Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Chpt 11 12/13/13 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Chpt 11 12/13/13 [WIP]

Post by Janetfl »

Round 15 Award Winner: Best Crossover Fanfiction
A huge thank you to Dreamer19 for this awesome banner!!

Title: Lost Time
Author: Janetfl (Jan)
Disclaimer: I own nothing that is Roswell or Legend of the Seeker ... sadly that belongs to the powers that be!! No infringement is intended.
Pairing: Minor UC then CC
Rating: ADULT.

Summary: Liz, Kyle, Maria and Alex get thrown into an alternative universe where time moves differently, yet they don't seem to age. They have to go back to the basics and learn how to fight with weapons and kill their own food or starve. How will our humans cope in a world where there is death and destruction all around them? What happens when the pod squad finally find them?

A/N: This fic starts with the episode Wipeout but goes in a totally different direction. Yes Max is leaning towards Tess at the moment, just like in the show, but do not worry I am a dreamer after all.

I've just found out that it's one of my regular readers birthday today so I am dedicating this chapter to Natalie36 to thank her for all her support!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE 36!

Chapter 1

A stream of red energy headed for Maria, just as Michael managed to tackle her to the ground. It just missed her head, as they came crashing down on the hard concrete.

“Crap, we’re not going to make it this time, are we?”

“Stay behind this car Maria, I mean it,” instructed Michael, as he rose just above the hood and fired off an intense beam of white energy, which took out three skins.

“MAX, look out!” yelled Liz, as a crackling red energy shot out of Nicholas’s hand.

Max spun around and instantly raised his green shield but the force behind the blast knocked Max on his ass. As he tried to get up he noticed another skin approaching Liz from behind.

“MICHAEL!” yelled Max, as his shield took another hit from Nicholas.

“NO!” yelled Alex, as he started running towards the skin that was taking aim at Isabel.

He leapt into the air and aimed both his feet towards the lumbar region of the skins back. As he nailed a direct hit the skin exploded into ashes, and Alex came crashing down on the concrete, which winded him.

Kyle aimed the gun at the skin that was trying to sneak up on Tess. He fired five times before the bastard finally stumbled and fell over. Much to his horror though, the skin got back up and headed towards him. Jim, who was crouching down next to Kyle, raised his gun and continued to fire, with not much affect.

The noise of the gun shots drew Tess’ attention and she sent out a blast wave that took out two skins, including the one heading towards Kyle and Jim.

Michael heard Max yell a warning and he could see the skin that Liz had yet to notice, but he didn’t want to fire. His powers were temperamental at best and he didn’t want to hit Liz.

“Michael, you can’t leave her like that,” said Maria, as she watched the skin raise his hand ready to attack.

“I don’t want to hit Liz!” yelled Michael.

Liz watched in horror as Tess took aim and fired a white beam of energy towards her. The stream flew straight past Liz and hit the skin that was behind her.

Liz looked on in shock, as ash rained down all around her; she realized that Tess had just saved her life.

Isabel ran towards Alex, who was still lying on the ground trying to catch his breath. She noticed a flash from her peripheral vision and could see a stream of red energy continually coming out of a skins hand.

She stood up and fired her own stream of energy towards the skin.

Now they were locked in a battle of power.

Whoever was the strongest, would survive.

Isabel could feel the pressure of the skins energy pushing hers back, so she concentrated harder, pooling all of her energy in her hand and pushing it forward. As energy bolt met energy bolt, it was like the fourth of July, there were sparks and streams of combined energy flying off the centre.

While Michael, Tess and Max had their hands full trying to fend off the other skins that were moving in to attack Isabel, Nicholas decided it was time for his team to regroup. He moved into the shadows as everyone else concentrated on saving their own hides.

Isabel gave one final push of her energy, which pushed the skins own energy bolt back towards him. The scream they all heard as his energy, and Isabel’s, hit him full force was something none of them would ever forget.

Michael sent out one final blast which eliminated the few remaining skins.

The group gravitated towards each other until they were standing in the middle of what could only be described as a blizzard of ash.

Max put his arm around Tess and asked if she was okay.

Michael engulfed Maria in a hug and then proceeded to kiss the breath right out of her.

Isabel helped Alex off the ground, kissed him for saving her life and then proceeded to yell at him for putting himself in danger.

Jim couldn’t believe that they had come out of this battle alive. So far they had been lucky but he knew this wasn’t the end. He turned towards his son and hugged him.

Liz stood on the side lines feeling more and more ostracized from the group. She realized that Future Max’s plan was finally working. Max was starting to follow his destiny, with Tess. A few weeks ago Max would have gone straight to Liz to make sure she was okay but now that was Tess’ rightful place.

Liz jumped as she heard a voice behind her.

“Why don’t you just tell him Liz?” asked Courtney.

Liz spun around and was horrified by what she saw.

“Courtney, what’s wrong? You look awful.”

“Gee thanks Liz, that’s what every girl wants to hear. Why don’t you tell him about Future Max?”

“Wh... what? How do you know about that?”

“I felt the shift in time. When I saw you after Copper Summit I knew that something big had happened. Watching you with Max, I can still see that you love him, the fact that he doesn’t amazes me.”

“You can’t say anything Courtney. It has to be this way otherwise the future isn’t good.”

“I think you’re wrong about that Liz. You don’t have all of the information and neither did Max.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Tess, she can’t be trusted.”

Liz laughed a little.

“Yeah, I figured that one out all on my own.”

“No, you don’t understand. You don’t know what she has planned. Max, I don’t give a damn about but this involves Michael as well.”

“What are you talking about Courtney?” asked Liz.

“She plans on getting them executed by...” Courtney stopped as she fell forward into Liz’s arms.

“What’s happening to you? MICHAEL SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH COURTNEY!” yelled Liz.

Michael was immediately by Liz’s side and helped support Courtney’s weight.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” asked Michael.

“Nicholas, he wanted to know the location of the granilith. He thought I knew because I was working with you. He was very disappointed to find out that I didn’t know the location.”

“What did he do to you?” asked Michael.

“He mind raped me. Listen, I don’t have much time. My husk is disintegrating, I won’t last much longer. I need to give you the information.”

“What information?” asked Max, as he came over to see what all the commotion was about.

“Nicholas has used some of our technology to impose multiple subset dimensions. They exist on our planet and they created a technology that could duplicate it on other planets.”

“What the hell does that mean?” asked Max.

“The only way I can describe it, so you would understand, is imagine living in Pacific, Eastern, Central and Mountain Time all at once, well the human bodies can’t cope with it. That’s where I think the humans are, in another dimension. I don’t think it will be long before the rest of you start to disappear.”

“We’ve been here for a while now,” said Liz.

“It could be soon then. I’m so sorry I can’t help you anymore,” whispered Courtney and then slowly turned to dust right in front of their eyes.

“Well, this day just keeps on getting better and better, any more dooming news?” asked Maria, starting to freak out.

“I think there is only one place we will be safe,” said Liz.

“Where?” asked Michael.

“The pod chamber. It’s protected by the granilith, right?” asked Liz.

“How did you know where the location of the granilith is?” asked a suspicious Max.

“Deductive reasoning, where the hell else could it be if that’s the only place you guys go all the time,” replied Liz, annoyed at the accusing tone in Max’s voice.

“What makes you think the granilith will be able to protect you? We don’t even know what it’s for Liz,” said Michael.

“Look, we don’t have time for twenty questions here. Here’s what I know. The granilith was sent with you to Earth so you could protect it. It’s a very powerful relic from Antar and can be used as a weapon in the wrong hands. He who controls the granilith controls the five planets in your galaxy. That’s why Nicholas wants to get his hands on it. That’s why you have to protect its location at all costs. Only the king and his queen can control it.”

Michael, Max and Isabel stood dumbfounded.

“HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS?” yelled Max.

“Jesus, we could disappear any minute and all you are concerned about is where I got my information from! If you must know I got it from you!”

“What the hell are you talking about Liz? I don’t know anything about the granilith.”

“I’ll tell you everything but can we please move now or I might not be here to explain.”

“I’m with Liz on this. If there is any chance the Pod Chamber can save us then I think we should at least try it,” said Maria.

“Okay, Michael you go with them. You have the better fire power. We’ll stay here and hold them off.”

“Hey wait a second, what the hell do we do if you don’t come back for any reason?” asked Kyle.

“I think that’s a chance we’re going to have to take Kyle,” replied Liz.

“Great! I don’t like our options so far, either we stay here and get pulled into some weird ass dimension or die of starvation in the Pod Chamber.”

“We need to get some supplies just in case we are there for a few days. Max, we’ll have to raid your house because they already know about the Crashdown,” said Liz.

“Okay, we’ll make our way over there now but keep an eye out for Nicholas. We can’t have him sneaking up on us.”
Last edited by Janetfl on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Cpt 2 23/June/11

Post by Janetfl »

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the wonderful feed back!

Courtney: I promise your qestions will be answered eventually! :wink:

ja.forster: Welcome, thanks so much for leaving feed back. I'm hoping that you will enjoy this story.

pandas2001: Seriously? Would I do that to you? :wink: I promise that Max WILL NOT get with Tess. He just trusts her right now (and we all know how that turned out!).

cjsl8ne: I hope to keep your interest. This fic is going to be action packed and thank you for nominating ILWY!!!

garcia88: So glad you like the first part. I have to admit that I'm a little mean to Max in the first few chapters but you know I'll fix it later on in the story. :wink:

AvalonRose: YAY! Thanks so much for reading this! I'm hoping that I can keep this fic fast paced and action packed. I'm glad you are along for the ride.

Chapter 2

“Liz, I want to know how you have so much information about the granolith,” demanded Max, as they made their way towards his house to pick up supplies.

“Max, do you remember when you came to the Crashdown that night and told me I was the one, the only one?”

“What does that have to do with the granolith?”

“It has everything to do with the granolith, and what’s been happening over the last few months.”

“I’m not here to rehash our dead relationship Liz. You’ve made your feelings quite clear. You’ve done everything to push me away and now you have your wish, so let’s not go through all the crap. Just tell me how you know about the granolith.”

“God, I can’t believe how selfish you’ve become Max.”

“You made me this way with all the lies and cheating Liz. You reap what you sow.”

“Oh, so your behavior is my fault, is that what you’re saying?” asked Liz, her anger rising.

“Max, she’s trying to tell you everything. Just give her a chance,” said Kyle, getting pissed off with his attitude towards Liz.

“Oh and your knight in shining armor comes to the rescue against the evil alien!” yelled Max.

“Jesus, would you just stop!” yelled Michael. “In case you haven’t noticed we nearly got our asses kicked back there and you three bickering is going to bring us more attention than we can handle!”

“I deserve an answer Michael,” said Max.

“We all do Max, but now is not the time. We have to get them to safety before they disappear! You might not give a damn about Liz anymore but I’m not risking losing Maria because you can’t get your head together.”

“How do we know what she tells us is the truth anyway?” asked Tess.

“Oh DON’T YOU DARE! You’re the one that came in and broke up our group. You’re the one that came sprouting shit about destiny and messed with Max’s head to get your claws into him! Now you have the nerve to question Liz’s loyalty? The one person that’s put her life on the line for all of you more times than I can even mention!” said Maria.

Liz gently held onto Maria and tried to calm her down.

“Maria, calm down. It’s okay.”

“No, no, it’s not okay! None of this is okay! They don’t know what you’ve done Liz and I’m tired of watching you drift further away from the group because of it,” said Maria.

“Michael, when we are safely at the pod chamber, and if you or Maria don’t have any objections, I want you to connect with me and I’ll show you everything. That way you will know the truth. I can’t lie when you’re connected to me right?”

“Liz my powers aren’t as stable as the others. I’m not sure that’s the best decision. What if I accidently fry your brain or something?”

“Right now, you’re the only one I trust to tell the truth.”

“That’s rich coming from someone that’s lied to us these past few months,” said Max.

“It’s the only way you’re going to find out how I know so much about the granolith,” said Liz, determined not to change her mind.

“So now you’re saying you don’t trust me? You know what? I’m not even interested in the answer to that question, if you want to show Michael then go ahead. I trust him to tell me the truth. Come on Tess let’s go ahead and check if the coast is clear,” said Max, grabbing Tess’ hand and pulling her away from the group.

“Why me Liz?” asked Michael, as the rest of the group walked ahead.

“Remember when you took my journal?”

“Yeah,” said Michael.

“Why did you do it?”

“I told you why I did it Liz.”

“You did it to see if you could trust me with your secret, your life, right?”

“Yeah, so?”

“Right now, you’re the only one I trust not to put an emotional spin on the truth.”

“I don’t understand.”

“You took my journal because YOU wanted to make sure I was trustworthy. I understand why you did it Michael. Now I need to place my trust in you. I have to warn you that what I will show you is worse than you could ever imagine but I know you will understand everything I’ve done because of it. You won’t put an emotional spin on it like the others. Isabel will want to protect her brother’s feelings, Tess I don’t trust as far as I can throw her and Max is too emotional right now.”

“So what you’re saying is, I’m emotionally retarded enough to view the information with an unbiased view?” asked Michael.

“Since you put it so eloquently, yes.”

“Alright, glad we cleared that one up. You know that I will tell the truth to Max though. I’m not on your side.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way Michael. That’s exactly the reason I want you to do it.”

They managed to get the Evans’ house without any of the skins attacking but they knew it was only a matter of time before they were found.

They quickly gathered backpacks, sleeping bags, pillows, torches, spare batteries, a wind up camper light, enough food to last them a few days and water.

“I guess this is where we part company then,” said Alex.

“I’m staying here,” said Jim.

“Dad, no, you can’t. You’ll disappear just like the rest of the humans if you stay here too long,” replied Kyle.

“I think I know where the alien technology is. Remember that sign we saw when we were entering Roswell?”

“You mean the one with the phallus symbol sticking out?”

“Yeah, I think that’s what’s causing this dimension rift, or whatever it’s called. I’m going to head up there and see if there’s anything I can do to destroy it.”

“Just promise me you’ll be careful,” said Kyle.

“I love you son,” said Jim, giving his son a hug.

“Love you too Dad, but we’ll be back.”

“This is where we say goodbye,” said Alex, engulfing Isabel in a hug.

“No. I’ll be seeing you soon, I promise,” whispered Isabel, finally letting go of him so he could join the others waiting by the house.

“Kyle, I know we haven’t seen eye to eye recently but promise me you’ll look after Liz,” said Max.

“I’ll look after her Max. You’ve been the biggest jack ass to Liz these past few months. Don’t get me wrong, I know the reasons why. I felt the same way when you came onto the scene after the shooting. You’ll be sorry when you find out the truth. You once asked her to trust you, trust in your relationship and what was in her heart. She did that and went out on a limb for you; putting her life in danger yet again. Did you give her the same chance?”

“She never slept with you, did she?”

“I give up. You don’t deserve her. See you around Max,” said Kyle, as he stomped towards the jeep.

“Of course he would say things like that to protect her,” said Tess, putting her arm around Max.

“I guess we’ll find out soon enough,” replied Max.

Michael kept on checking the rear view mirror. So far so good, nobody seemed to be following them.

“We seem to be okay so far, nobody is following us,” said Michael, breaking the tension in the jeep.

“Do you think Max, Tess and Isabel can handle things before you get back?” asked Liz, worried.

“Honestly, I don’t know Liz. At least Tess can mind warp the skins if things get too out of control.”

“I don’t trust her Michael,” said Maria.

“I’m not so sure I do either Maria, but she’s the only hope we have of defeating the skins right now,” explained Michael, as he pulled up outside the pod chamber.

Everyone got out of the jeep, gathered the supplies and made their way up the rocky mountain side. As they reached the top Michael waved his hand over the rock face to reveal the sliver handprint. He gently placed his hand on the print and the door slid open.

“Kyle and I will just go on ahead and take the supplies in, get everything ready while you sort everything out,” said Alex, pulling Kyle into the cave with him.

“Geez Whitman, if you wanted to be alone with me that much all you had to do was ask,” said Kyle, with a smirk on his face.

“Yeah, very funny Valenti. I’m giving them some space so Liz can tell them why she did what she did.”

“And do you know why she did it?” asked Kyle.

“No, I assumed you did,” replied Alex as they made their way further into the cave.

“I suppose we better get on with it then. The others might need you back in Roswell,” said Liz, stepping towards Michael.

“Liz, why don’t you just tell me what happened,” said Michael, pacing.

“You need to see this Michael. It’s the only way you’re going to understand,” explained Liz.

Maria gently stopped Michael’s pacing.

“Michael, what’s wrong?”

“I can’t control what I see. It means that Liz will be an open book and I’m going to be able to see things that perhaps I shouldn’t,” said Michael, finally voicing his fear.

“I’m sure it will be fine Michael,” said Maria. “Liz trusts you enough to go inside her head or whatever it is you do.”

“Okay, but don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Michael said, raising his hands and placing them on Liz’s face.

“Let you’re ...”

“Yeah, I know the score Michael. Let my mind go blank, even out my breathing, etc.”

As Liz’s eyes latched on to Michael’s he started to squirm a little. It didn’t feel right to look at Liz this intensely. He only ever wanted to do this with Maria but they had to find out what was going on. He got more and more frustrated as a few minutes passed with no result.

“I told you I’d be no good at this,” said Michael, letting go of Liz’s head.

Maria stood by his side and gently placed her hand on his arm.

“You can do this Michael. You have to in order to understand everything. I’m going to be right here with you. Try again.”

Michael placed his hands on Liz’s head, feeling Maria’s hand on his arm showed him that she supported what he was about to do. He concentrated harder and suddenly he was in. What he saw scared the living shit out of him...
Last edited by Janetfl on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Cpt 3 27/June/11

Post by Janetfl »

Thank you so much for the wonderful feed back. I hope this chapter isn't too confusing. I think I've made it as clear as I can. If there is anything that doesn't make sense then don't hesitate to either PM me or mention it on your feed back.

I hope you enjoy this next chapter.

Carrie
Courtney
ja.forster
garcia88
AvalonRose
cjsl8ne

Chapter 3

(Michael viewing flashes of the future through Future Max’s eyes.)

The dust was burning his throat and nostrils as he breathed in, staring in shock at the destruction around him. It was as if he was viewing this through his own eyes. Then he suddenly got a pungent whiff of something in the wind. What the hell was that? It was making him feel sick.

As the cloud of dust finally cleared he took a good look around him and almost threw up. That pungent smell was the aroma of burnt flesh and dead rotting bodies that were strewn all over the ground.
Michael quickly broke the connection with Liz, spun around and emptied the contents of his stomach.

MICHAEL, are you alright?” asked Maria, shocked at his sudden reaction. One minute he was in some sort of trance, the next, was as if Liz had burned him.

After Michael finally got himself under control he turned towards Liz.

“What the hell was that Liz?” asked Michael.

“That, Michael, was the end of the world as we know it.”

“What are you talking about? I don’t understand. How come I could smell that and feel it burning my throat?”

“Because you’re seeing everything through Future Max’s eyes Michael. You’re feeling everything he felt at the time. All this really happened to him. You’ve not even seen the half of it yet. It’s about to get a whole lot worse and I’m sorry I have to show you but it’s the only way.”

Michael nodded his head, tried to steel himself for what was about to come and walked towards Liz again.

“Liz, it’s that bad?” asked Maria.

“Worse than either you or I could ever have imagined,” said Liz.

It didn’t take long for Michael to form another connection with Liz.

FLASH

(Michael viewing the flashes of the past as a third person observer)

Max, with rather long hair and dressed in leather from head to toe almost made Michael laugh out loud until he heard what he was saying to Liz.

YOU HAVE TO!

“I can’t Max. Don’t you know how hard it was for me to lie to him like that! Tell him that I wanted normal boys! He’s, you, god this is so confusing! He is the love of my life and I just ripped out his heart. I threw his one fear back in face! I can’t do this anymore!”

“Liz, in the future you watch one of your best friends being tortured right in front of you. I held a dying Isabel in my arms, then Maria goes and finally Michael! We’re the only ones left. That’s why I came back and left you there! Do you think that was easy for me to do after everything we shared?”

“Max, this is insane! You’re saying because I loved you and you me, the whole world ended?”

“No, I’m saying that once we consummated our relationship, I pushed Tess away. I became horrible towards her because she kept pushing that destiny shit in my face and in the end I blurted out that she didn’t stand a chance because I was already bonded to you. Tess was furious and left town. There was no more four square; we weren’t strong enough to defeat our enemies.”

“So I have a choice. Either I break my Max’s heart, your heart, whatever OR I live fourteen years of happiness only to have the entire human race wiped out because I did.”

“Liz, I know this is a lot to put on your shoulders but that’s why I came to you. You’re the only one that can do this.”

“What else am I supposed to do Max? You’re like a rabid dog with a bone!”

“There’s only one way I can make you understand Liz. Can I connect with you? Show you what the future holds?”

“I don’t think I want to know Max.”

“It’s the only way Liz.”

Liz threw her hands up in despair.

“Fine, show me Max. It can’t do any more damage to my already fragile state!”

FLASH

(Michael viewing future flashes through Future Max’s eyes)

He could feel his gut twist in agony as he looked down into the vacant eyes of his dead sister. He watched as rivulets of blood poured from her nose, eyes and ears. He could feel himself shake with an uncontrollable rage as tears poured from his eyes.

He felt a soothing presence from his left and when he looked up he saw the sad face of Future Liz.

Michael suddenly realized he was now looking at everything through Max’s eyes, again.

“Max, we can’t stay here. They’ll regroup and be back any minute. I’m so sorry Max,” said Future Liz.

He carefully picked up the body of his sister and carried her to the waiting SUV.

That’s when Michael saw his future self, Maria and Kyle sitting in the back waiting for them.

He heard a scream from Maria and watched as his own face turned white as he saw Isabel’s dead body for the first time.

“What the hell happened out there Max?” asked his future self.

FLASH

(Michael viewing future flashes through Future Max’s eyes)

He could see Future Michael firing shots at some skins and another enemy he’d not even seen before.

What the hell was going on?

All of a sudden, he watched in horror as Maria came running up to the future version of himself from the side and launch herself behind his back taking the full force of a blast that had come from somewhere behind him.

As Maria’s body was flung back with the force, she knocked down Future Michael with her. Her motionless body heaped on top of him. He saw himself look around wondering what the hell happened and then he saw her bloody delicate hand, hanging in his face.

He tried to move towards Maria and the other version of himself but he couldn’t. It was then that he felt the paralyzing fear and guilt Future Max had felt that very same day. He was witnessing Maria’s death through Future Max’s eyes.

He watched as the future version of himself delicately rolled Maria off his body and searched for a pulse. He could see the moment it registered on his face and then a guttural roar come forth. It made his stomach twist in agony, or was that how Max felt. He couldn’t quite tell anymore.

His future self picked up Maria like she was a China doll and carried her away, not saying one word to the rest of the team.

FLASH

(Michael viewing flashes of the past as a third person observer)

He could see Max and Liz on the balcony of the Crashdown, tears streaming down both of their faces.

Future Max was still cupping her face but Michael could tell Max had broken the connection for a moment because he was now seeing things through his own eyes again.

“Two weeks later Michael died in my arms. He became a killing machine Liz, but he was reckless. After losing Maria, he just gave up. He didn’t want to be here anymore and I couldn’t blame him,” explained Future Max.

A distressed sob broke from Liz’s mouth.

“Don’t do this to me Max, please. I can’t watch anymore! I’ll do anything to stop that from happening, I promise,” cried Liz.

Michael watched as Future Max gathered Liz in his arms.

“I’m so sorry Liz. I didn’t want to show you that but you had to understand the importance of this mission. There is one more thing I want to show you.”

Liz shook her head violently.

“No, I can’t take anymore. There’s no need I’ll do whatever it takes!”

FLASH

(Michael watching past flashes as a third person observer)

Michael watched, as Liz stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around her slender body.

“Just so we are clear,” Liz started to say, before Kyle raised his hand.

“I know, I know. Underwear stays on, no kissing or fondling. We’re just here to make sure Max see’s us in bed together. I have to ask you though Liz, what the hell did Max do to make you go to these kind of lengths to get rid of him?”

“Kyle, you promised you wouldn’t ask.”

Michael turned his head as Liz slipped the towel from her body and got into bed. He watched in morbid fascination as she and Kyle began to talk.

Then he could see them both turn towards the window. He turned to see what they were looking at and he could see the devastated look on Max’s face. He simply dropped the tickets he was holding in his hand, turned and went down the fire escape.

FLASH

(Michael watching future flashes as a third person observer)

Michael watched as Future Max had second thoughts about their plan.

“I can’t do this Liz,” he said, his heart breaking as he thought about leaving his wife behind.

“You have to Max. Make my past self understand the importance. She’ll do it, I know she will.”

“It will break your heart Liz,” whispered Future Max.

“No, it will break both of us but if it means that all this won’t happen, don’t you think it’s worth it? Michael, Isabel, Maria, Alex and Kyle all alive; it doesn’t matter that I’m not there. You’ll have Tess and then you can defeat the enemy.”

“What about you though Liz?” cried Future Max.

“I will understand, once you show me,” she whispered. “You never really belonged to me in the first place Max and this all proves it. Now we have to make it right.”

Michael watched as Future Max placed his hand on the granolith and was sucked inside. He then saw both Future Max and Liz reach out to each other and then he was propelled back to the present.

END FLASHES

Michael stumbled back into a sitting position. He couldn’t stand even if he tried. Tears where streaming down his face, he felt Maria gather him into her arms.

“What the hell did you show him Liz?” asked Maria, seeing tears streaming down her boyfriend’s face.

Michael grabbed Maria in a bone crushing hug and then proceeded to kiss the breath right out of her. He couldn’t help the feeling that he’d almost lost her.

Liz backed away quietly, allowing the couple to have their private moment. She stepped into the cave entrance and made her way to find Kyle and Alex, she now knew Michael understood.

When Michael finally released Maria she had a dazed look on her face. It took several shakes of her head before she could form a coherent sentence.

“What the hell did she show you Michael?” asked Maria.

“What she said earlier Maria; she showed me the end of the world.”

“How is that even possible Michael?”

“I don’t know, but I now know why Liz did everything she did and I don’t even blame her for doing it, in fact, I think she’s one of the strongest people I know. She’s thrown everything away Maria, so she could save all of us. I don’t know if it worked but I’m going to try my hardest to solve this for her. There has to be another way.”

“Just promise me that you’ll tell Max everything. He’s been a total asshole to Liz these last few months, in fact, all of you have.”

“I know, and I can’t tell you how freaking guilty I feel Maria. If only I’d known. We’ve been pushing Liz away when what she really deserved was our total and utter loyalty.”

“Kyle told Max he would be sorry when he found out the truth. Just make sure you all come back to us so we can sort this mess out!”

“I’m not sure I’m going to be able to keep Max away when he finds out the truth.”

“Let’s deal with one problem at a time Michael. Are you okay?”

“I don’t think I’ll ever be okay after what I just witnessed Maria. No wonder Future Max came back to change things. I think I would have done the same thing in his place. I just can’t believe this was all put on Liz’s shoulders and she’s kept going.”

“I couldn’t understand why she wouldn’t tell Max the truth.”

“Look, you’d better get inside the cave. We don’t know how long you guys have, or if the granilith will protect you from this multi dimensional thingy but you’ll have a better chance in there. I promise we’ll be back with you as soon as we’ve dealt with Nicholas.”

Maria gave Michael a brief hard kiss before entering the cave. He raised his hand on the print and the door slowly slid closed.

“Tell Liz, that I’ll make sure Max understands,” said Michael, as the door sealed shut.

Maria just whispered in the darkness, “I will Michael. I’m not sure what good it will do but I will.”
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Cpt 4 03/July/11

Post by Janetfl »

Thank you very much for all the awesome feedback. This is the first crossover fic I've done so it means so much me!

Courtney
AvalonRose
garcia88
cjsl8ne
ja.forster
Carrie
pandas2001
Natalie36
Timelord31

Chapter 4

Liz and her friends stood in front of the pods just staring at them.

“So what do we do now Liz?” asked Alex.

Liz sniggered.

“I’m sorry Liz, but I fail to see the humor in this situation. We’re stuck in a cave that only a bunch of aliens can get us out of and you find it funny?” said Kyle.

“That’s rich coming from you Kyle,” retorted Maria, thinking back to when his humor seemed to come out in the direst of circumstances.

“No, it’s just what Alex asked. Everyone does that to Max all the time and I don’t think they realize it. I don’t have all the answers guys,” replied Liz.

“That’s true, but you know more than we do,” said Maria.

“Yeah, how do you know that the granolith can protect us?” asked Kyle.

“When Future Max came to me, to show me what happened in the future, he also passed some information on to me,” replied Liz.

“When who did what?” asked Alex, a little confused.

“I’ll explain everything but first we need to get closer to the granolith.”

“Well babe, I hate to rain on your parade, but this is it,” said Maria, waving her arm around the small cave. “I don’t know how big this thing is but if it’s as powerful as you say and can transport people through time, it’s got to be pretty big.”

“Transport people through time? What the hell are you talking about?” asked Kyle.

“Condensed version, a Future version of Max came back in time, using the granolith, to show me a war that would happen in the future. Everyone that I cared about, except Max, was dead and so was the majority of the human race. Max and I were the only ones left out of our group and we came up with a plan to change the future, so this war would be over before it even started. Max left the Future version of myself to come back in time and warn me, that’s past Liz, about the future. I had to make Max fall out of love with me so that Tess would stick around and the four square would be complete. That way they could defeat their enemy. Now if you don’t mind can we get back to finding the granolith?” explained Liz.

Alex, Kyle and Maria stood silent, in utter shock, while Liz continued to search for the entrance to the granolith. It was Maria that recovered her senses before Alex or Kyle.

“Are you telling me that we all die in the future?”

“Not anymore, I changed the future Maria, by sleeping with Kyle.”

“But you didn’t sleep with me,” said Kyle.

“I KNEW IT!” yelled Alex.

“No I didn’t Kyle, but Max doesn’t know that,” replied Liz.

“So that’s why you did it? You set that whole thing up so Max would turn towards Tess?” asked Kyle.

“Yep, and it worked. Now can we please find the freaking granolith?”

“How do you know it worked?” asked Alex.

“Because Future Max disappeared, that version no longer existed. Ah ha! I found it!” yelled Liz, who was currently on her knees looking into one of the pods.

“We have to crawl through that small space?” asked Alex.

“Looks like it,” replied Liz, as she started crawling through the pod. “Why don’t you guys wait here while I check if this is the right place?”

“Yep, sounds like a good idea to me!” yelled Kyle.

“You’re such a chicken,” replied Maria, following Liz through the pod.

“I’m a chicken? Not only do I have to deal with the confirmed existence of extra-terrestrials but now I have to climb through their birth channel!” yelled Kyle.

Liz ignored Kyle’s outburst, as she made her way towards the opening at the other end of the pod. As she crawled through the gap she could see, what looked like, an inverted black cone in the center of the secret room.

“Wow, this is it guys! We’ve found it!” she yelled, as she finally stood up.

“Oh pretty lights,” said Maria, as she stood up.

Alex and Kyle started crawling through the pod, dragging the supplies behind them, after hearing Liz’s confirmation.

“This is the freakiest shit I’ve ever seen,” said Kyle, looking around the tunnel they were crawling through.

“What? Freakier than aliens shooting energy bolts out of their hands or having someone on our team that can implant shit into your brain?” asked Alex.

“Yeah, I tend not to really dwell on that too much,” replied Kyle.

Liz walked around the granolith in awe.

“You do realize Maria that we are the first humans in history to witness this alien technology.”

“That’s not strictly true,” said Maria, smiling.

Liz rolled her eyes.

“Not counting the human hybrids,” replied Liz.

“Hey, what the hell is that humming noise?” asked Kyle, as he finally came through the other end of the pod chamber.

“I believe it’s the granolith making that noise,” said Liz, pointing to the cone in the middle of the room.

“You mean it’s active?” asked Alex, as he stood up.

“It’s always active Alex. It’s just not reached its full potential yet. In the wrong hands it can be used as a weapon. In the right hands it was modified to be used as a time machine.”

“If it’s that powerful, why the hell didn’t Future Max use it to destroy the enemy?” asked Kyle.

“Good question Kyle,” said Alex.

“Because we found the key too late,” replied Liz.

“Key, what key?” asked Maria.

“It’s a long story,” said Liz.

“Well it’s not like we’re going anywhere,” replied Kyle, sarcastically.

“Alright, I’ll do the condensed version again. Max and I, we erm, well we, oh god, okay I’m rambling here. You have to remember that I’m talking about the timeline that would have happened if Future Max hadn’t come back. On the night I supposedly slept with Kyle I was supposed to go with Max to a Gomez concert, but we never made it. We cemented our relationship that night and we were never apart again. After that Max became belligerent toward Tess and she left Roswell for good. When Future Max showed me flashes of the future we’d managed to find the hideout Tess had been using. She’d left pretty quickly, looked like there had been one hell of a battle there, and amongst her things was a letter from Nasedo about the location of the key for the granolith.”

“Hold on a minute, if Tess had the key why didn’t she use it?” asked Maria.

“Because she didn’t know how to, neither did Future Max. The destiny book required translation but Tess never managed it and it was destroyed in whatever battle took place at her hideout.”

“So that means all we have to do is get the destiny book off Tess and translate it, plus the key and then Max and Tess can operate the granolith!” said Alex.

“Erm, yeah, sort of,” replied Liz.

“What aren’t you telling us Liz?” asked Kyle, getting an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“Tess isn’t the Queen and she no longer knows the location of the key or has the destiny book,” replied Liz.

“Huh?” said Maria, scrunching up her nose in confusion.

“Yeah, I don’t get it Liz,” said Alex.

“This is where the whole thing gets complicated and slightly freaky,” replied Liz.

“Even freakier than knowing extra-terrestrials exist, or the fact that we’ve just travelled down their birthing place to get to this all powerful alien artefact, or even the fact that they have powers that we can’t even comprehend...”

Liz held up her hand to stop Kyle’s tirade.

“Yes, freakier than all of those things,” replied Liz.

“I don’t think I can take much more,” said Kyle.

“Kyle, would you just shut up for one minute! What the hell are you talking about Liz?” asked Maria.

“Future Max couldn’t cope with the fact that he put all of this on my shoulders so he gave me something else...”

“Li ... like what Liz?” asked Maria, not sure she really wanted to know.

“Erm, he passed on the seal to me. Which makes me Max’s queen,” stated Liz.

“WHAT?” shrieked her friends.

“He said that in his eyes I would always be his queen and that was his gift to me. The thing is, I’ve been kind of hiding something from you guys,” said Liz, nervously.

“You’re going to make Maria have a meltdown, aren’t you?” asked Alex, having a sneaking suspicion what Liz was talking about.

Liz just gently shot out her hand and produced a green shield, just like Max’s.

Maria fainted, Kyle stood with his mouth agape and Alex, had a smile on his face.

Liz immediately bent down and gently patted Maria’s face.

“Maria, MARIA! Are you okay?” asked Liz, as Maria’s eyes started to flutter open.

“Yeah, I guess so. Sorry about that but it was such a shock,” she said, standing up on wobbly legs, with the help of Kyle and Alex.

“What I don’t understand is, if you were married in the future didn’t that already make you his queen and if so why didn’t you have powers then?” asked Alex, trying to understand.

“Because he never transferred the seal to me, which meant I didn’t develop full powers. You have to remember that Max always felt as though it was his fault that I was changed,” explained Liz.

“After the healing you mean?” asked Maria.

“Yes exactly, so he never wanted to complete the transfer just in case it caused more changes. As time went by it didn’t seem necessary,” said Liz.

“Until the end of the world,” stated Maria.

“Yes.”

“What about the key and the destiny book? You said Tess didn’t know the location anymore?” asked Kyle.

“No she thinks she knows the location but they’re not there anymore,” explained Liz.

“Oh god, you’ve got them haven’t you?” asked Maria.

“Yeah I have. She had them in a safety deposit box.”

“So how the hell did you get them?” asked Kyle.

“I did a bit of molecular manipulation to my face so I looked like Tess. I also got hold of her bank details.”

“Wait, you mean you broke into her house?” asked Alex, shocked by what he was hearing.

“Yeah, it was the only way to get the information I needed. I have to admit that the powers helped.”

“So that bitch had the key all this time, knew about the destiny book but has been holding back?” asked Maria.

“Yes.”

“Then I guess that shows us whose side she’s on,” said Alex.

“Yeah, her own,” said Kyle.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Cpt 5 14/July/11

Post by Janetfl »

Thanks everyone for the awesome feed back!

garcia88
Courtney
AvalonRose
Timelord31
Natalie36 x 2
ja.forster
Carrie
cjsl8ne

Chapter 5

Max, Tess and Isabel decided to wait for Michael in the UFO museum. It was the safest place they could be right now. There were only two ways into the museum and both of those had been locked, barricaded and sealed by Max.

Isabel nervously paced around as she tried to think of a way to tell Max about the Vilandra project and what Vanessa Whitaker had said to her before she died.

“Isabel, what’s wrong?” asked Max.

“You know, we don’t have time for this touchy feely crap. In case you haven’t noticed we’ve got a small alien army out there ready to fry our asses. Instead of pacing like a caged animal we should be coming up with a plan,” said Tess, totally exasperated.

“Not now Tess,” warned Max, as he looked at the distressed look on his sister’s face.

She hadn’t even heard his question. He gently placed his hand on her shoulder, so as not to scare her, and she suddenly turned to face him.

“I need to speak to you. It’s important,” said Isabel, finally making a decision.

Tess rolled her eyes.

“More important than dying at the hands of the skins?” asked Tess.

“YES! More important than that!” yelled Isabel.

“We can go up to the office, if you like?” offered Max.

“Okay,” replied Isabel.

“Great, I’ll just stay down here and come up with a plan then!” yelled Tess, as Max and Isabel walked up the stairs to the office.

There were several things that bothered Tess. First, they sent the strongest member of their team, fire power wise, to protect the humans. Second, they actually allowed the humans near the granolith. Third, Max had now left her alone, unprotected; to go and have a ‘talk’ with his sister and finally the fact that none of them had even come up with a plan to get them out of this mess. If this was how they operated in their past life it was no wonder they ended up dead.

She suddenly heard a noise from behind her and turned around.

“Nicholas still wants to know if you have the key?” asked Ida.

“It’s in a safe place,” replied Tess.

“Where are they?”

“They’re upstairs having a chat,” replied Tess, disgusted.

“This is going to be easier than I thought,” said Ida.

“Not as easy as you think,” thought Tess.

She knew the plan was to separate the group so Nicholas could capture Isabel, forcing Max’s hand. He would mind rape the young king in order for Tess to show her allegiance to the group. Then her position would be assured. She could then worm her way into Max’s mind, through the memory retrieval process, making him alienated from the group so that he would eventually turn to her.

She loathed having to do it this way, considering he was supposed to love her in the first place, but since he was so obsessed with Liz it was her only option. She had everything she needed to operate the granolith, except Max.

“You’d better be ready for this. They won’t go down without a fight,” said Tess.

“I’m sure we can handle them. We had to lose good men and women at Copper Summit and I don’t plan on making that mistake again,” replied Ida.

“I warned you not to underestimate them, or the humans. Now go before they catch you here,” said Tess.

Max gently closed the office door behind him and then turned to face Isabel.

“She’s right, you know. We do have a major problem on our hands here and we should be coming up with a plan,” said Max.

“I know, but what I have to tell you may affect everything that’s going on here,” said Isabel.

“What’s going on Isabel? You’ve been quiet and withdrawn lately,” said Max, gently. He didn’t want to distress his sister even more.

“I’m just going to say this. Don’t interrupt, let me get everything out and then you can ask questions, okay?”

“Sure.”

“When I rescued Tess from Whitaker she told me about my past. The Vilandra project was about me Max. When our father died, the throne automatically went you as the male heir. I didn’t care at the time because I never wanted the responsibility of the title but when you betrothed me to Rath, your second in command, I was furious. I was already in love with someone and planned to marry him but you didn’t agree with my choice, so you made the decision for me.

Apparently I begged you to see sense, that there was no way I could love Rath when another already had my heart. You absolutely refused to accept my choice and banned me from ever seeing him again. You told me he was a threat to everything we stood for. I started seeing him in secret. Max, it was Khivar, the man that killed us all!” explained Isabel, finally letting the tears flow freely.

“Don’t you see Max? I’m the one that caused all of this.”

Max was shocked to say the least. He knew his sister had been keeping something inside but he couldn’t even fathom that it would be something like this.

“Isabel, look at me,” demanded Max, as he gently placed his hands on her face. “That’s not you Isabel. The fact that you told me this now, proves that you’re nothing like Vilandra, just like I’m nothing like Zan. I trust you with my life Isabel. I know you wouldn’t hurt us in any way. She may have told you a pack of lies.”

“That’s wishful thinking Max.”

“We don’t know the full story, we may never know, but I DO know you Isabel. Even though you don’t like other people to see the real you, I do. You care about the people you love and would protect them at all costs.”

A forceful sob emitted from Isabel as she launched herself into her brother’s waiting arms.

“Oh Max, it’s been so hard keeping this from you but I was so afraid.”

“I’m glad you trusted me enough to tell me. This group is being torn apart by half truths and outright lies. If we’re going to do this then we need to trust each other more now, than ever,” said Max.

“What about Liz, Max?”

“Honestly, I’ve been so off balance since I saw her with Kyle. It’s like everything I ever believed in, everything I ever thought was true, real, just disappeared overnight. How could I have got it so wrong?”

“What if we find out that she never slept with Kyle, Max?” asked Isabel.

“Then Liz and I have a long talk ahead of us,” replied Max.

“What about Tess? Do we trust her?”

“I don’t have all the answers Isabel. She did save Liz even though she hates the ground she walks on but I can’t help feeling that she’s got her own agenda.”

He was about to say something else but was interrupted by loud banging coming from downstairs.

“Come on, that might be Michael. Let’s talk about this when we have more time,” said Max.

Tess was pacing the room as Isabel and Max came out of the office.

“So glad you could join us your highness,” sneered Tess.

Max bristled at the use of his formal title.

“There’s no need for that Tess,” said Max.

“For Christ sakes Max, let me in!” shouted Michael, as he pounded the door.

Max removed the green shield from around the door, used his powers to un-meld the lock and removed the blockade he had created with filing cabinets.

“About time,” said an angry Michael, as he stepped through the entrance of the UFO centre. “What the hell took you so long?”

“Sorry. I take it you didn’t have any problems?” asked Max, not voicing the question he really wanted answered. Was Liz safe?

“I wouldn’t say that Max. I think we have a whole load of new problems but now is not the time to discuss it,” replied Michael.

“Are you talking about what Liz showed you?”

Michael just nodded.

“We need a plan Maxwell because I’m not leaving them in that chamber.”

“I counted at least twelve skins, including Nicholas, before we ran for cover in the bathroom and Tess warped Ida and Nicholas,” said Isabel.

“That means they split up to search for us,” said Max. “We need to find out exactly how many we are dealing with. I know all four of us have to face Nicholas if we want to stand a chance of getting out of this alive. I noticed Nicholas didn’t stick around when he knew we were winning,” replied Max.

“He’s probably regrouping his troops as we speak. If the others hadn’t been there that battle could have had a different outcome. Let’s face it, our friends saved our asses out there,” said Michael.

“We don’t need the humans for this. We are strong enough to defeat them on our own. They would only get in the way and distract us,” said Tess.

“You believe that if you want Tess but if it wasn’t for Alex, Kyle, Maria and Liz some of us wouldn’t be here right now. Kyle saved your butt by shooting the skin that was creeping up behind you, just as Alex saved mine.”

“I’m not saying they didn’t help Isabel. I know that you all have connections with the humans and yes, they did save our butts, but they aren’t here now. We have to start working as a team and watching each other’s back or we won’t get out of this alive. That would leave them stuck in the pod chamber and we wouldn’t want that,” replied Tess.

“I think we need to split into two teams. Isabel you’re with Michael and I’m with Tess. Let’s scope the area to find out how many we are dealing with. Leave your phones on silent and we can communicate that way. Once we know how many there are we regroup and decide what to do next,” said Max.

Max and Tess were the first out the door just in case there were any skins waiting outside. Isabel and Michael followed shortly after. None of them noticed Ida coming out from her hiding spot and contacting Nicholas.

“They’re making this so easy. They’ve split into two groups. It won’t be long now,” she whispered.

Little did Ida know that Nicholas had his own plan to get off this god forsaken planet and it didn’t include any of the remaining skins.
Last edited by Janetfl on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Cpt 6 25/July/11

Post by Janetfl »

I have to admit I was a little nervous about writing this because it's the first time I've done a crossover story. I can't thank you enough for leaving great feed back.

Courtney
garcia88
Timelord31
AvalonRose
Natalie36
Carrie
cjsl8ne

It won't be long now ... :wink:

Chapter 6

As an eerie quiet came over her friends, in the chamber, Liz sat down near the granolith. It wasn’t as if she needed constant chatter to make her feel comfortable but she was nervous. Her friends had a lot to digest with everything she’d told and shown them.

She understood how they felt because she had done the same thing after Future Max had shown her his life, or rather the ending of it. After completing her mission, successfully breaking Max’s heart and turning him away from her, she retreated into herself.

Everyone had assumed it was because of the problem between her and Max, but that wasn’t the major point of her distress. It was seeing the faces of dying men, women and children lying on the floor groaning, bloodied and begging for help. It was a constant reminder to Liz that one day everything could be ripped right out from underneath her. She just hoped that everything she’d done so far would make it work out better this time around.

Her friends now shared the same burden that she shouldered for the past few months and soon so would Max. She wondered how he would feel once he finally found out the truth. Liz knew that in some way he would feel relieved to know that she never slept with Kyle but she also didn’t kid herself about the fact he would be angry with her for keeping this from him.

There was also the small matter of her powers and going behind their backs to get the key to the granolith. Would they understand why she did it? Or would they think she was the enemy now.

“You know this whole situation is screwed up,” said Kyle, breaking everyone’s internal musings. “I mean think about it, if they don’t return to their own planet then their war will come here.”

“So what are you suggesting Kyle? They should go home?” asked Maria.

“Hell no Maria, that’s not what I’m suggesting at all. I know Max and I have our differences but if they went back now I doubt they would survive. They haven’t honed their powers out of fear of being discovered. They would be wiped out the moment they arrived. The only one powerful enough to stand a chance would be Tess and we don’t even know what freaking side she’s on.”

“So then what’s the answer?” asked Alex.

“Courtney said she felt the shift in time when I changed things with Future Max. I’m not sure if it’s one of her powers or the rest of the skins felt it also. She did warn me that Tess wasn’t on our side and that she planned to have Max, Isabel and Michael executed but before I could get more information out of her she turned to ash,” said Liz.

“Oh my god! That means that we’ve left them with the she devil herself!” yelled Maria.

“Wait a minute, didn’t you say that Future Max gave you the seal Liz?” asked Alex.

“Yeah he did, why?”

“That explains it then,” said Alex, as if it was obvious.

“That explains what?” asked Kyle, confused.

“I don’t think Future Max was as misinformed as we thought he was. Think about it. For Future Max to pass the seal onto Liz in this timeline, Tess must not have been his Queen in the other timeline otherwise he couldn’t have passed it onto Liz. That means Tess was never his Queen, not even on Antar.”

“That’s not strictly true. She could have been his queen on Antar but because of their deaths the seal was embedded into Max’s DNA only,” replied Liz.

“True, but that’s not what I’m trying to say Liz,” said Alex.

“Oh I see where you are going with your line of thinking. If Tess isn’t Queen then she can’t control the granolith,” said Maria.

“Exactly, which means she needs Max in order to operate it.”

“That means Liz has played right into her hands by leaving him to his destiny,” replied Kyle.

“Nope, it’s Future Max that’s got one over on Tess,” said Alex with a smile, finally realising what Future Max was doing.

“I don’t understand,” said Maria.

“Okay, in Future Max’s timeline, he never found out about the book or key before it was too late. He did find out that only he and his queen could operate the granolith. Now let’s look at this timeline. Liz knows all about the key and the destiny book because Future Max showed her when he gave her the seal. Liz is armed with the knowledge of the impending war, the key and destiny book and now has the power to operate the granolith and Tess doesn’t even know it yet,” explained Alex, pleased that he’d figured it out.

“What? You think I can operate that thing?” asked Liz, looking at the sleek black inverted cone.

“You should be able to, you have the key and the seal,” said Alex.

“But I wouldn’t even know where to start,” responded Liz.

“No, but I bet the destiny book has some answers.”

“But Tess can only read a small part of it. How can we get the answers from that?” asked Maria.

“Do you honestly think that Tess spent that much time with Nasedo without him translating it for her? She knows exactly what that book says. Tess already had the book and key but what she didn’t have was the location of the granolith until recently. That’s why she infiltrated herself into our group. My bet is she’s already tried to operate the granolith but it didn’t work, because she doesn’t have the seal,” explained Alex.

“So that’s why she’s so hell bent on her and Max being together. So she can get the seal and operate the granolith,” said Kyle.

“Yes,” replied Alex.

“So we’re still screwed,” said Liz. “She’s never going to tell us what the book says and I can’t read Antarian.”

“Have you tried since Max transferred the seal to you? I’m sure he wouldn’t have left the fate of two worlds on your shoulders without giving you everything you need to complete the mission,” said Alex.

“No, I haven’t tried. I just took the book and key,” replied Liz.

“You have to look at that book Liz. Anyway, I don’t think Tess is going to let anything happen to Max,” replied Alex.

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean Michael and Isabel are safe,” said Maria.

“I’m so sick of this shit!” yelled Liz, making everyone jump.

Maria slowly rose from her sitting position.

“Honey, what’s wrong?”

“Why does this thing with Max have to be so difficult? I can’t help thinking that whatever we decide it’s going to be the end of the world! I mean how stupid does that sound! If I stay with Max and admit my true feelings, the world ends and if I don’t then the scheming bitch gets her claws into him and he gets executed. I can’t win!”

“Well there is a bright side to all of this,” said Kyle.

“And that would be?” said Liz, giving Kyle a death glare.

“At least we can get out of the cave, if need be. We won’t starve to death,” said Kyle.

Liz groaned, turned around and placed both her hands and forehead on the smooth surface of the granolith, fighting the urge to blast Kyle into a million pieces. The coolness, against her heated skin, was helping her get her simmering temper under control.

“Er Liz, what are you doing?” asked Maria, in a shaky voice.

“Trying to fight the urge to blast Kyle into tiny molecules,” said Liz.

"Gee, thanks Liz."

“No, I mean why are your hands glowing like that?”

Liz looked up at her hands and gasped in shock, she was just about to remove her hands from the alien relic when she was suddenly engulfed in a bright white light and felt a pulling sensation.

“LIZ!” shouted her friends as the light surrounded her.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Cpt 7 06/Aug/11

Post by Janetfl »

Thanks to everyone who left feedback.

pandas2001
garcia88
Natalie36
Courtney
AvalonRose
ja.forster

HypnotiqBlueEyes: Welcome and thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I hope you enjoy this story as much as I do writing it.
cjsl8ne

Chapter 7

Maria started to panic when she saw the light surrounding Liz. Surely this wasn’t supposed to happen, not now anyway. Liz hadn’t even used the key so why the hell was the granolith responding to Liz’s touch?

“What do you think is happening?” asked Maria.

“How the hell should I know!” yelled Kyle.

“Do you think it will hurt her, you know, because she’s human and not alien?” asked Alex.

“I don’t know but she hasn’t used that key thingy. Surely it shouldn’t do that,” said Maria, pointing at Liz.

“Come on, whatever it is we can’t let Liz go through it alone,” said Alex, grabbing hold of one of Liz’s wrists, trying to yank it away from the granolith.

As soon as Alex touched Liz everything faded from view and he felt a weird pulling sensation. He too, was then surrounded by the light.

“OH MY GOD! NOW IT HAS ALEX!” screamed Maria.

“LOOK! LOOK AT LIZ! SHE’S STARTING TO DISAPPEAR!” yelled Kyle, frantically.

“NO, THIS CAN NOT HAPPEN!” screamed Maria.

“OKAY, YELLING ISN’T GETTING US ... anywhere. We have to calm down Maria. Help me grab the backpacks,” instructed Kyle.

“WHAT? You’re planning on joining them?” asked Maria.

“Look, we don’t know what’s happening. Liz is freaking disappearing as we speak. Alex is caught up in that thing as well. We either join them Maria, or get stuck here. I better my chances with Liz and that thing, no offence.”

“None taken. Okay, we can do this,” said Maria trying to convince herself, as she picked up both Alex’s and her own backpack.

“Okay, here goes nothing,” said Kyle, as he placed his hand on Liz’s shoulder, while Maria grabbed hold of Alex’s.

When all four of them had connection to the granolith it pulled them inside.

After Liz initially felt the pulling sensation, she suddenly felt like she was flying and then came to an abrupt halt. She had the feeling of floating before she dared to open her eyes. At first she felt panic because it was dark but then three shapes started to form before her eyes.

As the forms took shape she realised it was her friends.

“Oh thank GOD!” said Liz, as her friends finally came into full view.

“What the f... where are we and why do I feel like I’m floating?” asked Kyle, looking confused.

“I think we’re inside the granolith,” suggested Alex.

“That would be a correct assumption,” a disembodied voice echoed through their minds.

“What the ... did you just hear that?” asked Kyle.

“Yeah, but not with my ears,” replied Maria, looking around to see who was talking to them.

They all heard a slight chuckle in their minds.

“You are a rather amusing species. I’m talking to you telepathically.”

“You can talk?” asked Liz.

“Well of course I can. How else would I communicate?” asked the amused voice.

“Okay, anyone get the feeling he’s mocking us?” asked Alex.

“How do you know it’s a he?” asked Maria.

“Well, I just, I don’t know really,” said Alex, scrunching his face up in confusion.

“I’m not a he or a she; I simply am. I am everything and nothing.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? That doesn’t make sense,” replied Alex.

“I exist everywhere, yet nowhere.”

“This is getting frustrating. Can’t you answer a simple question without replying in riddles?” barked Kyle.

“I am, in what your language, would call a sentient being. I believe that description is closest to what you could call me.”

“So you can think and feel?” asked Liz.

“Essentially, yes.”

“So then how come you allow yourself to be controlled by someone?” asked Liz.

“Ah, you mean Zan and his Queen?”

“Well yes, if you can think and feel for yourself then why follow someone’s orders?”

“Oh my dear child, I do not follow anyone’s orders. I merely choose who aid.”

“So we follow your orders?” asked Alex, getting even more confused.

“No, I do not enforce my will on anyone. I am, however, a guide for all. I exist in all timelines and aid those who are worthy. I maintain a balance between the different dimensions.”

Liz started to get angry.

“So if you are this powerful sentient being, who aids those who are worthy, then why did you allow Zan, Vilandra, Rath and Ava to die at the hands of a tyrant?” yelled Liz. “Or, even better yet, why send them here and bring their war to us? Why did you allow Max to be taken by the FBI and tortured? What about Future Max? Why did you allow him to travel back in time and ruin everything?”

With each question Liz asked, her voice rose until she was practically screaming at the granolith.

“All those questions are relevant ones my child. You have chosen wisely what questions you ask. Most ask about what I can do for them, you ask for your friends, Earth and a planet you don’t even know. I will provide you with the answers that you seek but be warned, I cannot take that information back once you have received it. You will live with that knowledge for the rest of your life. Is that what you are prepared to do?”

“Liz, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” said Maria.

“I agree. We don’t know what that thing is going to show you Liz. What if it has some sort of effect on you?” agreed Kyle.

“Alex, what about you?” asked Liz.

“Honestly, I trust you to make the right decision Liz but what if you don’t like the answers you seek? It’s not as if you can erase them from memory and it might affect the relationships you have around you. Are you willing to sacrifice everything you know now for what you could know?”

“They need answers Alex. We need answers. If this can help us in some way is it not worth it?”

“Not at the cost of your sanity,” replied Alex.

“I’m ready,” stated Liz.

“If Liz is going to do it then we all should. Something like this is too much for one person,” stated Maria.

“I’m afraid that’s not possible.”

“WHY! It’s not fair that she has to shoulder all this on her own! She’s only young, she should be worrying about what top to buy not some intergalactic war!” yelled Maria.

“I cannot explain my reasons to you. Liz will understand when I show her the answers.”

“I’m ready,” repeated Liz.

“Then I shall begin.”

Maria, Kyle and Alex suddenly felt as though they were on solid ground again. A bright white light surrounded Liz and her image changed. Instead of the combats and t-shirt she was wearing she was now covered in a white robe that glowed. She floated to a horizontal position, her hair flowing all around her, as if she was surrounded by water. It was a beautiful sight, until she started to violently convulse.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER?” yelled Kyle, trying to move towards Liz.

He found that his feet couldn’t move.

“This is wrong. Liz shouldn’t have agreed,” said Alex, as he watched on in horror.

Images were rushing through Liz’s mind and with them came all the emotions. It felt as if she was being hit from all sides by intense pain, heartache, hate, jealously, destruction, death, fierce loyalty but mostly an intense love that could rival no other.

As the negative emotions hit her she screamed out, it felt as if her brain was splitting in two.

“I can’t take anymore!” she yelled.

“You have to learn to block the emotions Liz. You have the ability to control it. Don’t let it stop you from obtaining the answers you seek. Trust me.”

“I can’t, it hurts.”

“You are fighting it Liz. Open your mind to what I am showing you. The emotions and pain will recede I promise you.”

“HOW!” yelled Liz.

“Relax. Let the images flow instead of fighting them. You are trying too hard to see. There is no way your mind can keep up. You have to let go.”

“The images, they’re going to fast!”

“You don’t need to process them. Once I’ve finished your mind will process them for you. Just let go.”

A sudden flash of Max’s face came into view.

“I’m here with you Liz. We can do this. Believe in us.”

With that said, Liz finally freed her mind.

Maria had tears streaming down her face as she watched her friend twist and turn as though in agony. She heard the one sided conversation Liz was having and realised that the granolith was now speaking solely to Liz.

“We have to help her,” said Maria.

“There’s nothing we can do Maria. We can’t even move our feet. I think the granolith is somehow keeping us here. I don’t think it wants us to interrupt the process.”

“Look at her Alex, look at what it’s doing to her. She screamed that she couldn’t take anymore and yet it still carries on. What if this thing kills her?”

“LOOK!” yelled Kyle, making the other two jump in fright.

Alex and Maria turned to look at Liz. She was no longer convulsing she looked almost serene. Maria did notice, however, that she had rapid eye movement.

“Is she, is she still alive?” asked Alex.

“Yeah, her eyes are still moving. I think ...”

Before Maria could finish, the light surround Liz extinguished and she floated down to the floor. The force that was keeping her friends from moving suddenly disappeared and they ran towards Liz to see how she was doing. They stared as the image of Liz changed. She was no longer in the white gown but back into her usual clothing.

As Liz opened her eyes she could only see blurry images. When she finally managed to focus she saw her friend’s concern on their faces.

“Oh my god, what did that thing do to you Liz?” asked Maria, the evidence of her tears still on her face.

Liz couldn’t take all the images that were still whirling through her mind’s eye. She scurried back, on all fours, from her friends.

“DON’T!” she yelled. “Don’t touch me.”

Liz started to violently tremble, placed her head on her knees and wrapped her arms around them.

“Liz?” Alex said gently, so as not to scare her. “Can you just tell us if you are okay? Watching what you went through was scary and we couldn’t move. We just need to know that you are okay.”

“I, I don’t think I’ll ever be okay,” Liz said, her tone cracking towards the end.

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?” yelled Kyle.

“I showed her what she needed to see. She has residual images running through her mind at the moment. This process was not supposed to be done on a human but she is strong. She will return to normal soon. Just give her some space.”

As the final haunting images stopped whirling around her head Liz suddenly felt extremely dizzy. She quickly turned around and threw up the meagre contents of her stomach. She felt like she hadn’t eaten in days as she dry heaved.

“Liz?” whispered Maria painfully, as she gently gathered Liz’s hair away from her face.

Once the dizziness passed Liz wiped her mouth with a tissue that Maria had handed to her.

“Here Liz, swill your mouth out with this,” said Alex gently, as he passed a bottle of water to her.

“Thanks,” said Liz, after she spat out the foul taste in her mouth.

She quickly waved her hand over the mess she’d made then did the same to her mouth. She turned and looked at the worry on her friend’s faces.

“I’m alright now.”

“What the hell was that Liz? We heard you and couldn’t stop what was happening,” stated Alex.

“I was trying to focus on what the granolith was showing me. It was going too fast. It felt like I was being split in two but once I stopped trying to see everything with my eyes and let my mind take over I was okay.”

“So what did it show you?” asked Maria, curiously.

“That, I’m afraid, I can’t tell you. I just know what has to be done now.”

“I get the feeling we aren’t going to like what comes next,” said Kyle, getting a bad feeling.

Liz stood up and reeled in her emotions.

“There’s one common denominator that goes across all timelines,” said Liz.

“Which is?” asked Alex.

What Liz said next shocked them all.

“We need Tess.”
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Cpt 8 22/Aug/11

Post by Janetfl »

Sorry I've been busy over the last two weeks but I've had fun. I wanted to thank everyone who left feedback.

Courtney
pandas2001
Natalie36
AvalonRose
cjsl8ne
ja.forster

stacie.r/lovestvd: Thank you for offering to help me with my facts on Legend of the Seeker! If I was following the books I would definitely take you up on that offer since I'm still reading through them but I'll be following the show instead (I still might need to clarify a few points though).
eagle219406: Thank you for leaving feed back. You are correct when you stated about Kahlan wearing the dress before she became mother confessor and about the other confessor in the episode 'Denna'. Thanks for pointing that out.

Okay, on to the next update ....

Chapter 8

As Jim made his way towards the billboard he, Alex and Kyle had seen this morning, a strange feeling started to course through his body.

“Oh god, not now, it can’t happen now!” yelled Jim, as he slammed his fist against the steering wheel of his cruiser.

He noticed his hands flicker from being solid to almost like a translucent liquid form.

“I have to do this for them. I can’t go yet!” yelled Jim, as he pulled up to the billboard. “Just a few more minutes and this will be over!”

Jim was praying that he could do this in time. If not, he didn’t know what would happen to the kids. He couldn’t believe that he’d let them down.

As Jim stepped out of the cruiser his body shimmered and then disappeared. The last words that Jim spoke could be heard echoing through time.

“I’ve failed them!”

“Jim should have destroyed that thing by now,” said Michael, as he checked his watch.

“Oh god, what if he didn’t make it?” asked Isabel.

“At least he had the foresight to tell us where the billboard is. Once we’ve dealt with the skins we can go and destroy that thing ourselves if Jim didn’t get there in time,” replied Michael.

“What if they’ve all gone for good?” asked Isabel, asking the one question that was on everyone’s mind.

“I don’t think that’s possible. The way Courtney described what was going on with the technology, it seems that once the disruption is neutralised the humans for each alternate universe should return to their original timeline, without really knowing what actually happened. At the moment they are sort of in limbo,” explained Max.

“So what, they’re just floating around out there somewhere?” asked Michael.

“Kind of, they are between times at the moment because their human bodies can’t cope with the distortion. Once it’s gone, they should return not knowing what happened,” explained Max.

“Except for those that were here after the distortion happened?” asked Michael.

“Yeah, Liz, Jim, Kyle, everyone that was left here will still know.”

“You know what? Do you think that we could focus here? The most important thing right now is to get rid of the skins then we can worry about everything else,” said Tess.

“You know, you are really getting on my nerves,” stated Michael.

“Michael,” Max warned.

“What? Well she is! I don’t take my orders from you and I don’t appreciate the condescending tone to your voice,” he said to Tess.

Tess raised her hands in frustration.

“You know what? I give up. I’m trying to keep us on track so that we can get this over with and get the humans back as quickly as possible. It’s no wonder we were killed in our past lives if this is how you operate.”

“She’s right Michael,” said Max, when he realised Michael was about to argue.

“Yeah, she seems to be right a lot lately.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” said Max, getting angry at Michael’s accusing tone.

“Honestly, I find you listening to Tess more than the rest of the group lately, no offense Tess,” said Michael.

Tess snorted.

“I listen to her because she happens to be right at the moment.”

“Yeah, well Liz always seemed to be right but somehow you’ve stopped listening,” replied Michael.

“I’m not getting into this with you right now Michael,” growled Max.

“Yeah, just stick your head in the sand Max. That will work.”

It was taking all of Max’s control not to snap and punch Michael in the face.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” asked Max.

“I don’t know Max. Why don’t you tell us what the hell is going on with you and Liz. Why, all of a sudden, does her opinion not matter anymore? It seems to me that since Liz has been withdrawing from the group, everything is falling apart.”

“Are you saying that you can’t even operate without Liz?” asked Tess, incredulously.

“No, I’m saying that since you’ve come to town nothing has gone right. We were doing just fine until you started all your mind games.”

“Oh, so now it’s my fault?”

“Would you just STOP!” yelled Isabel. “Our friends are stuck in the pod chamber because of us. We have a small army of skins to deal with and you three can only think about picking at each others’ faults. NEWSFLASH, we all have them! None of us are perfect but we are trying to make the best of a difficult situation.

“Tess, you came here and turned everything upside down, screwed with all of our minds and yet you expect us to trust you. I think not. Michael, you are constantly going against Max no matter whether his ideas are correct or not. You NEVER accept his leadership and it’s costing us valuable time. Max, you are the biggest control freak I know, next to Liz. You micromanage everything instead of trusting the people around you! My fault is never really speaking my mind, always being stuck in the middle of everyone trying to keep the peace and never really voicing my own thoughts! I’m sick of this. It changes today.”

Max, Michael and Tess all looked at Isabel like she’d grown a second head. They had no idea where her outburst came from but what she had said was the truth.

“You are right Isabel. We need to work as a team now more than ever. We need to put our differences aside until this is dealt with. Let’s split up into two teams like we originally agreed, work our way around each block and meet in the middle. We should be able to find them that way. Agreed?” asked Max.

“Agreed,” Tess said.

“Yep, let’s get going. The sooner we sort this out the sooner we can get our friends to safety,” replied Isabel.

“Whatever,” grunted Michael.

Tess and Max went one way, while Isabel and Michael went the other.

Ida watched from behind one of the buildings and couldn’t believe they had split into two teams. They were making this way too easy. She quickly pulled out her communicator and informed Nicholas that Isabel was on her way.

“She’s with Michael so be careful, he’s the unpredictable one,” whispered Ida.

“They don’t even know what they are capable of. I don’t think that either of them will be much of a threat,” replied Nicholas.

“Yeah, tell that to our comrades who died at Copper Summit,” said Ida. “We underestimated them then, let’s not do it now.”

“Point taken, now what about the humans?” asked Nicholas.

“I haven’t seen them since the last battle. I’m hoping they have succumbed to the dimension drift but I overheard one of the hybrids say they were in some kind of chamber.”

“It’s the pod chamber. We can’t get inside it without Tess but Max is needed to operate the granolith,” said Nicholas.

“Are you telling me you know the location of the granolith?”

“Yes, of course I do. They made the mistake of showing Tess and now she’s revealed its location to me.”

“Then why the hell are we bothering with the hybrids? We’ve got what we were sent here for,” said Ida, irked.

“You insolent fool. We need Max to operate the damn thing otherwise it’s useless.”

“Then why the hell does Khivar want it back if Max is the only one to operate it?”

“Are you questioning my authority or Khivar’s for that matter?” asked Nicholas, his voice growling with anger.

“No sir. I have to go before I lose sight of Max and Tess.”

“Fine, I’ll see you at the arranged meeting point. Only approach them after I’ve secured Isabel and Michael. Do you understand?”

“Of course I do. I’m not an idiot!” snapped Ida, as she followed Max and Tess at a discreet distance.

“So, what did Liz show you that was so important?” asked Isabel, still keeping her eyes peeled for an approaching skin.

“I don’t even know where to start Isabel. I can’t really explain it to you. I have to show you so that you can understand the full ramifications of what Liz has done and gone through. I know that my estimation of her was way off. I thought I respected her but nothing prepared me for this. She’s never steered us wrong so far, that’s why I can’t understand how we all acted towards her after what happened with her and Max.”

“She cheated on him Michael. What more is there to understand?” snapped Isabel.

“So when Max cheated on Liz with Tess, that was okay?” asked Michael.

“No, of course not but that was alien related. Max couldn’t control his actions since Tess was implanting stuff into his brain.”

“So that made it okay?”

“No, but he wasn’t in control of his own actions. Liz was. She told him how she wanted normal boys and then proceeded to cheat on him with Kyle of all people!” hissed Isabel.

“What if she wasn’t in control of her own actions Isabel? Did that ever occur to you?” asked Michael.

“No, did it ever occur to you?” asked Isabel, defensively.

“No and that’s what scares the shit out of me. We all learned to trust Liz, Maria, Alex, Kyle and finally the Sheriff. We didn’t do this lightly. They earned our trust by helping us out, by protecting our secret and even putting their own lives at risk time and time again. Now consider this, Tess and Nasedo come to town and play with our minds and emotions. Yes, we don’t trust them immediately but after Max was caught in the White Room and we all worked together to get him out we activate those orbs. They tell us about our destiny but what if it’s not true Isabel? What if Tess messed with our minds then?”

Isabel felt suddenly ill.

“Are you saying that Tess has been mind warping us?”

“Honestly, I don’t know but it confuses me how we could just forget about everything Tess did to us when she came into town. How she lied to us. Then when Liz does one bad thing we forget everything she’s ever done for us.”

“What does this have to do with Max and Liz? She still cheated on him.”

“Did she? Think about it. Would you have thought Liz capable of doing something like that after everything she’d been through?”

“Well no, that’s why it hurt so much.”

“That’s my point Isabel. It’s out of character for her to do something like that. Yet none of us realised it because we were too involved in ourselves to even notice what was happening right in front of our eyes.”

“So are you telling me that Liz never slept with Kyle? Or are you telling me that she did but she was being controlled by an alien?”

“I’m telling you that it’s both Isabel.”

“WHAT!”

“She never slept with Kyle but she was also being controlled by an alien, one she trusted with her life.”

“I don’t understand Michael. You’re talking in riddles.”

“You will, once I show you everything. I just wanted you to be prepared because believe me once you know you are going to feel like the lowest scum on this planet or any other.”

Isabel fell silent as she concentrated on what Michael had hinted to her. She had thought Liz would never do anything like that but after seeing what state her brother was in because of it, she automatically took his side.

It was driving her nuts having to wait to see what Liz had shown Michael and also why she chose him to show it to but she also knew that they had to deal with this problem first.

She never heard the skin that attacked her from behind, placing his hand over her mouth before touching her temple and knocking her out with a burst of power. Michael on the other hand did hear the other skin approach him and blasted him.

When he turned around to see if Isabel was okay he noticed five other skins, all with their hands raised ready to attack.

“Oh crap.”
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Cpt 9 22/Oct/11

Post by Janetfl »

WELCOME BACK everyone! Thanks to everyone who left feedback.

AvalonRose
Courtney
Natalie36

Okay now I have to point out that I don't have a beta reader for this story so if there are any mistakes I apologise. I do re-read my work after the chapter is finished but sometimes you just miss those errors.

Chapter 9

To say that the group was shocked by Liz’s revelation was an understatement. Since Liz had already explained that Future Max had shown Tess couldn’t be trusted, Liz was now telling them that she was needed in order to either win the war or set this timeline right.

“Wait, please tell me that you’re not talking about destiny again,” said Maria.

“Look it’s difficult to explain but I’ll try. It’s not the fact that we need Tess in order to complete the four square or anything like that. It’s simply the fact that she is the catalyst for starting the war. If we can get Tess on our side then we stand a good chance of stopping this war before it’s even started,” explained Liz.

“Liz, forgive me for being the voice of doom here but how the hell are we going to get Tess on our side? Courtney already told us that she plans to have Max, Michael and Isabel executed as soon as they return home and we’re not going to let that happen. I assume that stuff you showed Michael is going to change Max’s mind on getting up close and personal with her, so as far as I can tell nothing we do now will change her mind. She’s not the type of person to let something like that slide, especially when she knows that she can get home using the granolith,” said Alex.

“Yeah and humans are not high on her list so she doesn’t give a damn about what happens to us. She’s proved that time and time again by saying that if they leave us behind then we won’t be in danger. That just proves how little she understands human nature,” agreed Kyle.

“Then it’s up to us to change her mind,” replied Liz.

“Liz, I think that’s optimistic you talking,” said Alex.

“No, she will be shown the error of her ways but it’s going to take time and effort on your part.”

“I hate it when you just pop into our heads like that! Can’t you give us some sort of warning,” growled Kyle.

“Kyle, would you stop trying to piss off the granolith!” yelled Maria.

"What is this ‘piss off’ you speak of?” asked the granolith, amused about the feelings he was sensing after the question.

Maria blushed.

“It’s kind of a naughty way of saying angry,” explained Maria.

“Ah, what you humans call swearing?” asked the granolith, searching its data bank for information on their language.

“Something like that, but it’s little swear word,” explained Alex.

“I see, so ‘piss off’ is a small swear word where as fu...”

“That would be a very bad word!” said Liz, before the granolith could complete it.

“Wait a minute, what did you mean when you said she would learn the error of her ways?” asked Kyle. “And what do we have to do with that?”

“We’re out of time Liz. I have to send you away now or you’ll disappear like everyone else.”

“Wait, where will you send us?” asked Liz.

“It’s too late. Forgive me. I have to do what’s best.”

The group fell to their knees as an intense pain shot through their bodies, they all screamed and suddenly it was over. Instead of the dark inside the granolith they were kneeling on grass, each bent over holding their stomachs.

It was Alex that was the first to come to his senses. He took a quick peek around and realised they were in a vast field with trees on either side of them.

“I, I don’t know where we are,” croaked Alex.

“Oh man, that shit hurt,” said Kyle, trying to stand up. “What the fuck am I wearing?”

“Whoa, the question is, what are they wearing?” asked Alex, pointing to the girls.

“Man, if Max could see you now I know he’d be drooling,” smiled Kyle, winking at Liz.

Kyle was dressed, head to toe, in some form of animal hide. His strong muscular legs were covered with tight, rustic brown colored suede breeches and tight leather lace up boots that came to the bottom of his knees. His long sleeved shirt was open at the chest and matched the color of his pants. Over that, was a thick leather waist coat with metal covering the most essential parts and over that was some sort of sheepskin across his shoulders. His leather belt held two double headed axes.

As Maria dusted herself off and stood up, she finally looked down at what she was wearing.

“Oh you have got to be kidding me?”

She was wearing some sort of green leather corset which had thick straps across her shoulders and a metal breast plate covering the front her body, her chest practically spilling out of the cups. That was covered by a green, deep V necked shaped tunic which was tied at the waist by a thick leather belt. Her legs were covered by green suede leather pants and boots that went up to her knees. Across her chest was an x shaped leather strap which at the back held two swords, their handles sticking slightly above her shoulders.

“Why the hell am I dressed like a bad version of Xena the warrior princess?” asked Maria.

Kyle sniggered.

“Um, I think I’m seeing a little more of my friend than I ever intended,” said Alex, pulling his eyes away from Maria’s heaving chest.

“Likewise,” said Maria, smiling as she drew her eyes down towards Kyle’s obvious bulge inside his pants.

He quickly covered his private parts with his hands.

“Well, this is embarrassing.”

“Perhaps we should find you a cod piece,” said Maria laughing, as Kyle blushed.

Alex was dressed in breeches that were a little looser around ‘that’ area. His shirt was the same as Kyle’s but a deeper brown to match the color of his breeches. A long, soft brown leathered jacket finished off his outfit. His belt held some kind of blades attached to a metal chain.

“I look like I’ve been plucked right out of that bad eighties video. You know the one where the guy is a highway man,” said Alex.

“Adam Ant,” replied Maria, laughing.

“Yeah, that’s the one. All I need now is that white stripe painted across my face.”

“Okay, so Maria looks like a bad version of Xena, Kyle looks like a barbarian and Alex looks like Adam Ant so what the hell am I supposed to be?” asked Liz, looking down at her clothes.

“Um, a beautiful version of the grim reaper,” replied Alex, looking at the numerous weapons on Liz’s person.

Liz was dressed in the same sort of corset as Maria except hers was black. A dress covered the corset but still exposed the breast part. There were slits up each leg, right to the top of her thighs and her legs were covered by tight fitting leather thigh length boots which left a little of her olive skin on show. Her ensemble was finished off with a soft black woollen cloak.

“I hope you are familiar with riding horses, if not you are going to have to walk.”

Liz immediately turned around to look at the person that had intruded on their adjustment period. Before Liz understood what was happening she had a flash of blue light surround her before she disappeared leaving wisps of blue smoke behind, only to show up behind the stranger with a dagger across his throat.

“State your business here or I’ll cut you from ear to ear,” hissed Liz.

Kyle, Maria and Alex all looked like fish out of water, their mouths opening and closing but no words coming out. It would have been comical if Liz had paid them any attention but her focus was on the person who represented a danger to her friends.

The man slowly put up his hands to show he wasn’t even going to attempt to reach for the many weapons he wore around his belt.

“You know me my child. I have taken this form so that I can help you adjust. I’m glad to see that you have learned something already,” said the granolith that had taken on a human form. “But you are scaring your friends; they do not yet understand what you already know.”

Liz immediately drew the dagger away from the stranger’s neck and blushed.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry, I don’t know what came over me. I’ve never done anything like that before,” said Liz, trying to explain her actions without bursting into tears.

When she saw the stranger standing so close to her friends she didn’t even think, she wanted to protect them and found herself with a dagger in hand threatening to slit the man’s throat.

“You’re conflicted in your emotions. On the one side you know you were only protecting your friends, on the other you threatened a life before you understood who or what I am. That is nothing to be ashamed of Liz. Not here. That instinct will help you survive. It’s what you all need to learn here.”

“What the hell was that Liz?” asked Kyle.

“I didn’t think. I just reacted,” shouted Liz, in her defence.

“No, I didn’t mean that. I meant what was that disappearing thing you did?”

“She teleported,” answered the granolith.

“Wait a minute, are you saying that Liz can now teleport?” asked Alex.

“She has many capabilities; she just doesn’t know it yet. That was instinctual. She saw a threat and dealt with it effectively but that won’t always be the case. You humans are led by your emotions and that can lead to mistakes. I am here to train you all on weaponry, how to use them and strategic manoeuvres. You have to learn to trust one another to carry out your parts within the group. It’s the only way you will survive.”

“Wait, you’re starting to freak me out here,” said Maria. “First of all what the hell do we call you? We can’t just keep saying you or granolith.”

“I never really thought about it but I think I like the name Jake.”

“Okay, Jake. What kind of shitty planet or universe did you decide to dump us on? I mean, why the hell do we need all of these weapons?” asked Maria.

“I’ve sent you here so that you can learn to fight, training you to think quickly on your feet. You will need it eventually when the war comes to Earth,” said Jake.

“I thought Liz had changed that by pretending to sleep with Kyle,” said Alex.

“No, I made it worse,” admitted Liz.

“WHAT? HOW?” asked Alex.

“Instead of fourteen years in the future, we are looking at six.”

Maria finally understood what the granolith had shown Liz. No matter what she did the war was coming anyway, unless they get Tess on their side. She also realised Liz now lived with the guilt of moving that war forward because of her actions of late and that meant Liz had millions of deaths on her hands if they didn’t do something to stop it. Oh it was all Future Max’s fault but Maria knew Liz and she knew that Liz would take the responsibility for it.

“Oh Liz, how? Why?” asked Maria.

“I can’t say Maria,” said Liz, tears pooling in her eyes as she looked sadly towards Alex and then Kyle.

“What? Do I die in the future or something?” asked Alex, jokingly.

Alex noticed that Liz didn’t laugh at his joke; in fact, he saw more pain in her eyes than he could bear to witness. He looked away and tried to get his emotions under control before he heard the rest.

“T-that’s what happens?”

Liz sadly nodded her head.

“You see by sending Max in to the depths of hell we all follow him.”

"What do you mean Liz?” asked Kyle.

He knew that somehow he was involved and he had that awful sinking feeling in his stomach.

“It doesn’t matter. We’ve changed the future again and it is yet to be determined that’s why Jake has brought us here so that we can be prepared,” said Liz.

“Oh no, that’s not going to work Liz. I want to know what would have happened,” said Maria.

“I hurt Max so much that he didn’t know which way was up. He trusted the wrong person.”

“Tess,” hissed Maria.

“Oh it’s worse than that Maria. Tess kills Alex by mind warping him to death and she got Kyle to help remove his body. He didn’t know he was doing it; she mind warped him into helping her after he witnessed what she did. She made it look like Alex committed suicide.”

“THAT IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS. WE KNOW ALEX WOULDN’T DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!” yelled Maria.

“I knew that Maria. I went onto autopilot and did everything possible to prove that Alex was murdered. The only thing was, in doing so I drew a line between the aliens and humans. The more I investigated Alex’s death ... the ... the...”

“What Liz? What did we do?” whispered Maria, dreading the answer.

“At first Maria, you were so distraught that you couldn’t think straight. You started to yell at me to leave it alone that Alex was dead and that I had to accept it. You thought I’d gone off the deep end. It wasn’t your fault Maria you were hurting and I understood that but because of ... of ... my investigation I lost you all. After a while you started to listen to me and realised something wasn’t quite right with his death so we did it together.”

“Thank god I came to my senses,” whispered Maria.

“Oh it gets worse Mara. As our investigation continued it split the group. Max and I got in to the worst fight of our lives and he threatened me with our friendship. I told him that I owed it to Alex because he was my friend to. On that night, Max sleeps with Tess and she ends up pregnant.”

The gasps heard and the whiteness of her friend’s faces made her falter. She never really wanted them exposed to all this but once she’d started it felt as if she was purging her soul.

“Anyway, she claims the baby can’t survive on Earth and they plan to leave but something happened and we realised that Alex was mind warped. When we go to Kyle he does the same thing and then suddenly he remembers. We race to the granolith but we can’t get inside. Then something amazing happened Maria, something wonderful out of this whole mess.”

“What?”

“Michael comes out of the chamber. He stays for you Maria.”

To say Maria was speechless would be an understatement. She thought that was the kind of love Max and Liz had not something that her and Michael had.

“I rushed in the chamber and explained everything to Max, which Kyle backed up. He asks us to leave and has a huge row with Tess and then he lets her leave in the granolith.”

“WHAT?” yell her friends.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT MORON!” yelled Kyle.

“She was carrying his child Kyle. He couldn’t kill her.”

“So, I know we're rushing through this and everything but what happens next?” asked Alex.

“When she returns to Antar, without the other three, Khivar is ready to kill her but she makes another deal with him. She tells him that she knows the location of the granolith.”

“Wait, you said she left in the granolith,” said Maria, confused.

“No, she left in the space ship. The granolith isn’t that big cone Maria. The granolith is this,” said Liz, holding out the crystal, the one everyone assumed was the key.

“She tells him that she knows the location of the granolith, basically lying through her teeth. That’s what starts the whole war. He comes to Earth to find it.”

“Jesus, I need to sit down,” said Alex, literally dropping to the floor.

“There are many more stories and events that intertwine with what Liz just told you but you get the gist,” said Jake.

“Why the hell didn’t you help stop it if you’re supposed to be this all powerful relic? Why did you let that bitch leave in the first place?” asked Kyle. Right now he was so beyond angry.

“I can’t interfere that way. I can guide but I cannot control the actions of others.”

“Fat lot of fucking use you are,” spat Kyle.

He was disgusted that he had allowed Tess to use him that way and that his friends all suffered for it.

“Kyle, you have to remember that’s what would have happened. It won’t happen this time. The skins coming and me suggesting going to the granolith has given me a chance to put things right. I can’t tell you how sorry I am that this could’ve happened because I believed what Future Max told me.”

“Alex, are you okay?” asked Maria, looking down at her friend.

“No, no I’m not, not really. It’s not every day that you find out you were supposed to die.”

“That’s the whole point Alex. You weren’t supposed to die. In the first timeline you were at my wedding and we all stayed friends until ... anyway I changed that.”

“So why do we get a second chance?” asked Kyle.

“Courtney,” said Jake.

“What?” asked everyone, including Liz.

“I told you I could only guide you Liz but I can do that in many ways,” smiled Jake.

“You sent her to tell me about Tess? That’s what made me show Michael the truth and also what made me suggest going to the pod chamber to be safe,” said Liz.

“You four really underestimate how important you really are. You all have a destiny to fulfil and I intend on helping you when and where I can.”

The word DESTINY would have made them groan but now it meant something different. It meant that Alex would get to live.

“Anyway, like I said earlier I am here to train you. I won’t lie to you. This is a harsh environment. There are many things I need to tell you and warn you about but for now I think the first thing we need to do is set up camp for the night,” said Jake.

The team nodded and noticed that their back packs were now a lot bigger and packed with essential things that they would need to survive out in the open.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Lost Time (LOTS XO, AU, CC/UC, ADULT) Chpt 10 22/May/12

Post by Janetfl »

I'm sorry for not updating sooner but I've been going through a remodel of my bathroom and kitchen AT THE SAME TIME! :shock: Yes, I've been driven slightly mental by all the disarray but I'm slowly getting back to normal. I've decided to post this chapter in two parts, simply because it's already 6 pages long and I haven't finished telling the story yet so expect another update either later on tonight (as I'm still writing it now) or tomorrow.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their patience and I'll be updating some of my other stories shortly.

Thank you to everyone who nominated, voted and left feed back for this story.

Carrie x 3
AvalonRose x 3
Jezebel Jinx
dreambeliever
Courtney
ja.forster
Timelord31
eagle219406
cjsl8ne

The information contained in this chapter, on the Mord Sith, was copied from this site: http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Mord-Sith the original writer is given full credit for the information.

Some scenes and quotes are taken from the episode of Vengeance (Legend of the Seeker). All credit goes to the original writers and creators.

BACKGROUND: Although the LOTS group are on the Stone of Tears quest and I'm using part of the story from the episode 'Vengeance' I'm messing with the LOTS storyline. Denna will be making an appearance in this story, even though she died earlier in Season 2. Cara is still with the group.

Chapter 10a

Over the next hour and a half Jake showed the group how to set up a successful camp and some basic survival techniques. The camp consisted of five hammocks placed between trees with an insect net and canvas covering to protect them from flying critters and the weather.

After that was complete Jake then taught the group how to safely set up and light a fire using several methods. One was the bow and drill method along with using flint stones to light the fire. Each time he would clear the fire away and ask each member to set their own until they got it right.

It took almost two hours for all four of them to master the art but once it was done the group sat around the campfire as darkness settled around them. They shared out some of the provisions that they’d managed to pack and boiled some of the water so they would at least have something warm to drink and chase away the coldness that was slowly seeping into their bodies.

“Tomorrow I will teach you how to catch your own food, skin it, bone it and smoke it so you can at least have a reserve of food when you are walking or riding long distances. You will also need to learn how to track through the woods; this way your chance of obtaining food greatly increases.”

“Oh god that sounds so freaking gross,” said Maria.

“I don’t think I’m going to be able to kill an animal let alone skin one,” said Liz.

“I’m afraid you’re going to have to get over your...” Jake paused to search his databanks for the correct word “...squeamishness. In order to survive you have to learn how to do these things or you won’t last a week here,” he explained.

“What exactly are we going to have to face?” asked Alex.

“There are things in this world that you’ve never seen or thought even possible. It’s going to test your mind and abilities to the extreme but right now I want you all to get some sleep. I’ll remain here and keep a look out for you but after tonight you’ll have to do it in shifts. I won’t be able to be around all the time.”

“Okay, well then I guess it’s good night,” said Kyle, throwing the rest of his lukewarm water away and then getting himself comfortable on his hammock.

The rest of the group retired for the night making sure their nets and canvases were secure. It wasn’t long before the night was filled with gentle snores. Jake crept up to each member of the team and gently placed a glowing finger on each of their temples.

“Rest now little ones, you have a long day ahead of you,” whispered Jake as he resumed his duty as lookout. He heard a distant cry of the Gar and instantly raised an invisible shield around the camp. He knew this was going to be difficult. They were going to have to learn that the danger they faced on earth was nothing compared to what they would face here. It was going to take a long time to explain everything but he believed in his young charges.

As the sun arose above the horizon it was Liz who awoke first, followed closely by Kyle. It wasn’t easy sleeping with the morning sun’s rays beating down on your face.

“Oh man, please tell me it’s not like 5am in the morning? And what the hell is that god awful smell?” asked Kyle grumpily, getting out of his hammock.

“It is early in the morning,” replied Jake. “And that smell is breakfast cooking over the fire I set this morning.”

“What the hell is it?” asked Maria, carefully getting out of the hammock. She wasn’t quite used to the movement of it yet.

“I managed to catch a few rabbits while you were sleeping. I’ve saved one so I can teach you how to prepare it,” said Jake, holding up the dead carcass.

Liz immediately put her hand over her mouth to stop the heave that was working its way up her body.

“I’m used to pop tarts in the morning,” said Maria, without thinking.

“Unfortunately you are going to have to get used to eating whatever you can get your hands on. There is vegetation in this area that you can eat but the meat will provide lots of protein which you are going to need.”

“I ... I wasn’t complaining or anything,” said Maria, nervously. “It’s just a little hard to adjust to.”

“I understand. I really do but you’re all going to have to learn a new way of thinking and that’s going to be difficult. In your timeline you can have whatever you want to eat, when you want it. In this timeline you are going to have to eat when and if you can. Food is scarce because most of it is going to the D’Haran soldiers.”

“Okay, don’t you think it’s about time you told us what you’ve gotten us into and what the hell a D’Haran soldier is?” asked Alex, just getting out of his hammock.

“Yes, come and sit, eat and I will explain some of the history behind what is currently going on.”

The gang grabbed some of the meat and hot water that was on a log near the fire and then settled themselves into a somewhat comfortable position, ready to listen.

“What I’m about to tell you involves the past, present and future. The best way I can describe this world that you exist on, at the moment, is like the medieval times you learned about in world history. There are Kings and Queens, wizards and witches, mystical beings that you couldn’t even comprehend. There is power that can be drawn from the Earth as well as other sources.”

“Wait a minute; it sounds as though you are describing something like Camelot! King Arthur and the sword in the stone, Merlin and all that crap,” said Kyle, chuckling slightly.

Jake quickly scanned his database to obtain the history of this Camelot and then nodded his head at Kyle.

“I would say that was an accurate description.”

“WHAT? I was only kidding!” yelled Kyle.

“Kyle, let him continue with the story or we’ll never find out what is going on here,” said Alex.

“Many eons ago there was a bloodline started that would eventually sit on the throne of D’Hara. The Rahl bloodline had obtained both Earthly and magical powers due to the two different bloodlines this child was created from. The high council of wizards, in that time, decided that it would be prudent not to allow someone with such power to hold the throne. They wouldn’t be able to resist the urge to dominate and so on the morning of the birth the wizards gathered around the child and stripped him of his magical powers.”

“The wizards were being guided by you, I assume?” asked Liz.

“That is correct. You have a razor sharp mind Liz.”

“Wait a minute, are you telling us that this world has wizards, witches and other mystical beings in it?” asked Kyle, incredulously.

“That is correct.”

Kyle sniggered more. “The next thing you’ll be telling us is that there are dragons and fairies here!”

“No, more like Gars and Night Wisps.”

Kyle just sat there with his mouth hanging open.

“Anyway, I digress. The parents of the child, who were bound by a sacred pact, could not teach the son the ways of magic but unfortunately there was an oversight on the instructions given to the parents. They might not have been able to teach the ways of magic but they did tell the child that it existed within his blood. That child passed it down to his child and him, to the next.”

“So I take it this child, that had his power stripped, was the grandfather of the one in line for the throne?” asked Alex, making sure he had the facts right.

“That is correct. The child who eventually took over the throne, after a wise and fair King died was Panis Rahl. He befriended an older direct descendant of the wizards, Carracticus. They were good friends until Panis asked Carracticus to teach him the ways of magic. He refused, so Panis set his sight on Carracticus’s son, Zedd.

“Zedd was young and impressionable but he was also very powerful. The world was on the brink of war and Panis convinced Zedd that the only way to protect D’Hara was for him to learn the ways of magic, so Zedd started to teach him believing that he could teach Panis to use his magic justly and wisely. During this time Panis tried to produce an heir with the queen but after several years he still hadn’t achieved that goal. He took on many mistresses and found out that the problem was with him, rather than the Queen.”

“I take it you had something to do with that?” asked Liz.

“I couldn’t allow the most evil tyrant to be born, so yes I did have something to do with that but unfortunately it happened anyway.”

“Zedd, he was the one who overrode your interference?” asked Liz.

“Exactly. A wizard’s greatest crime is not when he attempts to the work of the keeper but when he attempts the work of the creator. Zedd enabled Panis to have an heir to throne therefore unleashing the greatest evil this world has ever known, his son Darken Rahl. Panis had promised Zedd the position of First Wizard of all of D’Hara, a position of great power and influence. Zedd really didn’t understand that he was getting in way over his head.”

“So this Darken Rahl was born, what happened next?” asked Maria.

“Because of the interference of Zedd, Darken Rahl was born with both Earthly and magical powers, the strongest of that bloodline because it had laid dormant all those years. A great powerful witch, named Shota, came to Carracticus with a prophecy that Darken Rahl would grow up to kill his father and become the most brutal tyrant the world has ever known, so he cast a curse on the Darken Rahl child.”

“Oh my god, that’s awful! How could he be sure that Darken Rahl would grow up to be that way? He could have been killing an innocent baby!” yelled Liz.

Jake shook his head.

“You gave Shota that prophecy?” asked Liz, finally understanding.

“Yes, because I could see the future timeline but like I said earlier I can only really guide and interfere slightly. Unfortunately Panis had created his own minions to do his bidding, the Mord-Sith.”

“What the hell is a Mord Sith?” asked Kyle.

“The Mord-Sith are an elite group of women warriors. They were created by Panis to defend the master of D’Hara, from creatures and people with magic. It is their sole purpose in life and death to serve Lord Rahl unconditionally. Their devotion is unparalleled.”

“How can that be?” asked Alex.

“The gentlest and kindest girls from D’Hara are selected regardless of rank or any other factors. They make the best Mord Sith because they have further to fall. The only guideline is that they must not have any siblings. They are kidnapped at a young age along with their parents and trained on three levels, each level resulting in the girl being ‘broken’”

“What do you mean by broken? Are you talking torture?” asked Liz, thinking back to Max’s ‘visit’ to the White Room.

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about. I’d really not rather get into the description of how they are tortured but let’s just say that it involves the death of her mother and father.”

“The weapon all Mord-Sith use is called an Agiel, a magical rod that causes great pain to anyone who touches it. They use them to fight but its main purpose is to torture and break their captives or enemies, turning them into devoted pets. Each Mord-Sith wields the Agiel which she herself was broken with as a child. Lord Rahl bestows each Mord-Sith with the ability to deflect any magic used against them back at the user, strengthening its effect. They are also taught the Breath of Life, which is a magical mist that a Mord-Sith can blow into a dead person’s mouth to bring them back to life. It only works if the body is still functioning; it’s normally used to revive torture victims. Mord-Sith’s wear skin tight, red leather suits when they suspect trouble ahead or go into battle. This is to hide the blood of their victims. They wear white leather once they have successfully broken their ‘pet’.”

“That’s freaking barbaric!” yelled Maria.

“That’s the Rahl bloodline for you,” replied Jake.

“So they pretty much can’t be defeated?” asked Alex.

“Oh they can, but it’s not easy. The greatest enemy to the Mord-Sith is a Confessor. Since a Mord-Sith’s power comes from hate, the Confessor’s power to amplify love is deadly to her. It also causes several minutes of acute pain before finally killing the Mord-Sith.”

“What the hell is a Confessor?” asked Maria.

“I have many things to tell you but let me finish the story first before we delve into the different power houses and creatures that exist here.”

“Okay, so we got to the part where Carr ... Car ....”

“Carracticus,” offered Jake.

“We got to the part where Carracticus cast a curse on the Darken Rahl child,” said Alex.

“Yes. Panis was beside himself, nobody could heal the child. He was told that a very strong curse had been placed upon Darken Rahl and he had a suspicion that it was Carracticus who cast this curse. He allowed Darken Rahl to die but brought him back to life using the Mord-Sith’s Breath of Life. He visited Carracticus under the disguise of Zedd and asked Carracticus directly whether he was responsible for the curse. Carracticus told Zedd (Rahl) about the prophecy and that’s why he had cast that curse. Panis Rahl was so angry that he stabbed Carracticus using the face of his own son, Zedd. Zedd’s brother Thaddicus bore witness to this despicable act but he also witnessed Panis removing the illusion.”

“So Carracticus died thinking his own son stabbed him to death?” asked Kyle.

“Precisely.”

“I don’t think I particularly like this world,” grumbled Kyle.

“So what happened? Did the prophecy come true?” asked Alex.

“Of course it did. I had foreseen it. Darken Rahl killed his own father so he could gain control over the throne. Panis’s retinue fled the palace after word was spread but what Darken Rahl didn’t know was that Panis was actually among those people that fled. He knew the time had come for his son to betray him so he used his magic to disguise himself as one of his own servants and likewise that servant took on the role of Panis Rahl. It was he who was murdered not Panis.”

TO BE CONTINUED...