Possession (L/Khiv, Adult, UC) [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Possession (L/Khiv, Adult, UC) [WIP]

Post by Traitor »

Title: Possession
Author: Traitor
Rating: Adult
Pairings: Liz/Khivar, Cannon up to Ch-Ch-Changes with one small exception. The whole Khivar possession thing never happened. He did not go after Isabel at her wedding.
Summary: Power hungry visitors come to Roswell
Disclaimer: Don’t own a thing. Please don’t sue.
AN: Would like to dedicate this to everyone who inspired me. I've missed you all. And big BIG thanks to dreamer19 for the banner!

Prologue

The day it happened, the day everything had changed, a shockwave had gone through him. He’d felt it, strong, pulsing and full of electricity, course though every fiber of his being. It shook his bones, made the blood in his veins boil with a heat and intensity that he had never felt before.

It felt as if his soul, his very core, had been ripped from him and then shoved forcefully back in.

He knew that he had to find the source of it. It wasn’t an option for him to simply cast off that feeling. Something, or someone, very strong and very powerful had been thrust upon him and there was no possible way that he could ignore that fact.

He sighed deeply to himself and ran a hand through his hair.

He felt as if he had stayed here to long already. Every fiber of his being screamed for him to go, to find that tremendous power that beckoned to him.

“What is wrong with you?”

He turned to the voice that had intruded upon him and his solace. He gazed intently at the speaker, his eyes full of resolve and conviction. He understood what he had to do. Most of them were going to say he was being rash and impetuous, but he was the one who gave the orders, not them.

The unseen force calling to him momentarily made him quiver on the inside. It was seducing him, calling him to follow with it’s siren song.

“Get yourself ready,” he said sternly. “We leave for Roswell tomorrow.”

------------

So? Continue? Yes? No? Maybe? Be honest people!
Last edited by Traitor on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 25 times in total.

click the link! click it! My Glee Project Audition!!!
Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Kh, Adult, UC) Chp 1. 5/6/10

Post by Traitor »

Ok, so I decided to go ahead and post this cause I have to work this weekend and won't be able to update. Thanks to all of you who left feedback and ElfAngel01, it's so good to hear from you again! I've missed ya!

Please bare with me while I try to get back into my normal writting style. I find this chapter is not quite up to par with my normal drabble, but I promise I'm working on it!

----------------

Chapter 1

The crowd in the packed bar began to cheer wildly as Maria and the Kit Shickers began to play another song. Liz tapped her fingers in time to the rhythm of the slow tune. She remembered Maria singing this song once before, the night of that awful blind date contest.

Max remembered that night too. He looked at Liz and held out his hand. She grabbed onto him without a seconds hesitation.

“I think, “ he said as he pulled her towards him, “that it would be rude if we didn’t dance to at least one song. Maria might think badly of us.”

Liz giggled as he pulled her out onto the crowded dance floor. “Well, if it helps me escape the Deluca wrath, then I don’t see the harm in one dance.”

He pulled her tightly into his arms, thanking Maria silently for inviting them to her big night. He hadn’t really been in the mood to go, especially since Michael and Maria had just ended things. Michael had made him feel like he was choosing Maria’s side if he came, but any chance that he got to hold onto Liz like this was well worth a few dirty looks from his best friend.

Max and Liz seemed to dance effortlessly together. She loved this. She loved being here in his arms where everything seemed right and whole. Lately it seemed like all of the bad that had come into their lives the last few years had slowly begun to fade away. She barely caught herself thinking about those times anymore.

She buried her head in his chest and inhaled his thick, musky aroma. He smelled like the sun to her.

Max looked down and smiled at the insanely beautiful girl in his arms. He wondered sometimes how he had found her, what he had done to deserve her. He briefly pondered this, wondering if his past self had done some great, selfless act and Liz was his reward.

“What are you doing?” he asked her, a smile teasing at the corners of his mouth. God she loved that smile. He could make her melt with barely more than a smirk and he knew it.

Liz bit the corner of her lip and looked at him with what she hoped was a look of seduction. She generally just felt odd when she attempted to be sexy, but she was trying to come out of her shell a little more lately.

“Well.” she said timidly, “I was sniffing you.”

Ooookay,” Max laughed. He pulled her tighter to him, loving the way her petite body fit up against him. “Do I at least smell good?”

Liz inhaled again and smiled. “Oh yeah, Too good.”

She was being playful tonight and Max loved it. He was seeing a different side of her lately, a side that was a lot more carefree and spontaneous. He didn’t have any complaints.

Liz pushed herself back and looked into Max’s warm amber eyes. She noticed the dark ring of black that was beginning to build around the outer rim of his iris. He wanted her, wanted her so bad he could taste it. A dangerous smirk flashed across her face.

I’m going to play and he’s going to love it, Liz thought wickedly to herself.

She stood on her tip-toes, pressing herself closer. She could feel him hold his breath, feel his body stiffen in response to her touch. “How bout we get out of here?”

Max exhaled deeply, “I, wouldn’t Maria be mad?”

Damn his politeness, Liz thought to herself. Oh well, she wasn’t going to give up her assault that easily. Something inside of her lately needed to be let out, and she had decided that now was the time to unleash it.

“Do you really care?” she whispered into his ear, catching her teeth on his lobe as she pulled away.

She heard him moan and she knew he was caught. This was fun, playing the seductress. She defiantly had to do it more often.

“Lets go,” he said breathlessly as he took her hand and led her out of the bar. The anticipation surrounding what she knew might very well happen that night was beginning to become very real. Suddenly she didn’t feel like a seductress anymore. She started to feel nervous, anxious, and a little . . . Feverish?

Wait.

She ran a hand across her brow as Max pulled her out the front door. Her hair was quickly becoming drenched from sweat and her vision was beginning to blur. Liz blinked, trying to focus, but everything seemed unreal and very far away.

This wasn’t right.

Once they reached Max’s jeep the sudden assault of heat coursing through her body grew stronger and stronger. Her body literally felt as if she were going to melt. She dropped Max’s hand and halted by the passenger side door.

“Liz?” Max asked, turning back to look at her. She tried to look at him, to talk to him, to tell him that something was very, very wrong with her.

The heat burned her lungs.

“I,” she began, but the pain suddenly grew white hot and unbearable. She was trying to focus, trying to understand. Didn’t he see it? Couldn’t he see that she was in flames? She swore the fire was licking at her face, at her chest, at her arms. Her knees began to shake and quiver and she reached for the door, trying to steady herself.

I’m sinking, Max! Help me! She felt as if she had said the words aloud, but she never moved, never spoke. The pain was becoming so intense that she felt as if she were slowly fading out from existence.

She was being slowly, torturously, incinerated from the inside out. Sinking into her own personal hell.

Max reached for her hand again, still unaware of the inner fire raging inside of her. That’s when they both noticed the sparks of green energy coursing over her arms.

Max’s eyes grew wide.

What the hell was. . .

A bloodcurdling scream tore out from somewhere deep inside Liz. Her eyes rolled back and Max moved quickly, catching her in his arms as she sank into blissful, black, unconsciousness.

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Kh, Adult, UC) Chp. 1 -5/6/10

Post by Traitor »

jake17: hehe. Thank you. I loved that line too.
dreambeliever: I'm all about trying to throw a few new people on the Traitor wagon! lol
forever dreamer: Hahahaha1 You have NO idea how much it pained me to write that. I never every write dreamer anything. I think that's why the first couple chapters suffer a bit. Max. . . *shudders* eww. And the Khivar goodness is coming, I promise, though it's not for a few chapters.
dreamerfiend: Thank you!

Keep the feedback coming and thanks to you all. It keeps me writing. This was orig. only half of the second chapter, but I felt the need to cut it off here as to keep you all in suspense! hehe. On with the show!

Chapter 2

Liz lay on Michael’s bed, every member of the Pod squad surrounding her. Max sat on the edge of the bed beside her, his head clutched in his hands.

It was going to be ok, he told himself silently. Liz was going to be ok. They were going to figure this out. They were going to were going to fix Liz and then everything would go back to the way it was supposed to be.

Max shook his head and let out an exasperated sigh. Who was he kidding? Everything wasn’t going to be ok. His who world was shattering, falling in pieces around him.

Isabel’s warm hand clamped down on her brothers slumped shoulder, shaking him from his thoughts. He glanced up at her, pulling his gaze from Liz for the first time in over an hour.

He searced his sisters face, trying to find a glimmer of hope or reassurace in them. All he saw was a terror that mirrored his own. “It’s been over an hour, Isabel. What are we supposed to do. I can’t think. . . “

The tall blonde shook her head. She felt her heart break slightly when she looked into his eyes. He looked worn - broken. Isabel hadn’t seen him like this in a long time. Liz was what made Max whole, made him strong. She had nevery really and truly understood the impact that Liz had on there group until now.

Isabel looked around the room at the people around her. Michael, Kyle, Maria, Max. Every one of them looked desperate, unsure, and scared. Liz was their glue, the backbone of their group. Even though no would would admit it, she was the reason they were all still together, all still alive. Isabel made a silent promise to thank Liz Parker for everything she had done when they got her out of whatever mess this was.

Kyle moved forward, breaking the silence and moving closer to Max and Isabel. He held a hand under his jaw, trying to think of something, anything to say that would be useful. He got nothing. “Does anyone here have any idea, any clue, any theory on what is going on? Pull something out of the air for Buddah’s sake, but we can’t just keep sitting here in silence.” He looked at Max, staring him dead in the eyes. “She’s sparking like a fucking live wire, Max. You have to make a move.”

Maria looked at Liz, tears streaming down her face. “Do something!” She choked back a sob. “I can’t watch her suffer like this for another minute. Just, HELP HER!”

Max’s eyes roamed from face to face and then stopped when he saw the streams of green electric current coursing over Liz’s smooth olive skin. He reached out to stroke her hair, just to make sure she was still ok, when he decided to finally attempt to heal her. He was going to fix this. He moved his hands over her, preparing to open up the connection he needed.

Something tore at Maria. This was wrong, Every part of her screamed to stop him, to keep him from doing what he was about to do. Something inside of her said, no.

Maria moved quickly from where she had been sitting, trying to get to Liz before Max’s hands touched her, but strong arms gripped her from behind. Michael was holding her back.

“Stop Max! You don’t even know what is wrong with her!” she screamed, kicking at Michael.

Max, Michael, Isabel. No of them listened to her. She watched in horror as Max layed his hands on her head and closed his eyes. She watched, mouth gaping as Liz began to writhe in pain. Her body glowed, sizzled. Liz’s eyes snapped open at the sudden, jarring onslaught of pain. She screamed.

“Stop! Stop! Stop!” Tore from her lungs.

Maria broke from Michael’s hold and ran to her best friend, pulling her off of the bed and into her arms. Liz couldn’t stand, she was to week, and they both sank to the floor.

Isabel was the first one to notice the scorch marks on Michael’s sheets, a perfect, burnt outline of Liz’s hand.

“Liz?” Max made a move forward, one hand outstretched, his eyes searching Liz’s unusually pale face for answers. She let out a squeak and cowered, hiding behind her hair and nuzzling into Maria’s shoulder. He didn’t understand. Was she, afraid of him? “Liz? It’s me. It’s Max. Baby, it’s ok.”

A sarcastic chuckle from behind them made everyone’s attention momentarily turn from Liz. Michael, Isabel, and Max whirled around, hands outstretched and ready to protect themselves from whoever or whatever it was.

“You really is a stupid fucker, ain’t ya Maxie boy?

Ava.

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Kh, Adult, UC) Chp.3

Post by Traitor »

So glad that I'm getting a good response to this fic! I was worried my writing would suck since I haven't done it in so many years! New week, new chapter. Feedback first though, cause I am an uber feedback whore.

KiaraAlexisKlay: Thank you! I was worried the Dreamer part was going to come out wrong so I'm glad it didn't. And yes, Maria is a wacko. I love to write her because she so often changes her mind at the drop of a hat. And Ava? I love her too! Thanks sooo much for the feedback!

dreambeliever: Glad you like it!

flyawayraven: There is a sad, sad shortage of Traitor fics lately arent there? lol. Thanks for the feedback.

garcia88: So happy everyone is enjoying this!

roswellian love:
Glad to have you hooked. That's my ultimate goal! Dreamer makes me cringe too. I'd be happy if you get into this fic and I can bring someone else over to the dark side. muwahaaaaaa!

forever dreamer: Glad you aren't a dreamer, cause....well, you'll see eventually.

booktv-girl2310: Not gonna tell! hehehehe.

Emerald_iceus: Max get his ass kicked....well....nah, not gonna tell. I'm a sneaky little bitch. He may, he may not. I give away nothing! :twisted:

Sorry this part is so short guys, next one is longer. I promise.

Now I want to warn you all that the Khivar in my story is not going to be misunderstood and all of that. He is a bad guy. I won't go so far as to say that he is evil, but he's not a nice alien. Also, I'm changing it up a bit. Khivar never crashed Isabel's wedding. Block it from your mind. Pretend it never happend.

And now, ladies and gents, I give you.....Khivar.

Chapter 3

10 miles outside of Roswell

A pungent, sickly aroma hit him like a slap in the face as he opened the door to the warehouse. His nose wrinkled in disgust. He severely disliked this planet and he had only been on it for an hour. Everything around him smelled like rot and decay.

This planet was a heap of filth.

Khivar smirked to himself. The irony of it all didn’t escape him. How fitting, he thought, that the Royal Four should be exiled here. They could rule this garbage pile for all he cared.

He stepped around the body of the lone security guard that had seen their arrival. The older man had been scared, tried to run. He’d almost felt bad about killing him, almost. But they came here for one purpose and one purpose only, any humans that got in the way of that were a necessary evil.

Khivar stepped into the building, surveying his surroundings. His green eyes roamed over every inch of the room, looking for any further sign of life that he might have to take care of. He found nothing. They were alone. Nicholas wasn’t even there yet. Late as usual. He made a mental note to talk with the boy on the importance of punctuality.

The door slammed shut behind him and Khivar to face his little sister. He watched with amusment as she tried in vain to brush the dust and dirt from her black pants. She let out a low growl of frustration and her nose crinkled.

“What is that God awful smell?” Even when she was annoyed, her voice was still as light and melodic as ever. Her voice had never matched her personality. It always threw people off.

Khivar chuckled, deep and fell of sarcasm. “That, dear Raven, is the smell of Earth.” He paused, taking in a deep breath to further his point. “Magical isn’t it?” The sarcasm dripped heavily from his voice and Raven rolled her large blue eyes at her brother.

“Just lovely,” Raven retorted. She tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear and sighed. “I indulged you by coming on this stupid excursion, Khivar. Can we please hurry and get whatever it is we came here for and get the fuck off of this rock? I can’t stand to be here even one moment longer than I have to be.”

Raven had always been blunt, straight to the point about how she felt, but then again, so had he. He didn’t want to be here anymore than she did. He had the granolith., had the queen and her bastard child. His place as king was secure. The Four could rot here as far as he was concerned.

But that power….

No, He didn’t want to be here at all, but he had to be here. That power had pulled him here, would have dragged him kicking and screaming if he hadn’t been so easily seduced by it. Even now he could feel it. He felt it pulsing around him like it was alive. Khivar didn’t understand how Raven could be so oblivious to it.

He wanted it, craved it, secretly coveted it.

It was like a force of nature, wild and untapped. But he was going to tame it. That power was going to be his.

Khivar ran a hand through his sandy blonde hair and stared at Raven. He hadn’t really wanted her to come along with him. There were very, very few things in his life that he loved, wholy and completely, and Raven was one of them. He would lay down his life for her, protect her at all costs. But he didn’t want to ever be put in that position and if things went badly here, he would worry about her constantly.

But his sister was smart, cunning, and extremely powerful, and she had reminded him, not to pleasantly, that they were stronger together. So although he hadn’t wanted her, he did need her, even though he would never admit that to anyone but himself.

“Where is you’re little dog anyways, “ Raven asked suddenly, Her arms were folded across her chest and her toe tapped the ground impatiently. She glared at him. “Shouldn’t he be here lapping at your feet by now?”

“Patience, Raven,” He scolded, pushing back the hint of amusement at his sisters comments. “As soon as Nicholas arrived, we will form our plan.”

Raven scowled. He knew she was worried about him. He never went into things without a plan. He was not rash or impetuous by nature. Whatever this force over him was had him blinded, and Raven knew that. Khivar sighed. He had no idea that Raven already had a backup plan already in place.

If Khivar slipped up, if this power changed him into something that wasn’t the brother she knew and loved, if he became obsessed, she would cut his ties to it. She would find the powers source and eliminate it. No matter what the cost…..she would not see her brother fall.

“Alright,” Raven conceded. “We wait for Nicholas then.”

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Kh, Adult, UC) Chp. 4

Post by Traitor »

Ok. So, first of all I would like to apologize for the wait on this chapter. I have rewritten it about 7 times and I am still not fully satisfied, but I figured that was as good as I was going to get. lol.

Second, thanks for all the feedbacks and bumps. I can't keep writing without knowing someone likes it and you guys have made it easy for the muse to keep me going. Now, I normally like to reply to feedback individually but I am running short on time and won't be able to tonight, so I'll just say this....THANK YOU! Keep it coming and the chapters will follow.

Hope I didn't dissapoint with this chapter!

Chapter 4

Liz’s hair fell in a wet, tangled mess around her face. She was confused, uncertain. It took her a moment to fully regain a sense of self. Her body tingled oddly, not painful this time, just.. Different. She didn’t feel the heat anymore, didn’t feel the liquid fire in her veins. She felt, if nothing else, calm.

Her eyes skimmed over everyone in the room, taking in the scene, trying to make some sense of what she had woken up to. That’s when she noticed Ava. She looked different, her hair was longer and hung in loose waves. There were a few strategically placed black streaks near the front, her piercings were gone, except for the belly ring that shone through her sheer white top, but the thing that Liz noticed most was her posture, her attitude. She seemed strong, almost ferial - a warrior.

Liz finally caught Ava’s eyes and when she did, a connection surged to life, bright and blazing. They stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, neither one of them noticing how the others looked at them - a mixture of fear, relief, and confusion in everyone’s eyes. Liz and Ava stood frozen, ice blue eyes on chocolate brown, locked in secrecy.

Liz’s eyes began to water and she blinked rapidly, breaking the connection that she had been sucked into and only then noticed how tightly Maria was holding onto her. She’d never realized how strong her best friend was. Liz wriggled, trying to break free, but she got nowhere. Liz cast a glance up. The look on Marias face seemed to suggest that she wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Her shoulders slumped in defeat. It would have been easier to slip away from a boa constrictor.

Max took a step towards Ava, which made Liz cringe.

“Ava.”

The hate and malice, the edge of bitterness in Max’s voice, scared her to the core. That wasn’t her Max, the love of her life. Her Max didn’t speak like that, didn’t hate. She understood that he was being protective, but….. He frightened her. She watched helplessly as his hands curled into tight fists at his sides. The way he looked at her, like she was some venomous evil thing, made Liz shudder.

Maria’s grip on her waist tightened.

Ava’s eyes had never faltered, never even cast a sideways glance at Max when he had growled out her name. Liz caught something, a feeling washing over her, and she looked at Isabel, who kept staring back and forth between Ava and Liz. A ghost of a smile crossed Liz’s lips. Isabel had picked up on the connection that had flared. Something was different, was off, and the tall blond knew it. She, however, seemed to be the only one who had sensed it.

“What the hell do you want?” Max hissed through clenched teeth, his growing rage seeping into every syllable. “Come to finish what Rath and Lonnie couldn’t?”

Liz opened her mouth, trying to speak, to tell everyone to calm down, but nothing came out. Her mouth felt dry and heavy. Speech had momentarily eluded her.

Ava finally moved, her body slinking forward from her spot in the doorway. Her body was tense, ready for a confrontation. She had only managed to take two steps towards Liz when Max and Michael blocked her path. Liz’s heart raced. This was Ava, the girl who had helped them, so why were they acting like she was poison?

Ava scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“Please. You two think I can’t take you? I got more power in one pinky than the two of you combined.” Ava started at both of them in equal turn, giving them a warning glance, before she turned her attention back to Liz. “I ain’t got no beef with any of you. As for why I’m here, I just came to get my girl, Lizzie.”

Liz could feel Maria shudder, her body pressing tighter into Maria’s arms, and she choked slightly. “Fuck you!” Maria yelled protectively. Liz tried again to speak, to tell everyone to shut up so they could go about this decently, but once again, she failed. Ava’s eyes caught hers and she shook her head. Don’t try, not yet.

Liz’s breath caught. Telepathy wasn’t a power she had ever known any of them to have, and yet, somehow, Ava had just done it. She’d felt the gently touch of Ava’s mind brushing against hers.

“Fuck me, huh?” The bitterness that edged in Ava’s voice was unmistakable. “I think I’ve been fucked and fucked over enough for one lifetime.”

The tension in the room had become unbearable. Even Kyle had moved over closer to Liz, humans cowering from the aliens. Liz would have laughed if she could have. Michael and Max were getting antsy, everyone could tell, and pissed off aliens were never a good thing. She was worried, not only for herself, but for everyone in the room.

“What do you want with Liz?” Michael asked. He was trying very hard to keep his voice calm and level. Liz watched how his knuckles began to turn chalky white where he was gripping tightly onto Max’s shoulder. He was having to use every bit of strength he had to keep Max from lunging on Ava.

Liz understood now. Max was scared, he was confused, and he needed someone to blame for what was happening to her. He blamed Ava.

“What do I want?” Ava tossed her head, her hair falling over her shoulder. “What I want is to help Liz, which” She paused, glaring at everyone before settling her gaze back on Max. “none of you seem to be doing. Look at this! I mean, Liz is over there cowering and the only one in here who is even halfway paying attention to her is Maria.” Ava took a breath, trying to steady herself. “I can help her.”

Max’s eyes flashed dangerously. “We, I, was trying to help her when you showed up!”

“Really, Maxie? Cause I could’ve sworn I heard her screaming, begging you to stop. You call that helping?” Ava smiled then, her grin light and full of mischief. “You are so stupid, sometimes I’m surprised you remember to breathe.”

“Wha-” Max tried to interrupt, but Ava silenced him with a fierce stare. She looked at Liz, her eyes growing soft.

“I told you he changed you.”

Liz closed her eyes and exhaled deeply and she felt Maria’s arm begin to grow slack. Ava’s words from the previous year echoed in her head. She’d saved Max that day, the day Ava had first told her that she was different. She wished she had believed it then. Now her head was swimming and the green currents on her arms had started to pierce her skin again. Maria’s arms dropped and Liz took a deep breath, using every bit of strength she had left to take a step forward.

“Liz!”

“What are you doing?!”

“Stop!”

A chorus of voices echoed around her, begging her to stop, to stay where she was. Funny how they all paid attention to her now. They screamed at her, every one of them. A wave of nausea rolled over her and her stomach churned violently.

Her knees buckled and she hit the ground.

Max knelt beside her. He put his hand on her arm, trying to pull her to him, but his touch made her skin sere. She winced. How could he not see what he was doing to her?

“Don’t touch me!” Liz screamed, her voice finally breaking through. Her body began to tremble. She felt hot, sick, angry, scared. Too many emotions. She was overloaded.

Liz’s hands flew out. She needed to let it out, let it go. A rush of energy flowed from her like raging waters and a violent shock of power rocked the room.

The walls shook.

The lights flickered.

And they all came tumbling down, save for Ava.

“Pack quite a punch there, cornball.” Ava laughed. “I’m impressed.”

Liz’s eyes darted around the room. Everyone groaned, trying to pull themselves to their feet. She stayed on the floor, stayed where it was safe.

Her body didn’t feel the same way it had just hours ago. It felt as if something had clawed its way inside of her. She felt like she’d been shattered and someone had put the pieces back together in a totally different arrangement. She felt strong, felt powerful.

So much more powerful than she had ever imagined.

Liz Parker was different.

“I’m not human anymore, am I?” She spoke softly, her eyes trailing slowly from the floor to Ava.

Ava smiled and crossed the divide between them. She held out her hand. Liz didn’t hesitate, just took hold of Ava and let herself be pulled back to her feet. Ava’s eyes locked onto Liz’s and her hand rose to cup an olive toned cheek.

“Not one bit, girly.” Her eyes danced. “But then again, you were never fully human to begin with.”
Last edited by Traitor on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Kh, Adult, UC) Chp. 5

Post by Traitor »

You know, every time I get on here and see how much of a good response this story gets, I get all giddy and I think I pee my pants a little. Lol. No really, I'm serious about the being giddy part.

Whimsicality, roswellian love, garcia88, barbara87413, booktv-girl2310, and Natz. Thank you all for the feedback. You seriously make me keep writing, and thanks to all the lurkers who read this too!

Now, I know that this chapter is short, but I cut the orig chapter in half because I am going to be busy with finals next week and I didnt want to leave you all hanging that long. Next part is longer, but for now....enjoy!

Chapter 5

Khivar had never been what anyone would call a good person. From the moment he had been born the darkness had claimed him, consumed him. He belonged to the shadows, the desolate, the cursed. It had laid its mark upon him, seared itself into his soul.

There was no light in his world, no happiness or promise of a better, brighter tomorrow, only death and utter abandon.

But there was a part of him, a small miniscule piece that he had shoved into the deepest dusty corner of his subconscious long ago, that yearned to feel - to feel warm. To feel full and no longer be left wanting.

Khivar groaned, pushing the thin scratchy motel sheets down around his bare legs. He sat up and pushed his hands through his hair. He let out a shaky breath and took a deep greedy gulp of air in return. It burned his lungs, but he welcomed the pain it caused. It helped him jump back into reality.

Nicholas had been no help whatsoever when he had arrived. He had been utterly clueless to what Khivar had been feeling. No, Nicholas was a disappointment, as per usual.

“Just go to the hotel and rest, my lord. I promise I will follow up every lead I have and do my best to find an answer for you by morning.”

Raven had been furious at his insolence, had wanted to slash his throat, but Khivar and ebbed her temper. He had waited this long, one more day couldn’t possibly hurt, at least that’s what he had thought.

He had been peaceful, calm, until he and Raven had retired to their rooms, until he had laid his head down, closed his eyes, and let sleep claim him.

In his dreams, he found himself in a vast gray abyss, a heavy feeling weighing him down. He was disarmed, immobilized. He had seemed to be alone at first, but something else soon made its presence known.

Out of the dreary landscape, a thick purple fog had slowly snaked its way to him. It pulsed and twisted around him, dancing to a beat that he didn’t recognize at first - the hammering of his own heart against his chest.

Its caress against his skin left him shaken, exposed. It was hot, yet cold. Gentle, yet rough. Firm, but also very soft.

The power, because he knew instantly that was what it was, was electric, it was strong. It curled inside of him and pulled at every nerve it touched. He moaned at the feel of its heart racing next to his. He could hear it, hear it breath, hear it whisper.

It was alive

For the first time since he had felt the surge of power, he knew that that the force that pulled him, moved him, was not a what, but a who…..a her.

Khivar touched his chest absently, remembering his vision.

He’d felt its, her, heartbeat - fast and wild and untamed. He had shuddered when her soul, he knew that it had to be her soul, had touched him, rousing up his inner most desires.

This woman had caused a hunger in him that would not be sated until he had her, was inside of her, consuming every last drop she could give him.

He raised himself out of bed and slid on his pants. He needed a walk, needed air, and most of all, he needed her….whoever she was.

---------------------------*************************----------------------------------------

“Liz?”

Ava’s voice was the only thing that registered.

She wasn’t human, never was. How was that possible? What did that mean?

A million questions swirled around in Liz’s head. She felt dizzy again.

“I need air.” she choked out. She forced herself up off of the floor, ignoring the cries of protest and alarm around her.

They were white noise in her ears. Static on the radio. Right now, no one existed but her and the little blond who had just shaken her world.

Something inside Liz pulled her forward, told her to walk, called to her to go outside even though it was pouring down rain and 3am.

“Walk with me Ava?” Liz’s eyes were heavy and bloodshot. “I’d rather have plenty of oxygen when you explain this all to me. I really don’t want to pass out again.”

Ava nodded and took Liz’s arm, leading her to the door, leaving a stunned clueless crowd behind them.

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Kh, Adult, UC) Chp. 6

Post by Traitor »

I mean, really guys, the response i've gotten to this story has made me so freaking happy. I hope i don't let you all down. I know I'm getting to the Khivar/Liz goodness slowly, but I'm a sucker for suspense!

Thank you to everyone for the feedback and please enjoy this chapter. It answers a major question, but raises so many more. I'm evil. I know! :twisted:

Chapter 6

Liz wasn’t even certain how far she had walked since she left Michael’s apartment, didn’t really care at this point. She couldn’t feel anything, nothing phased her. Not even the cold hard rain that pelted relentlessly against her face. Ava walked beside her, matching her stride for stride. Liz had not spoken a single word to her in the twenty some odd minutes that they had been wandering around. Ava understood though. She knew that Liz needed time to brace herself for the answers that were inevitably going to come.

Ava just hoped that Liz was strong enough to hear it.

Liz paused and took in her surroundings. She hadn’t even been aware of where her feet were taking her until now. She stood in the cemetery, staring down at the marble headstone of her best friend. Alex. He was the one she needed most right now, not Maria, Not Max. Alex could have cracked a joke and made everything right again, no matter how bad the situation was. But he wasn’t here, she had to remind herself, and there would be no laughter tonight.

She whipped her head around, water logged strands of hair slapping her in the face, and she stared at Ava, at the girl who looked so much like the person who had taken away her happiness. Liz had to reign in her anger, because this was not Tess and no matter how much they looked alike, they were not the same.

“Where were you?”

Ava blinked rapidly, Liz’s question taking her aback. That had not been the question she had been prepared to answer.

“What?”

Liz took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her hand went absently to caress Alex’s headstone, wishing silently for a little reassurance from him. “You left, Ava.” Liz’s voice was hoarse and full of a mixture of emotions - anger, pain, confusion. Everything that she had worked so hard to push down deep inside of her was now floating just under the surface, ready to burst out.

Ava braced herself for the backlash.

“You told me I was different. You tell me that I’m changed, and then you just take off! No letters, No emails, no chatty phone calls just to say, ‘Hey Liz. Hows it going? By the way, you’re a fucking alien!’”

Ava cringed.

Liz clutched at her chest and sobbed. “I needed you, Ava. Where the hell were you?”
Ava moved forward a step, reaching out to put her arm around the petite brunettes shoulders. Liz’s tears fell onto the top of the grave, mixing in with the already soaked earth.

“I’m sorry, cornball. I really am. But I had to go.”

“Why?” Liz stared at her, longing to hear an answer.

Ava’s eyes closed tightly. “After I saw you, felt how much power you had in you, I had to dig a little, investigate.” She exhaled deeply and tried to find a way to say what had to be said. “It got dangerous. Really, really dangerous.”

Liz moved her hand to push back a strand of hair from her cheek. Her head spun wildly. “Why was it so dangerous?” She choked out. Words weren’t coming to her as easily as they usually did. Her heart felt heavy and she wondered where the happy Liz from mere hours ago had disappeared to. Her life was so much different than she had pictured it. “What about me could possibly make things so perilous, Ava.” Her breath hitched. “I’m not important.”

Ava squeezed Liz’s shoulder and let out a dry chuckle. She really did regret that she had ever had to leave Liz behind, but she hoped her friend would understand soon enough. “You are so much more than you give yourself credit for, Lizzie girl.”

Now it was Liz’s turn to laugh, a ghost of a smile teasing at the corners of her lips. “What am I, Ava? Why is all of this happening to me.”

Liz had to force herself to ask the question. Part of her didn’t want to know. Part of her wanted to pretend that the last 3 years had been nothing more than a bad dream,

Real life was crashing down on her and she was afraid.

Ava moved her other hand under Liz’s chin, tilting her head up. Their eyes locked and Ava gave her a small smile of reassurance. This was it. Truth time. No going back from here. “You, Liz Parker, are only half human. You are the product of a human/Alien relationship.”

Liz’s eyes nearly bulged out of her head and she stared at Ava in bewilderment. She knew she had to have misunderstood. This wasn’t possible. “W-what? No! My parents are Jeff and Nancy parker! My mother gave birth to me! My dad….”

Ava shook her head sadly. “Is not your biological father.” she interrupted.

Liz pushed back the urge to vomit and forced herself to ask the question that she knew must be asked. “Then who is?”

“Are you sure?”

Liz’s fists clenched at her sides. “Just tell me!” she screamed. A wave of pure untamed power rolled off of her and made all noise around them cease.

The rain ran down Ava’s face and she shivered.

“Nicholas,” Ava choked out. “You’re father is Nicholas.”

The scream that tore from Liz was enough to wake the dead. It was hate, it was sorrow, it was damnation. Ava prayed that no one was around to hear it……but someone did.

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Kh, Adult, UC) Chp. 7

Post by Traitor »

So....I;m back with an update! Sorry I'm going so slow to get to the Khivar/Liz goodness in this guys, but I don't intend on this to be a short story and I feel I need a proper set up for their relationship.

Now....Lots of feedback to get to!

booktv-girl2310: Khivar and Co. are def not good guys. And yeah, it is a little creepy having Nicholas as her dad, but I just couldn't resist.

roswellian love: Glad to have dropped your jaw. lol. And I put it her dad as Nicholas...well, I'm not sure why. It just seemed to fit. How it all happened,,,,that will come soon. And thanks for the bump! Always glad to deliver a fix! :)

garcia88: Glad you're loving this. No, Khivar doesn't know, and Nicholas....well, you'll see!

pandas2001: I live to throw you guys off with my spins. lol. Nicholas' motives and how it all went down will be reveiled soon. I promise. And I won't say who all knows, just that Khivar, for now, does not know.

Whimsicality: Yes...I really just didn't that. And yeah, I thinks it's time for me to admit I'm a teaser whore, but you're just as evil! Everything will come out soon, I promise you that, and all your questions will be answered....and then replaced with new ones! :mrgreen:

Happy reading guys!
----

Chapter 7

There are places in the deepest depths of our minds that are never meant to be entered. Places that are filled with darkness and a an icy overwhelming cold. Secrets hide there, The lies that we tell ourselves, force ourselves to believe, are locked away in that dark place and are never spoken of again. That was the place where Liz was now, the dark, the cold recess that lies just on the border of insanity. She was trapped inside, lost in pure chaos.

Her whole life, her entire pitiful existence, had been nothing more than a lie.

Time ticked by to slowly. Each second causing the illusion of her humanity to crumble bit by bit.

She wasn’t even sure who she was anymore.

The rain had finally stopped, leaving Liz cold and trembling. She wrapped her arms around herself, hugging them to her body, trying to shield herself from the breeze that forced the icy air to gnaw at her. She wanted to move, tried to run, but the rain had made the ground below her to become soft and it pulled her down. She was cemented in place and as much as she wanted to flee, to run home and throw herself in her mothers arms and beg -plead- for the sweetness of a lie, she could not will her feet to move.

She wanted nothing more than to go back to a world of sanity, of logic - a world that she had once known long ago. She longed for a grey world, a world that was bland, that was boring. This world, the place she was in now, could surely not be reality. Down was up, right was wrong, and lies were truth.

Nothing made sense.

Ava took a step forward, closing the gap, and pulled Liz into an embrace. They both shuddered at the contact. Ava wanted to calm Liz, comfort her, fill in the chasm in her soul that had just been violent formed. But, as Ava inhaled, taking in the scent of the girl who was her best friend, she knew that this was not something she could fix. The truth had not been fully revealed yet and things were going to get a lot worse before they got better.

Liz closed her eyes, clamping them shut and trying desperately to force out reality. Her head rested on Ava’s shoulder. “Please tell me that this isn’t real, “ she whispered into locks of blond hair. The desperation in her voice made Ava’s entire body quake and falter. She pulled Liz tighter to her chest and sighed heavily. Remorse, regret. They both felt it. “I wish I could, cornball,” an aching pit of anguish. “You don’t know how much I wish I could.”

Liz tried to focus on something else. She shut out all outside sound and zoned in on her heartbeat - wild and erratic. Try to count the beats - one, two, three, seventy four, ninety two. She lost count after 140. Her heart beat so fast that it felt heavy, weighted, painful. It would have felt better if someone ripped it from her chest. She prayed, in fact, that someone would come along and do just that. It would be better that way, better to end it now before the truth came out to everyone else.

Max….as much as she wanted him to hold her right now, she knew this would be the final blow for them. He would hate her, cast her out, forget that she had ever existed. She was spawned from blackness, from a putrid excuse for a soul - rotting and lifeless. He was her father. She would be finished. They would all be finished with her.

They would hate.

She would crumble.

No more Max. No more love. No more family.

She was tainted from birth. She was poison in their veins.

Ava exhaled, drawing in a deep breath in return, and gently squeezed her shoulders. “Please say something.”

Liz pulled away from Ava’s embrace, wiping at her eyes, ignoring the aching sting. She stared into blue eyes and tried to hold back the sob that lurked just inside of her. “What do I say? What do I do?” Her voice, her resolve was breaking. “Nothing will make this better.” She took a step back and ran a hand through her matted hair. “How do I respond to this?”

Her brown eyes pleaded with Ava to tell her how to feel, what to do, what to say, but Ava had no answers to give her.

Liz turned her head away at Ava’s silence, to ashamed at what she was to look at her anymore. She chewed on her bottom lip nervously. “How did you know? How did you even find out?”

Ava looked down at her feet, an overwhelming anxiousness suddenly taking hold of her. This was the moment that secrets disappeared and truth became everything.. “Lets go back to your house, get you dry. I’ll tell you everything I know.”
----------------------------********************************-------------------------------
He studied the curve of her cheek, the arch of her brow, the delicate bow of her lips. Her eyes darted around the room nervously, trying to look at anything but him.

It amused him, this little game she played. So driven, so sure that she could resist, so bent on forcing herself to be something that she wasn’t.

He held her face in his hands, tracing small circles against her jaw with the pads of his fingers. She was a storm, a blaze, an unquenchable thirst. She made his body quiver. She made his vision cloud.

He leaned forward, letting his lips hover just inches from her ear. “Why do you fight me?”

Her body betrayed her, shuddering at the nearness of him, at his breath against her neck. “Because I’m his. Because I can never be yours.”

He moved, resting his head against hers. Their lips almost touched. Their breaths mingled. She whimpered.

“Never say never, Elizabeth.”

His lips crashed against hers violently.

She was torture. She was pain. She was his fucking Armageddon.

----

Raven’s eyes flew open, wild with rage. She gripped at the bed sheets, casting off the burning sting in her palms.

The vision. It had been so clear, so certain. She had been in Khivars head, just not his head at the moment.

Her eyes narrowed as she concentrated, sensing for her brothers mind in the room next door. A low growl rumbled from her throat when she could not find the connection.

He had started the process already. He had put himself on the path to find it, the power…..the girl. She would be his downfall, the end to him, the end of his reign…..Zan would reclaim the throne most assuredly.

That……that, Raven would not allow.

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Kh, Adult, UC) chapter 8

Post by Traitor »

Hey guys and gals! Sorry it's taken me so long to update, but I start back to school next week and I've been preparing for that. Thankfully it's my last semester. lol

Ok, so I know this chapter sucks and I want to give my apologies for that. My three year old has been driving me up the wall this week so it hasn't been rewritten 10 times like I normally do. Bare with me guys!

Big thanks to Whimsicality, garcia88, roswellian love, and pandas2001 for the feedback, and thanks to the lurkers for reading. Hope you guys enjoy!

Chapter 8

“What can we do?” Maria exhaled, sighing as the air rushed out of her lungs. Her head throbbed and she rubbed her temples in frustration. This day was not happening, she thought to herself. Maybe she had a panic attack before her set at the bar and fainted. Maybe this was just some strange hallucination from inhaling to much cypress oil. Whatever it was, she wished she would just wake up already.

“We need to go after her,” Max growled. “It’s been nearly an hour. Ava could be handing her over to Khivar by now.” He’d gone over the past few hours events in his head a million times already. Ava had just showed up when Liz had been in trouble, and she had gone with her. To Max, that only meant one thing….Ava must have mind warped Liz. There was no way the Liz that he knew would ever leave of her own free will.

Michael, who had been crouched in the corner, stood up and glared at Max. “Really, Maxwell?” His eyes narrowed at his brother. “The girls starts sparking and shaking, your touch makes her scream and burn holes in my sheets, and all you can think about is how she might be getting taken to Khivar? Did you ever think that she might be really scared and just needs a little time to herself?”

Max started at Michael, his jaw hard and set. “Liz wouldn’t just run away from me….Liz and I love each other. We handle things together.” A slow smirk pulled at the corners of his mouth, taunting the boy whom he called his brother. “That’s what a real relationship is, Michael…..not that you and you’re dysfunctional girlfriend would know anything about that.”

Blond hair whipped Maria in the face as she whirled her head around to face Max. “Shut up, your royal cluelessness! God forbid you actually place blame on yourself for once! No, you have to make everyone else feel like shit so you can feel better!”

Kyle took his arm from around Isabel’s waist and moved to stand between to the two very pissed of alien males in front of him. They were both breathing heavily and their eyes screamed hostility. They would kill each other if no one interfered, Kyle was sure of.

“Hey, hey. Did anyone ever think that maybe we should be thinking about Liz instead of having a massive fight? Buddha says…”

Four voices echoed in unison, “Shut up, Kyle.”

Kyle threw his hands up in defeat and took a step back. “Ok. Fine. Don’t listen to me. Kill each other for all I care…… At least then I’d be the hottest guy in the room.

Isabel rolled her eyes and chuckled, suddenly glad for Kyle’s unusual sense of humor. “Then you’d be the only guy in the room, Valenti.”

Maria, whose hands refused to stop shaking, forced herself to gather every bit of strength she had left and turned to Isabel. She pushed all thoughts from her head except for thoughts of Liz. “We need to go after her.”

Isabel shook her head and chewed nervously on her bottom lip. The fact that she was nervous made Maria worry even more. “No. We need to let her have a night to herself. Liz will be ok. We just need to give her time.”

“How can you say that, Isabel?” Max asked, his voice breaking. “She needs me. And Ava….”

Isabel waved a hand at her brother, silencing him. “Ava has earned a little trust, Max. She helped us a lot last year.” She took a deep breath and clenched her eyes shut momentarily before opening them to stare straight at Max. “And if Liz really needed you, she would have taken you with her.

Let her have time, Max. For once in your life……don’t be selfish.”

-----------------------------------------------------

Liz sat motionless, paralyzed, on the lawn chair on her balcony. Her mind wandered, thinking about Max, Maria, all of the friends whom she had left in a stunned silence nearly an hour before. She had run, which was very unlike her. Liz Parker never ran away from anything. Walk away when the fate of two worlds rested on her doing so, sure, but run away because she was scared? That wasn’t something she did.

“You didn’t run away,” Ava’s voice broke Liz out of her thoughts and she turned to look at the small blonde perched on her windowsill. Ava’s eyes locked on Liz and she looked at her pointedly, making sure she had the girls attention. “You didn’t run away, Liz.”

Liz’s head cocked to the side in confusion. “How did you….”

“Hear what you were thinking?” Ava smiled. Her feet shuffled against the stray bits of dirt and dust on the balcony floor. “Are you ready to know that? Cause once I tell you, you isn’t gonna look at things the same.”

Liz sighed, pushing a stray piece of hair from her face. Not look at things the same? She smirked to herself. To late for that, Ava. “You tell me my father, my real father, is a homicidal maniac, that I’ve always been part alien, and you still ask me that question?” Liz smiled sadly. “Nothing is ever going to be the same ever again, Ava. You might as well tell me the rest.”

Ava picked herself up from the ledge. She had to be strong now, not for herself, but for Liz. If she went about this the wrong way….well, she wasn’t sure how much more information Liz could take before she broke. Maybe it would be better if she omitted some of the more gissely details……
“Don’t leave anything out,” Liz said, picking up on Ava’s inner turmoil.

Ava took a breath and forced herself to stay calm. She settled herself next to Liz on the lawn chair and took her friend’s small hand in her own, squeezing it a bit for reassurance, whether it was to reassure herself or Liz, she wasn’t quite certain.

‘Well, I went to LA when I left…..” Ava closed her eyes and paused. “I went to see my protector. I went to see Kal.”

Liz’s eyes lit up in recognition. She knew that name. “But….he abandoned you. He never did anything for you.”

Ava nodded. “True, Lizzy, all true. But when you have a father like mine, you don’t exactly let you’re guard down. Kal always kept his ear to the ground, making sure they weren’t after us.”

Liz shook her head in confusion. “I don’t….Kal is you’re father?”

A small, sarcastic laugh escaped Ava and she started up at the stars. Her thoughts turned to things that were to dark to ever be fully remembered. All she had were fragments, something she guessed Tess never had. But fragments of a past were all she needed. The rest could stay buried for all she cared.

“The first thing you need to know, Lizzie girl, is that from the moment I met you, I knew who you were to me.”

“And who is that?” Liz asked, her eyes never leaving Ava.

“You’s my sister.” Ava admitted, her eyes turning from heaven to hell, because hell was what she thought of when she remembered her father. “Nicholas is my father too.”

-------------------------------------------------

“You called for me, my lord Khivar?”

Nicholas bowed at the feet of his king, paying no attention to the water soaked carpet of the dingy hotel room. Khivar stood before him, dripping wet and with a look of thorough anger in his eyes.

He looked down on Nicholas, as he always had, but this time, Nicholas held a sneaking suspicion as to what his master was truly angry about.

“You’ve withheld something from me, Nicky.” Khivar accused. “Would you care to tell me again what the power is that has pulled me here?”

Nicholas began to inwardly panic. He couldn’t know, couldn’t have found out so quickly.

“I know nothing, My Lord. But I will continue to search.”

Khivar laughed at him, laughed in a way that terrified Nicholas. He’d only heard that laugh once before….when he had killed Zan so many years ago. He tried to hide his fear, but the sight of Raven stepping out from the shadows made that impossible.

Khivar only called out Raven for torture.

Raven smirked at him, a wicked gleam in her eyes. “My brother has witnessed something tonight, Nicholas. Something that concerns us greatly.” She cracked her knuckles loudly, and moved a step closer to him. “You’ve been very bad, my little Nicho.”

Her hands wrapped around his head and the sense of overwhelming pain came over him before he was pulled into unconsciousness. His screams echoing in his ears were the last thing he heard.

Traitor
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Possession (L/Khiv, Adult, UC) Chp.9

Post by Traitor »

I would, first of all, like to take a moment to apologize for my absence lately. I started my last semester of college a couple of weeks ago and have been up to my ears in work. literally. lol

Second, thank you all soooooooooo much for the generous feedback and bumps. I really appreciate it guys and I hope that this part (which is longer than my usual), and the answers that come with it, will make up for my lazy posting. Now I warn you all strongly. This part has a scene of violence. I tried not to make it to graphic, but rape is strongly implied so I just figured I'd warn you.

Some lines in this chapter taken from the episode, 'Harvest'. I own nothing.

Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 9

The blinding pain in his brain made Nicholas drop to his knees.

An all to amused Raven smirked down at him, keeping her hands on his temples. This was what she lived for, this was what she was best at, torture, scraping every last bit of information from someone’s mind.

For the first time in his life, Nicholas was petrified.

Khivar stepped forward, arms crossed and staring pointedly at Nicholas, His face was hard, determined to get what he wanted from his former friends mind no matter the cost.

“Now,” Khivar began, pausing to move directly beside Nicholas. “Tell me everything.”

----------

“I have to know everything Kal told you Ava,”

She was determined. Needed answers.

Ava sighed and nodded her head begrudgingly.

“I’ll tell you everything.”

-----------------

Roswell, New Mexico
19 years ago

Black, soulless eyes scanned the crowd of tired, pitiful people before him. The young boy sighed heavily, tapping his fingers against his leg in boredom. This was not what he had signed up for. He wanted action, wanted someone or something to play with.

It had been so long since he’d had a shiny new toy to break.

A sea of faces swam before him, no one noticed, not one of them. They were all oblivious to the obvious threat that sat in their midst. He watched, he waited, he observed. Sooner or later, he would find one of them to sate his lust, calm the burning desire within to torture and mutilate.

Nicholas was on the prowl.

He’d come here by Khivar’s orders, come here to search for a lead on the Royal brats and that whore of a daughter he‘d disowned a lifetime ago, but he had come up empty. Now he was bored, and surely Khivar wouldn’t mind if he played a little before he went back home.

But even if Khivar did mind, what he didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him.

A shriek pulled him from his thoughts and he watched as a group of children wearing alien masks ran past him. He grimaced, obviously disgusted by their display. He hated this place, hated this town, hated this job, and he was going to take that frustration out on someone before the night was over.

He needed a release.

He needed a victim to lash out upon.

That was when he saw her.

She was young, thin, and had light in her eyes, a sparkle, a zest for life that made him want to gag. It was sickening, her happiness, and Nicholas felt the burning desire to extinguish her flame rise up like bile in his throat.

He didn’t move from his spot, watching as a young man snuck up behind her and pulled her playfully into his arms. The girl squealed, spinning around and placing a playful kiss on the boys lips. The boy grinned and nuzzled his face into her hair tenderly.

Love.

So sweet.

He thought he might vomit.

The couple looked so happy, so content. Nicholas smiled to himself and his head cocked to the side in thought. It was a shame that he would have to take that happiness away from them. After all, they were vermin, and he was the superior being here.

This world was his plaything.

And tonight, he would have his fun.

======

Her face pressed into asphalt, ripping, tearing the flesh from her cheek as he ground her head down with heel of his shoe. It hurt, she registered that, but she couldn’t move, couldn’t think logically. She could only lay there, limp, motionless, mouth bound shut of it’s own accord.

No strength.

No voice,

No light.

No free will.

Nicholas smirked down at her, face twisted and full of spite. He reared his leg back to strike.

His boot made contact with her face at full force and he almost cried in glee at the crack of breaking bone that echoed through the alley. That was only the first thing he was going to break tonight.

He would shatter her to the core before his time here was done,

His pants unzipping was the last thing she heard before consciousness finally left her.

==================

He felt them before he saw them. He’d come out of his room ready to pounce, ready to attack. They were in there, all but one of them, and this was the perfect moment to move in for the kill.

Rath could be dealt with later.

Zan was about to die. Here and now.

He’d peeked around the corner to assess them, measure them up. That was when he’d seen her.

“Well, we felt like...like we should come. You know, the congresswoman, she was very...she was special...to all of us.”

Her voice was meek, unsure, but the power he felt rolling off of her was intense. She glanced at him briefly, a flare, something alien flashed at lightening pace across her eyes.

Raw, untapped power.

His throat clenched and his mouth was suddenly very dry.

It wasn’t possible.

“Hi,”

Vilandra spoke to him, jarring him from his inner turmoil and slammed him back into reality. His eyes narrowed and he pulled back a bit,

“Nicholas, there you are! Come on in here. Come on, say hello.” Ida waaved for him to come over.

It was a signal, A code.

Should they attack? That was what the question had really been.

“No, ma’am,”

The answer surprised him, surprised Ida too by the momentary look of panic he’d seen run across her features. He turned on his heel and walked back to his room, closing the door tightly behind him,

That girl, dark and meek and untainted, was his child.

He could feel that. Sense it. And she was with her sister and the very enemies he sought to destroy.

And the power he’d felt from her!

If Khivar knew……

Nicholas began to panic. If Khivar knew, he would want her. If Khivar knew, Nicholas couldn’t use her to his own advantage.

A plan began to form in his head.

No one would know.

-----------------------

Raven pulled away from Nicholas, kicking him back with the heel of her shoe, letting the point dig into his chest forcefully.

She spat at him as he fell back onto the ground in an unconscious heap. He sickened her, his betrayal towards her brother, his king, made her want to rip his little head off, but a calming hand on her shoulder made her stop.

Khivar looked down on his former friend and smiled bitterly.

“Well that was certainly enlightening,” he murmured, rubbing at his temples in thought.

Raven turned, staring at her brother with hard, questioning eyes, “What do you plan to do now?”

He smirked, and it unnerved her, something that did not happen often, His mind was reeling and she already knew the direction he was taking. After all, hadn’t she had a vision about that this very night?

He was walking right to his destruction.

“Tomorrow, I find her.”

It would not end well ,,,,,,,of that, she was certain.
Last edited by Traitor on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.