Seeking A Queen (AU,M/L,ADULT) Pt 21 - 03/13/04 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Seeking A Queen (AU,M/L,ADULT) Pt 21 - 03/13/04 [WIP]

Post by Susan709 »

Well guys, here is the beginning of my new story. It's totally AU which is new to me. So I need to seriously know what you think of it. Feed back is much appreciated in any way. Just let me know what you think.

Title: Seeking A Queen
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, they belong to Fox, Melinda Metz & Sci-fi. Just borrowing them for a short time period.
Rating: TEEN - ADULT
Category: M/L With a little L/Z & M/L/Z
Summary: Twins born at the exact time, only one can rule as King. In order to become the true King, they must seek the one who was created to be the Queen. Whoever finds her first and wins her heart also wins the throne.

Prologue

The entire planet of Antar was filled with joyous anticipation. For their Queen was due to give birth to twin sons. The first born of the twins would be the first true heir to the throne in three generations. The people of Antar had been awaiting the arrival of the true heir for decades. As only a son, the first born son of royal blood would be given the royal seal upon birth.

While a daughter of royal blood was the only one able to give life to the next heir and regarded as royalty from the people. Only a son would be granted the royal seal. Giving him the power to gain access to the Granolith.

The Granolith was a living machine, that supposedly had an unlimited amount of power. From controlling the planet's atmosphere to ensure the best crops could be grown. To providing guidance and power to the true King so all those of the galaxy would be treated fairly and with just. Making Antar the richest and most desirable planet in the Whirlwind Galaxy.

For the past three generations of royal births only daughter's have been born. So the Granolith's vast amount of power had laid dormant, while awaiting an heir to be born.

The long wait was finally coming to an end. The only problem was, only the first born son would gain the royal seal so the air of anticipation was that much greater to find out which of the twin sons would be born first. Names had already been chosen, Alexander Jacob and Maxwell Philip. Both sharing their father's given name of Alexander Philip and the first King to be given the power of the Granolith, King Maxwell Jacob.

The night air was calm when Queen Eliza felt her first contraction letting her know it was time. Her sons would be born this night and Antar's wait for an heir would finally be over. Several hours later the Queen's screams of labor were continuing with no signs of her labor progressing far enough along for her to give birth. This was one of the many times that King Alexander wished he had the power of the Granolith. If he did, he would have the power of healing bestowed upon him. But, he wasn't a true heir, he didn't have the royal seal that would connect him to the Granolith. He was considered King, because he had married the Queen. Eliza was just a princess at the time when they had been bonded, but now she was the people's Queen and he was their King. Since he didn't have any true power, all he could do was offer his beautiful wife his love and support while she bared the labor of their love.

The royal doctor had arrived early on, but even he began to worry due to the lack of progression of the Queen's labor. During his last examination he had a good understanding of the problem. Apparently both fetus's were attempting to engage down the birth canal of the mother at the same time. In doing so, they were causing his Queen quite a bit of pain and suffering. It was as if they were fighting in the womb to be the first born and inherit the royal seal. Which was really impossible, as it was impossible for the twins to understand what one of their destiny would be someday or to know that it would only be the first born that would be granted the status of King someday. As amazing as it was, the royal doctor knew that if one of the babies didn't engage soon, the Queen's life would become endangered. In doing so, endangering the lives of both sons. He explained his concerns to the royal couple before him, after all this was too important for him to make the decision himself. The fate of their entire planet and the entire galaxy was at stake and this would be the first time that twin sons were to be born. Allowing only one to be their future King.

"We cannot interfere. They must decide between themselves." Queen Eliza commanded immediately. It would be unfair for them to possibly change a future that was more than likely already determined she surmised. Only her soon to be born sons could make the decision of who would be first born. Even at the cost of her own life, she couldn't interfere with a destiny.

King Alexander squeezed his wife's hand softly. "I can't lose you Eliza, you mean everything to me. Please my love, you must reconsider." Alexander pleaded. Since he had married into the royal family, it wouldn't be his word the doctor would follow. But, that didn't mean he couldn't persuade his wife to change her mind. That was one of the many reasons he dearly loved and respected his wife. Even though legally in the eyes of their people, Eliza was the one with the power, she would always consider his thoughts and feelings. They were a team, a united couple that ruled as equals and at this moment. Alexander wasn't thinking of which son would be the future King of Antar or of the destiny of who would inherit the royal seal from the Granolth. No, at the moment his wife was his number one concern.

Gently cupping his face with both of her hands, she whispered. "I love you, Alexander. I wish..." Her words halted mid sentence when another contraction hit her hard. In fact, it caused a silent scream to pierce the royal chamber. Then Queen Eliza's world turned to blackness.

"DOCTOR, Do Something!" King Alexander shouted, his concern for his wife apparent in his voice.

Regretfully, the doctor defeatedly replied. "I cannot." His Queen's last command was that they were not to interfere with who would be first born.

Knowing there would be no way he could persuade the doctor to act against Eliza's last command spoken, Alexander's mind raced with thought. "Is there no way you could perform a cesarean, but not remove one of the babies until one makes the first move." He could tell his wife was slipping from this world if they didn't do something quick, she had been in too much pain for too long for him to know that much.
"You would still be following Eliza's command, they would still be the one to decide without us interfering with the fates." Alexander pleaded, he couldn't lose her. "Please doctor, please you must at least try. For if we lose Eliza, we may lose both my sons and the future hope of Antar." This time voicing not only his personal concerns, but that of the entire planet.

It only took a second for the royal doctor to think over his King's request. He felt confident that he would be able to do what his King suggested and at the same time fulfill his Queen's last command. Turning to his staff, he stated. "Let's get set up. We need to do this quickly, we don't have much time." His Queen's heart rate was rapidly diminishing, time was at an essence.

The procedure was a basic procedure, nothing the royal doctor hadn't performed before. He was considered the best of the best in his field, that was why he had been given the honor to deliver the royal twins in the first place. But, their time was running out and even though he took absolute care during the procedure itself, it was out of his hands to conclude the procedure in it's entirely. No, this time he wasn't the one with the control. It was up to the infants themselves. For he could not extract any part of either of the infant's bodies once he had successfully opened his Queen's womb.

Once the royal doctor had completed the first part of the procedure the entire room turned deathly quiet as they watched with bated breath to ensure their Queen's last command. Every member in the royal chamber watched as one infant made a move as if to raise his head toward the womb's opening, which was an impossible fact in itself, but it occurred. Taking that as a sign the doctor quickly reached in to bring the first born son into his new world. King Alexander whispered. "Welcome to the world Zan." Wanting to acknowledge the first of his twin sons to be born to be given his first name.

At that exact same instant that King Alexander acknowledge Zan and the royal doctor began to lift Zan out of his mother's womb, Maxwell's arm shot upward and out of his mother's womb. All eyes widened in shock at the meaning. Twin son's, only one could be King born at the exact same time. Without further delay the doctor lifted not only Zan, but also his twin brother Max out of Queen Eliza's womb at the exact same time. Knowing it was not up to him to determine their future King.
Once both royal son's were handed off to his assistants, the royal doctor went back to concentrate all his efforts on saving his Queen. Eliza had always been strong willed, always held life to the fullest.
But, it was obvious she had lost a vast amount of blood, her heartbeat becoming weaker by the second. The royal doctor and his staff tried everything they could think of to ensure their Queen's life would not perish on this night. As hard as they fought, in the end Queen Eliza gave her life to ensure the destiny of her people would be fulfilled.

King Alexander's tears of anguish could be heard throughout the castle.
His only love, his soulmate was gone. They had successfully saved his twin son's, but at the cost of his beloved wife life. The sadness of acknowledging the lost of a great and truly loved Queen, was shared not only by Alexander, but by all of Antar. The planet had no Queen and the future King was left undetermined. The people of Antar cried out for their lost and the royal council looked to their King for answers.
Answers that Alexander did not have.

After the funeral, King Alexander took his twin sons to the Granolith chamber to seek the answers that only the Granolith could give him. He held no royal blood within his body, but he knew somehow the Granolith would be able to advice him. Taking one of each of his infant son's hands he placed both of them on the Granolith along with his own. When all three of their hands pulled away, King Alexander knew what had to be done. Calling upon the royal doctor, he explained what the Granolith requested. Their future would be determined by a future Queen. One that would be created by using part of both his son's essence, basically creating their other half. It would be up to his son's to find her and the one who found her first and with her acceptance. That would be the one to be the next King of Antar.
Last edited by Susan709 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:48 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

Wow! I'm so happy at the positive response of this story as I had yet to try a total AU that didn't at least start with a lead from one of the episodes. So I truly do appreciate all the FB. Here is Part 1, I hope everyone enjoys it. Let me know what you think.

Title: Seeking a Queen
For Disclaimer & Summary see Prologue.

Part 1

For sixteen years, Zan and Max were raised as equals. The destiny of one of them kept secret, at the request of the King. Even though they were identical twins, one could tell them a part simply by their mannerism. While Zan was very out going, Max was quite shy. But, both showed strength and wisdom beyond their years. They showed respect to the people and in return both earned the people's respect back. They both were truly born to be King and it was easy to see either in that position, but only one would be able to become the future King.

King Alexander made it a point to raise them both to be a King, for not even he knew which of his sons would someday hold the position. His pride in both his son's was easily seen as he loved both of them equally. It was in their eyes that made his heart soar with love for them as they both had their mother's eyes. A soft brown coloring with soft specks of gold that took on an almost amber coloring. He also took note how both of his son's encouraged their twin in all their accomplishments. That was the main reason he had wanted to keep their future a secret for as long as possible. He wanted his son's to be close and not in a constant state of competition with each other. After fifteen years, he felt proud that he had accomplished just what he had wanted for both his sons.

On their sixteenth birthday, after the party guests had left King Alexander knew it was time to fill his son's in on what was surely going to change their lives forever. "Zan, Max, I need you to follow me. There is something that I need to speak with both of you about."

Being the obedient sons they were, both easily followed their father without hesitation. Their father led them down to what they always called his private chamber, as neither were ever allowed inside this part of the castle. When they were younger and exploring their home, they had stumbled across this same door, but were quickly reprimanded and told that only the King was allowed beyond that door. Although through the years, both were curious about what laid beyond the door, neither was willing to go against their father's command. So when their father lead them to the door that they had spent many a nights wondering what could possibly be back there that their father had kept hidden from them, they were both a little apprehensive. Upon entering the chamber the door shut quickly behind them and both Zan and Max stared at the magnificent structure before them.

Ever since they were old enough to be taught, both Zan and Max had heard stories about the Granolith. Mostly legends of the living machine that was capable of more power then any man's imagination. But, the myths were just that, a myth or so they had thought. Until this moment, they never imagined that the Granolith really did exist.
By their awe struck appearance, it was easy to see they were having a hard time believing what their eyes were seeing. With Zan being the less shy of the two, it was he who asked the question both of them were wondering. "Is this the Gr..Granolth?"

Nodding his head, King Alexander answered. "Yes, Zan. The Granolith really does exist, but as you can see it has been dormant for many years."

"Why?" This from Max, who couldn't for the life of him imagine why such a beautiful living machine with so much power lay dormant for so many years.

"To put it quite simply, it has been waiting for you to be born." Their father answered.

"What?" The twin's asked simultaneously.

"Let me explain." The King started, then went into detail about the royal seal, the power that the Granolith would give to the true King of Antar and then went into detail about their birth.

"So what your saying is one of us was supposed to be King, but since we were born at the same time, both of us are going to be King?" Zan was dumbfounded at the story his father had just revealed to both he and his twin bother.

"Not exactly Zan. Only one of you can be King, but since you were both born at the exact same time, which one of you that will be King is yet to be determined."

"So how is it going to be determined?" Zan questioned, his mind still trying to catch up on the fact that he was standing in the same room as the Granolith. Not to mention the fact, that the Granolith actually did exist. Max stood by his twin brother, he too was just as overwhelmed by what he had heard and the fact that the Granolith was real.

Knowing he owed his son's the truth, Alexander began his tale once again. "After your mother's funeral, the council wanted answers to tell the people of our world. So I asked the Granolith for guidance using both of you." He went on to explain how he had no royal blood inside of him, therefore he had no connection to the Granolith. But, since they were both born of royal blood, they both had a connection to the living machine. He recalled to his son's how the Granolith had extracted a drop of both their blood and used it to create a female that would be considered their other half. Then stated how it would be up to them to find their match. The one who wins her heart will be considered whole again and he would be the one who would be crowned King upon his twenty-first birthday. "I wished there was another way and I pray that the two of you will remember in the years to come that no matter what the out come of this quest may be. You are still brother's first and you never forget what the other means to both of you."

"How will we know if or when we find her?" This time the question came from Max.

"Only you can answer that question Max. She is the other half of your soul and if you follow your heart, you will find her."

"Where are we supposed to start looking for her?" Zan inquired.

"I do not have that answer, for only the Granolith knows her. For the past fifteen years I kept this secret so you both could grow to become the men you were destined to become. But, I must caution you both as once the news of this search for your Queen becomes known, you will find yourselves being sought out by a vast number of females that will be willing to do or say anything to make you believe they are the one for you."

"Sweet." Zan smirked, his mind already thinking of the possibilities of having a new female every night of the week for the next five years.

"Zan, I don't think that what your thinking is what father was trying to express." Max reprimanded his bother. He himself was already dreading the thought of what would happen if word got out about them seeking their Queen. While Zan had already started dating several females, Max had always been one to shy away from the forwardness of the girl's they had met. Girl's had always been very willing to hook up with both himself and his brother due to their status of prince.
He could only imagine how much worst it would become if the female population found out they could possibly be the one to become the next Queen of Antar.

"Max is right Zan. Do not let your heart be fooled by a female that seeks only a position in life. If you do, it could cost you the crown." His father stated. "The only advice I can give you both is to follow your hearts and not let other parts of your body persuade your mind." With that the King excused himself, leaving his sons to discuss what they had been told between themselves.

"Can you believe this shit?" Zan spoke openly with his brother once their father had left.

"I'm still trying to process the fact that the Granolith really exist." Max answered truthfully. The two of them together walked up to the massive machine, both feeling totally in awed to be in it's presence.
"Zan, I know it's going to be difficult in the next few years, but father's right about one thing. I don't want to lose my brother over a contest, even with what the winner will get."

"Come on bro, you and me we're brothers, we'll always be brothers, no matter if one of us wears a crown or not. Now, let's talk about the fun the two of us are going to have searching for our Queen." He slapped his palms together, swishing them back a forth. "So how do you want to do this, alphabetically or should we just go with direction? You want east of the castle or west?"

Rolling his eyes at his brother's antics, Max couldn't help but laugh at his brother's suggestion. "As tempting as that sounds, I doubt it's going to be as easy as you think Zan. I mean what if she isn't even on this planet or even in this galaxy."

"Well, there's only one way to find out. I think I'm going to start with Debbie Hines, man she has one fine looking ass."

"Debbie Hines, really? I kind of thought her ass was a little too large for my taste. Can you imagine how big her butt's going to become once she has kids? No thanks." Max joked back at his brother, just because he wasn't into dating like Zan was, didn't mean he was a prude when it came to talking about the female population.

Smirking at his brother, Zan joked back. "Yeah, your probably right, but hey since one of us has to find out to be sure. I guess I'll just have to sacrifice myself for the cause." And with that one statement, it became an inside joke for the next couple of years. Whereas Max took on a more scientific aspect of their mission, Zan continued to claim he would sacrifice himself once again for a new flavor of the week. While Zan played, Max looked for a solution. Max had taken his father's warning literally, but Zan found too much fun in being accepted by so many woman that he couldn't have cared less about consequences.

By the time they had completed their schooling, Zan bragged that he had successfully deflowered over half the female population and Max was almost sure he was speaking the truth. Whereas Max had yet to be tempted by the many females that had literally thrown themselves at him. Zan warned him that if he didn't get out and have some fun, he would never stand a chance in finding their soul mate. Max come back was always the same. "When I find the one, I'll know it." But, the more Zan played, the more Max's words of that first day they had discovered what their destiny was to be came more and more likely. It was possible, that the one they were seeking was more than likely not even on their planet and finding her was going to be a lot more difficult than Zan had originally thought.

End Pt1
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!! I'm glad to see that everyone still seems to be enjoying this fic so far. Like I stated before, this is a totally different kind of fic than I'm use to writing. Here is the new part, hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

For Disclaimer & Summary see Prologue

Part 2

For three years Max had witnessed his brother date so many women that it boggled his mind. Instead of going his brother's route, Max decided to use his brain in lieu of his body to seek the right one. So he threw himself into his studies for three years and after three years he had successfully created a genetic substance that would determine if a female was his genetic match. All he would need was a small piece of the female's DNA and then entered it into a computer program he designed to see if there was a possibility of a match. The only problem was that he couldn't get the formula to be a hundred percent accurate, only about ninety-three percent. Taking the knowledge that the female would be around his age, he began to eliminate those that didn't met the age criteria. Then he had put together a team of scientist from not only Antar, but from the other four planets in his galaxy for them to gather the necessary DNA of the female population that met the age criteria.

The number of females that met the criteria of both the genetic match and the appropriate age dwindled the possible candidates quite dramatically, but there were still more possibilities than Max had anticipated. Even though Max took a more scientific approach in their quest, he never held his information back from Zan. Although Zan was less skeptical about finding his future Queen by use of a computer to find out if they were genetically matched or not, he supported his brother's efforts.

Max, however wasn't nieve and definitely wasn't convinced that the one they were seeking was for sure even in their galaxy. After all, wouldn't that be the ultimate test from the Granolith to see if they would look beyond what was right in front of them. So he continued to reach outward into the stars to several of the other galaxies around them. Some planet's seemed so out of reach, while other's seemed too uncivilized or unintelligent to even consider his other half to be raised there. When he sought out the Milky Way galaxy, he discovered the third planet from their sun to be the only plant with somewhat intelligent live forms on it within that galaxy. Although they were considered primitive compared to where the technology of Antar was, they did show signs of intelligence and therefore, Max was determined to discover if there was any possible candidates on that planet also.

The planet known as Earth had just recently discovered space travel beyond their planet's moon so when Max sent down a team of diplomatic representatives, he cautioned them as to what to expect. As when he had approached all the other world's that he had wanted to get DNA samples of, he had used a bogus excuse. Not wanting to let out the secret both he and his father thought would be best to keep. So instead of stating it was find his perfect genetic match, he had stated it was to help their people find genetic matches that could be used to cure different diseases. Unlike Antar, Max had learned that many world's carried different diseases and the excuse was easily accepted.
It was a myth that with the Granolith's help, diseases were simply eliminated on Antar many generations before. But, now that Max knew that the Granolith was more then a myth, he surmised that myth was much more true than just a legend.

As with many of the primitive planets that Max had sent a diplomatic team to, his first reports were that the planet held concerns of a possible take over. Max always laughed when he read those first reports from a new planet. Antar was a planet of peace, thoughts of trying to take over another planet was just too hilarious to even consider. Probably due to the fact that Antar was one of the richest planets in all the hundreds of galaxies around. They had no need to invade or want to attempt a take over of another planet. They were a planet of peace that had discovered that a good defense was so much better than any offense generations before Max was even born. Considering the power the Granolith had, it was easy to see how other planets would want to attempt to take over their planet. But, their defenses were more then adequate to allow them a peaceful life and not live in fear.

Max wasn't nieve he knew what war was and why other planets fought, but then again they didn't have the kind of defenses that Antar had so he could understand why they felt as vulnerable as they did. However, Max had horned his diplomatic abilities to a fine art and once he had communications established with the government of the planet's he wished to establish a relationship with, it didn't take long for that planet to realize Antar was not a threat to them. In his search for his other half, Max had made more allies in more galaxies then any other individual had even imagined without even realizing what he was doing. For his quest to be successful, he felt it was only fair to offer planets with less technology a better way of life in return for their offer of the DNA samples he had sought out. It was a win, win situation for both planets as far as Max could see.

Once he had established a relationship with Earth and offered them several different technologies far beyond their years, it came as no surprise when they offered to send a few of their top scientific minds to Antar to help in his research. Doctor Mark Jenson would be heading up the expedition along with two of his assistants, Doctor William Curtral and Doctor Elaine Burgman. A government liaison would also accompany the good doctor, along with his up and rising protege that was still enrolled at Harvard University, a Ms. Elizabeth Parker. Max had studied up on Earth's culture prior to sending his team down to the planet and knew that Harvard University was considered one of the best school's on the planet so he was very exited to be able to meet a student of such an elite school.

When the party from Earth arrived, Max had wanted to greet them personally, but he had been detained and missed the opportunity. He did however, make sure to invite the party to a formal dinner in the castle with a sincere apology about not being present himself upon their arrival. He knew what the proper protocol was, after all he had been raised to be a King and his diplomatic ways eased the minds of his invited guests. The only disappointment of the evening was that Ms. Parker hadn't attended dinner as she had been so impressed with the technology available to them at the labs, she had opted to stay and learn more. "Ms. Parker sends her apologies, but she is very committed to her studies and I for one cannot fault her for being an over achiever." Dr. Jenson had stated and Max graciously accepted the apology, knowing he was the same way with his own studies.

The team from Earth was slated to stay for approximately six months according to Earth's calendar year, so Max knew he would get the opportunity to meet Ms. Parker sooner or later. From the little information he had gathered about the young woman, she sounded just like him. Shy, quiet, well mannered and even for a primitive planet such as Earth, she was considered highly intelligent. What impressed Max the most was her extraordinary love for science, much like himself.

The next day Max brought Zan to the laboratories for him to get a chance to meet the team from Earth. Zan had been otherwise detained the evening before with another one of his many dates, so he had yet to be introduced. The twin brother's stood at the observation window for a few minutes so Max could point out the various individual's that were all there to offer their own assistance. There were scientists from not only Earth, but Zoltac, Parismo, Centuroro, Balistam and Telcron.
These were just a few of the different planets from various Galaxies that Max had met up with over the past year. Several planets had come and gone when it was determined no genetic match would be found, but Max had assured them they would always be other ways that they could be useful to one another in the future to keep the diplomatic relations between their planets in a positive light when they parted ways.

Dr. Jenson was the first to notice the young man that had made such an impact on his planet and hurried over to greet him once again. Max was quick to introduce his brother Zan and the two of them seemed to hit it off just as well as Max had. After all Zan had been schooled in diplomatic procedures the same as Max and he too showed off his ability to make the representative from Earth feel welcomed. Just as Max had done a few moments before the doctor made his appearance to the twin brothers, Dr. Jenson took a moment to point out his assistants. He then pointed in the direction of a young woman Max had yet to met himself. She wore a white lab coat and her dark hair was pulled up in a tight bun. Both Max and Zan took note of how small her form was from the back as she stood facing away from them working on something with one of the scientists from Zoltac. "That is my protege, Ms. Elizabeth Parker." He stated as he pointed to the young woman.

"You said her name is Eliza..beth?" Zan questioned, clearly picking up on the part of her name that was the same as his mother's had been.

"Why yes, Elizabeth Parker. Let me introduce you to her, if I can pull her away from her experiment that is." Dr. Jenson joked.

Max had picked up on what Zan had been asking immediately feeling something inside of him when his eyes had laid upon her form. It was a feeling he had never felt before and he had no idea what it was that was causing him to feel this strange sensation. Maybe it was just the fact that the young Earth girl carried almost the same name as his mother and that's what had made him so interested in meeting her in the first place. But, Max wasn't sure. All he knew for sure was that he definitely couldn't wait to meet the young woman. Quickly he spoke up without even thinking first, which was quite unlike Max. "Yes, please. We promise not to keep Ms. Parker from her work long, but I..uh..we would like to meet her." Max quickly tried to cover his mistake, but Zan knew his brother well enough to know that for some reason this female from Earth had stirred something inside of him. Truth be told he had felt something stir inside of him the moment the doctor from Earth had pointed her out, but he had felt a similar stirring from many women that he had been with over the years. For him, it was not an unusual occurrence, but for Max, it was a new experience.

Just as Dr. Jenson had called out to Liz to gain her attention, the Zoltic scientists tried to add a new substance to the experiment and before Liz could stop him, the experiment they had been working on, exploded. Causing the jellied like substance to spray all over both Liz and her otherworldly partner. Both Max and Zan watched as the brown jellied substance dripped unceremoniously down the young woman's hair and face. Stirrings or not, Zan wasn't interested in a woman who was drenched in brown gulp covering her face. There were far too many fish in the sea to be concern with one that caused a slight rumble in his stomach that was covered in yuck. Slapping Max on the back, he joked. "I think I'll let you take the sacrifice on this one bro." With that he made a hasty excuse and left his brother to his experiment.

Dr. Jenson stood in shock at what he had witnessed. After all he had been bragging about Ms. Parker's accomplishments to the young prince the night before and was devastated by what had just occurred. He had never seen his protege make such a disastrous mistake in any of her experiments before and he was obviously shocked at the mess of a girl that stood before him. Max on the other hand had seen what had happened. While it was obvious that the other's in the room seemed to be blaming the young girl for the error for which had caused the explosion. Max had been watching the young girl and had seen her trying to stop the Zoltic scientist from causing the error. But, the Zoltic was supposedly the top in his field and Ms. Parker was just a young woman so it was easy to place the blame on her in lieu of where it should have been placed. He was quick to make his move and reassure the young woman that what had happened was not her fault, but before he could reach her. She was already apologizing to the other scientists in the room and then quickly bolted out of the laboratory in embarrassment.

The other scientist in the lab were quick to offer their sympathy to the Zoltic scientist. Even though none of them had really witnessed the actual incident itself. Even Dr. Jenson who was supposed to be Ms. Parker's mentor was apologizing to the Zoltic scientist. What surprised Max the most was when the Zoltic scientist made the comment.
"Just see that Ms. Parker knows her place in the lab from now on."

"Of course. Once again I do apologize for my protege, she is young, but usually much more careful. I will make sure she understands that she will need to be more careful in the future." Dr. Jenson stated, after all it was their first day on a new planet and he didn't really want to start off on the bad side and cause an international incident the very first day.

"Very well, if you'll excuse me. I need to get myself cleaned up." The Zoltic scientist excused himself and left the laboratory.

Max was quick to follow, unsure why he felt the need to protect the young Earth girl's reputation. But, his sense of protection of her was too strong to ignore. It didn't take him long to catch up with the Zoltic scientist. "Agariio, may I have a moment." Max was usually very polite in nature and very seldom did he lose his control. But, what he had just witnessed made his blood boil and he had to take extra precautions when he spoke to the Zoltic.

Agariio, the Zoltic scientist was quick to respond to the prince of Antar. After all Zoltic owed much to this young prince. No other Antarian royal had ever even attempted to make relations with Zoltic even though Zoltic had wished to form a relation with Antar for quite sometime now. There was much their two planets could offer each other and while Zoltic was not as rich in resources as Antar, it still considered itself a highly rich with resource planet. "Prince Maxwell, how may I be of assistance to you this fine day?"

"I just wanted to say I witnessed the exchange earlier and I'm a little concern that..."

Before Max could even get out his sentence, Agariio was quick to jump on the band wagon to have the royal prince of Antar's sympathy also.
"I couldn't agree with you more your highness. But, as Dr. Jenson explained the girl is young. She will learn her place one of these days and I can...."

"Agariio, I believe you misheard me. I stated I witnessed the exchange earlier and while I'm a bit concerned a great scientists as yourself is willing to place blame on an incident that you yourself caused on one so young. I can't help, but feel a bit offended that you would use your own mistake as a way to gain my sympathy. I truly hope that I have misunderstood your words."

The Zoltic stood in shock for a moment, realizing his mistake at taking advantage of the situation and taking advantage of the young protege of the Earth scientist Dr. Jenson. "I owe you an apology, Prince Maxwell. I am sincerely sorry."

By the tone of his voice Max could tell the scientist was not only sorry for what he had done, but also quite embarrassed at the fact that he had been caught red handed. Even with that, Max couldn't help the feeling that he still needed to protect the young Earth girl. "It is not I you owe your apology to sir. I would however, feel a great deal better knowing that a man such as yourself is big enough to admit his mistakes and takes the time to admit his error." Letting the Zoltic know he would accept his apology if and when Ms. Parker accepted his apology. It took a good man to admit his mistakes, it takes a great man to own up to them. Max's father had taught him that lesson and it would be a lesson he had taken to heart.

"I will make this right, Prince Maxwell. You have the Zoltic word on it." Agariio stated sincerely. Max only nodded before leaving the Zoltic scientist to his own thoughts.

Max knew what he had done was the right thing, but something else was bugging him about why he had made an issue out of this matter. Why did he feel so protective of the young Earth girl? What was that fluttering feeling he had gotten when his eyes first laid upon her? He hadn't even met the girl, nor had he even seen her face. But, there was just something about her that he could not pin point. Something that screamed for him to be around her, with her. For the first time in his life, Prince Maxwell Philip realized how much he wanted to get to know a female in every way possible.

End Pt2
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

Hey all, thanks for the FB. I'm glad your still enjoying it so far. Here's the next part, I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Part 3

It had been two long days since the incident in the lab, two days since Max had seen the young Earth girl that had such an effect on him. He had yet to meet her personally, but not by his choice. For as many times as he had found himself in the laboratory checking the latest development on his experiment, at least that was the excuse he told himself. To his dismay she hadn't made an appearance. He wanted to question Dr. Jenson if she was okay, but he didn't want the great scientist from Earth to become suspicious of why he was inquiring about her. She didn't attend the dinner parties that he would arrange and his curiosity was getting the better of him. If he didn't know better, he would have thought she was trying to avoid him. Of course, that was crazy, they hadn't really even met yet and Max was getting impatient with that thought. He had only really seen her for just a split second before the explosion in the lab. It was just a second in time, but that one small second was all it took to make his heart skip a beat. The more she wasn't around, the more intrigued he became and soon he was determined to meet the young Earth girl once and for all.

Elizabeth Parker, Liz to her friends and family at home, was believed to be this scientific genius way beyond her years. In fact, that was the only reason she had been invited on this fascinating trip to begin with. Her mentor Dr. Jenson, held her in high regard and she wanted to make him proud. So she constantly drove herself hard to make Dr. Jenson proud of her accomplishments. She rarely dated at all, because she constantly pushed herself to work harder. In fact, the only time she ever went out was when her best friend would visit and literally force her to go out on a blind date. Liz wasn't without looks, she had several men ask her out regularly, but she was just too busy with her latest project to take time out for meaningless relationships. Liz was a romantic by heart and she always felt that there was someone out there for her. She just knew when she meet that someone special she would know instantly.

That's why she had been so shocked that first day in the lab. It was only for a mere second that she had seen the twin's. They were devastatingly handsome. With dashing good looks, soulful golden brown eyes that looked as if they could pierce a persons soul. They were lean and muscular and in just that one-second, Liz's heart had skipped a beat. Then disaster had struck and she had been embarrassed beyond belief. Even after the Zoltic scientist had come to her quarters and bid her an apology, Liz still couldn't face her fellow peers. Couldn't take the chance on coming face to face with them.

But, Liz was here for a reason and her scientific mind wouldn't let her hide away in her cabin. So it was late that first night she had gone back to the laboratory. The technology these aliens had was unbelievable and she was in paradise. Yes, her main passion was science and it showed in her work. But, Liz was also interested in computer systems and had an unusual knack for being able to hack into even the most advanced systems known to mankind. Liz blamed her other best friend Alex on getting her hooked on computers and now she used computers as a way to take her mind off of things. So when she had returned to the lab that night, instead of working on the experiments, she sat in front of the alien systems. It had taken her a couple hours to get the hang of it and once she got the basic of the equipment down, she was off and running.

She had hacked into many systems before in her lifetime and took pride in her ability to learn and discover so many knew things through her hacking time. Liz had discovered early on in life that she had a photographic memory and once she read something it just stuck with her.
She had graduated early with honors from high school and at nineteen years of age she was well on her way to earning her doctrine at Harvard University. She had met Dr. Jenson at the age of seventeen and he had taken her under his wing. For the past two years, Liz had never been more impressed with an individual, then she was with Dr. Jenson. But, as she sat in front of the alien system, she had never dreamed of half of the things she was able to discover. Liz had never been one to be easily impressed, yet she couldn't stop absorbing the information that she was reading through the alien system.

It was when she hacked into the personal journal of the great Prince Maxwell Philip that she got the shock of her life. At first when she had hacked into his private journal, her first thoughts were to exit out of the program. But, the prince intrigued her mind that she found herself reading through his private studies. What she found shocked her more than anything she had read in her life. This great prince wasn't gathering DNA from individual's to help him discover some massive cure for disease all over the universe as she and the other's had been lead to believe. No, he was looking for a female match. A perfect genetic match to allow him to gain access to the throne and to grant him some kind of unlimited power through something called a Granolith.

Needless to say, Liz being a romantic by nature. The thought of trying to find your perfect match through a computer was absurd. Sure on Earth there were many people who used a dating service via the Internet to match them together with people who held similar interests. But, what Prince Maxwell was doing went way beyond that. He was literally looking for a genetic match. Reading further, Liz discovered the reason behind why the great prince was doing this. She read about his birth, about his twin brother and how Prince Alexander had chose to look for his perfect match by dating every female he came across. While Liz wasn't into seemingness dates, she did give Prince Alexander credit for at least being out there and attempting to find the right one, the way nature had intended.

So for the next few days Liz stayed in her quarters, avoiding both the twins to try to think through the information she had discovered. In the end her scientific brain made her intrigued with the experiment Prince Maxwell was trying. So she made her decision, she would confront the great prince and let him know she knew the truth and she would willing help him try to find his perfect match. But, no matter how much she pictured his soulful golden eyes, she wouldn't let her heart enter the picture. She would help him, but she would keep their working relationship strictly professional. And under no circumstances would she allow her own DNA to be tested. That way she could keep her morale standards and still continue on as part of the team.

The next morning Liz was up earlier than usual, ready to begin the experiment with new eyes. After dressing in her normal lab attire and eating a small helping of what she assumed was Antar's form of toast, she walked to the laboratory with her head held high and with determination in her steps. She was disappointed when she discovered Prince Maxwell wasn't there yet, for she was ready to confront the great prince immediately. But, Liz was patient or so she told herself and went to work with Dr. Jenson. Apologizing once again for her absence of the past few days, claiming she must have gotten ill do to the change in atmosphere. Which was silly really considering Earth and Antar's atmosphere were highly similar, but Dr. Jenson seemed to understand and accepted her apology.

She worked side by side with Dr. Jenson most of the day and her disappointment at not seeing Prince Maxwell again gained with each hour that past. She had wanted to ask Dr. Jenson about the young prince, but she didn't want him to get the wrong idea so she stewed silently to herself. It wasn't until well after lunch time that Dr. Jenson mentioned how King Alexander had requested both his sons to join him for a trip to the other side of the planet for the day to help settle in a new township that was formed there. From Dr. Jenson she had learned the royal family took their responsibility to their people very serious and were always there to help them in any way they could. Needless to say, Liz was even more impressed by the stories she had heard throughout the day of the good deeds the King and his twin sons had done to help their people out.

The one thing about Antar that differed greatly from Earth. There was no power struggle here, no back stabbing. The people worked together as a team and they lived in a peaceful harmony with one another. There was no war, no famine, no homeless. Everyone had a place and everyone looked out for the other. The life styles of the Antarians was almost like a dream come true, a paradise and it didn't take Liz long to see why Antar was looked upon as one of the richest world's in all the different galaxies. She also learned while there was no sickness here, the experiments that Prince Maxwell had been working on, had indeed discovered many cures to diseases other planets had been plagued with.
In his search for his perfect genetic match, he had also discovered cures from one planet for another to help those planets rid themselves of a virus or disease that had plagued them for centuries. The more she learned about Prince Maxwell the more her heart wanted to yearn for him, but she kept her emotions in tact. She wasn't about to become a part of his experiment, still vowing to keep her own DNA out of the equation.

That evening she choose to have a quiet dinner in her room since she knew neither of the two prince's would be entertaining their guest at the castle. By the time bed time came she couldn't get her mind to shut off. Images of the two prince's kept replaying in her mind and after an hour of trying, she finally gave up. Getting dressed once again she decided to return to the lab and play with the alien computer system once again. Figuring if she could get her mind off the soulful eye individuals that plagued her mind, she could finally get some sleep. As she had predicted the labs were empty. She went straight to the computer system and turned on only the desk lamp that gave the darken room a soft glow just at the desk itself.

In fact the lab itself was so dark that Liz hadn't seen the lone individual that had been sitting quietly at the far end of the lab. This is where Max had found himself quite often late at night. The lab gave him some kind of peaceful place that he felt at home to just sit in the dark, quite room late at night to think. Max had noticed the young Earth girl the moment she came in the room. Not so much noticed, but sensed her. He quietly watched as she moved gracefully through the lab to one of the high tech computer systems and was intrigued at the way she booted the system up like it was nothing. Her ability to get into the system itself was unbelievable, as the technology he had learned about Earth was no where near as advanced as Antar's systems were. But, it was even more amazing the way she seemed to move throughout the system as if it was second nature to her.

It wasn't only her ability that was intriguing Max. Her hair was down from the tight bun that she had worn it the first time he had seen her and even in the soft light he could tell it was long and looked as silky as the finest silk. His imagination went wild with fantasies about running his fingers through her hair and he just knew it would be as soft to touch as it looked. Finally getting up his courage he rose from his chair. Something inside of him was just aching to meet this intriguing individual. Walking as quietly as possible he reached the desk she sat at without her even realizing he was there. "Ms. Parker, right?" He whispered out hoping not to startle the young woman. He had previously always referred her as the young Earth girl, but the individual he came face to face with was no girl. She was a woman, a woman that made his heart skip several beats as his eyes drank in her beauty.

Startled by the other presence in the room, Liz immediately jumped away from the desk. "I'm so..sorry. I didn't realize anyone else was in here." She stated quickly, not even bothering to look at who the individual was that had startled her.

Max could see her panic at being startled and went immediately into action. "Please forgive me, I didn't mean to startle you. I don't believe we've been introduced as of yet. I'm Prince Maxwell." He held out his hand to her in a show of friendship in hopes that she would be less frightened once she knew who had startled her to begin with.

The moment she heard him speak his name, Liz's fidgeting stopped and she looked at the hand that was stretched out to her. She had never met royalty in her life and she wasn't sure if she was supposed to bow to him or what. But, bowing didn't feel right so she wiped her palms on her pants legs that seemed to become sweaty and went to shake hands with one of the men that had filled her mind with fantasy after fantasy. Meeting his eyes for the first time, she introduced herself.
"Elizabeth Parker, I..." Her hand reached his and a shot of electricity that wasn't painful, but tingled every sense of her nerves to their core. A burning desire raced through her blood from his simple touch and Liz found her voice had disappeared in the lump that formed in her throat.

Max too had felt the instant connection to this young woman the moment she had placed her hand within his. His eyes locked with hers and magic sparks of desire raced through him. He was helpless, he couldn't move, couldn't speak. All he could do was look into those beautiful big doe brown eyes. The two of them stood in a comfortable silence as the minutes clicked by. Both so lost in the other's eyes, but neither willing or wanting to pull away. Neither had experienced anything like what they were feeling and even though it scared both of them to death, it also exhilarated both of them completely.

A loud clatter in the hallway outside the lab was what had finally broken the spell the two of them found themselves cast in and Liz reluctantly withdrew her hand. They were both shy, introverted souls, but neither felt uncomfortable with the silence that had been cast over them. In fact, it was almost too comfortable, as if they had known each other all their lives. It was Max who finally found his voice to break the silence once their look into my eye spell had been broken. "I truly did not mean to startle you, Ms. Parker."

"I know, I'm sorry for my behavior. I just wasn't expecting to see anyone in here, Prince Maxwell."

"Please, call me Max." Throughout his years, Max had come to terms with being called Prince Maxwell. His father had taught him it was a show of respect from the people and it was expected through diplomatic relations. Only his very close friends, Michael, Rath and his family ever really called him Max. But, for some reason, Max didn't want to be just a Prince or have just diplomatic relations with the young woman that stood before him. He wanted her to see him as just Max, a man that was falling quickly into the chocolate brown eyes once again.

"Only if you call me Liz." Liz replied, she wasn't use to all the formal greetings that everyone used here. She had always just been Liz to her family and friends. At Harvard, most people either addressed her as Elizabeth or as Ms. Parker. But, then the man who stood in front of her, she wanted to consider him a close friend. Hell, who was she kidding, she wanted him to consider her as an intimately close friend. God, he has gorgeous eyes, she thought to herself.

"Liz." Her name rolled off his lips easily and just the sound of the way he said her name was music to Liz's ears.

She gave him a shy smile and whispered back. "Max." The two found themselves once again staring into each other's eye. Max couldn't stop himself from taking a step closer to her. The desire to be closer to her giving him the courage to do just that. But, the moment he stepped closer, they both could feel the air shifting between them. Passion was bursting and this time it was Liz that found herself pulling away, her shyness over coming the safe feeling that she felt in his presence. "I didn't mean to disturb your time here. I really should be heading back to my room. It was a pleasure to meet you. I'll..uh...Good night." With that she fled from the lab as quickly as she could without trusting herself to look back at Max.

It was crazy, she had never ever experienced anything like that before and had never ever wanted to throw herself at a man like she wanted to with Max. If she had stayed for another minute she wouldn't have been held responsible for her actions. He was a prince, with the possibility of becoming a King someday. She was just a small town girl from the planet Earth. What was she thinking? Not to mention he was on a mission to find his perfect match, not because of love, but by a computer genetic match. What was she thinking? She asked herself once again. She ran quickly back to her quarters, got undressed and hit the bed quickly. This time she fell asleep with dreams of amber color eyes with gold flecks sparkling in them, that looked deeply into her soul.

End Pt3
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

I'm back with another part. This story is becoming fun to write because it's AU and I can make it as fairy tale as I want. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Anyway on with the new part. Hope you all enjoy it, let me know what you think.

Part 4

The next morning Max made sure he was in the laboratory bright and early.
His mind hadn't stopped thinking about the brown eyed beauty since the night before, actually since he had first saw a small glimpse of her on that first day he hadn't been able to get her out of his mind. The other scientist were just beginning to arrive and when Dr. Jenson and his party made their appearance it took all of Max's control not to rush over to where Liz was. She was once again decked out in her usual laboratory attire, from the long white coat to her long silky hair pulled up into a tight bun. What he wouldn't give to be able to undo her bun and let his fingers slide through her silky strands.

Dr. Jenson noticed Prince Maxwell immediately and made his way to their host. "Good morning Prince Maxwell, how are you on this fine day?" He inquired pleasantly.

"Quite well actually and yourself Dr. Jenson. Are you finding your quarters sufficient to your liking?" Max asked back, always the diplomat. He had made sure the quarters for the Earth guests were more then adequate prior to their arrival. Especially since this would be the first time the Earthlings had ventured out in space travel and were introduced to more than just Earthlings. Most of the individuals from different planets did exhibit the same features as Humans, but some did not and Max had not wanted to frighten the new space travelers. So he had made it a point to make sure they quarters were as homely as possible. He tried to make sure he kept his eyes on the lead scientist from Earth, but periodically he found them wondering back to the small woman that stood just behind Dr. Jenson.

"Our accommodations are more than adequate your highness. Thank you for your inquiry." Dr. Jenson returned.

Max then turned to the other two scientists in Dr. Jenson's party. "Dr. Williams, Dr. Burgman, how are you both this fine day?" He inquired to be polite to all his guest.

"Very well, thank you."

"Yes, very well." The two other scientists replied to the prince's inquiries.

"Prince Maxwell, I don't believe you've had the pleasure to meet my young protege as of yet." Max was just about to state he had the pleasure of meeting Liz the night before when Liz quickly spoke up.

"No, we haven't had an opportunity to meet as of yet."

"Well, then let me introduce you two. Prince Maxwell Philip meet Ms. Elizabeth Parker." Dr. Jenson introduced the two young individuals without any knowledge that they had already met the night before.

"Prince Maxwell, it's an honor to meet you." Liz curtsied formally to the young prince.

"The pleasure is mine, Ms. Parker." He nodded formerly in her direction. Wondering why she had decided to not reveal that they had already met. He was dying to have a moment alone with her once again, but knew she would feel uncomfortable if he asked her for a moment alone. "I realize your time here is precious so I will take my leave. Dr. Jenson, Dr. Williams, Dr. Burgman, Ms. Parker. I hope we get a chance to converse at dinner this evening." Max stated and then slipped by the Earth scientist, but not without accidentally brushing against Ms. Parker. The same electricity of desire shot right through him as he did, proving to Max that the night before wasn't just a fluke. There was something about this young woman, he wasn't sure what it was, but there was definitely something there. It also didn't go unnoticed by him her sharp intake of breath as his body came in contact with hers. He got about three steps away before turning back to the group. "Ms. Parker, I just realized that you were not among the group when I had arranged a tour of the castle. If you would be interested in having a tour, I would be more then happy to arrange it."

Liz had awoken with new determination to keep her mind on the experiment once again and to keep her mind from seeing the soulful amber eyes of her host. When she had walked into the lab with Dr. Jenson and his assistants and saw Max, her heart began to flutter immediately. When she heard her fellow associates acknowledge Max formerly, she felt insecure about calling him Max. So when Dr. Jenson had offered to introduce the two of them, she thought it was best to keep quiet about their private late night introduction. She was holding herself together pretty well until Max brushed by her. She couldn't have held back her deep in take of breath if she had been prepared for the feeling of his touch upon her body. Closing her eyes as he continued to move past her to regain her self control once again only to have it vanish the instant he made his offer. Making the mistake she looked back in his direction to decline the offer, not trusting herself to be alone with him again. Then her eyes met his.
"I'd like that, thank you, Ma..Prince Maxwell." Catching her slip in mid sentence.

Her slip went unnoticed by her fellow associates, but not by Max who crooked a small secretive smile back at her. "Very well, why don't I get it set up and I'll be back in about an hour."

"That would be very kind of you." Max only nodded back to her acceptance and turned to leave the lab. His heart racing with joy due to her acceptance, granting him permission to give her a private tour.

The next hour was the longest hour in the history of Liz Parker's life.
She must have looked at her watch about two thousand times and the minute hand didn't seem to move an inch. She tried to get her mind focused on the experiment Dr. Jenson had set up for that day, but her mind could only see the color amber, with gold flecks. By the time Max was due back to laboratory for her tour, Liz was a nervous wreck. She felt like she was going on her very first date. But, this wasn't a date she kept reminding herself. This was her host, just being his kind self. It wasn't like he had asked her out to a movie or dinner. He had just offered to give her the same tour he had already given her fellow associates, so why was she so nervous and making such a big deal about it. She was tempted to return to her quarters and let down her hair, lose her white lab coat and dress a little more feminine then her black slacks, tank top and over blouse she had worn to the lab that day. But, she couldn't think of an excuse that wouldn't raise suspicions of why she would want to do that by her fellow associates.
At least she could lose the lab coat at the door without anyone thinking twice about it.

Max arrived back at the lab at precisely one hour later. He spoke with a few of the other scientists that were there from other world's, then made his way over to her. "Ms. Parker, are you ready for your tour now or is this not a good time?" He inquired, not wanting to pull her away from her work if it wasn't convenient. Even though every fiber of his body screamed for her to say she would come with him, he wasn't about to force her.

"Go ahead Elizabeth, we can finish this part and we'll meet back up later. The castle is very impressive and you should have the opportunity to see where you will be spending the next six months of your life." Dr. Jenson coaxed. Elizabeth was a hard working young lady and in the past few years he had noticed how she had basically given up her social life for her work and studies. Although the work they were doing was very important. Seeing another part of another world was also just as important for someone so young as Ms. Parker. He truly wanted her to have the full experience that Antar had to offer. Little did he know just how much of that full experience the young prince that stood beside her was dying to offer her.

"All right, I guess I'm ready. Let me just hang my lab coat up and then I'm all yours...Uh.. I mean, I'll be ready to go." How embarrassing was that? I can't believe I just said that I'm all yours to a royal prince out loud. In front of everyone, Liz yelled at herself silently as her cheeks turned the most amazing shade of pink that Max had ever seen. She quickly went to the lockers and removed her lab coat with Max following directly behind her. She reached up as if to begin to take her hair out of her bun, when she realized what she was doing and halted her movements.

Max's eyes were following her every movement, he couldn't stop looking at her. The need to touch her again became over powering as they walked to the doors of the laboratory. Placing his hand on the small of her back, he glided the two of them out into the hallway to begin Liz's tour. They walked in a comfortable silence down the hallway all the while Max kept his hand placed on the small of her back. Max leading, Liz following, but no words were spoken. Shy glances were exchanged, but quickly darting away in hopes the other didn't notice each other's stares. When starting down the fourth corridor, Liz finally got the courage to speak up. "So what's down this hallway?" She asked hesitantly, they had walked down several corridors and Max had yet to tell her where they were or anything else you would normally hear about during a normal tour.

Realizing his mistake at not explaining where they were or what she would need to know about each of the different corridors as they had walked, he chastised himself for being so lost in the feel of his hand touching her back that he had forgotten what they were supposed to be doing the entire time. "Forgive me, that was rude." He then began the actual tour itself, giving Liz a much more detailed tour then he had her fellow associates. Wanting his time with Liz to extend as long as possible. He took her throughout the entire castle, telling her tales of different artifacts that his family had gathered from different world's over the centuries. It seemed so comfortable, so easy to talk to each other that both Max and Liz had lost all track of time. After touring the majority of the castle, Max took Liz outside to the royal stables. He introduced her to the most beautiful creatures she had ever seen. They were a cross between a Clydesdale horse and a unicorn only with wings. Max explain how the Wingnettes had been in his family for generations and at one time they had been the only mode of transportation for the royal family many generations back.

"Their beautiful."

"Do you want to go for a ride?" The question was out of his mouth before he even thought about it. He had already taken her away from the laboratory much longer then necessary for the tour of the castle, but he didn't want their time together to end.

Liz knew she should say no they had been gone so long already, but when she looked into his soulful eyes so full of hope, she found herself wanting to say yes. "I'd love to, but I think we should make it a short ride."

Max understood her meaning all too well. He turned to his personal Wingnette and commanded. "Whistler, come." The winged horse type creature immediately trotted out of his stall and stood before Max and Liz.

"Very impressive." Liz stated, leaving Max to wonder if she meant him or his Wingnette.

Max gave her a secret wink, then turned to his Wingnette and the animal offered it's leg as a stepping ladder. The creature stood at least six foot tall if not taller and even with the use of it's leg to help step up, Max still had to pull himself the rest of the way upon the creatures back. Liz watched his muscles contract on his arms and back as he did so, her mind wandering with fantasies of what else she would like to see Max use those strong arms for. Once he was settled upon the Wingnette's back, he offered his hand to assist Liz up.

Liz wasn't quite sure of what to do and it was obvious to Max that she was a little nervous by her hesitation. "Just take my hand and step up on his leg. He won't hurt you." He coaxed as Liz finally placed her hand into his. He lifted her easily and surprised Liz when he placed her in front of him in lieu of behind him like she had anticipated. "You ready?" He asked quite aware that she had never ridden on a Wingnette before and wanted to make sure she was ready before they began their short ride. He had placed her in front of him for that mere reason. He didn't want to take any chance that she didn't hold on tight enough and fell off the Wingnette in mid flight. With a hesitate nod, Max grabbed the reigns and commanded. "Whistler, fly."

With that the magnificent creature took off. He trotted at first out of the stable area, then with a few quick movements of his powerful wings, Liz felt them leave the ground. Her first instinct was to wrap her arms around Max's waist and hold on for dear life, but as they continued their flight, she was too impressed with the scenery to worry about the way she was seeing it. It didn't hurt that she had such a secured feeling being in Max's arms either. During their time together she had all but forgotten her determination not to let her heart fall for this man. But, now flying through the soft clouds of Antar and seeing this new world before her in the safety of his arms. She couldn't help, but let her heart yearn for something she would never be able to have.

Max too was enjoying having Liz's arms holding on to him tightly all too much to worry about how much time they were away from the castle grounds. Once they flew over the private falls, Max knew what he had to do. "Whistler, down." He commanded and the powerful animal began it's decent toward a beautiful spring like lake that had a soft waterfall cascade at the beginning of it. Liz had never seen anything more beautiful in all her life. "It's simple breathtaking."

"Yes, it is." Max answered looking directly at her in lieu of the beautiful scenery in which he had chosen to land. The Wingnette landing gracefully in a grassy field and Max hopped off first. "Let me show you a little piece of Antar." He offered as he reached out his arms to help her off the grand creature.

Liz took him up on his offer and when she scooted off the Wingnette, she found herself in Max's strong arms. Her hands on his shoulders, his on her waist. In that moment, Max couldn't help but say what he had wanted to say since first laying eyes on her. "Your beautiful."

Liz looked up with lowered eyes until hers met his. "Max." His name but a whisper on her lips.

Her tight bun had become lose during their flight and Max reached up and removed the hair pin that had been holding it in place. Letting his fingers finally feel the softness of her silky strands as they glided through her hair. He watched as her dainty pink tongue licked her lips and he knew he had to kiss her. Tilting his head downward, he all but kissed air as she quickly side stepped around him. "Let's walk down to the lake."

End Pt4
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

I'm so happy everyone seems to be enjoying this fun fic. Thanks so much for all the wonderful FB. You al are awesome. Well, here is the new part, I hope you continue to enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Part 5

"Let's walk down to the lake." She had stated, using the last of her control to step away from him. She had wanted him to kiss her, to feel the softness of his lips against hers. But, she knew it was never going to work. He was on a mission to find his perfect match and as strong as her heart was aching for his touch and his kiss. She knew she couldn't let herself have even one taste of him. For she didn't trust herself not to want more and she knew in the end it would only cause her pain. So instead she conjured up all of her will power and stepped out of his arms. Using the lake as her excuse in hopes that she hadn't offended her host. She knew she would have to explain her actions to him, but right now she needed a moment to gather more of her control.

Max was left dazed and confused. He was sure she had wanted him to kiss her as much as he had wanted to feel her lips against his. He had no idea what was making him act this way around her. He had never been this forward with any female. In fact he had never even kissed a girl before, he hadn't even wanted to kiss a girl before Liz. Now he was acting like, well, like Zan. He had to get himself under some control.
Taking a deep breath, he nodded in response to her. "Okay, this way."

The two of them kept a small distance between them. Both trying to keep themselves from crossing a line. But, it was obvious to both parties that both wanted the line to be crossed. The lake was as beautiful from the ground as it was from the sky. Max sat at the edge of the lake and Liz followed suit. They sat in silence as neither knew what to say, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was a silence filled with longing. Filled with wanting more. Finally Max broke the silence. "Liz?"

She turned to face him. "Yes."

"I apologize if I was out of line before. I didn't mean to take advantage of you."

"You didn't, I mean you weren't, I mean I wanted. You didn't take advantage of me." She finished weakly.

"I've never met anyone in my life like you Liz. I don't know what it is about you, but I..I like being around you."

"I'd like that too Max. I'd like to get to know you... and become friends with you." She added that last part with a touch of sadness.
She wanted so much more than friendship from Max. But, that was all she could give him, knowing she didn't have any kind of future with him.

Friends, she wanted to be friends. Now Max wasn't stupid and even though he hadn't really dated too much in his years. He wasn't nieve to know when a girl wanted more then friendship with him and he was more then positive that he hadn't misread the signs from Liz. She wanted more then friendship from him, yet she denied her own feelings, but why? Why she put out all the signs that said she wanted to be with him, but when he made a move to be with her, she pulled back. Maybe there was someone else in her life already. That was a logical explanation. After all she was a beautiful, intelligent woman. It wouldn't be impossible that she was already committed to someone else.
"May I ask you a personal question?" He inquired, he had to find out the reason why she kept pulling away from him. When he knew in his heart that she wanted to be with him.

Hesitantly she replied. "Okay. What do you want to know?" She knew she was opening herself up to a whole new ball game by granting him his request. Yet, for some reason she couldn't stop herself from wanting to open up to him.

"Is there someone...special in your life?" He questioned, then held his breath awaiting her response.

"No. I've kind of put my social life on hold and threw myself into my work with Dr. Jenson and my schooling." She answered him honestly, then swallowed hard before asking her own question right back. "What about you? Do you date on Antar or is your social structure set up differently?" She had read the part of his journal where he had written about Zan's many conquest. But, the more she thought about it, Max had never written about Zan dating those woman. Only that he had been together with quite a lot of different woman trying to find the one.

"Yes, we do date. Our social structure is very similar to that of your countries from what I've read. But, when we bond to another, we bond for life. There are no what do you call them, divorces on Antar. To answer your question about me personally though, no, I haven't found the right one to date..until now." He added at the end, then watched her closely for her response to his statement.

"Max." Her soft whisper had him leaning closer to her. She too found herself following his movements. Before they got too close for them to touch in any sort of intimate way, Liz placed her hand upon his chest. Virtually stopping his advancement. "Please, don't."

"Why Liz? I feel something's happening between us and I know you feel it too. Please, I need to know what your thinking, feeling. I can't just be imagining this." He could tell she wanted to be with him as much as he wanted to be with her, but for some reason she was fighting this attraction and he just had to know why. Especially now that he knew there wasn't anyone else in her life to stop her from being with him.

Liz stood up from their peaceful setting. "We better get back." She couldn't continue to sit next to him in this paradise and not want to be with him. She knew she should explain her actions, but she still didn't have her emotions together as of yet to even try to explain. So she choose the cowards way out and ignored his questions all together,
changing the subject abruptly.

Max followed her upward, but couldn't let her go without getting some kind of answers. "Liz, please. Talk to me."

Tears filled her eyes as she lifted her head to meet his eyes. "I know the truth Max. I know why we're here. I know what you're looking for and why. Your right, I do feel something happening between us. But, all I can offer you is my friendship. Anything more and it would be too painful when I would have to let you go." She finally opened up to him and told him the painful truth. "Can you take me back to the castle now? I need to be alone, please." Her eyes pleading for him to comply with her request as another tear ran down her cheek.

Max stood dumbfounded at the thought that Liz had figured out the truth when the top scientists in the universe hadn't. How was it possible that this small woman standing before him had figured it out? Without responding, he raised his hand to her cheek and softly wiped the tear track from her face. Then took her hand in his and lead her back to his Wingnette. Their ride back was once again in silence, but this time it was a painful silence. Both longing for the other, but now both understanding that they could never have want they both longed for. Once back at the stables, Max once again helped Liz down. When she found herself in Max's arms, he pulled her flush against his body in a tight embrace. "I'm sorry Liz, I'm so sorry. I never met to hurt you."

"I know." She answered sincerely. "Friends?"

"Always." He replied honestly. With that Liz pulled away from him once again and began to walk back to her quarters. She barely got to the end of the stables when she turned back to Max.

"Max?"

"Yes."

"I had a wonderful day today. Thank you."

"I did to. Thank you."

Liz took another step then turned back to him once again. "Uh..Max? Which way is the way to my room?" Both of them broke out into a smile
at her dilemma. It was easy to read between the lines. They had been so caught up with being with each other during the tour, that Liz really had no idea which way was what. Let alone how to get back to her room from the stables.

"Come on, I'll show you the way." He quickly offered as he walked up to her, took her hand in his and lead her back to the castle and down the many corridors until they finally reached her rooms. Once there neither made any attempt to release their hands that had been clasped together since leaving the stables.

"I guess this is me." Liz finally stated as she leaned against her door frame.

"I guess so." Max stated placing his free hand on the wall beside Liz's head as he took a small step closer to her. "What if I told you I didn't care about the throne?" He asked cautiously, the thought of not being with Liz versus gaining the throne just didn't add up in Max's heart. His head leaned forward until their foreheads lightly touched.

"I could never ask you to give up your mission or your throne." Liz answered honestly looking up into his eyes.

"But, you'd ask me to give up on the one thing that I've spent my life looking for...you." Max whispered, his breath kissing her ear as he spoke softly against it. "You can't lie to me and to yourself forever Liz. Whatever this is, this emotion we both share. It cannot be denied forever. You've stolen my heart today Elizabeth Parker and I refuse to believe that you weren't the one always meant to have it."
His face nuzzled softly against her cheek as he stepped even closer to her body with his.

"Please don't say that Max. You have a destiny to fulfill. I won't stand in the way of that destiny. Please don't ask that of me." She stated as she returned his facial caresses with one of her own. Their lips so close, yet so far away at the same time for both of their desires.

"You are my destiny. Today, tomorrow and fifty years from now. I know what I feel in my heart and it's you. It will always be you." His lips grazed just next to hers, begging her to want him as much as he wanted her.

But, to Max's disappointment, once again Liz found the strength to pull away from his advances. "No, Max, I'm not. I will work with you and help you fulfill the destiny you were born to fulfill. But, I won't be a part of destroying that destiny. If you have any feelings for me at all, you won't ask that of me. It isn't fair to you nor is it fair to me. Please understand." She reached behind her and opened the door to her quarters. "Thank you again for the best day of my life. I shall never forget it. Good night, Max." With that said she quickly slipped inside the door, closing it quickly before she could give Max the opportunity to change her mind. She was so close to succumbing to her desire to being with Max. Her lips had been so close to tasting her desire, yet it became crystal clear that she had to be the strong one between the two of them. She leaned against the door, taking deep breaths and trying to calm her excited body from Max's assault. She swore she could still feel his presence around her.

Max's head was leaning against her door, still trying to get his body in enough control to be able to walk back to his room. With one final calming breath, he whispered to the door. "This is far from over Elizabeth Parker." Then turned to make the long trip back to his suite inside the castle and the much needed cold shower that he would be taking before going to bed.

End Pt5
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

I have to say writing fluff is soooo much fun. I'm glad to see you guys are having as much fun reading this fairytale as I am writing it. Thanks so much for all the FB, it keeps me motivated to want to write more even faster. Here is the next part, hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Part 6

The following morning, Max had the perfect solution to his problem. First he planned on making an extra early morning visit to Dr. Jenson.
Then if all went well, from here on out Liz would be working with him personally. After all she was the one that had stated she would help him with his quest. It wouldn't hurt the fact that he knew that she felt the same way about him that he did about her. So, what better way to make her understand that he didn't care about the crown or the power that came with that crown. Yes, at one point he had and that was before he had met her. Now that he had met Liz, he knew what was important in life and being a King compared little to having Liz's love.

With a new plan of action and a new determination in his step he got ready as quick as possible. Then set out to put his plan in motion. It didn't take much for Max to convince Dr. Jenson that he thought Ms. Parker would be a great asset for him in his personal experiments. Dr. Jenson agreed whole heartedly and accepted for Ms. Parker immediately thinking she would be more then excited to jump at the chance to work with the great prince of Antar. For his personal research was more then well known for his own accomplishments. As far as Dr. Jenson could see, it was a win-win situation. For Prince Maxwell, for Ms. Parker and for both their planets.

When Liz came out of her quarters, Dr. Jenson was there waiting for her. "Ms. Parker, I have wonderful news for you. Prince Maxwell has requested you of all the scientists here to help him out personally in furthering his own experiments. I of course, already agreed that you would be more than honored to help him out. So starting as of today you will be working with Prince Maxwell in his private lab. This is truly a great honor and I can't help but to be proud of my young protege for making such a good impression on the Prince of Antar. Congratulations Elizabeth, you've worked hard and you've earned this accomplishment all on your own."

With that said, it left Liz no opening to decline. She knew what Max was trying to do and it made her blood boil. Okay, fine. If that's the way he wants to play it, then let the games begin. She thought to herself as she smiled brightly at her mentor and acted like it was the best news in the universe that she had just been given. On the inside she didn't know if she should be angry at Max for his manipulation of the situation she found herself in. Or should she just be happy that she would be able to spend more time with a man that she knew had a great mind and try to learn as much as she could from him without letting her emotions get in the way. Either way, she was determined not to let the man who had turned her emotions upside down, get any further under her skin then he already was.

She inquired where Prince Maxwell's private lab was located, making Dr. Jenson eye her with a questioning look. "I'm surprised he hadn't showed you it during your tour yesterday."

"Uh..he did, it's just this place is so large I think half the time I was so turned around that I'm no longer sure which direction is what."
She stated trying to cover herself in the eyes of her mentor. She made a mental note to make sure to give herself another tour as soon as possible so she wouldn't make that same mistake again.

"I couldn't agree more. This place is like a city within the palace." Dr. Jenson agreed quickly accepting Liz's excuse for not knowing where Max's private lab was located. He then proceeded to explain where she needed to go, bid her good luck and left her.

Liz didn't hesitate in her actions. She immediately went back into her room and redid her attire. She put on her most professional looking outfit that really did nothing to emphasize her true figure, then made sure her hair was secured once again into the tight bun to keep her look as professional as possible. Before she left, she grabbed her black rimmed glasses that were basically just plain glass as she had perfect vision. But, she used them to make herself look more professional to her peers and last but not least she grabbed the long white lab coat making her outfit complete. Now that she looked the part of a professional scientists, she was determined to play that part for as long as Max was determined to change her mind.

She marched to Max's private laboratory with determination in her step, took a deep breath and then knocked. "Enter." She heard through the closed door.

Another deep breath and she stepped inside to let Max know exactly what she thought of his new idea when she was detoured from her original plan when she saw Max was not alone. There in his lab was his twin brother.
"Ms. Parker, I don't believe we've had a chance to meet as of yet. I'm Prince Alexander, but just call me Zan." He voice sounded cheery, but his eyes took in her appearance and Liz could tell that the impression she had wanted to make to Max, she had made with his twin brother instead. She had seen the same look on many males back at home when they saw her in her total professional get up. It was her way to detour the boys at home and at school when she felt they were trying to get too close to her and apparently from the look she had just received from Zan, it was working. At least as far as Prince Alexander was concern. She had yet to look at Max to see if she was receiving the same reaction from him.

Nodding her head in respect to Max's twin brother. "Zan, it's an honor to make your acquaintance. Please, call me Liz."

"I hear you'll be working directly with my bro here. I have to say you must have impressed the hell out of him. Since he doesn't allow hardly anyone inside his private lab." Zan joked back at her. "Well, bro, I guess that's my cue to leave you to your sacrifice. I'll see you tomorrow. Lucy Beaconnaly has my number tonight." He wriggled his eyebrows up and down at his brother before making a quick exit through the door.

Max just rolled his eyes at his brother's antics. He was use to the way his brother talked so freely in front him, it should have surprised him how liberal he spoke in front of Liz though. But, then again Liz just seemed to have that effect on both of them. Once his brother had left Max let his eyes roam over Liz and her seemingly attempt to make herself as undesirable as possible. Well, he was about to set her straight right from the start. "Just so you know, it didn't work."

Acting as if she was confused by what he had just stated, she returned. "What didn't work?"

"That." He waved his hand toward her attire. "I don't think you understand Liz. You could where a paper bag over your head and I would still find you desirable."

Looking down with disappointment in her eyes. "Max, please, don't start. If we are going to work together, you need to stop making comments like that or this is never going to work."

This time it was Max that made the disappointing looking face. "Comments like what? Your beautiful, desirable? Which comment are you referring to?"

"All of them and stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" He questioned as he moved closer to her.

"Like I'm your next meal or something. I'm a professional. I've offered my services to you last night in a professional manner and if you want my brain to be able to function clearly at all you'll stay where you are." She stated as she noticed Max's approach.

Max didn't stop at her request though. He stepped up close and within her personal space. "You know, I've found that I work at my best when I'm more relaxed actually." He reached out and unbuttoned the single white button holding her lab coat together in the front of her. Then stepped around behind her. "In fact if we are going to be working together I insist you at least look relaxed too or I won't be able to relax." He reached up and placed his hands on the edge of the lab coat by her shoulders and slowly slipped the white coat down the length of her arms. "Now aren't you already starting to relax?" He questioned as he ran his hands up and down her arms.

"Max, I..."

"Ssshhhh. I'm not finished yet." He let his hands glide up her arms one final time, then up further until they landed in her hair. Removing the pins the same as he had done the day before he let his fingers run through her silky strands. Loving the feel of their softness as they did so. The soft moan that escaped Liz's mouth only encouraged Max to continue his stroking of her long hair. After a few moments, Max stopped his movements and stepped back from her. "There, now I'd say you are relaxed enough for work."

Liz's eyes swallowed hard, she couldn't believe what he had just done.
She couldn't believe what she had allowed him to do to her. What was it about him that made her lose all her self control when she was around him? Well, that was it. That was the last time she allowed him to get to her. From here on out she was Miss Professional. "Okay, where do we begin?"

Walking back to his computer, he stated. "With the Earth samples your team brought. I downloaded all the possible candidates into my computer here. Now comes the tedious part. Each sample will need to be crossed with the same genetic coding and we see if we get any matches." His voice immediately changing from deep and erotic to professional in a matter of seconds.

Liz approached him with a bit of caution, unsure what to think of this quick change in behavior. Looking over his shoulder, she watched as he showed her what he was referring to. It didn't look too difficult, but he was correct in his statement about the work being tedious. It took him quite a few minutes to discover their first attempt resulted in a failed match. "You said you wanted to help, are you still interested?"

Biting her lower lip, she answered after only a second thought. "Yes."

"Good, then you can get started with the next one while I look into what other planets out there could have a possible match." He stood up from the computer and motioned for Liz to have a seat. The next few hours, Liz spent at the computer looking for a possible match and wasn't successful in finding one as of yet.

"This program is supposed to be ninety-three percent accurate correct?"
Liz inquired more to make conversation than anything else. After a few hours staring at the same computer screen her eyes were starting to blur and she was in desperate need of a break in the routine.

Max eyed her suspiciously before he answered her question. "Yes, that's the best mathematical calculation I could come up with so far.
I'm hoping to improved the percentage though with further studies." Liz had her back to him so she had missed his questioning look upon hearing her question. The information about the results only being ninety-three percent wasn't something many people knew. Even those who knew of Max's personal experiment, didn't have that information. Only his father, his brother and him knew it. So how was it possible that this woman from Earth knew that fact. How had she discovered the truth about his experiments to begin with for the fact? She was so intriguing to him, yet such a mystery. Beautiful, but yet she tried to hide her beauty behind professional clothes and fake glasses. There was just something about her that intrigued him all the way to his soul. With that thought, he asked. "Liz?"

"Yes, Max."

"Any luck in finding a match yet?"

"No, I'm sorry. All I've come up with so far have been negative results." She answered honestly.

"I think it's time we try the most logical DNA for my perfect match."

"Who would that be?" She turned her chair to look in his direction.

"Yours." He stated simply as his eyes met hers.

End Pt6
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

Thank you all so much for the wonerful FB. This fairytale has taken a life of it's own and I can't stop. So as long as your enjoying it, I'm going with it. It seems like everyone is split on whether Liz's DNA should or shouldn't be tested. Well, you'll have to continue to read to find out. Here is the next part, hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Part 7

Me, he wants to make me part of his stupid experiment. I can't believe he just said that. Liz screamed to herself in her mind. Taking a calming breath she replied with a quiet, "No."

"NO?" Max was baffled at her response. Her saying no was the last thing he had expected.

"I said NO!"

"Why not?" He asked still confused by her response. It made sense logically. Why he would be so attracted to her upon seeing her for the very first time? Why his stomach did flip flops whenever she was around him? Why every fiber of his being screamed out to him to be with her? The answers to those questions were so simple, because it was her that was his other half.

"Because."

Man she is the most stubborn woman. "Because why?" He rose out of his chair as he asked why for the third time.

Liz also rose from her seat behind the computer desk. "Because I want the man I fall in love with to sweep me off my feet and steal my heart away because he loves ME! Not because some genetic match on a computer tells him he should love me." She finally shouted out in frustration. What was it about him that makes me go completed crazy when I'm around him? I don't lose my temper over an experiment and it certainly wouldn't be the first time I used my own cells to help determine the out come of an experiment. Liz silently argued with herself. But, then again this was different. With all her coaching to herself she had done, she had let her emotions become a part of the equation instead of keeping it strictly business.

Max stood staring at her lowered head that now looked to the ground after her outburst. Softening his voice he walked over to where she stood. Gently lifting her chin so she would be forced to meet his eyes. "But, that's just it Liz. You've already captured my heart, this will just prove what my heart is telling me all along."

Tears were starting to gather in her eyes as she listened to his words. Gathering up her strength once again, she argued her point right back. "What if you're wrong?"

"I'm not, I can feel it here." He placed his open palm over his chest to emphasize what he was saying. Their eyes locked once again, Max full of confidence. Liz more nervous than she had ever been in her entire life.

Liz wanted to believe him, wanted to let her heart fall deeper in love with the man before her. But, what would happen if he was wrong? Would he walk away from her for a destiny that he deserved to have? No, she couldn't take that kind of heart break. She had already fallen way too deep. It was for the best to stop this now, before they went any further into that abyss. "I can't Max. Please, don't ask me to do this. I can't open myself up by taking that kind of risk with my heart. It isn't fair to me or to you."

Max could see the determination in her eyes that she was set in her decision. Yes, she was stubborn, but he was known to be just as stubborn. "Fine, we do this your way." Liz let out a deep sigh, she wasn't sure if she was happy or sad at his statement, until his next sentence came out of his mouth. "Go out with me tonight."

"WHAT?" Here she had thought he finally understood and excepted the fact that she wasn't about to stand in the way of his destiny. He finally relented about her testing her own DNA to verify if she was his perfect match and then he turns around and asks her out. She couldn't believe what he had just said.

"You stated, you wanted the man you fall in love with to sweep you off your feet and steal your heart away. I know in my heart I'm right, you are the one. So, since you are being too stubborn to try my way. You left me with no choice, but to do things your way. Ms. Elizabeth Parker, please do me the honor of going out with me this evening. I want to sweep you off your feet and steal your heart away."

His words were spoken with such passion, Liz's knees almost gave out on her. She was speechless to say the least. This was the last thing she had expected. "I..Uh..Uh.." She stuttered out, words weren't forming in any meaningful words.

"Good, I'll take that as a yes since you didn't say no. Now, I've got a few things to arrange. I'll pick you up at your quarters say at five." With that Max stepped out of the room, not wanting to give her the opportunity to come to her stubborn senses and say no.

Liz stood stunned for a few seconds before the realization of what just happened finally sank into her brain. Then the panic set it. What am I going to wear? I didn't pack anything that would be considered date worthy? I wasn't expecting to be asked out on a date while I was visiting another planet. Let alone be asked out by a prince. Oh My God! I'm going out with a prince. A real prince. Why isn't Maria here when I need her? OH GOD! What am I thinking? I can't go out with Max. Why didn't I say no? Why does he had to be so stubborn? Why couldn't he listen to reason? How much strength does he thing I have? How can I keep him at arms length, when he keeps pulling me back into his warm, safe, strong arms? I'm not even going to bring his eyes into the equation. OH GOD! I am so going to cave and when I do, I'm going to blame it all on HIM! Her mental ramblings continued until the computer she had been working on that morning beeped at her, bringing her back to the realty for which she was here in the first place.

There on the monitor was a match, a genetic match to Max and her hopes died in that instant. She wasn't the one, she wasn't who was meant to be with Max. The proof sat staring her right in the face. Her heart broke in that moment and the strong willed, intelligent woman Elizabeth Parker had grown into did the only thing she could think to do at that time. She sat down and cried.

With her hopes and dreams crushed with one simple beat from the computer, Liz had cried her eyes out for at least an hour. Stealing herself against the hard the facts that sat staring at her, Liz pushed herself up. It was time to face the music, she would go out with Max tonight and as hard as it would be. She would have to let him know what she found. She cared too much for Max to deny him his rightful place on the throne. It was his birth right, his destiny. Besides who was she to think that she had a right to date a prince. She was a no body. A small town girl from Roswell, New Mexico that just happened to be smart enough to at least see another part of the universe.

With that final thought, Liz walked back to her room to take a nice long bubble bath and to wallow in a little self pity before she had to break the heart of a man that she had fallen head over heels in love with.

When she climbed out of her bath, she was surprised to see a beautifully wrapped package sitting on her table in her quarters. Seeing a note attached, her curiosity got the better of her and she opened the note.

My Dearest Elizabeth,

I realized you may not have planned for an evening out when you signed up for this mission. So I took the liberty to have the royal seamstress fashion you an outfit for this evening. I'm pretty sure I had the right measurements. I can't wait to sweep you off your feet tonight.

Yours forever,

Max

Liz's eyes just about popped out of her skull when she lifted the lid off the package. Inside was one of the most beautiful dresses she had ever seen. She couldn't quite figure out what the material was. It was an iridescent coloring, that felt like silk, but shined like satin. Holding the beautiful dress up she wasn't at all surprised that it did in fact look as if it would be the perfect fit. It came down just past her knees, but the ends were angled in different lengths. The top of the dress was haltered and the back wide open. Also, inside the package sat almost glass looking sandals that matched the dress perfectly, along with a glass looking hair clip that was in the same design as the sandals. Although the dress looked elegant to Liz, she suspected this to be considered more casual attire to those in the royal palace. She gasped when she saw a haltered type teddy at the bottom of the package that was made of the same silky satiny material as the dress itself.

The thoughtfulness of Max once again brought tears to her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. He had thought of everything to make this night a dream come true for her and she decided right there and then she deserved one night to feel like a princess. Looking at the time, she saw that she was running late according to Maria's date preparation time table. So she quickly went back to the bathroom and began to dry her hair and put on at least some make-up. Liz was never one to wear a lot of make-up, but with the dress Max had made for her. It wouldn't seem right to not look her best in it for him. When she put the teddy on, it fit absolutely perfect and felt like she was wearing a silk glove over her body. The dress and shoes were the same, a perfect fit.
She choose to pull her hair up in a sweeping manner using the hair clip, but left a few strands down knowing Max enjoyed her hair down more than up. By the time she finished, she looked in the mirror and couldn't believe she was the same person that she had seen in the same mirror that morning. No longer did she look like the young professional scientists. No, tonight she looked the part of an alluring young woman, ready to be swept off her feet by the man who owned her heart. Not only did she look stunningly beautiful, she felt beautiful and it showed in her smile.

She didn't have time to dwell on the way she looked as the clock struck five and the knock at her door was promptly on time.

End Pt7
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

Thanks so much for all the wonderful FB. Here's the next part and I'm pretty sure ALL dreamers will enjoy this one. Let me know what you think.

Part 8

Max's breath was taken away the moment Liz opened the door. He had seen her with her hair down, but standing before him wasn't the professional scientist that had come to his private lab this morning.
No, before him stood an angel. A real life angel that his entire body, mind and soul responded to immediately upon laying his eyes upon her.
"Enchanting, that's how you look this evening." He whispered in a low husky voice.

Her eyes roamed over Max, the same as his had hers upon opening her door. He was handsome, muscular and damn sexy as hell. It took every ounce of her will power not to jump his bones right there where he stood in the hallway. His deep voice sent shivers up her spine as her desire for him peaked at an all time high. "Thank you. You look wonderful yourself." She complemented him back. The two were once again lost in the depths of each other's eyes for a few more moments.

Finally Max offered her his arm. "Are you ready to be swept away?" He stated in a joking manner, but he had spoken the truth or at least he hoped she would enjoy what he had planned. Being a prince did have it's advantages, not that Max had ever taken advantage of his position prior to this night. But, for some reason his gut told him tonight would be a do or die situation for him. Either he would win her heart completely on this evening or he was going to lose her forever. So he held nothing back when he had arranged this evening for her.

Accepting his arm, she joked back. "Sweep away." With that he did just that. He bent down and literally swept her off her feet and straight into his strong arms. "MAX! What are you doing?"

"I'm sweeping my date off her feet and this is only the beginning." He gave her a crooked smile, adding a sexy wink with one eye and began their journey with Liz still held tightly in his arms.

Giggling all the way down the corridor of the castle, Liz told him. "I can walk you know. When I said I wanted to be swept off my feet, I hadn't meant that in the literal sense."

His head bent forward and he whispered softly in her ear. "I know what you meant and I plan on fulfilling every one of those romantic dreams of yours tonight." The feel of Liz in his arms was making his heart beat ten times faster then normal. "Now relax and enjoy your evening out." He commanded as he pulled her even closer into his chest.

Liz did as instructed and just let their moment together happen. Her arm wrapped around his neck and without even realizing what she was doing. Her fingers immediately started to play with the hair at the back of his neck. Her head relaxed against his chest, while her other hand simple stroke his jaw line. This by far was the best date she had ever had and they hadn't even done anything as of yet except Max carrying her down a corridor. It was crazy, impulsive on both their parts, but for one night Liz wanted it all. She wanted a night to remember. To hell with consequences.

Her small movements were already causing Max to have a difficult time concentrating on where he was supposed to be taking her. When all he wanted to do was take her up those few flights of stairs and prove to her just how much she effected him. Reaching the end of the corridor, Max opened the double wide doors that led to the royal garden. He had set up a very romantic dinner for two on the balcony to begin their evening off with. The balcony was lit by soft light streamers that were the same color as Liz's dress. The floor was covered in soft rose pedals that also appeared to be the same iridescent color. The most beautiful soft music could be heard in the back ground and the view was nothing less then breathtaking. "Max. This is wonderful. I don't know what to say." Liz stated softly as she took in the entire atmosphere that Max had prepared for the two of them.

"Say that I've won your heart and you'll make me the happiest man alive." He returned honestly.

"Oh Max, if it was only that easy." Her happiness began to fade as reality began to take over her senses due to his words, in lieu of the fantasy she had been living for the past few minutes.

Noticing her change in mood, Max knew he had his work cut out for him. Setting her gently down on the ground, but keeping her still pulled close to him. "Let's not worry about what's going to happen tomorrow or the day after that or any part of the future. Tonight is about us, just the two of us. Let me give you at least that much Liz. You deserve at least that."

Her mood changing back to happiness instantly as his words sank inside.
"Your right, tonight we're just Liz and Max. Out enjoying each others company."

Max immediately read between the lines at her words. Letting him know that his gut instinct was correct. Liz had planned on letting him in tonight, but only for tonight. He was just thankful he had an insight that might be the case and had planned ahead. "Dance with me." He requested as he already began to move his body slowly against hers not even waiting for her to reply.

As if in total sync with his actions, Liz's feet began to move perfectly with him. Their body's swayed to the enchanting music as if the melody had been made just for them. "I've never heard music so calming, so peaceful before. Is all of Antar's music like this?" Liz asked curious about the new world she would be staying in for the next six months.

"No, actually this is the first time I've heard this melody myself."

"Why is that? It's lovely."

"Because it was only created today." He answered her honestly as they continued to move perfectly in sync with each other and the beautiful music that played softly around them.

"What?" Liz was sure she had misheard heard what he had said.

"I just entered into the computer program what I believed would match our personalities and the program created the melody. It's not that hard to do. I could show you sometime if you'd like." He stated the fact that he had created a melody just for them as if it was nothing.

"Are you for real? Is this place even real? Everything about Antar just seems like a dream, a paradise and you, you're the biggest dream of them all. I keep thinking that I'm going to wake up and this fantasy I've created in my mind will end."

"It's not a dream Liz, but I am just trying to keep my end of the deal for this evening." He stated while gliding her gently across the bed of roses that covered the floor they danced upon. The soft lights twinkling over their heads.

"What part of the deal is that?"

"To make all your dreams come true." He answered softly before lowering his head to nuzzle his cheek against the warmth of her neck.

That movement made Liz's desire sky rocket even further into the stars and she was helpless to prevent the soft moan that escaped her lips.
"Oh Max. If this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up." With that said the two of them swayed gently to the melody that was created by Max for just the two of them. Both simply satisfied with the feel of the other's arms surrounding them.

They continued their dance for quite awhile, before one of the royal servants came out to the balcony to announce their dinner was ready. Max thanked the servant and led Liz over to the table where their feast was already served. Liz couldn't help but blush at the thought of someone serving the food while she hadn't even noticed. Basically due to the fact that all she could think of was being in Max's warm, strong arms. She almost wanted to tell Max to forget the food and pull him back against her body to hold her all over again.

While some of the foods Liz recognized immediately, some were totally foreign to anything she had ever tried or heard of. Max explained the Antar specialties that were considered delicacy's on his planet. Though they looked quite different from the food she was use to eating on Earth, they tasted delicious and Liz made a point to try each and every item that was served. With their stomachs full, Max asked. "Are you ready to see the stars of Antar?"

Liz wasn't quite sure what Max meant by that question, but she didn't hesitate in her answer to him either. "I'd love to." He offered her his hand, which she accepted quickly. He led her down the flight of steps and into the garden which had the most alluring aroma from all the exotic flowers that grew there. When they came around the bend from the balcony, Liz couldn't believe her eyes. Max's Wingnette stood tall and magnificent looking with a coach anchored behind him.

The coach was white with a soft purple tint on the inside of the carriage. It almost looked like the kind of coach Cinderella was carried to the ball in only the top was opened. Max offered Liz his hand to help her step into the coach and he followed her up once she was settled. He pulled a blanket out from it's holder under them and placed it over there legs. "Looking at the stars can become chilly if one is not prepared." He explained, then once he was sure Liz was snuggled up good, he commanded. "Whistler, fly."

With that the powerful creature took off for the stars. Max didn't hesitate with his move. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders. When Liz laid her head relaxing into the crook of his arm and her hand began to slowly caress his upper chest, he had to use all his control not to attack her. "Are you sure this isn't a dream? I feel like Cinderella in a fairy tale."

Max smiled at her statement knowing his plan so far was one of success.
As they glided through the stars, Max inquired. "Are you enjoying your evening so far?"

"Very much so, I think you accomplished your mission for the night." She admitted quietly.

Gently he lifted her head from his shoulder so they're eyes could meet.
"Liz?"

"Yes."

"I cannot not kiss you. Please just.." His head lowered slowly to hers. "Let me.." His breath was yet a whisper upon her lips. "Love you.." With that he moved the final distance and ever so softly touched her lips for his first real taste of Liz. Before pulling back and looking into her eyes quickly to see she her reaction to his advances. Her face took his breath away, for she wasn't pulling away or fighting him any longer. Her lowered eyes told him she was more than okay and that was all the encouragement Max needed. Together they came together once again for another tender kiss. A kiss that started gentle and slow, but when Liz's hand went around Max's neck to pull him closer. Max gave in to his desire for her, pulling her closer, he kissed her with passion and all the love his heart was feeling for her.
Literally taking her breath away with his hungry kisses. Only when the need for air became an issue did Max release her mouth from his, but didn't pull away from her. "You take my breath away, Elizabeth Parker."

"Then we're even, because you've stolen my heart tonight, Prince Maxwell." It was Liz this time to initiate a soft kiss. She knew she was living in a fairy tale in that moment. A fairy tale that would never have it's happy ever after, but flying through the stars with the man that had literally swept her off her feet. Liz didn't care, she wanted her fairy tale. If only for one night.

End Pt8
Susan709
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Susan709 »

Thanks so much for the wonderful FB, I love to read everyone's theories.
Just to put everyone's mind at ease real fast, I have no intention of bringing Tess into the picture at all - period - end of subject. This story is a fairytale type story. One that doesn't need any wicked witches or previous wives, ect... Anyway, here is the new part. Hope you all continue to enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Part 9

Max's lips were intoxicating to Liz, he chased after hers easily complying with her request for more. Passion was flaring to a heated level quickly between the two of them. Neither had ever experienced anything so wonderful in their whole lives. Max's lips left hers only to trace a line of kisses down her neck while leaning more fully over her. His hands already beginning to roam down her arms and up her body. When Liz's back hit the side of the carriage, reality began to take hold of just how far she had let things get out of control. Trying to stop his advancements, she whispered his name to attempt to get his attention. But, her voice sounding more like a moan then anything else.

Max kissed his way back up to her mouth at the sound of her voice, this time teasing her lips with his tongue. Asking for permission to enter and Liz was too far under his spell not to grant it to him. If Liz had thought Max's lips were intoxicating, nothing compared her for what the feel of his tongue felt like as his probed hers. Max leaned further over her until she was basically lying on the carriages cab with Max halfway on top of her. That's when she felt just how effected Max was by their impromptu make out session. Liz wasn't a prude and she had never wanted anything more then she wanted Max at this point in her life, but she knew she couldn't go there. For if she let things go as far as her desires were wanting them to go, she would never be able to let him go and in her eyes that was just unacceptable. She knew the truth, they had found a match. A perfect genetic match for Max and it wasn't her. Using the last of her control, she softly pushed against Max's chest as she reluctantly pulled her lips away from his. "Max, we have to stop."

Her words piercing his lust filled brain, as he took in their position.
He hadn't planned on making love to her here in the carriage flying through the stars. But, there was little doubt if she hadn't stopped them when she had, where they were heading. Yes, he wanted her more than he had ever wanted anything else in his life. But, their relationship was so new and he didn't want her to feel like all he wanted from her was just sex. He wanted all of her, completely and willing and not for just a one night stand. So the moment she asked him to stop, he did so. Pulling her into a sitting position as he also sat back on the seat. He noticed tears were forming in her eyes. Softly he wiped the tear drop that had started to fall down her face and asked. "Why are crying, my love?"

"Because..." A soft sob broke from her throat.

"Because why?" He prompted to get her to continue as he continue to wipe the tears from her eyes with his thumbs while cupping her face in the palm of his hands.

"Because your just so wonderful. This night, the stars, the dancing, you...everything is just...so wonderful." Her tears increased, knowing in another minute she was going to have to tell him the truth. Then she would lose him and her life would never be the same again.

"I still don't understand, if I made you feel uncomfortable Liz. I do apologize, I didn't mean to get so carried away. I..." His apology halted by the touch of her finger upon his lips.

Shaking her head, she reluctantly started to tell him the true reasons for her tears. "You didn't make me feel uncomfortable Max. In fact, what I'm feeling right now is just the opposite."

Taking her finger within his hand, he kissed it softly, then asked. "Then why the tears Liz?"

Looking into his eyes, she spoke the truth from her heart. "Because I meant what I said early. You stole my heart and what I'm about to tell you is going to shatter it." Her eyes lowered, unable to look him in the eye when she told him the truth.

"I don't understand. What could you possibly tell me that would ever break your heart?" He questioned. Their evening together had been everything he had thought it was going to be and by the way she had just been kissing him, he was pretty sure she felt the say way. So what could she have to say that would cause her to pull away from him once again.

In a whispered voice so low, Max almost missed what she said, she told him. "You got a match."

"A match? What match?" Confused by her meaning.

Straightening up to brace herself for what she knew would be coming, she explained. "After you left the lab today. The computer was still locked on it's search mode and you got a match. Congratulations, you've found your perfect match." She stated in a joking manner, even though her heart was shattering.

Max couldn't help but smile at her innocence. "You're right I did find my perfect match today. But, it wasn't from a computer. It's you Liz, your my perfect match." He stated sincerely.

She pulled further away from him, not believing what she was hearing. Didn't he hear her? Didn't he understand? His perfect match was out there. The genetic match that would ensure him his place as King, his destiny was waiting on him and he still claimed she was the one for him. "No, Max. Don't you get it? I'm not the one. I'm not your perfect match. We've got to stop this fantasy we were trying to live here. You have a destiny you have to fulfill and it's not me. I'm not the one." Her tears came swift and fast as she scooted even further away from him.

Max sat there stunned, how could she possible think he would accept a destiny that didn't include her in it. She meant everything to him, but taking in her defeated form. He knew nothing he could say right at that moment would change her mind. She was as stubborn as they came, but Max was more determined then ever, now that he knew what it was like to hold her in his arms. If she wanted to be stubborn, well so could he. If there was a perfect match out there, then all he had to do was let Zan know where to find her and that would be the end of that. After all the future was undetermined. It wasn't just him that had a destiny to fulfill. His twin brother Zan had the same destiny, the same future that he shared. So if losing the throne to Zan was all it would take to make Liz see that she was all he wanted, then so be it. With that, he spoke up the command to take them back to the castle. "Whistler, home."

All the way back to the castle, the two of them rode in silence. One more determined with his thoughts, the other miserable with hers. Once back in the royal garden Liz didn't even wait for Max to help her out of the carriage. She jumped out and began to run back toward her room.
Realizing that she wasn't even going to give him a chance to tell her what he had decided, he called out to her. "LIZ! Liz, please wait."

She couldn't ignore his plead if she wanted to. Stopping in her tracks just inside the corridor, but not turning around to face him, her heart demanding that she wait for him. He ran after her quickly, but once he saw that she had stopped, he slowed his pace until he stood directly behind her. Placing his hands on her shoulders, he whispered. "Please don't do this Liz. I need you."

Still not willing to face him, she whispered back. "I have to. I love you too much not to." With that she walked away from him once again, tears streaming down her face as she did. Walking blindly down the corridors of the castle, she rounded the last corner and literally smacked into a hard, muscular chest.

"Hey, hey, what's up? Are you okay?" The familiar voice asked as he grabbed hold of her arms to keep her from falling backwards.

Shaking her head she swiped the fresh tears off her face before looking up into another pair of amber eyes. They were the same as Max's, yet different. "Zan?" She half asked, half cried out.

"The one and only. What's got you so upset sweets? My bro didn't dick you around or anything did he?" Zan knew this Earth girl had gotten to his brother big time. In fact Max had come to him earlier in the day to ask his advice about dating. It had actually surprised Zan that he was actually going to go out on a date. It had been so long since his brother had actually gone out on a date, that Zan wanted to help him in any way that was possible. But, by the look of the Earth girl's sad eyes, he surmised the date hadn't gone too well.

Liz just shook her head, unwilling to disclose the reasoning for her emotions to be out of whack to Max's brother. It was one thing for her to have to admit the truth to Max, but she felt that it would have been a betrayal to Max if she had given Zan the same information. After all weren't the two of them in competition for the same thing. Zan had no idea what could have happened between the Earth girl and his brother, but he felt compelled to help in whatever way he could. "Come on, I know just the thing you need to get your spirits back up." He stated as he took her hand in his and without giving her a choice, walked her back down the corridor.

Liz was too emotionally drained to worry about where she was going or what Zan was up to. She continued to follow him, without paying any attention to the direction he was leading her in. They were in a corridor that she didn't recognized from her tour with Max, but yet she hadn't really seen a whole lot of the castle during her tour so she didn't think too much about it. Toward the end of the corridor there were two doors across from each other. Zan led her to the door on the right side, opened it up and helped her into the room. Once inside Liz just stood there, unsure where she was and too heart broken to even be worried about thinking logically. The room was pleasantly decorated, with a couch, two large chairs with a table and lamp between them. Almost resembling a cozy den with a fireplace and all. Zan walked her over to the couch, grabbed some tissues he kept on hand for his female companions that got upset when he broke the news that he wouldn't be calling them again once he knew they weren't the one for him, causing them to cry. He then moved over to what appeared to be a small bar on the side of the room and filled two glasses with some kind of liquor. He came back to Liz and offered her one of the glasses. "Drink this, it's guaranteed to make you feel better and take your problems away for a while at least."

Liz knew she shouldn't, but at the moment she really needed a stiff drink. Without too much hesitation she accepted the glass Zan offered and before Zan could say two words of warning she downed the contents of the glass in one swift gulp. The liquid burned her throat only for a moment, but the taste was to die for. She briefly thought that she could really get use to the taste of this stuff before her vision blurred, her head became dizzy and the room started to spin. Before Liz knew what was happening her world went black as she past out cold on the couch she sat upon.

"Oh geez. Sweets, you should have let me explain about Antarian wine before downing that drink. Now look at you." Zan had forgotten that the young Earth girl probably had never had Antarian wine before. The thing that made Antarian wine differ from Earth liquor was all in the way you drank it. It was designed for the user to have control on how the alcohol effected them. If drank slow enough, the user could drink it all night and have little to no side effects. No matter how much the user drank. But, the faster the user drank it, the more effect the alcohol would have on the user. The speed in which Liz had drank the fine wine, made her completely intoxicated within seconds. It was obvious to Zan that Elizabeth Parker wasn't one to get intoxicated too often in her life. Considering she had passed out cold within seconds of becoming intoxicated.

It wasn't uncommon for Zan to have a woman sleep in his room over night. In fact, many women had spent a night with him. But, this wasn't just any woman. This was the first woman in years that had gotten to his shy brother. He still had no idea what had gone down between the two of them earlier that caused her to be so upset. He sat across from her, studying her features. Now that he had a chance to really get a good look at her, he could see why his brother had been so entranced with this female. She was beautiful. The other few times he had seen her she had looked so different, but lying there in front of him he could see she was so much more than just another professional scientist that his brother had gathered for his experiments. He felt a little tinge of jealousy toward the fact that he hadn't staked a claim on her first before Max had. But, Max was his brother and beautiful or not. No woman was worth losing his brother over. Now the question was what to do with her.

He didn't want to have to carry her all the way back to her quarters, even though she appeared small enough that he didn't think it would be a difficult task. But, he was more fearful that someone would see them and jump to the wrong conclusion. After all he did have somewhat of a reputation with the ladies and if word got back to Max that he had carried his girl passed out back to her room. He was sure all hell would break out. No, that wasn't really an option.

Leaving her on his couch wasn't an option either. The couch was no place for a beauty such as herself to sleep. So with no other option, Zan picked up the woman who had touched his brother's heart. Carried her into his bedroom and placed her gently upon his bed. Noticing her dress, his memory reminding him when his brother was instructing the royal seamstress with the exact details he had wanted her to create. Knowing the dress held a special meaning to both his brother and this woman before him. He carefully removed her dress, taking in her perfect figure as he did so. Once again feeling envious of his brother for claiming this one first.

End Pt9