn’t figured it out what it was yet, but he was sure Michael would tell him in his own time. He was completely zoned out of the conversation. That is until Alex spoke up.

“She did what?” Looking baffled, he put down his half eaten peanut and jelly sandwich. For a moment, Liz thought he was going to choke. Maria laughed as he took a big swallow of his sprite and continued, “Maria, are you on drugs? Please tell me you’re not riding the white pony.” Genuine concern flashed across his face. This only made Maria giggle even more. Michael took this opportunity to join them. Sitting next to, Maria he ignored the fact that she had completely brushed him off. Maria looked away from her sparring partner and stared at Alex. “No. Don’t be silly you know I would never put anything impure in my body.” Michael snickered at her comment. She blushed. Turning fifteen shades of red, she punched him in the shoulder and became very interested by a crack in the table. The group looked confused.

Isabel broke the awkward silence with more talk about the gorgeous new teacher. “His name is Bradley Koger. He just moved into town. He is 24 years old. He graduated from the University of New Mexico last year and …” Alex interrupted her” He enjoys long walks on the beach, Every Jimmy Buffet song known to man, and alien hunting.” Isabel was more than annoyed. “What exactly are you saying, Alex? That everyone who moves to Roswell is like Hubble.” Alex realized he hit a nerve, so he tried to tread softly. “No. He gives me an uneasy feeling. I don’t trust him.” Isabel challenged, “I get it. You are jealous, but you don’t have to worry. It is not I he is after. All three of the Men’s heads popped up at her last statement. Max finally asked. “Who is he after?” Izzy smiled,”you will be happy to know it is not czechoslovokian related. It’s Maria.”

“What!” Michael groaned. Max and Alex couldn’t help, but let relief show on their faces. Mr. Koger was not someone they wanted to compete with. Alex honestly didn’t know his standing with Isabel. They had gone from being friends, to something more, to awkward acquaintances. He was just glad they were finally speaking even if it was in heated debate. Isabel loved Alex, but she could not be with him. She wasn’t afraid he would break her heart. She was terrified she would break his, and the guilt alone would be too much of a burden to bear.

Liz tried to change the subject, “Thanks for saving me back there. My mom will kill me if I get detention this year.” Liz smiled at Max. They both remembered what had gotten them in detention last year. She bit her bottom lip. Max’s smile held all the promises of many more trips to the eraser room. Almost forgetting she was having a conversation with Maria she turned to face her friend, who had obviously been talking for a while.” It was no big deal. Just remember a good friend will bail you out of jail; A best friend will be in the cell next to you.” Liz laughed remembering when Alex and she had been locked up after a particularly <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp ... ld%20party" onmouseover="window.status='wild party'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">wild party</a> at the soap factory. Alex must have been thinking the same thing because he laughed and then got all serious while taking her hand.” You know Liz, they say a bond forms when you do time together.” Liz started cracking up. She even snorted which was so embarrassing, but she did not even care. She was there with all her friends and she just had the feeling that everything was going to be ok. That is until Michael spoke. “ Why exactly do you think Koger wants Maria” At this point Maria looked offended, “You know Michael some people appreciate my outrageous qualities.” ,she then softened” Why do you think that Isabel?” Izzy face grew serious. Wanting to provoke Michael, she leaned over the table toward Maria and started whispering, “After Michael pulled a cave man and pulled you out of the room, Bradley asked if that guy (referring to Michael) was your brother. He looked disappointed. Don’t worry. I let him down gently. He said, he could not understand why a woman with your amount of passion for life would let a boy take her out of a room. ” Michael was seething.” He knows nothing about her amount of Passion!” He then did something completely uncharacteristic. He started singing softly at first, but soon he was on top of the table singing to Maria with the entire school watching. He had a very sexy deep voice that made Maria shiver all over as she listened to him serenade her.

I am not a perfect person,
As many things I wish I didn't do,
But I continue learning,
I never meant to do those things to you,
And so I have to say before I go,
That I just want you to know.

I've found a reason for me,
To change who I used to be,
A reason to start over new,
and the reason is you.

I'm sorry that I hurt you,
It's something I must live with everyday,
And all the pain I put you through,
I wish that I could take it all away,
And be the one who catches all your tears,
Thats why I need you to hear.

I've found a resaon for me,

and the reason is You

I'm not a perfect person,
I never meant to do those things to you,
And so I have to say before I go,
That I just want you to know.

I've found a reason for me,
and the reason is you.

I've found a reason to show,
A side of me you didn't know,
A reason for all that I do,
And the reason is you.

Michael pulled her up on the table and kissed her. Maria smiled but felt a coldness creep her back. She felt like someone was watching her.” Of course, someone is watching you. They’re all watching you” She tried to brush off the bad feeling as her lover held her in his strong arms. Little did she know that her fears were about to be justified
:cry:
Last edited by FaithfulAngel24 on Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

The song in the last part was Hobbastank's The Reason.
Sorry I forgot to credit them.

Part Five

After Michael’s little performance Isabel took him aside for a brief confrontation.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” she screamed.

“What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you? You know people talk. If they tell Maria you dragged me in here it’s gonna be hell for both of us.

Isabel tried to calm down, but did not succeed. “Michael, this isn’t you. YOU don’t climb on top of tables to sing to a woman. That is below you. Remember?” She struggled to understand this new Michael, but the more she tried to piece it all together the more confused she got.

“She’s not just a woman! She’s Maria! I am completely in love with her, and I want everyone to know it!” he yelled back as if telling the whole world.

Isabel clamped her hand over his mouth. “Shhhh! Or they will know we’re in here. Look, I understand you have strong feelings for her, but this is beyond uncharacteristic. YOU don’t do public displays of affection, and the only time I’ve ever heard you sing was at the Crash down while flipping burgers. Something’s off here, and apparently your too much under the influence of it to realize. I suggest you talk to Max about this SOON!”

With that she swung open the door and stomped out.

“That’s the second time that’s happened to me today.” He said to himself.

Later that day —Same Eraser Room

“Michael…” she began. “ You know I was playing right.” She casually searched his face for his reaction. “I would never show Koger or anybody else my Scooby Doo underwear. I mean come on.”

He knew she was trying to reassure him of her love. “Yeah, I know he answered. He kissed her softly, but was surprised when she pulled back.

“O.K how did I end up here again? I mean really I have to go to class sometime today.” She teased.

He met her eyes. “Don’t ask me. You’re the one that led me here. I can’t help it if I am so charming and devilishly handsome that no woman can resist.”

She laughed between kisses. “You’re certainly full of yourself today. Aren’t you?”

Michael tried to hide his satisfied smile. “and in a couple of minutes you will be too.”

It didn’t take Maria long to understand exactly what he meant by that.

Sweeping her into his arms he pressed his lips to the nape of her neck. She purred with pleasure. Michael smiled remembering, watching her dance around in her Scooby Doo panties as she got ready for school this morning. “ Ahhhh!” he murmured. “You are too cute and all trouble,” He evaluated. Maria bit his shoulder softly. He moaned into her ear. “I am so in love with you I cannot think rationally. Not that I was so great at it before.

Maria giggled, “Who is all babbly now?”

Michael looked stunned, “Huh?”

Maria continued, “It’s usually me who is all babbly during closet time.” She snickered and then continued leaving a trail of kisses down his bare chest. Exactly when his shirt came off she couldn’t remember.

Michael couldn’t stop the worry that now entered his mind. “What if Isabel was right? What if something was wrong with them? Had what they done last night changed them forever? Something was happening to them,” he realized. Qualities each person had been rubbing off on one another, and not in the cute normal way. It was as if they had become cemented together. “I’ve got to talk to Max,” Michael thought desperately. Maria grasped him tightly rising up on her tip toes to kiss him. “Well, maybe later.” He surrendered.

Outside the Crash down

Maria was walking home alone again. This was the second time in two days. “This better not become a pattern,” she thought kicking a stone out of her way. “Why Michael picked this time of night to visit Max at the UFO Center is beyond me.” She picked up a stranded can and threw it in nearby garbage. “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For indeed that’s all who ever have. Margaret Mead said that.” Maria said to herself. Then she stopped dead in her tracks. “How did I know that? I’ve never heard that before. This is starting to get freaky.” All day she had remembered thing she had never knew. It was as if it was from someone else’s memory. “But that’s crazy.” She reasoned with herself. “whose memory would I be sharing?”

At that moment Maria felt someone’s arm cloak around her and cover her mouth with a cloth. She struggled, but the drug she was inhaling knocked her out. Two men in <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp ... ss%20suits" onmouseover="window.status='business suits'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">business suits</a> helped the scientist carry the young woman’s body to a parked black van, and put her inside. 8)
Last edited by FaithfulAngel24 on Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Sorry I haven't written in a while. Lots to do not enough time to do it in.

On with the show...

Part Six

Isabel turned to Alex obviously peeved. "Shhhh. I am trying to watch Buffy." She turned her head back to the television and laughed , "I love Cordelia I mean the girl knows how to accessorize." Alex just smiled and gazed at Isabel longingly.

When he noticed she noticed he was staring at her he tried to continue their conversation. " I always liked Xander the best. He is a comical genius. The other characetrs just don't understand the hilarity in his words but I do. "

Isabel grinned and taunted him. "You would." Their laughter was interupted by two arguing aliens walking through the front door. Alex scooted away from Isabel as the two handsome men entered the room. Noticing Alex they put their conversation on hold and turned to see what they were watching.

"Ahhhh! Buffy's on!" Max squealed as he jumped on the couch. All eyes focused on him. Max looked a little sheepish as he explained, " I really like this show. Angel is such a interesting and complex character."

Isabel smirked, " Yeah, I get how you could relate to him. Your both always broody and paranoid when your not off saving the world."

Max tossed a pillow at her and was suprised when she caught it and threw it back. So engrossed in their game they didn't realize Micahel hovering over them. Startling them Michael stated his favorite character.

"I like Spike." He's tough when he needs to be and he dosen't screw around. He knows what he wants and he goes after it. He's a champion a rebel with a cause and that kicks ass."

Everyone was speechless. Michael watches Buffy. Isabel tried to analyze the concept but was completely baffled. Notcing their stunned disposions Micahel countered, "Hey, the show is gold. No where else can you find hot women, funny guys, and violence on television."

"Well actually.." Alex started but was cut off by the pillow that smacked him in the face. Isabel smiled innocently. Alex tackled her as Michael and Max left the room. They still had more to discuss before the night was over.

Maria woke up cold and alone in a dark room that smelt like rotten vegetables. "Ugh" She grunted. She tried to stand but found that her legs were shackled to the wall. A door opened and shut. She could tell there was someone else in the room with her ,but her eyes had not yet adjusted to the insistant darkness. Then she heard him say her name.
"No. It can't be you. Why have you done this to me!"

TBC :lol:
Last edited by FaithfulAngel24 on Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Just a teaser. Sorry I can't add more...

Michael stepped into Max's room. Walking to the desk he picked up the pink notebook. All of a sudden his heart began racing. Finding it hard to breathe he placed his hand on his chest. What is happening to me?
He felt a sharp pain in his left knee. Gasping for breath he tried to find the resource of his extreme agony. Falling to the ground he landed with a thud. Max flew across the room to help him. Placing his hand over what seemed to be the area of the afflicted pain. He tried to heal him. Tried being the key word. Of all the freaky alien powers he possesed none could save Michael from what was happening to him. Michael held his brothers hand a got one final word out before he passed out form the pain. That one word was the sweetest sound ever made. His reason for getting up in the morning. His desire to be a better man. It was all for her.
For his...

"Maria!" :D
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Do you want more?

Thank you for all your encouragement! :D

Part Seven

"Max! What's going on? What's happening to him?" Isabel screamed when she discovered Michael's seemingly lifeless body draped on Max's bed. "I...I don't know. I can't seem to fix his wound. I don't quite know how to explain this. The pain he seemed to be suffering from was not physical. It's something else. Alex took Isabel's hand in his and squeezed reassuringly. "What was he doing with this occured?" Alex questioned helpfully.

The confused Alien King walked over to the desk. Picking up the discarded notebook, he examined its contents."He was looking through this. It's just a Song Lyric book Maria left here yester.... That's it!" He exclaimed. "This has got to have something to do with the freaky alien connection thing Michael was trying to tell me about before Buffy came on!" Max gazed worriedly at his fallen brother. Feelings of regret and guilt flooded his mind. I should be able to help him.

"I know who can save him." He stated. Alex's eyes lit up, "Maria!" Isabel nodded in compliance,"You two go get her; I'll stay with Michael in case he wakes up. I don't want him to be alone." Alex gave her a weak smile and kissed her cheek lightly. Max quickly hugged her. They both rushed out the door. All they needed to do was bring Maria to him. She could fix him.

Meanwhile

Maria's knee was throbbing. "Evil Son of a Bitch!" She shouted. The sinster man just smirked. Holding the metal rod over her right leg threatingly he questioned, "What is the General's Destiny?" She grinned at the man she used to trust. "" Me!" She shouted. The blow came fast and hard. She whimpered and clung to the ground. Not one to give up he inquired again,"Last time, What is the General's Destiny?"

TBC If you'd like it too! :wink:
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Part Seven Continued

Max and Alex rushed into the Deluca residence leaving a baffled and severely annoyed mother trailing their path.

"Boys what is the meaning of this. What are you doing?"

Alex glanced over Maria's very empty bedroom. Max turned to the still vibrent woman and demanded ,"We need Maria. Where is she?"

Examining the broken men in front of her the exubrent woman relented.

"She hasn't got in from work yet, but I am sure she'll be home soon." Glancing at the Native American made clock on the counter she sighed.

"In fact, she should have been home sbout thirty minutes ago. What's going on? Is she in some kind of danger?" She spouted worriedly crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Max and Alex both looked at each other and then back to Hurricane Deluca. She truly deserved her title and they realized some excuse would need to be given or they would never get out alive. Max nodded at Alex as if giving him this one. Alex moistened his suddenly chapped lips and began.

" Maria is not in any danger Ms. Deluca I promise."

Meanwhile somewhere across town

Maria glared at the malicious man before her.

"You do realize that when he finds out what you've done to me He's gonna kill you!"

The cocky villian just smirked running his fingertip along her bruised jawline.

" You speak as though he is going to find you and rescue you, but he won't. Michael is a solider. He does as he is told. Well, he did a lifetime ago, but now he's a little bit harder to control. Nevertheless, once he realizes you are gone for good he will accept his destiny and move forward with the princess as it was meant to be."

Spitting in his face Maria shouted, " Oh Please! Not this Destiny crap again. That was sooo three months ago. Michael and I have gotten passed that and we are together now. For good this time. We have shared something that your pathetic excuse for a self can't even comprehend. We have excahnged something between us that was magical. We have created..."

"A child" He stated eyeing Maria's stomach carefully.

She gasped, "Uh. No That's not what I meant."

He shook his head insistantly, "You are carrying the General's offspring in your womb. It is my job to make sure he never knows of it's existance."

Maria unknowingly placed her hand securly over her abdominal protecting something she didn't realize existed three minutes ago.

"How do you know this" She stammered never breaking eye contact with the enemy before her.

TBC If you'd like! :D

Feedback is appreciated. The more responces the quicker the update!