Fallen Amber (AU,M/L,TEEN) Ch 6 - 02/09/04 {WIP}

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Fallen Amber (AU,M/L,TEEN) Ch 6 - 02/09/04 {WIP}

Post by Julia_Behr »

Title: Fallen Amber (AU)

Author: Julia aka Julia_Behr

Couple: M/L

Summary: Maria and Liz are 19. Max, Michael, Alex, and Kyle are 20. Isabel's 21. Max/Liz are together. Later on Liz gets raped and runs to Miami. Max searches for her desperately then finds her soon after. Thats all I'm going to reveal. :wink:

Rating: TEEN

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, story is mine though :)

--------------------------------

Prologue:

Dear Diary:
I can still feel his hot breath on the back of my neck. His strong arms holding me down on the cement floor. The pain is agonizing.
"Max" I call out, but no one hears my cries for help. I struggle, I try to move, but I'm helpless against the heavy form on top of me. "Max" I say again, my words a whisper. He grasps his hand around my mouth to shut me up. Tears stream down my pale cheeks...
I am Liz Parker, and today, I was raped.

-Four months earlier.......-

--------------------------------------

I love it when we fall asleep together. I always make sure I wake up before he does so I can watch him sleep.I love his amber eyes, they look into mine and I forget all of my pain and sorrow. Now, I look at his eyelids, and to me, their almost as beautiful as those soulful eyes. I smile at myself. What a perfect being lying next to me. I trace the curves of his arm muscles with my fingertips. He stirs and his eyes open slowly. His mouth curves into a smile.

"Morning baby" he whispers.
He lifts his hand to my cheek and sweeps my hair behind my ear. I smile back at him.

"Morning Max"

He looks over to the clock on my dresser and frowns.

"I'm going to go take a shower. Care to join me?" he looks at me hopefully.

"Not right now Max, I'm hungry. I'll be downstairs." He turned to get out of the bed but I grabbed his arm to turn him around and kiss him lightly on the lips.

"You owe me Liz" he gives me a crooked smile and heads to the bathroom.

I slowly pull myself out of bed and pull on one of his shirts. Then I headed down to the kitchen.
I decide to eat cereal.I reach for the cereal but can't reach it.

"Damn crap. Why is it so high on the shelf?" I grunt in frustration. A large hand reaches up from behind me and grabs the cereal.

"Need a little help?"

"Thanks Max" I turn around and smile at him. His wet bangs matted to his forehead. He wore a tight fitting black t-shirt and jeans.He hands the cereal to me and I pour it into the bowl.

"Where are you going?" I look at him curiously.It takes him a while to answer.

"You'll see"

"Oh, I'm going also?"I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Yup" He leans onto the fridge.

I carry the cereal and stand in front of him.

"So your not going to tell me" I say between mouthfulls of cereal.

"Not a word" He squints at me and smiles.

I bring my finger to his chest and slide it down his stomach. He twitches but stands bravely.

"Fine" I finally say."I'll be ready in five minutes." I head up the stairs to the shower.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
As we walk out to the car Max draped his arm around me and opened the passenger side door for me. He walked to the other side of the jeep. I watched as he pulled himself inside and started up the car.

"Is Maria back from Florida yet?" he asks, still keeping his eyes on the road.

"Nope, she begged Michael if they could stay a few more days, they say its really fun"

"Maybe we should go sometime" I looked at Max then replied.

"Maybe" I rested my hand on his knee and stroked it with my thumb. He looked at my hand hesitantly then brought his eyes back to the road. I slid my hand to his thigh and felt his leg muscles as he switched from brake to gas.

Max pulled over. He stared at Liz. Liz brought her hand from his thigh.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She smiled akwardly.

Max pulled her toward him and kissed her. Her lips parted slightly. Liz scooted over and onto Max's lap to face him. He pulled away from her embrace.

"Liz"

"Max?"

"Come on, were here" He pulled her out of the car and led her across the street.
Last edited by Julia_Behr on Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.
<b>[Max drops Bunny off at her place]</b>

<b>Bunny:</b> I, uh... Don't suppose you wanna... Come up. You know.
<b>Max:</b> Uh...Thanks, but...
<b>Bunny:</b> Eh! It was worth a shot.

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

Chapter 1, Part 1

Liz turned over groggily.

"Max" she grunted.

"Huh?, ok" he got up and stumbled lazily to the door. It knocked again.

"I'm coming dammit!"
Max slowly pulled the door open and squinted at the rising sun.

"Its six in the morning! Who the fuck is-" Max stared back at Michael and Maria.

Maria looked at Max who was only in boxers.

"Whoa, Max- what are you doing here?" Michael grinned.

"I uh, I was just um-"

"Max, who is it?"
Everyone looked back to Liz -who was wearing Max's shirt- walking towards them.She stopped when she noticed who was at the front door.
Michael grinned at Max again.

"Um, is this a bad time? Cause we can come back later when you two aren't-"

"No, really, its fine, uh please come in" Liz motioned them to one of the couches.

"I'll just go change" Max walked into the bedroom, Maria pulled Liz away from Michael.

"Liz what is Max doing here? Have you two been-"

"No"

"Liz, you cannot stand here and tell me that Max has been here, sleeping in your bed, plus you have his shirt on" Maria tugged at the hem of the shirt.

"Can we talk about this later? Michael can hear us" Maria frowned.

"Fine chica, but at the crashdown later today you better spill" Liz smiled.

"Sure"

"Heres Mr. Loverboy himself" Maria pointed to Max.

Max headed to the kitchen with Liz at his side.

"Anyone want something to drink?"

"Coffee please" Maria chimmed in.

"Nothing for me Maxwell" Michael sat back and put his arm around Maria.

Max turned to Liz. "Did you know they were coming?"

"No, this is as much a surprise to me as it is to you, Maria kept asking me if we were having sex"

Max raised an eyebrow. "What did you tell her?"

Liz gave him a look then walked to the couch an sat down. Max handed the coffee to Maria and sat next to Liz.

"So how was Florida?" Max asked.

"Great, we went to clubs though Michael didn't dance too much"

"Yeah, I would think so" Max joked. Michael sneered at Max.

"We liked the food though, they had a lot of spanish food"

Liz changed the subject.
"So, maybe we could all go to the movies tomorrow"

"Ok"

"Sure" Maria agreed.

---------------------------------------------------

Maria watched as Liz wiped down the counter. Liz looked up.

"Shouldn't you be working Ria?"

"I'm on a break"

"Sure" Liz handed a dish towel to Maria.

"So" Maria started wiping down the counter.

"So?"

"I'm taking you to the mall"

"For what?" Liz kept her eyes on the counter.

"They have this new lingerie store and-"

"No way Maria" Liz cut her off quickly.

"Why not? You can get a thong" she narrowed her eyes and waited for Liz's response

Liz stared at her wide-eyed.

"Ria!" Liz threw her dish towel at Maria but she ducked quickly. Maria turned her attention to the front door.

"Don't look now but-"

Liz looked up to see Max walk through the crashdown doors. Their eyes locked. Liz felt her heart beating quickly. Her love for Max grew for those few seconds. She wondered how just one look from Max could make her feel like this.To make her feel so...wonderful. She couldn't look away.But even if she could, she knew she wouldn't. Max walked towards her.

"Hello, earth to Liz" Maria waved her hand in front of Liz's face, but she didn't move.Maria looked at Max and decided to leave.

"I'll be out back" Maria walked out through the back doors.

-------------

Should I continue?....

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

Sorry for the holdback everybody. This part is going to be short because it is the end of the first chapter, so please behr with me. I'll post the second chapter later this week. Thank you so much for the feedback!

~Julia

Chapter 1 -Part 2-

Max looked away.

"Hi" Liz walked around the counter and stood next to him. He brought his hand to her cheek and leaned in to kiss her.

"Liz honey, where are you?" Ms. Parkers voice came from the back room.

"Shit, my mom" she rolled her eyes and pulled out the menu pad from her pocket. Max grabbed a menu.

"Uh, can I have a Men in blackberry pie?"

"Sure," Liz turned to her mother. "oh, hey mom"

Ms. Parker squinted at Max. "Hello Maxwell"

He nodded.

"Liz, could you please come upstairs? Your father needs you"
With that she turned and left them alone.

"Sorry-"

she started but he pulled her by her waist and placed his lips on hers. She returned the kiss.

"I'll see you tomorrow Max"

He let her go and walked out of the crashdown.

--------------------------------

TBC...hopefully..... Feedback honestly really does help.

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

Chapter 2

Three weeks had passed since that day at the crashdown.

----------

I pushed through hundreds of rock fans, looking for Max. I spun around when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Max!"
I instantly calmed down at the sight of him. He started talking but I couldn't hear a word he was saying. I pulled him away from the stage.

"Have you seen Maria?"
he shook his head. I looked to the other side of the concert, two guys with 'Sex Pistols' painted on their chest were lighting two tables on fire. Max tightened his grip on my hand.

He mumbled something but again I couldn't hear him.

"What?"

"Bathroom"
I nodded and he pulled me towards the unisex bathrooms.

"I'll wait out here"
he gave me a worried glance.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go ahead"
he took one last look at me and walked inside. I leaned on the wall. Two guys were pouring beer on their heads. A guy holding two drinks walked over to me.

"Want one?"he handed me the drink from his left hand. It was a lot darker than the one in his right hand. I guessed it was soda.

"Sure" I took a sip of it, and waited for it to settle before I took another sip. The room started to spin, for a split second, I didn't know who I was, or where I was. I dissmissed it as being the loud music.

TBC
---------------
Tell me if ya like it! I have the end of the chapter written already, but I'll post it tomorrow :wink: I'm going to warn you guys now, theres going to be a huge downfall after this. So enjoy it. Thanks for the feedback!

Read my other fic The Crush.

~Julia

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

CHAPTER 3
-------------
Liz

I couldn't hear anything. I leaned towards him to make sure he heard me. He put his hands on my waist to steady me.

"Wow, is it getting hot in here?" I mumbled, not really hearing myself talk.

"Theres an air conditioner in one of the rooms"

"Oh, no. I'll just wait here for my boyfriend" I waved him off and tried to steady myself, but fell back onto him.

"I'll tell him where you are" he lied."You'll feel a lot better in the room"

I nodded lazily and he helped me across the concert to the room, I had no idea what we were doing, let alone where we were going. My skin felt tingly, like I couldn't pick my legs up. But I got a wierd sensation from the places he was touching me. Strong sensations. It was wierd, but I felt safe around him. My mind clouded with images of Max.

The first time he kissed me, he made me feel so safe, so loved, that was the night I fell in love with him. I remembered when he came to my apartment the night he heard his parents were in a car crash, he was drunk and weak and couldn't think properly, like the way I felt now..

Fear rose in my stomach. I couldn't possibly be drunk, I only had one beer, and I knew how to handle my drinking. This was something else. He had slipped something in my drink. My head throbbed with pain. I pulled his hand from my waist.

"Whats wrong sweetheart?" He leaned closer to me, his cold lips brushing my ear.

"Don't call me sweetheart" I pulled away from him and stumbled back towards the bathroom. Max was probably looking for me, I had to find him.

My legs gave way and I fell to the floor. The people around me seemed oblivious to what was happening.

"Come on baby, lets go have some fun" he picked me up and carried me to a room. I tried to kick, or hit him, but my muscles wouldn't respond. Tears welled up in my eyes.

-------

Max

I looked around the concert, but no sign of her.

"Liz!" I walked to Maria, and Michael.

"I can't find Liz"

Maria was the first to respond. She spun around, searching every face.

Michael turned to me and saw the concern in my face."Lets split up, if we find her, we meet up by the bathroom"

Maria and I nodded and we went different ways, all of us calling Liz's name.

-----------------
Maria

God where was she? Liz wouldn't just leave like that, someone had her.

Anger overcame me and I quickened my pace, opening any doors on the way.I heard something from a room to my right. I opened the door.

"Liz! Get off of her you asshole! Max! Michael!"

I grabbed the man by his shirt and clenched my fists, I punched him hard in the face. Living in New York sure taught me that I had to learn how to protect myself, and others. He fell back, bleeding at the nose. I turned and looked to Liz. She was lying face down on a matress, her skirt pulled up.

"Liz, wake up!" I ran to her. Please be okay, please be alright.

She mumbled my name.

I turned her over. Her eyes were rolling back into her head. Max and Michael burst through the door.

"Liz!" Max turned to the man on the floor, his eyes burned with rage. He picked up the man by his shirt collar and threw him against the wall again, and again. I had to turn away.

Michael ran over to me and Liz, I was trying to wake her. He turned her over and patted her on her back. She threw up beer.

Max had let the man slump to the floor, now with a broken nose and black eye. He sat next to liz as she finished throwing up.

"Max? I called for you, that man, he-"

She turned and buried her face in his chest. He let her tears soak through his shirt.

"Its okay, shh"

He turned and picked her up in his arms. She let her head fall under his chin.

"I'll call the police" I said at Max's side, stroking Liz's arm. Michael followed me out.

-----------------
Max

"Liz" I shook her gently. She had still been unconscious, and now she was opening her eyes a little more. My eyes were red, I had so many feelings going through me. Liz would never be the same. It hurt me that someone would ever want to do what they did to her. I was freezing, but I didn't care. I had draped my jacket over her when I laid her in the car.

She looked so pale. I wished I could take all of her pain away, but I couldn't. I was mad at myself for not being able to. For not finding her sooner, for letting her out of my sight. She grunted slightly.

"Max?" she said. Her voice scratchy, and her eyes bloodshot. She sat up closer to me and wraped her arms around me, her hands shaking.

We sat there for a while. Maybe it was a minute, a few seconds, or an hour, but I held onto her, afraid that if I let go that I would lose her.

------------

I hope everybody liked it! I'll update soon. Thanks for the feedback.

~Julia

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

Chapter 4

-----

Well I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

I know I left too much mess
And destruction to come back again
And I caused nothing but trouble
I understand if you can't talk to me again
And if you live by the rules of 'its over'
Then I'm sure that that makes sense

And when we meet
As I'm sure we will
All that was then
Will be there still
I'll let it pass
And hold my tongue
And you will think
That I've moved on

-------
Liz

This is all my fault. I shouldn't have drank what that man gave me, I shouldn't have left Max's side. Everything that happened that night was my fault. I don't deserve to have such good friends protecting me, or Max. He's been there for me for as long as I can remember. He doesn't have to be here next to me, I just bring him pain. I should leave.

I lay next to him, his breathing is quiet, and he twitches a few times, but I just get closer to him, and he calms down. I pry myself from his grasp and sit up, I instantly feel the cold air and wish his arms were agound me again, but I get out of the bed and pull on my clothes. I grab my duffel bag and fill it with all of my clothes, then grab his car keys.

I walk slowly to the jeep and throw my stuff into the back, then get into the drivers seat. Tears flow down my cheek, I wipe them away, then look at the picture of Max and me at the beach that I put on the dashboard. I start the car and drive down the street, hoping to forget about causing everyone sorrow.

-----
Max

I wake up and feel next to me for Liz but she's not there. I sit up quickly.

"Liz" I call, but theres no answer. My car keys are gone.

"No"

-------

Sorry its so short!! I have a new story up (Two Weeks), so I just wanted to get this small part out. Feedback helps! Thanks everyone!

~Julia

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

CHAPTER 5

-----
Liz
Seven Seas hotel in Miami, Florida

"Can I have a room for the night please?" I pushed back my tousled hair.

"Yes ma'am, credit card or cash?"

"Cash" I pulled out two twenty dollar bills and handed them to her.

I turned away.

"Miss, are you okay?"

'No' I would've said. 'I got raped, then had to leave the love of my life, not to mention my family and friends' but I just nod, wipe away a tear and say "Yes, I'm fine"

She takes one last look at me then looks back at the computer in front of her. She hands me the hotel room key.

"Thanks" I whisper before going to the elevator. I press a button and the elevator jerks up, a few seconds later the doors open and I walk to my room door.

I close the door and lock it once I'm inside. I drop to the floor.

I try to wrap my arms around myself the way Max would always do, but it doesn't help.

"Max" I find myself saying out loud.
"Max"

But I can't go back now. Not after all I've done, after what I did to myself. Max wouldn't want me back now. Somewhere in my heart screams that I'm wrong, that it wasn't my fault, that Max still loves me, and wants me to come home. I just ignore it and pull myself up to the bed. I huddle into a small ball and drift off to sleep. But all I can dream about is him.

-------
Max
Maria's apartment. Roswell, New Mexico

"I have to go find her. She needs me" I get up and go to the door.

"Max, no. She could be anywhere by now, its been two days" Maria places her hand on my shoulder."You know how much I want to find her too, but we can't Max"

"I will find her" my tone of voice startles her, I open the door.

"Max" she shakes her head no, but I keep going. I felt Liz pulling me to her, but I didn't know where. My legs just kept moving. I didn't care how long it took, or what it took to find her, but I had to. My heart broke whenever I thought about that night at the concert, when that man raped her. I felt my blood boiling again, and my hands clench into fists.

My mind wondered where she could be. She always wanted to go to New York, but I knew she didn't have enough money for a plane ticket. Alex and Isabel were off in Maine.

Then it hit me. Florida. She said she wanted to go to Florida. A small ball of hope formed in me. Now, without a car, I had to somehow get to Florida.

"Max!! Wait!!" I spun around. Maria and Michael were running towards me.

"What, did you think we would let you go alone?" Maria smiled.

~Avie by roswelllover~
Julia_Behr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Julia_Behr »

Chapter 6

Liz

"Gimme another one" I leaned onto the counter to steady myself.

"You sure hun? Your already wasted, be careful" the bartender, Sammy, handed me another drink. I tilted my head back and poured it into my mouth, relieved at the feeling of it clouding my thoughts more, making me numb.

Someone tugged on my skirt. I spun around.

A tall, buff man smiled back at me and put his hands on my waist. I backed away.

"Come here baby" he reached for my hand.

"Get away from me!" I stumbled back against the wall, a familiar feeling of fear rising in my stomach.

"I said come here"
---------------------------
Max

"So what are we going to do? Just drive around and hope we find her?" Maria leaned back in the car seat next to me.

"We could check into a hotel" Michael said from the backseat. He pointed to a hotel on our right. It had 'Seven Seas' on a sign in big neon lights near two double doors. I pulled into the parking lot, and we walked into the office.

--------------------------

"Whoa there buddy, I don't think you want to do that" Sammy got hold of the man's arms and quickly pulled him back.

"Or what?" he shook her away and walked towards Liz. Sammy moved her hand to his throat, choking him. She let go after a few seconds. The man cursed under his breath, looked back at us, then walked away, rubbing his neck.

"You okay, Liz?" she leaned on the wall next to her. She saw Liz staring at the floor.

"Thanks" she turned to look at Sammy.

"No problem"

"I uh- I have to go" Liz tried to walk to the door but Sammy held her back.

"How are you getting back to the hotel?"

"Walking-"

"Liz, you can't just walk out of a bar at night. Your drunk"

"N-No I'm not, I'll be fine on my own. J-Just leave me alone, okay?" Liz ran out of the bar and across the street. She didn't notice the piece of concrete poking out of the sidewalk, and fell.

"Liz, Liz! Are you alright?" Sammy knelt beside her and picked her up.

"Let go of me!" Liz weakly waved her away and crawled into a dark corner. She brought her knees to her chest and started sobbing.

"Max" she whispered, trembling. Sammy sat down by her.

"Liz. Who's Max?" Liz looked up.

"He doesn't love me anymore" she mumbled. "I did it, its all my fault" her eyes were red.

"What did you do?" she tilted Liz's head up.

"Its all my fault" Liz repeated.

"Liz, did Max do something to you? Did he hurt you?"

"No"

"Liz-" She put a hand on Liz's shoulder.

"Can you just, take me back to the hotel?" Liz said crying, "please?"

"Sure" She stood up and helped Liz get up, then walked her to the hotel.[/b]

~Avie by roswelllover~