Resurface (AU,M/L,ADULT) Pt 13 - AN 03/12/04 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

xsuper_novax
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by xsuper_novax »

Many of you have dream on to thank for the swift delivery of this part. after reading all of her comments and seeing how much she wanted this new part, my thoughts just sort of came together. thank you so much!!

i also want to thank everyone else for the feedback - don't think you didn't help me out either :wink:

Part 11

The little girl slipped her small chubby hand into her mother’s, and stood up on her toes, trying to get a better look at the people that were walking towards the throne. It had been three months since the royal six had returned to the Lunar System, and within that three months, they had triumphantly retaken Queen Nerissa’s home planet, Aquin. Now, the Queen took her rightful seat in the throne at the head of the hall. She was dressed simply, yet elegantly. To the little girl, she looked like an angel. She wore a simple white dress with a high waist and sleeves that widened slowly as they reached her hands. Her long, dark hair, now waist length, was left to fall down her back. Terrath stood to her left while King Zan, dressed in black pants and a black vest, stood to the right of the throne, holding the Queen’s hand as she sat down, daring the crowd with his eyes, to nay-say her claim. As soon as she was seated, it was as if the balance had been fully restored on Aquin. Everyone in the crowd breathed a sigh of relief. The war was half won. The next time they took up their weapons, would be to help Zan retain the title of King of Antar, High King of the Luna System.

Three Months Earlier

Lonnie glanced at Zan, who nodded, encouraging her to show Larek. She let out a breath and nodded. “This way.” She said, motioning for everyone to follow her. She walked up to the six pods, and began to climb through the one in the middle on the bottom. “Follow me.”

As everyone watched, she disappeared through the back of the pod. When they had all climbed through, they stood cramped in a small space with the pods on one side, and a metallic wall on the other side. Lonnie waved her hand over it and the chamber rumbled slightly, before the wall completely disappeared. “Here it is.” She said, quietly. Everyone stood still. In the middle of the chamber stood a large, black inverted cone, resting on a smaller crystalline cone. The floor was a black marble and the walls were pure white. “Wow.” Nerissa breathed. “Yeah.” Tristan answered. Zan stepped forward first, and approached the large object. He held his hand out to it, letting it skim along the outside without touching it. “It holds so much power. It’s not even doing anything and there’s like, this wall of energy around it. Humming.” Ava walked up next to him and held her hand out to it. “So this is how we’re gettin’ home?” She asked.

Larek walked into the room, all business, and drew a crystal from his pocket. “Where did you get that?” Rath asked, tearing his gaze from the granolith. Larek stood beside the granolith, and looked to the group standing by the doorway. “I had it sent to Earth shortly after you were sent here, and hidden in the desert. It will help transform the granolith into a means of transportation. Now, come.” Zan stepped toward Larek, who handed him the crystal. “Use your powers to insert this into the base cone. Once you have, everyone must place a palm against the surface, and focus all your energy. The granolith will try to pull you in, meld it’s own energy with yours. Let it. Once you are all inside, there is nothing left to do but wait. You will be transported to my home on Katana almost instantly.” He smiled and stepped toward the door. “I shall be seeing you all very soon.” And with that, he waved his hand across the entrance, closing the door, and climbed out of the small chamber between the granolith and the pods.

Once outside, he waved his hand over the pods to destroy any evidence of their existence, then did the same with the entire area the hybrids had called home for so long. With a subtle skip in his step, Larek too off to return his body to the hotel he had checked into, so that he could be ready for the long awaited arrival of the royal family.

Nerissa slipped her hand into Zan’s, somewhat nervously. He gave it a reassuring squeeze as he knelt down to insert the crystal into the base. As soon as it was all the way in, a bright light flashed and the entire room pulsed.

All six people in the room gasped as the energy coming from the large object intensified and grew. “Oh god. It’s almost like you can taste it. Breathe it.” Rath let out a breath. “I’ve never felt this much energy before.” Nerissa whispered. Zan squeezed her hand again, then let go, placing his palm against the warm surface of the granolith. Nerissa placed hers beside Zan’s, and Rath placed his beside his sister’s. The other three followed suit, and concentrated on letting the power from the granolith, wash over them. Another blinding light filled the room and when Nerissa opened her eyes, they were all standing in a circle inside the granolith, holding hands with their backs facing each other. Tristan blinked and the next thing he knew, they were all standing on shaky legs in a room with dark purple walls and a dark purple floor and ceiling. They all turned to see the granolith and watched the light from it dim gradually, as though it were tired out.

Everyone turned suddenly when a panel of the wall slid away and a young girl and two young boys came in, all three about 15 years old and dressed in white robes. They bowed to the other six, and when they stood up, each one had a glimmer of awe in their eyes as they gazed at the weary space travelers.

“We are very pleased to meet you. All of you.” The young girl said. However, the startling part was that her lips hadn’t moved.

“Please, do not be alarmed. We only communicate with you in this way because you have not gone through the transformation. Once you have your memories back fully, you will be able to speak our language.” One of the young men assured them.

“Transformation?” Rath asked aloud. The second boy spoke up. “It is a simple process that will help you regain your memories, nothing more. We serve King Larek and help in the fight to overthrow Kivar the Usurper. We will not harm you.”

Zan reached for Nerissa’s hand and she clutched it between both of hers. “Where is Larek now?” “He will be returning to his body soon. After that he will rest for a short time, then he will seek you out. By the time the transformation is done, he should be ready to see you. Now, if you would, please follow us.” The girl turned and the two boys waited for everyone to follow her, before leaving last.

After walking down a myriad of halls, they finally arrived at a room that was completely black, with six white circles on the floor. “Please, each of you step into a circle.” Everyone listened and when all six stood in the center of the small circles, they looked back to the three cloaked figures. “As soon as we leave the room, you will be enclosed in glass chambers. Once the chambers have sealed, pulses of energy will be released at a high rate, stimulating the nerves in you brain and recalling all your old memories. When we return to you, we will bring you to your rooms to rest, then Larek will be waiting for you.” The young girl smiled and left the room after the two boys.

As soon as the door closed, glass tube-like structures rose from the circles they each stood on, and continued up to the ceiling. The tubes were just wide enough for them to stretch their arms out to their sides.

Nerissa looked around to the other five and began to feel slightly uneasy. Rath looked over to her and gave her a reassuring smile, even though she could tell he was just as nervous as she. She mustered up a reluctant smile for him, then turned to face Zan. He was watching her with intense amber eyes that were filled with love and concern for everyone in the room. She placed one hand up against the glass and offered him a small smile. She saw his lips turn up in a lop-sided grin, just before the energy screamed through her tube and she let out a loud scream. Zan watched, concerned, as her hands shot out to her sides, bracing herself on the glass walls of the tube for support. One by one, there tubes filled with energy. Rath braced both hands in front of him and bent his head, clenching his jaw, while Ava let out a small shriek before taking large, gasping breaths. It seemed to have the opposite effect on Lonnie, taking her quite by surprise and leaving her breathless for a moment. Tristan slumped backward against the tube, but stayed standing. Next thing Zan knew, he felt a slight woosh of air, then energy pulsing along his body at an incredible rate.

It wasn’t that it hurt, it was just that Lonnie had never felt energy that strong or that demanding before. It pushed at her skin, trying to worm its way into her body through each and every pore. Then, at the end, it felt like she was about to burst with it. That was when she let out a deep breath, feeling the energy seep from her being.

About a half an hour later, the tube slid back down into the floor. Nerissa slumped to her knees, exhausted. Zan stumbled over to her, falling down on his knees, and took her face in his hands. He brushed away stray hairs from her face so he could see her better, and she grasped his wrists with shaky hands and lifted her eyes to his reassuringly. Slowly, and so softly, he leaned forward and planted a light kiss on her lips, then rested his forehead against hers. “You ok?” He whispered. She gave him a small smile, before letting out a slight yawn. Zan chuckled, a rumbling that emanated from deep in his chest. He helped her to stand up and looped one arm around her waist while she rested her head on his shoulder and snuggled into his safe, warm body.

“Wow,” Ava breathed, slowly climbing to her feet, “that was so intense.” “I’ve never felt anything like that before.” Lonnie agreed, yawning. Rath looked everyone over with a critical eye, “Everyone’s ok though?” He asked. Tristan nodded, “I think we’re all just tired.”

The door opened and the boys and girl from earlier entered the room once again. “Please follow us, we will show you to your rooms where you can rest.”

After resting and meeting up with Larek, they had all started decided that they would start their campaign by retaking Nerissa and Rath’s home, Aquin. After taking back that planet, their forces should be big enough, and their cause instilled in so many people, that they would have a better chance to take down Kivar and return Zan to the throne of Antar.

It had taken a month to gather their forces and get people to realize that they had returned and it wasn’t all just a myth anymore. As Zan had predicted, no one really seemed to care whether or not they returned with their respective ‘mates’, it only mattered that they were all back and taking up the fight to overthrow Kivar. Some bold courtiers and soldiers had even tried to get Nerissa and Zan to divulge information on their romantic life. It everyone was waiting to see if the fairytale romance they had once shared, would come to life once again now that they didn’t each have parents to answer to or a prior betrothal to honor.

Because Kivar had been unaware that the granolith had been sent to Earth with the royal six, he was taken quite by surprise when he heard rumors that they were on Katana, rallying forces to retake Aquin. He had let security on that planet become so lax because he had been too secure in his position, that it had really only taken another month and a half for them to retake the planet and most of Kivar’s soldiers to drop their weapons. The fact that most of his soldiers had been forced into fighting and so had welcomed the true heir of the throne, had turned out to be a major factor in the fighting.

Now, three weeks after the wars had stopped and the palace had been cleared out of any traces of Kivar and his rule, Nerissa sat on the throne that she now remembered so well, with the man she remembered so well holding her hand securely in his, on her right. She squeezed it slightly and snuck a glance at his face. He had his eyes trained on the crowd of people that had come to watch her reclaim her throne, watching for any threat to her safety and making sure that everyone knew that as the rightful King of Antar and High King of the five planets of the Luna System, he stood by her claim as Queen. He gave her hand returned squeeze and she caught sight of his slight grin as he continued to look out over the crowd.

Much later, after everyone had retired from the conference room and the tiring meeting about what their next step would be, Nerissa began to undress and ready herself for a much desired bath. The war hadn’t been all fun and games and sitting on the sidelines for her. She had fought beside her people and people from the other four planets many times. She would even have a scar to show for it, she thought with a wince as she reached back to untie the small bow at the small of her back. She had a four inch long cut at the small of her back that ran adjacent to her spine. It would have been a mortal blow if Tristan had not blasted her attacker from across the field, throwing off is aim.

“Need some help?” Nerissa jumped and let out a small scream, turning to find Zan at the door. “I didn’t mean to scare you.” He smiled, closing the door. Nerissa rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips. “What are you doing here? I thought you’d be getting some rest. Tomorrow is the only day we can sleep in, after that, it’s nothing but planning.” As she continued to talk, Zan slowly made his way toward her, stalking across the carpeted floor like a wild cat.

“Turn around.” He murmured once he was standing in front of her. Nerissa’s breath caught in her throat at the look of desire in his eyes and did as he said. When she felt his fingers undoing the bow at the back of her dress, she jumped slightly and tried to turn around. “Stay still. I want to check your back and make sure it’s ok.” His voice was right next to her ear and his warm breath caressing her neck sent shivers down her spine. “Ok.” She whispered breathlessly.

Zan took her hair in his hands, relishing in the silky feel, and draped it over her shoulder. Once the back of her dress was open, he couldn’t stop himself from letting his fingers trail down the graceful curve of her spine, until they rested just above her bottom, right next to the long cut. He frowned at the sight of it. It was slightly red now but that only meant it was still healing. She had had the stitches removed only three days ago. “I don’t understand why you won’t let me heal this.” He said, concerned. She sighed slightly and turned around. His hands automatically went to her hips, pulling her slightly closer, while she wrapped one hand around his neck, and raked the fingers of her other hand through his black hair. “War wound,” she said, smiling lightly and shrugging, “I want it to stay there so that I’ll always remember how hard we fought.” She said, her smile slightly embarrassed. Zan leaned down and kissed each eyelid, then softly kissed her lips. “It only reminds me of how close I came to losing you.” He murmured, burying his face in her neck. Nerissa sighed and held him closer, glad that they at least would have one day to escape from planning their next war.

Zan knelt down in front of her, his hands going to the hem of her dress. “May I?” He asked softly. Nerissa smiled down at him, a blush creeping up her face, and held up her arms. Slowly, so every inch of her skin would be revealed to him slowly, Zan pulled the dress up her body, then tossed it negligently aside. Then he looked his fill. “You are so beautiful.” He whispered in reverence. Nerissa gloried in the love that shone in his eyes. It wasn’t the first time she had been naked in front of him, even though they had yet to make love, and she had seen his naked body before too. But still, she always felt somewhat shy when she was so exposed to him.

Zan noticed the goosebumps that began to appear across her skin and he quickly put one arm behind her knees, and the other behind her back, carrying her toward the tub filled with steaming water. He placed her slowly into the tub, letting her adjust to the water, then proceeding to take the cloth and soap and wash her body slowly. When he was done, he helped her wash her long hair, then helped her from the tub. Next, he took the towel and slowly dried every inch of her body. After she was dressed in a soft nightgown, Zan stripped from his shirt, washed up quickly, then changed into a pair of cotton pants to sleep in. He moved to the bed, where Nerissa had already cuddled beneath the covers and just stood staring at her for a moment. His heart swelled at the sight of her small body in the large bed. He wanted nothing more than to take her right then and make her his. Instead, he retrieved a small object from the nightstand, and slipped into bed beside her, pulling her into his arms.

“You know I love you right?” He asked, hesitantly. Nerissa leaned forward and pressed a tender kiss over his wildly thumping heart, “And I love you.” “I don’t know what will happen with this war. And I can’t promise you that we will always be safe, because there will always be someone out there who will think to get to one of us through the other, but I want you to know that I will do anything in my power to see that nothing happens to you.” Nerissa propped herself up on an elbow, leaning across his body, “Zan, what’s wrong?” He looked into her beautiful brown eyes that he had gotten lost in two lifetimes ago, and ran his fingers through her long, dark, silky tresses. “Will you marry me?”

At first he didn’t think he’d actually said it out loud, because she just continued to stare at him, but then a huge smile broke out across her face and she leaned forward, devouring him with a hungry kiss. “Is that a yes?” He asked, grinning and breathless. “Yes.” She said, snuggling up against him and holding tight to his warm body. Zan took her left hand and she felt something cold and metallic. When she looked down, she saw that he had placed a ring on her finger. It was a silver band words in Antarian that read ‘forever my soulmate’ around the outside, and a deep green emerald surrounded by smaller diamonds. “Oh Zan...it’s so beautiful.” She leaned up and kissed him again. He held her close to his heart and kissed her forehead. “Not as beautiful as what we share.” He whispered.
xsuper_novax
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by xsuper_novax »

Btw-forgot to tell you that in this story, just in case no one noticed, the aliens are basically going to be exactly like humans. It’s just easier for me to write it that way because I’m not creative enough to develop a brand new species.

Disclaimer-the dress Nerissa wears in this part is a real dress by designer Lindsay Fleming, a celtic wedding dress designer from Scotland. I found this dress on her website and thought it was beautiful, that’s why I used it. The only difference is the dress in the story buttons up the back, while the real one does not. Ok. Oh! And if you want to see what the dress really looks like, click here.

Part 12 (NC-17)

Being that they had only one day to themselves before they began to plan for their war against Kivar for the throne of Antar, Zan and Nerissa had decided that they were going to have a small ceremony that day, then, after they had defeated Kivar, they would have a ceremony that anyone from the galaxy could attend. They had decided that the smaller ceremony would be similar to an Earth wedding, while the larger one would be an Antarian Bonding ceremony and the only people attending the small one would be Rath, who would walk Nerissa down the aisle, Tristan, who would serve as best man, Lonnie would serve as matron of honor, while Ava would act as a bride’s maid.

As the hour of the ceremony got closer and closer, Nerissa became more nervous. She knew she loved Zan, and she knew that he loved her as well. However, there was still doubt about what she was about to do.

With about twenty minutes left before the ceremony, Vilandra was in the Queen’s suite, helping Nerissa with her dress and makeup. Ava had been sent down to oversee the main hall, where everything would be conducted, and to retrieve the bouquet from the gardener.

After trying to adjust her crown for about the fifth time, Nerissa became frustrated and, with a growl at the infuriating thing, threw it on the ground and placed her hands on her hips. “I don’t understand what the importance is of that thing!! It won’t even sit right!” Vilandra, unused to seeing her smaller friend so worked up, put down the shoes she was holding, and walked to where the object in question lay dejectedly on the floor. Picking it up, she stood in front of the bride with a brow raised. Nerissa let her hands fall from her hips and her shoulders drooped slightly. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” She mumbled. Vilandra held back a smile and looked down at the small bejeweled crown. “I don’t think it’s me you should be apologizing to.” Nerissa smirked and laughed, then took the crown and with Vilandra’s assistance, set it perfectly atop her head. “There,” Vilandra dusted her hands mockingly, then placed them on her hips, “You want to tell me what, exactly, has you so upset on the day you’re marrying my brother, the love of your life?”

Nerissa studied her reflection in the mirror. She wasn’t a conceited person, but she knew she looked beautiful. Her hair was hanging loose down her back, just as she knew Zan loved it, and the crown atop her head kept any loose strands from falling into her face. The dress itself was simple yet elegant. It also resembled they way in which people had once dressed on Aquin, which was why she had chosen it. It was a creamy color and off the shoulders. The top of the dress was silk bordered with gold embroidery. The sleeves were long, as was the bodice, which ended at her hips. Along the bottom of the bodice was more gold embroidery and in the very center of that embroidery, was a round, polished ruby. The gemstone of her planet. The skirt of the dress was silk with a small but elegant train. She had loved it the moment she laid eyes on it. She hoped that Zan would too. Sighing, she turned her attention back to her friend.

Vilandra was surprised at the look of trepidation she saw in her friend’s eyes. “Nerissa, what is it? You know you can tell me anything, right?” She took the smaller girl’s hands in her own. Nerissa smiled at the girl and nodded. “I know. It’s just that...well...I was thinking about everything that happened with Zan and me in the past,” averting her eyes, she continued, “I mean...what if Zan and I just aren’t meant to stay together. Our marriage was thwarted the first time, and then we were killed. Next thing we know, we’re all on a different planet and I was separated from you guys for such a long time. What if that’s, like....a sign?” Softly she added, “Just because we’re soulmates, that doesn’t mean that we’ll live happily ever after. Most soulmates end up living out a tragedy.” She peered up at Vilandra slowly.

Vilandra’s eyes widened, surprised by the insecurity her friend held. For a moment she honestly had nothing to say, then she blinked, shaking her head as if to shake the cobwebs away. “Nerissa, do you hear yourself? Of course you and Zan are meant to be together and of course you will be together. I won’t sit here and tell you about how love conquers all and things will be all smiles and roses, because you just have to look back at our last life to know that’s not always true. But you and Zan,” Vilandra smiled and gave her friend’s hands a quick squeeze, “what you have is strong enough to make it. Yes, there will be struggles ahead and at one point or another, I’m sure we’ll all come close to the breaking point. We’re in the middle of a war, for crying out loud!” “Vilandra, this isn’t exactly helping allay my fears.” Nerissa said, her nose scrunched in confusion. Vilandra sighed, “What I’m saying is that, yes, it will be hard, no bones about it. You just have to believe that this is it for you two. This is your time and that nobody’s going to take that away from you. And for god’s sake, at least keep the lines of communication open between the two of you this time! We do not want a repeat of my brother’s last decision.” Vilandra grumbled and Nerissa held a hand over her mouth, letting out a muffled giggle. Her goal accomplished, Vilandra smiled and gave her smaller friend a warm hug. “Now, all we have to do is wait for your bouquet and in about five minutes’ time, you’ll be getting married.” Nerissa smiled, thinking of how she would finally be walking down the aisle, with Zan at the end.

Tristan squeezed his eyes shut and placed his hands over his face.

“Please tell me you didn’t...” Two of his fingers parted and he looked at the man in front of him, who was kneeling on the ground.

“It’s not like it was on purpose!” Rath grumbled back. He reached his hand down into the grate and, biting his bottom lip in concentration, struggled to reach to the bottom of the circulation shaft.

“Zan is going to wring both our necks!” Tristan groaned. He kneeled down next to Rath. “You do realize you’re doing that the hard way, right?” He waved his hand over the grate, dissolving the slats. Quickly, before Rath could react, he picked up the fallen item and sealed it shut again, leaving Rath’s hand stuck in the shaft, quite to his own amusement.

“Dammit!” Rath muttered and using is free hand, dissolved the slats, pulled his hand out, and fixed the vent. “You’re so in for it.” He said, turning to face the grinning best man.

“Everything ok out here?” Zan asked, walking out of the bathroom. “Great! Rath just got back with the ring.” Tristan said, handing it to Zan for inspection. He smiled and handed it back to Tristan, who placed it in his pocket.

“Nervous?” Tristan asked, heading for the door. “Not too nervous, I hope.” Rath shot back. Zan rolled his eyes. When he proposed, he’d forgotten he’d be dealing with an overprotective older brother. “I’m not going to just leave Nerissa standing at the alter. I love her more than that. I may be nervous, but I’d never hurt her that way. Nothing’s keeping me from marrying her today.” Rath heard the determined not in his friend’s voice and said nothing more. Leaving Zan and Tristan, Rath walked down the hall to his sister’s room. He knocked on the door and was greeted by Ava. “Everyone ready?”

Ava plastered a smile on her face and nodded. At this point she didn’t really care who knew she was faking or who knew she was unhappy. The man she loved was about to marry another woman. A woman he claimed he loved. What did he really know? Nerissa would never be good enough for him, and, she thought, when he realized that she was the one he really wanted, she would be only too pleased to watch him beg for her love.

Rath watched Ava’s fake smile and emotionless eyes and he could feel a bit of anxiety enter his system. He would definitely have to look into that a little more. However, his attention shifted to his sister, who was walking toward him. A shy smile was on her lips and he could have sworn her eyes glowed with love. This was right. Zan was the right man for her. He would treat her with the love and care and respect she deserved. He placed a brotherly kiss on her forehead as he took her arm, and waited while Vilandra and Ava took their places in front of them at the doors leading to the small room where the ceremony would take place.

“You look handsome.” She whispered, glancing up at him with a smile still upon her lips. He was wearing black shoes, pants, tie, shirt and jacket. (Think prom) “Don’t look half bad, yourself.” He grinned down at her and she laughed. Vilandra turned around with a stern look and whispered harshly “Rath, will you shut up?! We’re about to start!” Rath held back a smile and nodded seriously, then, when Vilandra had turned back around he whispered, “I thought this was your wedding?” Nerissa shot him an amused look, “So did I..” And he just smiled and stood taller as the doors opened and they began the walk down the aisle.

Zan watched as first Ava then Lonnie walked through the doorway and came to stand across from him. Vilandra smiled warmly and Zan turned to look back toward the door, his heart speeding up when he saw Nerissa, escorted by Rath, walking down the aisle towards him.

When she finally came to stand beside him, Zan took her smaller hands in his and smiled down into her beautiful face. Nerissa squeezed his hands slightly and looked up into his amber eyes. She felt so protected and safe with him, this man who had fought a war for her and fought beside her. Who had been with her when she’d retired to her tent at night, exhausted physically and emotionally and at her very worst. He was also the man who could bring out the best in her and who she knew she would love for however many more lifetimes they were forced to live through.

The ceremony seemed like a blur to Zan. All he could focus on was the woman in front of him. His beloved. He vaguely remembered repeating his vows, but he’d decided that it wasn’t the spoken promises that mattered. It was the ones made with their eyes, their hearts and their souls that would carry them on through life.

After the ceremony, they all celebrated well into the night. Course after course of food was placed in front of them and drinks flowed copiously. Everyone was on their feet, dancing happily with the newlyweds. Soon however, they realized how late it had become and, remembering that the wedding day had become the wedding night, they left Zan and Nerissa, and went to their own rooms.

Once they returned to Nerissa’s room, where they would be staying until the fighting began once again, Zan closed the door and attempted to remove his tie, as Nerissa slipped out of the heels she had been wearing all day. Hearing him mumbling under his breath, she turned around and smiled. His hair was all mussed from the celebrating and his brows were drawn together in frustration as he attempted to remove the tie.

“Having trouble?” She asked, her voice laced with amusement. Zan looked up and sighed, then saw her smile and he couldn’t help smiling himself. “It’s not that funny you know. I’ve never worn one of these before. Rath tied it for me, how he knew to tie one, I’m not sure.” “Let me try.” She smiled and moved to stand in front of him. She reached for the tie and her hands brushed his, sending an electrical charge through both of them. “Sorry.” She mumbled. Zan smiled and brought his hands down to his side as she untied the thing around his neck.

Nerissa could feel herself blushing. She was standing there, untying her husband’s tie while he stared down at her intently with a small smile on his lips, and all she could think about was that by tomorrow morning things would be completely different between them.

Zan had been watching her closely as she concentrated on getting the tie undone and he noticed her cheeks had become stained red. “Your blushing.” He said softly, his voice holding a small note of awe. That only made her blush even harder. “You’re beautiful.” This time his voice was barely above a whisper but she still heard him. She turned her face up so that they were only inches apart and looked into his eyes, pulling the tie away and letting it fall from her fingers to the floor. “All done.” He smiled and leaned forward, brushing his lips over hers. As soon as their lips had touched, Nerissa lost all nervousness that had crowded her mind. She trusted this man with her heart and soul and tonight, she would trust him with her body as well.

Pulling away, Zan turned her around so her back was to him, and swept all of her hair over one shoulder, baring her neck and shoulders to him. “Zan...” “Nerissa, do you trust me?” “Yes.” She whispered, her voice trembling from the feel of his lips as he pressed a kiss to the nape of her neck. “I promise, if you want me to stop, all you have to do is say so.” She nodded.

Slowly, with nimble fingers, he began undoing the small buttons that ended at the small of her back. Each time a button was undone, exposing more of her beautiful skin, Zan leaned forward and placed a kiss on the gentle curve of her back. By the time he’d gotten down to the last button, Nerissa could barely stand. Her knees felt weak and her heart raced for wanting him. Her skin had become feverish with it and her breath was coming in soft pants.

Zan was on his knees behind her, his hands on her hips, as he placed a last kiss to her lower back. He stood up and took a deep breath. She turned her head slightly to look over her shoulder and she looked so beautiful and vulnerable with her hair swept over her shoulder, her whole back exposed to him and a passionate flush high on her cheekbones. Zan clenched his jaw and fisted his hands. All he wanted to do was whisk her over to the bed and feel her soft, naked body pressed to his, but he knew he had to go slow and be gentle because this was her first time. He didn’t want to give her a reason not to trust him.

She turned around fully then and let the dress slide from her body to fall in a puddle of shimmering material at her feet. “I do trust you Zan.” She whispered. With a barely audible groan, he swept her up in his arms and brought her to the bed, placing her gently in the middle as he began to unbutton his jacket. Unable to just lay there and watch him, Nerissa moved to kneel in front of him on the bed. Zan stopped what he was doing immediately and watched in rapt fascination as she quickly undid his jacket, then let her hands move up his chest, over his shirt. His breath escaped in a hiss and she moved her hands up to his shoulders, pushing his jacket off completely. Next was his shirt and after she had gotten it off, Nerissa let her hands wander over his shoulders and down his strong arms. She was enthralled by his body. So large and warm, his skin was smooth, yet she could feel his muscles straining below the surface as she moved her small hands from his chest down to his abdomen. Looking up into his eyes, she reached for the buckle on his pants, then she unzipped them.

Zan just stood there, mesmerized by her beauty. She knelt before him, completely naked. Her long, flowing hair fell in waves to her hips. Her skin was soft and golden in the dim light of the bedroom. Her breasts, with their rosy nipples hardened by desire, were round and perfect and begging for his touch, as were the glistening curls between her thighs. As she reached down to unzip his pants, she inevitably brushed his straining erection and he realized he couldn’t wait any longer. He couldn’t not touch her. Pulling the zipper the rest of the way down, he bent over to pull his shoes off and kick his pants from around his ankles.

Standing up, he saw her eyes widen as she took in his aroused state. Realizing he may have scared her by rushing her, he began to apologize, but was cut off when she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him hotly. She pressed her body up against his, but when she ground her hips against his, her core brushing his erection, he groaned, wrapping one arm around her waist, and once again laid her in the middle of the bed and slowly brought his weight down on top of her.

Nerissa sighed. The feel of his weight pressing her down into the soft mattress was heavenly and the way his hot skin felt against hers was surely going to drive her mad. She wrapped her arms around his body and entwined her legs with his, wanting to touch him everywhere. Zan placed a sweet kiss on her forehead, then one on each eye, her nose, and the pulse that beat madly at the base of her neck. Nerissa gasped as he moved further down her body and took one dusky pink nipple into his mouth. Her fingers twined in his hair instantly, trying to pull him closer. He laved, suckled and nibbled both nipples until she was gasping and pleading with him to finish what they had started.

Ignoring her last request, Zan continued to move lower down her body, trailing his tongue over her rib cage and then tracing a circle around her navel, before dipping inside. As he moved over her lower belly, he placed a hot, open mouthed kiss over her womb. The place where, in the future, their children would grow. Nerissa whimpered with need, but he only moved farther down, until she felt him part her swollen, moist lips, and place a kiss on her sensitive nub. She had never felt anything before quite like that. Her fingers gripped the blankets as stars exploded behind her closed eyelids. Zan held her hips firmly as she bucked beneath him, and greedily tasted her as she came.

Once she had finally come down from her high, Zan moved back up her body, his hips now cradled between her legs and the tip of his erection at her entrance. Nerissa moaned and moved her hips beneath him. It had become more than just lust and wanting. She needed him. She was desperate for him to be inside her, joining with her and completing both of them. Zan looked down at her and could read it all in her eyes. With a growl, he bent kissed her fiercely. Nerissa wrapped her arms around him, and as he pulled away, she looked up into his eyes once more. “I love you.” She whispered. Seeing in her eyes, all the love she had for him and her need for him, was his final undoing. He fused his mouth with hers, and thrust into her tight sheath, swallowing her abrupt cry. Tearing his mouth from hers, he stilled inside her and wiped away the one tear that had escaped her beautiful eyes. “I’m sorry. There had to be pain, just this once. I promise that’s the last time I’ll ever cause you pain.” Nerissa kissed him sweetly, then hugged him to her, moving her hips experimentally against his. It had really only hurt for a split second, before the feel of him inside her had rushed through her system. He was so large and warm and throbbing in her, that it was almost overwhelming. But she knew it was what she wanted.

Zan groaned and began to move inside her, burying his face in her neck. She was so tight and hot that he wasn’t sure he’d be able to last long. He hadn’t wanted to hurt her again, so he kept their pace slow. But when Nerissa began to writhe beneath him, whimpering his name while her nails dug into his shoulders, he knew she would be ok. Just before he felt she was about to come, he tangled his hands in her hair and gently drew her head back so her eyes were looking into his. He thrust into her again and again, deeper each time, and she felt like she was going to fly apart into a million pieces with the pleasure he was giving her. She looked up into the amber orbs that looked at her so intensely and she cried out his name as she finally came apart. Zan growled and swooped down to capture her mouth. His tongue slid against hers possessively as he felt her walls clamp down around him, milking him. He thrust into her hard and deep three more times, before his body went completely rigid and he spilled his seed deep inside her.

He collapsed, then rolled over onto his side, bringing Nerissa with him, still buried inside her. After their pulses had calmed, Zan pulled the blanket from under them and drew it up over their cooling bodies. “Are you ok?” He whispered, stroking her face with his fingertips and pushing her dampened hair off her face. Nerissa nodded sleepily and cuddled closer into his warmth, her body unconsciously seeking to be as close to his as possible. “Perfect.” She yawned and then Zan heard her breath even out and deepen as she drifted off to sleep. He wasn’t far behind.

When she came awake again, it was to the feel of Zan still inside her, hard now, and his kisses across her face as his hands stroked up and down her bare back. She smiled contentedly and hugged him closer to her. She was still slightly sore from the previous night, but the feel of him inside her, hard, made her want him all over again. She reached her mouth up to kiss him and pulled away with a smile. “Good morning.” She whispered, not wanting to break the feeling of enchantment that still hovered over them. “Good morning. Did you sleep well? Are you sore?” Nerissa smiled at his concern and nodded, “I did sleep well, and yes, I am a little sore. But, I hear that is to be expected.” She smiled shyly, then began to trail kisses across his jaw, and down his neck. “Nerissa, you don’t have to-” “I want you Zan.” She murmured. With a groan, he flipped them over so he was beneath her. She looked down at him, her eyes wide with surprise, and he claimed her mouth with his. “I don’t think you know what you do to me.” He whispered in between kisses. She moved her hips against his and smiled seductively. “Oh, I think I do.” He smiled and trailed his hands down to her hips, guiding her as she sat up, straddling him, and began ride him.

The sight of her above him alone would’ve been enough to make him come. He let one of his hands leave her hips and wander up to one of her perfect breasts. He took her nipple between his finger and thumb and pinched it slightly. It was enough for her and she came hard all around him. Zan took both hips in his hands again and thrust up into her deeply. She came once more and her release triggered Zan’s. His back bowed slightly as he came inside her, and when she fell against his body once more, he kissed her forehead and stroked her hair.

It was just about ten o’clock in the morning when they both woke again. They made love one more time, before washing up and getting dressed. They were about to head for the kitchen’s to get their breakfast, when there was a loud, urgent knock on the door. Opening it, Zan found Rath, Vilandra and Tristan on the other side. “What’s wrong?” He could tell something had happened by the look on their faces.

“It’s Ava.” Tristan said frantically.

“What’s wrong with her?” Nerissa asked, coming to stand by Zan. He wrapped an arm around her protectively as if he would keep her safe from what the bad news. He looked to Rath.

“She’s missing.”
xsuper_novax
Enthusiastic Roswellian

long awaited part 13

Post by xsuper_novax »

the part that's in italics is a dream, but the part in the dream that is between this>** **, that's a flashback that occurs in the dream. Confusing enough? good. any problems, feel free to ask.

Part 13

Death. There was nothing but the sight of death as Nerissa looked out over the barren land where they had fought and won their most recent battle. Even the biting wind carried the feeling of loneliness and solitude. Feelings that Nerissa found nestled deep inside her. It had been months since she had seen Zan. Three to be exact. They visited each other in their dreams and she could still hear him in her head through their connection, but a lot of the time they had to stay closed off from each other so that it wouldn’t be a distraction in battle and so if either of them were to be captured, they wouldn’t be able to give away any vital information. However, as she looked out over the charred land and the few bodies that had yet to be claimed or buried, Nerissa could feel the absence of him keenly. She wanted nothing more than to be able to fall asleep in his warm, safe arms and wake up to a day where the sun shone on a peaceful kingdom and there was no threat to the lives of anyone she loved. She had seen so much death and been a part of so much of it herself, that even her soul had begun to feel weary. She felt cold and exhausted inside, yet she always took precautions to make sure nobody, specifically herself, was surprised or caught off guard. It was something that, at the moment, they could ill afford.

One thing that had blind-sided them all had been Ava’s disappearance. Nerissa had known that Ava hadn’t liked her and was jealous of her, but apparently seeing she and Zan wed and knowing there was no chance for her if she were to stay, she had made the choice to flee. When she had first gone missing, the shock had clouded their minds so much that they had actually searched for her for two weeks. However, the search had ended when, two weeks later, spies in Kivar’s camp had reported back to Larek that Ava had been spotted being escorted to Kivar’s tent and eating dinner with him.

Nerissa snorted. She should have seen that one coming. Hell, a blind person could have merely felt the tension in the air. She shook her head and sighed, walking back toward her tent and unbuckling the belt around her waist that held her sword, which was encased in it’s sheath. Though there were aliens with powers, it was mainly the noble families and only a few peasants. Those who did have powers, only used them when they were in dire need. It was considered somewhat of a common courtesy not to use your powers in battle unless they were needed. Anybody could win a fight by mindwarping or blasting an opposing soldier, but to fight hand to hand combat was considered more honorable. It had taken Nerissa quite a while to learn how to wield the sword with efficiency before her own soldiers would allow her out onto the battle field. She had finally accomplished it, however. Much of her skill was due to her memories of the lessons she’d had to endure in her past life and the techniques she remembered. Still, she thought, every bit of knowledge helped when she was out there on the battlefield, fighting for the freedom of the men and women around her.

As she walked into her tent, Nerissa began stripping herself of her armor. It wasn’t as heavy as the armor she had worn to battles in her past life because she and some of the scientists and black smiths from her home planet had gotten together and designed a lighter armor for every soldier. It protected just as well, if not better than the old armor, but was much lighter and easier to battle in. Slipping on her silk robe, a gift from Zan and one of the only luxuries she allowed herself, she asked the guard outside to see if he could have a tub and hot water brought to her tent. She intended to bathe, eat and then finally get some much needed rest. She had been up for forty eight hours straight.

After bathing and eating, she laid down on the large, feather filled mattress that was towards the back of the tent and pulled the blankets over her head. She was sleeping deeply within moments.

Zan’s transport vehicle landed only an hour after Nerissa had laid down to sleep, and he made his way eagerly to where he knew her tent was. He stopped outside the entrance to talk to the guard for a moment. The man bowed out of respect and when he straightened again, Zan smiled kindly. “May I ask your name?” “Relnan, your Majesty.” “Relnan, how long has it been since the Queen retired to her tent?” “She came back from the battleground and ordered a bath about two hours ago, then sent for her dinner. I believe she may have retired for the night about an hour ago, your highness, for that is when she returned her plate to the cooks and she has not been out since.” Zan frowned and looked at the setting sun. “It’s still early yet.” He mumbled to himself. Relnan cleared his throat and spoke up. “If I may speak candidly, your highness, her majesty, Queen Nerissa, has not had a proper rest in almost forty eight hours. I would not be surprised if she slept late in the morning.” “Forty eight hours?!” Zan became worried and looked past the guard to the entrance. “Her majesty was quite adamant about planning strategies and about being out on the field today.” Relnan replied. Zan could detect a hint of pride in the guard’s voice and smiled as he pulled back the tent flap. “So, she’s as stubborn with her own body guard as she is with everyone else, eh? No doubt she has you wrapped around her finger.” The guard looked shocked for a moment, until Zan smirked, “Don’t worry, it’s happened to the best of us.” And with that he entered the tent.

He had come to her camp with every intention of spending a few wild, passionate nights with her before they both had to be off to Antar’s capital city. He had also wanted to make up for lost time by just being with her. However, as he looked down at her now, or rather, the lump in the middle of the mattress, covered by blankets, all thoughts of passionate nights went out the window and all he could think about was holding her and freezing the world where it was so that she could rest for as long as she needed. He undressed quietly and pulled back the covers. She had her back to him and was completely naked, her raven tresses spilled out over the pillows and mattress. He felt himself harden just at the sight of her, but he knew he would be more than contented to just hold her in his arms after being without her for so long. Laying down, he pulled the covers back over them and moved her hair so he wouldn’t be laying on it. Then he put his arm around her waist and pulled her back flush against his body, burying his face in the crook of her neck and inhaling the scent that was all Nerissa. He placed a kiss to her nape, then her temple and pulled her tighter against him before he closed his eyes.

Nerissa awoke about a half hour before the sun broke over the horizon, as she had been doing for the past few months. Last night she had slept better than she had in...well, she thought honestly, she wasn’t sure exactly how long it had been since she’d slept that deeply. With a slow grin of satisfaction she realized exactly why she’d slept so well the night before. She stretched slightly and turned over, still held captive by the warm, secure iron bands that were Zan’s arms. As she snuggled closer to his warmth, Zan held her tighter and began stroking slow circles on her back.

“You should still be resting.” He whispered, his voice gravelly and still heavy from sleep. Nerissa smiled and pressed a kiss to his heart. She had missed waking up to him so much. “Last night was the best sleep I’ve had in a long time. What time did you arrive?” She tilted her head back to look at him and he opened his eyes. He couldn’t believe how blown away he was each time he looked into her dark orbs. It was always as if he was being drawn in for the first time. He kissed her forehead and gave her a loving squeeze. “I arrived about an hour after you retired for the night.” His face became more serious, “Your guard tells me you haven’t been sleeping much lately. I’m worried for you, Rissa, I want you to rest more.” Nerissa rolled her eyes and sat up, holding the blanket to her chest. She hadn’t seen him in four months, and if he thought the first thing he was going to do was order her around, he had another thing coming. “Zan, I am perfectly fine. I promise.” She turned her head to face him and her hair tumbled over her shoulder. The picture she presented to him, her back bare and her hair loose and disheveled from sleep while she watched him over her shoulder; made him realize exactly how long the months had been without her.

Nerissa recognized the look that came into his eyes as he propped himself on one elbow and she pulled the covers off both of them, straddled him and pushed him flat on his back. Zan smiled and she leaned down to kiss him gently. Cupping her face, Zan looked up into her eyes, serious once again. “Are you sure you’re feeling ok? I don’t want anything to happen to you. We still have so much ahead of us. I can’t do this without you by my side. I love you.” Nerissa kissed him thoroughly and passionately as she impaled herself on him. Zan groaned and his hands slid down to her hips, holding her tightly. “I promise you, if there’s anything wrong with me, you will be the first to know. I love you.”

Before the sun even broke over the horizon, Zan and Nerissa made love several times, before collapsing on the mattress and falling into a deep sleep. Zan kept his arm protectively around her waist as they slept, until, minutes after dawn, she began to become restless in his arms...

It was three months ago, to the day, that Zan and Ava had been married, and one month since Nerissa and Tristan had been married. Only one day after accepting his proposal, they had wed in the royal temple in the capital city of Aquin. And today, everybody had gathered together to celebrate the marriages that had strengthened the alliances between Katana, Aquin and Antar. Both sets of newlyweds were in attendance, as well as their royal families and Larek, along with many diplomats from the three planets.

Nerissa looked around, hoping to catch her husband’s eye. Her and Tristan had decided that they could wait no longer to talk to Zan, it had to be tonight. As she looked through the crowds, and hand closed on her elbow and warmth spread from her entire being. She caught her breath and turned, but she already knew who was standing there. “Zan.” She breathed. She turned fully and gently pulled her arm out of his grasp.

“Nerissa, I must speak with you immediately.” He reached for her once again but she stepped out of reach, not missing the look of hurt that flashed through his eyes. “Zan, I can’t leave with you, unchaperoned, you know that. I’m married now, as are you.” She almost choked on the words, but she knew it was necessary. Reminding him of their current situations was the only way she could think to make him see reason. “I don’t care that I’m married, it’s you that I love. And I know you still love me. I feel it. I felt it when we were together.” Color rose to her cheeks and she looked in his eyes, knowing by the desire she saw there, that he was remembering the one night they’d shared together.

**She’d been so distraught since she’d been married to Tristan. It felt as though she were suffocating. She’d known all along that a life with Zan was out of the question ever since he’d been married, but marrying Tristan had made it all final. It had ended any spark of hope she may have held onto. It also made her feel horrible, knowing that her husband knew exactly what she was feeling. He knew she still loved Zan and that her acceptance of their marriage was reluctant, and yet he still cared for her. God! Could nothing ever go right for her?!

Tristan had left for one week to settle things at his home on Antar and one night while he was away, while she was preparing for bed, she’d seen a figure on her balcony. Walking toward the doors, which had been closed against the rain, she parted one curtain and saw him standing there. He was wearing a cloak with the hood pulled over his head, obscuring his features. Yet she still knew it was him. Opening the door she had let him into her room and into her bed and when he’d first entered her and felt her barrier still intact, he’d kissed her long and passionately. When she woke in the morning, he was gone and she had realized she was pregnant.

When Tristan returned home, she’d been unable to lie to him. She’d broken down and told him that she had betrayed him and was pregnant with Zan’s child. She’d expected him to be angry, furious, violent. Instead, he had just held her and stroked her hair while she cried. He told her that no matter what, the child would have to be protected. Nobody would be able to know who the father truly was, other than them. “He’ll know Tristan, one month after conception, the baby forms a connection with it’s biological father. You won’t be able to hide it from him.” Reluctantly, he had agreed they would have to tell Zan. “After all that I have done to you, all the pain I must have assuredly caused you, why would you help me now? Why would you help a child that is not even your own?” He had hugged her and kissed her on the forehead. “Because no matter the father, that child is a part of you, and I love you.” Her heart had broken for him and she knew that no matter how much she loved Zan, she would never allow anything to come between her marriage with Tristan. She owed it to him and to her unborn child to try to make it as healthy a marriage as possible.**

“Zan, we can never be together again. That night was...” “Don’t tell me it was a mistake. I know it wasn’t!” He whispered fervently. If only she would listen to him! “What do you honestly think could come of this Zan? I love you, I will love you until I die but admitting that does us nothing! What would you have me do? Become your mistress so we could run around in the dark, behind the backs of our friends and families who trust us. Would hold me in such low esteem that you would do that to me?” She asked, even though she knew it wasn’t true. Zan’s heart beat frantically. He just couldn’t accept that this was over. It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t fair! “Few things in life are Zan, but we must accept that if we are to protect the people we love the most.” She turned to leave but he grabbed her hand quickly, rubbing circles on her palm with his thumb, conveying all he felt with his eyes. She gave his hand a gentle squeeze before he let her go.

Finding Tristan, she took his hand in hers and he squeezed it, then place a kiss on her cheek. Frowning, he touched his palm to the side of her face. “You’ve become quite warm, perhaps we should go out onto the balcony for some fresh air.” Nerissa smiled and nodded, taking her husband’s hand once again, and moving across the floor of the large ballroom, towards the balcony. They were stopped along the way by many well wishers and once they finally arrived at the open doors which led outside, Tristan heaved a sigh of relief and Nerissa giggled. Tristan grinned, but turned sharply when he saw Nerissa staring over his shoulder, a look of terror and anguish on her face.

“Move one more step and I’ll crush her throat.” A man stood near the railing of the balcony, with one hand on Vilandra’s neck and the other around her waist. Nerissa’s hand flew to her mouth in shock and Tristan took a hesitant step forward. “I mean it boy, stay back or I will kill her.” The man spoke softly, and though the shadows were concealing his face, Nerissa recognized the voice as belonging to Lexton Volcor, Larek’s foster brother. Nerissa also knew he was the young man Vilandra had been talking about so much lately.

“Lex?” The man laughed and stepped out of the shadows, confirming her suspicions. However, as soon as he came into view, he pulled Vilandra to his side with the hand still on her throat and passed his other hand over his body, changing his form. A shapeshifter. When Nerissa saw who it really was she gasped and she heard Tristan whisper a harsh ‘No’, before Vilandra made her move to escape. Nerissa ran forward, hoping to rescue her friend, however, she’d only taken five steps when she heard the unmistakable sound of Vilandra’s neck being snapped. She watched in horror as the man threw her friend’s lifeless body over the side of the balcony and raised his hand toward her. And yet, she could do nothing but stare at him. At his eyes. “Kivar, if you hurt her, I’ll kill you.” Tristan said softly, his voice menacingly low. Kivar just laughed and poured all his energy right in her direction. Right before it hit her, Tristan pushed her down to the ground, taking the blast full in the side. He was killed immediately.

A shriek of horror escaped Nerissa as she stared into her husband’s lifeless eyes. She pushed the body off her and attempted to run towards the ballroom, only to be caught around the waist by Kivar. His palm flexed over her belly and she reached back to claw at his face. He placed a hand over her chest, effectively trapping her arms. “My my my, it seems as though the Queen of Aquin has become quite the little slut.” He whispered into her ear. “Don’t you dare harm my baby. If you harm either of us, Zan and Rath will tear you apart.” “Well, that’s quite obvious my dear. That’s why I planned ahead and had my entire army waiting in the courtyard and surrounding the castle.”

Everyone had heard Nerissa’s screams and were rushing toward the doors when Kivar stepped into the doorway, Nerissa in his arms. “Well well, what have we here. Looks like a celebration!” “Let her go.” Zan stepped forward from the crowd, Rath at his side, both with their hands up, ready for a chance to blast Kivar. “There’s the proud father-to-be now. Has she told you yet Zan, or do I get to be the bearer of good news?” He reached down and placed his hand over her stomach again and Zan’s eyes widened. He looked up into Nerissa’s face and saw the truth in her eyes. Kivar placed his other hand over her mouth and her eyes widened as she let out a muffled scream. Zan felt a connection in his brain snap and sever and he could tell by the pain he felt from Nerissa and the look in Kivar’s eyes that he’d killed their child. He let out a roar and rushed towards the steps. Kivar placed a hand over Nerissa’s heart and she let out an ear-piercing scream before he dropped her body to the ground. Zan rushed forward, with Rath keeping watch of Kivar, but never made it to her body. Blinding pain spread from his spine up into his brain and he collapsed on the floor gasping for breath. Rath was attacked and pinned to the ground by several of Kivar’s men who were now infiltrating the castle.

As Nerissa lay there, gasping for her last few breaths, Zan reached his hand out and brushed trembling fingers across her cheek. She sighed and closed her eyes. He felt a tear roll down his cheek as he closed his eyes for the last time.

Zan was about to wake Nerissa up, when she sat up, gasping for air with tears streaming down her face. He shot up out of bed and took her face in his hands, forcing her to look in his eyes. “Nerissa. Nerissa! What’s wrong baby? What is it?” Finally, the wild look left her eyes and she just stared into his, still gasping for air. “What is it?” He whispered. Nerissa placed her hands over his that were cupping her face and let him feel what she felt and see what she saw. His pupils dilated and he took in a shaky breath. His eyes became teary and he pulled her to him, crushing her against him. “Oh god, Zan. I don’t ever want to lose you again.” She buried her face in his neck and held him tightly. Laying back down on his side, he pulled Nerissa down with him and held her until her body stopped shaking. He stroked her hair and rubbed her back, hoping to soothe her. The next time him and Kivar came face to face, he would kill him slowly for the pain he put them through.

Nerissa still couldn’t get over what she had seen. Of course, she had remembered everything that had happened and she remembered Kivar killing her, but to relive it again was horrifying. She still remembered the moment he had placed his hand over her stomach and killed their child. She would make him regret that night.

She placed one hand on her belly now as Zan pulled away and kissed her lips gently. She had felt it when she’d woken up from the nightmare and it was one of the reasons she’d been so afraid. She and Zan had created a life. She was pregnant with his child. “Zan,” “Hmm?” He had his eyes closed but continued to touch her everywhere, not being able to let go of her. “Zan, I have to tell-”

“Nerissa! Zan! You guys need to hurry - Kivar’s attacked Antar’s capital. He’s blowing it up building by building. The only place untouched is the castle!”

Hearing Rath’s frantic voice the both rushed to get dressed and left the tent quickly. And though Nerissa still needed to tell Zan about the child, she knew she’d have to wait until they had figured out why Kivar was attacking the very city he and his men were stationed in.

ok, so i know i've been away for like, two months, but i had a horrible case of writer's block and RL and a hard time with motivation.

PLUS! i visited my choice college and now i've been accepted *applause*

I never really intended for this fic to be too long...only about 20 parts, if that, so i'm going to be trying to tie some stuff up and while it definitely won't take as long to get the next part out as it did this one, it may take a week or two. however, if my muse effects me as it did with part 13, i could get it typed out in a matter or two or three days.

ok-enough-i gotta go but i will be checking in!

karen
xsuper_novax
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by xsuper_novax »

AN

I have recently received a pm from the administration asking whether or not this fic has been abandoned. I just wanted to let past readers know that this fic has not been abandoned. Unfortunately, however, between writing 3 research papers for my English honors class and starting a new job, I haven't really had a chance to get my next part together. At least not to my satisfaction.

Also, I've had a nasty case of writer's block. I have a feel for where I want to story to go, now it's just a matter of getting it there. I hope that if anybody is still interested in this story, they'll keep an eye on it because my last research paper is due next week and after that, I'll be devoting some major hours to this story. Thanks guys!

Karen