Unintended M/L Chapter 12 10/31 ADULT [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

maxs silverhandprint
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by maxs silverhandprint »

Have I mentioned just how droolworthy Orlando Bloom is? haha. And yes, I have edited the story a teensy bit. Anyway here's some more. :D
This is the last chapter that I already have written, so it'll be a couple days before the next chapter is up. Also, there are only two more chapters left so.... I'm kinda sad... kinda elated. It will be my first finished story :shock: Never thought I'd be able to say that. Anyway, enjoy! And as always, feedback is much appreciated.

Chapter Eleven
Max’s Point of View

“Max?”

I look up at Liz from where I’m sitting on the couch holding a phone to my ear. I hold a finger up at her asking her to hold on a minute. The boss is on the phone. Joy.

“I want the money soon.”

“I understand that, but as it is we’ve already got police combing through the cities near us, we’ve got to lay low. You’ll get your money as soon as I can get it.”

“I’ve got better things to do with my time than sit here trying to get through into that head of yours when I want the money. You know when I want it, and you know what I’ll do to get it.” With that the phone goes dial tone and I sigh as I turn off the phone.

“Max?”

“Yeah?”

“Is he gonna let you wait until my birthday?”

“He’s rushing it, but I’m calling his bluff, I think that as long as he gets his damn money within the original time limit he set we’ll be fine.”

I pull her down onto my lap and she makes herself comfortable burying her head in my neck.

“I hope you’re right Max.”

I love the feeling of her body curled up next to mine. Not that I should get too used to it. I find it hard to imagine that I won’t be able to kiss her full lips, or just have her rest her head on my chest at night when we go to sleep. These past few weeks have been as peaceful as can be under the circumstances. Liz and I manage to ignore Michael and Maria the majority of the time.

Two weeks ago Kyle called and notified us that the police know what I look like, more or less anyway. So I’ve taken to staying cooped up into the house with Liz while we send the other two out on the errands. I can tell Liz is getting antsy and wants to leave the house, but she insists she’s fine. Then she said she knows that WE will be fine. Then it was like BOOM! My full conscience came back and suddenly I’ve been completely rethinking my past actions.

If I hadn’t given in to the blind date that Maria set me up on, I never would have fallen for Kember. I never would have pissed off this Darren guy with all his high and mighty connections, and I never would have met Liz. And because of that one point I don’t know whether to curse him or bow down to him. I hate it. I can honestly say that I love her, not the same way I felt for Kember, but I love her. Kember I gave up when I knew it was better for her, Liz? She’s still here isn’t she? Three months is completely unacceptable to keep her. I could have had the half a million dollars by now if I had just allowed myself to keep things with Liz the way it should be when you kidnap someone.

Liz’s Point of View

Max tightens his arms around my waist. He’s been silent for almost five minutes now, and I have no idea what to do. I’ve seen what happens when someone disturbs him, hell I’ve even been on the receiving end a couple of times. I look up at him and can’t help but let my mind wander to these past few weeks.

I told him about my trust fund, and how I’ll have access in exactly one month now. That way everyone is fine. He won’t be stealing the money, Kember will be safe, well supposedly anyway. He was reluctant, saying it wasn’t fair, why should I have to give up my money. But why should my grandmother? Then he brought up the fact that no matter what after the money is transferred to Darren’s account that I won’t be able to have any contact with him. When I told him that I couldn’t do that, that I love him. He gave me this small smile and left the room. Since then we’ve both acted like I never blurted out those three words. When the door shut behind him I let the tears fall. I know he heard me crying but he left. I screamed, I shouted, I pleaded with him to just come back so that we could talk about it. But damn him, he just slid down the wall and listened. I don’t know what he was thinking, what he was wishing, or what goes through his mind as we watch the television report on my status. I know just as much as to what is going through his mind now as I did then. It frustrates me. I know he feels something for me, I can feel it when he touches me. When we make love.

Max slides me off of his lap, and kisses my forehead before going into the kitchen. Sure the house is peaceful. Only because ignorance is bliss. If we don’t address certain subjects, they just don’t exist. I gave up a couple of weeks ago in trying to get through to Max, he already has his mind made up, as soon as the money is where it needs to be, I’m gone.

I’m just completely confused. Does he want me gone? Am I just temporary? I don’t know, but I’ve got a month to find out. Because I’ll be old enough to make my own decisions, legally anyway.

“Max?” I ask as I step onto the cool tile floor in the kitchen. He’s sitting at the table with a soda can in his hand staring out the window. Still green leaves, hmmmm. I can definitely see what’s so very interesting.

“Yeah?”

“Whatcha thinking about?”

“Stuff.”

“Stuff, well it certainly is a complex enough topic to turn your brain to mush. Maybe I need to be more specific what kinda “stuff” are you thinking about?”

He hasn’t so much as given me a glance up until now. The smile is unhappy. Not that mine probably looks any better.

“The complex kind.”

“Well, that must mean I’m a part of them.”

“You play a factor.”

“Will you miss me?” What? I really didn’t mean to blurt that out. I’m not too sure if I want to hear the answer. Ignorance is bliss. Ignorance is bliss.

“Liz-“

“You don’t have to answer that, Max. I really didn’t even mean to say it.” Max looks at me then sighs as he stands up.

“Liz, I have never lied to you.”

“You haven’t exactly told me what you’re feeling either, therefore there was nothing for me to think you lied about.”

“Please don’t complicate this.”

“I’m a woman, it’s my duty to make sure everything is complicated.” I say as I close the distance between us. I look up at him and I can’t stand it. I can’t the fact the fact that I can’t see what’s going on behind his eyes. I hop up onto the counter and pull him along to stand in front of me. “Max, look at me. Will you miss me?”

“I don’t know, you’re not gone yet.”

Ouch. Prick.

“Max, stop that. I know you feel something, and I’m tired of repeating this to you. I’m the last person that needs to tell you how you feel. But just don’t lie to me.”

“Dammit Liz, don’t you understand it doesn’t matter? Because no matter how I feel I am still going to have to get the money to give to Darren. I am still going to have to let you go. And after I let you go I will still never be able to see you again. So what the hell do you want Liz? Do you want me to say I love you? Because I do. Do you want me to say that I never want to let you go? Because I don’t. Do you want me to say that I’ll be miserable without you? That I’ll always have this unbelievable itch to find you and take you away and never give you back? Because I will. I admit it. But it won’t change my mind. Because I know it’s what is best.”

He loves me?

Sure, I heard everything else he’s said but it doesn’t matter. That was all I needed to hear.

“I love you too.”

“NO! Liz, god.” He says as he pushes himself away to the other side of the room. “Listen to me. Don’t let yourself.”

“What you can say it, but I can’t?”

“Yes! No. Liz, just leave it alone. This is just one big mistake.”

“Everything?”

“Yes. This never would have happened if I could have just kept my hands to myself.”

“So, this is only about the sex?”

“Is that what it will take?”

He’s being impossible. He’s trying so hard to do this. Even though I know he’s not telling the truth, it still hurts. Whatever happened to going with the flow? Seeing where this leads us? He just made the decision to make me go away.

“Max. Stop wasting my time with that shit.”

The front door opens causing me to look away from Max.

“Michael, could you stop being such an asshole for a minute?” Maria shrieks as she rushes into the kitchen dropping two shopping bags onto the floor before noticing Max and I sitting on the floor on opposite sides of the room. “Ummm….”

Michael walks into the room and raises and eyebrow. “Trouble in paradise?”

“Fuck off.” Michael turns his gaze to me and it’s not looking too nice.

“Michael leave her the hell alone.”

“Oh my noble hero!” Max looks at me and frowns. What the hell did he want? Forgive me if I’m not in the most pleasant mood.

Sighing he stands up and leaves the room. Next thing I hear is the jeep leaving the drive way, right before I start crying. Go figure the guy who kidnaps me is the only person to break my heart.

Max’s Point of View

I know I shouldn’t have left like that. Hell I probably shouldn’t have said any of that. But when she sat up on that counter I just wanted to lift her off and tell her I love her. But when I saw the vulnerability in her eyes, and the hope for the future I let everything flow out. I told her I love her. Truth be told it wasn’t in the most idyllic of ways, I still said it. I told her how I felt about her and with every word that passed through my mouth the light in her eyes got that much brighter. She just doesn’t seem to understand that I can’t be with her after this is done. We’ve talked about it before, and she’s always said we’d just see how things went. I figured we’d have a while anyway so why push it?

A little bit ago we were on the same subject and she blurted out that she loved me. It was hard enough walking away from her that time but when I actually saw her say it his time, when she said it to my face it made me feel horrible. The last time I sat outside her door as I listened to her cry. I couldn’t get myself to leave her alone, so I went back in and we acted like she never said anything.

But this time I wanted to take her in my arms and never let go. I do want to be with her, but it would either be us living in fear that someone would find out and then I’d go to jail and that would be the end of that, or she can go home and find someone new. I pushing her towards option two. Even if it kills me inside that’s what I’ll do.
maxs silverhandprint
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by maxs silverhandprint »

Heya! Okay... so it's not as good as the original that i wrote ( :mad: )but I hope you like it anyway : ) The next chapter WILL be the last chapter and you will see how this finally ends. *sniffles* it will be my first complete fic. Please leave feedback... anything is appreciated. Now, on with the chapter! OH! One last thing, I reeeeeaaaaallllly don't wanna finish this without a banner, so if anyone is feeling gracious? please? lol. thank you, and NOW on with the chapter

Chapter Twelve
Liz’s Point of View

I don’t understand. Why does this bother him now? It’s been over two hours since he left, for all that I know the cops picked him up. I keep telling Maria that I hope they do catch him. It was his stupid move to leave the cabin. I keep saying it… but it doesn’t mean that I’m any closer to meaning it. I just want him to come back. I want him to come back and we can run away to some undisclosed place and be together. Sure it lacks the normalcy that I’ve dreamt of forever… but at least I’ll be with him.

“He’s going to be fine. I promise he’ll be back soon.” Maria says as she slides my tear drenched hair behind my ear. She thinks that I don’t see the looks she sends Michael, or the fact that when she does he runs off into the other room to call Max’s cell.

“I just have this horrible feeling Maria. Not that he’s hurt. But that something is going to begin. And it sucks because I can’t put my finger on what it is.”

Max’s Point of View

“Refill?” I shake my head at Marie.

I’ve been sitting here in the South End Diner drinking coffee for the past two and a half hours. I knew that it was a risk coming here. Or anywhere for that matter. I just needed to get away from everything. I needed to watch other people and see how normal people act.

Marie has been making frequent stops at my table to bring me a steady flow of caffeine. She’s a middle aged brunette. No ring, so it’s highly unlikely that she’s engaged or married. Her face looks worn around the eyes and I’m going to bet that when she goes home tonight she’s going to be watching her kids. Why do I assume that she has children? Because with all of the assholes that come in and out of here there is no other explanation that she would come in here every day.

Happy couples make their trips here along with a healthy dose of people are trying to work things out. Every time I see them I can’t help but wonder if Liz and I are going to get a chance to be like that. To have our ups and downs. To have our fights and then make up. Liz has become an integral part of my life. Call me selfish but I won’t let her go without a fight. I want to be there through every major event in her life. I want to be able to hold her when she cries, smile with her when she’s happy.

I keep trying to think of ways to make it work. I could call it quits with Darren, but I can’t risk Kaylen’s life like that. I’d feel horrible taking money from Liz now, after what has happened. God! What the hell am I supposed to do? There are so many things I could do, but in the end all things turn out to be the same. I could have a possibility of being with Liz, but there is always that chance that someone will find out.

“One, you look helpless. Two, you’re fucking nuts.” That voice.

My head snaps up to see Kaylen standing over me. I know who she is but my mind has a hard time telling the rest of me.

“What are you doing here?” I ask. Damn, she’s still just as beautiful as when I last saw her.

“Visiting.” She lowers her voice as she slides into the booth next to me, “They’re looking for you, you know?”

“Kaylen? How do you know that? I made sure you’d never find out.” I’m so confused. How could she possible know that it’s me that they’re looking for? Last thing I knew, the authorities still haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

She just smiles at me and pats my arm. “Come with me Max, just for a bit. Here.” She says as she throws down some crumpled up dollars. I stand up but toss some more money on the table to cover two hours and some odd minutes worth of coffee and a large tip.

My mind is racing through memories, old dreams, and “what if” scenarios as she leads me to a dark metallic blue SUV. I can smell her perfume as the wind carries it through the air. I just want… what do I want? I’m so lost.

“You’ll have to sit in the back. There’s someone with me.” I just nod. I open the door on the passenger’s side and get in. Kaylen looks back at me from her seat, “You’ve met Darren.” Huh? I quickly look over at the person in the driver’s seat and sure enough there’s the man I thought I was keeping Kaylen safe from. She smiles at me before leaning in to receive a kiss from him. I feel all of the coffee I’d had suddenly want to rise. Then I become a jumble of emotions as I begin to piece things together.

“Have you..?” I just leave the question open-ended.

“Been together from the start?” Kaylen finishes. “Yes.”

“Although I must admit it was hard to hear her speak so low of me when you two were together. I knew it was a lie, but it still hurt. You know?”

“Do I know? You fucking asshole!” I reach into the front seat and grab him by his cheap ass silk wannabe collar.

“Uh-uh.” Kaylen remarks. “Now I know you don’t wanna do that.” I feel cold metal against my temple and I ease back, my hand reaching for the door handle. “Now put your hands up here for a minute. Be a good boy Max? For me?” She bats her lashes and I feel the blood rush to my head. Without saying a word I rest my hands on the armrest between her and Darren.

He slips handcuffs around my wrists and smiles. The son of a bitch is smiling at me.

“What now?” I ask.

“Now we go visit Michael, Maria, and that girl you have holed up in your little hide-away.”

Darren starts the car and reaches his hand out to Kaylen. I lean back in the seat, disgusted. I stare out the tinted windows and wonder why they are here. Why Kaylen was working with Darren. And why me? I don’t even bother to ask them. I just want to crawl under a rock and hide.

When we get to the house Darren pulls me out of the car and pushes me towards the house. I could take him. Him yes, the gun? No. Once inside he smiles as if he isn’t the antagonist to this fucked up story that is my life and unlocks the handcuffs.

“Now I’m going to go catch up with Mikey and Ria. See what they’ve been up to. You two behave while I’m gone.” With that he walks into the kitchen. I look around the rooms trying to find Liz. The panic is starting to catch up with me. Where could she have gone? But with Kaylen on my heels there’s not much I can do. I saunter back to the couch and sit. Putting my head in my hands I ask, “Why?”

Kaylen pouts, “Why?” She walks over to me and sits on my lap. I cringe but I don’t move her. It’s not that I enjoy it, I’m just not giving her the satisfaction of me touching her. “I don’t know. I needed the money. You were an easy target. Darren was spouting promises of what we’d do with the money when we got it from you. It sounded nice. It sounds nice. I want all that the world has to offer and he can give it to me.” I close my eyes and stand up, causing Kaylen to end up in a heap on the floor.

“Why did you let it go on so long though?”

“After we spent almost all of our money on the wedding and the house and vacation we needed just a bit more. Just enough to keep us living comfortably for the rest of our lives.”

“Do you really think he’s going to be with you forever? Crazy ass bitch. He’s just going to ditch you like the rest. You’re nothing special yourself.”

Her eyes flash with anger as she slaps me and storms out of the house. Not even a minute later Darren comes walking in with Maria and Michael in tow. “What did you say to her? Nevermind. I’ll fix it. You. You work on getting that money pronto otherwise that bitch you’ve been keeping here will get it. I want the money before the sun comes up. Do it.” With that said he walks out the door in search of Kaylen.

“I take it he filled you guys in?” I ask the couple standing in the doorway.

“Yes.” Maria replies. “But Max, we have no clue where Liz is. She went out on the porch about a half an hour ago and I went to check on her five minutes after and she wasn’t there.”

“Liz is a big girl, she’s fine. At least she left before you got back. She’ll find a way back to town and get home. She’ll be better off.” Maria elbows Michael in the stomach.

Liz’s Point of View

Staring in the window by the living room I watch everything play out. I watch Max get pushed in, I see who I now know is Kaylen, get on Max’s lap. She storms out and now Max, Michael, and Maria are all trying to figure out where I am and Max runs out the back door. I just don’t want to be seen. I can’t let Max see that I’m a mess. While he was gone I was trying to figure out a way for this to work. I did. It’s just a matter of telling Max.

“You’re her aren’t you?” I spin around to see Kaylen with an amused smile playing on her lips.

“Got to hell. How could you do it to him? He was nothing but… loving towards you and you were playing him from the get-go.” Before I know what I’m doing I lunge at her and start pulling at whatever I can get my hands on. Right when I get a good chunk of her hair I feel arms pulling me off of her.

“You’re a feisty little thing aren’t you.” He finally puts down and I swing my arm out to whack Darren but he catches my arm and twists it backwards.

The pain is excruciating and I find myself wondering where Max is. Surprise surprise, I need him to be my knight in shining armor because I’m definitely feeling the distress. Keeping the grip on my arm, and with Kaylen finding a nice spot on the back of my head to point a gun, Darren leads me into the house.

“Liz!” I see Michael and Maria but I want Max. Michael is holding Maria and they both have their helpless faces on.

Great.

“Look! You’ll have your money! Maria shouts.

“That’s not good enough.” That’s not good enough? “Where’s Max? We have some new terms to talk about.”

“I’m right here.” I hear Max’s voice. Deep and raspy. I try to turn my head to see him but Kaylen presses the gun harder against my head. “Now let go of Liz’s arm Darren or you’ll be carrying a messy Kaylen out of here if you’re walking at all.” I’m able to see Max’s reflection in a nearby window and I see that he’s holding a gun to Kaylen’s head.

I laugh, I don’t know what else to do. “Karma sucks doesn’t it?”

Darren’s eyes glare at me then flicker to look at Max. Giving my arm one last sharp twist he lets go. Michael comes up behind him and kicks the back of his legs, pushing him to the ground as he kneels on Darren’s back to keep him down.

“Now Kaylen, put the gun down.”

“If I go, I’m taking her down with me. She obviously means something to you otherwise you wouldn’t be doing this. I used to mean something to you. Don’t I still?”

“How can you even ask me that? After what you’ve done? And you’d be much better off if you left Liz out of this.”

“Why? What does this bitch have that makes her so special? Is she really that good of a fuck?”

Max slams the gun against her head and she falls. As soon as the gun is gone from my head I turn around and run to Max. “Is she…?” I stare down at Kaylen’s still form.

Maria kneels down next to Kaylen and looks for a pulse. “She’s fine. I’m sure she’ll be in quite a bit of pain when she wakes up.” Maria picks up the gun and empties the bullets.

Max has one arm around me and is pointing the gun at Darren with the other. “Now, Darren, let’s talk about those new terms.” Michael stands up, holding Darren’s arms behind his back. “You are going to take Kaylen, you are going to get into your car and drive away. Far. Away. You will never have any contact with any of us. You will not be getting any money, you will not be getting a damn thing from any of us. I don’t care where you go or what the fuck you do as long as I never see or hear of you again. Got that?” The tone of Max’s voice makes me shiver. I’ve never heard him talk like that.

Darren nods and shrugs out of Michael’s hands. He picks up Kaylen and walks out the door. Once the door is shut Max drops the gun and his hands cup my face.

“God, Liz. Are you okay? I was so scared that I wouldn’t…”

“Shhh. Max I’m fine. My arm’s a little sore but I’m okay.” Taking my arm in his hand he looks at the beginnings of what is going to be a huge ass bruise. His eyes look back into mine and I know that I’m safe. “I’m sorry.”

“For what? I’m the one that caused all of this. It’s all my fault.” He kisses my forehead and I just sink into him. I’m exhausted. The adrenaline that was coursing through my veins not even a minute ago is wiped out.

“I don’t mean to rain on your little parade there, but what do we do now?” Michael asks, but my eyes don’t leave Max.

“We’ll figure something out.”
Last edited by maxs silverhandprint on Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.