All's Fair... (Spoils Series, UC, Mi/L, Adult) [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: All's Fair in Love and War (Spoils Series, UC, Mi/L, Adult)

Post by Ashita »

Breathless

“Hey,” she murmured breathlessly as he came up, meeting sparkling bourbon eyes shyly as he sat down on her makeshift picnic cloth, his thigh rubbing against hers softly. Blushing, she looked over at the children running around the ballroom, enjoying the indoor picnic Michael had thrown for them as a respite from the relentless rain.

“Hey,” he returned huskily, flicking a warm, caressing gaze over her flushed face, his breath still caught in his throat from the expression on her face when he caught her watching him with the children. Maybe there was something more to her feelings than just simple attraction

“This was a good idea,” she replied in a low voice, clearing her throat and nodding to the twenty or so kids congregated in the ballroom, playing tag or other various games and activities after their meal. Turning back to her companion, her breath hitched when their arms brushed and he dipped his head to hear her better, his breath fanning over her face as their eyes met.

“Thanks,” he smiled, warm honey eyes drifting over her upturned face intently and he reached over to tuck a stray wisp of hair behind her ear before touching her cheek softly, his half-smile widening as her cheeks flushed. Stroking her cheek with his thumb, his gaze dropped to her lips and he repressed a groan as her tongue flit out to moisten them nervously. Dropping his hand, he ripped his eyes away from the wet, pink flesh and met confused chocolate eyes, clearing his constricted throat “They seemed to enjoy it. It has to be hard…”

“They…they needed this,” she stammered, ripping her gaze from his to fix on the children, her heart and stomach fluttering nervously at his proximity and her head whirled as she wondered when her feelings had changed for the man beside her. It had happened so gradually, not one moment stood out as the ‘ah ha’ factor. It’d been happening for years, maybe as long as she’d known him given the way she always protected him in the beginning. “You made their day.”

“Well I can’t take all the credit,” he said as he lowered his head to talk confidentially, drawing her attention to him. His breath quickened when their eyes met once more and he saw his desire and attraction reflected back at him before hers darted away. Leaning in as if drawn by some magnetic force, he licked his lips and flicked a warm, contemplative gaze over her profile, wondering if her lips were as soft and sweet as they appeared. “I had your help.”

“I think you would have done just fine on your own,” she chided gently, resting a hand on his knee and squeezing, her breath snagging as she tipped her face up to him to find his lips hovering inches above hers. Swallowing thickly, she lowered her eyes to his lips, fascinated with their lush gleam and fought the urge to reach up and trace the full, tempting lines. Tearing her eyes away, she startled at the desire smoldering in molten caramel orbs, stammering. “You’re going to make an amazing father some day,”

“Yeah?” he whispered as a slow sweet smile stole across his face, the crests of his cheeks flushing with pleasure as he realized how much he wanted her to believe in him; how much he wanted the opportunity to be a father and more, to father her children. He’d stood, holding that little girl when a vision stole across his mind of another with his unruly tawny hair and her deep brown eyes, looking so much like her mama; it stole his breath away. And he wanted that more than he could say.

“Yeah,” she murmured, her cheeks flushing softly under his intense scrutiny and she licked her lips, looking away hastily before he could read the startling, rampant emotions in her eyes. What if she read things wrong and this completely destroyed their friendship? She didn't think she could live with his distancing himself, if that were the case.

“Ditto” he responded, noting the flush of color in her cheeks and part of him couldn’t help but wonder what had brought the self-conscious stain to her face. The other part, remembering how she reacted earlier and the dazed wonder suffusing her face, hoped that it was him. Licking his lips he tested that theory, dipping his head to whisper against her ear, her soft scent filling his senses. “Except change father to mother.”

“Y-yeah?” she stammered, turning her face to him, her breath hitching as she noticed how close his head was to hers, his lips hovering just inches from her own, their breaths mingling and her heart began to pound as her gaze rose to his, swallowing thickly when she read the heat simmering in intense, whiskey irises.

“Yeah,” he murmured, his breath snagging when her eyes lit with an echoing fire, and he dipped his head, raising one hand to cup her cheek gently and sunk his mouth against hers in a searching kiss, flicking his tongue over pink, vanilla-tinged skin experimentally. Moaning when her lips parted invitingly, he slid his tongue into her mouth, stroking hers languidly, tangling them together in a slow, erotic dance that took his breath away. She was sweeter than he’d remembered.

Pulling away, they stared at each other, forgetting their surroundings for a moment, hearts pounding wildly and he pulled her against him firmly, searching her face for any protest. Finding none, he buried his hand into her hair, sinking back against her mouth for another kiss, sucker punched when she took the initiative and deepened it this time, swirling her tongue against his as she played with the hair at his nape. God, he was in Heaven.

Pulling back only when air became necessary, he startled as tinkling laughter caught his ear and he flushed, realizing he’d gotten so caught up in her that he’d forgotten their young audience. Smiling as her cheeks flushed and she buried her face into his chest in embarrassment, he looked up to find the little raven-haired girl giggling in front of them, while one of the boys gagged and twisted his face in disgust.

“Ewwww, you kissed her,” he gagged, his face twisting up further when the girl turned to him and pressed her lips together making kissing noises. Warding her off with his arms, he cried as he turned and ran away from his pint-sized tormentor. “Now you’re going to have to take a bath to wash the cooties off.”

“Hmmm, I think I’ll skip that,” he murmured, looking down at the woman snuggled against his chest with a smile, his eyes twinkling when she peeked up at him shyly, still blushing prettily. Pressing his nose to hers, he met her eyes soberly before brushing his lips over hers once more, declaring breathlessly. “I don’t mind her cooties.”
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

AN: Obstojne unosce = Obstinate ass; me elusiu lumia = My elusive fire/flame; Lumia =fire/flame.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deny

Crossing her arms over her chest, Liz stared out at the moonlit night, a light fragrant breeze sending molasses waves dancing and she sighed, her heart aching. Tipping her face to the star-laced heavens, her shoulders slumped with exhaustion and she leaned against the low wall of her balcony, praying that tonight she’d get some sleep despite the heavy thoughts weighing on it.

She hadn’t gotten a decent night’s sleep since the Council’s decree and Michael’s careless words. What had she been thinking, to actually imagine that he had wanted her? Oh she knew he was attracted to her, that couldn’t be denied, but she had hoped that his desire to bond had been more than just a ploy to protect her and keep the Granilith secure.

Cradling her head in her hands, she drew a shaky breath and forced back the hot prickle of tears, swallowing thickly as the unrelenting sense of betrayal choked her throat. Trembling, she couldn’t quite quell a tiny sob and the pain slicing through her heart as she felt him approach her suite. Damn the man, why wouldn’t he leave her in peace?

Wrapping her arms around herself defensively, she dug her nails into her palms and clenched her eyes shut, concentrating fiercely on keeping the thrum of his frustration and hunger from washing over her body. A useless endeavor as she was far too tired to block their connection as she had been doing for the past three weeks. It took an overwhelming amount of energy to shut him out.

Flinching when she heard an impatient pounding on her door, she was thankful that she had thought to reinforce the opening with her powers, a seal she knew he was hesitant to break despite the desperation she felt radiating off of him.

“You can hide, Liz, but you can’t escape me,” he called, frustration lacing his voice and setting her nerves further on edge, a shiver running down her spine as she felt a wave of the same emotion flowing through his body. Clenching her fists tighter, she pushed against the unchecked rush of anguish ripping through her heart, unsure if whether it came from her or him.

“I’m not hiding,” she grit out, her forehead beading with sweat as she fruitlessly fought the tide of his and her feelings. Gasping when his frustration spiked and obliterated her weakened shields, she walked into her suite searching for a distraction.

“I beg to differ, me elusiu lumia,” he continued in a quieter, but no less commanding tone, sensing her proximity. Flinging a distressed glance at her door, his endearment cut through her heart as she sat on her bed heavily, breathing harshly as tenderness and fatigue whispered through their connection. “You’ve been avoiding me since council. It won’t work, Liz. We will have this conversation.”

“Never,” she choked angrily, hurling her words towards the door and getting back up with renewed resolve, pacing back and forth agitatedly and ran her hands through her hair roughly. She had to get out of here. She wouldn’t let them force this on her.

“We will,” he refuted firmly, the door creaking as he braced his weight on it. Snapping her head to her door, fear danced over her nerves and she held her breath as she waited to see if he’d breach her sanctuary. He had never done it before, but then again, she’d never felt him so desperate and determined. “And if I have to chase you all over the palace, so be it.”

“I’m not interested in anything you have to say,” she spat, breath rushing out when he respected her barriers and stayed on the other side of the door. She inhaled sharply when she felt a flicker of pain and disbelief from him and knew she had hurt him with her thoughts.

“Liar,” he accused tightly, his voice shaking slightly as his own anguish, determination and worry broke through his shields, for once losing the steel grip he held on his emotions. But his loss of control wasn’t what worried her most as she walked towards her door and leaned her head against it, drawn to him despite wanting to fight his pull with everything she had.

What scared her most, was he was right. She desperately wanted to know that she had been wrong about his intentions but fear kept her away.

“Leave me alone, Michael,” she whispered brokenly, pressing her palms to the wood and drawing an unsteady breath as his energy washed over her as it did every time she was this close to him. Closing her eyes, she stopped fighting his pull and sagged helplessly against the door, reveling in his strength for the last time.

“Never,” he rasped hoarsely, throwing her words back at her. She could almost see him there on the other side of the door in a similar stance, could sense it through this weird bond they’d inherited once she tapped into the power of the Granilith. She had to do it. It was best for everyone involved

“Why must you be so stubborn?” she cried, fisting her hands and striking at the door with frustration, her heart shattering as it became obvious the obstinate man wasn’t going to give up. She wasn’t going to be another of his sacrifices. “Obstojne unosce.”

“Fight it all you want, Lumia,” he retorted darkly, chuckling mirthlessly at the accuracy of her muttered words and he pushed away from the door, his hands scraping against the wood as he vowed before walking away. “But you will be mine.”
Last edited by Ashita on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

AN: This is a future flash that was requested by Whimsy. When Liz starts yelling at him in Antarian she basically calls him a stubborn, irritating, pain in the ass neanderthal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plea

“No, not going to happen, Michael” she replied contentiously, her brow furrowed with irritation as she stared at the man in front of her and huffed as he continued his packing as if she hadn’t spoken at all. Blood simmering, she tapped her foot impatiently and situated herself in his path as he headed back to their armoire for a couple of his ceremonial robes. Crossing her arms over her chest, she glared at him, waiting for him to acknowledge her; there was no way he was going to ignore this.

“Liz be reasonable,” he sighed, scrubbing a hand over his face as he studied the irate brunette in front of him and bit back an oath. He’d known she was going to be unhappy with his decision, but he didn’t see any other way. Tensions were going to be high enough at the summit without him worrying about her safety.

“Reasonable? You’re telling me to be reasonable?” she scoffed, resuming her agitated pacing, missing the heartfelt groan and roll of her mate’s eyes as he strode to grab his robes and headed back to his bag, muttering under his breath. “You’re the one that wants to tuck me away like some damn caveman!”

“It’s for your own good,” he groused thoughtlessly as he added the robes to his pile of clothing, wincing as she stopped her trek, spinning around to glare at him incredulously and he wished he could rewind and take the words back. Steeling his back, he crossed his arms over his chest and waited for the inevitable tirade that his ill-chosen words would bring.

“My own good? Of all the insufferable…leithchiann, bodeaoh, sakiat une keiledai, neandèrtalyen’a!” she cried, storming over and standing toe-to-toe with her mate, tipping her head back defiantly and stabbed him the chest, grinning evilly when he grunted and placed her hands on her hips. “Did you learn nothing?”

“Yes,” he replied firmly, rubbing at his stinging chest and towered over her, fiery bourbon eyes meeting crackling ebony unflinchingly; he was not about to budge from his stance on this one. “And call me all the names you want, Lumia, but you are not going.”

“Oh yeah?” she lofted defiantly, cocking her brow in challenge as she swung around, storming away from him as she headed across their suite, tossing her contentious words over her shoulder as she headed towards the door. “Watch me.”

“Of all the stubborn, obstinate, pain in the ass women I had to fall in love with…” he griped, storming after her, his longer strides eating up the distance between them swiftly and grabbed her around the waist before she managed to get two steps down the hall. Slinging her over his shoulder, he strode back into their room and kicked the door forcefully shut behind him, much to a passing servant’s amusement. Great, this would be all over the palace in the matter of minutes.

“Oh yeah, ‘cause you’re a real picnic, Guerin,” she groused, beating him on the back as he sealed the door closed and growled in frustration when he stormed into the room, dumping her unceremoniously onto their bed. Eyes narrowing into slits, she scrambled up into a sitting position, about to berate him for his strong-arm tactics when he crawled onto the bed and caged her in, pinning her into the mattress as he pressed his nose to hers.

“I am not taking you in your condition,” he stated heatedly, grunting with frustration when her eyes flashed with indignation, probably thinking that he was being overbearing in this matter, but so be it if it meant that she was safe. Pressing his lips to her temple, a small trickle of fear snaked over his spine as he recalled the last threats made on her.

“I can take care of myself!” she refuted hotly, pushing at his chest to get him off her, her face setting into a petulant moue when he refused to budge and only crowded her further, running his lips over her softly. Trying to soften her up was he? Tough. Irritating, overprotective, overbearing man, why the hell did she put up with him again? Pushing against him again, she growled when he laughed and ignored her, and she bit out as she smacked him on the back. “I do not need you hovering over me…”

Snickering, Michael swooped in, cutting off her words with the firm press of his mouth, laving his tongue over her bottom lip, his breath hitching and heat flaring in his gut when her mouth opened under his. Curling his tongue around hers, he cupped her jaw lightly, running his fingers over her skin gently and moaned as their mouths mated feverishly, the burn of frustration melting into a deeper, warmer passion.

Liz melted against him, wrapping her arms and legs around him as he sank into cradle of her body, her heart hammering against his and lost herself in his arms, as she always did. Tangling her fingers in thick, silky waves, she hummed in pleasure as his hands ran over her body and rocked against him softly, enjoying the low, husky groan that bubbled over his lips, a shudder rippling over his frame.

Pulling back when air became necessary, Michael pressed his brow to hers, letting his worries and fears flow over his face and through their open bond as he stroked her hair softly, her ire softening under the onslaught of his tumultuous emotions.

“Please, I can’t lose you or…” he whispered, his voice straining with emotion as he trailed kisses over her brow to the tip of her nose to bury against her neck as he crushed her against him as tight as he dared, his voice breaking slightly with his next words. “I can’t lose you. Please, for once, just do what I want.”
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

Vigil

He stared out at the desert bleakly, whiskey irises dancing over the cold night unseeingly, pain and guilt searing his gut, body taut and ready to break at the slightest touch. Heart hammering, he absently rubbed his left arm, a newly forged mark burnt in his skin tingling with a dull ache, the mark of a king.

Proof that his brother really was dead.

Sucking in a deep breath, he clenched his hands, knuckles and tendons popping with strain as helpless anger and anguish ripped through his body, his lungs constricting painfully as he drew a ragged breath and closed his eyes, the backs burning with tears he’d yet to release. Stomach roiling sickly, his breath shuddered in and out of his lungs shallowly as he sank to his knees onto the ochre dirt beneath him, an empty pang resounding through his entire being.

Max was dead. He was king.

Head reeling at the thought, he searched the dark quietly, fiery bourbon eyes alighting on the glowing temple, awash in pale golden light and his stomach clenched knowing he’d soon hold vigil to see his brother off to whatever afterlife awaited him and to usher in the dawn that would see him on a throne he never wanted. Dropping his head into his hands, guilt and grief rippled through his system, burning like acid as he thought of that afternoon.

He knew he should have stopped them, knew that they’d eventually separate themselves from their guard – how many times had they done that on Antar? But this wasn’t Antar; it was a besieged planet far from their careless youth and they should have known better. He should have known better, should have gone with them. Should have taken the blow.

Stiffening as he felt soft hands run through his hair, his throat choked up as gentle lips buried against the crown of his head, a hint of rain, vanilla and jasmine flowing over his senses as her arms wrapped around him. Pressing into the offered warmth, his eyes danced over the desert nightscape, latching flatly onto the still smoldering remains of Tess’s pyrotechnic show this time, the occasional acrid whiff of charred vegetation carried on the wind.

King. His brother was dead and he was king.

His heart hammered, stomach fluttering sickly as panic welled, sending its icy fingers trickling through his blood and over his spine. Swaying dizzily, he inhaled sharply as slight arms squeezed him tightly, her voice washing over him with nonsensical words of comfort that he didn’t deserve. He had failed to keep his king safe, just as he had failed to protect Maria from capture and nearly failed the woman behind him. It was a miracle she had survived the ambush six months ago.

“It isn’t your fault,” she whispered, running her hands through his hair soothingly as he unconsciously leaned into her, her breath catching at the nearly palpable guilt and self-loathing radiating off his rigid form. Closing her eyes, she pressed her face into this hair, wracking her brain for a way to comfort and reassure him and bit back a sigh when he tensed further at her words.

“Feels like it,” he rasped, his voice tight as he pulled away slightly, scrubbing a hand over his face wearily before staring off into the distance blankly, his face set in stone and belying the churning emotions simmering in his gut. Compressing his lips, his anger mounted as he climbed to his feet and walked a few paces away from her, denying himself that moment of comfort as his back and arms rippled with tension. Failures didn’t deserve mercy.

Swallowing harshly, he drew a deep, unsteady breath, his resolve steeling as he continued his cold, silent vigil and fists clenching at his sides, vowed that Khivar and his followers would pay for Max’s death even if he had to hunt each and every one down himself.

“There is a reason for everything,” she replied softly, walking over to him quietly, resting a hand on the small of his back as she choked on her own grief, her heart aching for the man standing in front of her, so closed off and alone. Licking her lips, her eyes filmed and flicked over him contemplatively as she stroked his back hesitantly, her chest tight with loss and desolation. “Even if we can’t see it at the time.”

“God speak, Liz?” he scoffed bitterly, looking over his shoulder disdainfully, the lines of his face harsh and unforgiving as he lightly mocked her words. Breathing shallowly to keep his fermenting devastation at bay, he turned his face away from the petite brunette, shivering when a cold wind wrapped around them, matching the ice surrounding his heart. “Forgive me, but I don’t think I can believe in a deity that allows the destruction, devastation and death I see every day.”

Swallowing thickly, Liz nodded, ignoring the stabbing pain that had flashed through her heart at his carelessly mocking tone, knowing that Michael tended to strike out thoughtlessly when cornered or hurting. Swaying slightly as a fresh wave of pain crashed over her senses, breaching the numbness she’d held onto while she tried to keep everyone together after the news of Max’s death had made it back to the encampment.

Chewing on her lip, her she averted her eyes hastily, blinking back the tears that momentarily blinded her before pressing her lips together and nodding to herself once more, brushing a strand of hair back impatiently. Focusing back on her rigid friend, she opened her mouth to offer some consolation, but quickly closed it when she could find nothing to say and instead squeezed his arm gently, clearing her throat before murmuring hoarsely. “I leave you alone then.”

Michael closed his eyes, clenching them against the hot prickling behind his lids, his body coiling, muscles trembling and straining with the effort to fight the desolation reverberating through the whole of him. Balling his fists, his nails bit into his palms, leaving purple crescents and he quietly gasped, his walls crumbling as the enormity of the situation rocked him once again.

Shaking, panic shot through his veins, chilling his blood and nearly paralyzed him as he heard Liz shuffle behind him, preparing to leave, chased away by his inability to express himself. Being left alone to face his inner demons was the last thing he wanted.

“Wait…” he rasped, his hand shooting out and wrapping around her wrist gently, staying her withdrawal, watching her quietly as she tipped her face to meet his gaze haltingly, waiting for him to continue. Staring over her head, he licked his lips as his eyes darted over the terrain nervously before meeting hers once more, uncertain whiskey dancing over her face as he hesitantly requested. “Stay…until they come for me?”

“Of course,” she replied without hesitation, turning to standing directly in front of him, tipping her face to watch him stoically, her breath hitching slightly as he rested his hands on her shoulders lightly, slowly guiding her closer to him. Wrapping her arms around his waist hesitantly, she startled slightly when something inside him finally broke and he crushed her to his chest, his face burrowing into her hair and she tightened her hold on him, squeezing as she whispered. “Always.”
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

Memories

She slouched onto a cold, stone bench, drawing her feet to her chest, shivering as the desert night pressed around her, chilling the wet tracks lining her cheeks and tipped her head to the star-laced sky, drawing a shuddering breath, hoping to break the bands constricting her lungs. Closing her eyes, her face pinched as anguish sliced through her heart, hot tears leaking from beneath tightly clenched lids, dripping over her chin and settling onto her drawn up knees.

Expelling a shuddering, watery sigh, she pressed her cheek to her knees, her throat convulsing spasmodically as she swallowed harshly and choked down the sob rising in her throat, trying to break loose the lump lodged in her throat. Breathing shallowly, she stared at the grounds hollowly, a burning void where the connection to her brother once resided, leaving an aching numbness that thrummed through her being.

Slumping against the cold wall behind her, she ran a hand through tangled, golden blond strands as she rocked back and forth almost imperceptibly and cinched her legs closer to her, her body vibrating with tension and pain.

Max was dead. How could this have happened? Why hadn’t she felt his call for help?

They had always been close; even when they were fighting and didn’t see eye to eye, their bond remained true and strong. She could always sense him, especially when something was wrong, yet this time, it had remained suspiciously silent. Guilt and fear bubbled in her stomach, filling her with a cold dread that their enemies may have found a way to disrupt their connections and what that might mean for them later on.

Jolting when a warm hand stroked her hair gently, her head whipped up, heart pounding and her heart leapt into her throat that someone had managed to sneak up on her. Sighing with relief as concerned, familiar blue eyes slid over her face quietly, she relaxed but chastised herself nonetheless for being so wrapped up that she hadn’t sensed Kyle’s presence. This afternoon had taught them all too well that they weren’t safe anywhere.

“Hey, Princess,” he murmured softly, sitting on the bench beside her, his typically amused smile replaced by a somber frown, his jocular personality, strained and subdued in the wake of this afternoon’s tragedy. For all his mocking of Max, he had a great deal of respect for the alien king and losing another of their tight little group had knocked the feet out from under him.

Running his fingers through silky, golden tresses, he bit back a sigh as he saw her fighting to erect her walls and push past the pain etched so deeply in dull, chocolate eyes. Studying her quietly, his heart hurt for her, watching her fall back into the role she felt she had to play even now. He had hopped that after all this time, she would have known that she needn’t hide from him; that he knew her better than most, better than she did herself at times.

“What are you doing here?” she whispered, her back steeling slightly as she pulled into herself, thrusting past the grief and fear rolling over her in overwhelming waves and forced everything into the dark well she stored all her emotions to deal with later. Dragging a pained, hiccoughing breath, she cleared her throat, rasping quietly. “I thought you were supposed to be at the vigil?”

“Yeah, but it hasn’t started yet and I thought I’d come to see how my favorite girl was holding up,” he husked, staring down into her impassive face with raised brows and a disbelieving look that told her that he hadn’t been fooled in the least. Swinging one of his legs over the bench, he straddled it and grasping her arm, gently tugged. “Come here.”

He held her gaze unflinchingly, tugging lightly until she finally relented, unfurling her tightly compacted body slightly to slide between his legs and leaned back against his chest, the ice breaking inside as he wrapped his arms around her, dropping his chin to the top of her head. Tears slipped over her cheeks, shoulders shaking slightly as quiet sobs wracked her body and she burrowed her face into his neck, seeking warmth and comfort as he whispered against her ear.

“Tell me something about Max,” he requested softly, stroking her back as she shifted in his arms slightly to press her cheek against his chest, her fingers clutching at his jacket, curling into the thick cloth. Closing his eyes, he tightened his arms around her and struggled to breath around the bittersweet lump lodged in his throat.

“Like what?” she asked dully, swiping a hand over her face, brushing away the wet streaks on her face and drew a shaky breath as she turned, sinking back into his chest as she stared out over the desert terrain.

“What ever you like,” he shrugged, the actual story only a ploy to get her talking about her brother opposed to bottling up her emotions as she was wont to do, as well as maybe learn something new about the man he had never really understood in life. “ A story known only by the two of you.”

Toying with his zipper, her brow furrowed as she turned his words over in her head, her face lighting in a small smile that bubbled into a watery chuckle as images of her and Max’s youth filled her head, easing a little of the searing ache that had filled her heart when their connection cut off. Smiling sadly as a bittersweet ache filled her, she began to reminisce, her shaky voice filling the quiet that had descended around her and her companion.

“When we were about seven, or well, a year after our parents found us, they took us on vacation to Corpus Christi, our first visit to the beach. I’ll never forget my first sight of the ocean, the way the setting sun glimmered on the waves and the brilliant colors of the sky and even though it struck me as wrong, how blue the water looked in the distance.”

“We stayed in a house close to the water and I remember Max was still having trouble sleeping, though he tried to hide it from our mother so she wouldn’t worry. So that night, I grabbed Max and we snuck out to that beach, sitting alone on the rocks, as we seemed to communicate without words since we were still learning how to speak. I still don’t know how we were able to do that, as once we learned to speak, we were never able to do it again. Or maybe we never really tried after that.”

“Anyway, it was that night that we discovered our ability to manipulate things when Max touched a rock and accidentally turned it gold. He kinda stopped and stared at me wide-eyed, slightly panicked that he’d done something wrong. And then, furrowing his brow, he touched another and turned it blue, a wide, wondrous grin splitting across his face.”

Her voice hitched slightly, tears clogging her throat and her eyes misted, a dull ache reverberating through her heart as images of her brother’s amazement danced past her vision and she paused for a moment to catch her breath before continuing.

“He scrambled to his feet and jumped from rock to rock, turning each a different color until they sparkled brilliantly under the moonlight and then stood there proudly, admiring his handy work. It only lasted for a moment before her frowned and waved his hand over the scene to change them back, some how knowing he couldn’t leave them that way. But I’ll never forget the look on his face. It was one of the few times I saw him act like a kid; he always seemed to be an old soul trapped in a young body.”

Laughing shakily, she nodded as a fresh wave of pain constricted her throat, cutting off her words and tears flooded her eyes, her face crumpling as reality slipped through her shields, an aching loss enveloping her entire being. Shaking her head softly in denial, she tipped anguished eyes to the heavens, a distressed sob bubbling over her lips and wondered aloud, “What am I going to do without him?”

“I don’t know, Princess,” he whispered softly, his voice choked and strained with his own sorrow, crushing her against him and pressed his lips against her temple before resting his cheek to hers and rocked her gently as he vowed. “But we’re all here for you, I’m here for you whenever you need me.”
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

Lost

“Hey,” she whispered hoarsely, as she entered Tess’s room with a cup of tea, her voice cracked and strained from her earlier bout with tears. Her friend stared out the window blankly, her breath stuttering and cheeks red and blotchy from her own sorrow, her arms clenching her stomach, body strung tight as a bow.

Brow furrowing, Liz's eyes glassed as she watched the pretty blonde’s shoulders cave and she pressed her forehead to the cold glass, tears leaking around clenched eyes, her face pinched with pain. Taking a deep breath she crossed the threshold and set the teacup on the bedside table and came up behind the other woman, placing a hand on her shoulder, uncertain if a larger gesture would be welcomed at this time.

“Is there anything I can get you?” she asked quietly, stroking her hand over the tangled, unkempt waves hanging over the petite blonde's shoulders. She wasn’t going to bother asking how she was feeling because that would have been a stupid, pointless question given the circumstances.

“No, I’m fine,” Tess whispered, swallowing harshly as she tried to clear the lump that had been lodged in her throat since she’d gotten the news of Max’s death. Face crumpling, she gnashed her lip against the rising panic and distress echoing through her soul, a tiny mewl of anguish bubbling over her lips. Taking a shuddering breath, she tipped her head to look at the stars, a sight that once brought a sense of home and comfort, but now was nothing more than a bitter reminder of all she’d lost.

“I c-can’t believe he’s g-gone,” she choked past the pressure constricting her lungs, her breath coming out in shallow, agitated pants, her body swaying dizzily under the avalanche of agony threatening to consume her. Pressing her fingers to pale, compressed lips, tears spilled over once more as grief ripped through her body, slicing her heart clean through. Shaking her head in disbelief, she wanted to pretend it had all been a misunderstanding, but the seal on Michael’s chest said otherwise. “How am I supposed to live without him?”

“I don’t know,” Liz replied quietly, wrapping her arms around the tiny woman’s shoulders, pressing her cheek to the back of her head as she tried to impart some measure of comfort to her friend, her own grief breaking free and flowing over her cheeks unchecked. Staring off into the distance, she wished there was some words of wisdom or consolation to offer, but the two of them had moved beyond empty platitudes years previous and she didn’t see the point in saying everything would be okay when it wasn’t.

“How did you?” the blonde asked, her voice once more controlled and devoid of emotion, her eyes blinking rapidly, a dull ache suffusing her body as she stuffed her feelings into that little box she’d created while living under Nasedo’s reign of tyranny. Too often, he had punished her for what he saw as useless emotions and reminded her that as queen, she was not afforded the luxury of such softness. “When he came back from the future and forced you to end things with him, how did you make it?”

“It was different,” Liz offered, pulling back as she felt the other girl’s body stiffen and sensed her friend had pulled into herself to keep the anguish at bay. Her heart ached that Tess's position often forced her to swallow her own feelings, wants and desires for the greater good, as well as hurt Liz to a degree because she had hoped Tess would be comfortable sharing her feelings with her. But Tess still had difficulty opening up.

“I knew that he was going to you and you’d love him enough for both of us,” she continued in a heartfelt tone, watching as the blond turned away from the window, her eyes darting around the room for a moment before settling on the brunette. Meeting glassy cerulean eyes, she shivered at the emptiness leaking dully from their depths and shrugged her shoulders slightly, touching the other woman’s arm gently. “And I still had him in my life, even if it was only as a friend.”

“But you loved him,” Tess countered, lips blanching as the fought to hold back the rising tide of bitterness, sorrow and unfathomable loss threatening to overwhelm her. She couldn’t give into that grief yet. Not when there was still so much left to do. Ripping her gaze from the pained, dull brown eyes watching her with so much love and compassion, she faced the window once more and her breath rattled in her lungs, the pressure building until it felt as if her chest were caught in a vise.

“Not like you did,” the brunette admitted, finally able to realize that the love she’d felt for Max had been a pale imitation of the love this woman, his queen, had held for him in two lifetimes. Watching as the other woman slumped against the glass at her words, she walked over and wrapped her arms around her waist once more, squeezing tightly. She startled when she heard a rustle at the door, Isabel’s quiet, pale face appearing as she moved wraithlike into the room to join them. Holding an arm out to her, she sighed as the other woman joined their quiet vigil by the window, wrapping an arm around each of them. “Not like you do.”

“I feel like a part of myself died along with him,” Tess whispered, eyes closing as she wrapped a hand around each woman’s arm, her resolve to stay strong breaking against their united effort to console her. A flash of pain and anger ripped through her heart, hating the position that demanded she rise above personal grief. “And yet, tomorrow I will have to push it aside to be the stoic queen as I hand over his office to Michael. It’s not fair. When do I get to be the woman who loved him and mourn my husband, not just my king?”

“We are here now and no one is around to say differently what we do,” Liz replied softly, squeezing both women gently, tears slipping over her cheeks as she stared into the night, heart thudding dully at the mix of sobs and anguished hiccups that bubbled over her friends' lips. Swallowing thickly, her eyes lit on the chapel where she knew Michael was to supposed hold an all night vigil as per custom, barely getting the chance to mourn his brother before the crown he’d never wanted was thrust upon him.

When would this madness end?
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: All's Fair... (Spoils Series, UC, Mi/L, Adult) 10/9

Post by Ashita »

Undercurrents

“You’re awake,” Michael accused softly, leaning against the her doorjamb, flicking stormy whiskey eyes over the pretty brunette as she moved around her suite quietly, her red silky robe swaying against soft curves he had no business noticing, and looking as if she was about to head to the bathing chambers. Grunting under his breath as a far too enticing image of her swathed in nothing but bubbles filled his head, he shoved off the frame and stepped into her suite, walking towards her with a menacing, predatory gate.

“Yes,” Liz replied, flicking him a seemingly unaffected look as she gathered her things, her heart hammering in response to the heat simmering in that intense, smoldering gaze and swallowed thickly, heading over to her vanity with a flick of her long, sable waves. Sinking onto her cushioned chair, she piled her hair on the top of her head, reaching for a hair stick to anchor the mass, her breath hitching when a shirtless Michael rested his hands on the thin wire backing and met her eyes in the mirror.

Licking her lips nervously, she let her eyes slide over the firm, muscled expanse reflected in the mirror, a trickle of heat flowing through her veins as they coiled beneath smooth, golden skin. Tearing her eyes away from the all too appealing image, she drew a deep breath and reached for another hair stick, missing the flare of awareness in his eyes and the ghost of a smirk flickered on his lips at her response. She shouldn’t be noticing that about her friend and king.

“I told them to come get me as soon as you woke up,” he grated, his breath hitched from the fire flickering in those fathomless, chocolate eyes before they skittered away and he leaned against the chair, grasping her ascending wrist lightly as his stomach pressed against red silk, heated by the gold-touched skin it covered. Smirking when her eyes flew to his and ebony sparked with bronze flames as he stroked the soft, thin flesh at her pulse point, he cocked a brow in challenge, holding firm when she tried to tug her wrist loose.

“And I told them that I wanted to shower and eat before you stormed in here and chastised me as if I were a child,” she replied evenly, narrowing her gaze slightly when he refused to loose her, her body tightening with desire as his thumb continued to tease the inside of her wrist. Their eyes held for several drawn out moments before he finally released her, feathering his fingers along the curve of her neck, eliciting a soft groan past her lips as she swiftly secured her hair.

Sliding out of her chair, she dodged him, not entirely trusting her actions at the moment, and headed deeper into the room, groaning when he spun slowly, hot caramel eyes tracking her movements through the room like a hawk tracking prey, making her blood jump and things in her lower body clench painfully. Grabbing a towel from one of her cabinets, she headed towards the bed where she’d piled her toiletries in a cloth bag, her breath stuttering when she heard the impatient rustle of knit pants

“You shouldn’t have done it. It was too risky and you could have…” he continued, his voice low and dangerous, breath snagging slightly at how close she’d come to draining her energy stores today. Growling under his breath as she gave a negligent shrug, her stalked after her, his body vibrating with frustration, the air growing heavy and thick with tension as he came to a standstill behind her. “We could have found another way.”

“There was no other way,” she refuted, keeping her back to him, her heart thrumming wildly when he pressed closer, the heat of his skin seeping through thin material of her robe, his breath wafting hotly over the back of her neck and the intense gaze she couldn’t see but feel, searing it’s way down her body almost as palpable as a caress. Clearing her throat, she began to hastily pack her bag to distract herself from his intoxicating pull, finishing shakily. “And well you know it.”

“No, I don’t know that,” he retorted stiffly, balling his hands into fists to keep from turning her physically so he could see the heat flaring in darkening irises and not just feel it, smell it wafting from her body, the sweet musk telling him all too well what affect he was having on her body. Biting back a groan, he traced a heated line along the curve of her neck with his gaze, smirking when the flesh pebbled slightly in response and licked his lips as he rasped. “You should have talked to me.”

“There wasn’t time,” she rasped breathlessly, trembling slightly as she caught the scent of hot, irritated, yet aroused male behind her, his desert and spice scent overwhelming her senses and she clenched her eyes in concentration, curling her fingers into her towel before shoving it into her bag. Gathering up the bag she opened her eyes and shrugged, blatantly ignoring his unspoken challenge. “And it was my decision, my choice to make, not yours.”

“I am King here, Liz,” he reminded her quietly, purposely choosing his words to push her buttons and make her turn around and confront him, rather than ignore what was growing between them. Snickering when her back stiffened and she scoffed, he rested his hand on his hips, leaning back slightly as she whirled around to address his goading comment, her eyes spitting bronze fire at him.

“And I am Segartris, what of it?” she bit out, her hands resting on her hips as she stepped into his space, breath hitching and her blood singing through her veins like liquid fire as he met her, crowding her in equal measure, pressing firm skin against the soft swell of her stomach. Undaunted and unwilling to yield, she stepped into his body further tipping her head defiantly as she whispered heatedly, shoving against his chest lightly. “It was my choice to make and none of your business.”

“None of my business?” he queried silkily, his voice low and dangerous as he loomed over her, fiery bourbon eyes clashing with hers as he dipped his head until their mouths were centimeters apart and one brow winged mockingly as he gripped her hips, daring her to push him away, smiling wolfishly when her eyes flared. Taking a step into her, his smirk broadened, taking on a sultry air when her throat convulsed, her hands flying up between them to splay against his chest. “You sure about that, Elizabeth?”

“No…I mean, yes,” she stammered, eyes drooping half-mast as his lips dipped further and she couldn’t help but stare at the soft, full pink flesh, her fingers digging into his chest unconsciously, eliciting a low grunt from the man before her and licked her lips, inadvertently licking his as well. Gasping, she jumped as if burned, squeaking as she lost her balance and toppled onto the bed behind her, swallowing when Michael followed and caged her in with a smirk, careful to keep his body hovering inches above hers as she murmured weakly. “It’s done, deal with it.”

“That’s where you’re wrong, Lumia,” he whispered smugly, his eyes flicking over her hotly, his hands twitching to touch the skin laid beneath him, his body cursing him for what he was about to do. Lifting his hand, he trailed it over her arm softly and pressed his lips to her temple, breathing in the soft scent of vanilla and rain and whispered heatedly. “Everything about you is my business. Deal with it.”
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: All's Fair... (Spoils Series, UC, Mi/L, Adult) 11/17

Post by Ashita »

Thanks for the comments Barbara. It's much appreciated. :)

AN: So I have spent a lot of time on the current events, but now I want to start incorporating some back story as it will accompany a fic I plan to do soon on Rath and Vilondra's back story to give a few more hints to life on Antar. This next set of drabbles is based on a different orb message that was used in the Season One trading cards, where two orb cards put together displayed this message:

My children... You have lived before. On a planet in a galaxy not yet discovered where you live now. My son, you were the beloved leader of our people. My daughter, you were a brave warrior. You both perished in a conflict that enslaved our planet. Your essence was duplicated. Cloned. And combined with human genetic material so that you could be re-created as human beings...

Our enemies have come to Earth. That is why the four of you have been sent. To use your skills, your knowledge, your leadership to combat the enemy and prevent them from taking over another race, another peaceful people. You will know the enemy only by the evil inside them. But be careful, they have learned to mask it well. I ask only one more thing, of you. Learn enough to come back and free us... Help us. I love you.

I will be using this message in place of the original for this story (slightly modified but that will come later). BTW: As you'll soon find out, Rath and Vilondra was a love match in this universe. Only Rath and her mother know of Vilondra's secret life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desert Moon

She stood stock still, fine golden strands gleaming in the pale, blood-red moonlight, a dry arid wind tossing them carelessly, shadows covering her face as darkened irises danced over the ochre terrain, ears pricked for the slightest anomaly in the dark.

Breath held in suspense, her muscles coiled, adrenaline pumping through her veins in a familiar and comforting burn, hovering on the brink of battle as chocolate eyes sharpened, a grim satisfaction and anticipation sending her heart thrumming wildly.

Cocking her head slightly, she met his eyes, whiskey flashing with a feral, predacious gleam as they shared a sly smile.

Based on the prompt: Desert

*~*~*~*~*

Warrior’s Cry

Flexing her hands, blood rushed past her ears, her heart throbbing a searing rhythm and the world narrowed to a pinpoint as the enemy came into sight. Fury ripped through her system, a boiling, burning poison that tore at her gut and hazed her vision with crimson hate, the color of the blood she intended to spill as he showed his face.

Gripping her weapon in her hand, she pulled her hood low, shielding her identity until it was too late for the man that killed her brother, lips twisting cruelly as she charged, retribution’s song beating in her blood.

Based on the prompt: Bloodlust

*~*~*~*~*

A Sister’s Revenge

Circling her intended victim, she flicked cool orbs over the kneeling man, a smirk pasted defiantly on his upturned face and raised her sword, the steel glinting as she laid the tip to his bobbing Adam’s apple.

“Any last words traitor?” she rasped in a low, dangerous voice, her chilled tone matching the frigid air, her face masked as her warrior husband dispassionately watched her actions, lips twitching with amusement. “Nothing? Then meet your judge and executioner.”

Grinning ferally, she ripped the hood from her head, satisfaction trilling when shock lit his eyes as her blade cut through tender flesh.

Based on the prompt: Revenge

*~*~*~*~*

Passion’s Mistress

Back arching, she fit soft, sweat-kissed curves into firm, damp planes as he pressed her against the wall, his lips tracing a hot, impassioned trail over her neck, the triumph of battle fueling the fire raining over their senses as impatient hands roamed and lust-drenched kisses seared over bare flesh.

A husky laugh floated through the room, followed by heartfelt sighs as bodies joined and entwined, his hand sinking into cascading, golden tresses and curled them around his fingers, his lips sinking against soft pink flesh as he claimed her mouth for a possessive, branding kiss, whispering softly. “Love you.”

Based on the prompt: Crave

*~*~*~*~*

Incognito

She slid out of her uniform, much as one would slip off a mask, hanging the trappings of a secret life, one forbidden by the strict laws that governed her, and donned another; one that fooled all but those closest to her. She went from warrior, free-spirited, unhampered by satin and lace, to the pampered princess who whiled away her days listening to maddening simpering. Sighing heavily, she stared out the window, yearning for the wind in her hair and the wild beating of hearts, infinitely blessed the man by her side saw the true woman and not the façade.

Based on the prompt: Blessing
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: All's Fair... (Spoils Series, UC, Mi/L, Adult) 3/11

Post by Ashita »

AN: My sincere apologies at the delay in some of my fics. Finally got the computer back today and I'll be working double time to get things out. Here's something to tide you over. Thanks for to everyone who previously left comments. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeat

She stumbled through the cool night silently, a brisk wind setting molasses tresses dancing and chilling her to the bone as stoic, war-weary eyes darted over the rough, New Mexican desert, her heart pounding and body aching as she desperately sought shelter; a place where she could attend to her wounds in the hope that her party would be back for her once they realized she hadn’t turned up. Head spinning dizzily, she knew she should try to make her way to one of their pre-determined safe houses, but she was far too weak from battle and blood loss, the warm, sticky liquid still oozing sluggishly from her side.

Stumbling in a pothole, she gasped when pain lanced through her body, radiating from shattered ribs and torn flesh out over her nerves like flames licking her skin, forcing her to her hands and knees as her vision blurred and grayed for a moment, her muscles coiling as she tried to draw short, shallow breaths into aching lungs. Coughing harshly, she turned her head and spat, the faint taste of copper on her tongue as blood trickled from the corner of her mouth before she leaned her head against the dirt, a hysterical laugh bubbling over her lips as she closed her eyes and tried to get her bearings.

She didn’t know how much time had passed since the end of the ambush, but it felt like hours had passed since she’d heard another human or alien voice, and she only hoped that her party had managed to get away to fight another day. She hadn’t gone through all the trouble of changing the future just to have Michael killed because she had decided she needed to visit another camp and Max wouldn’t let her travel on her mission alone.

Lifting her head shakily, she shoved herself onto her knees, her body quaking with strain as she looked behind her, surprised at how much distance she managed to put between herself and the flickering ruins of their envoy. Licking her lips, she coughed and spat again as she unsteadily struggled to her feet, her knees weak and jelly-like as she wobbled into a crouch, only to have them buckle, completely giving out on her and sending her hurtling to the ground with a pained grunt, the rocks scraping her cheek as she slumped against them, another wave of pain stealing her breath.

Stomach roiling as her body contracted and spasmed, she inhaled sharply to stem the rising tide nausea and pain, failing miserably when the jerky movement increased the throbbing in her side unbearably and only allowed enough time for a faint cry as she scrambled to her knees and turned her head, bile rushing up into her throat. Clenching her eyes shut, she heaved blood and what little water she managed to choke down on her aimless, delirious trek until her stomach ached and nothing was left.

Collapsing to the ground, she rolled over on her back, oblivious to the grit and sand clinging to her skin, her tongue, her nose, her hair as she stared at the sky blankly, a thousand stars twinkling benignly overhead. How they lied, the fairytales that said that all you had to do was wish upon one of those bright, sparkling orbs and all your dreams would come true. She had fervently wished time and time again, and all the stars ever brought her was war, bloodshed, betrayal and misery.

It was laughable really; the way she thought that one human could make a difference, change the whole outcome of an event that was written long before she was even a thought in her parents’ minds. All she had managed to do was change the timing.

Closing her eyes to the mocking spots of light, she shivered, a numbing cold sweeping through her as the blood slowly trickled over her skin, pooling on the ground. She supposed she should be thankful that she could no longer feel the stabbing pain in her side, but also knew what that meant. She could feel her body growing weaker and it was getting harder to fight against the encroaching dark threatening to pull her under; a pull she desperately fought at first because she knew if she lost consciousness, she’d likely never wake up.

But as time went on and the pain sharpened, she couldn’t really see the point to holding onto a life that had caused her nothing but grief, and it wasn’t like there would be anyone to miss her when she was gone. Alex was dead by Khivar’s hands, Maria enslaved and bonded by the other side, Max and Tess were happily married, and Michael hated her, blaming her for the loss of Maria. Kyle and Isabel would likely feel some remorse, but they had each other to cling to for comfort. Faced with those daunting, morbid observations, really why was she clinging to it on the hopes someone would notice her absence.

Death was always a possibility in war; she knew that and had accepted it long ago, but she always fought against it with a deep, unrelenting burn, clung to her mortality with a fiery passion in the hope that she could rectify the disaster she had set in motion years before when a naïve girl thought she could save the world. But as the war continued, the battles and tactics grew more frequent and vicious, and her friends’ heads bowed a little more in defeat, the light inside dimmed until now she wondered if it might be better if she just took herself out of the equation.

Opening her eyes, she smiled weakly as the full moon came into view, its soft radiance forming a halo and bathing her light and licked her cracked lips, a shuddering sigh spilling over her lips. At least she’d finally see Alex’s wide, goofy smile again, as she was certain he’d be there to greet her; she couldn’t wait to hug her best friend.

Drawing a shuddering breath, she blinked sluggishly, her breath harsh and raspy in her ears as her vision wavered, a white haze growing around the edges, heart jumping when she heard light footfalls in the night. Tensing, she briefly wondered if it were friend or enemy, a weak, bitter chuckle spilling from her lips as she realized that it didn’t really matter, she doubted she was going to see the morning anyway. It was best this way; everything she’d attempted to keep her friends safe had blown up in her face.

Maybe if she were out of the equation…

Blinking back the tears prickling in the back of her eyes, she clenched them closed and held her breath as the faltering steps grew closer, the person’s harsh breathing the only thing breaking the stillness surrounding her as he or she hovered at her side. Expelling a pent up breath, she opened her eyes wearily, unable to find the energy to even flinch as she stared up into a blurred face, shadowed by shoulder-length waves that gleamed in the pale moonlight, forming a halo around his head, looking like the avenging angel for which he was named.

Licking cracked lips, she inhaled sharply as he dropped to his knees, his sharp, harsh but beautiful features coming into focus as he reached for her and a quiet sob of relief broke through, sending another wave of pain through her as tears trickled over her cheeks. Reaching up blindly, she smiled faintly as he folded her fingers into a large, warm palm, murmuring something she didn’t understand under his breath and croaked weakly as her vision dimmed and faded to black. “Michael….”