The Bones in the Spaceship (XO,Bones,TEEN,CC) Ch10 12/7[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

The Bones in the Spaceship (XO,Bones,TEEN,CC) Ch10 12/7[WIP]

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Title: The Bones in the Spaceship
Author: Steph (Buffsteraddict)
Rating: TEEN
Pairings: Still unsure.
Crossover: Roswell/Bones
Summary: Takes place in the present. (2011) Max left earth to go after his son in the third and final season of Roswell. Liz moved on and left Roswell went to University, wanting to distance herself as far as possible from Roswell and everybody she had ever known. 10 years later she is working for the Jeffersonian Institute in D.C as an Anthropologist. An event comes up, forcing Liz to go back to Roswell.
Comments/Notes: I’m a HUGE David Boreanez fan. And, obviously a huge Bones and Roswell fan, so I figured I’d throw the two shows together and come up with something.:) Definitely have more time on my hands now that I’m finished school – well until next September. So, hoping to get some good feedback from you guys! Let me know what you think.
Disclaimer: None of the Roswell characters belong to me; they belong to Jason Katims and Melinda Metz. None of the Bones characters belong to me as well; they belong to Kathie Reichs.

A big thank you to RoswellOracle for the amazing banner! Thank you for taking the time to make this xox

Prologue

2009 – Washington D.C.
Liz Parker grabbed her suitcase and started heading towards the exit. She was tired after the long flight, and all she wanted to do was get back to her apartment and get some rest before work tomorrow morning. She glanced down at her cell phone.

Still no service; which meant that getting a hold of Angela was out of the question for a couple more minutes until service decided to come back. Liz looked around trying to see if she could spot Angela through the thick crowd of people all around her. Nothing.

“Bones,”

A rough voice cut through her thoughts. She spun around and came face to face with none other than F.B.I Agent Seeley Booth.

“What are you doing here?” Liz exclaimed, distaste clearly evident in her tone. “Angela was supposed to pick me up. And, don’t call me that.”

“She couldn’t make it; something came up. So I offered to pick you up instead.” Booth said, taking her suitcase from her. “Truck’s outside, let’s head out. How was Guatemala?”

“I’m a big girl, I can carry that myself,” Liz pointed out, trying to grab the suitcase back angrily. “Honestly, I don’t understand why you’re here. Last time I checked you and I were not on speaking terms.”

“Look,” Booth said, putting down her suitcase. “I’m sorry, the last case we worked- I didn’t give you the credit you deserved.”

“Damn right,” Liz said angrily. “Try no credit whatsoever. And therefore you and I are done. No more working together. You get another anthropologist to help you, and I will stick to my lab.”

“There are no other anthropologist like you in D.C. and you damn well know it.” Booth said. “Come on, please?”

Liz rolled her eyes, grabbed her suitcase and started walking away from him. “I’ll get a cab back home.” She called over her shoulder. No way was she doing this again. She had only had worked one case with an F.B.I. Agent and she was not doing it again. She didn’t trust them. The only reason she had done it in the first place was because she had been forced to by her boss for publicity for the Jeffersonian institute. But no more.

“What is it going to take?” He ran after her trying to stop her and in the process making Liz increase her own walking speed. “Come on, Liz.” He grabbed her arm lightly but firmly enough for her to make her stop and turn around to face him.

“Seeley, I said no.” She said. “I... I’m not a forensic anthropologist. I’m an anthropologist; I deal with bones NOT dead corpses. And, I don’t trust...your kind. Working one case with you was enough. I'm not doing it anymore."

MY kind,” Booth asked, raising his eyebrows. “What does that even mean?”

“I don’t trust F.B.I. Agents.” Liz replied, not quite meeting his eye. She placed her sunglasses over her eyes. “I have go.”

She turned around, suitcase in hand and left him standing there baffled and confused.

Last edited by Buffsteraddict on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Bones in the Spaceship (Bones XO, CC, Teen) Prologue

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Thank you guys for the feedback:) Honestly, I'm having so much fun writting this fic. I had this idea in my head for a while and then today I decided to put it all together, lol. Anyway's, here's the next part. Like I said; I'm having so much fun with this that I'll probably post another part tonight and tommorow morning:) Enjoy.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter One

Roswell

Liz Parker stretched out in the hot Roswell sun. What a gorgeous day out it was. It was hot, but the air was crisp. No humidity. Which meant her hair was hopefully not going to frizz on her like it usually did in this weather.

She took a sip of her drink; cranberry vodka- her favourite – as she waited outside the Crashdown Cafe for Maria to get back out with their food.

Her plane had touched down exactly four hours ago and Maria had been nice enough to pick her up and bring her straight here to the Crashdown.

Right now, Roswell was probably the last place where she wanted to be. But she didn’t exactly have a choice. It’s not like she could have said no.

Kyle Valenti and Isabelle Evans were getting married.

And despite the fact that she and Isabelle weren’t exactly on speaking terms since she had left Roswell over 10 years ago – Kyle was still a good friend of hers. And he had begged her to come to his wedding. On was she supposed to tell him no? Besides, she hadn’t seen her parents in over a year and she knew that it hurt her mother and father. So she had decided that visit was a much needed thing to do at this point.

“Food’s here!” Maria said as she excited the double doors leading to the inside of the alien-themed restaurant. She put down two hot plates of Nachos.

“Thanks,” Liz said, digging right in. “I am starving.”

“I thought you would be,” Maria answered with a smile as she sat down opposite Liz. “You, missy, need to fill me in about everything that has been happening with you since I last saw you.”

“Trust me,” Liz answered, taking a sip of her drink. “Nothing interesting has happened since last year. Work and more work.”

“What about the love life?” Maria asked, raising her eyebrows. ‘Come on, there’s gotta be someone.”

“Absolutely not.” Liz replied. “I have not had any time for guys, except for the occasional sex.”

Maria chocked on her own drink. Blunt and straight to the point was how Liz was these days. It was crazy how this girl had changed in the last 10 years. Not that it w as a bad thing. But you could see that Liz was not the same person that she used to be. She was definitely more socially secluded; there seemed to be a lack of interaction with people in her life. She was colder too. And...it seemed as though she...lacked feelings?

“Sex? Please tell me that there’s no sex with strangers at least?” Maria asked.

“No.” Liz answered. “Sex with the occasional male friend or ex-boyfriend. But nothing serious.”

“I see,” Maria said.

“How’s married life going?” Liz asked Maria and she smiled.

“Michael is amazing,” Maria answered. “He’s amazing. Never thought I would land up saying that one day. But he really is.”

“I am so happy for you,” Liz said, reaching out across the table to touch her friend’s hand. “Really, Maria.”

“There’s more,” Maria said, unable to hide her excitement for one second longer. “I’m pregnant!”

Liz’s eyes widened. “What? Maria, that is amazing!”

“I know!!!” Maria said, practically bounding up and down in her seat. “I found out two weeks ago. I was going to call you to tell you but then I found out you were coming down for Isabelle and Kyle’s wedding so I figured I would wait to tell you in person!.”

Liz was genuinely happy for her friend. It’s what Maria had wanted all her life and now she had it. She had the house, the perfect marriage to a good guy, the dream job working as a music producer. She had it all.
“Me, Maria Deluca, married with a baby on the way!” Maria exclaimed. “Honestly, who freaking new?!”

“It’s crazy, huh?” Liz said, smiling. Time had definitely flown by. “You’re going to be a wonderful mother though I can just see it now.”

“I hope you’re right,” Maria said, sounding slightly unsure. “I don’t even know how I’m going to manage considering my damn work schedule is so busy.”

“You’ll manage,” Liz reassured her friend.

“Liz!”

Liz spun around. “Kyle!” She immediately stood up and he grabbed her, holding her tightly.

“I haven’t seen you in ages, Parker.” He said. “It’s so good to see you.”

“It’s good to see you, too.” Liz answered, giving him a squeeze. She quickly spotted Isabelle standing behind, with a look that clearly indicated that she wasn’t exactly pleased to see her there.

“Isabelle,” Liz said, nodding towards her. Isabelle hadn’t changed much. Tall, absolutely beautiful. Her hair was shorter than it was the last time Liz had seen it, and it was back to being blonde.

“Liz,” Isabelle said courteously. “It’s nice to see you.”

“Nice to see you too.” Liz answered. Neither made a move to hug the other.

“So!” Maria said, “Both of you have seats!” She ushered the two to sit down and they did. “Now’s the time to catch up on everything!”

''How is everything?’’ Kyle asked as he ushered the waitress over and requested for two drinks.

''Everything`s good,'' Liz answered. ''Nothing new to report. Same old stuff.''

''Oh, please,’’ Maria huffed. ‘’Liz just came back from Guatemala. She was there for two months helping to identify human remains.’’

''Wow,'' Kyle said, clearly impressed.

''I still don’t know how the hell you do it,’’ Kyle said, shaking his head. ''All these dead bodies. All theses corpses and blood...''

''There`s actually no blood involved,'' Liz explained. ‘’Just skeletal remains. By observing them I can tell you how they died, what they`re hobbies were, what their story was.’’

''And,'' Maria pressed on before anyone had a chance to reply, ‘’Liz is actually publishing her own book!''

"Parker, now I am impressed.’’ Kyle stated. "That is amazing."

"Yes," Liz said, taking a sip of her drink. "Well, writting is what I do on my spare time. Though spare time is not something I usually have alot of."

‘’We better get autographed copies of this book in the mail,’’ Kyle said with a grin.

‘’No worries, you`ll be getting a copy." Liz answered with a small smile. She turned her head towards Isabelle, who had remained quiet all this time. ‘’So, tell me how are the wedding plans coming?’’

‘’Oh, great,’’ Isabelle answered, clearly forcing herself to smile. ‘’Everything’s up to date, everything is pretty much done. I really had amazing help from Maria. Honestly, I couldn`t of done it without her.’’

‘’Aww,’’ Maria said, ‘’I had a blast. Besides it`s not like you didn’t help me for my own wedding, right?’’

Liz felt a small pang of guilt. Quite possibly due to the fact that she herself hadn`t been much help when Maria had gotten married a few years back. Hell she had shown up the day of the wedding and had left to head back to D.C. the very next day.

‘’So, um, Liz.’’ Maria said, clearing her throat. ‘’Listen, there`s something I have to tell you before Michael gets here.’’

‘’Let me guess,’’ Liz joked, ‘’You`re having twins?’’

At that precise moment, two things happened at once. She saw Michael’s car pulling up across the street. There was obviously someone with him in the passenger seat but because of the tinted windows, Liz couldn`t see clearly.

And at the same time, her phone rang.

"I`m sorry," Liz said quickly, "I have to take this," She got up and slid the button on the Iphone screen which would enable her to answer.

"Parker," She answered briefly.

''Sweetie, hi." Angela Montenegro; Liz`s close friend and co-worker answered. ''How`s sunny New Mexico treating you?'

''Not so bad,'' Liz answered. ''I'm doing some catching up with some old friends right now. Is everything okay?''

''Everything's fine," Angela answered. "I was just calling to see how everything was with you.''I know going home to Roswell wasn't exactly what you had in mind."

"It's fine," Liz answered as she quickly stepped away from her friends to converse with Angela. "I mean, the weather's good. And the wedding will be over with this weekend, and I'll be home soon enough."

"I wish I was there," Angela said. "Honestly, it would been nice to get away from the lab for a bit. Hodgins is driving me crazy. And, actually, so is Zack.''

"Do your best," Liz answered with a small sigh. "I'll be home soon enough."

At that moment she had been facing the busy cafe from the sidewalk. Too engrossed in conversation to even realize that Michael had gotten out of his jeep - along with this mysterious passenger. When she finally turned around, that's when she saw - Micheal Guerin and Max Evans walking straight towards the cafe.

Last edited by Buffsteraddict on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Bones in the Spaceship (Bones XO, CC, Teen) Chapter

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Chapter Two

Liz shut her eyes. Desperately hoping that when she would re-open them, this mirage before her would disappear. It simply could not be real.

She re-opened them. Sure enough; it was real.

Michael led the way with Max close behind him. Still so tall, dark, and he seemed more beautiful than ever. There was something about him – he was different – there seemed to be a glow about him now. He seemed taller and bigger than she remembered. There was something different…

Liz quickly shot Maria bewildered look and it didn`t take long for Maria to get up and rush over to her side. ''Liz, I swear I was just about to tell you.''

''Advising me that Max Evans is back from another planet 20 seconds before he actually gets here would not of helped things.’’ Liz stated calmly. "I don`t understand why you didn`t tell me. How long as he been back?"

''About a year" Maria answered, obviously feeling more than guilty at this point. "He didn`t want us to tell you. This is my fault – I should have said something before.''

''Yes, you should have.'' Liz responded. ''But obviously there`s nothing we can do at this point to change things.’’ She paused, glancing at the table where Michael and Max were now sitting at.

''Just tell me one thing,'' Liz asked, her voice lowered. ''Tell me that Tess isn`t here''

''She isn`t.'' Maria answered. ''She`s….on Antar.''

''Òh…'' Liz said. ''Okay, then. Well, let`s go sit back down.''

Maria blinked. ''That`s it?''

''What else is there to say?'' Liz said. She turned and headed back to their seats. Maria followed.

''Hi,'' Liz said, looking at Michael and then trailing her eyes to Max. ‘’Excuse me,’’ She said to the waitress who was standing at the table next to theirs. ‘’When you have a chance, do you think you could get me a refill please. Cranberry vodka.’’

''Certainly, Mrs. Parker.'' The waitress said. ''I mean, Dr. Parker.''

''Call me, Liz.'' Liz said, giving her a smile. The waitress nodded and left.

''Since when does Liz Parker drink?'' Michael asked, shooting her a look.

Since I landed back in Roswell, Liz thought to herself. ''I have a few drinks once in a while.'' Liz answered.

''So, judging by the look on your face, I`m guessing Maria hadn`t told you that Max was back,'' Michael said, shooting his wife a look.

''I told her I was sorry,'' Maria said, sheepishly. ''You didn’t give me enough time.''

‘’You had more than enough time,’’ Michael answered, shaking his head.

‘’If you don’t want me to be here,’’ Max said, speaking up for the first time. ''I understand. I can leave.''

''No,'' Liz said, ‘’It would be ridiculous. We`re all adults. There`s no need for this.''

There was a sudden loud wailing scream that pierced the air. Liz was on her feet in seconds. Something wasn`t right.

''What is that!?’’ Maria asked, panicked.

''It came from the alley by the UFO center!’’ Isabelle said, pointing across the street. She turned to look at Max. ''What do we do?''

''Stay here.’’ Max started to say, but before he or any of the guys could say something else, Liz sprang forward and started running across the street towards the scream.

''Liz!’’ Maria shrieked. ‘’Where are you going!?''

Liz didn’t stop. She continued to run blindly towards the scream. She rounded the alley, coming face to face with an hysterical, crying woman.

''It`s okay!’’ Liz said, gripping both the woman`s shoulders wanting nothing but to calm her down. ‘’What is it!? What happened!?''

''DEAD BODY!'' The young woman screamed, tears running down her face. ''In the dumpster!''

''It`s okay,'' Liz hushed her, still holding on to her. ''I`ll take care of it, try to calm down. What`s your name?''

''Jessica,'' The girl answered. Thankfully she was starting to calm down a bit. ''Are you with the police!?''

''I`m…with the F.B.I.'' Liz answered. ''I`m a Forensic Anthropologist. What happened exactly?''

''I was going to empty the trash into that dumpster.'' Jessica explained. ‘’I work at the UFO Center.''

''Figures,’’ Liz said, looking at the girls outfit.

''I opened the dumpster and-'' The girl obviously could not finish her sentence as she began shaking like a leaf.

''Wait here,'' Liz instructed the girl. She slowly made her way passed the quivering girl towards the dumpster.
She stood on her tip-toes and peaked inside. Sure enough, there it was.

''Skeleton.'' Liz whispered at the sight of the decomposed body.

''What are you doing?'' Michael exclaimed, grabbing her from behind. ''Are you trying to get killed!? You rushed over here not even knowing what to expect!''

''Michael back up right now, I don`t want you messing with evidence’’ Liz ordered him, and he immediately took a step back. She noticed that both Max and Kyle had run after her, they now stood beside Michael. Isabel stood several feet away, one arm around Jessica, who still looked in complete shock. In the background, sirens could clearly be heard in the background.

''Leave,'' Liz said, referring to Max, Michael, Kyle, and Isabel. She reached into her jacket, pulling out an identification card which stated that she worked for the Jeffersonian Institute in D.C.

''What do you mean you`re going to take care of it!?'' Isabel asked. ''I thought you were an anthropologist? Not a cop.''

''I am,'' Liz rebutted. ''I- I identify human remains.’’ She pointed to the dumpster. ''These are human remains, therefore I am simply doing my job.''

Two police cars pulled up, sirens on, horns blazing, two men stepped out of the car.

''What`s going on over here?’’ One of them said, flashing his flashlight right into Liz`s face.

''Uggh, stop that,'' Liz groaned, holding one hand to her face. ''I`m Dr. Parker, forensic anthropologist.''

The larger officer squinted at her for second, and then a look of recognition passed over his face. ''From D.C?''

''Yes,'' Liz said, holding out her identification card.

''Whoa.'' The short, skinny officer said. He extended his hand out. ''We heard all about you! You`re the famous anthropologist with that book from D.C.''

''Yes- how-'' Liz asked. ''Doesn`t matter. Perhaps we need to focus on the task at hand, wouldn`t you think? She motioned to the dumpster. "This would be a female, late 30`s, dead at least a week.''

Both officers glanced in the dumpster. The larger one of the two turned around and threw up.

Liz rolled her eyes. ''Lovely.''
Last edited by Buffsteraddict on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

A big thank you to everybody for the feedback, it`s much appreciated. Just a reminder so that you guys aren`t all lost; this takes place in 2011. And Max left Roswell in the third season to get back to his planet to save his son. Once again, thank you so much.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

CHAPTER 3

‘’This is…’’ Liz trailed off as she stood in the middle of the lab. ‘’Cozy.’’

She had requested a lab to work in; and she had been given one. Though this lab wasn`t quite what she was used to working in.

‘’Ang,’’ Liz adjusted the computer screen. This was one of the most effective ways of communicating with anybody from her lab when she on the scene of the crime far from home.

‘’Liz,’’ Angela replied from the monitor, her voice soothing and calm as always. ‘’Sweetie, how`s everything?’’ This is why Liz absolutely adored Angela. Despite that both girls were different in so many ways, Angela always kept Liz grounded. They had met a few years back in college. After college they had gone their separate ways – Liz was an anthropologist and Angela; an artist. Angela had taken off to Paris after graduation and Liz had continued on to medical school. When Liz had landed the position at the Jeffersonian and once she had learned of Angela`s return to D.C., she had quickly contacted her and had asked if Angela was interested in a part-time job working for her to re-create dead victim`s faces.

‘’I found a body.’’ Liz answered, and behind her were the remains of the body she had found in the alleyway by the UFO Center.

‘’Okay, what?’’ Angela said, ‘’you mean like alien remains or something?’’

‘’Sweet!’’ Hodgins face suddenly appeared on the monitor screen. ‘’You know that the 1947 crash in Roswell was totally real, right? The Government-‘’ And there went Hodgins. Despite being extremely intellectually smart, and an excellent Entomologist – Jack Hodgins hobby was definitely conspiracy theories. Which, Liz knew would be a problem considering she had just found a skeleton in Roswell, New Mexico.

‘’It`s not alien remains,’’ Liz reassured him. The last thing she wanted to hear right now were Hodgins` conspiracy theories on the 47` crash and Area 51.

‘’Where the hell are you anyways?’’ Angela pursued, squinting to catch a better look at Liz`s surroundings. The lab in which Liz was standing in looked more like a hunting cabin than a professional medical lab. A deer`s head hung over the main door, which was surrounded by log walls.

‘’This is the RPD Lab.’’ Liz explained. ‘’I don’t think they`re used to finding skeletons out here.’’
‘’Is that a deer`s head?’’ Angela pointed behind her.

‘’Yes.’’ Liz said, shrugging. ‘’But this place is all I got. So I`m going to have to make-do with it.’’ She ran a hand through her hair. ‘’Honestly though, this is going to take twice as long as I`m used too with no assistant here to help me. Not to mention the lack of adequate tools around here.’’ She turned to look at the bones behind her which were spread out on two tables.

‘’Well, we`re going to have to try to do our best, won`t we?’’ Cam spoke up. Cam, who`s hair was tied up in her usual work up-do, both arms crossed over her chest. ‘’Maybe I can send Zack down there to help you?’’

‘’I`ll attempt to do the best that I can,’’ Liz said. ‘’If I somehow get stuck I`ll let you know.’’

‘’Can you tell us anything about the victim?’’ Zack asked. He had been quiet the entire time, inspecting the bones behind Liz, trying to get a head start. That was Zack Addy for you. With two Doctorates under his belt; Zack Addy was by far one of Liz`s best assets when she worked in the lab. His lacks of social skills was the only a small quirk in his character.

‘’Female,’’ Liz answered, snapping the white latex gloves on. ‘’Early thirties, Caucasian.’’ She took a series of backup polaroid’s as proof, then proceeded to run her hands over each bones; looking for imperfections or any clues that might lead to why she had been murdered. ``The neck was snapped. Other than that, there doesn`t appear to be any other signs of violence.’’

There was a sudden knock on the door. Liz snapped her gloves off and turned to her computer screen. ‘’I`ll get back to you guys later.’’ She closed it shut, breaking all communication with her group.

‘’Well, well, well, Liz Parker.’’

‘’Jim Valenti,’’ Liz answered as Valenti stood in the doorway. Sheriff outfit and all. ‘’It`s so good to see you,’’ She walked over and gave him a brief hug.

‘’It`s very nice to see you again,’’ Valenti said smiling. ‘’You don`t look surprised to see me, I`m guessing Kyle told you I was Sheriff again.’’

‘’Yes, he did.’’ Liz answered. ‘’A couple of months ago actually. Sheriff in Albuquerque, right?’’

‘’That`s right,’’ Valenti said with a tip of his hat. ‘’Had to get away from this place. Granted, it`s not very far from here, but still it`s a good change of scenery.’’

‘’And you and Amy are doing good?’’ Liz asked. She knew that he and Amy Deluca had gotten a few years after she had left Roswell but she didn`t know all the details.

‘’Yes,’’ Valenti nodded. ‘’We`re definitely doing good. I love that woman, I`ll tell you. Don`t know what I would do without her.’’

‘’I`m happy for you,’’ Liz answered truthfully. ‘’Honestly, I`m for you and Amy, and Kyle and Isabelle, and also for Michael and Maria.’’

‘’And we`re very proud of you, Liz.’’ Valenti inserted, his eyes darted towards the autopsy tables behind her. ‘’I mean, look at you. Renowned scientist, working in her lab. We couldn`t be more proud of our small town girl.’’

‘’Thank you,’’ Liz said. ‘’That means a lot to me.’’

‘’If you don`t mind me asking though,’’ Valenti asked. ‘’Have you run into…’’ He paused for a split second, seeming extremely uncomfortable.

‘’Max Evans?’’ Liz asked with a sigh.

‘’Yes,’’ The Sheriff said, not quite looking at her. ‘’It`s just that, I just got off the phone with Kyle and he told me what happened. He told me that you had no idea that he was back. Kyle just wanted me to see if you we`re okay with him being back… and with what happened in that alleyway, of course.’’ He glanced behind her. ‘’That`s a lot of bones,’’

‘’I`m fine,’’ Liz answered. ‘’I`m a big girl, Sheriff. I`ve been through a lot and this is going to stop me from seeing you guys. Max is… it`s in the pass. I don`t wish him any harm whatsoever and I`m happy that he`s safe… but… I just can`t go there with him anymore.’’

‘’I understand,’’ Valenti said, a look of understanding crossing his features.

‘’Though, if you don`t mind me asking,’’ Liz said, ‘’How…exactly is it possible that he`s back? I mean…I really thought he was gone for good and…’’ She looked away. Deep down Max`s return to earth was affecting here. And she didn`t like it one bit. But on the other hand; she also wanted answers.

‘’He wasn`t supposed to come back initially,’’ Valenti answered. ‘’Somethin` happened up there on his planet. Some sort of war. He had to make a quick escape to save himself and his son.’’

‘’Wait,’’ Liz said, holding up a hand. ‘’You mean his son is here? On earth?’’

‘’Oh,’’ Valenti said, his eyes widening slightly. ‘’Maria didn`t tell you?’’

‘’No, I think she might of forgotten to mention that part.’’ Liz said, gritting her teeth together in an unpleasant manner. Now she was mad. First Maria had forgotten to mention that Max was back, and now she had also forgotten to tell her that his son was here with him as well? Had she even told Liz the truth when she had said that Tess wasn`t here?

‘’Liz, don`t blame her.’’ Valenti said, trying to fix the situation. ‘’She was probably just trying to protect Max. Maybe he just didn`t want you knowing.’’

‘’Sheriff, I have work to do,’’ Liz pointed to the bones on the table.

‘’Right,’’ Valenti said. ‘’You need anything? Any help? Whatever you need, I`m here for you.’’

‘’I`m fine,’’ Liz answered. Right now she just wanted to focus and finish up in here. And, clearly Valenti understood because he didn`t press the subject of Max any further.

‘’What happened to him?’’ Valenti asked curiously, examining the bones.

‘’Her.’’ Liz corrected him. ‘’As far as I can tell she was strangled. Her neck was snapped right off.’’

‘’Any witnesses?’’ The Sheriff asked, pen and notepad in hand. He would do anything in his power to find out who had done this to this poor woman.

‘’A girl named Jessica Jones,’’ Liz replied. ‘’One of the cops from down here spoke to her and got all her information. She was working at UFO center, she taking out the garbage and she just found the body in the trash container.’’ She sighed and ran a hand through hair. She needed Angela to do a facial reconstruction. Knowing the time of death and reason of death was great and all, but with no other lead she needed her team.

‘’I need to get my team down here,’’ Liz said, grabbing her cell phone out of the lab coat she was wearing. ‘’I`m sorry, I have to make a phone call.’’ And with that she excused herself and walked out the door.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
Last edited by Buffsteraddict on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

CHAPTER FOUR

Liz parked her Prius across the street from the Crashdown. The sun had set on Roswell, and Liz couldn`t think straight anymore. Despite having spent more than half a day in the lab, there was only so much she could find out about the victim without the help of a professional team. The Roswell police were… not exactly what she had in mind by ‘’professional team’’.

She was filled anger and annoyance that she couldn`t figure out more than she already had. All she knew was that there was something definitely off about this murder. In Roswell of all places. Murders like these around here weren`t exactly… normal. Unless they involved aliens.

Unfortunately, there was nothing she could do for the moment. And, despite having Sheriff Valenti on her side, they still hadn`t managed to uncover much and it was driving her crazy.

Liz excited her car and met up with Jim, who had just parked his own jeep behind her own car.

‘’Haven’t been here in a while,’’ The Sheriff said, nodding his way towards the small café. ‘’Haven’t had the chance to come down here too often these past couple of months.’’

‘’Well, me neither.’’ Liz said. ‘’But I don`t think the food`s changed much. And neither have the owners.’’

Jim laughed. ‘’Yeah, so I hear.’’ Both of them made their way inside the café. Both Liz`s parents were sitting at one of the booths near the kitchen doing the usual accountant business. Maria and Isabelle were sitting in the booth behind, by the looks of it going over last minute wedding preparations. There were a couple of usual clients busy eating and sipping on their Cherry Colas.

‘’Liz!’’ Liz`s mom shot out of the booth as soon as she spotted her daughter walking through the front doors. ‘’Are you okay!? Honey, you weren`t answering of our phone calls!’’

‘’Oh, I`m sorry,’’ Liz said as her mother hugged her tightly. ‘’I was so busy with this…case. I didn`t get a chance to call you back.’’

‘’Jim, it`s so nice to see you again.’’ Nancy said, turning to Jim and giving him a warm hug.
‘’Nice to see you, too, Nancy.’’ Jim answered.

‘’It`s such a shame about this…body that was found.’’ Nancy said, clearly worried about the situation. ‘’I mean…it`s unbelievable. So close to our home too. Everybody`s been talking about it around here. It`s been on the news all day.’’

‘’It`s always a tragedy,’’ Jim said, shaking his head in dismay. ‘’When a body shows up like this. But your daughter is very smart and I have faith that she`s going to be able to figure out what happened to this poor woman.’’

‘’It was a woman?’’ Jeff Parker asked, now having met up with his wife.

‘’Yes,’’ Liz said. ‘’In her early thirties.’’

‘’Oh, Jeff, this is awful.’’ Nancy said, holding a hand to her mouth in disgust.

‘’So, Jim,’’ Jeff said, trying to change the subject which was clearly worrying his wife. ‘’It`s your son`s wedding this Sunday. How you feeling?’’

‘’Excited for my son,’’ Jim said, smiling warmly at his daughter-in-law who shot him a smile of her own from the booth. ‘’Isabelle`s a great woman and she makes Kyle happy. It`s all we want for our kids, isn`t it? For them to be happy.’’

‘’It is,’’ Jeff answered.

There was a sudden shimming noise above the front door as it opened. Liz didn`t bother turning around to see who it was considering it was probably just another typical client. Being a Friday night, the place was always jam packed with students from the local high school, or outsiders coming to visit the place, hoping to run into an alien or two.

‘’Bones,’’

That made Liz turn around pretty quickly. Sure enough, there stood none other than Seeley Booth. What he was doing standing there was beyond her. But there he was, tall, dark, and handsome in his black suit, white button-up shirt, and back tie. This man clearly had the power to make any woman`s knees quiver at the mere side of him.

‘’Booth!’’ She exclaimed. ‘’What are you doing here?’’

‘’Aww, Bones, so good to see you too,’’ He said, pulling her in for a sarcastic hug. He turned to Nancy and Jeff Parker and reached his hand out. ‘’You must be Mr. and Mrs. Parker.’’

‘’That would be us,’’ Jeff said, shaking his hand. ‘’How-‘’

‘’Bones has pictures of the both of you in her office.’’ Booth said, smiling.

‘’Bones?’’ Nancy asked, quizzically. Liz rolled her eyes at the nickname. She absolutely hated it when he called her that. Especially out in public. But she couldn`t deny that the little nickname made her feel special in a way which she couldn`t explain.

‘’Yeah, that`s her nickname.’’ Booth said, putting his arm around Liz`s shoulder. ‘’Cuz she deals with Bones, get it?’’
Liz pulled away from him, ‘’Booth, why are you here?’’

‘’Because,’’ He said, pointing his finger at her. ‘’You need me.’’

‘’I do not need anybody`s help.’’ Liz said. ‘’I was clearly doing fine on my own.’’

Booth let out a fake laugh, taking a seat at one of the stools right next to where they were standing. ‘’Yeah, okay. You need me and you know it.’’

‘’How did you find out about this?’’ Liz asked, both arms crossed over her chest.

‘’I`m an F.B.I agent,’’ Booth said. ‘’Nothing escapes me.’’

Sheriff Valenti`s eyes popped wide open at the mention of Booth being an F.B.I. agent. Which wasn`t surprising. She hadn`t exactly been going around Roswell telling her old friends and parents that she was closely working with an F.B.I agent. Not with everything they had gone through in the past with the F.B.I in general. The last thing she had wanted was for Michael and Isabel to get on her case about her involvement with the Feds. And, to be honest, she hadn`t been planning on telling them about Booth but now it seemed like she didn`t exactly have a choice.

‘’Lizzie, you didn`t tell us you worked with an F.B.I agent?’’ Mr. Parker asked, clearly shocked, but perhaps impressed as well.

‘’Lizzie, huh?’’ Booth said with a small smirk. ‘’Guess we all have our nicknames.’’

‘’Shut up,’’ Liz hissed at him. He had his ways of driving her crazy.

‘’F.B.I. Agent, huh?’’ Jim asked, his eyes glued to Booth. He was clearly about to thoroughly question Booth before he let him out of his eyesight. This was normal. Jim Valenti might not have been living in Roswell anymore, but he was still extremely protective of his family. And his family included Liz as well, even though Liz hadn`t been around much in the last couple of months.

‘’Yes, Sir.’’ Booth answered. ‘’Ex-sniper with the Rangers and currently an agent for the F.B.I.’’ He smiled coyly at Valenti. ‘’I understand that your little town might feel threatened with a FED here present; what with all your alien conspiracies and whatnot and all that Area 51 nonsense. But I can assure you I`m not here for any weird conspiracy arrests. I`m here to assist Dr. Parker for the investigation of the death of a young woman. And, if it makes you feel any better, you can go ahead and question me all you want.’’

‘’I`m, uh, Sheriff Jim Valenti,’’ Jim said, reaching his hand out. ‘’I`m with the Albuquerque Police Department and we`re going to be assisting you guys for the case. Anything you need and you let us know.’’

‘’Thank you, Jimmy.’’ Booth said, picking up a nearby menu. ‘’You know, Bones has told me a bit about this place. But I would absolutely love to try the burgers here. I am absolutely starving.’’

‘’I guess we could go over the case over a burger.’’ Sheriff Valenti agreed. ‘’I could use a bite to eat myself.’’

‘’So, two burgers coming right up.’’ Jeff said.

‘’Jeff, make it three.’’ Nancy said. ‘’Liz has been in the lab all day I`m sure she`s starving.’’

‘’I`m surprisingly not that hungry.’’ Liz said. ‘’But might as well put something in my stomach.’’

‘’Liz!’’ Maria said, she had pulled herself away from the wedding stuff and had decided to come join her, most probably intrigued in this new mysterious man that had just appeared out of nowhere and seemed to know Liz pretty well. Liz looked over at where Maria and Isabel had been sitting; Isabel no longer sat there.

‘’Where did Isabel go?’’ Jim asked, as if reading Liz`s thoughts.

‘’Oh, she had to make a phone call.’’ Maria said with a wave of her hand. ‘’All this wedding stuff is making her nervous.’’ She looked at Booth. ‘’And who would you be?’’

‘’Seeley Booth.’’ Liz answered for him. ‘’He works with me.’’

‘’Hi,’’ He said, smiling as he shook her hand. “Seems like you got some good-looking friends down here, Bones.”

‘’Bones?” Maria asked a small smirk on her face.

“He calls me that.” Liz answered. “Even though he knows I don’t appreciate it.”

‘’Well,” Maria said, “This is all very interesting. Seeley are you going to be in town for a while?”

“Uh, yeah, until we get this murder solved.” He said.

“Well, I don’t know if Bones told you.’’ Maria said with a smirk, emphasizing on the nickname.

Liz shot her a killer look. ‘’You can’t call me that.’’

‘’Anyways,” Maria pressed on. “It’s our dear friend Isabel’s wedding and, well, you should come.’’

‘’Aw, look at that Bones,’’ Booth said, smiling. “Now you won’t have to go to the wedding alone because you’ll have me by your side.’’ He nudged her playfully in the ribs.

‘’And, we have the rehearsal dinner tomorrow night.’’ Maria reminded Liz. ‘’To which, of course, Seeley you are also invited too.’’

“Hey, it all sounds good to me.’’ Booth said. “I get to solve a murder and find out more information on my partner’s past. This is going to be quite an interesting weekend.”

‘’We should get back to the case.” Liz pointed out. “I need to fill in Booth about everything that I’ve discovered and then we can go from there, figure out what to do.”

The double doors opened and both Michael and Kyle walked in. Liz couldn`t help but feel relieved when she saw that Max didn`t seem to be with them.

‘’Hi, Spaceboy.’’ Maria said, a nickname which she had never seized to use when it came to Michael. She leaned up and planted a kiss on his cheek.

‘’Liz, is everything okay?’’ Kyle asked, clearly worried.

‘’I`m fine,’’ Liz answered. ‘’Don`t worry about it. Finding dead bodies, rotting flesh, and bones; it`s kind of in my job description.’’

‘’And who are you,’’ Michael, referring to Booth. You could tell my Michael`s facial expressions and posture that he was clearly on guard.

‘’Seeley Booth.’’ Booth answered for what seemed to be the hundredth time. Though a smile didn`t appear on his face this time like it had the previous times. His face remained stoic. ‘’I work with Liz.’’

‘’Oh, yeah, and what is it that you do exactly?’’ Michael asked. Liz did not like the tone of his voice one bit.

‘’I`m an F.B.I agent.’’ Booth answered. ‘’Ex-Sniper for the Rangers.’’

The tension was no clearly evident to everybody in the room and Liz felt increasingly uncomfortable. It was growing clear to Liz that Isabel had overheard Booth mention that he worked for the F.B.I. and she had proceeded to call Michael to tell him about it.

‘’Michael, I need to talk to you.’’ Liz said firmly, pointing towards the back room. ‘’Now.’’ She was not going to be taking this bullshit. Not from Michael, not from Isabel, and surely not from Max Evans.

Michael followed her without a word towards the back, and sure enough as she entered the back room Isabel was there. As soon as she saw Liz she quickly hung up the phone.

‘’We`re going to make one thing extremely clear here.’’ Liz said, whirling around to face Michael. Before she could continue Michael had the nerve to cut her off.

‘’How dare you bring an F.B.I Agent back here to Roswell,’’ He said angrily. ‘’Do you have any idea how dangerous this is! You`re putting all of our lives in danger!’’

Before he had any chance to continue his ranting, Liz`s rage had completely taken over her. Before she could stop herself, she raised her fist and slammed it hard against Michael’s face. He flew backwards, hitting the lockers.

‘’Michael Guerin you have some nerve.’’ Liz said, anger seeping through her entire body. She had not felt like this in a very long time. ‘’Thinking I would come back here to put your lives in danger.’’ She shot Isabel a dirty look, who had her hand raised in the air, possibly thinking that Liz was going to try to hit her as well. ‘’Both of you – including Max- are going to leave me and Booth alone. As soon as we resolve the murder of this girl we are leaving Roswell and you can bet your ass you won`t be seeing me for a long time.’’

And with that she sidestepped Isabel and excited through the back door that led out to the back alley. She desperately needed some much needed air before she exploded.

Welcome home, Liz. She thought to herself, slamming the door behind her. Yup. Welcome home.

********************************************************************************************************************
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

CHAPTER FIVE

"Whoa."

Seeley Booth looked down at Michael Guerin, who was sitting on the floor, rubbing his jaw.

"Yeah, she hits hard.’’ Booth said, putting the pieces together. Liz Parker had punched this guy out. "Which way did she go?’’

Michael glared up at him.

"Back door," Isabel Evans answered, running a nervous hand through her short hair. Max was going to freak out when he found out about this. And she knew that there was no hiding it from him.

"Put some ice on that, pal’’ Booth pointed to Michael`s jaw right before disappearing out the back door after Liz.

Booth had heard the commotion all the way from outside. Maybe it was all the training he had gotten from the F.B.I., but he knew something weird was going on when Liz brought that long-haired guy back there to talk. And from the vibe he had gotten from the start – this guy was all wrong.

"Liz!" Booth called out running after her. God, she was short and petite but she sure as hell was a feisty one. And she ran damn quick. "Hey, hey, hey!"

"What?’’ Liz asked as he managed to get ahead and stop her in her tracks. He stood in front of her. "Okay, what did you do to that guy?"

‘’He…made me…really, really mad.’’ Liz explained. "He said things…and."

And?”

“And, let`s just forget about it, okay?’’ Liz said, waving a hand in the air in dismissal. ‘’Honestly, can we just solve this case and get back home? It's all I really want.’’

‘’Sure,’’ Booth said. ‘’Yeah…’’ He had no idea what all of this was about. But it was rare that he saw Liz this angry and upset. She was usually in control of everything and rarely let her emotions show.

Liz heard a car door slam in the near distance and both her and Booth turned around. Liz immediately recognized Max as the one who had just come out of his S.U.V – a black Lexus of the year. He looked better than ever, his hair slicked back, and instead of the simple pair of jeans and t-shirt he had been wearing earlier he was now wearing black pants, a white button-down shirt and a black blazer. Oddly enough he seemed to be dressed a bit like Booth at the moment.

“Who is that?’’ Booth asked. “Rich lawyer from the neighbourhood or something?”

“That`s Max Evans,” Liz answered him. “And, no, he`s not a lawyer…I don`t think he is.” Liz had to admit that Max`s outfit seemed suspicious. Not that she had had the time to ask Maria about Max. She had no idea what Max was doing now that he was back on earth.

“How do you know him?” Booth asked.

“We went to high school together,’’ Liz answered. Which was true. Perhaps not the whole truth. But she didn`t see the point in telling him everything considering they would go home in a couple of days and hopefully she wouldn`t be back for a long while.

She continued to watch as Max opened the back door and a small boy hoped out. Max`s son.

Liz felt her heart drop.

“Obviously you`re not telling me the whole truth.’’ Booth said as he watched Liz`s facial expression change. “Who is he? High School sweetheart?”

“He`s no one important.” Liz said, shrugged. She moved positions so that Booth was hiding her from view, hoping that Max wouldn`t notice her has he and his young son crossed the street and headed towards the Crashdown`s main front entrance.

“Doesn`t seem unimportant from where I`m standing.’’ Booth mumbled, more to himself than to Liz.

“Look,” Liz said with a sigh. “We need to focus on this case. There`s a potential murderer out there tonight in Roswell and we have to put him behind bars before he decides to hurt anybody else.”

“You`re right.” Booth said. “What are the odds that this woman was killed by an alien, huh?”

Liz rolled her eyes. As if she hadn`t heard the alien jokes all day. “Very funny. From what I saw today, the woman was strangled. But there were no other signs of violence. Whoever did this just went right for the neck – and she didn`t fight back. Maybe because she was too weak. Or she simply didn`t have time too.’’

“And she was found where exactly?” Booth asked.

“In the dumpster by the U.F.O. museum.” Liz answered.

“Then obviously the first place to start looking would be there.” Booth said. “Did this girl have any family, do know anything about her?”

“I didn`t get a chance to talk to Valenti much.” Liz said. “I focused on the bones of the victim. The officer`s I was working with were clearly inexperienced and then Sheriff Valenti came along. I think he`s supposed to be visiting the victim`s parents tomorrow first thing.”

“Good, then I`ll go with him.” Booth said. “I`ll find out more about the victim, find out if she had any enemies- then we`ll check out the museum to see if we can find anything.”

“Sounds good to me.” Liz said. “And, for now, we should probably get some rest. I`m wiped out.”

“We probably should.”

“And, where exactly are you staying?” Liz asked, curiously.

“Cheesy motel not far from here. Took the suite but even that looks like dump.” Booth replied.

“Well,’’ Liz said. “I guess I`ll join you then. I mean- not in the same room. But, I`ll get a room there. It`ll be easier if we`re working on this case together.”

“Yeah, it would probably be best.” Booth said with a smirk. He knew that she probably didn`t want to step back inside that diner for tonight. Not after having punched out that Guerin boy. Maybe it had to do with that Evans guy too… though he wasn`t planning on pushing the subject any further. She had already knocked out one guy tonight, he didn`t exactly want to be her second victim.

“Come on, Bones.” Booth said, leading the way to his truck. Liz followed him, pulling out her phone to call her parents. Despite the fact that she was a mere few feet away from them – she really didn`t feel like stepping back into the Crashdown for tonight. She didn`t want to see anybody, all she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep.
Things were so much easier back in D.C. away from this place.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

Maria turned the “Open” sign of the Café to “Please call again”. It was now late and the Crashdown was officially closed. The last remaining customers had now left. Michael, Isabel, and Liz we`re still in the back, quite possibly talking. About what- that she had no idea. But she had remained at the front, happily discussing tomorrow night`s plan with Liz`s parents and the Sheriff.

What she hadn`t been expecting was a bloodied up Michael to return from the back room with Isabel in tow. “What happened!?” She exclaimed, her face falling as she saw her husband`s face.

Michael held a pack of ice to his face as he angrily walked to the front of the restaurant, peering out of the windows and staring out into the night clearly looking for signs of Liz Parker or that guy.

“Liz...hit him.” Isabel answered.

“Liz what?” Kyle couldn`t contain himself as he burst out laughing.

“Shut up,” Michael snapped as Kyle laughed even harder.

“Way to kill a guy`s ego.” Kyle snorted. “Getting punched in the face by a chick. What the hell did you do to her?”
“I didn`t!” Michael retorted, shooting Kyle a killer look. “I merely pointed out that it was dangerous of her to bring feds here to us.”

“Michael Guerin!” Maria exploded. “How dare you!”

“Hey! She should have been more careful! She could put us in a lot of danger!” Michael shouted

“Michael Guerin, where exactly did my daughter go?’’ Mr. Parker asked his voice low and dangerous. “You had no right. Maybe my daughter hasn`t been around much but that doesn`t mean she doesn`t care about us. She would never put any of our lives at stake.”

“He`s right.” Maria and Mrs. Parker both agreed.

“You know Liz- if she trusts this guy, then I trust him.” Maria said. “It`s bad enough we aren`t as close to Liz as we used to be and now you had to go and make her distance herself even more from us.”

“Oh, please.” Michael replied. “You don`t think she`s going to be pissed when she finds out you didn`t tell her that Max had a son?” He stared pointedly at her. “And what about you two,’’ He turned to Mr. and Mrs. Parker. “You don`t think she`s going to want to take the first flight back to D.C. when she finds out that not only do you know about us and our powers- but that you`ve been harbouring a killer in your home for the last year! A woman who killed her best friend ten years ago!”

A small whimper escaped Mrs. Parker`s lips at the mention of Tess Harding. Anger surged over Jeff as he launched himself at Michael. Michael held up a hand, a green shield emanating from his right hand, stopping Jeff from being able to hurt him.

The front door of the Crashdown opened and Michael quickly let his shield down- in fear that Liz was returning with her F.B.I. Agent. But by putting his shield down it gave Jeff the opportunity to throw himself at Michael. Both Michel and Jeff fell backwards on the floor, both trying to rip each other`s throats out, so to speak.

Kyle was quick to get out of his chair. And, Max, having just entered the restaurant with his son, was quick to step in between the two men.

“That`s enough!” Maria screamed. “Both of you!”

Finally, Max and Kyle managed to pull the two apart. Max was restraining Michael while Kyle restrained Jeff from lunging himself at Michael once again.

“You son of a bitch.” Jeff spat. “You know damn well that we were being mindwarped by that girl! If Liz knew it wouldn`t be us she would want to kill it would be you and your kind.”

Parker,” Maria said, quickly noticing Max`s young agitated son standing by the door. “Come on,” She led him away from this mess, bringing him towards the back kitchen. She turned around and shot Michael an angry, hurt look before disappearing off into the kitchen.

“What the hell is going on here?” Max asked, his hand on Michael`s chest to stop him from moving one inch.
“Liz`s partner is an F.B.I. Agent.” Michael answered. “I told her she was putting us all in danger, and then she hit me. Then I came back out here and got attacked…again.” He glared at Mr. Parker.

“What the hell has gotten into you!?” Max said angrily, his eyes flashing with anger.

“Hey, I`m trying to protect us!” Michael snapped. “And if any of you guys can`t see, well fuck that.” He pushed his way past Max, Kyle, and the rest of the group and stormed out of the place.

“Jeff,” Mrs. Parker said quietly. “Let`s go to bed. Come on.” She reached out to grab her husband`s arm, gently urging him to go upstairs.

“Mr. and Mrs. Parker, I`m really sorry for everything.” Max apologised sincerely. “I honestly have no idea what just happened. It`s not usually like Michael to act like this.”

Jeff merely shook his head in disgust as he followed his wife to their upstairs apartment.

"He had no right to do treat Mr. and Mrs. Parker that way." Kyle said angrily. "After everything they've been through-"

"Kyle," Isabel said resting a hand on his shoulder. "I know it was wrong- but you know how Michael is. He's just really protective and he's scared."

"That doesn't give him the right." Kyle answered her angrily standing up. "He should know that Liz wouldn't put us in any danger."

"Kyle, I know she's your friend but you don't -"

"Isabel, that's enough." Kyle said, holding his hand up. "I don't want to hear this anymore." He paused. "I'll just see you at home." He turned to his dad. "Can you give me a ride."

"Sure," The Sheriff said, not exactly wanting to put himself in between his son and Isabel's situation. But he was going to do what he had to considering Kyle was his son. "Let's go."

The Sheriff gave Isabel and Max an apologetic shrug before following his angry son out of the restaurant. Things were definetely clear- the next few days were going to be quite interesting.
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

A big thank you to everybody for the feedback. Once again, I`m so happy that are all enjoying this. Now on to the next part! I know it's not the longest part but I`ve been so busy with work. So I'm leaving you with this one and hopefully I`ll try to have something for you guys by tommorow night. xo

Chapter Six

Seeley Booth stood at the bar. He was surrounded by both beautiful men and women. Some stood by the bar, talking, flirting, whatever the case was. Others were on the dance floor of the club dancing and having a good time.

“What can I get you, handsome?” The bartender asked, leaning over the counter to whisper in his ear. There was something familiar about this woman but he couldn`t put his finger on it. She was beautiful. Tall with short black hair and these brown eyes. Damn, those eyes.

“Uh, whisky” He answered clearing his throat. “On the rocks, please.”

“Coming right up,” She answered with a wink and disappeared to make his drink.

He turned around to face the crowd of people who were dancing on the dance floor. The DJ was playing a mix of hip hop and pop songs from a variety of different artists. Britney Spears was now blaring throughout the club.

“So what`s a guy like you doing in a place like this?” The pretty dark-haired bartender said loudly over to music. “Aren`t you married or something? I`m sure any woman would die to have you for a husband.”

“Oh, no I`m not married.” Booth answered handing over a ten dollar bill. “I mean, I used to be. I have a kid and all. But…it just didn`t work out between us.”

“What a shame.” She answered. “But, it`s all good. You`ll meet someone eventually…unless you already have?”

“No…” He said, taking a sip of his drink. “There`s no one in mind right now. Just focused on my career and my son.”

“Aww, what`s your son`s name?”

“Parker.” He answered proudly. “He`s going to be 8 in September.”

“So cute.” The bartender smiled. “And what is it that brings you here to Roswell? It wouldn`t possibly be the aliens that attracted you here.” She laughed.

“Heck no.” He answered. “I might work for the F.B.I. but I don`t do that crackpot alien hunting stuff. I`m down here because my partner`s from here. There was a murder a few days ago and I`m here to help her solve it. She`s a forensic anthropologist.”

“She sounds like a smart girl,” The girl said, smiling. “She`s a lucky girl to have you for a partner. Strong, tall, and handsome… you must be very protective of her.”

“I am.” He admitted. “I mean, I`m protective of all my… partners.” At that moment, something told him to turn around. He did, and that`s when he spotted her. “Hey, that`s her.” He said. Sure enough Liz had just entered the club. And she sure looked good. Wearing a short, white dressed that hugged her curves. Her long, dark hair was loose and curled. She looked absolutely flawless… and not alone. She was holding hands with a man. Tall, dark, and handsome…. The same guy from earlier who had entered the Crashdown with his son.

“That your partner?” The bartender asked. “Is that her boyfriend?”

“No,” Booth said, shaking his head. “It can`t be. That`s some lawyer dude from her past. They went to high school together or something. He's nobody.”

“Doesn`t look like nobody to me,” She answered with a frown.

“This doesn`t make any sense.” Booth said, wincing, hoping that he hadn`t seen clearly.

“It makes total sense.” A voice said.

“Sweets,” Booth growled. “What the hell is going on and what are you doing here? Invasion of my space right about now. I thought I had said that you weren`t needed on this case.”

“You need me more than you think,” Sweets answered, reaching over and taking a sip of Booth`s drinking.

“What the hell is Liz doing?” Booth asked, peering over Sweet`s shoulder to get a better look at Liz, who was now on the dance floor dancing with the dude. Max. Yeah, that was his name.

“You’re jealous.” Sweets said. “It’s completely normal.”

Shut up.” Booth said through gritted teeth. “First of all, I couldn`t care less who Liz is with. But…since when does Liz Parker go to clubs and since when does she dance like that??” He snatched his drink back from Sweets. “Second of all, that is my drink. Get your own. I`m sure this nice little waitress will be kind enough to get you one.” He turned to the bartender, who had overheard their banter. “What`s your name by the way?” He asked her. He hadn`t even asked her what her name was. How rude of him.

“Oh, um.” She seemed agitated and caught off guard for a moment. “Annabelle. And, who would you be?” She asked, looking at Sweets.

“I’m Dr. Lance Sweets.” He said, reaching over and shaking her hand. “I also work with the F.B.I. I’m a psychologist.”

“Nice to meet you.” All of a sudden she seemed clearly uncomfortable. “I-uh.”

“What`s wrong?” Sweets asked.

“Don`t worry he`s actually legal.” Booth said, “I know he seems like a kid but he`s actually of legal age if that`s what you`re worried about.”

Sweets rolled his eyes. “I’m not a kid.”

“No,” She said shaking her head. “He just…looks like someone I know that`s all. Knew. Someone I knew.”

“Hey, do you hear that?” Booth asked suddenly. There was a small irritating banging noise that had replaced the club’s music. And it was getting louder and louder…

“No, don`t hear it.” Sweets said. “Maybe it’s just time for you to wake up.”.

“What?” Booth asked frowning. “What are you talking about?”

“Booth, wake up!” Sweet’s voice had now been replaced by Liz’s voice.

His eyes snapped open.

“What the-“Liz was standing over him. Along with none other than Sweets himself. “What the hell.”

“You sleep like a log,” Sweets said, laughing. “Took forever to wake you up.”

“Both of you out- NOW.” He hissed.

“Fine,” Liz snapped. “But you need to get up we really have to get going on the case. I briefed Sweets in but we really have a lot of work to do. I need to get back to the lab and you, the Sheriff and Sweets need to get going.”

“Fine,” Booth said, “But I need to shower first. Then I need breakfast or I don`t function properly.”

“We`ll meet you at the Crashdown for breakfast.” Liz answered.

“Is that where you were raised?” Sweets asked, curiously. “This is quite fascinating being able to see where you grew up. It`s going to definitely answer so many of my questions.”

“Why the hell are you here anyways?” Booth asked. “I thought I had specifically said-“

“I called him,” Liz answered. “Last night. I thought we could use the extra set of eyes. And the extra brain.”

“You called him,” Booth rolled his eyes.

“Took the red-eye out.” Sweets said, smiling. He didn’t let Booth’s aggravated attitude get to him one bit.

“We`ll be at the Crashdown.” Liz said, leading herself and Sweets out before Booth had a chance to throw his pillow at Sweets.

They closed the door and Booth let out a loud sighed. Thank God that had only been a damn dream. A really fucked up one on top of it.

Though he couldn`t ignore the feeling of relief he felt at the thought that it had only been a dream. None of it had been real. Which meant that Liz wasn`t back with that Max guy. And that itself made Booth`s entire day seem much brighter.

Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Hii,

Alright, I`m back. Thank you to RoswellOracle for the beautiful banner. Honestly, it`s absolutely gorgeous. A big thank you to everybody for the feedback. So sorry it took so long to get back to you with a new chapter, I`ve been so busy at work it's been completely crazy.

But here it is; Chapter Seven. Along with the brand new banner for this fic. Hope you guys enjoy!

Chapter Seven

Liz stirred her coffee and added just a hint of sugar; the way she liked it. She and Sweets sat together at bar area of the Crashdown, Sweets was completely engrossed in his meals; pancakes that Liz’s mother had made them for breakfast.

“This is amazing,” Sweets managed to say in between bites.

“Yeah, it’s definitely good stuff,” Liz agreed, taking a sip of her coffee. “It’s one of the things I miss about this place. My mom and dad’s food.”

“No wonder,”

“Everything okay here?” Mrs. Parker asked. “Both of you tell me if you need anything.”

“Thanks, Mrs. Parker.” Sweets said. “Hey, that totally makes you Momma Bones.”

Liz glared at him. “First of all, I’m not Bones.” She said angrily. “And therefore that does not make my mother Mama Bones.’’

“Oh yes it does!” Sweets said with a laugh.

“Shut up!” Liz said, hitting him lightly on the shoulder. At the same time, the back door swung open and Maria came through. Looking as pretty as ever in a pair of cut-off jeans and a simple white t-shirt. Her long, blond hair had been curled and tied up.

“Maria,” Liz said, guilt immediately hitting her like a ton of bricks. Despite the fact that Maria had lied to her and had hid the fact that Max’s son was here on earth with him, Liz couldn’t argue the fact that she had punched out Maria’s husband AND had completely forgotten to explain herself after she had.

“I’m so sorry,” Both girls’ exclaimed at the same time. Maria threw her arms around Liz, hugging her tightly.

“I’m so sorry I punched out Michael.” Liz said. “I was just angry-”

“Oh, Liz,” Maria laughed. “I’m so glad you did or I think I would have. The way he was acting…”

“But I went overboard.” Liz said.

“Wait, time out,” Sweets said. “You did what? Little Liz Parker knocking out her friend’s husband… now that’s therapy material right there.”

“Oh my, God.” Maria said, holding a shocked hand to her mouth.

“What?” Sweets asked, confused by Maria’s shocked stare. “Yes, I’m a therapist. But that’s not exactly a bad thing.”

“No,” Maria said, shaking her head. “You…look exactly like…Alex.”

“Who’s Alex?” Sweets asked, looking at Liz for an explanation.

“The cranial structure is completely different.” Liz blurted out. “He looks nothing like Alex.”

“He does!” Maria said. “Like…crazy alike.”

“Alex is a friend of yours?” Sweets asked.

“She didn’t tell you who Alex is?” Maria said, looking between Liz and Sweets.

“No, she didn’t,” Sweets said. “Well, this is definitely getting interesting.”

“Alex was our closest friend when we were teenagers. He died when he was 17. He was…um…murdered.”

“Oh, wow.” Sweets said apologetically. “I’m so sorry. I had no idea…”

“It’s fine.” Liz answered with a shrug. Bringing up Alex Whitman was always a slightly touchy subject for Liz. This was why she had never really told anybody about it once she had left Roswell. Bringing him up in a conversation normally tended to sting a bit.

The front doors swung open and Jim Valenti walked in wearing a strained face. “Good morning, Jim.” Liz said.

“Liz,” He said, giving a curt nod to the three of them.

“This is Dr. Sweets,” Liz said, “He’s a psychologist for the F.B.I. Sweets, this is Sheriff Jim Valenti.” The two shook hands.

“I just got a phone call from the local police department.” Jim said, taking a seat next to Liz. “We have ourselves two more murdered victims. The bodies we’re found this morning on the outskirts of Roswell. Word is that the two bodies…well, the bones, we’re found in… a spaceship.”

Sweets laughed. “A spaceship? Wow. That’s the first time I hear that one.”

Liz felt as though her heart had stopped beating. To anyone who was, well, normal; this would have been a funny situation. But Liz knew that this was no laughing matter. Because it could very well be that the bones were in deed found in a real spaceship.

Liz felt Maria’s hand grip her arm tightly and right away knew that she wasn’t the only one who was thinking what she was thinking.

“I’ll call Michael.” Maria said, turning on her heels. She disappeared out the backdoor, almost bumping into Seeley Booth.

“Whoa,” Booth said, stepping aside. “Sorry about that.”

“Its fine,” Maria answered, quickly speed-dialling her husband.

“Looks like we got ourselves another case,” Sweets explained. “Bones were found in a spaceship.” He snorted with laughter, unable to contain himself.

“Oh great.” Booth said, rolling his eyes. “Aliens in a spaceship; just what our trip to Roswell needed.”

“Let’s get going.” Liz muttered.

“What’s the rush? I want pancakes.” Booth said, sitting down next to Liz, grabbing the menu off of the counter.

“We don’t have time for pancakes.” Liz mumbled. “Come on.”

“Calm down, what’s with the mood change?” Booth asked. “Is it the aliens? Are you scared of the aliens?” He jokes, poking her in the ribs.

“No,” Liz snapped, slapping his hand away. “We just have a lot of work to do.” She stood up. “If you and Sweets want to eat pancakes; that’s fine. I’ll get a ride with Jim. Just meet us at the crime scene.”

She motioned for the Sheriff to follow her and he did. The two made their way out of the busy restaurant, which was now bustling with local clients and tourists.

“Truck’s parked this way.” Jim said, nodding towards the other side of the street. They both crossed and got into Jim’s jeep. “Crime scene’s about 25 miles south from here. Out in the dessert.”

“Jim,” Liz said, letting out a deep breath as she put her seat belt on and snapped it into place. “Do you think this is a real spaceship that we`re talking about?”

“Not sure,” Jim answered truthfully. “Agent Sanders give me a call this morning. He knows you and Booth are in town so he wanted you guys to check it out. Agent Sanders has a tendency of stretching the truth out a bit. This “Spaceship” could turn out to be a Toyota or something.” He saw Liz’s tense face and reached to give her arm a squeeze. “Don`t worry about it, I`m sure it’s nothing.”

“Did you tell Max?” Liz asked.

“No. I’m sure Maria`s got that covered.” Jim answered. “She probably told Michael and he’s probably told Max by now. Besides, I didn’t want to worry them until we know what’s going on. Not with the wedding happening tomorrow and the rehearsal dinner tonight. Everyone’s already on edge about everything, no need to make them panic any more than they already are.”

“Looks like they listened to you,” Jim chuckled, glancing in his rear-view mirror to see Booth and Sweets running to their rental truck to catch up to them.

“I’m just stressed.” Liz explained. “With all this happening, with the wedding, and with…Max being back. All of it is just so damn unexpected.”

“Didn’t think you’d be dealing with all this here, huh?” Jim asked.

“Really not,” Liz answered, shaking her head. “Thought it would be easier to come back here. But I guess not.” She paused. “Jim…do you think…this spaceship. It couldn’t be Tess…could it?”

“No.” Jim answered. “No possible way. At least, I don’t think so.”

“That’s all my damn weekend is missing.” Liz huffed as she stared out the window of Jim’s Jeep.

Jim’s phone rang. “Valenti,” He answered. There was a pause as the other person on the line spoke. “Yeah, we’re on our way. We’ll be there in about fifteen minutes.” He snapped the phone shut. “That was Sanders,” He explained. Barely seconds after he had shut the phone close that it rang once more.

“Damnit,” Jim swore as he answered his phone once more. “Valenti,” He spoke. Once again there was a pause as the person on the line spoke. “Yes, we’re going to check it out now.” Yet another long pause. “Michael, I’ll keep in touch. Try not to worry, it’s probably nothing.” He shot Liz an apologetic look. “You know what, if Liz trusts him; then so do I.”

Liz rolled her eyes. Of course Michael was asking Jim if Booth was there. She couldn’t believe the damn nerve he had.

“He doesn’t trust me.” Liz said, angrily. “Wow, he’s got some nerve.”

“It’s not that he doesn’t trust you.” Jim explained as he hung up the phone. “You have to understand how Michael is. Yes, he comes off as rude, but he’s extremely protective. He doesn’t know you. That’s the difference.”

“He knows me.” Liz argued.

But Jim shook his head. “No, he doesn’t. He never did. You we’re never close to Michael in the first place. And then you left Roswell. He married your best friend, but you haven’t been around much…”

“I’ve been living my life.” Liz answered angrily, all of a sudden feeling attacked. “I sure as hell think I deserved too after everything I went through. It was my choice-”

“We don’t blame you.” Jim replied. “Trust me, Liz. You did the best thing. I’m just saying that you’ve been away…and you and everybody in Roswell- you grew apart. Michael is extremely protective of Maria and Max. After everything Max went through when he was on that planet of theirs, it’s normal that Michael feels this way.”

“I guess.” Liz said slowly. But neither Jim nor Liz had the chance to think or discuss the subject further as they pulled up to the crime scene right on the outskirts of Roswell, New Mexico. Right smack in the middle of the dessert.

There were at least five police cars parked, and about a dozen officers had invaded the crime scene.

“Sanders,” Jim called out as they got out of the jeep. “This is Liz Parker- I mean- Dr. Parker.” He looked down at Liz. “Still not used to calling you that.”

“Ahh, Dr.Parker,” Agent Sanders said smiling widely. “Such an honour to meet you. I’ve heard so many good things about you.”

“Thank you,” Liz said, shaking his hand. His wide, white smile and piercing brown eyes made her shiver.

“Okay, enough chit-chat.” Booth said, appearing by Liz’s side. “Where’s the spaceship?”

“Agent Booth, I presume.” Agent Sanders said, his smile growing thin. “Of course, I`ve heard a lot about you too. And you are?” He turned to Sweets.

“Dr. Sweets.” Sweets said, shaking Sander’s hand. “Psychologist for the F.B.I.”

“And there I thought you were Dr. Parker`s son or something.”

Booth snorted and Liz rolled her eyes.

“I’ve been told I look young,” Sweets said. “But I`m not that young.”

“Of course,” Agent Sander’s said. “Well, never the less, would you care to join me in this investigation?”

“What’s the situation?” Liz asked. “There are bones involved, right? Because I only do bones. I don’t do flesh.”

“Not to worry,” Agent Sander’s said, leading them closer towards the crime scene. “It’s only bones.”

“What happened exactly?” Jim asked.

“Young couple spotted this spaceship-looking thing this morning while driving by.” Agent Sander’s explained, not taking his eyes off of Liz for a second. Liz was growing uncomfortable but remained silent. “Couple stopped, took a look, and saw two bodies inside. Then they called us.”

“Wow,” Sweets said in awe as they came face to face with…

“This is not a spaceship.” Liz exclaimed. “This is some sort of…shuttle.” Sure, it could have been mistaken for a spaceship. But there was no way in hell that his was one.

“It looks like a spaceship.” Booth said attentively. Whatever it was, it was round, brown, and clearly rusted. And big enough to store something or someone inside. It had two small windows surrounding it.

Liz snapped her gloves on and kneeled next to the window. The windows were covered in dust. She ran her hand over it, trying to get rid of as much dust and dirt as she could in order to peer inside. Two skeletons were propped up, the flesh was completely remained.

“We got ourselves two more murders.” Liz said with a sigh as she looked solemnly at Booth.

“Guess we’re going to be in town for a little bit longer than we thought.”

Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Chapter Eight

Helen and Sarah Rodriguez.” Jim announced as he held up a picture of two young teenagers.

“Twins. They were kidnapped April 20th, 2009. No one has seen them since…well, since now.”

The remains clearly indicate that this is Helen and Sarah.” Liz said, snapping her latex gloves off and throwing them in the trash. “Do you know what happened?”

“They were snatched leaving a friend’s house April 20th at approximately 10 p.m.” Jim explained. “I just got off the phone with the agent that was assigned to their case all those years ago, Agent Mayer.”

“Supposedly, it was a K&R case.” Booth explained.

“A what?” Liz asked, baffled at the expression.

Kidnapping and Ransom.” Jim clarified. “3rd of the 7 cases that we know of in the last 3 years. The girls were buried by the Gravedigger- at least that’s what he calls himself. See, this Gravedigger- he kidnaps and buries people alive. Holds them ransom. If you pay up- he lets you go free. If you don’t pay up- we never see you again.”

“The girl’s parents didn’t pay the ransom,” Booth said slowly. “Agent Mayer advised his client, the girl’s father, to not pay up.”

“The woman that we found in the alleyway-” Liz asked questioningly at Jim. “Is she part of this whole gravedigger thing?”

“I’m afraid so.” Jim answered solemnly. “She happens to be the 7th case. Her name was Elizabeth Marshall. I managed to trackdown her husband who lives in Albuquerque – he tried paying the gravedigger what he wanted… but he ran out of time. He wasn’t quick enough.”

“But there have been survivors?” Liz asked.

“Yes.” Jim said. “As soon as the ransom is paid to some untraceable account number somewhere in the Bahamas – the GPS coordinates leading to the victim is given.”

“He plays his game well.” Sweets said, speaking up for the first time since Jim had arrived with Booth at Lab with some news about the investigation.

“He sure does.” Jim said. “Whoever this guy is- he’s smart. No one ever see’s the victim’s being taken. The ransom demand is made using a digitally altered voice. The time limit is given. There’s only one phone call – never a second. He doesn’t negotiate. Basically you do what he say’s or the victim dies.”

Liz did not like this one bit. Working with Booth- she had seen her fair share of things. But this- this was something new altogether.

Suddenly her phone rang.

Parker,” She answered.

“Liz!” It was Maria. “Hun, is everything okay? How’s the whole investigation thing going?”

“It’s going great,” Liz lied, not wanting to worry her friend.

“So, there’s like nothing alien related with the case…right?” Maria asked, and Liz could hear the worry in her voice.

“No,” Liz answered, stepping outside the lab for a second so that she was out of ear shot from Booth and Sweets. “Nothing alien related.”

“So what was that about a spaceship being found?” Maria asked.

“It was a container.” Liz answered. “It resembled a spaceship but it wasn’t.”

“Thank God.” Maria sigh. “I was so worried. Well, we were all worried.”

“I know.” Liz said. “But there’s nothing to worry about. There’s nothing alien about this case.”

“Good.” Maria said, and Liz could practically hear her smiling into the phone. “Listen, um, I spoke to Michael. And, he’s sitting next to me right now. He wants to talk to you.” She paused. “Is that okay?”

“Sure,” Liz said sceptically. Fixing things with Michael wasn’t exactly her number one priority – but she didn’t exactly have a choice if she wanted to stay on good terms with Maria and everybody else.

“Liz.” Michael gruff voice came on the line.

“Yeah,” Liz answered.

“Liz, I’m sorry.” Michael said apologetically. He actually sounded it. This was a good thing in Liz’s opinion. “I honestly don’t know what came over me. I really need to mind my own business- I was just… I was worried and scared. I’m extremely protective of Maria and Max.”

“I know.” Liz said. “Listen, I’m sorry too. I got angry and I shouldn’t have…attacked you like that.”

“Yeah,” Michael said, a hint of a smile in his voice. “You left quite a mark.”

Liz smiled. “I’m sorry.”

“So am I.” Michael said. “Listen, we all want you at the rehearsal dinner tonight. And…well, we would like it if you brought along your F.B.I. friend.”

“I will ask him.” Liz answered.

“And, um, Maria is asking me if you could bring along that other F.B.I. guy…” He paused and Liz could hear Maria talking to him in the background. “Erm, yeah, the guy that looks like Alex or something.”

“Sure,” Liz said. “Tell Maria I will ask him. And I will be seeing you all tonight.”

“6:30.” Michael said.

“I will see you there.” Liz said. She said her goodbyes and hung up.

“That was Michael and Maria.” Liz said as she re-entered the lab. “They want all of us tonight at the rehearsal dinner. All of us including you two.” She looked at Booth and Sweets.

“Wait,” Booth said, holding a hand up in protest. “Aren’t I supposed to be your date? Why is Sweets going?”

“Because Maria invited him.” Liz pointed out. “And, I never said you were my date. To be honest, I really feel like I should be skipping out on tonight. We have so much work to do…”

“Do it for Kyle.” Jim said. “I know all this stuff is worrying us. But this is Kyle and Isabelle’s night. I know you and Isabelle don’t always get along, but having you there tonight means a lot to both Isabelle and Kyle.”

“Okay,” Liz said. “But I will be back here tomorrow morning first thing.” She grabbed her jacket and car keys. “It’s already 4, we really should get going then.”

“Going where?”

The four of them stared at the door.

“Angela?’’ Liz said, taken aback.

“Sweetie!’’ Angela said, spreading her arms out she hurried over and wrapped Liz up in her arms.

“What are you doing here?’’ Booth asked. “First Sweets, now you and - oh, Lord.”

It was obviously not only Angela who had decided to surprise them. Zack and Hodgins both stood in the doorway.
“Aww, come on.” Hodgins exclaimed. “What’s the matter Booth, you don’t look happy to see us.”

“You guys are the squints.” Booth exclaimed. “You should be back at the Jeffersonian doing your mumbo jumbo, you shouldn’t be here.”

“You guys are in way over your heads with this whole Gravedigger thing.” Angela explained. “Thought we’d fly in to help. We only have two days- then the three of us need to get back home.”

“How do you know about the Gravedigger?” Liz asked, puzzled. She herself had only found out a few minute ago.

“Well, you told us about the body you found in the alleyway. And also about the twin girls found this morning.” Hodgins explained. “We did our research and came up with the Gravedigger.”

“And, how did you get here so fast?” Sweets asked.

“Hodgins is loaded remember?” Angela pointed out, receiving a glare from Hodgins. He hated when they spoke about his money- well, his parents money. “Anyways, we managed to get a ride here via private jet.”

“It’s not mine.” Hodgins defended himself. “It’s a family friends. They told me I could borrow it for the weekend. I don’t usually do this.”

“So here we are-all of us- ready to crack this case wide open.” Angela smiled. “And who are you?”

“I was just about to ask the same question.” Jim answered.

“Jim, this is Angela Montenegro, Jack Hodgins, and Zack Addy.” Liz said. “Everyone; this is Jim Valenti. Sheriff and an old friend as well.”

“Nice to meet you,” Angela said, shaking his hand politely. “Now, where is it that you all are going tonight?”

“I’m more worried about the environment I’m going to be working in,” Zack said, looking around the dusty lab.

“I’m sorry, Zack,” Liz said. “This is the only lab they have around here.”

“I think my High School science lab had more potential.” Zack replied.

“Liz’s friend is getting married.” Booth spoke up, referring to Angela’s question. “They`re having a rehearsal dinner tonight.”

“Aww, I love weddings!” Angela exclaimed. “You`re lucky I brought a dress along.”

“Woah,” Booth said. “No way- this is an invitation-only event.”

“And you were invited?” Angela asked, crossing her arms across her chest. “What did you do to get invited? Did you sleep with the bride-to-be.”

“Um, no” Booth answered. “I’m just charming that’s all. The ladies dig my personality and my charm.”

“I was invited too.” Sweet said.

“Liz, I want to be invited.” Angela said, giving her friend a pleading look. “I love weddings. And weddings love me, please say yes.”

“This is ridiculous.” Liz said, rolling her eyes. “We shouldn’t even be going to this rehearsal we should be locking ourselves in here trying to figure this murder out.”

“Ditto,” Zack responded.

“Well, then, the boring people can stay here.” Angela said. “And the cool people can go to the rehearsal dinner and then come back here to work on the case.”

“Ditto.” Booth said. “Alright, whoever’s coming, we gotta go.”

“I’ll stay here.” Zack said.

“Zack-” Liz started, “You stay-I stay.”

“Aww, come on.” Booth said, rolling his eyes. “Leave the squint to what he does best. Besides, if you stay- we all have to stay. This is your friend who’s getting married, not ours.”

“Dr. Parker,” Zack said. “Trust me- I’ll be fine. I want to get ahead considering we have to get back to Washington on Monday. Please.”

Liz sigh. She really didn’t want to leave him here to do all the work. It would be eating at her all night if she did. But this was Kyle’s wedding. She couldn’t not go.

“Zack, I’ll be back here by 10 tonight to help you.” Liz said.

“That’s the spirit.” Booth said. “Are you planning on getting any sleep in the next couple of days?”

Liz glared at him.

“What?” Booth asked innocently. “Honestly, I’m just worried about your health.”

“See, this is all quite interesting.” Sweets said, “You guys bicker like an old married couple constantly.”

“We don`t have time for a psych evaluation,” Booth said, tapping him on the shoulder. “We have a party to get too.”

“I’ll stay with Zack.” Hodgins proposed. “I’m not really into weddings.”

“Hodgins,” Angela said, shooting him a look.

“I’m serious,” He said. “We really need to get this done. Zack is going to need me help.”

“We’ll be back as soon as we can,” Liz said. “Trust me. It won’t take long.”

*********************************************************************************************************************************
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Bones in the Spaceship (Bones XO, CC, Teen) Ch. 8

Post by Buffsteraddict »

So sorry it took so long to get the next Chapter up! I've been busier than ever. Thank you guys so much for all the feedback and I hope you all enjoy this next part! xox

Chapter Nine

Liz looked at herself in the mirror, not exactly liking what she was seeing. But it would have to do.

She had decided to curl her normally straight hair. Loose curls cascaded down her back. She had put just a bit more makeup than she was normally use too; red lips, mascara, and a hint of eyeliner, making her brown eyes pop more than usual. She had chosen a red dress for the evening, not a long one, just appropriate for tonight’s event.

Whoa.” Angela let out a whistle from the doorway. “You are looking smoking hot.”

Liz had decided to get ready at her parent’s house and had brought Angela with her; possibly hoping that having her close friend with her would calm the nervous butterflies in her stomach.

She had, of course, made sure with Kyle that it was okay for her to bring her friends along. He had insisted that it was fine, considering that the reception was being held at a pretty big hall which had more than enough room to host three extra guests.

“Thanks,” Liz answered Angela’s comment, still unsure of her look. Maybe it was because she wasn’t used to dressing up like this – perhaps that’s why she felt weird. Or maybe it was because she knew she was going to be seeing Max Evans tonight and she wanted to look her very best.

“The men are going to be all over you tonight.” Angela continued. She wasn’t exactly used to seeing Liz in a short, red dress either. Liz was usually wearing black pants, her blue lab coat, and wore her hair tied up most of the time.

“You’re looking pretty good yourself.” Liz pointed out. Sure enough, Angela looked stunning as usual. She was wearing a low-cut purple dress. Her usual curly hair was pulled back into a sleek ponytail. “I still feel like we should have stayed behind to help Zack and Hodgins.” Liz said as she took a seat on her old bed and proceeded to put on her pair of black heels.

“They’re going to be fine,” Angela reassured her friend. “This is Zack and Hodgins we’re talking about. They`re having more fun in that lab than we will probably have tonight.”

“Probably.” Liz said.

“So, you want to tell me what’s going on in that head of yours?” Angela asked, taking a seat next to Liz on the bed. “You seem distant.”

“Being back here…” Liz said. “I’m not exactly feeling it.”

“Sweetie, I know.” Angela said, putting an arm around Liz in comfort. “But you’re doing the right thing. You’re parents missed you, you know.”

“I know,” Liz said with a sigh. “There are just so many memories- this place- it brings so many memories back and- they’re not all good memories.” She paused, unsure of how much she wanted to tell Angela. “This guy that I spoke to you about once…Max…”

“The guy that broke your heart?” Angela said. “The one who slept with his ex, got her pregnant, and skipped town to be with her?”

“Yeah.” Liz said. That was about right. It’s not like she could have told Angela that her ‘ex’ had skipped town to go to another planet. “Well, he’s back in town. He came back about a year ago and nobody told me.”

“Oh,” Angela winced. “Okay. That’s rough.”

“Yeah,” Liz said, tucking a strand of hair nervously behind her ear. “I saw him yesterday for the first time in-God I don’t even know how long… I just never thought I’d see him again. And to top it off- he was with his son.”

“Was the skank with them?” Angela asked.

“No.” Liz said, smiling slightly at Angela’s use of words. “No skank.”

“At least.” Angela said. “Is he going to be there tonight?”

“I think so, yes.” Liz said, trying to stay calm but she was failing miserably and she knew it. “Along with his parents, and probably his son. And the worst part is- all of them think I’m the bad guy because I skipped town and decided to never look back. They feel as though I abandoned them. But that’s exactly what Max did – besides getting some girl pregnant at 17 – and yet I’m the bad guy.”

“Well,’’ Angela scoffed. “What the hell did they expect you to do? Stick around – mope around until Mr. decided to come back to town? Maybe they wanted you to raise his baby too while you were at it?”

“I don’t know,” Liz said with a shrug.

“Well, that’s just plain crazy.” Angela said bitterly. “All of a sudden I’m not too enthusiastic at the idea of going to this rehearsal dinner.”

“Liz!” Jeff Parker yelled up the stairs. “Your friends are here!’’

Liz shot Angela a look and Angela burst out laughing. “Sounds like I’m 15 again.”

“When all of this is over,” Angela said. “You, me, and a bottle of Jack.”

“I’d like that very much.” Liz said, grabbing her purse. “Come on,”

The two women made their way down the stairs where Sweets and Booth were waiting. The two were wearing similar black suits. Both looked good. Liz’s eyes were drawn to Seeley, who looked particularly good tonight in his suit and tie. Sure, he was usually always She involuntarily felt her insides tighten at the sight of him, but brushed it off quickly. She was simply nervous about tonight, that was all.

Booth’s gaze remained on Liz as she walked down the stairs. She looked absolutely stunning and he couldn’t take his eyes off of her, no matter how hard he tried. Hell, he couldn’t even find the words to speak.

“You ladies are looking beautiful,” Sweets smiled widely at them.

“Why thank you,” Angela beamed. “You boys are looking pretty spiffy yourselves.”

“You all look absolutely wonderful,” Nancy Parker said, coming out of the kitchen. She herself had gotten dressed up for the occasion. He held up a camera. “What do you guy’s say? Just a couple of pictures.”

“Mother,” Liz said, feeling herself go red in the face. “This isn’t prom night.”

“So?” Jeff Parker said. “Come on, Lizzie. It’s not like we get to see you anytime we want.”

Liz rolled her eyes, feeling like a 15 year old going to her prom. “Fine,” She said. “But make it quick, we’re going to be late.”

“Your parents are adorable!” Angela said, grabbing Liz by the shoulder. “Come on, Liz. Smile for the camera.”

Liz forced a smile on her face as her mother snapped away. Her mother was enjoying this way too much.

“Liz, I want one of you and Booth.” Nancy said, pushing Liz and Seeley together. “Come on you two, get closer.”

“Mom,” Liz whined. Right now she did not feel like a 30 year old woman. Booth was unusually quiet. Usually he would have cracked a few jokes at Liz, trying to push her buttons. But he had not said a word since she had come down the stairs.

“Put your arm around her,” Nancy urged Booth. Booth placed his arm around Liz’s waist, and Liz felt yet another shiver run through her spine as he touched her. Shake it off, Parker.

“Awww,” Angela said, laughing. “How cute are you two.”

“Not funny,” Liz said through gritted teeth.

“It kind of is,” Booth finally managed to croak out, trying his best to regain his composure but the fact that his hand was resting on Liz’s waist was making it hard for him.

“Alright,” Nancy said, smiling. “All done. Off you go. Your father and I will meet you there.”

“Thanks, Mrs. Parker.” Sweets said. “Mama Bones,” He added with a snicker. Liz slapped him across the shoulder and he cringed, holding his hand up protectively.

The four co-workers got into Booth’s rental S.U.V. took off to what Liz thought was not going to be a good night.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Max Evans attempted to put a smile on his face as he looked at himself in the mirror but managed to fail miserably. There was no hiding it from himself that he did not want to go to Isabel’s rehearsal diner. He would rather stay home tonight – sit on the couch and watch the football game that was supposed to be happening in Detroit.

Instead he had no choice but to attend Isabel and Kyle’s rehearsal diner, which was bound to be one of the most awkward nights of his life.

He had not spoken to Liz since he had first seen her the other day at the Crashdown. He had not had the opportunity to talk to her since - even though it had been eating at him. He needed to explain himself and apologize to her for not having warned her that he was back on earth… with his son nonetheless. He couldn’t imagine how much it must have shocked her to see him here. He knew that he had to speak to her tonight. No matter what, he had to get her alone and explain himself.

“Whoa,” Max’s son said from the doorway. “Daddy, you look good.” His son was dressed up himself, wearing a suit with a tie. It was crazy how the two actually looked alike.

“Speak for yourself, kid.” Max smiled, “You’re going to have all the ladies after you tonight.”

“Yuck,” Parker said, making a face and Max laughed, knowing it was just a matter of time before his son started to take an interest in girls.

“So, are you all ready to go?” Max asked.

“Yup,” Parker grinned. “Let’s go party.”

************************************************************************************************************************************

“Weren’t they adorable?” Nancy smiled at her husband as she slipped her arm through his. Jeff and Nancy had just locked up the Crashdown Café and were on their way towards the car.

“You know it,” Jeff said, smiling. “Our daughter’s so grown up.”

“And she’s got herself a career,” Nancy said, happily. “I mean, she’s a scientist, Jeff. A scientist.”

“I know,” Jeff said, squeezing her arm gently as the two walked. The sun had no set on Roswell and the streets were deserted.

“And that man,” Nancy continued. “Seeley. He and Liz go well together. Even though she won’t admit it, you can tell that he cares for her tremendously.”

“Damn, right.” Jeff smiled. “Did you see the way he was looking at her tonight?”

Nancy laughed. “He was so red in the face. It’s crazy. Kind of reminds me of when you and I met all those years ago.”

“You were so beautiful,” Jeff said, stopping in his tracks to look at his wife. She hit his arm lightly.

“Gee, thanks,” She said.

“You know what I mean,” Jeff said. “You’re beautiful now – more beautiful than ever. But I can just remember seeing you for the first time. I still remember –”

There was a loud noise and Jeff’s eyes widened right before Nancy’s own eyes before Jeff collapsed to the ground. Nancy screamed.

A hooded figure stood before her. She didn’t think twice, she turned on her heel and started running. But before she could get very far she felt a searing pain at the back of her neck and everything went black.