Freak Nation (DA,XO,UC,MATURE) p 12, 06/28/07[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Hotaru
Enthusiastic Roswellian

New part

Post by Hotaru »

Ok, guys, here I go again :] Another part, well, loooong part. One of this "Can I kill Alec or not?" :lol: And I promise, some things change soon...

Hugs for lyra, she always does her job very fast :]

72 hours. How much can change in that time? Sometimes a lot, sometimes nothing. Sometimes 72 hours are just like any other 72 hours. And I feel like that right now. My life has swung and turned over in three days... and it took me another three days to stop my headache. Useless.

Till saturday night everyone is walking around me on tiptoes. Really. Nancy and Jeff treat me like I will be blown by the lightest wind of bad mood. If we talk it's just about simple, daily things. They're avoiding every other subject. And they're not mentioning last saturday at all. Moreover, when they think I'm not looking, they exchange those worried glances. It seems that there’s a lot more to tell, but they're affraid of it.

My mood doesn't help them. Like never before, I was a total rainbow of humour, fury etc... I’ve said everything that would have never come from my mouth – harmful words, painful. And they took it all with silence. I try to provoke a real argument, but it’s useless. I want to clean the atmosphere, but I just make it worse. I can't push them so far. Even if one of them seems to crack, the other is right beside and together they are too strong for me to break them. It's becoming frustrating.

72 hours of noise in my head made me an outsider. I'm not going to school which, thank God, keeps the Czechoslovakians far away from me. Maria, Alex and Kyle also keep away from me and don't ask about a thing. I know that Maria is dying from curiosity about who Alec is and why he's living with us, but right now it's not my biggest problem. Well, even catching my attackers doesn't mean anything to me. Although it’s been a few days since my night with Kyle, I still don't want to face Max. Moreover, Alec is always right behind me and the whole Roswell probably thinks we're a couple. We laugh sometimes that gossip doesn't need much information to develop, but he's too good at manipulating other people’s opinion. Max G. cares about my safety, so she can handle every story, even if it makes me girlfriend of 494, as long as he's protecting me 24 hours a day. And he does.

It's even nice to have so much attention from someone. Of course not in romantic way, but still. Everybody cares about me like I'm priceless. Before... before I felt Max's gaze on me, full of love and care. It made me feel beautiful, loved, wanted, even if we weren't together at that time. I saw his soul, hi heart. Sure it hurts when the love of your life is walking away. But when the story about Manticore came up, something else caught my attention. Thinking about what else the Parkers could tell me about keeps my thoughts away from missing Max. I try not to think about it. I push it aside. I know that pain won't go away, but I try to ignore it. The story of my origin makes me crazy.

So many questions, so few answers. And when I see another change of looks between Jeff and Nancy I feel like the earth is moving. Nothing is for sure... well, maybe something is. Through all that chaos, also called my life, there is a sure thing. Jeff. Nothing changed between us, despite this whole Big Lie. I was sure it would be different. But no, he still treats me like his little girl. He seems to be even more protective.

Maybe I'm paranoid, or in psychotic shock, but I swear that Jeff took Alec for a serious, man talk. Why do I think so? It's easy. Since that evening my dad doesn't look like he just wants to kill Alec for voice his joke.

So Alec's attention is all on me or on my safety. Dad tries to not show that my origin changes something. I really admire him for his stubborness and tolerancy. Most of the people wouldn't take well the fact that their daughter is a genetic experiment. Well, my dad is special. Not like anybody else.

I giggle. I'm not like anybody else either. What an irony!

"What's so funny?" Jeff takes all the orders and takes them to the kitchen. Because offically I'm still in a bad condition – the headache is a great excuse – I'm not in school, and even not at work. I sit at the Crashdown behind the counter. I put glasses on the tray, because Agnes can’t even come close to them. It's better if someone else is carrying them.

Alec takes the glasses. Because he spends most of his time with me, he helps in the restaurant. We can't argue 24 hours a day, right? Plus, he's fast, good with his hands and most girls come here because of him. But unfortunately, for them, he's not taking orders. He said no to the silver apron and antenas, although I tried to convince him...

"Nothing. I just realised that I always thought I'm normal, a corny girl with boring life. And how wrong was I... well it took me a few moments to understand that. I still can't believe that I didn't have any clue."

"Maybe one december week helped you with that?" Alec's voice is low and it makes me shiver. But I would prefer to die or to be caught by White than to show him how he makes me feel.

White? Yes, yes, I already know how the man that hunts us is called.

"Jelous?" I ask. Alec shakes his head.

"I’ve seen Max in that state too many times before. I wouldn't want to act like her."

"You sure?" I laugh.

Alec leaves with another tray with glasses and then comes back, with an answer. "Having an attack every few weeks? It can be interesting, really..." he murmurs. And suddenly I don't want him to continue. His erotic life isn't a subject I would like to talk about, especialy with my dad near. Plus, my parents don't know about my two “heats”.

I take Alec by the hand and drag him out.

"Flinching?" he challenges me. I shake my head. This man is making it really hard to... oh, forget it. I have no choice. I know that there are other two X5 in town – Biggs and Cece, but I haven't met them. Not yet. It's Alec who is best with his hands, right?

I sigh.

"Think what you want, just don't say it aloud when my dad's near. He just threatened Max with a shotgun!"

"He's not your father." Alec chuckles "And that's the problem. He's attached to you more than he would be to his own children, if he had them. His guardianship is worse than Nancy's distrust towards Max."

"I know. But that's not the point. Stop all those comments when he's near. I wouldn't like to explain to Max and Logan, why my parents suddenly changed their mind."

"Are you threathening me?"

"No," I say. "I'm just telling you that my parents still think they can decide about my life. And dad doesn't like our comments, that's for sure."

"That's the problem," Alec mutters "You can take everything, every news about your origin, but when it comes to your little family or someone you love, you change into a harpy. You're overprotective."

"Is that wrong?" I sit on the stairs.

"No. As long as it doesn't affect your logic and safety. Apparently the fact that you're not Jeff's daughter is more important to you than the fact of your genetically empowered immunity to the virus, which kills Logan. Ok, I can understand that. You lived for seventeen years not knowing who you are. But you won't survive another seventeen years, if you don't learn to forget about some things. People in Roswell gossip. Who cares? Not me. And you shouldn't care either, unless it's dangerous for your safety or the Parker's safety. Got it?"

Why do I feel like a little kid? I close my eyes and count to ten. It's not helping. I still feel like an amateour, who doesn't know anything about life. How the hell did Alec learn how to manipulate others? One word, one sentence from him makes me feel small or sends all my worries away.

"Got it," I say. "I know I have a lot to learn, but I can't change in one week. Knowledge about something doesn't make my feelings change, Alec." It's not his fault that I didn't know all those things. Besides, maybe I should have already learnt something after a year of hiding the aliens’ secret. People could always read my face and I had difficulties with lying. It was my mistake.

Alec looks at me one more time.

"I'll be in the diner, if you need me."

He closes the door behind him. I move my knees near my face. I sit like that for a moment, until I hear something. It's like a clearing throat. I look up and see Kyle, glancing at me.

"Hey, Budda boy." I smile. Three days. It's our record of not talking to each other. Not bad. I feel warmth when I realise it was Kyle who broke the silence. He always was a great guy – I knew about it when we were together but I only realised that after the whole destiny thing. Plus, he is really a great friend, he helped me.

"Hey, Liz," he says. I smile at him. True smile. But it doesn't make him feel more comfortable. "Am I disturbing you?"

"Of course not! It's nice that somebody is finally interested in what the First Dame Of Roswellian Gossip does."

Kyle makes a face.

"Yeah, I heard that Pam is using her tongue. I'm not her favourite subject now, you and that mysterious Alec are."

"It's hard not to notice. So... how you're doing?"

He shrugs and sits beside me. Finally he understood I don't want to move.

"Nothing new. Max is not talking to me and doesn't look at me. School is booming about your mysterious guest and your absence. Maria and Michael made up, especially since Courtney admitted she's a Skin..."

"What?" I ask disbelieving. Kyle looks at me shocked.

"Nobody has told you?!?"

"No," I say slowly, "Maria hasn't spoke to me since I called off our shopping last Saturday. Isabel is an ice princess, and Michael saw enough to not talk to me. Alex is occupied with his trip to Sweden. We talked on the phone, but it was just a simple chat."

"Courtney is a Skin. Apparently there are some some fans of Czechoslovakians. But anyway, I didn't come here to talk about her. How are you feeling? My dad told me an hour ago. Amy is keeping his mind somewhere else, I guess," he giggles.

"Hey, my second name is like your future step-mother."

"Women..." he sighs.

For a moment we sit in silence, until I decide to ask him first.

"How much of my talk with Alec have you heard?"

He freezes.

"Enough to be completely shocked."

He moves uncomfortably on the stairs. I know it's not the best place to sit, but it's perfect for thinking.

"Since when...? When did you find out?"

"Last week." I shrug, but I sense the pain in my voice "They told me, they didn't have a choice."

Kyle thinks about what to say and what to keep to himself. He probably has a lot of questions.

"And your mom...?"

"You see any similarity?"

Kyle blushes and I know I was too sharp. Nothing better than to take it all on my only friend, who holds his hand to support me. You're a genius, Liz.

"She carried me, if that's what you’re asking. She met Jeff in her third month of pregnancy. You know, he never asked who was the man that left mom pregnant?" I say. Yes. Since I can't take it all on him, maybe I will tell him about my other feelings. There's enough of them. "You imagine that? He didn't ask, cause she didn't want that kind of questions and he respected that. He married her four months later and brought her here to Roswell. Then I was born and he treated me like his own child. He's even more overprotective right now, when I know the truth. The world turned upside down!"

Kyle sighs dramatically.

"I would like to find some wise words of Budda right now, but I guess I don't have any good quote. But I can lend you my copy of Budda for Beginners."

"No way!" I stab him in ribs and we laugh. For the next few minutes I tell him a modified story. It's scary, how fast the lies come from my mouth. Alec is right. It comes too easy. So I tell Kyle that my family found me, because I could be a donor for a sick cousin. Valenti laughs, when I deny being related with Alec.

"You know, it's good you put Evans away. The way Alec is looking at you tells me that you won't be friends for long. Plus, he's not Czechoslovakian. So you won't be living in an antigovernment swamp."

I smile wickedly. If he only knew...
God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.

Etic | Deja vu
Hotaru
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Hotaru »

And I'm glad to back to this story. This part is one of my favourites beacause... well, because "Little One" :lol: I needed some fluff.... You must read. Image

And I'm recommending that you go back and reread the last few parts... 1 year without x-treme goodness... I know, I know... If you liked 'Little One' leave nice feedback...!Image

Kyle stays for dinner. The atmosphere is almost nice. We’re joking and laughing. For the first time this week I feel I can breathe, that nothing suffocates me from the inside. Kyle treats me in the same way, like always. As if the Thursday/Friday night or our earlier talk on the stairs didn’t mean anything. Oh, I love Kyle for this. He makes my life return to the right track. Once again, for a while, I feel that I can control it.

And then there is Alec. I don’t know if it is because of my earlier remarks or maybe just the other guy’s presence, but suddenly he has adapted. Till this evening I hadn’t even realize what kind of tension Alec’s presence was causing. Always on guard, ready for some comments, suggestions, surprising touches and closeness. How many times I had to fight this nervous reaction when he was around and touched me? Forced closeness is awkward for me. Alec is a fine specimen of a man. My body instinctively reacts to him. I don’t want that. Not because he’s my temporary guard. Oh, no. I just suspect that it is connected with being rejected by Max. Some part of me wants to prove to him that I can have anybody. The same part also desires attention, affection and care. Dangerous, lethal mixture. The way Alec treats me doesn’t help at all.

Alec. I look at him across the table when he reaches for the bread basket. He does this in such a natural and casual way. His every movement is reduced to the minimum, as if he was taught to save his strength during rest. Maybe he was. I don’t know. When I ask him about his ‘home’ he gives me some witty remarks. He can tell everything about mutants, their abilities and hash a great knowledge of genetics. But when he is asked a personal question about his childhood, he is silent as a grave. Not that I’m curious or something. Suffice it to say that what I did hear from him makes Pierce an angel with little horns. The stories about methods used by Psy-ops scare even Nancy, who is accustomed to this topic.

Not all his stories make me shiver... Sometimes Alec talks about his solo missions. Excluding blood, assassinations and other elements, his tales are colourful and dynamic.

Somehow I pick up pieces of information about explosives, different types of weapon or different ways to break organized criminal groups. But who cares? Not me. If Alec or Max want me to know those things, it’s their problem. I don’t want to live like they do.

Kyle’s enthusiastic voice pulls me out of my thoughts. Yes. A big baby. There are reruns of the last Dragon Ball series. For me there is too much bang-bang, silly hair- styles and chauvinistic scenes. Everything that men love.

I lift my eyes to the ceiling, when Alec joins Kyle. From his look I think that he has never watched this thing, so I’ll pass on my comment about narrow-mindedness and lack of oxygen to his brain. Sometimes I have this feeling that blood running through his veins comes from one place only ... He then becomes so unbearable.

I say goodnight and go to my room. I close the door with relief and hit the bed. A moment of rest. Blue Lady is my witness, that I deserve it.

~ * ~* ~ * ~

When I open my eyes in the morning I feel as if I hadn’t slept at all. My body is stiff, all my muscles are sore. Dammit.

"Apparently stress has a bad influence on your health..." I murmur as I stand up. I stretch carefully.

And I hear music.

I dress quickly and leave the room. My parents are already downstairs opening the restaurant, so it has to be Alec. I had no idea that he could play on the piano so well. I didn’t know that he could play at all!

On my way to the living room I pass a tall silhouette. I murmur "Hi”. I’ve just met Biggs or CeCe. I don’t know. I have no strength to open my eyes wider. I must look like a Chinese.

I reach the living room. I sit on the couch, next to the dark haired boy. I murmur again, but this time I add the name.

"Hi, Biggs!"

"Hi... Liz!" the man has a nice and masculine voice. I decide that I like it. Then I finally open my eyes and look at him. He is also looking at me with curiosity and amusement. It’s a nice change after the series of murderous glances given by Max.

"What’s going on?" I muffle a yawn. It’s not very elegant, but frankly I don’t care. I’m sleepy, tired and confused. I bend my head and lay it on my knees. I wish this day was over. But it’s impossible. Today is the Day. Dr Sam will start his tests, examination and whatever he’ll think of. I try to stop the nervous growl of my empty stomach. Unfortunately, I have to be on an empty stomach. Coffee ad other stimulants are strictly forbidden. Today and tomorrow, because the tests will last two days.

"You don’t look too well!" Alec says with compassion but it only makes me more irritated.

"You say that as if you have never seen a girl without makeup and other beauty tricks!" I growl, yawning for the second time. I wish for about a long, hot bath. "You’d better close your golden lips, or else you won’t be able to notice the opposite sex anymore.”

Biggs chuckles. He has a nice laugh.

"I like you already, little one."

"I’m not small!" I protest and I know already that I have become Alec’s entertainment for the morning. Dammit ... my brain is still asleep so I can’t think clearly.

"Yes, you are." Alec rolls the words on his tongue, as I look at him dangerously. I look at his hand that still touches the piano. This man is full of surprises. "The youngest X5 are akin to your age. And you are smaller than Max."

"Are those two characteristic assets?" the blond enters the room holding Tyree cups of hot coffee. The tempting smell teases my nose. I grimace. Everything annoys me more than usually.

"Do you want to know what is the third one?" asks CeCe. They laugh in return as she looks at me. What the hell is going on?

"We have this custom ... in Manticore all we had was a number. Like a thing. When we were outside it didn’t work so we started to give each other names. Contrary to the numbers, names reflect who we are and what are we like” explains Cece, looking at me suspiciously. Finally she smiles.

Hm, now I know the origins of his name, Alec. I wonder what were other choices. Dick?

"You were right, Alec. Little one sounds perfect."

I try not to show how much it had affected me. I was named Elizabeth Amy by a person who helped in Nancy’s runway from Manticore, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t like my name. I do. It makes me feel normal. And I don’t have to change it to stay safe. I don’t want a second name. Especially not from a person who is a walking mating season.

"Was there a second choice?" I ask.

Alec wrinkles his brows, but answers politely.

"Small Lady. Biggs came up with this as you’re the smallest of the youngest group of X5. Especially when you can count humanlike mutants on one hand’s fingers."

"Nice. It sounds much better."

"Little One doesn’t like the name?" the blonde mocks me openly. I would give up all my teeth to the Blue Lady just to see him get hit by lightning.

What a pity, that lightnings don’t happen in flats and don’t hit people, they are also rare in this part of the country so even the Blue Lady can’t help me this time.

"I don’t like it, because you gave it to me!" I lift my chin. To hell with safety … he overdid it. Alec spurts from the chair and throws me on his shoulder. I tussle and scream, but he’s strong like an... X5.

"What are you doing?!?"

"You have to come to your senses and wake up already..."

"Really?" I say coldly. Perennial discovery.

"... because you were strictly told to listen to my orders."

"It’s not me who has to stop dreaming!" I growl, noticing other X5’s glances and I realize where Alec is taking me. To my bathroom.

"What are you doing?!"

"Caffeine isn’t an option ... but a cold shower certainly is."

Dammit. I can almost hear the smirk that is surely plastered on his face in is voice.

"If you think that I’ll take a shower with you …" I’m so angry that I can’t think of appropriate words.

"Not in the same room, but together." His voice is sweet as honey. My jaw hits the floor. Literally.

Alec puts me down gently in the shower. I want to run, but he doesn’t let me. There is this dangerous light in his green eyes. Should I be afraid?

Suddenly I feel a rain of sharp needles on my skin and I start screaming. He turned on the cold water! He wasn’t joking. After a few seconds I’m wet and cold. So is he, but cold has no effect on him. I squint my eyes as a shiver, that has nothing to do with the cold water, runs through my body.

"Will you be nice?"he asks as if I was a child. But his voice also indicates that if I listen I will be rewarded … I shiver.

"I’m always nice!" I hiss. The kitty in me hates Alec, especially now when Biggs and CeCe are standing in the door observing with puzzled faces. Cece looks amused, Biggs is puzzled but also a little bit afraid. Thank you, Blue Lady, for this soul mate. But still I must surrender.

Alec had to see it in my eyes, because he smirks and turns off the water. Despite that he still holds me tightly with his warm hands. All my neurons focus on those two spots, where his warmth penetrates through my skin.

I hate the way he makes me feel. Dammit!

"I believe you, Little One..." He speaks softy, letting me go. I almost regret that he does so. He takes a towel from the shelf and starts drying my hair, smiling innocently.

"When this thing with the virus ends, I’ll kick your ass." I murmur with a trembling voice, as the door closes behind him. But no, 494 has enhanced hearing and he has to hear everything.

"You’d have to learn how to .... fight!" he laughs from behind the door.

"It can’t be that hard since such an idiot managed to learn it!"

A low chuckle is my answer. I swear, all I want and dream about right now is to see Alec crawling down my feet, begging for forgiveness.
God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.

Etic | Deja vu