Until The Day I Die (AU,M/L,TEEN) Pt 20 - 02/17/04 {WIP}

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

*~Here Without You~*
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by *~Here Without You~* »

Another part is here for all of you!! So soon? You ask. Well let's just say for all you kind feedback and my long absence, I'm going to be making up for all of it! So here is a new part for all you guys!

Part 20

“Where the hell are they?” A furious Michael paced around the room, a frown etched on his face.

“They are two horny teenager, they could be anywhere.” Alex said trying to lighten the atmosphere in the room, adding a small grin.

“This isn’t exactly the best time to joke around Alex.” Isabel said her eyes filled with anger, amusement, and fear.

“Guys I’m sure they just left to talk or something.” Maria included although she knew that she was just trying to help everyone into not worrying because she didn’t even believe herself.

Michael knew that Max wouldn’t just leave like that. He even thought he knew Liz after their little alien expedition in their heads. He knew she was frightened. For heaven’s sakes she was his sister, and she left without a word. She should have known he would be scared for her.

“I say we stay here for an hour more and if they don’t come back then we’ll do something.” Maria told everyone and when they all nodded their head in agreement she finally rested on the couch watching as the second hand of the clock moved at a snail’s pace.

~*~*~*~*~*

Liz had stopped crying about ten minutes ago. To Max she seemed to just stare out into space. He was worried for her. He knew that she was holding back a secret, that she probably has never told anyone before. She held up a front that made people believe that she could feign on her own. But he knew her now, he knew that she wasn’t as strong as she seemed to be.

He watched as she seemed to stare at the glowing green pods in front of her. She seemed mesmerized by them. Max knew that something had happened while she was sleeping to make her wake him and run off with him, but he had no idea what.

“Liz.” Max finally said his voice echoing in the silence.

“Shh.” she said to him as if she was listening to something, concentrating on something around her.

She seemed to be more stable then earlier. She had a look of concentration on her face and he knew that something was happening.

“Max, do you hear that?” She whispered to him, glancing at him for a second before glancing back at the pods in front of them.

Max tried to listen for something, to hear whatever Liz was hearing. He concentrated but he couldn’t hear anything.

“No, Liz. Why do you hear something?” max asked watching as she crawled across the cool rock over to her pod.

She looked back at him, before she starting crawling through the pod in front of her.

“Liz, what are you-” But before he could finish his sentence he heard it. He heard the energy buzzing throughout the room.

He made his way over to the pod that Liz just crawled through his curiosity getting the best of him. Slowing he made his way through the remains in front of him. As he got closer he could hear a gasp from Liz, but it wasn’t one of fear it was one of amazement.

The energy seemed to swirl around the room, faster and louder as he stood up from the ground making his way towards Liz. He looked at the large object in front of him, and just gazed up at it.

“What is that?” He questioned.

“I don’t know Max, but can you hear it now? Can you feel it?” Liz asked looking at max, her eyes seemed to sparkle again with curiosity.

“Yes.” Was all he could say as he watched Liz walk closer to the huge, non-human object in front of him. He watched as she raised her hand up to touch it.

“Liz is that safe? You don’t know what that thing is.” Max said to her but she seemed to be oblivious of his question or was just ignoring him. He hand inched closer and closer to the object that seemed to be omitting large amounts of energy into the room.

“I’m sorry Max. I have to do this.” She said glancing at him quickly before her hand touched the mysterious object in front of her.

Max watched in horror as a bright light shone into the room, blinding Max for a second. He heard a little gasp echo from Liz’s throat reaching his ears. He wanted to go to her but he couldn’t see, she was enveloped in a thick blanket of light. As the light dimmed he heard a voice echo throughout the room.

“Liz, you are not ready for all the knowledge that I can instill into you now. You first need to learn. You have to deal with your past and encompass the future. Once you do that, return with the ones you trust, and everything you have wanted to know will be here waiting.” The voice said the energy in the room dimming down to almost a silent hum.

Max looked at Liz a stunned look on his face. “Who...what was that?” He asked wondering when all of a sudden he turned to others for answers.

“That…That was your mother Max.” Liz said looking at him her hand lowering off the object in front of her.

“You mean my mother from…” Max pointed upwards and Liz could do was nod her head, her eyes glancing once more at the huge machine in front of her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Okay I say we go now. I can’t wait any longer.” Isabel said glancing at everyone around her.

Michael looked out the window, watching the rain fall to the ground just as hard as it had forty five minutes ago. He somehow wasn’t as nervous or furious as he was before. He seemed more calm.

Moving away from the window he walked over to Maria placing a arm around her shoulder. “I say we wait a little longer. I don’t know why but I don’t think their in trouble.” He said to everyone.

“How do you know?” Maria said turning her head towards it.

“I don’t I can sorta feel it.” He said with a shrug.

“But Michael, what if someone like, I don’t know, took them.” Isabel said frantic. She looked at Michael wondering how he was so calm at a moment like this.
“Isabel calm down for a moment. Wouldn’t you know if Max was hurt. I can feel Liz, well not feel her, but, oh I don’t know to explain it.” Michael said calmly looking at Isabel .

“Just try it.” Alex said to Isabel before she could say anything. When she nodded her head Alex just smiled.

They watched as she closed her eyes for a second. All her muscles seemed to relax, and she let her anger and fear wash away into the air. She could feel her brother, she was always able to. They were connected in a sibling sort of way, just enough to know the other was okay.

Sighing, she looked up at everyone. “Their okay.” She said as the front door opened.

Everyone’s eyes moved to the door, to see a wet Max and Liz standing there. They seemed content but somehow more serious. They all knew that wherever they were for the last couple of hours, had in a way changed them.

Tbc… If ya want!