The Crush (AU,M/L,ADULT) Ch 5 - 02/24/04 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The Crush (AU,M/L,ADULT) Ch 5 - 02/24/04 [WIP]

Post by Julia_Behr »

This story is challenge #1 taken from LoveIsForever. Heres the link:

viewtopic.php?t=2676

Title: The Crush

Rating: ADULT

Couple: M/L

Summary: Go to link above. Everythings there.

Disclaimer: Characters are not mine, the idea isn't either. But the story itself is mine. :wink:

----

The Crush

Prologue

She stared out into the crowd of kids. Some she knew from kindergarden, others she'd never seen before. Her small light brown eyes caught sight of dark brown hair.They made their way down to his face. His amber eyes grabbed hold of her, not wanting to let go. She felt a new feeling of warmth overcome her. It confused her, but at the same time she welcomed the feeling. Wanting to grab it and store it in a special box to make sure it never went away...

--------------------------------------------------

says she can find
the things that make up a life
I bet she will
she stays behind, I could stay here all night

until theres nothing at all
no theres nothing at all
well theres nothing at all

to make her change her mind....

------------------------------------------------
Max
11:24am

I'm so alone. I need somebody to kiss and hold till all of my secrets go away. Sometimes I wish I was different. I wouldn't be scared of being close to somebody. Loving them.

I search the cafeteria for my friends. They always make me feel better. Not that I'm depressed or anything, I'm just so alone. I need to talk to them. Forget that I can never have anybody. Never be able to love anyone. I sit next to my best friend Alex. He knows about my secret. I feel normal around him.

"You look hungry" he points out, taking a huge bite out of his chicken sandwich.

"I'm fine"

"No, your not, here" he holds out a piece of the sandwich.

"Yes, I am" I push his hand away and reach for my headphones. He puts the piece of sandwich on a napkin in front of me. I give in and eat it.

"Whats up?" he looks at me concerned, I don't reply.

"Max, could you at least act happy for once?"

"No" I turn the volume up on the CD player. Why can't he just leave it alone?

I see Maria coming from the corner of my eye.

"Hey Max"
She wraps her arms around me and looks me in the eye. I smile back at her then turn away.
I look out the window at the group of girls running inside from the rain. My eyes land on a small dark haired girl. Liz. She pushes her wet hair away from her face, then walks toward our table. I watch as she pulls off her sweater. Her tan stomach peeking out from under her shirt. Her hips sway as she walks.

Jesus.

-------------------------
TBC. Do you guys like it? I wish for lots of feedback so I can keep writing! Thanks for reading.

~Julia
Last edited by Julia_Behr on Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
<b>[Max drops Bunny off at her place]</b>

<b>Bunny:</b> I, uh... Don't suppose you wanna... Come up. You know.
<b>Max:</b> Uh...Thanks, but...
<b>Bunny:</b> Eh! It was worth a shot.

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

Chapter 1

God, what the hell was in that sandwich?

I pulled off my headphones.
"Hey guys" she sat across from me and put her hand on mine.I try not to look her in the eye, I really do, but I can't resist. I get lost in them.

"Max?" she smiled. "Whats wrong?"

I scold myself for not getting enough sleep.

"Nothing" I reply, nervous.

"So Max" Maria's voice cut into my thoughts. I turned my eyes away from Liz. Alex grinned at me, as if hiding a secret.

"What are you doing this weekend?"

I thought a moment before answering.
"Staying home"

Liz looked over to her and smiled.

"Why don't you come with me and Liz to the fair in Santa Fe?"

Fair? With Liz? My mind searched for an answer.

"Sure" I replied without thinking.
Liz's smile grew wider.

"Thats great!"

Liz stood up quickly. She leaned in and kissed me on the cheek.

I got a sudden chill down my spine and jerked up. My lips met hers. I tried to pull away but she put her hand on my arm, sending more waves through me. All I could feel was the warmth from her lips, holding me, pulling me toward her. My hand moved unconsiously to her cheek, then her hair. She pulled back, breathing heavily, staring into my eyes. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Maria looked up at me, her eyes wide with surprise. I had to move, get away from Liz. I couldn't let myself get attatched to her. I grabbed my books and ran out of the cafeteria.

------------
Liz

"Max, wait!" he turned to me, avoiding my eyes.

"Sorry" I took a step closer to him.

"Its my fault, don't apologize" he started to turn away.

"No, really Max, I shouldn't have kissed you"

"You shouldn't?"

"I mean, I wanted to, and it wasn't bad at all, really, but aren't we just friends?"

"Do you want to be?" he leaned closer, making my arm hair stand on end.

"Uh, yeah, yes" I lied. I noticed him frown slightly.

"I have to go"
I nodded and watched him walk to his class.

------------

Liz
9:43pm

I stared into the mirror at my reflection. My body still buzzed from Max's touch. I could still smell the scent of sweet vanilla on my clothes. I rubbed my arm to calm myself down.

An idea struck my mind.

I opened the door of my room and heard the soft hum of my parents snoring. Then closed and locked it.

I grabbed a flashlight, and my jacket, and headed to the window, and down the fire escape, making sure to be quiet, then jogged my way to the bus stop.

TBC
----------------
thanks for the awesome feedback everyone! It makes me write faster. I'm updating my other fic Fallen Amber so I'll have Chapter 2 out tomorrow. Thanks again! Hope you like this chapter.

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

ok, heres Part 1 of the next chapter!

Chapter 2 Part 1

----

Liz
10:46pm

I got off the bus and waited for it to go around a corner, and down the street, then snuck through a small hole in the fence. I waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness, then crouched down in front of the back door entrance. My hair pin was small enough to fit in the keyhole, so I tried it. I heard something click in the doorknob, and opened it. I clicked on the flashlight.

The school was really creepy at night, especially since I was alone. Fear brought goosebumps to my arms. I ignored it, and walked into the science lab. I shone the flashlight on the desks and, out of curiosity, walked over to Max's. There was a strange V symbol near the corner of the desk, sketched in. I walked over to the teacher's desk and carried a piece of paper and pencil back to the sketch, then traced it. I stuck the drawing in my jeans pocket.

I sudden light in the hallway made me jump, I hit my head on the corner of the desk. Hard.

"Ow, holly fuck-"

Thinking quickly, I clicked off the flashlight and huddled under the teachers desk.

"Hey John, lets check this room, I think I saw something"

The two men stepped into the room, the late-night security. They flicked on the lights and the room lit up, making my eyes hurt. I rubbed my head and felt blood.
My heart pounded loudly in my chest, I was afraid they would hear it.

One of the men walked closely to the desk. I shut my eyes.

"All clear" one of the men announced.
They turned the lights back off and walked back to the hallway.

I let out a breath.

I climbed back out from under the desk and searched the drawers. I saw a folder labeled 'Seating Charts' and opened it. I scanned it for Max's name. He was listed to sit next to a girl named Jaime. I erased her name and added mine, then set the chart back in the drawer.

I took one last look at the classroom then snuck back out into the hall. It seemed to be clear, so I walked back to the door and ran out, back through the hole in the fence, and out into the street.

For some reason, I felt like I needed to keep running, like there was someone following me. But my pace slowed, and I walked down the street, looking behind me every now and then to make sure no one really was following me.

I pulled out the drawing of the wierd V and looked at it. What did it have to do with Max? Maybe he just felt bored and drew it into the desk. But it was so oddly shaped, as if it meant something. I rubbed my thumb over it, and to my surprise, it started to glow silver.

TBC

-------------

Ya like it? I'm writing Part 2 now, I'll post it soon.

Feedback makes me write faster :D Thanks for reading!

--------------

~Julia

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

Chapter 2 Part 2

----------

Max
10:50pm

I was jolted awake by a strange feeling. Something was wrong. I looked down at my hands, they were glowing silver.

"What the hell?"

Something was pulling at me, telling me to move. I quickly got out of bed and pulled on my pants, and jacket. Then sneaked out of my room.

I passed Isabel's room, but walked back. Had she found her hands glowing too? I opened her door slowly, but took a step back when it was pulled open.

"Max" she held out her hands, they were glowing. She was already dressed.

"Lets go" she nodded and closed the door to her room.

She followed close behind me. I took the keys to my jeep and we got into the car.

"Max, where are we going?" she looked at me, worried.

"I don't know"

"What about Michael?"

"He's probably there already"

I pulled up in front of the school. Why had it - whatever it was - led me here?

Isabel sighed.
"What is it Max?"

"Its here"

"What is?"

We both jumped when we heard a loud scream from down the street. It couldn't be, I would know that scream from anywhere. My heart started to pound.

Liz.

--------
Liz
11:02pm

I stared at the paper as it glowed. I once again got a strange feeling of someone watching me. I spun around and came face to face with Michael. I screamed.
He covered my mouth.

"Its only me, shh"

He let go of me hesitantly.

"Wha, what are you doing here?" I managed to choke out. My throat hurting from screaming so loud. I took a step back. Was he following me?

"I should be asking you the same question" he saw the paper folded up in my hand.

"Whats that" he pointed at my hand.

"Nothing" I stuck it in my pocket. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I was just, uh, walking"

"By the school?"

"Thats none of your business, what are you doing here?"

"I saw something sneak through that hole in the fence, I couldn't sleep, so I came to check it out" he lied. He shoved his hands in his pockets hoping they wouldn't start glowing in front of her.

I heard the sound of people running towards us. I turned to see Max and Isabel walking to us. Could this night get any weirder?

They looked just as confused as I was.

"Liz, are you okay? I heard a scream"

"I'm fine, I just found Michael"

"Okay, what the hell is going on here" Isabel's arms were flying freely at her side now.

I pulled out the drawing, and looked at it. It had to have something to do with this.

"Oh crap thats the-" Michael looked at me wide eyed. I stepped closer to Max.

"Where did you get this?" he grabbed my shoulders and squeezed them. Pain shot through my arms and to my head. Max pulled him off of me and stood in front of me, guarding me from him. My vision blurred, my head was throbbing with pain.

"God my head hurts" I started to fall back but Isabel caught me. She felt my head, and found blood on her hands.

"Geez Michael what did you do to her?"

"Nothing, I just-"

I looked down at his hands, my head must've been really messed up because I saw his hands start to glow. After that, I passed out.

--------------------

Hope you liked it! Chapter 3 won't be up until the weekend. Thanks for reading!

~Julia

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

Chapter 3

-------

Liz

I opened my eyes to the sunlight. Light blue drapes hung over the windows, the scent of lavender filled the air.

The events of the night before flooded back. I touched my head, instead of dried blood, I felt a cotton patch.

Who's room was I in? Certainly not mine, this room was colorful and well organized. I pulled the seets off of me and wabbled to the door. I opened it a creak and peered out into the hallway then heard the sound of a television on the other end of the house. Being as quiet as possible, I walked slowly to the sound, but stopped when I heard shuffling of feet from behind me.

I turned around and faced Max. He was shirtless and wearing long baggy pj's. He smiled, brushing his hair back with his hands.

"Hi" I whispered, my voice low and shaky.

"Morning, your head okay?" he stepped closer and shoved his hands in his pockets.

I nodded, lowering my eyes away from him, it was the best I could do to hold myself back from jumping up and kissing him.

"Hey you two" Isabel walked over and stood next to me.
"Anyone want breakfast?"

I followed her as she walked to the kitchen. I had never been in the Evans's house but it sure was nice. Everything was clean, the rug even looked like it hadn't been walked on.

"My moms sort of a neat freak" Max whispered in my ear, as if reading my mind.

"Where are your parents?"
I sat down next to Max on the dining table.

"Their gone for the winter, their over in California"

Isabel paused before turning to me.

"Do you remember about last night?"

"Yeah, but its kinda blurry"

"You fainted, we took you home but we couldn't get into the house" she drank her coffee.

"We called your parents, and told them you were sleeping over at Maria's"

Something clicked in my head, and I remembered Michael's glowing hands.

"Did you see Michael's hands glowing last night?" I asked suddenly. Max turned to look at Isabel.

"N-, no" she stammered, looking away. "It was probably your head, you had a deep cut" she took another sip of her coffee.

I waited a few seconds before getting up.
"Well, I have to get home, my parents are probably getting worried"

Max stood up."I'll take you"

---

Max

I kept my eyes trained on the road, Liz was silent next to me.

I wondered what she was thinking. Did she really believe what Isabel had told her?I thought about what it would be like if she knew about us, maybe things between us would be different.

I looked at the two small patches holding the cut on her head closed, and wondered how the cut got there, and if Michael had done it. How had all of us gotten there that night? I remembered the piece of paper in Liz's hand the night before, and what was written on it. She must've somehow summoned all three of us by touching the paper with my sign on it.

I parked in her driveway.

"Thanks Max" she leaned closer to kiss my cheek, but my hands sprang out to her shoulders, holding her back.

"Bye Liz"
she frowned, and stepped out of the car to her door.

----

I hope you liked it! I want to thank everyone for the awesome feedback! Thanks for reading!

~Julia

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

CHAPTER 4

"So he just pushed you away?" Maria shrieked.

"Yeah, but its no big deal Maria" Liz frowned and continued wiping down the tables.

"Hey ladies, you busy?" Alex walked through the crashdown doors. He looked at Liz and walked over to her.
"Whats wrong?"

"Max is whats wrong" Maria replied, leaning on the counter.

"Whats wrong with Max?" Isabel asked, standing by the door. Max and Michael behind her. Maria went to the back and Michael followed her.

Alex took one look at Max and Liz and decided to leave.
"Isabel" he grabbed her hand and leaded her outside, leaving Max and Liz alone.

"Liz-" Max got closer to her.

"Max, don't. I can't keep playing this game of chase with you. Are we just friends?"
she leaned towards the counter.

"Liz, just, please. Listen to me" he pushed her hair away from her face.
"I want to be more than friends, really"

She leaned up and pressed her lips against his, he wraped his arms around her.

"Max?" she asked, pulling away from him. "Can you, help me tonight with the lab work?"

He looked down at her and raised an eyebrow. "Sure"

------------

"I don't understand any of this" she tapped the pencil on the book.

"I'm not much help either" he looked up at her."how are we going to get this done?"

"Well, we don't have to" she gave him a sly smile.

"Well what do you suggest we do?" he said, returning the smile.

She moved to his lap and kissed him.

"Liz" he whispered.

"Stay with me tonight" she ran her hand through his hair.

"Liz, I can't, my parents-"

"Please? Max?" she looked at him and frowned.

He smiled, then got up and locked her room door.

-------

I hope you liked it! Thanks for the feedback!

~Julia

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

New Part!! Sorry for the hold up :( I've been working on my RPG's lately so I didn't have time to update all of my stories at once. Sorry!! I hope you like this part! :)

[CHAPTER 5]

Maria

I looked over at Max. He was looking out the window of the crashdown, distracted.

"Max?" I said, bringing him back to Earth. I sat down across from him.

"Are you gonna order anything?" he shook his head.

"Its about Liz- right?" he nodded, and I turned to get up. I figured he just wanted to be alone. But he reached out and grabbed my arm gently. I sat back down.

"Whats wrong?" he waited a moment before answering.

"Have you ever done something- that your not sure was the right thing to do?" he looked at me carefully. Geez, this was serious.

"You did something- with Liz?" he nodded again.

"Well" I started, "I've done a lot of things that I've had second thoughts about. But I guess it all depends- because some of those things are good for you... They make you stronger"

He looked away thoughtfully.

"I sort of- stayed.... with Liz..... last night..."

I searched his face. He seemed pretty...dissappointed. But was it because of something Liz had done? She had failed to mention that anything had happened with Max last night- let alone with Max.

"Do you regret it?" I asked.
He looked up at me again.

"No- no. Its nothing like that" he replied.

"Then what is it?" he looked at a couple in the booth next to us.

"Its ....complicated"

"Well, Max. If something is wrong, I think you should talk to Liz about it. Because it really isn't any of my business. But, if you still need to talk, I'll be here if you need me. Just- talk to Liz first. I don't want her to get mad at me for something I said to you"

He nodded and smiled. I got up to serve a family that walked into the crashdown. I saw Max get up, then look back at me.

"Maria?" I looked up at him when he said my name. "Thanks" Then he walked out to his jeep.

---------------
Max

"Liz!" I yelled over to her from across the cafeteria. She turned my way, and looked for who had called her name. When her eyes fell on me, her face instantly lit up.

"Max!" she called back, and threw herself into my arms.

"Where have you been? I've looked everywhere for-"

"Liz,- we have to talk" I said slowly, leading her out of the cafeteria and to the parking lot. She stiffened under my arm.

"About- what?"

"I need to tell you something" My heart started to pound. What would she do when I told her that I was an alien? Run away? Faint? Tell the whole school? Dump me? I straightened my shoulders, I would've had to tell her sometime...... I decided that time was now. I didn't want to keep this secret from her anymore. I took a deep breath.

"Liz-"

"Max! Oh, hey Liz" Isabel came running over to us, her blond hair now wavy and brown.

"What is it Max?" Liz asked, I could sence the annoyance in her voice. I felt the exact same way right about now.

"We can talk about it later okay?" I kissed her and started walking with Isabel to the jeep.

"What was that all about? Are you and Liz going out? 'Cause if you are-"

"If I am what? Do you really care about who I go out with? Because I haven't told her about us yet, if thats what your worried about" I replied, immediately regretting my tone of voice. I waited for her to stomp off, or say something back. But she just stood there.

"You can't" she said, looking down.

"I can't what?"

"You can't tell her- about us" I looked her in the eyes.

"Iz, I like her- in fact I'm pretty sure that I'm in love with her. But she needs to know the truth. I don't want to keep it from her any longer"

"You love her?! Max!-" she took a deep breath, then looked at me again. It was amazing how she could be so upset one second, and the next be so cool, and calm.

"Okay" she said simply.

"Okay what?"

"You can be with her, just- Max" she looked up at me. "Just don't tell her about us- for a while. Okay? Because if Michael finds out- hell go crazy" she gave me her best puppy dog face. She always used it as a weapon against me, because she knew I couldn't resist it. I hated it.

"Fine, but you know- I never asked for your permission in the first place" I smiled at her, but she just sneered at me.

~Avie by roswelllover~