Boulevard of Broken Dreams (CC AU, Teen) Ch. 5 11/07/11[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Boulevard of Broken Dreams (CC AU, Teen) Ch. 5 11/07/11[WIP]

Post by Roswellian117 »

Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Author:Roswellian117

Banner:Me

Disclaimer:I do not own Roswell, I do not own Green Day lyrics or the name of their songs or Green Day itself. I do however own my own original character's.

Rating:Adult

Pairing:M/L, M/M, A/I, K/Ava, K/T and OC/OC's

Summary:Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. Hera Evans is determined to help her family but when she travel's back in time will she change and meddle in more than she thought.

Author's Note:This really came to me in a dream and I woke up just fascinated by the storyline that I had dreamed. I will try to update this story as frequently as I can. I will post the prologue first and I really hope people like it! Also, it will be centric on Hera after all she is the main character but anyone who has read anything by me knows that I am a character driven writer. I like to character study, so I like to focus on each character and give them a chance to be front and center. This will be canon and follow along side the show but it has a path of it's own. Enjoy!

Prologue

October 5, 2020

I’m Hera Athena Evans and I always thought I knew everything but somewhere along the line I lost my way. I guess love does that to a person though. Even if he doesn’t see me I see him. I look at my parents who are still very much in love and pray that one day I will have that. I guess the love they have for one another ruined me for anyone else. Their story is one for the books. They went through so much and yet they still stand strong. Uncle Michael and Aunt Maria went through so much as well and even though they drive each other crazy their love shines through anything. I think even Uncle Kyle and Aunt Ava went through some pretty crazy things, I mean it took them a while to find one another and especially long for Aunt Ava to gain everyone’s trust. The only one not really living her life to full potential is Aunt Isabel; 2 of her loves are dead but I think that her heart will always belong to Uncle Alex… I know what to do now though and even though it is dangerous and against my daddy’s wishes I have to do what I have to do. I am after all a Princess of Antar and if I want to make a better future for my Aunt Isabel… Well I have to do something that has taken years of secrecy to figure out. Tonight I go back and change things… Tonight begins my journey back.

Hera

Hera Athena Evans put her holo-journal away and stared up at the night sky… The moons of Antar were shining brightly and she had no trouble seeing her best friend and her cousin enjoying the cool night air. She saw Cahira look up at her with an inquisitive look. Hera knew what she had to do and if she didn’t one day all this would be over… One day her Aunt Isabel would no longer want to live.

“Are you sure about this Hera?” Max asked his daughter as she smiled at him and looked up at the Granolith.

“Yeah, daddy I’m sure. Aunt Isabel is looking worse and worse every day; she thinks we don’t notice but the light in her eyes is slowly fading. I have all the information I need to give to you guys and maybe you won’t lose anyone in the war this time or we can defeat Khivar earlier. I know this is dangerous especially if I might not exist if I do this right but I don’t care as long as Aunt Isabel get’s the happy life she deserves. I know that we will all exist though daddy. I saw it and mom saw it too. This is going to work.” Hera said as she hugged her father tightly. Liz was at the entrance, tears forming in her eyes. Hera walked over to her and smiled.

“I know this is going to work, it just still scares me. You’re my little girl; I have a right to be scared. I know we saw a vision of it working out but still.” Liz said as she wiped her eyes and pulled Hera into a tight hug.

“Mom, I promise that you’ll see me again. I love you so much. I love both you guys so much.” Hera said as Max walked over and held his family tightly. They heard the Granolith beep its countdown and they all looked over at it.

“Hera, be careful. I plan on seeing you again; I plan on never letting anyone else be my daughter.” Max said as he held Hera’s face lovingly between his hands and kissed her forehead.

“Well I better get to it. 1999 here I come! I’m ready to party!” Hera said as Liz shook her head and smiled. Hera held her hand up to the cold surface of the Granolith and took a deep breath, she closed her eyes and then everything went blank.

Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day:

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk a...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah,
Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone

Read between the lines
What's fucked up and everything's alright
Check my vital signs
To know I'm still alive and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk a...

'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah
Ah-ah, Ah-ah

I walk alone
I walk a...

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk a...

'Til then I walk alone...

Last edited by Roswellian117 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:47 am, edited 11 times in total.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Boulevard of Broken Dreams (CC AU, Teen) Prologue 10/25

Post by Roswellian117 »

Here's Chapter 1! Hopefully I can update once a week if not I'll give you guys a heads up!

Sundae: I can assure you dreamer status to no end! LOL. Hera is one of the main characters but NOT the main character. It's really about all of them. You know I gotta get Green Day in somehow! :D

Ginger: I had that figured out and I knew right away where she should live. You'll understand how they did it in a future chapter.

Keepsmiling7: Yes, it's going to be very fun. I already have things mapped out and Hera causes some trouble. Not too too bad though. It's really more out of love than malice.

Eve: Thank you so much! Glad you adore the title. It really went along with what I wanted this to be about.

Chapter 1:

August 19, 1999

I know what you’re thinking… “Why am I casually seeing Kyle Valenti?” Truth be told I don’t really know myself. I mean he’s a nice guy and he’s fun to hang out with but there isn’t a spark. Maybe I should just give it a little more time and we’ll see how it goes. There’s no need to settle down right now and like ‘fall in love’ I’m only 16, barely. The summer is almost over anyway so with that mine and Kyle’s casual thing. Anyway, I forgot to mention the new addition to our little family and it was really sad and surprising news… My mom and dad’s best friend’s from their “hippie days” well they recently passed away in a car accident and my parents are their daughter’s godparents so she came to live with us because she had no other family. She’s a year younger than me. I hope that this will open a new chapter in my life that will be welcomed. I am excited about her being here and so are my parents; I get a younger sister and they get another daughter. So far I have learned that she was an honor student, a science lover like me, and she’s a really sweet girl. I really hope Maria and Alex like her when they meet her tomorrow.

“Hey Liz, Auntie just let me know that dinners ready. I’ll save you a seat.” Liz heard from the doorway and looked up to smile at the girl.

“Ok, I’ll be right there.” Liz said as the girl gave a little nod and walked away.

For some reason I feel so connected to her already, and she’s only been here a few hours. I know that Hera and I will become really close. She already feels like my sister in so many ways… We even look like each other a bit which my parents were a little surprised by but I am so happy that she’s here. It’s going to be a great year.

Liz

Liz Parker walked into the kitchen with a little bounce, for some reason she felt more alive than she had been almost all summer. It seemed that her hair seemed to shine more and she had a certain glow about her.

“Hera, you’ve had a long day sweetie. Sit down and I’ll serve you.” Nancy said with a bright smile.

“Auntie, it’s ok. I can serve myself, I have to get used to serving.” Hera said with a little chuckle,

“Thanks so much for giving me a job Uncle. I don’t want to live here for free; I want to pull my own weight. I know that… with everything that’s happened… it’s going to be a bit of a struggle for me… but I really am happy to be here. My parent’s they loved you guys… Used to talk about you all the time and tell me all these stories…” Hera began to say as tears began to well up in her eyes. Liz put a hand on her shoulder and rubbed it soothingly while Nancy hugged the young girl tightly.

“I know how wonderful your parents were Hera and they will be so missed. They loved you so much. We loved Miles and Lisa so much. It was in god’s hands, and there’s nothing we can do to change it although we may want to.” Nancy said in a soothing voice.

“Thanks so much. I don’t want to talk about it anymore though. They would’ve been mad if I didn’t try to go on living my life.” Hera wiped her tears and smiled as she pulled away from Nancy and turned to smile at Liz and give her a small hug.

“There’s nothing wrong with grieving Hera. It’s only natural.” Jeff said with a small smile.

“I know. Come on let’s eat. All this good food is going to waste.” Hera said with a bright smile that reminded Nancy so much of Liz’s.

--
Liz sat on her bed thinking about Hera, and how the loss of her parents must really be hard on her. Liz’s thoughts drifted to the thought of losing her parents and the thought just so overwhelmed her with grief.

“Liz, are you ok?” Hera asked as she walked out of the bathroom in her pj’s and sat on the bed. Liz wiped her eyes quickly.

“Yeah… No… I don’t know. I was thinking about your parents and how you must feel about losing them which in turn made me think what it would be like to lose my parents. Just the thought of it is overwhelming and gut wrenching.” Liz expressed as new tears began to form in her eyes.

“Liz, losing my parents was one of the worst things that has ever happened to me but like I said before they would have been angry with me if I was walking around all depressed. They loved life, lived it to the fullest and they loved me. They were amazing and did a great job but they were also realistic and prepared me for if this ever happened. I’m grieving believe me I am but I have no regrets with how I treated them or how they treated me. They raised me to be strong and independent, so I will make them proud no matter what.” Hera confided as she wiped the tears that ran down her face away.

“Wow, you must’ve loved your parents so much.” Liz said.

“Yeah, I do.” Hera said with a shiny eyed smile.
--

Liz couldn’t sleep that night; she tossed and turned to no end still thinking about the emotions she felt just imagining her parents death. She looked over at Hera who looked so peacefully asleep. For a moment Liz felt the urge to softly stroke her face and watch her while she slept. It wasn’t a lesbian thing that Liz was sure of; it was more a maternal instinct than anything else. She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes suddenly feeling soothed and protected. Next thing she knew it was morning and Hera was shaking her softly awake, for a moment thinking she heard Hera call her mom.

“Crashdown is open for business today. I’m so excited to start working today!” Hera said as she jumped up and down clapping her hands. Liz couldn’t help the bright smile on her face as she watched Hera acting like a little girl on Christmas.

“It’s not going to be too busy today. It’ll be busier when the tourists come into town and the college student’s start arriving back into town in September. You’re going to love the crash festival. It’s kind of kitschy and townie BUT it’s a lot of fun.” Liz said as she padded into the bathroom to take a shower. Hera’s eyes followed Liz into the bathroom. If only Liz knew what awaited her come September 19th and Hera was well aware of the plan. She was to not interfere with that day at all; she couldn’t change the past at all until the time called for it. Today though was something different, it was happy. Today she would see the younger versions of her father, Aunt Iz, Uncle Michael, Aunt Maria, and she would finally meet Uncle Alex. Maybe she would meddle a little between Uncle Alex and Aunt Iz today… That was after all only part of the reason she was here… The other part was to…

Hera didn’t want to think about it… That part of the plan would involve getting her hands dirty and she couldn’t think about it… Not just yet.

“Bathrooms free.” Liz announced as she came out in her uniform.

“Thanks.” Hera said and headed in to take a shower. She looked back at Liz who was putting her hair up. Hera really hoped no one noticed how much she looked like Liz and Max.
Last edited by Roswellian117 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Boulevard of Broken Dreams (CC AU, Teen) Ch. 2 10/29

Post by Roswellian117 »

Thanks so much to all the feed back! I so appreciate it! Janet welcome!!! Your kind words are encouragement to me. All of you thank you so much for your kind words and liking this little... so far... story of mine!

Here's Ch. 2! Already? Well I have things planned out and I like to write outlines for each chapter now which makes it easier to write! LOL... Anyways, please don't hate me but this story moves a bit slow because it has to follow along with the show at certain times but not just yet! Soon, soon, soon a shooting will take place but not for a few more chapters. So without further ado... Chapter 2...

--

Walking through the hot humid streets was not something that she enjoyed but she had to get away from them. Sometimes they were so cruel to her and she had no idea why. She knew she didn’t fit in with them but she had no other family. She wanted a different life; she wanted something different than this. She saw kids playing basketball with their friends and wished she could join in with them; she wished she could be normal. She felt at ease for a moment until she heard familiar footsteps behind her; she immediately tensed up.

“Yo! You knows we was jus’ playin’! Why ya gotta get all butthurt like that?” Lonnie asked as Ava rolled her eyes.

“Ya know mah powers ain’t as developed as tha rest of yous. It ain’t cool ta act tha way.” Ava said as she stopped walking. Lonnie put her hands on her shoulders and smiled and all too sweet smile at her. Ava was frightened of her and of Rath. She was always worried that those two would betray her and Zan some way.

“Aves, yous know I love ya. I ain’t gonna say I’m sorry but wes family and I’s loves ya.” Lonnie said as Ava reluctantly smiled at her.

“We coo.” Ava said as Lonnie turned to walk back home. Ava stayed still sensing something, someone close. Lonnie stopped and turned back towards Ava and for a moment Ava thought Lonnie sensed it to but she only looked at her quizzically.

“Yous comin’?” Lonnie asked with her eyebrows arched. Ava shook her head and calmed herself.

“Nah, gonna go for a walk. Needs ta be alone for a few.” Ava said as she turned around and walked towards where she had felt something. Lonnie shrugged, rolled her eyes and walked away.

‘Wha’ is it? Who is it?’ Ava thought to herself as she walked closer to and closer. A young girl, no older than Ava, with long curly blonde hair and bright brown eyes was swinging on one of the swings at the park. She looked up at Ava and smiled a sweet smile that Ava felt so familiar with. Ava was drawn to this young girl in a way that wasn’t like Zan, Rath, or Lonnie. It was more familiar, more parental, and much more… love. The young girl bright eyes shined with love and adoration as she looked at Ava.

“Do I’s knows ya?” Ava asked as the young girl rolled her eyes.

“You told me you used to talk like this. Please try to talk normal.” She smiled and shook her head. Ava looked at her peculiarly and cleared her throat.

“Do I know you?” Ava asked with less of an accent.

“Not right now you don’t but you will. I can feel your energy, no need to put up any kind of guard. We’re safe, I promise; the gruesome twosome aren’t anywhere near here. Now, what I’m about to tell you will affect the rest of your life but, I was sent here to tell you this information and let you in on the plan. Uncle Max and Aunt Liz gave me specific instructions and so did you and daddy.” She said as she and Ava sat on the swings.

“Who are you?” Ava asked inquisitively as the girl looked at her with a twinkling smile and honest eyes.

“I’m Cahira; I’m from the future and… I’m your daughter.” Cahira smiled as Ava pulled her into a tight hug.

“I knew Zan and I…” Ava began to say as Cahira pulled back with a serious look on her face.

“Mom, my dad’s name is Kyle Valenti and there’s some things you need to know about the so called people you call your family. I’m here to warn you about them. Mom, first off destiny is a load of crap, as you so put it; and those three people aren’t your real family. Haven’t you ever wondered why your powers don’t work right? Mom, your pod was switched but you can’t go with your real family just yet, you have to wait… until… after… um… Zan gets killed.” Cahira said as tears formed in Ava’s eyes and she smiled… not because Zan was going to die but she had a real family. Rath and Lonnie weren’t a part of it and she was relieved to know her human conscience had a place in this world.

--

“So I have three cherry cokes, two orders of rings of Saturn, and two galaxy subs. Can I get you all anything else?” Liz asked as the three teens shook their heads no. Liz had been at work for the past two hours bored out of her mind that is until Maria started work. Hera was upstairs preparing to make her grand debut as she so sweetly put it with a laugh.

“So when does the new family edition making her grand entrance?” Maria asked as she changed into her uniform in the break room.

“Right now.” Hera said with a huge smile as she walked down the stairs in her uniform and her headband. Maria took a double take at the 15 year old, for a moment she thought she was looking at Liz and it was a little weird.

“Maria DeLuca, best friend to your new big sister here and resident gossip.” Maria said as she extended her hand and Hera shook it wholeheartedly.

“It’s very nice to finally meet you; I’ve heard nothing but good things about you of course.” Hera said as she took her hand away and fixed her antenna headband.

“Liz told me about your parents and I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for your lose. You seem like such a strong person to be holding up so well.” Maria said with a sincere look on her face. Hera looked at Maria for a moment and noticed just how much her looks were still very much the same when she gets older. The only thing that changes is the hair, right now it was a short pixie cut, not the best look for her.

“Thank you so much, my parents wouldn’t want me moping around.” Hera said as she grabbed the alien apron out of her assigned locker.

“You ready?” Liz asked as Hera shook her head in a confident way. Hera knew that she could do this with her eyes closed; her mother had been prepping her for months prior to this. Liz led the way into the café and Hera immediately felt a familiarity… Max, Michael, and Isabel sat at their usual booth enjoying their food. Max threw inconspicuous looks at Liz but Hera noticed… inconspicuously as well of course; she was after all her father’s daughter.

“So what should I do?” Hera asked as Liz went behind the counter followed by Maria.

“Why don’t you go see if they want a refill or anything else?” Liz suggested as she began to wipe down the counters and Maria began to restock the napkins.

Hera walked over to her family and smiled graciously at them but she sensed them tense up around her. Michael looked at her with a weird suspicion and Hera knew she had to throw up a mental block. As soon as she did that they all seemed to relax… just a bit.

“Hello, I’m Hera… um… can I get you guys a refill or anything else?” Hera asked as Max looked at her with small smile.

“Cherry coke.” Was all he said to her as the other two dismissed her completely.

“Sure.” Hera replied as she walked away. ‘Seriously? They really were super guarded… Daddy wasn’t playing about Uncle Michael. If looks could kill!’ Hera thought to herself. She heard the front door jingle and saw a tall, lanky, nerdy yet cute boy walk in. She knew right away who it was… Alex.

“Hey Alex, where ya been?” Maria asked as Alex sat at the counter.

“My band had practice this morning. I’m telling you ‘The Whit’s’ are finally coming along. We’ve mastered one song already. So… this young lady must be Hera. I’m Alexander Charles Whitman but you can call me Alex.” Alex said extending a hand as Hera shook it. She loved him right away and hopped to spend more time with the boy who would one day be her favorite Uncle if all went well and according to plan. Cahira should be doing her job right at this very moment.

“Alex it’s a pleasure.” Hera said with a huge smile. She had to fight the urge to hug him; she knew if she did people would be a bit… ok a lot weirded out.

“So how’s work so far? Do you like it here in Roswell? You excited to start school? Has Liz been treating you well? You can tell me.” Alex said as Hera laughed at his questions. Liz stuck her tongue out at Alex in a loving way and Maria leaned in closer to hear what Hera had to say.

“Work is good so far… Roswell seems nice… Yes… and yes to your last two questions.” Hera said with a smile as she filled up a cherry coke and an orange soda mixed with root beer. She had a plan. Alex had been giving Isabel small looks since he came in, “Excuse me for a sec, duty calls… Here you go, oh and this is from him. He told me it was your favorite.” Hera put the orange and root beer mix in front of Isabel and walked away with a huge smile on her face, “Turn towards Isabel and wave.” She instructed Alex in a whisper and he did just that. Hera looked over at Isabel and noticed the traces of a small smile curling on her lips. Liz looked at Hera with a puzzled expression; Hera shrugged and went about her business.

‘Step 1 of 1,000,000 complete.’ Hera thought to herself with a soft smile.

--
“Are you going out with Kyle Valenti tonight?” Maria asked with a disgusted look on her face.

“Yes, he called me earlier and I agreed. It’s just a movie; it’s not a big deal… I mean… It’s just this… casual thing.” Liz said changing out of her uniform. Hera rolled her eyes.

“Do you even really like the guy? Like does he make you… I don’t know, see stars when you kiss him or make you like melt with a glance?” Hera asked, knowing all too well who she was talking about. Maria and Liz looked at her with questioning eyes. Liz chewed on her lower lip for a moment and pushed her hair behind her ear.

“No… not really… I mean when we kiss it’s nice… but… oh how do I describe it?” Liz asked as she formed an expressive look on her face.

“Easy… when you kiss him do you feel like you’re floating on air, are there fireworks, does your whole body feel explosive? I mean it’s pretty simple mo… Maria… she either feels that or she doesn’t… You’re her best friend… tell her.” Hera said as she mentally yelled at herself for the slip up.

“She’s right Liz, you should feel those things. Do you?” Maria asked as Liz shook her head.

“Who feels those things at 16 anyways? I have my whole life ahead of me to feel like that. Kyle is just a casual thing, that’s all.” Liz said as she shut her locker.

--

“I felt something in the Crashdown today and I know you guys felt it too.” Michael said as he sat at Max’s desk. Isabel lounged idly on Max’s bed flipping through a magazine, while Max stood against his dresser.

“I don’t know what exactly I felt Michael. It was something familiar but I don’t know what or who it was coming from or even where.” Max said with a deep thought look on his face. Isabel shut her magazine and threw it aside.

“Michael it could’ve been anything. Maybe you felt one of us. I mean we’re not even sure what exactly ‘it’ was that we felt.” Isabel said. Michael looked at them with a look of annoyance.

“It was something, maybe another one of our kind, finally here to take us home. Take us to where we really belong.” Michael said with determination.

“What if it’s not that at all? What if ‘its’ or ‘they’re’ here to hurt us? Then what?” Max asked what Isabel had been thinking as well; she shook her head.

“And what if ‘they’re’ here for us? Maxwell, this could be what we’ve been waiting for and I for one am not going to sit around and wait. I think we should…” Michael began but Max interrupted.

“Michael, we need to be careful. We don’t want to draw attention on ourselves. Just give it a few days and if we sense anything else then we’ll go looking for ‘them’ or ‘it’ or whatever.” Max said as Michael rolled his eyes and reluctantly agreed but Michael’s mind was already made up… he was going to find what he felt… he knew it was family… he had felt that bond for a moment.
Last edited by Roswellian117 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Boulevard of Broken Dreams (CC AU, Teen) Ch. 3 11/3

Post by Roswellian117 »

So here I am back and posting a new chapter... Please forgive me if it doesn't make sense I am working without a beta for now... Hope you all enjoy!

Tense and uncomfortable. That’s how Liz felt sitting next to Kyle in the movie theater. She couldn’t get Hera’s words out of her mind. ‘Am I supposed to feel like that? Ugh… I feel confused now.’ Liz thought to herself as Kyle glanced over at her and smiled. He took her hand and Liz had to force herself to smile. There was no tingle, no spark, in all honesty it felt like she was holding her brothers hand. Liz realized what she had to do but she really hoped that they could stay friends because that’s exactly how she felt about him… a friend.
--
Walking along side each other Liz couldn’t help but feel the tension that was mounting from her. They had had very little conversation and if she didn’t break it now, she knew she never would.

“Kyle… I think… I think we should talk.” Liz said softly as she walked over to a park bench and sat down. Kyle followed suit and sat down next to her.

“Ok, let’s talk.” Kyle said as he smiled at her. Liz was nervous; she tucked her hair behind her ear and looked at him with her bright brown eyes.

“You know this last month has been fun… and I think if two people are going to work… um… they need to feel certain things about each other…” Liz began as Kyle looked at her quizzically.

“I completely agree... It has been really fun and I do feel certain things for you Liz…” Kyle began but Liz interrupted quickly.

“Kyle, I know you feel certain things for me but…” Liz was about break his heart when Kyle pulled her in close and kissed her. She didn’t mean to but she kissed back and Kyle completely took it the wrong way and pulled her in tighter; Liz heard a rustle somewhere and felt a presence that was extremely close. She pushed back from Kyle and looked around leaving a confused looking Kyle wondering what she was doing.

“Liz, are you alright?” Kyle asked as Liz continued to look around.

“Yeah… I mean didn’t you hear that?” Liz asked as Kyle shook his head.

“I didn’t hear anything and if there was a noise I wasn’t really paying attention to it.” Kyle said with a lusty look in his eyes. This time they heard people talking and it was getting closer.

“Liz?” She heard someone ask and recognized the voice of Hera.

“Hera? What are you doing here? Oh hey Alex.” Liz said as Alex walked up behind Hera. Kyle cleared his throat as he got up off the bench and stepped closer to Liz. Hera gave Kyle a glowing smile which gave him a warm feeling, familiar in a way.

“Alex nice to see you… and Hera? It’s really nice to finally meet you.” Kyle said as he extended a hand which Hera shook graciously. Hera felt a little weird seeing her Uncle with her mom but she shook it off and knew she had to let things proceed as normal until September 19th.

“It’s really nice to meet you too Kyle. I’ve heard good things about you… from Liz of course. You don’t mind if Liz walks back home with me do you? Alex and ran into each other when I was out for a jog after work, it was getting late so he asked if he could walk me home but now that I ran into Liz here do you mind if we just go home together?” Hera asked with a charming smile that Kyle couldn’t say no to.

“Of course, it was almost time for me to take her home anyway. I’ll see you later Liz, bye guys.” Kyle said as he kissed Liz quickly on the cheek, gave a quick wave and took off towards home. Hera giggled as Liz blushed a bit.

“Well thanks Alex for escorting me this far I really appreciate it, I didn’t realize how late it was.” Hera expressed her gratitude as Alex as he just smiled a signature smile at her. Liz looked at the exchange between them as almost oddly familiar as though there was an inside joke passing between the two of them. She wondered if maybe there was something developing between them.

“Not a problem, someone has to keep the young ladies of this town safe. Liz, Hera… I will see you two later. Night.” Alex bid his goodnight and left for home. Hera and Liz walked in silence for a moment until Liz cleared her throat.

“So… Alex… he’s a really great guy… one of my best friends.” Liz began as Hera nodded in agreement, “So I mean if you… think… you know you might like him… I could totally…”

“Liz… it’s not even like that… I could totally see Alex as a big brother but that’s about it. Besides I think he has his eye on someone else.” Hera said as Liz looked at her quizzically.

“Who?” she asked as they reached their front door.

“That remarkably beautiful blonde, statuesque girl from the Crashdown earlier today; the one sitting with those two guys.” Hera explained as Liz gave an ‘Ohhhh’ look.

“That was Isabel and Max Evans and Michael Guerin. They come in all the time.” Liz explained as they walked up to their room.

“Alex looked at her today and smiled at her. I think he likes her.” Hera shrugged as she started to change into her pj’s.

“He’s had the biggest crush on her since forever borderline obsession.” Liz said with a small laugh as Hera joined in for a second. Both girls pushed their hair behind their ear and Hera sat on Liz’s bed.

“So… how was your date?” Hera asked with her bright brown eyes.

-

“Do you ever think about it?” Isabel asked.

“Think about what?” Max asked as they washed dishes after dinner.

“Telling them.” Isabel said emphasizing them.

“Iz, we can’t its dangerous… you know that.” Max said as Isabel exhaled sharply.

“I know but I still think about it.” Isabel said as she looked around and used her powers to dry the dishes. Max looked at her and shook his head as she gave him an innocent smile.

-

“I’m glad you’re here.” Hera said as she hugged the blonde girl hard.

“Hey, I can’t let you have all the fun, you know that.” She said as they sat down on a bench in the courtyard of the palace.

“This place seems so empty. It’s weird how things already are starting to change Cahira.” Hera said as she brushed her hair behind her ear.

“I know but hey it’s the dream-plane what do you expect?” Cahira asked as she elbowed Hera lightly.

“So… how are things going so far?” Hera asked as Cahira’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“New York is awesome and my parent’s totally hooked it up with a rich family who is extremely nice to their poor orphaned niece. You?” Cahira asked.

“Good, I like my mom as a teenager… her and I are exactly the same except of course for my powers but other than that great. Getting to know Papa and Nana Parker is great too… no wonder my mom is so amazing. You have to thank Aunt Ava; she did a great job setting up the warp. Although it is hard pretending my parents died. Miles and Lisa… did you have to tell your mom to make them have the same first letter as my mom and dad?” Hera questioned with a sharp look.

“Hey… same for me… Kris and Anna… for a second there I almost called them Kyle and Ava. We really have to watch ourselves!” Cahira advised as she looked around the desolate and eerily quiet courtyard. Hera felt her body move and knew it was almost time for her to get up.

“I just realized you have one more thing to do then you disappear.” Hera said softly as tears came to her eyes. Cahira threw her arm around her cousin and best friend’s shoulders and pulled her into a tight hug.

“I promise that no matter what we’ll see each other again. You saw it yourself… there’s going to be Jacinda and Rena. We are going to have a safer life like you saw.” Cahira said as they smiled at each other. They both felt the pull and each girl woke up back in their beds.

Hera laid there for a moment… It was a new day and September 19th couldn’t get here fast enough.
Last edited by Roswellian117 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Boulevard of Broken Dreams (CC AU, Teen) A/N 11/5

Post by Roswellian117 »

This took me a while to post because well... I'm not too sure if I am doing the characters justice. I feel as though people think I am making them OoC. They may seem like that right now and this might seem Hera centered but as soon as the shooting happens and other things begin to happen everything will start to make sense I promise. I am happy with the feedback I have gotten this far! Thanks guys!

Ch. 4

“Concentrate… harder… keep concentrating… make me see it… no…NO!” he yelled at her again, much more aggravated than before… her powers had been off lately but this was ridiculous.

“I’m sorry.” She replied, her voice meek. He slapped her hard across the face.

“Never apologize! You are a Queen! You must never apologize… never show weakness!” he glared down at her as she changed her composure and glared hard back at him.

“Never hit me again… That’s an order Nasedo.” She said giving him a deathly gaze. Nasedo smiled at her wickedly.

“Yes your majesty.” Nasedo said with a small incline of his head.

Tess… You know I prefer Tess. Let’s get back to training, it’s important… I have to be ready when we find the others.” Tess said as she began to concentrate again.
--
September 7, 1999

I’m Liz Parker and I know it’s been a while since I last made an entry but it’s been really hard to find time to write. I have been so busy with work and exhausted from it too. We had a huge rush these last few weeks because of the college students coming back. Did I mention that school started for us mere high schoolers today? Well it did and I have to tell you so far so good. Hera is really fitting in well and she seems adjusting to life here in Roswell rather well. Although sometimes I catch her sort of staring out into space with a sad look on her face or sometimes she’s lying on her bed with her back turned towards me and it’s as if she’s asleep but I get close to her and she sits up and gives me this strange smile like she was caught doing something. I think it has to do with her parents as much as she says they would be upset with her if she moped around all day, I don’t really think she’s grieving properly. It’s not good for her to hold all of this inside… I know there has to be some stuff bottled up inside her head. If only I could do something. One thing I know for sure is that whatever is going on inside of her head is going to come pouring out sooner or later.

Liz

Staring up at the skies Liz awed with wonder, it was such a beautiful night.

“Breathtaking.” Hera said as she sat on the other folding chair adjacent to Liz’s; she had 2 mugs with tea in it. Liz smiled in gratitude as Hera handed her the tea.

“Yeah it is.” Liz said taking a sip of the warm tea, “This is really good… what type is this?”

“It’s just some tea I found… Not sure what it is…” Hera said as she took another sip.

“Hera?” Liz asked as she put the mug down.

“Hmmm?” Hera asked as she shifted in the chair as soon as she did that she felt the pull… This wasn’t supposed to happen now, not now… Instead of what she thought all of these new memories started mixing with her old ones and a headache more terrible than she had ever had struck her literally knocking her off her feet. Liz looked on in horror as she saw Hera seizure and fall to the floor.

“Hera! Mom, Dad! Hurry please!” Liz screamed as she held a seizing Hera tight.

“Liz what is… Oh my god!” Nancy yelled as she pushed herself out to the balcony.

“I’ll call 911!” Jeff shouted as he picked up Liz’s phone and dialed 911.

“Hera, baby… Auntie Nancy is here… Uncle Jeff is calling 911.” Nancy said as Hera’s body convulsed one more time and then went stiff. Liz and Nancy looked at each other as Hera’s eyes opened wide and looked as though they were all black.

“MOM!!” Hera shouted as she shot up straight clutching at Liz, looking straight at her. Liz’s eyes grew wide with confusion. As quickly as it had started it was over and Hera’s eyes had reclosed and she was lying down on the ground; Hera’s eyes fluttered open slowly and she looked around to see Liz and Nancy’s faces full of worry and they looked scared as well.

“Hera, honey you had a seizure. You’re ok; you’re going to be ok.” Nancy said as Hera’s eyes went wide.

“Did you call an ambulance?” Hera asked as she sat up suddenly.

“Of course we did.” Nancy replied as Hera began to shake her head no.

“I don’t need to go to the hospital… I’m fine… See?” Hera said as she stood up quickly.

“No, you have too honey what if you hurt something?” Nancy asked.

“I didn’t… and I’m sorry.” Hera said softly as she heard Jeff walk up behind her. Hera closed her eyes and pushed into their minds taking what they had just seen away… just as Aunt Tess had taught her to do. She had to change that now… she had to change where Cahira had gone wrong. As soon as her mother was shot next week… she would put the plan in motion sooner than she had hoped or anticipated to. Hera hurried downstairs, the only choice was a mindwarp… she hated it… she hated that she was taught how to do this. The paramedics looked at each other and walked into the Crashdown and sat down at the counter.

Hera ran back upstairs and closed the bathroom door behind her; she sank to the floor and began to sob… She had seen her mother die in a new reality that had been created but somehow Hera was still her and somehow she knew she still had a job to do.

“Hera? Are you alright?” Liz asked through the door, she heard Hera’s small voice say she as fine but somehow Liz didn’t believe her. Liz’s parent’s had been standing on her balcony when she was so sure she had been talking to Hera just a moment earlier but her mom had told her she brought them some tea and her dad had said he was just checking on his girls… It was the oddest thing.

Liz walked back to her room and got ready for bed slowly thinking about Hera. It was so strange sometimes having Hera around but other times it felt like a dream finally having a sister but for some reason Liz felt maternal towards Hera more times than none. Hera walked back into their bedroom and changed quickly into her pajamas. She didn’t look at Liz who noticed that Hera had been crying and seemed to tear up every time she looked at Liz. Liz couldn’t take it anymore and sat down on Hera’s bed.

“I know something’s wrong Hera; I can see it in your eyes.” Liz said as Hera pulled the blanket up around herself, turning her back towards Liz, “Hera… please… talk to me?” Liz pleaded as Hera sighed and turned to look at her, slowly sitting up. Hera’s eyes were filled with tears.

“Liz, I wish… I wish I could but I can’t… I can’t… I’m sorry… I’m so… so sorry!” Hera began to sob as Liz pulled her into a tight hug.

“Shhh… Hera it’s ok. You don’t have to tell me. It’s ok.” Liz said as she stroked her back soothingly.

-

“Hera! Hera!” Alexis yelled as she looked around for Hera. She found her sitting on a bench alone. She felt the blast hit her square in the chest IN A DREAM LAND!

“Who the fuck are you?!” Hera’s voice boomed as she stepped over Alexis who was clutching her chest.

“It’s me bitch! Your cousin Alexis Guerin! What the fuck!” Alexis yelled as she sat up. Hera’s eyes softened as she looked at the spitting image of her Aunt Maria and the attitude of her Uncle Michael.

“I’m sorry! I’m used to Cahira being my only cousin… I guess I have to kinda get used to it.” Hera said as she sat on the floor next to Alexis. Alexis looked at Hera with a small smile.

“It’s ok; you didn’t know… my mom filled me in on a LOT. Listen chica… something went wrong and we have to fix it. Cahira doesn’t exist in my reality but we need to get to a place where what you saw in your reality mixes with ours.” Alexis said as Hera nodded slowly not knowing how to take it that Cahira was gone.

--
Liz woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare which was horrible but she didn’t know or even understand it. She looked over at Hera and noticed that she was mumbling in her sleep. She could hear her softly talking and it sounded as though she were coming in and out of a conversation. Liz rose slowly from her bed and walked over to Hera but as soon as she reached the foot of Hera’s bed Hera was suddenly quiet, no longer even moving, just the sound of her breathing evenly in and out…
Last edited by Roswellian117 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Boulevard of Broken Dreams (CC AU, Teen) Ch. 5 11/07/11

Post by Roswellian117 »

So here it is... After all this time away... FINALLY... A new chapter to this tale LOL... ENJOY... Hope no one has forgotten me or this story... :D

September 19, 1999

It happened… Just the way it was supposed to. I watched it unfold before my eyes… They had no idea that I already knew. It was hard not to step in and stop it from happening but it has to unfold the way it’s supposed to. I cannot be uncovered just yet. Not by mom, not by dad, and not even by Hera… To them I’m just a college student returning home for the crash. I am the oldest of all my cousin’s thus I must protect them… I’ve seen Hera’s vision and I will protect them all but I have to help her. I have to save my father from that evil imposter of my Aunt Ava. That’s it for now. I will report back in a few days, maybe a few weeks depending on things. Can’t believe I am older than my parent’s here. Oh well…
Jacinda Whitman

The beautiful blonde sat in her apartment as she finished her transmission. It was hard to think that if the path shifted again she would be without her father… Jacinda couldn’t let that happen… The two timelines had to come together seamlessly.

--

Hera jerked away from Liz as she came upstairs; she couldn’t let Liz see her breaking down like this. Liz would worry and she couldn’t have that. She knew that her secret would spill out soon enough…
--

Liz couldn’t believe what had happened today… It made no sense at all to her. She had to find Max… She needed to speak to him and find some sort of logical explanation to what had happened. She’d talk to him tomorrow at school…
--

“What do you mean you sensed someone else?” Alexis asked as she sat on the bench next to Hera.

“It wasn’t familiar to me Lexi, not at all. I mean I know what our parents’ feel like and this was family but not them, not at all.” Hera said softly as she chewed on her bottom lip. Alexis looked at her for a moment before turning away and sighing. “What’s wrong?”

“You look so much like Aunt Liz when you do that… We used to sit on your parents’ bed and watch our mom’s get ready for diplomatic things together. Aunt Isabel would come in with Jacinda on her heels all excited about…”

“Wait!” Hera said interrupting Alexis who gave her a look making her look like her father for a moment.

“What?” Alexis asked thoroughly confused by Hera’s look.

“Jacinda? She’s from your timeline?” Hera asked as Alexis’ eyes went wide for a moment just like Maria when she said something she wasn’t supposed to.

“Yeah, I mean… I thought you had seen it… Unlike me and Cahira who don’t seem to really matter to you in your timeline or mine…” Alexis went on a rant trying to brush it off but Hera was much too much like her parents’ to let it go.

“Lexi, tell me who Jacinda’s parents’ are. Tell me about her. I only saw quick images and names.” Hera said giving her the same authoritive look as her father. Alexis melted under the stare and huffed.

“Fine… I’ll tell you, Jacinda is three years older than us making her the oldest of us four, her, Rena, Me, and you. She looks just like her mom but totally has her dad’s personality which makes us really tight. She took it as hard as you and Uncle Max when Aunt Liz was killed by that evil bitch. Especially since her mother was killed 8 years before that. Aunt Liz became her surrogate Mom. You guys are like sisters… I mean the four of us are but it’s different between you two. I’m not jealous believe me I was for a bit but it’s just like seeing Aunt Liz with the way you two act. Especially, because Jacinda is her father’s daughter to the tee.”

“So, who are her parents’?” Hera asked.

“Aunt Isabel and… Uncle Alex.” Alexis said as a memory floated to the surface of Jacinda, Rena, Alexis and herself sitting on a giant bed in a large room in the palace and her Aunts and mother all getting ready for a ball. Jacinda with her hair up and her thick glasses and braces laying on her stomach looking at the women getting ready. Cringing whenever her mother tried to make her try on a tight fitting dress and Aunt Isabel rolling her eyes saying, ‘You are your father’s daughter through and through. You might look like me but you have his fashion sense of zero.’ Jacinda sticking her tongue out at her mother in a playful manner saying, ‘Yeah but you still love Daddy no matter what.’ Aunt Isabel responding with a love sick look on her face, ‘Yes, and I love you too.’ She kissed Jacinda’s forehead. The memory faded and Hera had tears in her eyes.

“We have to merge the timelines. This has to work.” Hera said as Alexis put an arm around her cousin’s shoulder.

“It will… You saw it… It’ll work Hera and all of us will be a family again. All five daughters will give their parents hell.”

Hera’s eyes fluttered open as she let out a deep breath. This was harder than it seemed, sure she had orders from her parent’s but if she went wrong Cahira wouldn’t be in the other timeline Alexis was from. If things went another way Jacinda, Rena, and Alexis wouldn’t exist and it seemed that neither she nor Cahira would either. She had to set things right. One way or another the two timelines would merge and as Alexis said all five daughters would give each set of parent’s hell.

--

Hera had to do it, especially before Grandpa Jim found it… She burned it just like her mother had told her to. What would this change exactly? She didn’t know but she knew it would protect them for a while. It was almost time for her to do what she came to do and she hated that she had to do it. She wasn’t a murderer. Yet, her orders were clear and even clearer now she had to save Aunt Ava sooner.

--

Liz stared at Max with confusion and bewilderment…

“You’re not an… ali… alien? I mean…” Liz scoffed as Max chuckled.

“I prefer the term not of this Earth… sorry right now isn’t a good time to joke.” Max said as Liz began to breathe a little more shallow. This was a sensory overload for her that she couldn’t even begin to explain. Hera listened to them speak from her hiding place. She was untraceable just as Uncle Michael had taught her. Her mother seemed freak out and she had every right to be it was a huge shock to anyone’s system finding out that there was life on other planets. Her parents were interesting as teenagers and she couldn’t help but think how smart and logical her mother was even as a 16 year old. Hera loved the exchange between her parents it was fascinating. She heard her father say how her mother couldn’t tell anyone about their secret. Aunt Maria would find out soon enough and hopefully she could reveal a little to Liz herself about who she really was… test the waters a little.

Hera got out of her hiding spot and left the band room quickly. This time the Sheriff didn’t have Liz’s book bag… No one did. There was no evidence that Liz had been shot and no evidence that didn’t point the gun going off… Hera had taken care of that but the healing had taken place regardless. She walked along the empty corridors of West Roswell High deep in thought when she felt someone yank her into an empty classroom.

“You’re lucky I’m here to save your bony ass.” A curly headed brunette with ice blue eyes said with a sarcastic tone that reminded her of Cahira. Hera remembered seeing her in her vision.

“Rena?” Hera asked hesitantly as she smiled softly at her.

“Not just me doe eyes.” Rena said as she gestured her head to the left where a tall statuesque blonde stood in a Las Cruces University shirt.

“Hey, little sister.” Jacinda said as Hera looked at her two cousin’s in utter shock.

“How? Why? When?” Hera asked as Jacinda stepped closer to where Rena stood by Hera.

“You know how, as to the why, well same reason you’re here to merge the timelines.” Jacinda said as Rena stepped in with a huff.

“Yeah, I got stuck with psycho midget as my Mom. Thank god daddy saved me.” Rena said as Hera looked at her blinking in confusion.

“Wait, who… are your parents?” Hera asked thoroughly confused as Jacinda took a breath that came out rather shaky.

“Kyle is my dad and psycho midget Tess is my mom. It’s supposed to be Ava. Cahira and I were supposed to be a year apart according to your timeline and what you saw. In our timeline you didn’t see Cahira but in yours you did except without Alexis. Aunt Liz saw both timelines before she was killed by… her.” Rena ground out. Hera noticed that her personality was that of Uncle Kyle when he got really angry.

“We came here to help you.” Jacinda said as Hera nodded in understanding.

“What about Aunt Ava? Who’s helping her?” Hera asked as Rena smiled proudly.

“That’s another reason why we are here. I’m your best friend visiting her big sister in New Mexico… We need Aunt Liz though. I know in the original timeline it took two years for her powers to manifest but we can’t wait that long. Psycho midget and her protector are closer than you realize. We have to get to New York right after this Crash festival.” Rena explained. Hera was reeling from this information but she knew her mission and no matter what it would be completed.

“I know where Tess… Oh get over it Rena… and Nasedo are. I’ve been tracking them since I came back in time 6 months ago. They’re in Las Cruces, that’s why I’m posing as a student there.” Jacinda said as she threw her blonde hair over her shoulder in the same manner as Aunt Isabel.

“You’ve been here 6 months? Why didn’t you contact me until now?” Hera asked in an authoritative manner. Jacinda’s eyes widened for a second in surprise.

“My mission was to not make contact with you until Rena arrived. And she only arrived yesterday in place of Alexis who by the way is out in the field and scouting Cal Langely. She’s a part of your guard on Antar. She’s trained you know that.” Jacinda said reasonably. Rena was standing there unsure of what to say. Hera was to be rule Antar one day along with Jason… ‘Jason’… Rena thought with a smile on her face. “Get out of your head Rena we have a job to do.” Jacinda said as Rena mumbled something about ‘the boys.’

“I’ll work on my grandparent’s, just stay with Jacinda until I figure what the story is. I'll meet you guys the day after the Crash Festival, hopefully with my mom and maybe Aunt Maria. We have to save Aunt Ava from those crazy clones that piece of shit Nasedo left her with. With this... we will most certainly be screwing big time with the timeline, but it’s the only way now. Kill them and then we go after Nasedo and Tess… We have to kill them too.” Hera said seriously as the two girls nodded their heads once in understanding. “We meet back here after the festival.”